Seeking Rare Comics

JSLBrowning

Hey B/S/T!

I'm working on a BIONICLE media archiving project, Wall of History, and I'm trying to get my hands on some of the harder-to-come-by comics to include in it.

I'm looking to buy pretty much any comic that wasn't included in the graphic novels — McDonald's comics, Lunchables comics, or any other promotional comic you might have. Here's a list of the comics I know I'm missing:

Before anyone asks, yes, I am aware that many of these comics are already available in digital formats, but I still want to have physical copies to scan myself — the digital versions available on the Internet aren't high enough quality for Wall of History.

So... if anyone has any of the above comics (or any other non-graphic novel comics) and is willing to sell them, let me know!

Edited by JSLBrowning
  • Upvote 1

1554824458_Signature1.thumb.png.b92b35987fd64998219a7750ccf7f46f.png134107221_Signature2.thumb.png.4cbc1d79cb2860c534af37071132810a.png

I'm not really interested in selling (though I do have all the ones you mentioned above and more). If you could get your hands on the Walmart Exclusive version of comic 13 (unleash the rahkshi) I would be interested in trading though.

Edit: this is the Walmart Exclusive cover

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?B=biocom13sp#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

The comic itself came as a minicomic, about the size of comic 10.

Edited by jchavoya

Hey I have the SDCC Issue 1 if youre interested. I also may have a spare Mcdonalds Tohunga comic but im unsure, i would have to check. PM if interested. 

Looking for rare Bionicle Promo Materials!

• Press Kits/Press Packs
  • Promo CD/DVDs
  • Style Guides
  • Promo posters/leaflets etc
  • Anything Unique or one of a kind!

Please message if you have anything of interest

I'm not really interested in selling (though I do have all the ones you mentioned above and more). If you could get your hands on the Walmart Exclusive version of comic 13 (unleash the rahkshi) I would be interested in trading though.

Edit: this is the Walmart Exclusive cover

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?B=biocom13sp#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

The comic itself came as a minicomic, about the size of comic 10.

Thanks for your response! To be totally honest, though, I'm not really interested in trading. As Wall of History is an archiving project, I would like to keep whatever media I acquire, just in case anything happens to my digital copies.

On the off chance I somehow acquire two copies of that Walmart exclusive comic, though, I'll be sure to let you know. In the meantime, if you change your mind about selling, feel free to PM me.

1554824458_Signature1.thumb.png.b92b35987fd64998219a7750ccf7f46f.png134107221_Signature2.thumb.png.4cbc1d79cb2860c534af37071132810a.png

?

Thanks for your response! To be totally honest, though, I'm not really interested in trading. As Wall of History is an archiving project, I would like to keep whatever media I acquire, just in case anything happens to my digital copies.

On the off chance I somehow acquire two copies of that Walmart exclusive comic, though, I'll be sure to let you know. In the meantime, if you change your mind about selling, feel free to PM me.

I definitely understand. I do not have duplicates for most of the above comics, so I will without a doubt not sell them for whatever reason. So I definitely understand that you wouldn't want to sell or trade either. I'd really only be interested in a trade because if I'm going to lose a piece of my collection I'd want to gain a piece too.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who might be willing to sell, here's a more specific list of the comics I'm currently after:

Currently, none of these are available on eBay or BrickLink.

Anything I buy will be scanned and hosted on Wall of History for anyone to enjoy, and I'm quite flexible on prices.

Edited by JSLBrowning

• 1 month later...

Hey I have the SDCC Issue 1 if youre interested. I also may have a spare Mcdonalds Tohunga comic but im unsure, i would have to check. PM if interested.

If OP hasn’t PM’d you about it, I’d be interested in buying the SDCC issue if you still have it.

Edited by Reckreational

Hello, I have #27 and ignition #3. Pm me

I've actually already found copies of those two! Sorry about that, I should've updated the list sooner. Thanks for offering, though! If you have anything else on the list that hasn't been struck through yet, let me know.