What character deserves a spin-off?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys!:) We know that there are so many characters in Bionicle stories. Even though that the Toa Mata/Nuva/Masters/Uniters, Metru/Hordika, Inika/Mahri, Takanuva, Gresh, and Mata Nui are always seen as main protagonists in the stories, there are some minor-ish characters have very large profiles, as in having adventures of their own and had been through a lot. I know that there are story serials for characters in 2007, 2008, and 2009, and the Toa Metru and Toa Mahri got their own storylines, but have you ever thought that minor characters like these would deserve a spin-off if they would be fan favorite? I mean, look at Han Solo, Venom, Bumblebee, Shadow the Hedgehog, Wario, and Shrek’s Puss ‘N Boots. They got their spin-offs because they are relatable fan favorites. Some people are into these things, as it is a sort of thing nowadays. If certain Bionicle characters get their spin-offs, as in having their own main storylines with toys, that would be interesting. So, what Bionicle character do you want to have a spin-off? For me, well, it goes like this:

1. Malum - his adventures as a member of the Sand Tribe. He would be an anti-hero.

2. The Iron Tribe (Sahmad’s and Telluris’ Tribe)

3. The Piraka

4. The 2008 Makuta

5. The Order of Mata Nui

6. The Toa Mangai (Lhikan’s team)

7. The Glatorian (just more stuff)

8. The Chronicler’s Company

9. The Toa Cordak (Lesovikk’s team)

10. Ekimu

11. Takanuva

12. The Toa Mata (each member could have its own solo spin-off for half a year and make some new Toa friends to team up with)

So, here you go. It would be cool if we could learn about their lives and what they do when they are not involved with the main characters. Who do you have in mind?:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I am 100% behind a Chronicler's Company spinoff. Those guys are still some of my all-time favourite Bionicle characters, and after 2002 they really just kinda... all fell by the wayside apart from brief cameos here and there. Let the Chronicler's Company be relevant again 2k19!

Most of the minor matoran characters though, to be honest, would catch my attention. Spinoffs on the six Great Disk matoran; or the Voya Nui resistance; or the matoran of Mahri Nui... I think more because stories of the matoran characters can be big and adventurous, but they can also capture the 'day-to-day-life' aspect better than another big story following the Toa could; and in canon we only really ever got to see that in the MNOGs. On a similar note, I'd also be really, REALLY interested in a spinoff story that followed Gavla, the Av-Matoran who never felt she fit in and chose the life of a matoran of shadow. She'd been fascinating to me for a while now, and I'd be totally on board with a story that made her the central character.

Or... okay, anyone could probably see this coming a mile away. But anything focused on Toa Lhikan would also be one I couldn't say no to xD

Edited by Darth Jaller
  • Upvote 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

• 4 weeks later...

I am 100% behind a Chronicler's Company spinoff. Those guys are still some of my all-time favourite Bionicle characters, and after 2002 they really just kinda... all fell by the wayside apart from brief cameos here and there. Let the Chronicler's Company be relevant again 2k19!

Most of the minor matoran characters though, to be honest, would catch my attention. Spinoffs on the six Great Disk matoran; or the Voya Nui resistance; or the matoran of Mahri Nui... I think more because stories of the matoran characters can be big and adventurous, but they can also capture the 'day-to-day-life' aspect better than another big story following the Toa could; and in canon we only really ever got to see that in the MNOGs. On a similar note, I'd also be really, REALLY interested in a spinoff story that followed Gavla, the Av-Matoran who never felt she fit in and chose the life of a matoran of shadow. She'd been fascinating to me for a while now, and I'd be totally on board with a story that made her the central character.

Or... okay, anyone could probably see this coming a mile away. But anything focused on Toa Lhikan would also be one I couldn't say no to xD

Matoran who have major roles like these could make good spin-off stories. I would imagine that the sets would be cheap because they could be small. Lol.:P

As for Lhikan, well, I would say that he and his team could make a good spin-off story, and I wonder how Lhikan’s experience with the Red Star would be like, too.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I am so on board with a Chronicler's Company spin-off. Frankly, it's a shame the Bionicle comics were more than anything just promotional material rather than a consistent  story in itself. If it told the Bionicle story's in completeness then I think we could've gotten a lot more interesting stuff (than we already got; don't get me wrong there's some really raw stuff in those books). One of those is that I think it would've been really cool to continue to follow the story of Takua and the Chronicler's Company as a secondary group, reflective of the Toa Mata. We could watch both groups come into their own simultaneously, making a thematic parallel and an emphasis on the importance of coordinated effort and interest toward creating harmonious multiplicty. Then another layer could be added by creating some level of tension between the Turaga/matoran Koros and making the attempt to get along and unite properly a plot thread. Rule of threes baby.

But even if we just take a Chronicler's Company spin off I think that could be really neat. I think there could be a greater emphasis on the comedic elements in order to balance out the inherent irony that we're following a group of powerless matoran when the "real" heroes are going on all these insane journeys in the background. The writer's would have to spice up the characters a little bit, make them more complex, but that's natural. I think the main premises are already there for most of them. Maybe just rework Kopeke a little bit, or really play into their anti-social elements.

It really is a shame that in G1 the Chronicler's Company sort of just disbanded and never became important or present in the later years. On the one hand it makes sense given how much the story and its focus branched out and their inclusion would've been forced, but on the other I think if there is to be a G3 that one could do more with the concept.

For other possible spin-offs I'd really like to see an Axxon and Brutaka buddy cop special. It was bizarre that we never got to see them really make up in the story but I remember really loving their dynamic afterwards and seeing how their friendship simultaneously transcended and was augmented by Brutaka's betrayal. Emphasizing the buddy cop elements I think would allow one to really explore Brutaka's betrayal and motivations and create a deeper, more complex friendship between the two. There are a great many themes to explore, and it really would be fun to see those two romp around the Mata-Nui universe as Order agents, kicking @$$ and taking names.