Lego Star Wars Sets 2012

Jowm

Hey, This is the topic for the Lego Star WArs sets for 2012. Right now, I'm pretty excited for the Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack. The ARF trooper is pretty cool, a modified version of the origonal ARF trooper, but still cool, the Commando Droids are nice, it's about time they made some, the fact that they are not very accurate was disapointing, it would have been nice if they had built and colored them like the commando droids in Lego Star Wars 3 The CLone Wars. I think the best out of the minifigs is probably the ARC trooper, with all those cool accesories and colors, and the awesome new helmet, he turned out pretty great. The canon was a nice touch, they usually have some kind of accesory, and I think that the canon was a nice choice. The Genosian Battle Pack(I forgot what it's called :P) also turned out great, I'm glad we have that new undead Genosian minifig, and the regular Genosian fig is also cool. The canon turned out to be well designed. The jedi apprentice (I forgot her name) is cool, nothing really special in my opinion, they have so many Jedi now, but if you're really a fan of that character, then that would be one reason to pick the set up. The clone trooper was also cool, the nice color designs on the armor were cool. What do you guys think?

Edited by Jowm

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

I thought the sets that included the planets (I'm assuming that's what you were referring to by 'galaxy sets') were kinda, hmmm, how shall I put this, I wasn't very interested in them. It was cool that they released the planets, but they weren't to scale (that would just be ridiculously huge) and they just didn't peak my interest. I thought were were kinda cool, but I kinda doubt I'll pick one up.

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

I thought the sets that included the planets (I'm assuming that's what you were referring to by 'galaxy sets') were kinda, hmmm, how shall I put this, I wasn't very interested in them. It was cool that they released the planets, but they weren't to scale (that would just be ridiculously huge) and they just didn't peak my interest. I thought were were kinda cool, but I kinda doubt I'll pick one up.

Yeah, I agree. I love minis and can always appreciate a good SW fig, but these seemed to expensive, and the minis just don't catch my attention.The new Y-Wing is downright awful, and makes me so much happier about my owning the '07 version. The new cockpit design is more movie accurate, but the fuselage and engines are just poorly designed.As for he remaining three, they are simply amazing. Aside from the inevitable pricing issues, they are amazing sets. I really want the TIE and the X-Wing to go with my Y-Wing and Vader's TIE. Hopefully I can find a good deal to help take the edge off those questionable prices...10010101 BC 010010101 Edited by Binary Code

I haven't really gotten a good look at some of the newer sets, mostly just the mini plantets and the battle packs(the battle packs turned out great, I'm probably gonna buy the elite clone trooper & commando droid one, and the genosian one) but I guess I'll go and take a look at those now.OK, so I've taken a look at some of the newer sets now. I think the TIE fighter is really cool, probably the best TIE fighter variant that they have made so far. I see waht you mean, BC, about the X-Wing's engines and fuselage being messed up, they were built kinda wierd. The Anakin's Jedi Starfighter set was cool, the ship looked basically like a slightly improved version of the last Jedi starfighter we got, I didn't really understand the droids and Nute Gunray being there, but I'm assuming it has to do with an episode of the clone war that I havn't seen yet. the Gold leader's Y-wing starfighter set was cool, though I think I perfer some of the older models, as they look rougher. Liea appepared rather strange in that set, I didn't like how she looked, the older versions of her were better and more acurate. Some of the mini sets look cool, the STAP was nothing new, and the same for the Star Destroyer, but Anakin's podracer was interesting, it turned out well, and the tank was also pretty cool looking and well designed.

Edited by Jowm

I haven't really gotten a good look at some of the newer sets, mostly just the mini plantets and the battle packs(the battle packs turned out great, I'm probably gonna buy the elite clone trooper & commando droid one, and the genosian one) but I guess I'll go and take a look at those now. OK, so I've taken a look at some of the newer sets now. I think the TIE fighter is really cool, probably the best TIE fighter variant that they have made so far. I see waht you mean, BC, about the X-Wing's engines and fuselage being messed up, they were built kinda wierd. The Anakin's Jedi Starfighter set was cool, the ship looked basically like a slightly improved version of the last Jedi starfighter we got, I didn't really understand the droids and Nute Gunray being there, but I'm assuming it has to do with an episode of the clone war that I havn't seen yet. the Gold leader's Y-wing starfighter set was cool, though I think I perfer some of the older models, as they look rougher. Liea appepared rather strange in that set, I didn't like how she looked, the older versions of her were better and more acurate. Some of the mini sets look cool, the STAP was nothing new, and the same for the Star Destroyer, but Anakin's podracer was interesting, it turned out well, and the tank was also pretty cool looking and well designed.

Actually, the droid and Nute Gunray are included so you can recreate the scene where Anakin goes all crazy-evil and kills all the Separatist leaders in Episode III. It also includes these lava-droid-thingies and Obi-Wan so you can do the entire Mustafar duel.The catalog doesn't show them for some reason, which would definitely have left me confused about their inclusion.The minis, or polybags were rather underwhelming, which is strange, seeing as I normally love the polybag sets. The STAP is really the only one that interested me actually, it's a well built set that comes with a figure. Yeah, it's not really new, but the only version I have is from 1999 so it's definitely a step up. The Star Destroyer is nothing exciting, and I didn't really like the podracer or weird blue tank. It must be something from Clone Wars because I don't recognize it from the films... I'm really looking forward to the summer 2012 SW sets though...1001010 BC 010001001

Ah, I see, I didn't realize that, I can't say I recall the part where he goes crazy and kills sepratist leaders, maybe I should watch it again then :P. Anyway, I have a more recent STAP so it's not a big difference for me. I did like Anakin's podracer though, there were a couple things about it that I didn't like that much, but overall I liked it. The Tank thing, I'm not sure exactly what it is, even though I've seen all clone wars episodes from the first 3 seasons, but I like the way it's built.

Yeah, my main issue with the podracer is that the Technic pieces don't look right. The three-way pin piece juts out and the lift-arms (I think that's what they're called) don't look right with the holes and everything. Just read a review of the X-wing and Interceptor. Now I want them even more!1000001001 BC 0100101111

Edited by Binary Code

Yeah, same here, that was the only part I didn't like though, the three-way axle piece and the triple pin-hole things, the three-way axle thing wasn't a huge problem, but the fact that the ends of the axle parts stuck out was annoying.

That ARC Trooper/Droid Commando Battle Pack is definately my favourite. The ARC Trooper is amazing, and I like tyhe Commando Droids and ARF too. The Endor BP is cool, as is the Geonosian Cannon. Anakin's Interceptor is also good, a bit expensive, though. However, I don't think the Droid Escape set is great, and the Y-wing is bad, I'm glad I got Anakin's CW Y-wing instead of it. X-wing and TIE are OK.As for the planet sets, the Death Star one seems OK, the rest aren't that wonderful.Out of the polybags, I like the STAP and Super Tank.Also, Brickipedia lists two sets, R2-D2 and a B-wing to come out in March. After a lot of research, I have found nothing about them. Does anyone know any details about these?

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

I don't know anything about an R2-D2 set or B-wing, but I do agree that the Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid set is pretty awesome, possibly my fav of the new sets, the endor one was ok, the Genosian canon was definetly cool, and I did like the Droid escape one, they did a good job with the design of the escape pod, and the new sand troopers are aweseome. Yeah, the STAP didn't really stand out to me, probably mostly because I have- or had, before it got disassembled :P- a STAP just like it, but I did liek the super tank(oh yeah, that's what it was huh? a super tank :P). Anakin's interceptor was cool, and I did like the TIE fighter alot, it may be the best TIE fighter model they have made yet, it's accurate in size and design, it looks great, it's built nicely, and it has some cool minifigs(though the helmet on the guy wearing black who's not the pilot is kinda too big so it looks a tad wierd).

I am in it this year for the geonosions and separtist stuff. I also like the EP.3 starfighter.

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

http://www.bzpower.c...opic=123&st=120

My latest MOC! http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9379

Hey, This is the topic for the Lego Star WArs sets for 2012. Right now, I'm pretty excited for the Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack. The ARF trooper is pretty cool, a modified version of the origonal ARF trooper, but still cool, the Commando Droids are nice, it's about time they made some, the fact that they are not very accurate was disapointing, it would have been nice if they had built and colored them like the commando droids in Lego Star Wars 3 The CLone Wars. I think the best out of the minifigs is probably the ARC trooper, with all those cool accesories and colors, and the awesome new helmet, he turned out pretty great. The canon was a nice touch, they usually have some kind of accesory, and I think that the canon was a nice choice. The Genosian Battle Pack(I forgot what it's called :P) also turned out great, I'm glad we have that new undead Genosian minifig, and the regular Genosian fig is also cool. The canon turned out to be well designed. The jedi apprentice (I forgot her name) is cool, nothing really special in my opinion, they have so many Jedi now, but if you're really a fan of that character, then that would be one reason to pick the set up. The clone trooper was also cool, the nice color designs on the armor were cool. What do you guys think?

I love the ARC trooper, he's my fav. My favorite set this year is probably the TIE Fighter.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

I agree that the ARC and ARF Troopers are incredible figs, but I'm not sure if the two minifigures alone justify dropping $13 for this set. I have no love for the Commando Droids, and the cannon-walker thing is just silly. i already have a bunch of other sets I'm interested in, so I'm thinking I'll just have to skip this one for now.But, if by some act of God, I ever find that thing on sale, I"ll snatch it up in a heartbeat.1000010110 BC 01001001

That is a good point, however, I actually do like the droids, thought they were a tad disappointing, and I don't think the canon is bad, its pretty cool, so I'll probably pick one up.

It's true that it's a very inaccurate representation, but I think that, as it is, not compared to what it's supposed to represent, it's a cool little thing to have in there, and yeah, the minifigs are pretty awesome, glad Lego's made some of those cahracters.

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one who actually likes the Planet sets?I bought all three that are out so far and I really like them. They're nice little decorations for one's desk and stuff :P

Please search

AppleTStudios
=)

Also, if you have Xbox Live, I'll be playing Halo: Reach when it comes out so if you wanna play just send an invite to ATS Tony. I'm a fun person to play games with, especially if you like to just run around being random and funny =)

If you wish to contact me (the Goodbye topic is closed) then please do so through the information I have listed on my profile. Thank you =)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been gobbling up set after set recently. Let's see...X-wingClone/Droid battle packT6 Jedi ShuttleGeonosian CannonY-Wing (2012, got it on Amazon thinking it was the 2007 one. I got it for $30, so it wasn't that bad)Imperial V-WingSith NightspeederAnakin's Jedi InterceptorI think that's it. But that's over the past two months. I enjoy all the sets, all very cool. Not looking forward to much from this summer, though.