Skyrise: Ascent - OOC Topic

Nato G

Kathok Hann & Redshift are Approved.

Welcome aboard. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Character:

Name: Tyren

Species: Turaga

Powers: Magnetism

Gear: Noble Kanohi Mahiki (shaped like a blue great Miru); infected Kanohi locked in a box (unknown noble Kanohi for now); key to said box (always with him); Staff of Confusion: contact with a target causes mild confusion such as symptoms of vertigo, loss of sense of direction, temporary short-term memory loss, possible anger or frustration, or however any PC chooses to react to be "confused"

Personal Aircraft: Axalara salvaged from a nearby crash that killed its previous Agori owner; named Sull

Allegiance/Role: The Makuta, Vamprah specifically but all of them generally even though he knows the Order is gone (doesn't know the details though), neutral in all affairs due to his hermit status for the last thousand+ years

Appearance: Black and grey Turaga with a blue Great Miru and a simple staff

Personality: Having lived alone since making it to the surface of now-Barren Magna, Tyren doesn't speak too much.  It's not that he's shy or especially quiet, he just doesn't say more than he needs to, really.  He's very cautious and knows his own limitations.  His mind has been darkened from centuries of wearing an infected Kanohi, so in his heart he's on Makuta's side, though he's not automatically on every evil being's side.  In fact, he would openly work and live with "the good guys" and even perform acts of kindness.  In the mundane aspects of living, he's otherwise fairly normal. His dream is to use his secret infected Kanohi to revive his master Makuta Vamprah, so he keeps it safe, locked in a chest and retaining the key at all times.  At the time of his entrance into the story, he's simply curious about the world around him and any other survivors he might meet- he has no idea civilization even exists anymore.  He's open to reconnecting with the old Matoran Universe inhabitants and learning about the new world's people.

Bio: Tyren was once a Toa of Magnetism who was the sole protector of a small village of matoran, guided by a lone Turaga of Water.  During the Great Cataclysm, he had to sacrifice his Toa Power to save the village, which turned him into a Turaga.  The Turaga of Water, though, died during the event, leaving Tyren as the only non-Matoran of the village.  After some time, Matoran began disappearing from the village, until one night, when Tyren was confronted in his home by Makuta Vamprah himself.  Few words were exchanged, but by the time the sun came up, Vamprah was gone, Tyren's Kanohi was infected, and Tyren had pledged the village to serve Vamprah by growing crops for the Makuta, who would then use them to feed his various creepy-crawly experimental Rahi.  Vamprah would occasionally check in on the village to ensure its loyalty, and over the centuries, Tyren became fully devoted to serving the Makuta.  When Teridax took over the Matoran Universe, Tyren celebrated, though this was short lived, since the universe itself soon collapsed.  His entire village wa skilled, and it took Tyren a month in mostly darkness to make it out of the dead giant robot.  He found himself alone in a strange, desolate wasteland, and has traveled by himself ever since, just trying to stay alive.  He switched his infected Kanohi with the dead Turaga of Water's, and keeps his infected one locked safely away.

Aircraft:

Name: Sull, This was the name the ship identified itself as in the home console/interface when Tyren first pilots it

Model: Axalara

Weaponry and Customization: Two average Midak skyblaster-type forward blasters, which deal average damage at an average speed; one underside chamber capable of housing a single, large bomb; customized to have a second underside chamber containing a single set of cluster bombs; a second customization is an integrated kanohi system that utilizes a great Sanok to achieve a sort of assisted-autopilot vehicle drive where the ship is able to lock on to another Vehicle or target and pursue them regardless of the target's maneuvering.  This can allow the Sull to follow other ships unless the target is drastically faster than the Sull over a considerable period of time.  This affects only the steering of the Sull and does not apply to the weapons 

Appearance: Idk, just kind of generic I guess lol.  I'll try and come up with a decent sketch and then have someone make a more detailed drawing or whatever to then add to this post sometime.  For now, let's just say it's orange and black, with some cool stripes in there somewhere. Obviously a little rough since it crashed but it's still operable just fine.

Edited by Azibo

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

Alright, Tyren & Sull are Approved!

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It doesn't take too long to go back and read posts lol.  Start from like page 4 and go from there.  At least in Tesara, some Maxilos robots showed up and blew up the marketplace trying to kill a female Vortix named.. Silvana?  She suspects they weren't sent by this pirate dude named... Xaril? And a few people are coming together to form some expedition to where an X was marked on a spot in a map.

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

It's pretty much all outlined or linked in the first post of the topics. 

• 2 months later...

Name: Tamaya
Species: Le-Matoran
Powers: agility I guess?
Gear: she wears a powerless kanohi, wields duel daggers, wears a pair of goggles on her head with a flower to the side, wears a long red scarf around her neck, and sports a satchel.
Personal Aircraft: a jetpack.
Allegiance/Role: Tesara. Adventurer.
Appearance: basically looks like this: 

https://www.deviantart.com/toa-niretta/art/Tamaya-s-Slight-Update-798895297
Personality: she is a confident and tough gal with a longing to explore. Her fearless nature often gets her into trouble and she gets mad being told she's not able to do certain tasks because of her size.
Bio:  Tamaya dreamed of becoming a toa up until everything fell apart. She soon realized that had become an impossible dream and started up a life of adventuring, even with the dangers present in this new world she's determined to see all she can in order to find relics of the past and maybe even find a way to make things better.

Tamaya is Approved.

I'll be catching up on posts and getting back into the flow of things tomorrow. 

It's good to be back.

35 minutes ago, EmperorWhenua said:

Since the site is back I may as well play as my character finally right? :P 

Any helpful directions or hints I can use to that end?

It's hard to gauge activity at the moment, given that the site's only been back for a day or so, but there were active characters in every major location before the site switchover, so there's a good chance of finding interaction just about anywhere at the moment. I'll be trying to make sure there's some fresh plot-ish stuff happening in every location soon.

On a more general note, I believe I'm now all caught up on everyone who might've been waiting on posts from me. If there's anyone I've missed, or anyone just looking for something to do, let me know, and I'll get some kind of NPC post up to help move things along.

Welcome back to Skyrise, everybody. 

• Like 2

'sup y'all. How have you been? I'm okay. My girl's on a ship waiting to receive some orders.

I write because I saw some activity around the New Atero Parking District, and I just wanted to remind y'all Vrokdann left her ship (the Stolara) there, completely unsupervised. Any potential thieves are not to look for a lime green and silver Axalara, with noticeable wear and corrosive sphere launchers. Specially not any previous owners wishing to recover it. [wink]

Thank you for your attention.

I'm Vrokdann in Skyrise: Ascent, and Luntep in the BZPRPG.

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

@Smudge8 - Can I check just a moment, have I misinterpreted something? I took your Paju post from before the downtime to mean she had let Tarutu convince her that they should tag along on Tekmo's expedition, so that's what Tarutu has told him; but now that Paju's leaving for Atero, does that mean you didn't want her to be part of that?

Sorry for the confusion! I just want to check that I understand what you want there, so that I don't accidentally have Tarutu sign Paju up for something that you're not on board with! ^^;

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

it's been way too long and i literally have no idea what's going on anymore.  have the mysteries involving the diving bell and the arena been looked into yet?  and is the chase between kane-oma and hestala still going on?  i'd really appreciate a catch-up.

3 hours ago, Ironfist said:

it's been way too long and i literally have no idea what's going on anymore.  have the mysteries involving the diving bell and the arena been looked into yet?  and is the chase between kane-oma and hestala still going on?  i'd really appreciate a catch-up.

Arena's still fresh, no clue on the diving bell part. I'm currently coming up with an explorer character though, so you're more than welcome to partner up with me on the diving bell part if we get the chance.

Good to see you back Cap. I was hoping to get some Watson vibes with Kaenis.

Anyway, seeing as we have a bit of a brawl brewing in Capstone, I thought we might want someone to patch people up...

Name: Arkis
Species: Iron Glatorian
Powers: His hands are almost entirely mechanical and very precise in their movements. He also possesses a bionic eye with zooming feature.
Gear: Arkis has a dart gun he’s repurposed with anesthesia, and he’s willing to use it if things get rough. If he can get close enough, a quick, concentrated dose can slowly take patients or potential combatants away to dreamland, but in dart mode, it takes three shots to deliver a similar dose. These smaller doses tend to slow reaction time incrementally until unconsciousness. Of course, he also has the classic tools of his trade. Scalpels, tweezers, bandages, handsaw, welder, wrench, hammer...
Personal Aircraft: N/A
Allegiance/Role: Cliffside Surgeon
Personality: There are times the most disreputable citizens of Cliffside find themselves in harm’s way and are unable to show their faces to the doctors of Tesara or New Atero. That’s when they come to Arkis. He may not be the smartest or most effective surgeon, but at least he’ll keep his mouth shut for the right price.
That being said, Arkis isn’t a bad guy as far as Cliffside residents go. He’s talkative and enjoys a good conversation. Some like coming to him to try to coax the secrets of his patients out of him, or just the daily gossip. He is a bit self-conscious about his appearance and skills, but takes his job seriously and tries to do no more harm than necessary.
Appearance: Arkis is tall and lanky for a Glatorian, though his hunched posture doesn’t make his height evident. Even after the Iron Tribe was shunned, he kept his original coloration of sand blue and grey, with the occasional streak of red. Of course, much of this is covered by a light, ankle-length white coat. Arkis tries to keep it clean, but there are a few stains of blood and fluids that just don’t come out.
Bio: Arkis was born to a family of Iron Tribe Glatorian in hiding, with parents who had spent much of their life hunted by those who believed they carried the Dreaming Plague and in search of a solution. They didn’t want their son to be forced to endure that. Arkis embraced his heritage, coming of age to leave his home just before Mata Nui fell, taking the opportunity to salvage some augmentations from the fallen. As the world rearranged itself, he found acceptance in the only place he could, Cliffside, and put his parent’s medical knowledge to use. He even dared operate on some of the new creatures that had arrived with the giant robots from the sky, and gained a reputation for cheap, adequate, and most importantly, clandestine service.

Edited by Click
Fixing dart gun and prosthetics info

On 9/18/2019 at 5:17 AM, Darth Jaller said:

@Smudge8 - Can I check just a moment, have I misinterpreted something? I took your Paju post from before the downtime to mean she had let Tarutu convince her that they should tag along on Tekmo's expedition, so that's what Tarutu has told him; but now that Paju's leaving for Atero, does that mean you didn't want her to be part of that?

Sorry for the confusion! I just want to check that I understand what you want there, so that I don't accidentally have Tarutu sign Paju up for something that you're not on board with! ^^;

That's actually my bad, I'll edit it. The break was so long I forgot Paju agreed

On 9/18/2019 at 10:07 AM, Ironfist said:

Yes, the chase is still going on, as far as I can tell the last move either one made was Kane-Oma trying to ram the Vista Baby from underneeth.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

2 hours ago, Smudge8 said:

Yes, the chase is still going on, as far as I can tell the last move either one made was Kane-Oma trying to ram the Vista Baby from underneeth.

time for some thread digging.  thanks, amigo.

13 hours ago, Click said:

Anyway, seeing as we have a bit of a brawl brewing in Capstone, I thought we might want someone to patch people up...

Powers: His hands are almost entirely mechanical and very precise in their movements. He also possesses a bionic eye with zooming feature.
Gear: Arkis has a dart gun he’s repurposed with anesthesia, and he’s willing to use it if things get rough. Of course, he also has the classic tools of his trade. Scalpels, tweezers, bandages, handsaw, welder, wrench, hammer...
Personality: There are times the most disreputable citizens of Cliffside find themselves in harm’s way and are unable to show their faces to the doctors of Tesara or New Atero. That’s when they come to Arkis. He may not be the smartest or most effective surgeon, but at least he’ll keep his mouth shut for the right price.
That being said, Arkis isn’t a bad guy as far as Cliffside residents go. He’s talkative and enjoys a good conversation. Some like coming to him to try to coax the secrets of his patients out of him, or just the daily gossip. He is a bit self-conscious about his appearance and skills, but takes his job seriously and tries to do no more harm than necessary.
Appearance: Arkis is tall and lanky for a Glatorian, though his hunched posture doesn’t make his height evident. Even after the Iron Tribe was shunned, he kept his original coloration of sand blue and grey, with the occasional streak of red. Of course, much of this is covered by a light, ankle-length white coat. Arkis tries to keep it clean, but there are a few stains of blood and fluids that just don’t come out.
Bio: Arkis was born to a family of Iron Tribe Glatorian in hiding, with parents who had spent much of their life hunted by those who believed they carried the Dreaming Plague and in search of a solution. They didn’t want their son to be forced to endure that. Arkis embraced his heritage, coming of age to leave his home just before Mata Nui fell. As the world rearranged itself, he found acceptance in the only place he could, Cliffside, and put his parent’s medical knowledge to use. He even dared operate on some of the new creatures that had arrived with the giant robots from the sky, and gained a reputation for cheap, adequate, and most importantly, clandestine service.

There's a few things I wanted to clear up about this. 

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being 'just makes people feel a little woozy' and 10 being 'can drop a dude like a sack of potatoes', how powerful is the sedative in the dart gun? I'm a little reluctant to approve something that could one-shot other characters into submission.

This is less of a deal-breaker, but I was curious about Arkis' cyborg parts. I would've thought losing both hands and an eye would be a pretty major event in his life, but his bio doesn't say anything about it. As I said, it's not a deal-breaker, if you don't want to elaborate on it, it won't stop the profile from being approved.

Name: Juno (Originally called Exara)

Species: Takadox's Species 

Gender: Female (Though tends not to refer to herself as any gender, for the most part)
Powers: She possesses much the same abilities that Takadox does (hypnotism, though organic beings require more effort). However, it should be noted that her hypnotism is unhoned and therefore not quite as effective as some of the others in her race. She is otherwise unremarkable in her abilities except for her fantastic perception and agility.

Gear: Juno wears a Kanohi Volitak at all times that was customized to fit her race's facial structure, as well as being customised to give her telescopic lenses on both eyes, though they aren't quite as powerful as, say, Kopaka's, and bear more of a resemblance to goggles than a scope. The Volitak itself gives her stealth powers, camouflaging her as well as dampening her sound. She still casts a shadow, though. It bears a resemblance to Nuparu Mahri's own. When it comes to equipment, she carries a grappling hook device that was contructed both from her own design and from a Onu-Matoran friend of hers she often goes to for modifications for her ship and general advice. The grappling hook functions exactly as you'd think, but it also works as a weapon when needed. She can modify the front attachment quickly to fire metal bolts, similar to a crossbow. Whilst relatively powerful, these require individual loading, however. They also have a limited range, only being effective at about medium range or so. She tends to only use this when she has to. As for other weapons, she carries an extendable hatchet that works as a weapon as well as a utility (she's fond of these types of weapons). Aside from these, she carries other utilities such as maps, and other trinkets, as well as a large canteen of water to drink. She keeps most of this in a pack she carries on her back.

Personal Aircraft: The Intrepid

Allegiance/Role: Unaligned, but infrequently makes trips to New Atero for supplies. Explorer, but lives by selling scrap she finds.

Appearance: Has a bit more meat on her bones than Takadox, but still has a slight hunchback as with the rest of her species, as well as long, lithe limbs and a strange, alien face with wide, staring eyes. She usually keeps that covered with her navy blue mask, however, though her red eyes glow naturally through the mask. She almost always wears armour and clothing that covers most of her body in order to hide her naturally bright and pale, almost cyan, skin, because otherwise she'd stick out like a sore thumb in the desert. The armour and clothing itself is a dark navy blue, like her mask. Her grappling gun is usually kept on a holster on her thigh, and the hatchet folded into an outside compartment on her backpack.

Personality: Juno considers herself both an explorer and an archaeologist. She wants to find new things, but she is also interested in discovering some of the old relics in the desert, and even perhaps in the ocean, were she given the chance and gear. People, however, she's not too keen on, for the most part. The few friends she has share interest in the unknown and the wonders she can find in the desert. She dislikes combat if she can avoid it, perhaps one of the few traits she shares with most of her race. She drinks a lot of water to try to compensate for not living in her naturally damp homeland anymore. 

Bio: Originally known as Exara, even in the Matoran Universe, Juno had little interest in her own culture. Whilst Takadox was rallying up his armies, she was "borrowing" trading ships to explore the seas and try to find Artahka. She never found it, admittedly, but she still found plenty of other weird and wacky things on her adventures (Including at least one wild great temple squid). After the GSR's collapse, however, she soon found herself at an even greater freedom to explore. Gaining a reputation as an enthusiastic explorer and taking on the name of Juno, a name more suited for Bara Magna, she soon earned enough from scrap she scavenged to buy a ship, and has since been using that privilege as much as she could to explore and investigate strange things in the remains of Bara Magna. Her current interest, though, is the rumor of secrets in Agua Magna. 

Ship:

Name: Intrepid

Model: Rockoh

Weaponry: A small automatic force blaster that fires fragmentation blasts on front of ship in a fixed position used mostly to remove debris, but can easily be used for more combative needs, as well as a surprisingly high tech, long, harpoon launcher that can be aimed 360 degrees. This is incredibly powerful, and sends a heavy harpoon flying forward in a way as to damage vital engines or other important systems on the enemy ship. Juno only has 4 of these, though, so her aim has to be dead on for it to be effective.

Customisation: A Kanohi Arthron has been built in, so that the ship has sonar implementation, allowing Juno to pull up a screen that shows her exactly where living beings are with each individual pulse. As well as this, she also has an enhanced cargo hold, allowing her to haul large amounts of scrap around to sell. 

Appearance: The ship, in comparison to her, is a desert sand yellow, with navy stripes. It has a very utilitarian look, and doesn't look to be particularly threatening. 

6 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

There's a few things I wanted to clear up about this. 

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being 'just makes people feel a little woozy' and 10 being 'can drop a dude like a sack of potatoes', how powerful is the sedative in the dart gun? I'm a little reluctant to approve something that could one-shot other characters into submission.

This is less of a deal-breaker, but I was curious about Arkis' cyborg parts. I would've thought losing both hands and an eye would be a pretty major event in his life, but his bio doesn't say anything about it. As I said, it's not a deal-breaker, if you don't want to elaborate on it, it won't stop the profile from being approved.

Hmm... fair points. For the sedative, I think I'll give it two modes, one to pump a concentrated dose when the gun in brought in contact with someone (for surgeries and the occasional scuffle, if the shrimpy little Arkis can even get that close), and that'd probably be like a 9, while the other mode is ranged and requires... let's say three darts to have a similar effect. But said darts would probably be around a 5, enough to just kind of slow reaction speed.

As for the parts, I guess I had the idea that he or his parents had scavenged them for him, perhaps from the fallen in the aftermath of the GSR battle. I mean, these cybernetics weren't always prosthetics, it sounds like they were just as much augmentations, and that's more the spirit I had in mind for him.

I'll make the appropriate edits.

On 9/18/2019 at 6:21 PM, Ironfist said:

time for some thread digging.  thanks, amigo.

Hey, before I make my post, if Kane-Oma activated the grappling horns on front of his vehicle would they be able to grab and/or poke into the Vista Baby? (I just don't want to autohit.)

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

2 hours ago, Smudge8 said:

Hey, before I make my post, if Kane-Oma activated the grappling horns on front of his vehicle would they be able to grab and/or poke into the Vista Baby? (I just don't want to autohit.)

um, i guess?  it'd depend on whether or not kane-oma's ship remained in physical contact with the vista baby after he rammed it, seeing as i don't think they'd have much range on em.  also, let me know how that skyblaster barrage turns out.

On 9/19/2019 at 6:09 AM, Click said:

Gear: Arkis has a dart gun he’s repurposed with anesthesia, and he’s willing to use it if things get rough. If he can get close enough, a quick, concentrated dose can slowly take patients or potential combatants away to dreamland, but in dart mode, it takes three shots to deliver a similar dose. These smaller doses tend to slow reaction time incrementally until unconsciousness. Of course, he also has the classic tools of his trade. Scalpels, tweezers, bandages, handsaw, welder, wrench, hammer...
Bio: Arkis was born to a family of Iron Tribe Glatorian in hiding, with parents who had spent much of their life hunted by those who believed they carried the Dreaming Plague and in search of a solution. They didn’t want their son to be forced to endure that. Arkis embraced his heritage, coming of age to leave his home just before Mata Nui fell, taking the opportunity to salvage some augmentations from the fallen. As the world rearranged itself, he found acceptance in the only place he could, Cliffside, and put his parent’s medical knowledge to use. He even dared operate on some of the new creatures that had arrived with the giant robots from the sky, and gained a reputation for cheap, adequate, and most importantly, clandestine service.

Looks good. Arkis is approved

16 hours ago, Triple D said:

Name: Juno (Originally called Exara)

Species: Takadox's Species 

Gender: Female (Though tends not to refer to herself as any gender, for the most part)
Powers: She possesses much the same abilities that Takadox does (hypnotism, though organic beings require more effort). However, it should be noted that her hypnotism is unhoned and therefore not quite as effective as some of the others in her race. She is otherwise unremarkable in her abilities except for her fantastic perception and agility.

Gear: Juno wears a Kanohi Volitak at all times that was customized to fit her race's facial structure, as well as being customised to give her telescopic lenses on both eyes, though they aren't quite as powerful as, say, Kopaka's, and bear more of a resemblance to goggles than a scope. The Volitak itself gives her stealth powers, camouflaging her as well as dampening her sound. She still casts a shadow, though. It bears a resemblance to Nuparu Mahri's own. When it comes to equipment, she carries a grappling hook device that was contructed both from her own design and from a Onu-Matoran friend of hers she often goes to for modifications for her ship and general advice. The grappling hook functions exactly as you'd think, but it also works as a weapon when needed. She can modify the front attachment quickly to fire metal bolts, similar to a crossbow. Whilst relatively powerful, these require individual loading, however. They also have a limited range, only being effective at about medium range or so. She tends to only use this when she has to. As for other weapons, she carries an extendable hatchet that works as a weapon as well as a utility (she's fond of these types of weapons). Aside from these, she carries other utilities such as maps, and other trinkets, as well as a large canteen of water to drink. She keeps most of this in a pack she carries on her back.

Personal Aircraft: The Intrepid

Allegiance/Role: Unaligned, but infrequently makes trips to New Atero for supplies. Explorer, but lives by selling scrap she finds.

Appearance: Has a bit more meat on her bones than Takadox, but still has a slight hunchback as with the rest of her species, as well as long, lithe limbs and a strange, alien face with wide, staring eyes. She usually keeps that covered with her navy blue mask, however, though her red eyes glow naturally through the mask. She almost always wears armour and clothing that covers most of her body in order to hide her naturally bright and pale, almost cyan, skin, because otherwise she'd stick out like a sore thumb in the desert. The armour and clothing itself is a dark navy blue, like her mask. Her grappling gun is usually kept on a holster on her thigh, and the hatchet folded into an outside compartment on her backpack.

Personality: Juno considers herself both an explorer and an archaeologist. She wants to find new things, but she is also interested in discovering some of the old relics in the desert, and even perhaps in the ocean, were she given the chance and gear. People, however, she's not too keen on, for the most part. The few friends she has share interest in the unknown and the wonders she can find in the desert. She dislikes combat if she can avoid it, perhaps one of the few traits she shares with most of her race. She drinks a lot of water to try to compensate for not living in her naturally damp homeland anymore. 

Bio: Originally known as Exara, even in the Matoran Universe, Juno had little interest in her own culture. Whilst Takadox was rallying up his armies, she was "borrowing" trading ships to explore the seas and try to find Artahka. She never found it, admittedly, but she still found plenty of other weird and wacky things on her adventures (Including at least one wild great temple squid). After the GSR's collapse, however, she soon found herself at an even greater freedom to explore. Gaining a reputation as an enthusiastic explorer and taking on the name of Juno, a name more suited for Bara Magna, she soon earned enough from scrap she scavenged to buy a ship, and has since been using that privilege as much as she could to explore and investigate strange things in the remains of Bara Magna. Her current interest, though, is the rumor of secrets in Agua Magna. 

Ship:

Name: Intrepid

Model: Rockoh

Weaponry: A small automatic force blaster that fires fragmentation blasts on front of ship in a fixed position used mostly to remove debris, but can easily be used for more combative needs, as well as a surprisingly high tech, long, harpoon launcher that can be aimed 360 degrees. This is incredibly powerful, and sends a heavy harpoon flying forward in a way as to damage vital engines or other important systems on the enemy ship. Juno only has 4 of these, though, so her aim has to be dead on for it to be effective.

Customisation: A Kanohi Arthron has been built in, so that the ship has sonar implementation, allowing Juno to pull up a screen that shows her exactly where living beings are with each individual pulse. As well as this, she also has an enhanced cargo hold, allowing her to haul large amounts of scrap around to sell. 

Appearance: The ship, in comparison to her, is a desert sand yellow, with navy stripes. It has a very utilitarian look, and doesn't look to be particularly threatening. 

I'll be keeping an eye on that hypnosis, but Juno and the Intrepid are Approved

Character:

Name: Zadred
Species: Skakdi
Powers: Zadred possesses such powers as;

• Skakdi element: Plantlife
  • Vision power: Long Range Vision, allows her to see things clearly, as if they were right in front of her, culminating in her being able to view things on the horizon as if they were a hundred meters away.
  • Tertiary power: Technopathy, allows her to mentally interface with mechanical systems in close proximity to her and influence them. Her ability to influence machinery like this is strengthened the longer she remains in close enough proximity. Biomechanical systems such as those of MU residents are not affected by this power.

Gear: 

• A sturdy metallic staff she can channel her elemental powers through.
  • Rhotuka Launcher of Levitation, useful for clearing out rubble or throwing off enemy pursuit.
  • Botania: A flying drone equipped with a small claw arm that can extend up to twenty centimetres in front of it, as well as several compartments it can store small samples in. and has a pair of small energy needle guns, allowing the drone to lay down cover fire that, while not very damaging, is quite painful and distracting. The drone has a limited AI that allows it to carry out simple commands laid out by Zadred, such as "move here" or "pick that up" when out of range of her technopathy. When in range of her technopathy, she can directly control it to a much finer degree.

Personal Aircraft: Thornless Regal
Allegiance/Role: Tesaran assistant researcher for agricultural development

Appearance: Diminutive for her species, Zadred stands somewhere between a Matoran and a Skakdi in stature, and has a lithe, unbulky physique, unusually so for a Skakdi. Her spikes are small and inconspicuous to an unusual degree as well, giving her a far less intimidating stature than that of an average member of her species. She has turquose and dull blue coloured armour, with a blueish silver chest guard, underneath which flow a set of blue and violet robes. She has bright amber eyes that reveal a keen mind, and a curious spirit.

Personality: Though Zadred has never been fond of the violence her species was infamous for, she doesn't shy away from it when the cards are down. If possible, she would prefer to talk rather than fight, though she's always ready to throw down when she needs to. She is a curious soul, quite intelligent, though still inexperienced, and is fascinated by all things that grow. Having found a home in Tesara, she wants to do her best to help protect and sustain it, using her powers and her research to bolster the vital flora of the settlement. 

Bio: Back before the fall of Mata-Nui, when she first came to be on Zakaz, Zadred quickly found that her place on the island was not to thrive, but to be subjugated by those physically stronger and bigger than her. She learned that the brutish and cruel nature of Skakdi culture would never allow someone of her diminutive stature and pathetic strength, of her nonviolent mindset, to live in peace or thrive. The homeland of the Skakdi was a violent and toxic world, one where the only reality was either war or slavery, the latter of which Zadred was stuck with for many years before eventually casting off her shackles. Through strife, pain, spilled blood, and regret, she escaped from the warlord system of Zakaz and set sail for other shores, to find a new life.

But the grip her species had on her destiny wouldn't let go just yet, as the infamy of the Skakdi painted her interactions with other species, introducing her to prejudice and hostility for nothing else than what she was created as. She eventually found a remote village deep in the Southern Continent, where the matoran, ignorant of what a Skakdi was, welcomed her to stay. There, she found a peaceful and fulfilling existence, far from strife, discontent, and warfare... until one day, Makuta Teridax took over the universe and employed the Skakdi in his armies. In the end, she found herself forced to fight her own kind, and to this day remains wary of any other Skakdi she meets.

After the three spheres were reunited, and the societies of Bara Magna and the Matoran Universe came together, Zadred found herself drawn to the breathtaking plantlife of Tesara, where she eventually settled down. When she then watched as the planet turned into a wasteland around Tesara, she resolved to never allow such a fate to befall her new home.

Aircraft:

Name: Thornless Regal
Model: Rockoh
Weaponry: 

• A rhotuka launcher of slowing.

Customisation: 

• Integrated Kanohi Kualsi, allows the Thornless Regal to teleport straight forward a few miles, after which it takes a couple hours to recharge.
  • Drone Interface allowing Zadred's drone to pilot the ship.
  • Storage compartments for transportation of larger samples.

Appearance: Dark green plating with light green leaf pattern decals decorating the front of it, fading as they weaves their way toward the back of the ship's hull.

19 hours ago, Onaku said:

Tertiary power: Technopathy, allows her to mentally interface with mechanical systems in close proximity to her and influence them. Her ability to influence machinery like this is strengthened the longer she remains in close enough proximity. Biomechanical systems such as those of MU residents are not affected by this power.

Considering that this game is built on tech, I'm extremely wary of a power that would let someone hijack other player's weapons, prosthetics, and aircraft.

Especially in conjunction with this:

Drone Interface allowing Zadred's drone to pilot the ship.

The drone was described as having a 'limited AI', and being capable of 'simple commands'... so controlling an aircraft should be well beyond its capabilities. 

So that's a no on the technopathy and the drone interface. 

Rhotuka Launcher of Levitation, useful for clearing out rubble or throwing off enemy pursuit.

I have a few issues with this. For one, Zadred already has a lot of powers and gear. For another, this isn't how Rhotuka work. The launchers themselves don't have preset powers. The powers they channel come from the beings that wield them, and are "derived from that character's morals, ethics and affinities". Levitation doesn't really seem to fit with the way Zadred is being described here. 

A lot of characters in canon with Rhotuka channeled some kind of derivative of their natural elemental power, and considering skakdi can't even use their powers on their own, it'd make sense that Rhotuka would fall under the category of weapons that let them channel their elemental abilities. I'd be willing to accept a Rhotuka that did that, but not one that grants her a fourth power on top of everything else she already has in her arsenal. 

It occurred to me not so long ago that both of my characters so far are kinda cynical, hardened types... and where's the fun in that? xD So, I designed my newest girl who bucks that trend ^^

Name: Littiuu
Species: Ta-Matoran
Powers: Minor elemental affinity for, and resistance to, fire; but no powers to speak of.
Gear: Powerless noble kanohi Rau; and a staff that can shoot low-powered energy projectiles short distances. These projectiles have enough punch to knock a large opponent back a little way, or to knock out a small enough opponent, but little more than that... though the staff has enough mass to serve as a decent club in a pinch, too.
Personal Aircraft: Jetpack
Allegiance/Role: Tesara. Freelance personal-guard-for-hire. Given her small stature, however, she is rarely taken seriously in this capacity; she has, therefore, become a bit of an odd-job-woman, tackling any paying task with her customary eagerness.
Appearance: Small, even by matoran terms, Littiuu would cut a wholly unimpressive figure were she not armed with her trusty staff. Her armour is mostly orange coloured, save for her hands and feet which are black, and she wears a powerless mask in the shape of a noble Rau (also orange).
Personality: Bouncy, upbeat, cheerful as anything... Littiuu tackles everything with a smile, and will drive you mad with her incessant cheeriness. Nothing seems to get her down; not the wasteland, not vicious mercenary attacks, not finding a hostile makika toad in her bathtub. She isn't entirely naive, but her willingness to give anybody a chance can make her seem that way.
Bio: A matoran from a small island way down South of the MU, Littiuu had always been just a little out of the loop when it came to the wider events in the universe. News rarely reached their island, and even in the case of such world-shaking events as the Great Cataclysm, the full story was learned of only distantly, from the rare traders who stopped by. The village was only a tiny community, ten matoran and one Turaga, who had stuck together through thick and thin; but when the word of Mata Nui's slumber eventually reached them, most of their number simply gave up hope.
Not her. Where she had once forcibly repressed her sunny nature in order to be a serious guard of the village, whose duty was her life, Littiuu now took it upon herself to be the encouragement that her fellow villagers needed. At first, the upbeat attitude she strove for didn't come back to her easily; but as time went on, she began more and more to adapt to letting the positive outlook shine through. Always smiling, always happy, always willing to lift the spirits of her fellow tribesmen and women... she embraced the good left in the world even when the others had given up on it.
It didn't do Littiuu many favours amongst her fellows, who quickly tired of her newfound cheeriness; but she wasn't deterred. She was tolerated, at least; and if she could get even one or two of her fellow villagers to smile with her, then she was satisfied with that.
And then, after a thousand years of no further news, everything happened at once. The death, and then revival, of Mata Nui, felt by everyone on the island. Rahkshi, Skakdi and Visorak began running seemingly amuck across their island and their neighbours. The beginnings of the collapse of the universe and everything within it, and the hasty evacuation to the outside world...
And, for the first time, Littiuu found herself right at the heart of the action. She quickly threw her lot in with those working to establish a matoran community around the Agori village of Tesara; and in time, she grew attached to the village, choosing there to make her permanent home.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Looks good. Littiuu is Approved!