Bingzak, Toa of Time (v2)

I recently decided to give my old "G2 Toa of Time" MOC a bit of a makeover - thought I'd post a new topic for the result.

This was my entry for the MOC category in BZPower's The Legend Continues contest from a couple years ago, titled "Bingzak, Toa of Time" (it managed to secure third place in the first round - one place to low to advance, but still, it's something :P ). I was going for what a G2 Toa of Time would look like, with the idea being that Bingzak would, similarly to Takua in G1, acquire a legendary mask and be transformed into a 7th Toa.

The top half of the Mask of Time is from Shapeways. I usually avoid using 3D-printed pieces, but this was sort of a special case - since the theme of the contest was "stuff you wanted to see happen if G2 continued," I really wanted to do something with the Mask of Time halves.

40552544873_94bb5d8edd_b.jpg

Gallery

You can see the original version of this MOC (as entered in the contest) here. I'm pretty pleased with how the updates came out (particularly in regards to his "shield"), but any feedback is welcome!

• Upvote 3

sigbanner.gif

I love the watch and I love the colors.

Plus great use of brick separators and thornax launchers on his back.

I'm not thrilled with the Inika feet as armor. They sort of stick out, whereas the rest of the armor (especially the legs) is tight and fitting.

I see where you're coming from regarding the Inika feet. I was trying to make the entire area of his shoulders and upper back reminiscent of the shape of the mask, with a lot of angled spikes. I like how it looks at the shoulders, but I do think it could be cleaner toward the elbows. I'll see if I can think of something that captures the look I'm going for at the shoulders, but allows for tightening of the armor moving down the arm.

Thanks for your kind words and your feedback!

sigbanner.gif

• 1 month later...

I love this so much.  The watch is a beautiful touch. This is also I think the first Bingzak moc I've seen.

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp