Got a new post by Faber. I think we're getting deeper into this, now; the little dude totally looks like the GSR, so we may see an art direction totally divorced from anything that looks like Lego.

Looks more like a Toa in my opinion, that ice formation must be massive if that's the GSR.

I wasn't trying to insinuate that it was the GSR, merely that it resembled it. The Toa Mata and GSR have similar designs, in hindsight.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

I have been thinking: Faber seems to be focusing on an icy environment with the canister, Toa-Mata-like guy, and those Factory arms in one picture. I have a feeling that if Bionicle were to happen, it could start with Kopaka traveling around Ko-Wahi or some other icy place after arriving to it with a canister. It’s kind of like the very first Bionicle 2001-2010 Comic in 2001 where Kopaka arrived in Ko-Wahi where he met Matoro and Nuju.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I have been thinking: Faber seems to be focusing on an icy environment with the canister, Toa-Mata-like guy, and those Factory arms in one picture. I have a feeling that if Bionicle were to happen, it could start with Kopaka traveling around Ko-Wahi or some other icy place after arriving to it with a canister. It’s kind of like the very first Bionicle 2001-2010 Comic in 2001 where Kopaka arrived in Ko-Wahi where he met Matoro and Nuju.

That would make sense, especially if he wants to get us all nostalgic. Maybe starting out like G1 will tie into his "let go of the past" shtick somehow.

That would make sense, especially if he wants to get us all nostalgic. Maybe starting out like G1 will tie into his "let go of the past" shtick somehow.

It looks to me like a cross between the Okoto Ice Region and Karda Nui.

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

I heard an interesting theory that this is set in the chasm left behind when Mata Nui was awakened.

Regardless, the art looks super cool, and I'm excited to see where it leads (if anywhere)!

Chasm? Where’s that?

The giant hole left in Aqua Magna when Mata Nui stood up.

:smilematoro:

I heard an interesting theory that this is set in the chasm left behind when Mata Nui was awakened.

Regardless, the art looks super cool, and I'm excited to see where it leads (if anywhere)!

Chasm? Where’s that?

Impossible theory. Aqua Magna and Bota Magna no longer exist as of Mata Nui's reformation of Spherus Magna, post-Teridax. While it sounds amazing, this "Chasm" would only have existed until said reformation fused the two moons back with Bara Magna, thus erasing anything left behind on Aqua Magna.

Chasm? Where’s that?

Impossible theory. Aqua Magna and Bota Magna no longer exist as of Mata Nui's reformation of Spherus Magna, post-Teridax. While it sounds amazing, this "Chasm" would only have existed until said reformation fused the two moons back with Bara Magna, thus erasing anything left behind on Aqua Magna.

Technically, didn’t only half of Aqua Magna get smashed into Bara Magna?

~Daler

Based on what Faber's said about "moving forward" and the sheer absurdity of continuing from G1, that's absolutely impossible. This is almost certainly divorced from G1 in its details.

• Like 1

Chasm? Where’s that?

Technically, didn’t only half of Aqua Magna get smashed into Bara Magna?

Aqua Magna and Bota Magna were formed from all the water and plantlife of Spherus Magna, leaving only Bara Magna behind. When Mata Nui reformed Spherus Magna, what was once part of the whole, returned to where it came from. Meaning... the moons no longer exist.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Sir Kohran said:

I thought the Bionicle story was meant to always be separate from the real world?

According to Greg, the original bible said Mata Nui was "in a place that might be earth," so there is some precedent if this teaser were meant to be taken literally.

I'm not convinced though Antarctica here is meant to be more than symbolic, if only because itd feel somewhat redundant for Faber to be trying to get two "near future on Earth" environmentalist narratives off the ground at once. but on the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me too much if that were the case. I guess we'll see, hopefully.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

16 hours ago, Iron_Man5 said:

It's been awhile since I looked at a world map, but that's Antarctica right?

Nope, I checked it the bit at the top of Antarctica is far more straight and is not a series of small Island like Archipelagos, this has a vauge outline similar to but not anywhere exact to be a Earth landmass. Funny enough the curly bit at the top reminds me of the cowlick on the obscure video game character Plok, to me though it looks like part of the southern island chains in Mata Nui.

I always liked to say Bionicle was far far away from Earth, I.E. Sphereus Magna and its solar system is in a galaxy much like ours and Mata Nui may have passed Earth in the long distant past but even if he could land on it we'd be no wiser as Kini-Nui would disguise him.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

13 hours ago, Toa Komali said:

Nope, I checked it the bit at the top of Antarctica is far more straight and is not a series of small Island like Archipelagos, this has a vauge outline similar to but not anywhere exact to be a Earth landmass. Funny enough the curly bit at the top reminds me of the cowlick on the obscure video game character Plok, to me though it looks like part of the southern island chains in Mata Nui.

To be fair, Antarctica is changing shape rather rapidly...

3 hours ago, Mukaukau Nuva said:

To be fair, Antarctica is changing shape rather rapidly...

To be fair not as fast as this, this kind of movement would need more than Ice shifts that is also continental shifts here. I just find it more coincidental is all, especially since some parts of Lego Geography have looked much closer to real world stuff  250?cb=20101122022514 like this.

:bigsmile:

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

17 hours ago, Toa Komali said:

To be fair not as fast as this, this kind of movement would need more than Ice shifts that is also continental shifts here. I just find it more coincidental is all, especially since some parts of Lego Geography have looked much closer to real world stuff 

I've figured it out. It's Antarctica without the Ice Shelves. You can see the general shape of it here: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/77/Antarctica_Station_Map.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mukaukau Nuva said:

I've figured it out. It's Antarctica without the Ice Shelves. You can see the general shape of it here: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/77/Antarctica_Station_Map.png

Very close indeed, shut me up on that subject. Still I hope this has more in common with the first series and less Earth. Bionicle may be Biological Chronicle but well it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth if it is Earthly, in setting.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

On 9/28/2019 at 12:55 AM, Toa Komali said:

I always liked to say Bionicle was far far away from Earth, I.E. Sphereus Magna and its solar system is in a galaxy much like ours and Mata Nui may have passed Earth in the long distant past but even if he could land on it we'd be no wiser as Kini-Nui would disguise him.

Art_Mata_Nui_Space_Travel.jpg

Mata Nui may have seen Earth (top right side), perhaps during the Earth's Stone Age. Think how Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen started in the prologue.

Edited by Lenny7092

40 minutes ago, Lenny7092 said:

Art_Mata_Nui_Space_Travel.jpg

Mata Nui may have seen Earth (top right side), perhaps during the Earth's Stone Age. Think how Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen started in the prologue.

RoTF and the first movie oddly have a funny little Time related thing, according to the first movie the Allspark landed on Earth roughly 20,000 B.C.. RoTF the father of the Decepticons is on Earth in 17,000 B.C, roughly 3000 years after the great realic he served landed on Earth since B.C. counted backward to 1 and then 1 A.D counts up.

Relativity is weird, but I am all for Mata Nui having viewed us all the way back then 100,000 years is inconceivable to a point in Human minds. But for Earth to hold any remnants of his visit in the 21st and beyond century would only make sense if a Olmak is involved, Red Star's Purpose was conservation of resources and flight take off. Why would anything be left behind when that is the case?

Also speaking of Cybertron, who here besides me think Lego should make Bionicle their Equivalent to Transformers? By which I mean each Generation is its own universe but they are all connected somehow, a Bionicle Gen can be like a Transformers Gen, the story is soft rebooted to allow new fans to enjoy it but the old fans and stories can be continued in comics and convention stuff.

If any Lego creation has the power to be Legos' Juggernaut on par with a 30 year old franchise it's Bionicle. New legends are awake, but old memories must be told. For that is the way of the Bionicle.

Edited by Toa Komali
Added to post

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

the story is soft rebooted to allow new fans to enjoy it but the old fans and stories can be continued in comics and convention stuff.

Of course fans can continue the stories on their own if they like, but once Lego aren't making a line the official story usually stops there.

Greg did continue the Bionicle story in the serials but that was only for a while.

43 minutes ago, Sir Kohran said:

Of course fans can continue the stories on their own if they like, but once Lego aren't making a line the official story usually stops there.

Greg did continue the Bionicle story in the serials but that was only for a while.

Doesn't stop Hasbro, that is my point. Think has any Transformers series truly been left to rot, no they acknowledge them and even work the old stories to cross over with the new. Cybertron always continues not just with fans but with the creators and writers, Mata Nui=Optimus, Makuta=Megatron just because G1 ended 30 plus years ago doesn't keep it from the lime light we see those heros in new works as they were and as they are. Why can't Lego do what another franchise has done, keeping sections of the Multiverse expanding even if they aren't the forefront current line? Imagine it Bionicle G1 being relevant as Transformers G1, that is what I mean?

Think of it like this, G1 ended in the 80s, but come 1997 that very universe, very time line, was revisited with what came after the Autobots and Decepticons. Maximals and Predicons, so far as to the point that they visit the very HQ of G1 to protect it from being erased. Let's one day see the conflict we didn't see inside Mata Nui while the Toa floated on the ocean new heros working behind the scenes and maybe just maybe sets released for Con goers. Epic doesn't begin to describe the possibility that could bring, Bionicle is just as amazing as Transformers if not more.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

I doubt Faber would be mad enough to set 3IONICLE on Earth or tie into it somehow. He knows Bonk well enough to know that it should stay right the away from any part of the universe we'd recognize.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toa Komali said:

Doesn't stop Hasbro, that is my point. Think has any Transformers series truly been left to rot, no they acknowledge them and even work the old stories to cross over with the new. Cybertron always continues not just with fans but with the creators and writers, Mata Nui=Optimus, Makuta=Megatron just because G1 ended 30 plus years ago doesn't keep it from the lime light we see those heros in new works as they were and as they are. Why can't Lego do what another franchise has done, keeping sections of the Multiverse expanding even if they aren't the forefront current line? Imagine it Bionicle G1 being relevant as Transformers G1, that is what I mean?

Think of it like this, G1 ended in the 80s, but come 1997 that very universe, very time line, was revisited with what came after the Autobots and Decepticons. Maximals and Predicons, so far as to the point that they visit the very HQ of G1 to protect it from being erased. Let's one day see the conflict we didn't see inside Mata Nui while the Toa floated on the ocean new heros working behind the scenes and maybe just maybe sets released for Con goers. Epic doesn't begin to describe the possibility that could bring, Bionicle is just as amazing as Transformers if not more.

not to get off topic here but, the Unicron Trilogy, RID 2001, and Animated say hi. those series have indeed been left to rot by Hasbro. especially in the last few years since everything is taking inspiration or just being a new version of G1 and not really doing anything new. especially with the Bayverse dying. I agree though Bionicle is just as great as Transformers and this comes from a fan of both who was introduced to both at the same time. as for whether this new thing is set on Earth or not I don't think it is but rather a similar planet. 

8 minutes ago, Gzstg said:

not to get off topic here but, the Unicron Trilogy, RID 2001, and Animated say hi. those series have indeed been left to rot by Hasbro. especially in the last few years since everything is taking inspiration or just being a new version of G1 and not really doing anything new. especially with the Bayverse dying. I agree though Bionicle is just as great as Transformers and this comes from a fan of both who was introduced to both at the same time. as for whether this new thing is set on Earth or not I don't think it is but rather a similar planet. 

Didn't you know, they let the Animated alumnus finish off the story last Botcon. Unicron, RID 2001, both have connection to current series or rather would if the concept of "The Shroud" hadn't happened. 

Indeed they do do focus alot on G1/bayverse (Which coincidentally isn't even Bay anymore) but there are a few threads to others you got to look for (Trust me I've spent like the last four years researching Transformers as if I was writing a thesis in university on it. They are there if you know what to look for.) I will agree though we need to get back on topic and I two love both franchises alot. I got both Transformers and Bohrok for Christmas many years apart but they both are deep in my very core of fiction and geekdom.

I just hope we know Faber enough to trust him not to put us on Earth, it is the whole reason it took 3 years to see a movie afterall because "Bionicle didn't work with humans, especially young humans among Toa, Turaga and Matoran" and funny enough the movie we got had some alumnus from Beast Wars in it (Tahu and Dinobot have the same VA and it is awesome!) that is the last on Cybertron you'll hear from me in this thread. But a dream to have a multiversal Bionicle is something Lego can do just as well as any competitor maybe even give a friendly rivalry rise.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/19 at 6:04 PM, Taria Pakari said:

Taria, why you do this to me Taria? You wound me, shattered a dream! Dashed it on the rocks like a cheap ceramic bowl, I trusted you Taria! You were the chosen one, you were meant to wear the Inika not loose it!

Ok I really hope you can take a joke here Taria because that was meant to be read in the voice of the Godfather, not a legit tormented cry at you for pointing it out. I mean no harm just wanted to try to get a chuckle out of my fellows. 

In a way I am both glad and sad, glad we don't need to keep speculating on sill for fun stuff from Chris, as well as not having to learn a third mythos while I write and create a story set in what I call "The Legacy" universe of G1 Basically it is a alternate universe where Teridax slipped up his timing at the Core Processor and Mata Nui awoke after the Inika jump started Karda Nui. Mata Nui carried out his mission and made a attempt to protect all worlds from plans like Teridax's, he turned the GSR into a moon of the newly reborn Sphereus Magna. 

Now like I said I also am sad, I truly believe Lego could pull a Hasbro and have Bionicle become like Transformers a multigenerational series where the old stories can continue for the older fans and the new toy lines have their own story. We gave Bionicle 2015 the nickname G2 I would love for there to be a bionicle generations one day. But I can't tell lego what to do, at least alone I can't but I'm not pushing them on this just yet.

May Bionicle return one day and may it be as awesome as we know it can be.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

7 hours ago, Toa Komali said:

Taria, why you do this to me Taria? You wound me, shattered a dream! Dashed it on the rocks like a cheap ceramic bowl, I trusted you Taria! You were the chosen one, you were meant to wear the Inika not loose it!

Ok I really hope you can take a joke here Taria because that was meant to be read in the voice of the Godfather, not a legit tormented cry at you for pointing it out. I mean no harm just wanted to try to get a chuckle out of my fellows. 

In a way I am both glad and sad, glad we don't need to keep speculating on sill for fun stuff from Chris, as well as not having to learn a third mythos while I write and create a story set in what I call "The Legacy" universe of G1 Basically it is a alternate universe where Teridax slipped up his timing at the Core Processor and Mata Nui awoke after the Inika jump started Karda Nui. Mata Nui carried out his mission and made a attempt to protect all worlds from plans like Teridax's, he turned the GSR into a moon of the newly reborn Sphereus Magna. 

Now like I said I also am sad, I truly believe Lego could pull a Hasbro and have Bionicle become like Transformers a multigenerational series where the old stories can continue for the older fans and the new toy lines have their own story. We gave Bionicle 2015 the nickname G2 I would love for there to be a bionicle generations one day. But I can't tell lego what to do, at least alone I can't but I'm not pushing them on this just yet.

May Bionicle return one day and may it be as awesome as we know it can be.

If that’s true, then I don’t get why Chris would put “BION” on his posts, and the ‘B’ looks like a ‘3’. I mean, is he trying to joke here? Plus, there’s the hashtag “#b142020”. He has been posting Rebel Nature stuff lately, though. That doesn’t make sense. He should know that we need Bionicle in our lives. Seriously. We are in Great Depression without Bionicle here.:( 

Well, we have at least two Lego Ideas projects related to Bionicle getting a lot of supporters, so let’s hope they can become actual sets and possibly influence Lego to bring back Bionicle again.

2 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

If that’s true, then I don’t get why Chris would put “BION” on his posts, and the ‘B’ looks like a ‘3’. I mean, is he trying to joke here? Plus, there’s the hashtag “#b142020”. He has been posting Rebel Nature stuff lately, though. That doesn’t make sense. He should know that we need Bionicle in our lives. Seriously. We are in Great Depression without Bionicle here.:( 

Well, we have at least two Lego Ideas projects related to Bionicle getting a lot of supporters, so let’s hope they can become actual sets and possibly influence Lego to bring back Bionicle again.

Rebel Nature has been on his plate for a long time. Besides, there's always Bzpower.

:smilematoro:

2 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Faber said it's not an official Lego project, not that it has no connection to Bionicle. It'd be weird to tease us with something clearly evoking Bionicle without doing anything connected to Bionicle. Right now, we have no clue WHAT he's doing.

4 hours ago, Sir Keksalot said:

Faber said it's not an official Lego project, not that it has no connection to Bionicle. It'd be weird to tease us with something clearly evoking Bionicle without doing anything connected to Bionicle. Right now, we have no clue WHAT he's doing.

If Lego still own Bionicle, wouldn't it have to be official with Lego to be anything to do with Bionicle?

Unless it's just his own art and nothing on a major commercial scale.

If that’s true, then I don’t get why Chris would put “BION” on his posts, and the ‘B’ looks like a ‘3’.

Could that just be a coincidence?

8 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

I don’t get why Chris would put “BION” on his posts

I don't think it's a coincidence, but it could be a marketing tactic; suck in the Bionicle diehards with a promise of that brand's renewal, then reveal it to be a new project. While some people might be angry and storm off, others will have been captured by it regardless.

In any case, Faber's preliminary work on the project would have reached more people under the pretext of "Not!Bionicle" than it would otherwise.

• Upvote 1