Does anyone else get this feeling?

msw41

I have this thing where I can’t keep bionicle figures in any build other than exactly what they are originally meant to be.

For example, I know that for poseability and better aesthetics, Lewa and Kopaka Mata look better with their shoulders out like Tahu. Or that Onua Nuva’s chainsaws seem to look better on one of the two side parts of the hand rather than the middle bottom part as the instructions say.

And even though I can put the shoulders out like Tahu’s or put Onua Nuva’s weapons on the side parts and admire how much better I think it looks, I simply cannot bring myself to keep it or display it like that - it has to be like the original instructions.

It’s almost a feeling of betrayal if I do it differently, I’m interested if anyone else gets this, and why you think this happens?

I sometimes have this problem myself, but it doesn't happen as often. I don't like using parts from one set to alter another, but I can stand it if one set is just being rearranged. As for why it happens, you may have an OCD situation (obsessive-compulsive disorder) with set arrangement.

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

I sometimes have this problem myself, but it doesn't happen as often. I don't like using parts from one set to alter another, but I can stand it if one set is just being rearranged. As for why it happens, you may have an OCD situation (obsessive-compulsive disorder) with set arrangement.

Hmm... could be, I do have mild OCD for other stuff. But also it’s like... a nostalgic connection to these characters and while side-shouldered Kopaka looks better it’s just “not Kopaka” if you know what I mean?

Time for therapy I guess! Haha

I currently don't have an sets on display due to a lack of space, but when I build a set I too feel compelled to keep it 100% instruction-accurate. I never mod them or such, they always have to completely adhere to the official specifications. 

:kakama: 

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki: