Six New Harry Potter Sets Coming This Summer

75945_Expecto_Patronum_Announce_teaser.j

Last year LEGO relaunched the oft-requested Harry Potter theme with a selection of sets from throughout the franchise - but since then it's been a bit quiet. That changes today with the announcement of six new Harry Potter sets, five of which will be released on August 1st! The sixth, an Advent Calendar, will be available at the beginning of September. For images and information straight from LEGO, read on!

View the full article

Oh look, the only other vehicle from the HP universe (besides the Hogwart's Express) got a remake! How unpredictable!

The Stag is cool, the Hut is a nice redesign, and the Clock Tower is tempting. Macnair the Executioner looks unusually cheery tho; I guess when you love your job...

:music:

Edited by xccj

The minifigures look quite good, and the Advent Calendar is a great idea for Harry Potter, but I'm really not loving the broom design in the Hungarian Horntail set (is it a new one?), and the Knight Bus is bafflingly boxy and plain -- maybe the only set where I actively prefer the original to the redesign. The new wands are still not my favorite either, but that's been set in stone for a while now.

~ :b: :i: :m_o: :m: :a: :n: :c: :e: :r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."