Characters worthy of Mjolnir?

Before I even begin, since this is a Marvel-related thread, I wanna ask that no one spoils Endgame. I personally have seen it, but I know that others here have not, so please be considerate! 

Anyways, I'm sure all of us here are fairly familiar with Thor's hammer Mjolnir, and the ever-famous "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." enchantment that Odin put upon it. This enchant was mainly for the purpose of keeping beings such as Loki from wreaking havoc with it, and making sure Thor lived up to who he was supposed to be, but Thor and Odin are not the only beings to ever wield Mjolnir. In fact, for those who don't know, Mjolnir has even been wielded by beings outside of Marvel comics. I won't go into a list, but a few of the individuals who have wielded the hammer in comics are Spider-Man, Black Widow, Magneto, Professor X, Wonder Woman, and Superman. In the case of Superman, he was only able to wield it temporarily in a desperate hour, when he tried it to pick it back up later, he couldn't. So this begs the question...which Bionicle characters would be worthy of Mjolnir? And which characters would the hammer allow to wield its power temporarily in a desperate hour? For me, the two most obvious characters that could be worth of holding the hammer are Takanuva and Matoro. Mata Nui after his time on Bara Magna could probably wield it. Not 100% sure on Tahu, but I think he could, at least temporarily if nothing else. Just a fun little discussion me and a friend had recently, figured I'd bring it here and see what everyone else has to offer. 

Edited by Blastcage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’d say the Toa Mata (mostly Tahu, Pohatu, and Onua), Takanuva, Jaller, Matoro, Mata Nui (after his time in Bara Magna), Gresh, and probably Ekimu. That’s a good topic. I like it. :)

Ah, good point...Jaller did sacrifice his life to ensure prophecy/destiny fulfillment, and Ekimu risked it all to keep power out of the wrong hands. Not sure on Gresh though, he may be more of a Superman case...able to wield it during a desperate hour, but then unable to lift it again after. 

IN ENDGAME THANOS KILLS DUMBLEDORE AFTER TELLING LUKE HE'S HIS FATHER

Ok, with that out of the way, wielding Mjolnir is apparently about having the right kind of power or fitting the enchantment. "Worthiness" is kind of subjective and hard to determine, so what exactly defines that is unclear. Oddly enough, Mjolnir's basically a Toa tool--it's a focus for Thor's elemental (Lightning, in his case) power, but the actual power exists within himself. "The sword is merely the focus," as Kopaka puts it. As such, it's possible that any Toa may be able to wield it. 'Course, that also depends on whether Toa can use one anothers' tools.

It's also worth noting that Vision is an artificially-created being and he has the Soul Stone. As such, he's got 2 variables in place: the former is a status met by MU inhabitants, so if that affects it, then most of those beings might be able to use it; if the 2nd is the kicker, then you'd need some other super-powerful being, Artakha or some similar entity at the very least. It might be the same kind of power needed to wear the Ignika, so Mata Nui or Ignika himself might be able to hold it.

• Upvote 1

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Oddly enough, Mjolnir's basically a Toa tool--it's a focus for Thor's elemental (Lightning, in his case) power, but the actual power exists within himself. "The sword is merely the focus," as Kopaka puts it. As such, it's possible that any Toa may be able to wield it. 'Course, that also depends on whether Toa can use one anothers' tools.

This is true in the case of Thor, but Odin did say that if "they are worthy they will possess the power of Thor". So yes, the power belongs to Thor and the hammer is the focus, but Odin granted it the ability to allow whoever can lift it to tap into that raw power that Thor possesses. I'm certain that a Toa who could lift it use their own elemental powers through it as a focus, but they could also tap into Thor's powers as well (Toa Inika anyone?) :D

It's also worth noting that Vision is an artificially-created being and he has the Soul Stone.

Vision possesses the mind stone actually... that's just me being nitpicky sorry! :P 

• Upvote 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

• 4 months later...

:kaukau: "Worthy," pah!  Marvel makes a joke out of what is worthy and what isn't.  It's all basically whatever the writer wants, with addition to whatever might receive the best payoff as fanservice.  Thor became worthy again when he showed that he was willing to sacrifice his life, something that Steve Rogers had in common with him...but Tony Stark was willing to sacrifice his life on multiple occasions, and he never lifted the hammer.  Hawkeye had his moment, the biggest of anyone's, where he was willing to sacrifice his life, but we never saw him summon it.

Vision was a newborn who never attempted to sacrifice his life, and he lifted it (because the writer needed him to).  Before Thor, Hela wielded it, and could break it, and clearly she was not the worthy type.  Evidently, Odin could wield it, based off of the first movie  Thor became obviously unworthy, but was apparently "still worthy" because the writers needed him to get the Mjolnir back so Steven could use it..  And Thanos could push against Mjolnir, because the directors needed him to in order for the scene to continue.

Upon some reflection, it seems to me that the best criteria for wielding Mjolnir is "don't be a Marvel character."  That way, it doesn't matter what the definition of worthiness is, because it isn't canon.  Therefore, all of the Toa can lift the hammer.

Except for Nidhiki and emo Vakama.