What Happened to the Reviews?

Master Inika

It's been five months since BZPower's last official review on the front page. The front page has been feeling odd to me lately, and I realized today that was why. Reviews were always sort of an anchor for me, something that I always at least breezed through. Why did they just stop?

• Upvote 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

It's been five months since BZPower's last official review on the front page. The front page has been feeling odd to me lately, and I realized today that was why. Reviews were always sort of an anchor for me, something that I always at least breezed through. Why did they just stop?

I don't know. I always liked reading set reviews.

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

We have several reviews currently in the works. Some of them are for very large sets though, and that makes things take additional time. In general, reviews are very time-intensive to do in a manner that meets our quality bar.

I can't speak for everyone on the staff, but I know I stopped doing reviews and focused more on streams because it provides a lot more engagement, takes less time to prep and wrap up, and is a lot more enjoyable. While they still require a good bit of behind-the-scenes work, I'd estimate a stream adds 60-90 minutes to the time it takes to build the set. A review can add anywhere from 5-10 hours when you factor in researching new parts, taking pictures, editing pictures, importing and editing video, not to mention all of the writing and proofreading. With all that effort, we were getting very little feedback and seeing very little benefit for the reviews we were doing. Lots of sites do reviews, and there are plenty who do them as good as or better than BZPower does.

I appreciate the feedback and hope some of the other reviewers see this as well. I'm sorry we've been keeping you waiting!

• Upvote 3