What crossover would you like Bionicle to have?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! I’m glad that the forums are back, fresh and new! Anyway, you see, Bionicle is known to have a lot of characters with a lot of missions. Some are associated with each other while some not so much. Vezon gained the ability to travel through dimensions. We also see Matoran Universe and Spherus Magna people working together. So, I would like to talk about Bionicle having crossovers with other franchises. Bionicle should get out more often. Seriously. Here’s a list of crossover that I would love to imagine: 

1. Bionicle and Hero Factory - these guys share some similar qualities, so have them share the same universe with together, like the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I would love to think that after Spherus Magna got destroyed long ago, the Great Beings went to create Mr. Makuro, who created Hero Factory. I would also love to see the Toa Nuva and the Alpha 1 Team from HF fight each other and then team up. Mata Nui would prefers give the Alpha 1 Team elemental powers, as Preston Stormer can have Ice powers, Dunkan Bulk Iron powers, Jimi Stringer Sonic, William Furno Fire, Mark Surge Lightning, Natalie Breez Air, Julius Nex Plant Life, Nathan Evo Water, and Rocka, well, Rock/Stone. 

2. Bionicle G1 and Bionicle G2 - I would love to see the Toa Mata from both generations interact with each other. Both Pohatu’s would be like “Hey! Why are you so cheerful?” and “Hey! Why are you so brooding?” Lol. 

3. Bionicle and Ninjago - both have similar qualities, so I would love to both the Toa Mata and the Ninja from Ninjago. 

4. Bionicle and Transformers - I would love to see Toa fight against Autobots and then work together to fight against the Decepticons and Makuta Teridax. 

5. Bionicle and Sonic The Hedgehog - I would love to see the Toa Mata team up with Sonic to fight against Doctor Eggman and Teridax. 

6. Bionicle and Mario - Would you imagine Mario going through levels based on Bionicle and all? Lol. Plus, I would love to see Mario and the Toa Mata work together to fight against Makuta Teridax and Bowser. 

7. Bionicle and Kirby - I would love to see the Toa Mata team up with Kirby to fight against Teridax. Kirby would suck up the Toa’s powers/weapons to copy their abilities, like, you know, Tahu Kirby, Gali Kirby, etc. Lol. 

8. Bionicle and Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra - That would be a neat crossover, with the Toa teaming up with Team Avatar. 

9. Bionicle and DC Comics - I would imagine the Toa Mata teaming up with the Justice League. I would also love to see Batman fight against the Toa Mata at first, but later team up with them. Same with the Teen Titans. Lol. 

10. Bionicle and Marvel - I would love to see the Toa Mata teaming up with the Avengers. I would also love to see Spider-Man fight against the Toa Mata at first, but later team up with them. Same with the Guardians of the Galaxy. Lol. 

11. Bionicle and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - I would love to see the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fight against the Toa Mata at first, but later team up with them. 

12. Bionicle and Steven Universe - I would imagine some funny and pleasant interactions between the Toa Mata and the Crystal Gems. Lol. 

13. Bionicle and Star Wars - It would be an awesome crossover. I would love to see the Toa learn how to use Starfighters. Lol. 

14. Bionicle and Mixels - That would be cool, but wacky. Lol. 

15. Bionicle and the Powerpuff Girls - That would be interesting. Lol. I would love to see the Toa Mata and the Powerpuff Girls fight against Teridax, Mojo Jojo, and Him. 

16. Bionicle and Ben 10 - That would be awesome. I would love to see the Toa Mata and Ben 10 fight against Teridax and Vilgax. 

As for Marvel, well, I would imagine that it would be like that Batman-TMNT crossover when it comes to the Toa Mata and Spider-Man, but kid-friendly for our sakes. Here’s how that would go: The Toa Nuva, Takanuva, and Ekimu noticed Makuta Teridax, Makuta Mutran, and their army of Rahkshi going through an inter-dimensional portal for some reason, and the heroes follow them. When the Bionicle characters arrived in the Marvel universe, in New York City, the heroes start finding the villains in the city while the villains start to team up with the Kingpin and Doctor Octopus. Makuta Teridax and his Rahkshi start attacking a local lab, which grabs Spider-Man’s attention and Spider-Man finds and fights them. He is able to defeat the Rahkshi, but not Teridax, but survived. Meanwhile, the Bionicle heroes noticed Doc Ock doing something evil and attacked him, his Octobots and some Rahkshi, but Ock got away while he mentioned Spider-Man during the fight. They eventually meet Spider-Man and then both forces fight each other because they mistaken each other for more foes. Spider-Man is a tough and unbeatable fighter, so the Bionicle heroes ran away from him and hide. While the Bionicle heroes are learning to use the Internet (Ekimu and Kopaka would do it because they are smart and can learn anything logically) to learn about Spider-Man and Spider-Man looking for the heroes, the Makuta show Kingpin and Ock Energized Protodermis and Pit Mutagen when they mutate some of the Kingpin’s men into monsters. While both the Bionicle heroes and Spider-Man find each other and settle their differences because they discovered that they are on the same side while they ask each other who are each other’s enemies, the Makuta, Rahkshi, Kingpin, and Ock invade a prison that has a lot of Spider-Man’s evil enemies, who are the Sandman, Electro, The Vulture, Mysterio, Kraven the Hunter, The Scorpion, The Chameleon, The Rhino, The Shocker, Hydro-Man, Molten Man, the Lizard, the Green Goblin, and the Hobgoblin. Teridax’s team need the Goblin’s Goblin Serum for their new chemical while they give the Goblin the Makuta’s mutagenic substances. The Goblin use the Bionicle substances to mutated all of the villains except the Makuta and Kingpin into stronger monsters, like Ock looking like an octopus, Goblin looking like a spider, etc. While the heroes are having good interactions, they heard an alarm about the prison, so they come to the prison to undo the problem in there. In the prison, the mutated villains are occupying it while they challenge the heroes to a fight. The heroes know this could be a trap, so they split up into three groups who go to different rooms in the prison. Tahu, Pohatu, and Onua will fight against Molten Man, Scorpion, and Rhino. Kopaka, Lewa, and Gali will fight against the Chameleon, Shocker, and Hydro-Man. Spider-Man, Takanuva, and Ekimu will fight against the Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, and the Lizard. However, the Goblin says that he, Teridax, Mutran, Ock, and the Lizard worked together to create the new chemical that is a mix of EP, PM, and the Goblin Serum. He tests the new chemical on Spider-Man, turning him into a spider-like monster who is crazy and wild like the Goblin. Spider-Man uncontrollably attacks friend and foe alike, but all eight Bionicle heroes defeat all nine of these villains and use an antidote made by Spider-Man, Ekimu, and Kopaka before the prison break to turn Spider-Man back to normal while Lewa and Takanuva talk to him out of it because they made good friends. The heroes cure the villains as well while the Avengers come to restrain the villains, but they know that the other five, the Sandman, Electro, Vulture, Mysterio, and Kraven, escaped to join Ock’s Sinister Six. Plus, well, it’s an extra, Teridax tells Spider-Man through his phone that he kidnapped his girlfriend named Mary Jane Watson to force him to stop stopping Teridax and his new friends. Spider-Man then looks at all of his and the Bionicle heroes’ problems as a big mess, so he tells the heroes to leave New York City because their customs endanger the city, so the heroes convince him that they must work together to stop the threat and they need each other to do that, as they say their Three Virtues, Unity, Duty, and Destiny, so Spider-Man decides to team up with them again. They all figure that the remaining villains plan to use the chemical to turn everyone in the city into monsters, so they can take over both worlds. While the Avengers are too busy with their own stuff, Spider-Man and his Bionicle allies find the remaining villains’ hiding place, which has a machine that can mix the substances into the chemical and then spread it all over the city. Spider-Man and his allies have to fight against the Rahkshi and Kingpin’s men first. Then, the Toa Nuva fight against the mutated Sinister Six while the other three heroes go ahead to find the remaining three villains. Spider-Man goes after the Kingpin, Ekimu after Mutran, and Takanuva after Teridax. After Spider-Man and the Toa Nuva defeated their enemies, they help their allies. However, Teridax threatens to harm or mutate MJ if Spider-Man continues to stop him because he looks at Spider-Man as problematic as his heroic enemies, but the Toa did a sneak attack while the heroes save MJ. They tell her to go somewhere safe while they take care of their enemies. Kopaka, Pohatu, Lewa, and Spider-Man work to stop the machine from getting ready while the others fight Teridax and his allies. The heroes save the day by defeating all of their enemies and the machine explode, which causes the villains’ whole hiding place to explode. The heroes run for their lives while taking all of the villains except Kingpin with them, as the Kingpin accidentally falls into a vat filled with EP and PM. The heroes bring Spider-Man villains to the prison while they celebrate. The Toa and Ekimu formally introduce themselves to MJ while Lewa is very fond of her while J. Jonah Jameson kind of looks at the Bionicle heroes as menaces since they work without Spider-Man, who he always hates and looks at a menace, too. As the Bionicle heroes prepare to return to their world while bringing their enemies with them, Spider-Man tells that all ten of them can have a pizza party to celebrate before the Bionicle heroes will go, which the Bionicle heroes like the idea. The End. However, in a cliffhanger scene, where there is the villains’ destroyed hiding place, Kingpin, who got mutated by the Bionicle substances to become a stronger whale-like monster, comes out of the debris and roars, planning revenge against all of the heroes. The End after that. 

If there were a trilogy, it would go like this. The second installment would have the Kingpin, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Teridax, and Mutran work together to spread Symbiotes, perhaps enhanced by the Makuta’s things, on the Bionicle world before they can take over both worlds, and the Bionicle heroes and Spider-Man work together again to defeat the villains and their Symbiote army. The third installment would be where Teridax, having fed up with Spider-Man’s antics, and the Kingpin, having fed up with the Bionicle heroes’ antics, plan to have villains from the Bionicle world and Spider-Man’s villains work together to form an army that will attack both worlds, so they would take over both worlds, but Spider-Man and all Bionicle heroes have to work together to stop them. These would be awesome and funny. I would say the same to Batman.:) 

So, what crossovers would you like Bionicle to have? Please don’t talk about any future possibilities.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Honestly I think Bionicle should probably stick to its own for the most part. Appearances in more general LEGO crossovers like the Lego Movies would be cool, but I think they would do better to focus on like the more Lego-y? aspects of the characters rather than getting super deep into Bionicle lore. Seeing minifigure sized characters basically treating Toa or even matoran like giants could be fun.

:kaukau: Bionicle isn't necessarily a crossover-rich IP, at least not on an official level.  With that having been said, their first comics were printed by DC.  I have always been at least partially curious about what it would look like if there was a non-canon crossover between them and the DCU.  And frankly, I remember at one point thinking, after DC completely failed their first few cinematic universe installments, that they could redeem themselves if they through in a Guardians of the Galaxy style installment with Bionicle, set far away from the rest of the story and having no affect on the main franchise except in a distant crossover event.  The reason that I say that this might have redeemed it for me is because Superman is my favorite superhero, with the Toa being a possible second.  A non-canon comic series would also be awesome.  I say could, because my standards would be pretty high.  They would be even higher fora live-action crossover, because the idea is ridiculous.  The only way for it to not be ridiculous, and to do justice to the Bionicle IP in such a high-profile outing, would for it to be completely perfect.  I'm talking Lord of the Rings levels of perfection.

I could also see them appearing in a LEGO movie that dealt with the theme of what makes a set a LEGO set when LEGO has a few very distinct different branches.  It would be, I think, a bit more of a LEGO-centric theme than The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part.

Finally...as far as fanfiction goes, I would indeed love to read a webcomic about Bionicle and the Avatar universe existing on the same world.  Asides from just the elemental stuff, they are also thematically and cinematically very similar, and they are often mysterious in the same way.  Less inherently complementary would be a webcomic about Bionicle mixed with Pokemon or Digimon, but it would still be an entertaining read.  There are still some similarities in the logic of these universes.

Once upon a time, I wrote Bionicle fan-fiction that I never published, which was a part of a universe of other fan-fictions.  These all received a major rehaul and became their own distinct universe.  This is actually the reason why I mentioned Pokemon and Digimon in the last paragraph, since there were characters and ideas from those franchises.  I suppose that, in a way, I could quite easily create a crossover between the original fan-fic universe and the subsequent discrete story.  Come to think of it, I mentioned Lord of the Rings earlier, and while crafting a major chapter in this childhood fan-fic, I spent several months playing out a battle inspired by Helm's Deep, but with Bionicle and Neopets.  LotR would be a very interesting property for a Bionicle reboot to take inspiration from, since I always felt that the Mask of Shadows ought to have a certain One Ring to Rule Them All quality to it.  That, and it would be an interesting way to do the same classic 2001-2003 Mata Nui storyline, but with a slightly different genre that would make it feel big and bold and fresh (they sort of had this feel a little bit with the Toa Hagah backstory).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really like the idea of Bionicle having crossovers to be honest. Bionicle is a story driven franchise and those don't tend to work as crossovers. Franchises like Mario and Sonic crossing over are fine because they almost always have very simplistic stories, but stuff like Bionicle with a story focused narrative usually doesn't work. The only thing that I could see working for these type of franchiese is something like Persona Q. Basically we see the Agori and Matoran team up, even though this sort of already happened. I probably sound like a huge hypocrite because I like Kingdom Hearts, but whatever.

"Wait, he's back from the dead?"- The 2 people that have heard of me

RWBY Volume 5 isn't bad, you're bad

• 2 weeks later...

Transformers as I think the two species interacting would be cool to see. like seeing the differences between the fully robotic Cybertronians  and the more cyborg esq Matoran (is that the name of the speicies that the Toa and Matoran belong to?). what would the Toa think of the millennia long war, what would the transformers think of this fusion of organic and metal or their elemental powers? the differences between their religions, The GSR vs Unicron. I think crossing over with transformers would be epic especially for the fans that are fans of both. 

Edited by Gzstg