Wall of History — The Big Update

JSLBrowning

WALL OF HISTORY

Hey BZPower! Many of you are probably familiar with Wall of History, the web archive of the BIONICLE story I launched earlier this year (which is linked to above). While the BZPower forums were down, Wall of History received a significant update, and given that my original discussion thread rolled over the revival limit during that downtime, I thought it'd be a good idea to start a new one.

Here's an overview of the changes made in the Big Update:

• The site received a visual upgrade — all the pages now use the light-on-dark color scheme that was previously exclusive to the Legends of Metru Nui and Web of Shadows chapters, and the headers have been tweaked.
  • Virtually all remaining story media — most notably, all the remaining novels, short stories, and story serials — was added to the site. (There are still a few miscellaneous things I'm planning on adding, like the rest of those little McDonald's comics, but basically the entire story is available now).
  • Animations have finally been added! The MNOG pages now have the relevant cutscenes (at their original 18 FPS, thanks to the wonderful Peri), the (BIONICLE.com) Wall of History pages have their animations (also at the correct frame rate), and the Vahki animations and The Search for the Mask of Light are available.
  • The map has been improved, and now has two companion pages — a sources page, where you can sort media by type (comic, novel, serial, etc.), and a search page, where you can search the contents of the archive.
  • We now have an events page. Join our book club. We have giveaways, and we do movie streams sometimes.

I'm also now working on adding all the BIONICLE guides to the site, which you may have already noticed if you visited the sources page linked above. (This was not part of the Big Update, but also happened while the forums were down.) I started working on the guides pretty recently, so the only one we've got at the moment is Metru Nui • City of Legends.

I think that about covers everything that's happened with Wall of History since June. I'd really appreciate any feedback y'all might have!

Edited by JSLBrowning
  • Like 3

1554824458_Signature1.thumb.png.b92b35987fd64998219a7750ccf7f46f.png134107221_Signature2.thumb.png.4cbc1d79cb2860c534af37071132810a.png

I kept my eyes on the site during Bzpower's downtime, and I really like its new presentation and style. It's easy to navigate and looks nice. However, I noticed numerous oddities with the order of the different entries.

Here's just a few examples I noted on the fly:

• The Ga-Koro chapter of MNOG should come after comic #3: Triumph of the Toa.
  • The Vahki animations are in very strange places. I feel like it would be better to include them later on.
  • The last two comics of the 2004 story are in very puzzling places, where they contradict the canon massively.
  • Why are the Phantoka, Mistika and Mata Nui Rising parts divided? They're parts of the same arc, and are quite short on their own.
  • The way Makuta's Diary is dispersed across the 2008 story spoils the ending of that arc right at the beginning.
  • The last chapter of Brothers in Arms should be earlier, not because of the canon, but because it makes for a bad conclusion to the story as a whole.

By the way, in case it's helpful to you, I have a collection of many of the guides here, including transcriptions of some of them.

31 minutes ago, Toatapio Nuva said:

I really like its new presentation and style. It's easy to navigate and looks nice.

Thanks!

The Ga-Koro chapter of MNOG should come after comic #3: Triumph of the Toa.

Could you explain why? Making that change would necessitate moving Triumph of the Toa (and, by extension, the other two comics) to much earlier in the chapter, or moving the Ga-Koro chapter of MNOG (and, by extension, the rest of MNOG) to much later — and I feel like both of these options would mess with the overall flow a lot.

The Vahki animations are in very strange places. I feel like it would be better to include them later on.

Someone else gave me the same suggestion, and I'm planning on moving them — I just haven't decided where they should go yet.

The last two comics of the 2004 story are in very puzzling places, where they contradict the canon massively.

Yeah, I'm not really fond of where they are either... The thing is, though, they kinda contradict the rest of the canon wherever they go — they both clearly take place during the events of Legends of Metru Nui, but there isn't really a perfect place where they fit into that story. If you have any suggestions for where they should go, let me know.

Why are the Phantoka, Mistika and Mata Nui Rising parts divided? They're parts of the same arc, and are quite short on their own.

The chapter divisions on Wall of History are the same ones that were on BIONICLEstory.com. I think dividing the 2008 story into three chapters is a little strange as well, but it's the only official way the story was ever divided, so it's what I'm going with.

The way Makuta's Diary is dispersed across the 2008 story spoils the ending of that arc right at the beginning.

I wouldn't say it spoils it, per se — no more than Legacy of Evil or Dwellers in Darkness did. I put that first diary entry where it is because I think it serves as some nice, ominous foreshadowing there. If there's a consensus that it should definitely be moved, though, I'll do it.

The last chapter of Brothers in Arms should be earlier, not because of the canon, but because it makes for a bad conclusion to the story as a whole.

I initially put it where it is because I felt it was a nice segue into the Bara Magna chapter, but I'm not too attached to its position there. I'll move it a few spaces earlier in the next update.

Edited by JSLBrowning

1554824458_Signature1.thumb.png.b92b35987fd64998219a7750ccf7f46f.png134107221_Signature2.thumb.png.4cbc1d79cb2860c534af37071132810a.png

Could you explain why? Making that change would necessitate moving Triumph of the Toa (and, by extension, the other two comics) to much earlier in the chapter, or moving the Ga-Koro chapter of MNOG (and, by extension, the rest of MNOG) to much later — and I feel like both of these options would mess with the overall flow a lot.

Ah, sorry, I actually mixed things up here. The Ga-Koro chapter of MNOG actually takes place in the middle of the second comic, so I suppose those two should be placed next to each other, one way or another.

Someone else gave me the same suggestion, and I'm planning on moving them — I just haven't decided where they should go yet.

I would recommend either moving them all after the Morbuzakh saga, since that's when the sets were introduced, or placing each animation after the chapter where they were first used. For example, the Keerakh video would go after the chapter where Nuju and Whenua encounter them while searching for the Ko-Metru Great Disk.

Yeah, I'm not really fond of where they are either... The thing is, though, they kinda contradict the rest of the canon wherever they go — they both clearly take place during the events of Legends of Metru Nui, but there isn't really a perfect place where they fit into that story. If you have any suggestions for where they should go, let me know.

Actually, there's a place where they fit quite nicely: right after the chapter where Vakama, Nokama and Matau escape the Coliseum and hop into a chute. It seems to be the place where all the comics are meant to go. They should definitely also be back-to-back, since they represent a continuous story.

The chapter divisions on Wall of History are the same ones that were on BIONICLEstory.com. I think dividing the 2008 story into three chapters is a little strange as well, but it's the only official way the story was ever divided, so it's what I'm going with.

Fair enough. I don't know if I really agree with the reasoning, but it's not a big problem to have them separated.

I wouldn't say it spoils it, per se — no more than Legacy of Evil or Dwellers in Darkness did. I put that first diary entry where it is because I think it serves as some nice, ominous foreshadowing there. If there's a consensus that it should definitely be moved, though, I'll do it.

Well, it spoils the fact that Makuta wins in the end by taking control of the universe. I think it's much more effective to allow the reader to think that the Toa will actually win, rather than letting them know right away that Makuta wins. I mean, the books keep hinting at Makuta's victory, but doesn't outright state that "Makuta wins". It's just foreshadowing without giving any plot details.

I would move all of Makuta's Diary entries after the epilogue, honestly. But if you're really keen on dispersing the chapters, I would at least place all of them in the Mata Nui Rising section.

On 9/29/2019 at 10:21 AM, Toatapio Nuva said:

Ah, sorry, I actually mixed things up here. The Ga-Koro chapter of MNOG actually takes place in the middle of the second comic, so I suppose those two should be placed next to each other, one way or another.

Rearranging everything to make that work will probably take a bit, but I have gotten several comments about this, so I'll get to working on it.

I would recommend either moving them all after the Morbuzakh saga, since that's when the sets were introduced, or placing each animation after the chapter where they were first used. For example, the Keerakh video would go after the chapter where Nuju and Whenua encounter them while searching for the Ko-Metru Great Disk.

Yeah, the other person said they should go after the Morbuzakh arc as well... I'll probably put them somewhere around the end of The Darkness Below and the beginning of Legends of Metru Nui.

Actually, there's a place where they fit quite nicely: right after the chapter where Vakama, Nokama and Matau escape the Coliseum and hop into a chute. It seems to be the place where all the comics are meant to go. They should definitely also be back-to-back, since they represent a continuous story.

That's probably the best place for them. I'll make that change next time I update the website.

I would move all of Makuta's Diary entries after the epilogue, honestly. But if you're really keen on dispersing the chapters, I would at least place all of them in the Mata Nui Rising section.

Hm... Moving them all to the end might actually work really well, since I've got all of The Mutran Chronicles at the beginning of the Phantoka chapter... Two different Makuta diaries bookending the Karda Nui arc... Alright, I'll work on rearranging Makuta's Diary for the next update.

Edited by JSLBrowning

This is very impressive. While there have been other projects in recent months trying to collect all the Bionicle storyline, yours seems by far the best. What I truly appreciate is that you've tried to place the story sources in the right order, but you've also delivered it to us as it was originally. This way someone reading it has multiple ways to do it.

That said, I've also found some discrepancies in how you've ordered everything. In general, I would recommend splitting the comics at times, since they do not always portray events in sequence.

To make it easier to understand, I've written the order I would give to the various extracts. I would split some of them (the comics especially), so I've tried to clarify what each piece corresponds to.

[1] Tale of the Toa: The Legend of Mata Nui

[2] Tale of the Toa: “Tahu — Toa of Fire”

[3] Mata Nui: The Online Game: “The Dream”

[4] Mata Nui: The Online Game: “On the Beach”

[5] BIONICLE Synopsis: Excerpt Two

[6] Tale of the Toa: “Lewa — Toa of Air”

[7] Tale of the Toa: “Onua — Toa of Earth”

[8] Tale of the Toa: “Gali — Toa of Water”

[11] Tale of the Toa: “Pohatu — Toa of Stone”

[14] BIONICLE #1: The Coming of the Toa (until Pohatu and Kopaka meet)

[13] Tale of the Toa: “Kopaka — Toa of Ice”

[14] BIONICLE #1: The Coming of the Toa (after Pohatu and Kopaka meet)

[15] Tale of the Toa: “The Meeting”

[19] Tale of the Toa: “What Lies Beneath” (this happens right after the first Toa meeting)

[20] BIONICLE #2: Deep Into Darkness (Gali-Lewa meeting, first Gali scene, first Lewa scene) (this also happens after the meeting, when the Toa have split up)

[9] Mata Nui: The Online Game: “Ga-Koro” (this takes place here; before Gali had not yet found Ga-Koro, in the subsequent part of Comic 2 she has)

[10] Mata Nui: The Online Game: “The Telescope” (in the 2001 storyline, Ta-Koro and the telescope just after Tahu's arrival, before Ga-Koro. But using the MNOG walkthrough text, this is the only possible place to put them)

[12] Mata Nui: The Online Game: “Ta-Koro”

[20] BIONICLE #2: Deep Into Darkness (second Gali scene, second Lewa scene)

[16] Mata Nui: The Online Game: “Po-Koro” (this seems to fit well here, we see Pohatu alone so it's presumably when the Toa are still split up)

[17] Mata Nui: The Online Game: “Call Me ‘Chronicler’”

[24] BIONICLE #3: Triumph of the Toa (Lewa and Gali rescues) (both the beginning of Comic 3 and the "Cool as Ice" chapter speaks of Onua's meeting, so they happen close together)

[27] Tale of the Toa: “Cool as Ice”

[18] Mata Nui: The Online Game: “Onu-Koro” (I'd say this fits well here)

[24] BIONICLE #3: Triumph of the Toa (meeting and battle)

[29] Tale of the Toa: “The Temple” (first three scenes) (these scenes seem to happen immediately after the Toa meeting)

[21] BIONICLE Synopsis: Excerpt Four (there is some empty space in the middle of "The Temple" chapter where other events can take place, so I'd place this one here)

[26] Challenge of the Rahi

(same reasoning as above)

[22] Mata Nui: The Online Game: “Le-Koro”

(this should take place here, where the search for the masks is at an advanced stage, for at the end Lewa has obtained all his masks, even though it is not clear if he gets his golden mask at Le-Koro or at Kini-Nui

[23] Mata Nui: The Online Game: “Ko-Koro”

[25] BIONICLE Synopsis: Excerpt Five (the Toa are together here, and this might serve to lead on to the final part of "The Temple" chapter)

[28] Mata Nui: The Online Game: “The Alliance”

[29] Tale of the Toa: “The Temple” (rest of the chapter)

[30] Mata Nui: The Online Game: “Kini-Nui” (Part One)

[31] Tale of the Toa: “Into the Darkness”

[32] Tale of the Toa: “The Power of Six”

[33] Mata Nui: The Online Game: “Kini-Nui” (Part Two)

[34] Mata Nui: The Online Game: “Kini-Nui” (Part Three)

[35] Mata Nui: The Online Game: “Kini-Nui” (Part Four)

[36] Tale of the Toa: “The Toa Unite”

[37] Tale of the Toa: “Out of the Shadows”

[38] Tale of the Toa: “Toa vs. Toa”

[39] Tale of the Toa: “Unity, Duty, Destiny”

[40] Mata Nui: The Online Game: “Mangaia”

[41] BIONICLE Synopsis: Excerpt Nine

[1] Beware the Bohrok: “Underground”

[2] Beware the Bohrok: “The Calm Before the Storm”

[3] Beware the Bohrok: “The Awakening”

[4] Beware the Bohrok: “The Arrival”

[6] BIONICLE #4: The Bohrok Awake (this portrays the same events as "The Arrival" chapter)

[5] Wall of History: Victory Party Cancelled!

[7] BIONICLE Synopsis: Excerpt Thirteen

[8] Beware the Bohrok: “Mountains Crumble”

[12] Beware the Bohrok: “Earth Trembles”

[13] Wall of History: New Invention Saves Onu-Koro

[14] Beware the Bohrok: “Ambush!”

[15] Beware the Bohrok: “Danger Beneath the Waves” (this chapter shows Tahnok heading for Po-Koro, so it makes sense for it to be before the Tahnok scenes in Ta-Wahi that we see in the comics and animations)

[9] Wall of History: Tahnok Surround Po-Koro, Matoran Lost in Fray

[10] Wall of History: Turaga Shares Knowledge of Bohrok

[11] Wall of History: Hafu Saved in Daring Rescue

[16] Wall of History: Island Wildlife on the Move

[17] Beware the Bohrok: “Lost”

[19] Beware the Bohrok: “Fire and Ice” (Kopaka stops by Po-Wahi to help with the Tahnok trap but leaves before it is complete, plus in Comic 5 we see him about to announce the nest discovery, so this chapter should go before Comic 5)

[18] BIONICLE #5: To Trap a Tahnok

[20] Beware the Bohrok: “The Betrayal”

[21] Beware the Bohrok: “Friend and Foe”

[27] BIONICLE #6: Into the Nest (scenes before the Toa meeting)

[22] Wall of History: Le-Koro Liberated!

[23] Beware the Bohrok: “The Nest”

[24] BIONICLE Synopsis: Excerpt Fourteen (this is the only place where this excerpt can go... though some Style Guide excerpts really seem written at random...)

[25] Wall of History: Last-Moment Save!

[27] BIONICLE #6: Into the Nest (Bohrok nest scenes)

[26] Beware the Bohrok: “The Challenge”

[28] Beware the Bohrok: “The Bohrok Queens”

[29] BIONICLE #7: What Lurks Below

[30] Wall of History: Disaster in Ga-Koro!

[31] Beware the Bohrok: “A New Beginning”

[32] BIONICLE #8: The End of the Toa?

[33] Wall of History: After the Storm

[34] BIONICLE #9: Divided We Fall (I think this should go in 2003)

2003 - Bohrok-Kal

[1] Makuta’s Revenge: “Underground”

[2] Makuta’s Revenge: “Symbols and Secrets”

[3] Makuta’s Revenge: “Pride and Power”

[--] BIONICLE #9: Divided We Fall (this comic shows the same mock battle described by the "Pride and Power" chapter and also portrays Kopaka's power loss)

[4] Wall of History: Theft of Fire

[5] Makuta’s Revenge: “The Theft” (most of this animation takes place before the Toa can all regroup, so it should go here... of course, it is somewhat in contradiction with Makuta's Revenge...)

[7] Wall of History: Out of Their Elements

[6] Makuta’s Revenge: “The Chase”

[8] Makuta’s Revenge: “Helpless”

[9] Wall of History: Desert Showdown

[10] BIONICLE #10: Powerless!

[11] The Origin of the Bohrok-Kal

[12] Makuta’s Revenge: “The Search”

[13] Makuta’s Revenge: “The Soundshape”

[18} BIONICLE #11: A Matter of Time… (Tahu and Nuhvok-Kal) (the fight between Tahu and Nuhvok-Kal should happen before the one between him and Pahrak-Kal, for afterwards he realizes the Bohrok Va are helping the Kal... hence it is unlikely he would trust the Tahnok after that, even if Krana-less)

[14] Makuta’s Revenge: “The Agony of Defeat”

[18} BIONICLE #11: A Matter of Time… (Toa Kaita scene, Pohatu and Onua scene)

[15] Makuta’s Revenge: “A New Hope”

[16] Makuta’s Revenge: “Tahu’s Decision”

[18} BIONICLE #11: A Matter of Time… (rest of the comic)

[17] Makuta’s Revenge: “The Great Mask of Time”

[19] Makuta’s Revenge: “The Power Within”

[20] BIONICLE #12: Absolute Power

[21] Wall of History: Defeat of the Bohrok-Kal

[22] Wall of History: Naming Day

I would advise putting a MNOG2 Walkthrough here. There is one on BS01, even if it's fan-made. You should put it up until the Kolhii Championship.

[23] Tales of the Masks: Introduction

[24] Tales of the Masks: “Onewa’s Tale: The Mountain”

[25] Tales of the Masks: “Whenua’s Tale: Those Who Forget the Past…”

[26] Tales of the Masks: “Matau’s Tale: The Trap”

[27] Tales of the Masks: “Nokama’s Tale: Beneath the Surface”

[28] Tales of the Masks: “Nuju’s Tale: Place of Shadows”

[29] Tales of the Masks: “Vakama’s Tale: Secrets”

2003 - Mask of Light

[1] Mask of Light: “The Mystery Mask”

[2] Mask of Light: “Riding the Wave”

[3] Mask of Light: “The Mighty Toa”

[4] Mask of Light: “Winner Takes All”

[5] Mask of Light: “The Herald”

[6] Mask of Light: “Unleashed”

[7] Mask of Light: “A New Threat” (departure from Ta-Koro)

MNOG2 walkthrough - crystals (when Hahli in MNOG2 gets back to Ta-Koro after the crystal search, she runs straight into Rahkshi... hence her goodbye with Jaller should take place before her search for the crystals)

[8] Mask of Light: “Destruction”

[9] Mask of Light: “Deep in the Jungle”

[10] Mask of Light: “Lost”

[11] Mask of Light: “Deep Freeze”

[18] BIONICLE #13: Rise of the Rahkshi! (this takes place here; Tahu, Gali and Lewa are already together and Kopaka is about to join them)

[15] Beware the Infected Kanohi

[12] Mask of Light: “The Decision”

[20] BIONICLE #14: At Last — Takanuva! (Po-Wahi scenes)

(follows from the previous comic and more or less coincides with the activation of the Turahk, Kurahk and Vohrak)

[13] Mask of Light: “Battle”

[14] Mask of Light: “Buried Alive”

[16] Mask of Light: “Together Again”

[17] Mask of Light: “Kini-Nui”

[19] Mask of Light: “One Destiny”

[20] BIONICLE #14: At Last — Takanuva! (remaining part)

[21] Mask of Light: “A Real Hero”

MNOG2 Walkthrough (last part) (you might as well place it here... since in the end Nokama talks about leaving for Metru Nui)

[22] BIONICLE #15: Secrets and Shadows

[1] Mystery of Metru Nui: Introduction

[2] Mystery of Metru Nui: Chapter One

[16] BIONICLE #16: Toa Metru! (beginning, up until the Toa split up)

[3] Vahki Episodes: “Bordakh” (I don't quite understand why the Vahki animations are here, since they're not storyline material, strictly speaking. I suppose you can place them wherever you like, though personally I would put them all after the Toa Metru scenes in the Coliseum, since that is where the Vahki start hunting them)

[4] Mystery of Metru Nui: Chapter Two

[5] Vahki Episodes: “Nuurakh”

[6] Mystery of Metru Nui: Chapter Three

[16] BIONICLE #16: Toa Metru! (Vakama and Nuhrii scenes)

[7] Vahki Episodes: “Rorzakh”

[8] Mystery of Metru Nui: Chapter Four

[9] Vahki Episodes: “Keerakh”

[10] Mystery of Metru Nui: Chapter Five

[11] Vahki Episodes: “Vorzakh”

[12] Mystery of Metru Nui: Chapter Six

[13] Vahki Episodes: “Zadakh”

[14] Mystery of Metru Nui: Chapter Seven

[15] Mystery of Metru Nui: Chapter Eight

[16] BIONICLE #16: Toa Metru! (last part)

[17] Mystery of Metru Nui: Epilogue

[18] Trial by Fire: Prologue

[19] Trial by Fire: Chapter One

[30] BIONICLE: City of Legends #3

[20] Trial by Fire: Chapter Two

[28] BIONICLE: City of Legends #1

[21] Trial by Fire: Chapter Three

[29] BIONICLE: City of Legends #2

[22] Trial by Fire: Chapter Four

[31] BIONICLE #17: Disks of Danger (Ta-Metru and Onu-Metru scenes) (though the Onu-Metru scenes should actually go along with Trial by Fire chapter 2)

[23] Trial by Fire: Chapter Five

[24] Trial by Fire: Chapter Six

[31] BIONICLE #17: Disks of Danger (Le-Metru scenes)

[25] Trial by Fire: Chapter Seven

[26] Trial by Fire: Chapter Eight

[27] Trial by Fire: Chapter Nine

[31] BIONICLE #17: Disks of Danger (end)

[32] Trial by Fire: Chapter Ten

[33] Trial by Fire: Chapter Eleven

[34] Trial by Fire: Chapter Twelve

[35] BIONICLE #18: Seeds of Doom

[36] Trial by Fire: Epilogue

[37] The Darkness Below: Introduction

[38] The Darkness Below: Chapter One

[39] The Darkness Below: Chapter Two

[40] The Darkness Below: Chapter Three

[41] The Darkness Below: Chapter Four

[42] The Darkness Below: Chapter Five

[43] The Darkness Below: Chapter Six

[44] The Darkness Below: Chapter Seven

[45] The Darkness Below: Chapter Eight

[46] The Darkness Below: Chapter Nine

[47] The Darkness Below: Chapter Ten

[48] The Darkness Below: Epilogue

[49] Legends of Metru Nui: Introduction

[50] Legends of Metru Nui: Chapter One

[51] Legends of Metru Nui: Chapter Two

[52] Legends of Metru Nui: Chapter Three

[54] BIONICLE #19: Enemies of Metru Nui (these three comics must all go here, between the escape from the Coliseum of Vakama, Nokama and Matau and the beginning of their search for Toa Lhikan)

[58] BIONICLE #20: Struggle in the Sky

[61] BIONICLE #21: Dreams of Darkness (You were speaking about spoilers. True, this comic does contain spoilers of the end of 2004 and beginning of 2005, but the spoilers are Vakama's visions and visions are spoilers almost by definition...)

[53] Legends of Metru Nui: Chapter Four

[55] Legends of Metru Nui: Chapter Five

[56] Legends of Metru Nui: Chapter Six

[57] Legends of Metru Nui: Chapter Seven

[59] Legends of Metru Nui: Chapter Eight

[60] Legends of Metru Nui: Chapter Nine

[62] Legends of Metru Nui: Epilogue

[63] Voyage of Fear: Introduction

[64] Voyage of Fear: Chapter One

[65] Voyage of Fear: Chapter Two

[66] Voyage of Fear: Chapter Three

[67] Voyage of Fear: Chapter Four

[68] Voyage of Fear: Chapter Five

[69] Voyage of Fear: “Whenua’s Tale”

[70] Voyage of Fear: Chapter Seven

[71] Voyage of Fear: Chapter Eight

[72] Voyage of Fear: Chapter Nine

[73] Voyage of Fear: Epilogue

[74] Maze of Shadows: Introduction

[75] Maze of Shadows: Chapter One

[76] Maze of Shadows: Chapter Two

[77] Maze of Shadows: Chapter Three

[78] Maze of Shadows: Chapter Four

[79] Maze of Shadows: Chapter Five

[80] Maze of Shadows: Chapter Six

[81] Maze of Shadows: Chapter Seven

[82] Maze of Shadows: Chapter Eight

[83] Maze of Shadows: Chapter Nine

[84] Maze of Shadows: Epilogue (Maze of Shadows was released in December 2004, but in my opinion it is closer to 2005 in every way, so I would place it in that year)

[74] Maze of Shadows: Introduction

[75] Maze of Shadows: Chapter One

[76] Maze of Shadows: Chapter Two

[77] Maze of Shadows: Chapter Three

[78] Maze of Shadows: Chapter Four

[79] Maze of Shadows: Chapter Five

[80] Maze of Shadows: Chapter Six

[81] Maze of Shadows: Chapter Seven

[82] Maze of Shadows: Chapter Eight

[83] Maze of Shadows: Chapter Nine

[84] Maze of Shadows: Epilogue

[2] Web of the Visorak: Introduction

[3] Web of the Visorak: Chapter One

[4] Web of the Visorak: Chapter Two

[5] Web of the Visorak: Chapter Three

[6] Web of the Visorak: Chapter Four

[7] Web of the Visorak: Chapter Five

[8] Web of the Visorak: Chapter Six

[9] Web of the Visorak: Chapter Seven

[10] Web of the Visorak: Chapter Eight

[11] Web of the Visorak: Chapter Nine

[12] BIONICLE #22: Monsters in the Dark

[14] Web of the Visorak: Epilogue

[15] Challenge of the Hordika: Introduction

[16] Challenge of the Hordika: Chapter One

[17] Challenge of the Hordika: Chapter Two

[18] Challenge of the Hordika: Chapter Three

[19] Challenge of the Hordika: Chapter Four

[20] Challenge of the Hordika: Chapter Five

[21] Challenge of the Hordika: Chapter Six

[22] Challenge of the Hordika: Chapter Seven

[23] Challenge of the Hordika: Chapter Eight

[24] Challenge of the Hordika: Chapter Nine

[25] Challenge of the Hordika: Chapter Ten

[26] Challenge of the Hordika: Epilogue

[27] BIONICLE #23: Vengeance of the Visorak

[28] BIONICLE #24: Shadow Play

[29] BIONICLE #25: Birth of the Rahaga

[30] BIONICLE #26: Hanging by a Thread

[31] BIONICLE #27: Fractures

[13] BIONICLE: Web Comic #1 Script (this should go here, I think, the Toa Hordika start thinking about Keetongu seriously only now)

[32] The Search for the Mask of Light: Episode One

[33] The Search for the Mask of Light: Episode Two

[34] The Search for the Mask of Light: Episode Three

[35] The Search for the Mask of Light: Episode Four

[36] The Search for the Mask of Light: Episode Five

[37] The Search for the Mask of Light: Episode Six

[38] Web of Shadows: Introduction

[39] Web of Shadows: Chapter One

[40] Web of Shadows: Chapter Two

[41] Web of Shadows: Chapter Three

[42] Web of Shadows: Chapter Four

[43] Web of Shadows: Chapter Five

[44] Web of Shadows: Chapter Six

[45] Web of Shadows: Chapter Seven

[46] Web of Shadows: Chapter Eight

[47] Web of Shadows: Chapter Nine

[48] Web of Shadows: Chapter Ten

[49] Web of Shadows: Epilogue

[50] Web of Shadows: “Origin of the Rahaga”

[51] Time Trap: Introduction

[52] Time Trap: Chapter One

[53] Time Trap: Chapter Two

[54] Time Trap: Chapter Three

[55] Time Trap: Chapter Four

[56] Time Trap: Chapter Five

[57] Time Trap: Chapter Six

[58] Time Trap: Chapter Seven

[59] Time Trap: Chapter Eight

[60] Time Trap: Chapter Nine

[61] Time Trap: Epilogue One

[62] Time Trap: Epilogue Two

[1] “Birth of a Dark Hunter” (I would place this here, since until Time Trap it was not explicitly confirmed in a story source that Nidhiki had been a Toa, and the Shadowed One, Lariska and many other characters had not even been introduced)

You might want to place here the winners of the One Thousand Years Untold contest, which are fully canon sources, albeit fan-written. You might want to keep "Hope" (the Voya Nui one) as prologue to 2006, but the other two would be appropriate here.

[63] BIONICLE #27: Special Sneak Preview

You might use "Hope", winner of the One Thousand Years Untold contest, as prologue

[1] Island of Doom: Introduction

[2] Island of Doom: Chapter One

[3] Island of Doom: Chapter Two

[4] Island of Doom: Chapter Three

[5] Island of Doom: Chapter Four

[6] Island of Doom: Chapter Five

[7] Island of Doom: Chapter Six

[8] Island of Doom: Chapter Seven

[9] Island of Doom: Chapter Eight

[10] Island of Doom: Chapter Nine

[11] Island of Doom: Chapter Ten

[12] Island of Doom: Chapter Eleven

[13] Dark Destiny: Introduction

[14] Dark Destiny: Chapter One

[15] Dark Destiny: Chapter Two

[16] Dark Destiny: Chapter Three

[17] Dark Destiny: Chapter Four

[18] Dark Destiny: Chapter Five

[19] Dark Destiny: Chapter Six

[20] Dark Destiny: Chapter Seven

[21] Dark Destiny: Chapter Eight

[22] Dark Destiny: Chapter Nine

[23] BIONICLE Ignition #1: If a Universe Ends (Hakann and Zaktan battle)

[24] BIONICLE Ignition #2: Vengeance of Axonn

[25] Power Play: Chapter One

[26] Power Play: Chapter Two

[27] Power Play: Chapter Three (first scene, freeing of Garan)

[23] BIONICLE Ignition #1: If a Universe Ends (other scenes)

(Ignition 1 is a bit strange, since some scenes clearly take place after Ignition #2 and the beginning of Power Play, since in Power Play Balta is not yet free at the beginning and Reidak has just pushed Thok off a cliff, after the two of them have been sent off to look for Vezon in Ignition #2)

[27] Power Play: Chapter Three (other scenes)

[28] Power Play: Chapter Four

[29] Power Play: Chapter Five

[30] Power Play: Chapter Six

[34] BIONICLE Ignition #3: Showdown

[31] Power Play: Chapter Seven

[32] Power Play: Chapter Eight

[54] BIONICLE Ignition #4: A Cold Light Dawns (Hakann and Thok battle)

[33] Power Play: Chapter Nine

You might put here somewhere "No One Gets Left Behind", another canonized fan story, since Legacy of Evil, is the book where Toa Varian appears, sort of.

[35] Legacy of Evil: Introduction

[36] Legacy of Evil: Chapter One

[37] Legacy of Evil: Chapter Two

[38] Legacy of Evil: Chapter Three

[39] Legacy of Evil: Chapter Four

[40] Legacy of Evil: Chapter Five

[41] Legacy of Evil: Chapter Six

[42] Legacy of Evil: Chapter Seven

[43] Legacy of Evil: Epilogue

[44] Inferno: Introduction

[45] Inferno: Chapter One

[46] Inferno: Chapter Two

[47] Inferno: Chapter Three

[48] Inferno: Chapter Four

[49] Inferno: Chapter Five

[54] BIONICLE Ignition #4: A Cold Light Dawns (rest of the comic)

[50] Inferno: Chapter Six

[51] Inferno: Chapter Seven

[55] BIONICLE Ignition #5: In Final Battle

[52] Inferno: Chapter Eight

[53] Inferno: Epilogue

[1] City of the Lost: Introduction

[2] City of the Lost: Chapter One

[3] City of the Lost: Chapter Two

[13] BIONICLE Ignition #6: Web Comic (this comic and the next portray the meeting of the Barraki where they talk about the Ignika, so they should go here)

[14] BIONICLE Ignition #7: Mask of Life, Mask of Doom

[15] BIONICLE Ignition #8: Sea of Darkness

(Zyglak scenes)

[4] City of the Lost: Chapter Three

[5] City of the Lost: Chapter Four

[6] Dreams of Destruction: Chapter One

[12] Dreams of Destruction: Chapter Two

[19] Dreams of Destruction: Chapter Three

[23] Dreams of Destruction: Chapter Four

[27] Dreams of Destruction: Chapter Five

(the first five DoD chapters are continuous, they should all go here)

[7] City of the Lost: Chapter Five

[8] City of the Lost: Chapter Six

[9] City of the Lost: Chapter Seven

[10] City of the Lost: Chapter Eight

[11] City of the Lost: Chapter Nine

[15] BIONICLE Ignition #8: Sea of Darkness (remaining part)

[17] Prisoners of the Pit: Introduction

[18] Prisoners of the Pit: Chapter One

[20] Prisoners of the Pit: Chapter Two

[21] Prisoners of the Pit: Chapter Three

[22] Prisoners of the Pit: Chapter Four

[31] BIONICLE Ignition #9: Battle in the Deep! (everything but the Hydraxon vs. Nocturn battle)

[24] Prisoners of the Pit: Chapter Five

[25] Prisoners of the Pit: Chapter Six

[26] Prisoners of the Pit: Chapter Seven

[29] Gali Nuva Blog: Entry One

[30] Prisoners of the Pit: Epilogue (ok, it is a bit strange to place the Epilogue before the last chapter, but as you rightly point out the Prisoners of the Pit epilogue must go along with the first two entries of the Gali Nuva Blog... and the Blog needs to take place more or less alongside Prisoners of the Pit, or even before its beginning, up until Entry Seven, since that is when Icarax escapes with the Staff of Artakha and goes to Mahri Nui to give the staff to Teridax in Into the Darkness, which takes place between Chapters 7 and 8 of Prisoners of the Pit. So you should either put the entries 1-7 here or mix them with City of the Lost and Prisoners of the Pit chapters.)

[34] Gali Nuva Blog: Entry Two

[36] Gali Nuva Blog: Entry Three

[38] Gali Nuva Blog: Entry Four

[39] Gali Nuva Blog: Entry Five

[41] Gali Nuva Blog: Entry Six

[42] Gali Nuva Blog: Entry Seven

[16] “The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet” (I think "The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet would ideally serve as prologue to "Into the Darkness")

[32] Into the Darkness: Chapter One (Into the Darkness takes place here, there is no other way; Matoro and Makuta are together right after the battle with Pridak's sharks; in addition in part 4 they meet Hahli who is with Mantax's manta rays, which again she joins between Prisoners of the Pit Chapter 7 and 8, and Chapter 7 takes place soon before Hydraxon tries to destroy the Ignika)

[35] Into the Darkness: Chapter Two

[37] Into the Darkness: Chapter Three

[40] Into the Darkness: Chapter Four

[33] Dreams of Destruction: Chapter Six (this goes here; Makuta has left the Pit with Matoro and the body of Tuyet, gone to Mahri Nui to retrieve the Staff of Artakha from Icarax and left again, when he meets Karzahni)

[44] Into the Darkness: Chapter Five

[45] Dreams of Destruction: Chapter Seven

[46] Into the Darkness: Chapter Six

[47] Dreams of Destruction: Chapter Eight

[48] Into the Darkness: Chapter Seven

[49] Dreams of Destruction: Chapter Nine

[52] Dreams of Destruction: Chapter Ten

[28] Prisoners of the Pit: Chapter Eight

[31] BIONICLE Ignition #9: Battle in the Deep! (Hydraxon vs. Nocturn battle)

[53] Downfall: Introduction

[54] Downfall: Chapter One

[55] Downfall: Chapter Two

[51] Into the Darkness: Chapter Eight

[43] Gali Nuva Blog: Entry Eight (I'd put these three last entries, since they all happen before the severing of the Cord, hence before the final battle of Mahri Nui... and this is the greatest time gap where to put them)

[50] Gali Nuva Blog: Entry Nine

[66] Gali Nuva Blog: Entry Ten

[56] Downfall: Chapter Three

[57] Downfall: Chapter Four, Part One

[58] Into the Darkness: Chapter Nine

[59] Downfall: Chapter Four, Part Two

[60] Downfall: Chapter Five

[61] Downfall: Chapter Six

[63] BIONICLE Ignition #10: The Death of Mata Nui

[62] Downfall: Chapter Seven

[64] BIONICLE Ignition #11: Death of a Hero

[65] The Underwater City: “Hydraxon’s Tale”

[67] Downfall: Epilogue

2008 - Phantoka

[1] Makuta’s Diary: Entry One (I don't like much Makuta's diary interspersed with the 2008 story, either, but that's your choice, so I've left the entries where they are)

[2] Shadows in the Sky: Introduction

[4] The Mutran Chronicles: Entry One

[5] The Mutran Chronicles: Entry Two

[6] The Mutran Chronicles: Entry Three

[7] The Mutran Chronicles: Entry Four

[8] The Mutran Chronicles: Entry Five

[9] Shadows in the Sky: Chapter One

[11] The Mutran Chronicles: Entry Six

[12] The Mutran Chronicles: Entry Seven

[13] The Mutran Chronicles: Entry Eight

[14] The Mutran Chronicles: Entry Nine

[15] The Mutran Chronicles: Entry Ten

[3] Federation of Fear: Chapter One (FoF happens entirely after the resurrection of Mata Nui, since before that Takadox and Carapar were still in the Pit)

[10] Federation of Fear: Chapter Two

[16] Shadows in the Sky: Chapter Two

[32] BIONICLE Ignition #12: Realm of Fear (beginning, before the Toa Nuva split)

[17] Federation of Fear: Chapter Three

[18] Shadows in the Sky: Chapter Three

[32] BIONICLE Ignition #12: Realm of Fear (second part) (from Chapter 4 on the plot is pretty continuous, so the Comic should go here, barring maybe only the Icarax scene...)

[33] BIONICLE Ignition #12.5 Script

[19] Federation of Fear: Chapter Four

[20] Shadows in the Sky: Chapter Four

[21] Federation of Fear: Chapter Five

[22] Shadows in the Sky: Chapter Five

[23] Federation of Fear: Chapter Six

[24] Shadows in the Sky: Chapter Six

[25] Federation of Fear: Chapter Seven

[26] Shadows in the Sky: Chapter Seven

[27] Federation of Fear: Chapter Eight

[28] Shadows in the Sky: Chapter Eight

[29] Federation of Fear: Chapter Nine

[30] Shadows in the Sky: Chapter Nine

[31] Federation of Fear: Chapter Ten

[34] Makuta’s Diary: Entry Two

[35] Shadows in the Sky: Epilogue

2008 - Mistika

1] Swamp of Secrets: Prologue

[2] Makuta’s Diary: Entry Three

[3] Swamp of Secrets: Chapter One

[4] Swamp of Secrets: Interlude One

[5] Swamp of Secrets: Chapter Two

[6] Swamp of Secrets: Interlude Two

[7] Makuta’s Diary: Entry Four

[8] Swamp of Secrets: Chapter Three

[31] BIONICLE Ignition #13: Swamp of Shadows (this clearly goes here)

[9] Swamp of Secrets: Interlude Three

[10] Swamp of Secrets: Chapter Four

[11] Swamp of Secrets: Interlude Four

[12] Swamp of Secrets: Chapter Five

[13] Swamp of Secrets: Interlude Five

[14] Makuta’s Diary: Entry Five

[15] Swamp of Secrets: Epilogue

2008 - Mata Nui Rising

[1] Makuta’s Diary: Entry Six

[2] The Final Battle: Prologue

[3] Brothers in Arms: Chapter One (I would put all the flashback chapters together, but it's your choice)

[5] Destiny War: Chapter One

[6] The Kingdom: Part One

[7] The Kingdom: Part Two

[8] Dark Mirror: Chapter One

[9] Brothers in Arms: Chapter Two

[4] Dwellers in Darkness: Chapter One (DiD 1 and 2 take place close together and as a consequence of Destiny War 1, where Ancient goes to persuade TSO to ally himself with the OoMN)

[10] Dwellers in Darkness: Chapter Two

[11] Destiny War: Chapter Two

[12] Dark Mirror: Chapter Two

[13] Dark Mirror: Chapter Three

[14] Brothers in Arms: Chapter Three

[15] Dark Mirror: Chapter Four

[16] The Final Battle: Chapter One

[17] Dark Mirror: Chapter Five

[18] Destiny War: Chapter Three

[19] Dark Mirror: Chapter Six

[20] Dwellers in Darkness: Chapter Three

[21] Dark Mirror: Chapter Seven

[22] Brothers in Arms: Chapter Four

[23] Dwellers in Darkness: Chapter Four

[24] Destiny War: Chapter Four

[25] Dark Mirror: Chapter Eight

[26] Brothers in Arms: Chapter Five

[27] Dwellers in Darkness: Chapter Five

[28] Destiny War: Chapter Five

[29] The Final Battle: Chapter Two

[30] Dark Mirror: Chapter Nine

[32] The Final Battle: Chapter Three (first scenes)

The entries of Takanuva's Blog featuring the Niazesk battle should go here, if you want to include them

[32] The Final Battle: Chapter Three (Toa Nuva assembly)

[33] Dwellers in Darkness: Chapter Six

[34] Destiny War: Chapter Six

[35] Dwellers in Darkness: Chapter Seven

[36] The Final Battle: Chapter Four

[37] Makuta’s Diary: Entry Seven

[38] The Final Battle: Chapter Five

[39] BIONICLE Ignition #14: Endgame

[40] Brothers in Arms: Chapter Six

[42] Destiny War: Chapter Seven

[45] Destiny War: Chapter Eight (this happens before DiD chapter 8, which is where Helryx jumps into the dimensional portal that we see in DiD 8)

[41] Dwellers in Darkness: Chapter Eight

[43] The Final Battle: Chapter Six

[44] Brothers in Arms: Chapter Seven

[46] The Final Battle: Chapter Seven

[47] Brothers in Arms: Chapter Eight

[48] The Final Battle: Chapter Eight

[49] Dwellers in Darkness: Chapter Nine

[50] Destiny War: Chapter Nine

[51] The Final Battle: Epilogue

[52] BIONICLE Ignition #15: Mata Nui Rising

[53] Brothers in Arms: Chapter Nine

[54] Makuta’s Diary: Entry Eight

I might advise you to compact the story sources a bit... rather than mix serials and books, group chapters of the same serials together wherever the chronology allows it, so as to allow an easier read

2009-2010

[1] Legends of Bara Magna: “Fall and Rise of the Skrall”

[2] Legends of Bara Magna: “The Exile’s Tale”

[12] BIONICLE Glatorian #1: Sands of Bara Magna (the Bara Magna story starts with the first comic, I'd say)

The Hero Agori's adventures, portrayed in the My LEGO Network game, which has a walkthrough on BS01, take place here and just after EotS 1.

[3] Empire of the Skrall: Chapter One

[4] Empire of the Skrall: Chapter Two

[5] Empire of the Skrall: Chapter Three

You should include "The Crossing" here. It starts after the three EotS episodes, which is where, if I'm not mistaken, Malum loses the sword that he then gets Gresh and Strakk to retrieve.

[6] Empire of the Skrall: Chapter Four

[7] Empire of the Skrall: Chapter Five

[13] Riddle of the Great Beings: Chapter One

[16] BIONICLE Glatorian #2: The Fall of Atero (the fall of Atero is after EotS 5, where Tuma announces his plan to attack it... and RotGB 1 takes place just before the tournament)

[14] Reign of Shadows: Chapter One

[15] Riddle of the Great Beings: Chapter Two

[17] Reign of Shadows: Chapter Two

[18] Riddle of the Great Beings: Chapter Three

[19] Riddle of the Great Beings: Chapter Four

[20] Riddle of the Great Beings: Chapter Five

[21] Reign of Shadows: Chapter Three

[22] Riddle of the Great Beings: Chapter Six

[23] Riddle of the Great Beings: Chapter Seven

[24] Riddle of the Great Beings: Chapter Eight

[25] Reign of Shadows: Chapter Four

[8] Empire of the Skrall: Chapter Six (these chapters occur after the Fall of Atero, I'd say, but before Raid on Vulcanus, since Metus is heavily involved in that and would have no time to travel to the Black Spike Mountains)

[9] Empire of the Skrall: Chapter Seven

[10] Empire of the Skrall: Chapter Eight

[11] Empire of the Skrall: Chapter Nine

[26] Raid on Vulcanus: Chapter One

[27] Raid on Vulcanus: Chapter Two

[28] Reign of Shadows: Chapter Five

[29] Raid on Vulcanus: Chapter Three

[30] Raid on Vulcanus: Chapter Four

[31] Raid on Vulcanus: Chapter Five

[32] Reign of Shadows: Chapter Six

[33] Raid on Vulcanus: Chapter Six

[34] Raid on Vulcanus: Chapter Seven

[35] Reign of Shadows: Chapter Seven

[36] Raid on Vulcanus: Chapter Eight

[37] Raid on Vulcanus: Epilogue

[38] Reign of Shadows: Chapter Eight

[39] Legends of Bara Magna: “All Our Sins Remembered”

In theme with the Core War, you might also place here "Decadence", a canonized fan story on the Core War

[40] The Legend Reborn: Prologue

[41] BIONICLE Glatorian #3: A Hero Reborn

[42] Reign of Shadows: Chapter Nine

[43] The Legend Reborn: Chapter One

[44] The Legend Reborn: Chapter Two

[45] BIONICLE Glatorian #4: Before the Storm

[46] Reign of Shadows: Chapter Ten

[47] The Legend Reborn: Chapter Three

[48] The Legend Reborn: Chapter Four

[49] The Legend Reborn: Chapter Five

[50] The Legend Reborn: Chapter Six

[51] The Legend Reborn: Epilogue

[52] BIONICLE Glatorian #5: Valley of Fear

[53] Reign of Shadows: Chapter Eleven

[54] Journey’s End: Prologue

[55] Journey’s End: Chapter One

[56] Journey’s End: Chapter Two

[57] Journey’s End: Chapter Three

[58] Journey’s End: Chapter Four

[59] Journey’s End: Chapter Five

[60] Journey’s End: Chapter Six

[61] Journey’s End: Chapter Seven

[62] BIONICLE Glatorian #6: All That Glitters

[63] Journey’s End: Chapter Eight

[64] Journey’s End: Chapter Nine

[65] Journey’s End: Chapter Ten

[66] Reign of Shadows: Chapter Twelve

[67] Journey’s End: Epilogue

[68] BIONICLE Glatorian #7: Rebirth

[69] Sahmad’s Tale: Chapter One

[70] Sahmad’s Tale: Chapter Two

[71] The Powers That Be: Chapter One

[72] The Yesterday Quest: Chapter One

[73] Sahmad’s Tale: Chapter Three

[74] The Powers That Be: Chapter Two

[75] Sahmad’s Tale: Chapter Four

[76] Sahmad’s Tale: Chapter Five

[77] The Yesterday Quest: Chapter Two

[78] The Powers That Be: Chapter Three

[79] Sahmad’s Tale: Chapter Six

[80] Sahmad’s Tale: Chapter Seven

[81] The Yesterday Quest: Chapter Three

[82] The Powers That Be: Chapter Four

Edited by Toa of Italy
  • Upvote 1

632461607_Bannerdefinitivopiccolo.png.8e4bc632ba965c6eaef9247ce71df1d7.png
My collection of epics: The Sanctum of Writing

19 hours ago, Toa of Italy said:

This is very impressive. While there have been other projects in recent months trying to collect all the Bionicle storyline, yours seems by far the best. What I truly appreciate is that you've tried to place the story sources in the right order, but you've also delivered it to us as it was originally. This way someone reading it has multiple ways to do it.

Wow, thanks! I'm really glad you like what I've done.

19 hours ago, Toa of Italy said:

That said, I've also found some discrepancies in how you've ordered everything. In general, I would recommend splitting the comics at times, since they do not always portray events in sequence.

To make it easier to understand, I've written the order I would give to the various extracts. I would split some of them (the comics especially), so I've tried to clarify what each piece corresponds to.

This is... really impressive. I know this must have taken a long time to write up, and I really appreciate the effort. Given how many points there are to discuss, I've responded to your suggestions using a Pastebin paste — two, actually.

The first isn't a direct response to your suggestions, it's just a quick summary of how I originally ordered things, and what rules I set for myself regarding accuracy and media integrity. You (along with anyone else who wants to) can read it here.

The second is a direct response to your suggestions. You can read it here. I don't think I addressed all of them, but many of the changes you suggested are on the agenda for the next update, and I'm definitely going to be looking over your post as I work on the new ordering. Speaking of which...

THE NEW ORDERING

I've been getting a lot of suggestions regarding restructuring the content on Wall of History, most notably from wadapan in my Discord server, and @Toatapio Nuva and @Toa of Italy here on BZPower. Many of the suggestions these three have given me have been unanimous, and as such, I'm soon going to begin working on implementing them. This will take some time, especially since I'm very busy with school right now, but I should have a revised ordering written up soon, which I'll post here before implementing on the site.

In the meantime, if anyone has any other suggestions they'd like to give me, I'd love to hear them! Feedback is always appreciated.

Edited by JSLBrowning

1 hour ago, JSLBrowning said:

This is... really impressive. I know this must have taken a long time to write up, and I really appreciate the effort. Given how many points there are to discuss, I've responded to your suggestions using a Pastebin paste — two, actually.

The first isn't a direct response to your suggestions, it's just a quick summary of how I originally ordered things, and what rules I set for myself regarding accuracy and media integrity. You (along with anyone else who wants to) can read it here.

The second is a direct response to your suggestions. You can read it here. I don't think I addressed all of them, but many of the changes you suggested are on the agenda for the next update, and I'm definitely going to be looking over your post as I work on the new ordering. Speaking of which...

Thanks.

I've read both documents and I guess I understand your decision not to split comics and chapters too much. In any case, as I said before, the advantage of your compilation is that if someone wants to read the storyline sources as they are originally (and use a personalised order) they can easily do it.

632461607_Bannerdefinitivopiccolo.png.8e4bc632ba965c6eaef9247ce71df1d7.png
My collection of epics: The Sanctum of Writing

So, I went through Toa of Italy's changes and made a Google doc with comments and remarks. I commented extensively on 2001-2007, but from that on I have fewer remarks, because the ordering of the serials is much more up to one's interpretation, and I didn't really have the time to go searching for an ideal order for all of those serials...

Actually, I recently sat down and tried to figure out the best ordering of the 2008 serials when I was making my 2008 timeline on thegreatarchives.com. The serials are messy, but it helps if you use the release dates of the serials as a baseline and rearrange things from there (new chapters were released in a cycle for Destiny War, Dwellers in Darkness, and Brothers in Arms, in that order). Here are my notes if you want them:

The Visorak Take Over Tobduk's Island

• ? BiA 6: A Makuta comes to Tobduk's island and develops the Visorak. The Visorak wipe out the village. The island is renamed Visorak. Tobduk and others escape to Nynrah and then Stelt.

Vultraz Kills Mazeka's Mentor

• ? BiA 1: Vultraz and Mazeka live in the same village on the Tren Krom Peninsula under Gorast's rule. Vultraz leaves and becomes a villain.
  • A few years before Vultraz and Mazeka fight BiA 1: Vultraz kills Mazeka's mentor. Mazeka is inspired to become a hero and starts clashing with Vultraz.

5 Years Ago: Mazeka Defeats Vultraz

• Five years ago BiA 1: On the Tren Krom peninsula, Vultraz wipes out a village of Matoran to get a rare lava-gem. Mazeka fights Vultraz and knocks him off a cliff, seemingly to his death. Gorast in disguise helps Mazeka climb to safety. Mazeka returns to his village to submit himself to justice.
  • Five years ago BiA 2.1: Gorast saves Vultraz and modifies his armor. She tasks him with finding Krakua.
  • BiA 2.2: Jerbraz recruits Mazeka to work for the Order and tasks him with protecting Krakua.
  • Five years ago BiA 3-4.1: Mazeka and Jerbraz go to the De-Matoran village to get Krakua. Vultraz attacks the village. Krakua gets away with Jerbraz. Vultraz bests Mazeka but spares him. Mazeka asks Jerbraz for training.

Federation of Fear

• FoF 1: Brutaka greets his team members in a cell on Daxia.
  • = FoF 2: Brutaka's team sails to Stelt.
  • FoF 2: Brutaka's team steals a boat from the Steltian trader.
  • = FoF 3: Brutaka's team is at sea for 3 days.
  • FoF 3: Spiriah takes over the ship with his Zyglak allies.
  • = FoF 4: Spiriah is in control of the ship for 3 days.
  • FoF 4: The ship reaches Zakaz. Ehlek's species destroys the Zyglak fleet. Brutaka takes over the ship again. Lariska joins the crew.
  • ? FoF 5: Icarax kills Botar. Trinuma stashes the weapons on Tren Krom's island and returns to Daxia.
  • FoF 5-6: Brutaka's team comes to Tren Krom's island. Tren Krom kills Carapar and releases the rest.
  • FoF 7: Brutaka's team arrives on Artidax. Takadox traps the others in a cave and makes his escape.
  • FoF 8-9: The team makes its way to the chamber where Miserix is imprisoned.
  • FoF 10: Miserix absorbs and kills Spiriah. The team frees Miserix. They fly on Miserix's back to the north.

Axonn Returns to Daxia; Ancient Recruits the Shadowed One

• DW 1.1: Botar's replacement and Krakua go to Voya Nui to bring Axonn to Daxia. Axonn meets Brutaka and Miserix on Daxia.
  • Concurrently with DW 1.1 DW 1.2: On Odina, Ancient gets a secret signal to recruit the Shadowed One to the Order's cause.
  • Concurrently with DW 1.1-1.2 DW 1.3: Trinuma releases Vezon to go on a mission. All six Piraka and Karzahni are being held prisoner on Daxia.
  • ? DiD 2: Helryx tells the Shadowed One to occupy Xia.

The Dark Hunters Take Xia

• DiD 1: The Toa Hagah subdue the Tahtorak and Kanohi Dragon on Xia. The Dark Hunter fleet comes to Xia.
  • DiD 2: Helryx comes to Xia with Botar's replacement and the four-armed warrior. Helryx stops the Shadowed One from destroying Xia. Helryx sends the Toa Hagah to Metru Nui with Zaktan.
  • DW 3.2: Botar's replacement takes the Toa Hagah to Metru Nui. They tell the Toa Mahri that they have come to destroy the Coliseum.
  • = DiD 3: The Toa Mahri and Toa Hagah fight, then become allies.
  • ? = DW 5.1: The Dark Hunters take over Xia in a matter of hours.

Axonn and Brutaka Go to Zakaz

• DW 2.1: Axonn and Brutaka go to Zakaz and "surrender" themselves to the Skakdi under Nektann's command.
  • Concurrently with DW 2.1 DW 2.2: Miserix harasses the Steltian trader and says he is looking for Teridax.
  • Concurrently with DW 2.1-2.2 DW 2.3: Trinuma and Vezon sail toward Destral.
  • DW 3.1: Axonn and Brutaka convince Nektann to fight the Brotherhood.

Vezon Arrives on Destral

• ? DW 3.3: Trinuma drops Vezon off on Destral. Vezon is promptly captured by Rahkshi.
  • DW 3.3: Tridax interrogates Vezon. Vezon claims that the Destral's teleportation mechanism has been sabotaged.

Almost a Day Passes

• = DiD 3: The Toa Mahri and Toa Hagah spend hours planning how to get beneath the Coliseum.
  • = DiD 3: The Toa Mahri and Toa Hagah spend more time convincing the Turaga to agree to their plan.
  • = DiD 3: The Toa Mahri and Toa Hagah spend half a day preparing for their plan to get beneath the Coliseum.

The War Does Not Begin Well for the Order

• ? DW 7: Helryx convinces Keetongu to help the Order fight the Brotherhood. In return, she promises to eliminate the Visorak.
  • ? DW 4.1: The Brotherhood uses the Makuta pool island as a staging area for an invasion of the mainland. Rahkshi wipe out the island's Matoran population.
  • = DW 4.2: The war against the Brotherhood has not begun well. The Order controls Xia via the Dark Hunters, but they have been unable to beat the Brotherhood on Nynrah. In other places, the Order's surprise attacks meet with unexpectedly strong resistance from Rahkshi and Exo-Toa.
  • ? DW 4.2: Given the state of the war, Helryx makes two difficult decisions. First, she sends Johmak to Metru Nui with the Heart of the Visorak. The Toa Mahri will be tasked with taking it to Artidax to wipe out the Visorak. Second, she sends a messenger to tell Hydraxon to free the Barraki from the Pit.

The Toa Hagah Go Below the Coliseum; The Order Frees the Barraki

• DiD 3: The Toa lift the Coliseum, and the Toa Hagah go below.
  • DW 4.2: Helryx sits in the command chamber on Daxia.
  • DW 4.3: Hydraxon receives Helryx's orders. Hydraxon and Lesovikk free the Barraki.
  • DiD 4: Moments after the Toa Hagah go beneath the Coliseum, Johmak sends the Toa Mahri to Artidax. Jaller, Nuparu, and Hahli go while Hewkii and Kongu stay.
  • DiD 4: Within the hour, Jaller, Nuparu, and Hahli leave by ship.
  • DiD 4: Johmak knocks Hewkii and Kongu unconscious.

Multiple Days Pass

• = DiD 4: Jaller, Nuparu, and Hahli have a long, uneventful trip to Artidax. It lasts for multiple days.
  • = DW 5.3 Pridak raises an army.

Icarax Summons Vultraz to Karda Nui

• ? After Toa Ignika beats Icarax BiA 7.1-7.2: Icarax summons Vultraz to Karda Nui via telepathy to bring him information about the place where the Makuta were created, presumably so he can heal himself.
  • ? BiA 4.2: A rogue Nynrah ghost helps Vultraz modify his vehicle. Vultraz is planning to go to Karda Nui to bring something to Icarax.
  • ? BiA 4.2: Vultraz raids a village on an island not far from Stelt. BiA 7.2: This is because he has to track down the place where he hid the tablets he stole.

Mazeka Goes to Stelt

• BiA 4.2: Mazeka goes to Stelt, which is in an uproar after Miserix's visit. Mazeka has his swamp strider at this point. He learns from the rogue Nynrah Ghost that Vultraz has gone to Karda Nui.

Other Stuff

• ? DW 5.3 Pridak defeats Brotherhood forces on the island where Zaktan found the Plan.
  • ? DiD 4: A short time before the Toa come to Artidax, two Order agents (including Botar's replacement?) teleport to Artidax and leave equipment to make the volcano erupt, then abruptly leave. Takadox is trapped on Artidax and watches them.

Mazeka Goes to Daxia

• BiA 5: Mazeka goes to Daxia without proper clearance to ask Helryx where Karda Nui is. Many Order members are away fighting the war. Mazeka finds Tobduk instead. Mazeka agrees to help Tobduk on a mission in exchange for information.

The Toa Arrive on Artidax

• DiD 4: Jaller, Nuparu, and Hahli arrive on Artidax. Takadox hypnotizes them and escapes on their boat.
  • DiD 6: Teridax rouses Jaller, and Jaller, Nuparu, and Hahli escape Artidax. The Visorak are obliterated. The Toa Mahri head toward Metru Nui.
  • DW 9: = ? Jaller, Nuparu, and Hahli take a long time to return to Metru Nui from Artidax.

The Order Attacks Destral; The Shadowed One Finds the Viruses

• DW 5.1: The Shadowed One discovers the Makuta viruses on Xia.
  • DW 5.2: After checking Destral's teleportation mechanism, Tridax continues interrogating Vezon. The Order launches its attack on Destral. Tridax goes to teleport Destral to Metru Nui.
  • Concurrently with DW 5.2 DW 5.3: Pridak finds the same chamber where Zaktan once saw the Plan.
  • DW 6.2: Ancient walks in on the Shadowed One with the Makuta viruses. The Shadowed One kills Ancient.
  • DW 6.3: Vezon follows Tridax to the chamber with the Takanuva army. Tridax reveals that he has an Olmak. Mazeka and Tobduk attack Tridax.
  • BiA 6: Mazeka lets Vezon escape. Tobduk incinerates Tridax. Tobduk and Mazeka leave Destral as the fortress is being destroyed. Vezon doubles back to the Takanuva army.

The War Turns against the Brotherhood (Note: This should probably be before Helryx becomes unavailable in DW 7)

• = The Order builds major fortifications on Metru Nui and confines the Turaga to the Coliseum.
  • = DW 8.2: Over a number of days, Metru Nui is fortified. The fortunes of war turn against the Brotherhood. Many Makuta-held islands fall. Destral itself falls.
  • = DW 4.1: Axonn and Brutaka bring the Skakdi army to the Makuta pool island. The Skakdi defeat the Rahkshi army there.
  • ? DW 7: After a long and furious battle, the Order drives Brotherhood forces from Nynrah.
  • ? = BiA 7: Mazeka spends time getting the location of Karda Nui from Tobduk, then getting his swamp strider from Daxia. Finally, he goes to Karda Nui.

Miserix Rescues the Toa Hagah

• DiD 5: The Toa Hagah go down the tunnel. They find an inscription that mentions Bara Magna. They run into a magnetic trap.
  • DiD 7: Miserix saves the Toa Hagah.

The Toa Hagah and Miserix Travel for Hours

• = DiD 7: The Toa Hagah and Miserix travel through the tunnel for hours.
  • DiD 8.1: The Makuta have suffered serious defeats but are not yet vanquished.
  • DiD 8.1: The Order decides to make Metru Nui the site of the final battle.

Mazeka and Vultraz Go to the Melding Universe

• BiA 7.1-7.4: Mazeka arrives in the Karda Nui swamp. The Toa and Makuta are locked in battle there. Mazeka looks for Vultraz. Vultraz is on his way to Icarax when he spots Mazeka and attacks him. Mazeka and Vultraz fall through a portal that opens up between them.
  • BiA 7.4-8: Mazeka and Vultraz find themselves on Spherus Magna in the Melding universe, where they meet "Toa" Macku and "Matoran" Helryx. They learn about the war over energized protodermis and how the Shattering was prevented. Macku directs them to the Great Beings.

Helryx and Keetongu Discover the EP Lake Island

• DW 7: After the battle on Nynrah, Keetongu accompanies Helryx. Helryx discovers the energized protodermis lake island with her mask power.
  • DW 7: = Helryx and Keetongu take a short journey to the EP lake island.

Voporak Steals the Vahi

• = DW 8.2: In recent days, Metru Nui has been fortified. The fortunes of war have turned against the Brotherhood. Many Makuta-held islands have fallen. Destral has fallen.
  • DW 8.2: Voporak steals the Vahi from the Coliseum and kills the four-armed warrior.

Axonn and Brutaka Find the Makuta Pool (NOTE: This has to be moved right before DiD 7)

• DW 4.1: As the Skakdi-Rahkshi battle winds down, Axonn and Brutaka find the Makuta pool and fall in.
  • DW 6.1: Brutaka absorbs the essence of the Makuta species. He saves Axonn and insists on going to the secret chamber beneath Metru Nui to stop Teridax.
  • DiD 8.2: Brutaka insists they go to the chamber beneath Metru Nui right away.

Helryx and Keeetongu Meet the Energized Protodermis Entity (NOTE: This has to be moved right before DiD 7)

• DW 7: Helryx and Keetongu go to the energized protodermis lake island. The energized protodermis entity sends a wave of energized protodermis at Helryx and Keetongu.
  • DW 8.1: A portal opens behind Helryx and Keetongu, and they escape through it. Vezon, wearing the Destral Olmak, comes out of the portal and is hit by the energized protodermis.

Other Things

• DW 8.3: Kalmah, Mantax, and Ehlek go to Xia on behalf of Pridak to strike a deal with the Shadowed One regarding the Makuta viruses. The Shadowed One agrees to meet Pridak in Karzahni.
  • DiD 8.1: Hewkii and Kongu awaken. Johmak explains that the Order has fortified Metru Nui and leaked information to make it a target for the Brotherhood. The Brotherhood has suffered serious defeats but is not yet vanquished.

Teridax Is Found in the Control Room

• DiD 7: The Toa Hagah and Miserix reach the control room. They find the two Glatorian corpses. A portal opens by them.
  • DiD 8.2: Helryx and Keetongu come out of the portal. Then Axonn and Brutaka come out of the portal. Teridax shatters Brutaka's mask and destroys Zaktan.
  • DiD 8.3: Destral is in ruins. The Order sweeps the island for survivors and loot. Vezon has already left using the Olmak. One of the dark Takanuvas emerges from his canister.
  • Must come before Mata Nui's awakening DiD 9: Brutaka reveals that Mata Nui is the Matoran universe, and that Teridax has taken control of it. Teridax turns Miserix into a picture on the wall, traps the Toa Hagah in an illusion, and teleports Axonn, Brutaka, and Keetongu to the southern edge of the Matoran universe. He keeps Helryx captive as someone to talk to.

Battle of Metru Nui

• DW 9: Jaller, Nuparu, and Hahli return to Metru Nui in the middle of the battle. They find Vakama and make a plan to awaken the Bohrok using Krakua's power.
  • DW 9: Hahli finds Krakua and tells him the plan.
  • DW 9: Hahli leaves in order to try to wreck the Makuta fleet in the water, but before she gets started, Mata Nui is awakened.
  • DW 9: Mata Nui is awakened.
  • DW 9: A storm wrecks the Makuta ships. The Rahkshi keep coming, but the Bohrok fight against them. The Toa Nuva arrive in their battle vehicles. The Rahkshi are driven out of the city.
  • DW 9: Vakama and Dume announce that tomorrow will be a city-wide celebration in the Coliseum.
  • DW 9: Hahli worries that victory came too easily and heads to Ga-Metru.

Mazeka Returns with Light Teridax

• BiA 9: = Light Teridax leads Mazeka and Vultraz on a long journey to the Great Beings' fortress.
  • BiA 9: The Great Beings see that Vultraz is filled with shadow. The Great Beings decide to keep Vultraz for study and send light Teridax home to Mazeka's universe in exchange.

On 10/2/2019 at 1:32 PM, Toatapio Nuva said:

So, I went through Toa of Italy's changes and made a Google doc with comments and remarks. I commented extensively on 2001-2007, but from that on I have fewer remarks, because the ordering of the serials is much more up to one's interpretation, and I didn't really have the time to go searching for an ideal order for all of those serials...

Thank you! I really appreciate all the effort. I'm still pretty swamped with homework at the moment, but I should be able to go over your Doc within the next couple of days.

14 hours ago, Planetperson said:

Actually, I recently sat down and tried to figure out the best ordering of the 2008 serials when I was making my 2008 timeline on thegreatarchives.com. The serials are messy, but it helps if you use the release dates of the serials as a baseline and rearrange things from there (new chapters were released in a cycle for Destiny War, Dwellers in Darkness, and Brothers in Arms, in that order). Here are my notes if you want them:

This will definitely be a big help! I'll be sure to consult your timeline and your notes when working on the new ordering. Also, where did you find the release dates for the serial chapters? As far as I'm aware, the BMP mirror of the 2010 BIONICLEstory.com is the only place they're hosted in their original form, and it doesn't appear to have release dates for anything...

2 hours ago, JSLBrowning said:

This will definitely be a big help! I'll be sure to consult your timeline and your notes when working on the new ordering. Also, where did you find the release dates for the serial chapters? As far as I'm aware, the BMP mirror of the 2010 BIONICLEstory.com is the only place they're hosted in their original form, and it doesn't appear to have release dates for anything...

The BZPower news archives actually have all that information. Some of my timelines are a bit iffy in places, but the 2001-2004 ones are pretty solid.

1 hour ago, Planetperson said:

The BZPower news archives actually have all that information.

Wow, I can't believe I never thought to check the news archives... I've actually been wanting to put release dates on everything on Wall of History, so... that'll be helpful! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a few quick points that came up:

1. Onua's introductory book chapter has an odd error in it. Where the original text uses "you don't seem too certain about our success", the website says "you don't seem too certain about your sources".

2. There are several style guide excerpts missing from the website, even though you've used some of them. Is that intentional?

On 10/20/2019 at 2:37 PM, RWallace said:

Just dropping by to express how wonderful this project is progressing! I’m loving the care and scans that are going into this.

Thanks! I'm really glad you're liking it.

On 10/21/2019 at 7:35 AM, Toatapio Nuva said:

Just a few quick points that came up:

1. Onua's introductory book chapter has an odd error in it. Where the original text uses "you don't seem too certain about our success", the website says "you don't seem too certain about your sources".

2. There are several style guide excerpts missing from the website, even though you've used some of them. Is that intentional?

I'll fix that error in Onua's chapter when I get home tonight. Thanks for pointing that out.

As for the style guide excerpts, yes, that's intentional. Only the excerpts that contain original content are woven into the narrative. I figured three different versions of the Toa's battle with Makuta, for example, would be a bit much. Many of the missing ones are on the website, though, and can be found here (the rest are gonna be added soon).