Will we ever see another constraction system that replaces CCBS?

Tahu3.0

With the current state of LEGO is it really possible to see a successor to CCBS? Honestly CCBS is great and in some ways it could be argued that it's perfect, but it could be improved. I myself believe that CCBS could be "specially" made to fit themes. For example, for more robotic themes they can use more robotic shaped pieces and for more human themes they use more human shaped pieces. This could also be seen as a downgrade, but these systems are meant to merge perfectly unlike let's say the Ben 10 theme and G1 Bionicle.

BTW, just to elaborate I'm mostly referring to the bone pieces of CCBS that could be changed to fit with specific themes.

Edited by Tahu3.0

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

I could see LEGO replacing CCBS, especially if they think it will freshen up constraction for new buyers, and especially if we go 5-10 years before they decide to revive constraction in force. At that point, the molds for the CCBS pieces would be very old and/or worn out; they'd need to be updated, but replacing them would cost about the same amount of money, so they could do that.

• Upvote 1

I think a new system is the future of constraction outside of just making a theme that takes off like Bionicle did. The great thing about system Lego is that one brick can be used for so many different things so easily and you can just slap on some detailing/shaping pieces to sell a certain look or let the observer's imagination do the rest of the work. CCBS, while great, is too limited in its scope and what each piece could be used for. It was weird to have shells represent both tough robot armor and a SW character's pants; they're too generic for the CCBS scale.

The solution, I believe, is to make a new system that's easily integrated with System Lego. Let people use slopes and greebles to portray armor, machinery, or cloth as desired, and add all kinds of connection points to cover up gaps more easily. I believe Exo-Force was on the right track here, but was too limited to just being System and using ratchet joints. Combine the ball-and-socket elegance of CCBS with the limitless potential of System, and there's the future of constraction right there. A more detailed building system also allows for more complex and unique builds. The world's clearly not tired of System, and Lego doesn't have to always reinvent the wheel to keep it popular like with Bionicle, so why should constraction have to suffer the same limitations and always require new torso builds to feel fresh?

• Like 2

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"