What's the golden kanohi's powers, anyway?

Aside from looking cool, their power is having the abilities of all six of their Great Kanohi (Shielding, Vision, Water-breathing, Levitation, Speed and Strength) in a single mask. They can still only use one power at a time, but it means they no longer need to switch masks if they want to use a different power.

It's a small advantage, but even a small amount of time saved can be hugely useful in the right circumstances.

• Upvote 1

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

2 hours ago, Danska: Shadow Master said:

Aside from looking cool, their power is having the abilities of all six of their Great Kanohi (Shielding, Vision, Water-breathing, Levitation, Speed and Strength) in a single mask. They can still only use one power at a time, but it means they no longer need to switch masks if they want to use a different power.

It's a small advantage, but even a small amount of time saved can be hugely useful in the right circumstances.

In the Toa/Makuta MNOLG clip, Kopaka and Onua switch to the Kakama and Hau to use their powers even though they have gold masks.

1 hour ago, Sir Kohran said:

In the Toa/Makuta MNOLG clip, Kopaka and Onua switch to the Kakama and Hau to use their powers even though they have gold masks.

They don't when using other powers of their gold masks in the comics, though, which are considered the more canon depiction.

sigbanner.gif

2 hours ago, Sir Kohran said:

I believe that's one of the many areas where the MNOLG differs from canon (which is a shame as I usually prefer the MNOLG version of things to whatever replaces them). It's just there to make it clear which mask power they're using.

If I was to ignore canon and try to explain why their masks still change shape, I'd say it's the difference between the mask changing shape when they use its power, and them having to change masks before using the power. So for regular masks, the process would be

• Change mask
  • Activate new mask power

For gold masks, it would be

• Activate different mask power
  • Mask shape changes
  • Like 1

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

23 minutes ago, Danska: Shadow Master said:

For gold masks, it would be

• Activate different mask power
  • Mask shape changes

this is the explanation that makes the most sense from a canon standpoint, and also makes the process of using alternate mask powers with gold kanohi easy to grasp visually--a gold pakari being depicted using the power of a hau would be confusing to some, i'd think, but the pakari changing into the shape of a hau first makes perfect sense and gets the information across

EDIT: and i basically repeated previous info with more words, but that's a case of forumitis i suppose

Edited by King of Kings

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)