[MOC] Tarix: Revamp

BrickPharaoh

Tarix Revamp

My favourite Glatorian reimagined more prominently as a gladiator, with some asymmetry throughout. Wanted to keep the clever horns used on the shoulder armour on one side, which necessitated that the arms be different. Started this in late November of last year and only managed to finish it around last July, off the back of my unceremonious BioCup R1 crash-out. 

48220306271_727efc089b.jpg

Tarix Revamp by Mohamed Marei, on Flickr

More MOCs coming soon(ish)?)!

:tohu:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

13 hours ago, Axelford said:

Nice use of Ben 10 pieces. Btw when is the next biocup?

Thanks!

The BioCup  is usually held over summer; it starts mid-to-late June of each year, judging by the last couple years.

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Very nice! The trident is very sleek, and I like the way he holds the swords WAY more than in the actual set! I think I see that they can be stored on his back somehow, but (just throwing an idea out there) have you experimented with some sort of hip scabbard system? Just based on the photos it looks like they could even just rest under the heel of the foot/armor pieces. Just a thought :) 

Definitely getting some ceremonial armor vibes as well. Can totally se Tarix pulling this out of storage, dusting it off and wearing it for the opening of New Atero or something like that. Well done!  

Sig..gif.a3346491b24c9bc3827e18c57ef3b7ff.gif.6f7ce54313e70f1931299845e4d29d20.gif

@MoarBotar @Master Inika yeah the ceremonial armor vibes are a bit interspersed within the original design motif of wanting to create OTT Gladiator-like armor. I guess it's  a good thing that you guys perceive it in this way. 

15 hours ago, MoarBotar said:

Very nice! The trident is very sleek, and I like the way he holds the swords WAY more than in the actual set! I think I see that they can be stored on his back somehow, but (just throwing an idea out there) have you experimented with some sort of hip scabbard system? Just based on the photos it looks like they could even just rest under the heel of the foot/armor pieces. Just a thought :) 

Definitely getting some ceremonial armor vibes as well. Can totally se Tarix pulling this out of storage, dusting it off and wearing it for the opening of New Atero or something like that. Well done!  

I was originally trying to give him some sort of Katana battle skirt but that proved a bit tricky with the shaping I had going on. I might look into revisiting the whole MOC again at some point, and hopefully augmenting these aspects in the next version.

Thanks for all your comments!