Krekka’s arms or staffs?

Hi, guys! You know Krekka, right? Well, I’m his Lego set, he has those staff-like things on his blue arms. In the movie, Legends of Metru Nui in 2004, these things are his even-looking forearms with hands rathe than claws. So, in canon, are those things his uneven staffs or arms? It’s strange when you look at them.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Personally, I always liked to believe that those were part of his arms, with the claw-like bits being his "hands." However, if I'm remembering correctly, one of the comics shows him without his weapons. I think the one where he and Nidhiki confront Vakama, Nokama, and Matau on an airship, and Krekka almost gets thrown out or something. In the process, he's forced to drop his tools and hold on to a ledge with his actual hand, which is the lowermost blue piece. So, despite my headcanon, I believe that those are canonically just weapons rather than part of his arms.

Correction. The comic was actually #25: Birth of the Rahaga, when Norik and Iruini storm a Brotherhood fortress to claim the Kanohi Avohkii. Krekka is shown without his tools strangling Iruini before the Toa slams him into a rock wall.

Edited by The 1st Shadow

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

The biosector page says nothing about the weapons, and based on the fact that the piece for the Staff of Erasing was new that year, I feel like it would be explicitly mentioned if he carried one, so I guess they're his arms. 

I never thought of them like that (always assumed they were just tools), but honestly I like them as arms much better now you mention it 

Sig..gif.a3346491b24c9bc3827e18c57ef3b7ff.gif.6f7ce54313e70f1931299845e4d29d20.gif

Looking at him now I'd say yes, those two parts represent his arms in an uneven way (which wouldn't be unheard of looking at the Toa Mata, for example).

Krekka_Set.PNG

However, this now leads me to wonder, where does he shoot his energy webs from? BS01 states it's a device... maybe that small cone below his Kanoka Launcher?

I'm Vrokdann in Skyrise: Ascent, and Luntep in the BZPRPG.

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

6 hours ago, MoarBotar said:

The biosector page says nothing about the weapons, and based on the fact that the piece for the Staff of Erasing was new that year, I feel like it would be explicitly mentioned if he carried one, so I guess they're his arms. 

I never thought of them like that (always assumed they were just tools), but honestly I like them as arms much better now you mention it 

His actual hands might have had to be replaced with prosthetics or something.

• Like 1
RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

Even if they're tools, his arms are still uneven. I distinctly remember, in the scene of him approaching Lhikan on the bridge, he's holding one arm higher than the other. I might be reading too much into it, but maybe the heavier arm has the prostetic web launcher.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

13 hours ago, Laval- Master of Energy said:

His actual hands might have had to be replaced with prosthetics or something.

That actually makes a whole tonne of sense, imo.

I know, as a kid, I just assumed they were tools he was holding, and only started to reconsider that assumption some years afterwards. But even then, I was never completely sure; the way they went from dark blue and limb-like to silver and weapon-like was never something I could quite reconcile in my head. In the end, it was mostly the fact that, if they were weapons, it made his actual arms unreasonably short that sold me on the idea of them being his hands.

But now that you mention it, the idea of them being prosthetics looks perfect to me. It explains their varying design, while at the same time keeping them as part of him... I really like that theory ^^

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

1 hour ago, Darth Jaller said:

That actually makes a whole tonne of sense, imo.

I know, as a kid, I just assumed they were tools he was holding, and only started to reconsider that assumption some years afterwards. But even then, I was never completely sure; the way they went from dark blue and limb-like to silver and weapon-like was never something I could quite reconcile in my head. In the end, it was mostly the fact that, if they were weapons, it made his actual arms unreasonably short that sold me on the idea of them being his hands.

But now that you mention it, the idea of them being prosthetics looks perfect to me. It explains their varying design, while at the same time keeping them as part of him... I really like that theory ^^

It's also pretty fitting for a Dark Hunter - a lot of them had various modifications and/or mutations.

• Upvote 1

sigbanner.gif

21 hours ago, Lipuret McKaukau said:

However, this now leads me to wonder, where does he shoot his energy webs from? BS01 states it's a device... maybe that small cone below his Kanoka Launcher?

I always thought of them as coming directly from the kanoka launcher as well. It might not make much sense, but launchers with more than one kind of ammo are cool.

10 hours ago, Master Inika said:

Even if they're tools, his arms are still uneven. I distinctly remember, in the scene of him approaching Lhikan on the bridge, he's holding one arm higher than the other. I might be reading too much into it, but maybe the heavier arm has the prostetic web launcher.

Man this reminds of when I was a kid, I accidentally put together Krekka wrong and one of the shoulder/arm assemblies was higher up than the other.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TuragaNuva said:

It's also pretty fitting for a Dark Hunter - a lot of them had various modifications and/or mutations.

I like this theory too! I feel like it makes sense with Krekka's not-too-bright character... Like he blew off his own hand by accident or something...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Sig..gif.a3346491b24c9bc3827e18c57ef3b7ff.gif.6f7ce54313e70f1931299845e4d29d20.gif

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, wild toa said:

That totally makes sense, and it sounds like something Krekka would do

I see as well.

I wonder what about his eyes, though? I mean, in the set box, comics, and Bionicle Heroes, he has three eyes (the yellow or red glowing things on his Vahki nose), making his left big red bulb-like eye on the left side of his face look like a scope for his disk launcher, but in the set and movie, Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui, he has one eye, which is the bulb-like eye. Dark Hunters can do weird surgery on others, but Krekka’s a weird guy all over.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, wild toa said:

very true. and as for the eye, I always thought that the bulb thing was a replacement eye, as if he lost one. but now that I think about it, he does have three in most images.

hmmmm...

I had always assumed the "eyes" on his white Vahki head were mistakenly depicted like that, and that he had one red eye and the knocked-out one. Nidhiki has a similar problem, since he actually has the normal Vahki eye piece. The "eyes" on their box art are more like nostrils if you don't see them colored in.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 4 weeks later...

I like to think that he only has the one replacement eye (mainly because I love the thought of him losing one eye in an accident, getting the replacement, and then losing the other good eye in a similar accident... "No, we aren't gonna give you a second replacement eye. You'll just break it.") So I always thought that the box art was a mistake... 

Maybe he is blind in his original eyes? (They are there but don't work)

• Like 1