An unsubstantiated rumor I heard

Sir Keksalot

On a Discord server, I saw a guy make this claim:

image.png.57b3f484992fe9eeeb67cbab421d233b.png

For context, I posted a video about Voriki and people asked who he was, and I don't believe that this is where he came from--we all know he was a hoax--but I'm curious where this information comes from. Is it legit, or just a load of nonsense?

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

I've never heard anything to this effect myself. The early Boneheads protos are kind of all over the place and its hard to get a grasp of how many of them they were thinking of producing, but once things were focused down we only see evidence of six. The RoboRiders set a precedent for a collection of six as well.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

That makes no sense. It sounded that originally, in 2001, in Bionicle, that there were going to be seven Toa, but it’s just six due to story relevance. In 2003, we have Takanuva as the seventh Toa. Maybe Takanuva was going to appear in the 2001 storyline? It does explain why the Bionicle: Quest for the Toa and Mata Nui Online Game in 2001 focused on Takua, because of that and he turned into Takanuva in 2003, anyway. Just saying my theory about this rumor.

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Like 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Originally there were actually Four Toa during the early development process. Fire (Flame), Water (Hook), Earth (Claw) and Air (Axe). Then Ice (Blade) and Stone (Kick) got added to the team before Alastair Swinerton flipped open a English-Maori dictionary and the rest was history...

Edited by Xboxtravis
  • Like 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

On 3/13/2020 at 1:42 AM, Lenny7092 said:

That makes no sense. It sounded that originally, in 2001, in Bionicle, that there were going to be seven Toa, but it’s just six due to story relevance. In 2003, we have Takanuva as the seventh Toa. Maybe Takanuva was going to appear in the 2001 storyline? It does explain why the Bionicle: Quest for the Toa and Mata Nui Online Game in 2001 focused on Takua, because of that and he turned into Takanuva in 2003, anyway. Just saying my theory about this rumor.

I don't know anything about the rumor, but that makes sense! Especially since those games did focus on Takua, I wouldn't find it surprising if they had that concept on the backburner til 2003.

On 3/13/2020 at 10:25 AM, Xboxtravis said:

Originally there were actually Four Toa during the early development process. Fire (Flame), Water (Hook), Earth (Claw) and Air (Axe). Then Ice (Blade) and Stone (Kick) got added to the team before Alastair Swinerton flipped open a English-Maori dictionary and the rest was history...

After seeing The Last Airbender series, I always questioned why Bionicle split water & ice and stone & earth. Why were they added? Just to make 6?

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

58 minutes ago, Evergrey: Toa of Music said:

I don't know anything about the rumor, but that makes sense! Especially since those games did focus on Takua, I wouldn't find it surprising if they had that concept on the backburner til 2003.

According to Alastair Swinnerton, yes. In one of our conversations he said he came up with the idea of Takua and the Seventh Toa at the same time. Also worth nothing is that he was a story consultant for the Quest for the Toa game, so he was very much involved in planning Takua's journey from the beginning.

Edited by The Shadow Imperator