Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Jutori - Campsite

Jutori shrugged, sledgehammer over his shoulder. "Sure. Better than us having to deal with those things down there."

@Snelly@~Xemnas~@pokemonlover360@Onaku@Harvali

IC: Datrox Karvan - Navu's Hut

In the depths of unconsciousness, Datrox had the feeling there was more than one entity near him. If he had just had his powers...

Maybe Falh had spared him, placed him in a corner to admire. The late Datrox Karvan, the swordsman. The one thing that was in Falh's way. He'd find a way out eventually if that was the case.

He'd not wasted his second chance, he thought. His final act was stopping a madman from going on a rampage, a Toa of Ice he came to realize was his mirror image. Or at least trying to do so, only for his newfound sense of mercy to be his downfall.

Datrox still had many regrets, and at the moment he regretted sparing Falh.

The knife plunged into his chest, and Datrox's thoughts turned into a flash of colors and faces.

All that was left for him were the spectres.

@Dane-gerous@Eyru

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Parnassus | Mega's Scrapshop

For a moment, Parnassus said nothing.

Then, they laughed. They laughed long and hard -- longer and harder, perhaps, than most would have been comfortable with.

"You're very clever, Barius," the Aspect said. "Just friends it is, then."

OOC: @Burnmad

IC: Irna | Waveahk's Hauler

"If Skorm is already on his way into the village, perhaps the rest of us should wait here," Irna said. "If this really was caused by Kei's light powers, he may be the person most suited to explain what happened."

OOC: @Toru Nui

-Void

• Like 4

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Metru-Koro Outskirts, Cargo Hauler)

"Oh, very well..." Tekmo resigned and sat back down in his seat, as the hauler slowly came to a halt a fair distance away from the gates of Metru-Koro.

"This should be safe distance enough," said Waveahk. "Now, we just have to hope that they'll actually listen to Skorm, and that they can treat us."

@Conway@Burnmad@Tarn@Snelly@TL01 NUVA

Edited by Toru Nui

OOC: @Toru Nui, I think the Vahki can find their way to their destination from here. You know where this is headed, follow the thumping noise and feel free to write the rest of their journey to the cavern.

IC [Strange tunnels - Making new friends]:

Without the Vahki’s mandible flashlights it was once again nearly pitch black. Some light would definitely be useful here. Triki slowly edged ahead. He still thought he could see movement, but it was different from before, less writhing, and more rhythmic now -  and he could now feel a slightly warm breeze as well. The creature he had reconstituted had to be very large - large enough to dig this tunnel they were in. He’d only tried to target the section of wall, not knowing its true nature. How long would the effect of his powers last on something this size? 

OOC: @xccj @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva

IC [Strange Tunnels - Rip and Tear]:

The warrior struggled against his physically far stronger captor, who was equally trying to drag him away while also using him as a living shield. Figures. He was trying to guess the odds of him getting killed by these newcomers accidentally through their crossfire, when he suddenly spotted a shadowy tendril racing for him. For a moment, he feared the worst, but instead he felt the pressure around his wrists and ankles disappear as the straps holding him were severed.

Just then, a Rhotuka was launched from another would-be rescuer jumping into the fray. The warrior immediately reacted and rammed his elbow into his captor’s diaphragm, then ducked. The Mesi brute had been too preoccupied to notice the sacrifice had regained his mobility and the elbow strike caught him completely off guard. Staggering backwards, he was hit squarely in the chest by the Rhotuka, suffering its full effect. Vent didn’t have time to admire the effect however, now facing three Mesi warriors. One had a blade in each hand, the other a club and the third a blade and shield. They moved to strike the Tiohaka.

Providence only had enough time to cut the bonds, the next instant, he was beset by a duo of Mesi using their combined elements to rapidly grow strangling vines from the ground around him, which simultaneously turned very soft to the point it became hard to maintain stable footing. 

Zak-Yak’s mechanical arm impacted the side of the Shaman. Something squelched with the impact that he luckily couldn’t see. What he could see and hear was the elder Mesi disappearing over the edge of the well with a wail. He briefly thought he saw something writhing within, rising to welcome the falling shaman - but that had to be a trick of the dancing shadows cast by the torches. Speaking of shadows: He saw Providence manage to cut the warrior’s bonds and the resulting action, which left him face to face with the former captive. He could see the dents, lacerations and other abuse this being had suffered at the Mesi’s hands. Before this, this one must have looked positively regal. The warrior on the other hand, looking at Zak-Yak, just saw another Mesi before him - and so he lunged at him with a yell. 

OOC: @Burnmad @Snelly @Dane-gerous

IC [Stannis’ Vault - All around me are familiar faces...]

As Oreius moved to scroll through the list of holos, he accidentally brushed against another button, which instead played back one of the recordings. The image of a Toa appeared. She was clad in sleek, blue armor and a wrapped length of maroon cloth was riding low on her waist. Two small silver rings pierced the edge of her mask just next to the audio receptors and white, tribal markings adorned her right shoulder and upper arm.  She carried a silver protodermis staff slung across her back, another piece of cloth wrapped around one end. There was an inherent kindness to her face, but her azure eyes looked deeply sad somehow. Oreius knew this figure quite well as well.

“Stannis…” the recording said, “I’m sorry. I know your faith has been rewarded thus far, but I can not in good conscience follow you this time. I  hope this isn't goodbye, but I have to stay and save those that can be saved - here and now. I can’t abandon them to their fate to hunt down a vague rumor. I hope you find what you’re looking for and that it can help us the way you say it might. I wish you luck on your journey, brother.”  

OOC: @Eyru, I asked EW if I could sneak in a cameo and he was cool with it. You can pay this as much or little attention as you like, it's just a bit of extra flavor =)

• Like 4

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: NU-8020S (Tunnels)

The Vahki followed the rhythm through the tunnels, followed by Mahryo and possibly Lueiji, NU-8020S did not want to waste the energy it would take to check if he was. At least they were intelligent enough to recognize the sheer worthlessness of that insufferable little mutant.

The Matoran created the Vahki to be their protectors, to shield them while their idiotic Toa died in droves. The Matoran adored the Toa, but did they ever adore the Vahki? No. They whined, they complained, they grew lazy, they deliberately exploited minor flaws in the programming of early units. For fun. Miserable, vile little creatures. They deserved to be enslaved by the Barraki, to be enslaved as she and her people were. The thought of Triki dying horribly... made her happy.

In any case, NU-8020S, her squad and hangers-on continued to traverse the tunnels in the direction of the noise...

@Vezok's Friend@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva

IC: Mega - Zakaz, The Wastes (Outside The Van)

Mega scratched her head with a free hand, unsure of what to say or how to phrase it.

"Well...Yaushe here is a bit of a poltergiest, I guess. Is that right, darlin'?" She almost looked embarassed trying to explain it for her.

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @A-tak-nid

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Navu's Place (Sacrifice)

Falh's knife of ice had carved through Datrox's flesh, cutting out his heartlight as neatly as the Ko-Toa could afford. A hand rested on Datrox's shoulder, gently, as this happened. If he was to awake, he'd want a hand to softly guide him into the oblivion he was about to face.

Then, Falh reached...and grabbed.

Fluids soaked the Apex's white hand as he grasped Datrox's fresh but dull beating heartlight. He turned, staring at Tuakana with his blood gaze.

"Do as promised."

OOC: @Tarn @Eyru

IC: Vent - Zakaz, The Tunnels

"Hey, no fair!" Vent yelled, hopping off their board and quickly activating their mask with intense conentration in an attempt to increase the gravitational pull of the ground to the Mesi trying to hurt them. If it worked, they'd essentially be glued to the spot.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

IC: Barius - Scrapshop

The Skakdi huffed in response, before turning to walk the short distance back to the defiled corpse that had provided him with a heartlight. He picked up the late Toa's mask; the Kanohi was useless to him directly, but it would serve as a trophy of his victory, and perhaps a bargaining chip down the road. He checked the body for additional supplies, but Reson's worn satchel was empty; in all likelihood, the contents had spilled out while he was hanging upside-down on Cor's rig. Or some of the Skaks had relieved him of his stuff. Didn't much matter either way; Barius had gotten what he was looking for from the Toa.

Then he returned to his ACR. When he felt that most eyes were off of him, he raised a hand and placed it on the side of his face, below his still-deafened ear. When he pulled it back, it was wet with blood, and with some other, unfamiliar fluid. That was not a good sign.

He climbed into his rig. If he let this injury distract him, he wouldn't live long enough to see it heal, anyhow.

It was time to continue on to the next stop.

OOC: @Conway @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Providence - Mesi Tunnels

Providence yelped in surprise as the vines tangled around his ankles caused him to trip and fall into the rapidly softening earth, becoming partially buried beneath it. He tried to dig himself out.

He wasn't sure how to deal with these Mesi; he couldn't blind them, and there were far too many to subdue with his sleep powers, especially when he wasn't yet even strong enough to actually put people to sleep. Diplomacy, as an option, had probably vanished when Varian rushed in and fired a rocket. He could make blades out of the shadows in the cavern, but that would kill them! That was hardly nice.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Sparticus147 @Vezok's Friend

IC: Morangad - Outside Metru-Koro

As he surveyed the far-off walls of the settlement with a discerning eye, the Tiokaha's face was inscrutable.

It had been a long time since he'd been to a settlement of any sort. In fact, he hadn't spoken to anyone more than the occasional wayward traveler since the Skaks had slaughtered his village. Even now, he could feel countless souls at the edges of his mind. The sensation, at this distance, was much more manageable than when they were close by. In fact, it was almost electrifying.

"If no medic is forthcoming, I can reach out to some of the people in the village. Someone will surely heed my request."

Edited by Burnmad
  • Like 3

IC: Uraborask (Uraborask's Shack)

The two skakdis sat in silence as they drove out of the Rig and towards Uraborask's shack. Irritation marked the tradeskak's face, while Uraborask sat tensed up, like a predatory rahi about to pounce. After several minutes they finally arrived in a cloud of dust at the shack, right outside of the metal fence perimeter. Getting out of the rig, Uraborask lead the way into the yard, passing the shack itself, the trader starting to feel second thoughts as he passed the mounted skakdi skulls.

Standing outside of the carving house, Uraborask using both his hands pulled open the metal grate door, gesturing for the tradeskak to walk in first. Walking in, the skakdi bawlked at the sight before him, the largest muaka he had ever seen, dead! "By Irrnak's gaping cavities! You did kill the thing, shrak how did you ever..." The trader said, about to turn towards Uraborask to ask him how Uraborask did it, but he wasn't listening, for he had his quarry right within his sights.

Quickly Uraborask moved behind the tradeskak and put him into a chokehold with his massive grip. The trader tried his hardest to escape from Uraborask's grip, but he was no match for Uraborask's superior strength and size. After the trader dropped into unconsciousness, Uraborask quickly went to work, grabbing a bundle of rope and hogtying the tradeskak and blinding and gagging him as the skakdi started to regain consciousness. 

As the bound, blind, and gagged skakdi awoke, even in his groggy semi-conscious state, the tradeskak began to presumably protest and question Uraborask's motives, and although he didn't respect the trader, Uraborask stilled enjoyed putting him in his place. "You were an alpha, but not a real one. You offered a cheap source of goods for a pack, but you yourself lacked any real strength, any real qualities for an alpha. That is why you are here, because you are weak and I am strong, and I'm willing to do what it takes to survive." 

Taking a moment to appreciate his victory, Uraborask was distracted by the smell of rot and the sight of the muaka, the one he most certainly lacked the time to properly make into a trophy. Sighing, Uraborask grabbed his bow from the shed and dragged the still struggling trader back to the rig, tossing him onto the ground a fair distance away from anything he could use to cut his bindings. Returning back to the carving house, Uraborask grabbed the muaka corpse and dragged it into the bed of the rig. Finally tossing the trader into the back seat of the rig, Uraborask took the driver's seat, and began to make his way back to Po-Koro.

IC: Zak-Yak (Mesi Tunnels)

Zak-Yak had hoped that this blue warrior could at the very least, be a distraction for him and his master to escape, but upon getting there, the blue warrior already appeared to be free; and attacking Zak-Yak! Startled by the sudden assault, Zak-Yak immediately brought up his arms over his head to protect himself, anticipating an assault. And when none came, Zak-Yak looked up and noticed that the blue warrior seemed to pass through him.

Whispering beneath his breath, Zak-Yak moved away from the blue warrior before he noticed Zak-Yak, "Hehe, Zak-Yak is sneakiest there is." That's when Zak-Yak noticed the large burly mesi, seemingly incapable of moving. Seeing a golden opportunity, Zak-Yak returned to physicality and pulled out his lucky shiv, ready to take a heartlight for his master to use.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Snelly @Dane-gerous @Burnmad

• Like 1

IC: Mazor-Trail of the Aqua sphere

Mazor stooped down and picked up the Skaklet. It squirmed and Mazor had to use both hands to keep from dropping the little one. "Now then, what were you.." He looked up and saw the remains of the giant crab, He stood for a moment in stunned silence. "Mata-Nui..." He swiftley turned around and began to head back to the camp. "Gnabol, there's something you might want to see!"

• Like 1

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Iradra - The Taku

Iradra remained silent for a good moment, taking all of this in. Finally, she looked back up at Taja, her white eyes faintly glowing from behind her bronze facade. "So... what do you want to do now?"

IC: Okuo - Vault Hiripaki

Okuo was about to voice some concerns about what Oreius was saying, but decided against it. When the elder toa of fire brought up the holo recordings, Okuo's expression turned to uncertainty with a dash of incredulity. "Yeah, but... which of the one-million twenty-three-thousand four-hundred and fifty-seven recordings should we even begin with?"

OOC: Okuo post set before Corvin's post. @Eyru @EmperorWhenua

IC: Varah - Po-Koro

Kanohi would feel a firm hand on his shoulder, turning him to face the Po-Matoran Varah, who silently glared at him before nodding her head away from the fenced-off area.

@Harvali

IC: Zadred - Ruined Fort

Zadred, who had lightly napped in between sessions of active monitoring, took a deep breath and exhaled an immense sigh before turning to the group. "I can help too. With my vision, I might notice things anyone else would overlook..."

@Snelly @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Tarn

IC: Rangi - Dead Forest

"Sure, like, no objections from me or Clunks. Right, buddy?" Rangi asked as he looked down at his hound steed, staring silently for a moment while his expression became disconcerted. "Clunks... like... is that a gun?"

@Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Enra (Dead Forest)

"Nope, I'm done with this place. Either of you wanna try the other temple in the river of lava, 'cause that seems more inviting at this point."

IC: Xane - Dead Forest

"I'd like to point out that a structure sitting on a river of molten rock isn't going to be the most structurally sound, and I don't believe any of us have the elemental aptitude to survive a dunk in the lava lake," Xane replied, "This place is certainly creepy, but it's also safer." 

@Toru Nui @Onaku

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kanohi and Bode - Po-Koro

Is … is something wrong?” Kanohi asked, confused, “I … sorry. I will just um, I guess I should get my things?” He picked up his disk and shook off the dust, embarrassed and ashamed. How long had she been trying to contact him, and he just ignored her to ramble on and on. He should be more mindful

Bode meanwhile shook, he had seen Varah’s gaze from here. He … Kanohi wasn’t desecrated, that much was clear. And Bode … was a Piraka. Still he … he had to help the Matoran, Ulkarr wanted that. So he called out to the two of them, “those islands are real, they lay to the south of Zakaz. It is there that Toa Ulkarr hailed from?

Tren-Nui,” mumbled Kanohi on instinct as he started to walk away, then to Varah he managed, “sorry I ignored you, it was rude.” He began to run off, he … the excitement and stress of seeing a vision had disoriented him. He needed to contact someone else. Toa Stannis said he would return to Po-Koro, right? Maybe he would be able to help? 

OOC: @Onaku

IC “Collector” - Ruined Fort

Um, alright then,” Collector was a bit taken aback, “okay. Together then.” They hesitated as a thought touched their mind, and they said, “I hope it will be alright, but if we can find a tool that can channel a Skakdi’s elemental power, I would like it. I might be able to learn something useful from studying it.”

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

Pardehi found Skorm leaning against the side of his interceptor, shivering despite the heat and his burnt, blistered armor and mask. Skorm glanced at the bo-matoran, taking a moment to recognize the Metru-Nui medic's armband. Breathing a sigh of relief, he sagged against the vehicle, smiling slightly.

"My name is Skorm, I'm part of an expedition Turaga Sans sent to the south. We were exposed to-"

Skorm hesitated. He knew what it was, roughly, but it might be difficult to explain. "We were exposed to direct solar radiation, I think. A toa of light with us accidentally unleashed it. I was able to shield myself from some of it, but I still got hit bad. There are... seven more exposed outside the Koro, including one that's critical."

@Biological Chronicler

• Like 2

The times, they are a-changing...

12 hours ago, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Sala (Fau Swamp)

Sala could tell just how difficult it was for Sorilax to share this, just the hesitation alone was out of character for Sorilax, and even though there are still questions Sala wanted to ask, he thought it would be best to save them for another time.

"Ckropen Nests?..Are there any other useful plants you know of, maybe some we'll find on our way to Metru-Koro and be able to either use there or back at Le-Metru Nuva when we return?" 

Although Sala would seem to be back to his same curious, chronicler self, Sala was still worried, both for his friend and the implication of everything, "A race of living gas, born out of some baffling substance called antidermis, and employing some shadowy ritual involving heartlights? Just what have the matoran found themselves, first caught between the League, and then the skakdi, and now these aspects." There was one thing that worried Sala the most, "He said that each one of his kind have a grand wish and that to achieve it they need to desecrate others...So what 'is' your wish Sorilax's, and what is your reason for telling me this?"

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - The northern top of the Fau Swamp marshes (7, 11)

With - Sala

Hum? Yes, I suppose there are.” Sorilax motioned to Second Skin and helped the Matoran back in. “If you see any flat brown mushrooms, those are good for strengthening immunities, and they are quite filling. If you see any pale yellow Snappers with hook shaped petals, the stem and leaves can be turned into paste and help staunch blood flow. If you see any dirty orange…

Sorilax went on for some minutes, relating around thirty three flowers that grew in the marshes and their various uses. Half of them would be out of season, but Sorilax hadn’t been paying attention to time recently and had no idea what season they were in. And it didn’t help the Aspect rattled them off without pause, not giving Sala much time to remember what he was told before more information was given.

You know what, one second here, chronicler.” Rummaging through his backpack, Sorilax retrieved a piece of paper that had broken off, ruining the scroll he had been trying to make. It made for good scrap, however. He quickly yet neatly jotted down the ten most important flowers and mushrooms he mentioned and handed to paper to Sala.

The Plasma Matoran took it, Sorilax re-instituted his Silence, and off they went. This time, they covered less ground, but picked a decent amount of flowers, plants, and mushrooms that might be able to help both those in whatever other refugee camps they might be able to find and back in Le-Metru Nuva.

The sun set, the sun rose. They journeyed on. The marshes slowly and gently gave way to more solid ground and a safer environment. Irnakk’s Tooth majestically loomed closer as they trekked north, almost as if the sky itself had ripped open and they were able to see inside.

The plan was to traverse onto the lower mountainous region and see if they could spot any refugee camps in the distance, circling the mountain if none could be easily found.

Smoke rose into the sky, but no, it was nearby, not from the volcano. The smoke was black and angry, carrying the smell of death. Sala noticed a larger cluster of rocks and pointed it out to the lesser Makuta. Keeping his Silence active, Sorilax and his companion tepidly moved forward. Something wasn’t right here.

An ACR bike sat near the rocks, the back loaded with food and other supplies. Probably spoils of war. The large rocks formed a sort of shelter from which the smoke was pouring. As the two chroniclers arrived, they took note of the bodies of two Matoran off to the side of the impromptu building of rock. It smelled like they had been doused with some sort of fluid. They lay still, burning, the organics inside their bodies giving off a horrid stench. The smell of death hung strong in the air about them, intermingling with whatever they had been covered in.

A noise came from inside the rocks and a red Skakdi exited the hole that formed a crude doorway. He coughed and hacked from the smoke still pouring out behind him. He was carrying what looked to be scrap protodermis from a shelf or something. The Skakdi noticed Sorilax and Second Skin and immediately dropped his spoils, pulling a curved sword. He paused upon seeing how similar the two beings were and the abnormal length of their arms.

Sorilax dropped his Silence as the Skakdi lowered his weapon and greeted them, “Oh, yous just some Aspects or another. Nothing to see here, boogeymen.” The Skakdi picked back up his scrap and moved to his bike, “If you had let known me that you were coming, I’d ‘ave saved the Heartlights. Shame.” The red Skakdi mused on his misfortune as he walked to the bike, the pair following. He pressed a panel on the side of the bike and a hatch popped open, revealing several receiving bays. They seemed to be created to keep a Heartlight beating in the ACR bike using electricity or some other type of power.

The Skakdi turned, his grin wide, “Buggers, but there’s next time always. I’ve got storage. They’ll be fresh for you. Don’t worry.”

Sorilax finally spoke, slow and slightly angry, “How did you come about all this loot?

The Skakdi barely motioned to the two burning Matoran, “Oh, I found two someones who don’t need there’s no longer.”

They attacked you?” Sorilax questioned.

The Skakdi laughed, “They tried! Well one did, after I already done killed the other.”

So you are saying you attacked them unprovoked?

The red Skakdi looked at Sorilax like he had lost his mind, “No duh. They had supplies, I wanted them. Easy easy. Look, I’ve got to be on my ways. Later”

Sorilax gestured to Sala inside Second Skin, “May I scavenge what’s left with my colleague?

Snorting, the Skakdi climbed onto his bike, starting it, “Do whatever you wants, so long as I get me some slugs the next time we meet.” The bike roared to life and the red Skakdi raced off, no doubt to kill whomever he could manage. Sorilax let him go, not one to start a conflict. Especially not with Sala at his side.

When the Skakdi was definitely out of earshot, Sorilax turned to Sala, “See what I mean? A killer of opportunity, not defense. I think someone should rightfully and without malice exact vengeance for lives unrightfully taken. However, I understand how you feel about killing, and I don’t wish to make you more uncomfortable than that Skakdi already has. I need to bury these bodies, but you don’t have to look.

However, I seek to know, do you think we should have done something to him, my friend?

OOC: @Sparticus147

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Forgot to @ Sparticus147
  • Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Sala (Northern Fau Marshes)

3 hours ago, Kal the Guardian said:

When the Skakdi was definitely out of earshot, Sorilax turned to Sala, “See what I mean? A killer of opportunity, not defense. I think someone should rightfully and without malice exact vengeance for lives unrightfully taken. However, I understand how you feel about killing, and I don’t wish to make you more uncomfortable than that Skakdi already has. I need to bury these bodies, but you don’t have to look.

However, I seek to know, do you think we should have done something to him, my friend?

Although when Sala was first inside of the Second Skin, he felt invincible, capable of doing nearly anything. Upon seeing the burnt matorans and the red skakdi, it took nearly everything for Sala to remain, if not calm, then at least passive. It was only the words of Sorilax that Sala's senses returned to him.

"What, huh, oh...Well, he did killed these two poor matoran for no other reason then he could...I just..It never had to be this way for the matoran, we never had to defend ourselves like this, not until..Until..Until the League attacked, and destroyed our home." Sala looked down away from Sorilax, a look of longing and remorse on his face before he looked up and stared at the two burnt matoran. "I'll help bury them, it would be wrong for me not too, I even know the words for the matoran rite of passing."

Sala and Sorilax buried the two matorans in respectful silence, establishing a simple rock grave marker for the two. Standing above the two graves, Sala bowed his head and folded his hands together before letting out a pray, "In Unity we are born, by Duty we live, and with Destiny we pass. May Mata-Nui guide the spirit of the passed and take it onto the Red Star and the Great Beings within." 

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

IC: Zsann - Zakaz, The Wastes, outside of the van

Zsann's eyes widened at the explanation. Now ghosts were something she hadn't yet had to deal with. And even though she was curious about what being a ghost was like, she decided that those were probably questions for another day.

Arms still folded, Zsann hinted at a small nod.
"I g-get it." Mega and Yaushe were probably able to pick up the slight trace of uncertainty left in her voice.

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @Dane-gerous

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC [Strange Tunnels - Knee Deep in Mesi]:

The Mesi attacking vent slowed in their movements, suddenly feeling incredibly heavy. They hissed and snarled at each other and their opponent - who couldn’t understand the words contained therein. “Why aren’t you hitting it!” - “Why aren’t you?”- “I can’t, I’m stuck!” - “Me too!” - “Fine then!” The two Mesi without a shield combined their elements, unleashing a mixed blast of air and water at the Tiokaha. 

The armored warrior stumbled. Had he just hallucinated that particular Mesi amidst an entire physical horde of them? No, that made no sense. Probably a power then. Fair enough, as long as the thing was out of his way. He had to get out of here. He scanned the chaos of the room to see if there was an escape route, but instead spotted the newcomer who’d cut his bonds struggling in a quicksand vine pit. He paused. That one had helped him. It would only be fair to return the favor. Wait...was he really thinking about this? His experience told him to run, to slip away amidst the chaos. But his feet wouldn’t move that way. Mentally cursing himself and knowing fully well that no good deed went unpunished, the warrior instead rushed forward towards Providence. The Mesi attacking the aspect were too preoccupied with their elements to see him coming. He snatched a blade from one of the ones Providence had knocked out a minute earlier, then promptly buried it to the hilt in the neck of the attacker controlling the vines. He shoved the dying thing into its companion, breaking their elemental hold, then turned to the Aspect stuck in the ground and reached out to him. “Give me your hand!”

Zak-Yak found there was no resistance from the Mesi brute itself, but he would have to move quickly. His ‘master’ was still beset by half a dozen Mesi and his blending into the crowd advantage with his powers would disappear once he started to publicly cut the heartlight out of one of his fellows, he needed to be solid to do that and it would take time to do it right.

OOC: @Burnmad @Snelly @Dane-gerous

IC [Strange tunnels - Vahki Crew]:

Nu8020’s fellow Vahki registered an increase in the volume of the noise they were homing in on, but couldn’t be sure if the reading was accurate - the nearby whistling interfered with its receptors.

OOC: @Toru Nui @xccj @Edelgard

• Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Yaushe - Gun Time

"Don't worry about it, Zsann," Yaushe said. Even with the odd voice she had to use, her tone sounded somewhat weary. "I prefer to be in the van most of the time, anyway. Just... refuelling is the worst. The taste is terrible, for one thing. And imagine drinking something awful, but you're drinking without swallowing, and someone else is tipping it down your throat. It's not great, let me tell you. Same with repairs. I don't feel pain from it, but I still feel it, you know? Horrible."

@Dane-gerous@A-tak-nid

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Yaushe - Gun Time

"Yeah. Thanks for lending it to me, by the way, Mega."

@Dane-gerous@A-tak-nid

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

Snarling, Skorm batted away Pardehi's hand. "The pain isn't the problem, I can handle it. The problem is that there are seven more people who got badly exposed to radiation, one of which is already comatose."

Skorm looked to the parked cargo hauler in the distance. "Save your medicine for them first."

OOC: @Biological Chronicler

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

"Stop that." NU-8020S glared at Mahryo. "Your incessant noise is interfering with our audio receptors."

@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva

IC: Enra (Dead Forest)

"OK, OK. But this is the last time we go anywhere that even remotely looks like it's haunted. If we don't find it, we're leaving." Enra continued to search the Dead Forest for the ruins.

@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

IC: Irna | Waveahk's Hauler

"Let's give ... Skorm a chance," Irna said. But she was already slumping back down to the ground, next to where Keitara still lay. "Give ... him ... some time...."

OOC: @Burnmad

IC: Parnassus | Mega's Scrapshop

As Barius walked away, Parnassus kept grinning.

Perhaps Barius wouldn't worship them willingly. But he could still serve them, one way or another.

"Well," the Aspect said, finding an upturned crate to sit down on. "That was a little more tiring than I'd expected. Anyone mind getting something to drink?"

OOC: Parnassus open for interaction.

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

Slowly turning her head back forwards, NU-8020S tried to isolate the source of the rhythm as they continued onward.

@Vezok's Friend@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Metru-Koro Outskirts, Cargo Hauler)

Yes. They could trust Skorm. Skorm was... was part of the League. Against his will, and he wasn't anymore, but regardless Tekmo couldn't shake the feeling that he had been right, and that he should be the one explaining things to the medics. He was better qualified, after all.

Meanwhile, Waveahk tried to drink some water, but his nausea was so pronounced he couldn't let the liquid slide down his throat, instead it entered his system by being absorbed through his skin, though he wasn't sure if it qualified as 'skin' when it was inside your mouth. Absorbing water rather than drinking or breathing it was getting easier these days, and he couldn't spend as long as he could before without it. His mutation was getting worse, and the more it got worse, the faster it got worse. But that was the least of his problems right now.

@Conway@Burnmad@Tarn@Snelly@TL01 NUVA

Wh-where am I?

As I open my eyes, a splendorous light shines in front of me. An intense white, surrounded by a deep blue that dominates my field of view. I feel something pressed against my back. It’s soft and very giving, but I’m pressed into it as if by some force, sinking half-way into it. For a moment I ponder on my situation. 

Where am I?

I begin to move my eyes, and as I move them, I realise there is more in front of me than just the intense white and the deep blue. There is a line, and beyond it a brown colour, as well as a soft tan. The more I look the more I realise that the blue is surrounded by this line, by the browns and tans and yellows and…

Where am I?

I move my head. I wasn’t quite sure I could do that but as I ponder on it I realise it was silly of me to think otherwise.  Following that logic, I realise I can also move other parts of my body. My arms. My legs. My spine bends as I move my torso, and I realise this is familiar. This force holding me down. I’m even sure I have a name for it…

Where am I?

I sit up and I gaze around. The line changes from a circle into a flat boundary. I realise I recognise this. Up. Down. Blue is up. Brown and tan is down. And yellow. And white? But not as strong as the white up above, its immense light shining upon me. I look up. I remember it has a name. Sun. The force holding me down. Gravity. 

Who am I?

Do I have a name? I suddenly realise that as surely as I have a body, as surely as I exist as my own distinct being, I must also have a name. But what is it? Memory… I try to think but my memory is… not there. Words, certainly, concepts… these I remember and yet I cannot remember myself?

Who am I?

I stand up. Surely as I considered it possible I prove my intuition correct and do it. The line around me isn’t flat, I realise. There is a shape on it, part of the browns and reds and tans breaching the flatness to touch the blue. The blue. The sky. The sun in the sky. In the distance I realise I see not only blue above the line but white. Not as intense as the sun, but clearly it is not blue. C… I recall it beginning with C... 

Who am I?

I try to think back. It’s difficult. I’m not sure why. I can recall concepts just fine. My body responds in ways that are familiar. But my name. My memory. I…

What am I?

Where am I?

Who am I?

As I gaze upon the line beneath the sky… I recall the word horizon, and I gaze upon this horizon as I ponder upon my situation.

Why am I here?

I start walking. I decided on a direction, the direction of where the horizon breaches into the sky. I walk on the softness beneath my feet… Sand. It gives and at first it’s difficult for me to walk. Golden and tan and brown and white. It’s warm, another word I remember. I see something glistening in the sand. It’s white. Pure white. Almost as white as the sun above. Maybe because of the sun… reflection.

What is this?

I approach the white glistening object and realise it is a shape I vaguely recall. It’s lone, with one end separated into two long bits, and then a shorter end that’s a greyish violet. Hand, I put my hand to it. It feels right. Handle. I grasp the handle with my hand, and I lift the object up out of the sand. It feels comfortable in my hand. I move it about in front of me, slowly recalling that I remember this. This feeling. These movements.

What is this?

A sword. And I realise that strapped around my waist is an object I can place it within. A sheath. I sheathe the sword. I then keep walking. Toward where the horizon breaches into the sky. A hill? A mountain? These are words that I recall, yet I’m not sure which one applies here. Beneath the horizon as it may be, it is far off. I will not reach it soon. I feel discomfort. I feel… dryness. I bring my hand to my face. My face. My… mask? I slowly move my hand over it and can feel various shapes and indentations. I consider removing it from my face, but there’s something about it that feels wrong. I shouldn’t remove my mask.

Why not?

I decide to try anyway. As I pull the mask off my face, I suddenly feel weak. Weakness. Tired. Dryness… I’m thirsty. Very thirsty. Thirst is a word I realise I remember and as I ponder on it I remember the mask I just pulled off my face. I turn it over in my hands. It’s… familiar. Yes. This mask, it’s right. It’s… me. No. I am not the mask. But the mask is me. It’s part of me. Part of who I am. Parts. I look the mask over and I realise it’s… damaged. There’s a crack running down its forehead. I wonder if it’s related to what happened to me, but no. I know this crack. It’s… almost like an old memory. But I can’t remember it. It’s familiar and yet I can’t recall it.

Who am I?

This mask. This sword. They’re part of me. Part of who I am. Both so familiar. But I can’t remember my name. Names, surely as I remember the names of these objects, of the things in my surroundings, I should remember my name.

Clouds. I remember the name of the white over the horizon. I look back over to them but my head is starting to feel strange. Swimming. There’s no water around here. I’m so thirsty. I can’t swim, there’s no water. But my head is… swimming. What an odd wording. I look back to my mask. A strong urge overtakes me, and as it passes into my consciousness, I put the mask back on. I feel better. I don’t feel tired anymore. Still thirsty though…

Who am I?

That question keeps coming up in my mind.

Where am I?

Sand. Sky. Sun. Horizon. So vast and empty. Desert. I’m… in a desert. Yes. That wording seems appropriate.

Why am I here?

I can’t remember. I don’t think I’ll remember that any time soon either. Time. I look up. The sun. Is it just me or has it… moved? Yes. The sun moves. Of course. It seems so obvious now. The sun moves across the sky, until it reaches the horizon. Day. The time is day. Time of the sun. Time of light. Time of warmth. 

Night. Time of no sun. Time of shadow. Time of cold. The desert gets awful cold at night. I don’t know why I know this, but I’m grateful to recall it. Cold. I can’t quite place the sensation, but the concept doesn’t appeal to me.

Who am I?

Heat. Light. Too much heat is bad. Too much light is blinding. But as I look into the sun, I recall that it is surely the brightest light one could look upon, yet I am not blinded. It feels fine. I keep staring at the sun for a while. I almost begin to register it as moving. My neck hurts. I stop looking up at the sun and rub my neck. It’s sore.

I keep walking. The mountain or hill is ahead. Far ahead. I hope I can reach it before the night comes. I don’t think I’ll like the cold. As I walk, I continue to think.

Who am I?

What am I?

Why am I here?

Perhaps if I reach the mountain or hill, I will find out. It’s a bit hopeful, but… hope. Another word. They seem to find me better than I find them. There’s something else. A different word. It’s at the tip of my…

Tongue. It’s dry. I stick out my tongue and try to look down but I can’t see it. But I can…

Hear. Sound. Hearing sounds. Something gentle brushes past me but I cannot see it. It’s familiar to me. Yes. Wind. Air. I realise this whole time I’ve been taking it in. The air. Breathing. Sound. The sound of the wind is a gentle droning. The sound of my breath is rhythmic. The sound of my tongue… of my mouth, as I open it. I breathe out. I recall a different sensation.

“Aaah.” I remember this. Sound. Mouth sounds. Voice. Vocalization. “Aaah.” I vocalize again. It’s almost amusing to me. “Aaarhrhrh.” Another sound I vocalize. One which the trill of my tongue produces. “Arh.”

“Ard...  ok… u…”

Ardoku. What does that mean? It feels familiar. VERY familiar. Is it a word? Is it… a name?

Who am I?

Why was this word so familiar to me? Why did I say it? It slipped off my tongue. It’s… a name? Is it my name? Am I… yes… perhaps I am. It feels right, anyway. That name. I like it. I look toward the horizon again. At the mountain or hill. It’s still far off. Where am I? The desert. Why am I here? I’m not sure. But for now, I think the answer to who I am is...

IC: Ardoku

• Like 3

IC: Yaushe - Van Time Impending

"Absolutely. Just, uh, move me closer to the van. I don't like trying to jump long distances."

@Dane-gerous@A-tak-nid

IC: Xane - Dead Forest

Though he'd done his best to appear unbothered by the strange chattering of the unseen children, Xane's companions would likely notice that he still clutched his rifle close as he continued on towards the ruins. 

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Varian - Strange Tunnel -

Varian extended his boxing claw and did a long swipe as the half dozen Mesi rushed him, intending to knock them all down in one swoop, he aimed his Electro-Rocket and fired at them afterwards. 

@Dane-gerous @Burnmad @Vezok's Friend @Sparticus147

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

21 hours ago, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Sala (Northern Fau Marshes)

Although when Sala was first inside of the Second Skin, he felt invincible, capable of doing nearly anything. Upon seeing the burnt matorans and the red skakdi, it took nearly everything for Sala to remain, if not calm, then at least passive. It was only the words of Sorilax that Sala's senses returned to him.

"What, huh, oh...Well, he did killed these two poor matoran for no other reason then he could...I just..It never had to be this way for the matoran, we never had to defend ourselves like this, not until..Until..Until the League attacked, and destroyed our home." Sala looked down away from Sorilax, a look of longing and remorse on his face before he looked up and stared at the two burnt matoran. "I'll help bury them, it would be wrong for me not too, I even know the words for the matoran rite of passing."

Sala and Sorilax buried the two matorans in respectful silence, establishing a simple rock grave marker for the two. Standing above the two graves, Sala bowed his head and folded his hands together before letting out a pray, "In Unity we are born, by Duty we live, and with Destiny we pass. May Mata-Nui guide the spirit of the passed and take it onto the Red Star and the Great Beings within." 

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - The northern top of the Fau Swamp marshes (7, 11)

With - Sala

Ah yes, the League. So often I forget to care about the feelings of others. Yet another negative quality I need to work on. Poor Sala is probably overwhelmed. His whole system of belief has undoubtedly been shattered. Sometimes I wish I could ascertain something more to believe in. But to me Unity, Duty, and Destiny are a way to live life, not a form of belief in something more.

Sala finished his prayer, his head having been bowed in respect.

Wait… Red Star? Great Beings? Sorilax pondered yet kept silent and still, giving due respect unto the recently departed. Life was so fickle. It could burn bright, yet just as easily it could be stamped out. But that was life. Rahi killed and were killed. Yet Sorilax knew there was a distinction from sentient and non-sentient beings. There was this inner sense where he just knew. Some Rahi grew smart, but sentience was not something just given willy nilly to everyone.

And then there was death. Death was a part of life, yes. Death could be used to defend, or to offend. In a way, death unites all, but truly life binds all together. Death… Sorilax didn’t like to think about his own death. He knew that someday he would return to the Antidermis pool. He knew that was inevitable. But how could he stand it? Life was so precious. There was so much to learn. So much good he knew he could inject into the universe.

His thoughts drifted once more to the Desecration Rites. Take a sentient life to gain power. How… insidious of an idea. It can easily consume those it touches. But I won’t let it consume me. I will find a way to make this universe better. For everyone, not just myself. That’s truly following what is right. What the Light would want.

Finally, Sorilax patted the Matoran on the shoulder to offer him some small form of comfort, “That was beautiful, Sala. I’m sorry we didn’t get here sooner.

Sorilax noted the smoke that was now drifting more slowly from the doorway in the boulders. The smell of death still lingered. “However I think we should continue on. All this smoke is bound to attract Rahi and more Skakdi. Although I don’t need to use my Silence as we walk anymore and would very much like to know about exactly what you meant by ‘Red Star’ and ‘Great Beings within’.

OOC: @Sparticus147

• Like 2

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

On 4/29/2020 at 12:09 PM, Dane-gerous said:

IC: Zai - Zakaz, Tactical Panda II

"Allow me to be the one to bring her in. I am strong enough, far stronger than any lowly Mesi and I know I am ready. I will make this warrior bend to your will, as your hand." Zai asked, trying her best not to sound desperate.

Whether the Ta-Skakdi was desperate or deluded was another story entirely. But she had to make up for her previous shame at the hands of her fellow lieutenant, and yet again remind Yumiwak of her worth as her trusted enforcer.

IC Yumiwak | The Panda II

I studied Z closely for a moment, then the edges of my smile turned up a little more. "Alright, I will grant you your wish," I finally said and gently placed my palm on her heartlight, "and what you do with your opportunity will make ballads in your name."

I pulled my hand back and looked smartly matter-of-fact. "That said, anything else? No? Let's hit the skies, boys and girls!"

IC Stannis | The Taku 

"I will make one thing abundantly clear to you, shade," Stannis said, nodding once to Knichou for speaking well. "As a people, we will not abide being subjects for learning and amusement—not for you, and not for... any other such as yourself. If you want to break free from your cycle you will do so on Matoran terms, or else it will not be with Matoran complicity. Our Fates have always been in motion, but what has been wrought to Toa Taja goes against our Great Spirit's Virtue of Destiny and countless other precepts. Realize, then, that by trying to distance yourself from your ilk's ways you have also transgressed against ours. Time will tell which one is the harsher judge.

"Is there anything more anyone wished to share in these confines, or shall we open the floor to the rest?"

@Nato the Traveler @BULiK

IC: Whisper - The Taku

"I am curious," Whisper spoke up, focusing on Stannis, "You knew my element is shadow, though I have not used it in the presence of any of you. You know of an archaic name for our rituals, and speak of us with disdain. You clearly know more of my kind than your fellow Toa, yet have not elaborated on what you know, or how." 

The way this one held himself, the way the others looked to him, he was clearly older, more experienced. What did he know that the others didn't? And why was he choosing to keep it to himself rather than contributing it to the conversation?

"So, what is it you know, or think you know? I have been nothing but forthcoming to you all. I would appreciate the same in return."

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

IC: Zai - Zakaz, Tactical Panda II

Zai looked on top of the world for a brief moment. Any jealousy for Korio or even Yso had been melted by Yumiwak's touch, and her grant for an opportunity to prove herself again. 

She almost absent-mindedly nodded to Yumi's further question, her insecurities voided for the time being as she displayed a smile for the first time in a long while. It was her chance, now. And she would do as promised.

Exactly as promised.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @pokemonlover360 @Tarn

IC: Mega - Zakaz, The Wastes (Outside The Van)

The Fa-Matoran nodded, awkwardly pressing the barrel of the rifle to the chassis of the lightning streaked van. 

That's close enough, right?

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @A-tak-nid

IC: Vent - Zakaz, The Tunnels

The Kanohi, especially for Vent, took a lot of concentration to maintain. So, as they held onto their temple, desperately trying to keep the Mesi glued to the ground, they didn't see the elemental attack coming.

Vent yelped as they were flung backward in a rainstorm blast, knocked to the ground and dazed.

"That's the Vahki, karz, we gotta run! Leave the stuff, we can't carry that!" 

"But we just-"

"Vent, wait, duck!"

"WHA-"

CRACK!

OOC: @Burnmad @Sparticus147 @Vezok's Friend @Snelly

Edited by Dane-gerous