Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

1 hour ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC, Aurax: The Eclipse

Aurax positioned his mech under the crane arm and hopped out. “Okay, load it up!” he called to Saybo. The crane began to lift the ACR up and into the airship’s cargo hold. Once it was loaded up, Aurax climbed aboard the vehicle and made his way to the bridge. “Alright, let’s get this show on the road,” he said.

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Barraki

Location - Le-Metru (5, 9 or 5, 10?)

With - Aurax (Ohrash in Saybo’s mind)

As Ohrash’s mech settled onto the deck, Saybo noted the relative size of the cargo bay. It seemed that he could fit around four, possibly six of Ohrash’s mech in the room. Not quite the giant cargo airship he had piloted on a past mission, but still respectable.

Saybo powered down the crane and joined Ohrash at the bridge. Smirking, the Toa of Water slid into the captain’s chair and gave himself back control of the Eclipse. The airship rose once more. A black dot against the sky. The liquid protodermis engine powered on and they were on their way.

Assuming they were checking this new island and “Metru-Koro” first, he wondered what the outside of his universe looked like. Had they all been living in a giant frog or something? He would find out soon enough.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

33 minutes ago, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Sala (Southern Irrnak's Tooth)

As Sala and Sorilax stood just outside of the rock outcropping, the two scouring the sky for a bright red star, Sala spoke up to reply to Sorilax, "Well, theoretically speaking, it shouldn't be that hard as it is a bright red star. As for what it will reveal, that depends on where it is in the sky. Depending on the position of the Red Star to other constellations it could foretell a variety of prophecies, unfortunately, most of my notes were lost in the crash and as far as I can guess the only other place where such astrological prophecies would be found would be the knowledge towers within the ruined remains of Ko-Metru." 

As Sala continued to look at the stars, a disconcerting thought came into his mind, "Before the crash, before the League, many of the ko-matoran mentioned that the stars seemed to be changing, faster than they should be, and after the League attacked. Who knows how accurate those star charts were anymore, to be honest, how accurate were those stars anyway? If they were inside of a giant machine this entire time, whose to say that those stars they saw weren't just some form of internal lighting, if the Red Star itself was nothing more tha...By the Great Spirit!" Sala suddenly said, breaking out of his downward spiral of existential dread.

Pointing high above the northern horizon, amongst the countless stars and constellations, some of which surprisingly enough looking familiar but still somewhat different to Sala, was the Red Star, shining bright as always. "By the great spirit, I can't believe it's still there, maybe the future of the matoran people isn't as unknowable as we might think." a look of absolute relief washing across Sala's face.

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - South of Irrnak’s Tooth (7, 10)

With - Sala

The Red Star had been used to reveal prophecies? Perfect. The more he learned, the more Sorilax felt joy. His Grand Wish wasn’t some far flung dream. It felt closer than ever. As his joy grew, so too grew his confidence in his re-written Desecration Rites. He hadn’t Desecrated anyone in a few hundred years, but he was close to a breakthrough. That much seemed evident to him now.

Sala was next in line. Just to find someone insignificant and… Sorilax had done it again. Sala wasn’t some pawn to move about. He was his own being whose soul was as precious as Sorilax’s own. Why did these thoughts come to him unbidden? Why?!

No, if Sala ever was Desecrated or even if he wasn’t, Sorilax would be grateful for his new friend either way.

Sala exclaimed and Sorilax looked where he pointed. There the Red Star sat, beautiful as it sat in contrast to the rest of the starry sky. Sorilax rested his hands on his knees like a being with normal arm length would put their hands on their hips, “Magnificent. I wish I had Telescopic vision right now.

The Aspect admired the awe-inspiring nature of the field of light points above them. The silence of the night was a stark contrast to the constant sounds of the Fau Swamp. “But I’m glad to hear the future of the Matoran reaches beyond your old home. I would say I wish you could still be in it right now, but for the first time I finally have friends and I’m not sure I could give that up.

No secrets magically revealed themselves, but it didn’t matter much to Sorilax. He felt something change in his heart. He now had hope for change. Change was close. It felt like he would grasp it within a month.

OOC: @Sparticus147

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Korruhn, Ice Suva

The exchange between the two apprehensive parties at the Ice Suva carried on for many long, tense moments, and the information seemed to flow out of the conversation at a snail’s pace, at least in Korruhn’s mind. He hated this constant feeling of vulnerability on this island, and standing in the weather-exposed ruins of a Suva in the middle of nowhere did no work to ease his mind. He wanted nothing more than to end these social niceties, get access to this Suva, and carry on.

“Look,” Korruhn piped up suddenly. “We could chit-chat back-and-forth here all day, and none of us will come out ahead of where we were before.” Korruhn’s voice was as sharp and pointed as his message, and he had long since run out of patience.

“Or, Hunter, you could show us how you accessed this temple, so that we might do the same; and then the lot of us can leave this wretched place before there’s nobody from the Matoran Universe to save. So, what say you, hunter?”

"I won't object to that." Though she still had reservations of her own, Sidra walked the two Toa through the steps to unlock the Suva. The two followed each step diligently and patiently, and before long, the two Toa were swapping gear in and out as a test. He wasn’t sure why the Hunter agreed to help the two Toa, but at this point, Korruhn wasn’t as concerned about the allies he kept, so long as they allowed him access to the resources he needed to gain enough power to rip the throats clean out of the Barraki Warlords. He felt his fist clench in rage.

“Thank you, Sidra,” Korruhn said to the hunter. He still didn’t trust her entirely, nor did he anyone save Leklo. But Korruhn knew that there would be few existing allies of his that understood the direness of the situation; of the need to attain power and strike first, before the League wiped them out entirely. As strange as it may seem, the Dark Hunter before him might see his grim outlook better than most. “There’s another temple, at most a hundred-and-fifty kilometers from here. From what I saw, it looks a lot older. I think we should investigate it. Are you in?”

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @EmperorWhenua

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: ICE SUVA | Ice Suva Temple

Unknown Sidra registered. Element none. Maker unknown.

Toa Leklo registered. Element ice. Maker expunged.

Toa Korruhn registered.  Element expunged. Maker expunged.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
After consideration of GM notes, returned leklo to ice

Happy chat.

19 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

"That may be, but my deceptions were well-intentioned," she replied, addressing both Iradra and Taja, "As I explained to your companions, the ritual I performed normally requires an offering of a still-beating heartlight, ripped from the chest of another being. I suspected you would balk at such a sacrifice, so I offered an alternative. I apologise for the lie, but I do not regret the outcome. You received the power you wished for, and more besides." 

IC Stannis | The Taku

"Power." Stannis spat the word out like bad chew. "'Wished for.' Deception runs in your very nature as it does with the rest of your kind, and what you gave by way of your rite is a curse—make no mistake about it, shade!  Only instead of using the heartlight of another you have sacrificed Taja's instead. There was nothing magnanimous about this act!"

IC: Sidra - Ice Suva Temple

She almost refused out of principal. She'd killed their Turaga right in front of them, after all. They'd never trust her, so in turn she couldn't trust them. But at the same time, had Sidra ever really trusted anyone in her life? 

She could rely on these Toa insofar that they all shared a common goal. "Very well, I'm in. Let's go." 

@Crimson Jester

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Whisper - The Taku

The Toa's outburst caught her off-guard. For beings that claimed to care about Taja's wellbeing, casually proclaiming her to be cursed was strangely insensitive. Not to mention this Toa seemed to be speaking with an audacious amount of authority for someone who hadn't even been present when the ritual had occured. 

"A curse?" Whisper crooned, "Do you refer to the power of adaptation, the power of shadow, or just the means through which these powers were given? There is no curse in being different, in becoming something new. You Toa started off as Matoran, did you not? I thought you of all beings would be more tolerant of change." 

@EmperorWhenua

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Stannis | The Taku

"It is not the powers, shade, but the nature you have bestowed Taja. Your nature. Or do you not even slightly abhor what your kind are?

He kept to himself the truth, however, that unlike every other toa in the room Stannis had never been a matoran. 

• Like 2

She blinked. Many eyes. Many times. 

Her nature? A curse? Was this racism, or something deeper? 

"Just because I strive to be more does not mean I hate what I am." She finally said. "But please, enlighten me. I will concede that my physical appearance is unsettling, but what is it about my nature that you believe to be so inherently abhorrent?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Stannis | The Taku

"Your Shadow," Stannis said simply. "It is why you cannot truly feel life—for all that you say you want it, it is your darkness that keeps you from even experiencing the emotions, the vivacity, the sensations of conscience that are life. And it is your Shadow you have bestowed upon Toa Taja. How do you consider this a gift?"

"You are clearly conflating my nature with my element. It would be no different to me calling you... stubborn as a rock?" She'd heard such comments among the skakdi. She wasn't entirely sure if it such remarks were meant as insults or jokes, but she understood the context.

What she didn't understand was what had driven this Toa to believe that he understood her better than she did, that he could somehow preach to her how her own biology - or lack thereof - functioned after only a week spent on this world. 

"Shadow is merely a power that I wield. My nature is that I am a sentient cloud of gas, without veins for adrenaline to course through, without a nervous system to feel sensation, without a brain to process the chemistry that makes what you think and feel so complicated. That is why I do not experience life as you do. That is my nature." 

• Like 1

IC: NU-8020S (Mesi Cavern)

Slightly disorientated by this unusual form of connection from the Staffs of Presence, NU-8020S's response to one of the eyeless meatbags trying to punch her was to immediately fire her Freeze Kanoka from her mandibles into his face. And speaking of freeze, she was unable to dodge the incoming combined elemental blast from behind, knocking her down to the floor.

Rather than scramble back up to her feet, she switched from bipedal mode to quadrupedal mode, and commanded her squad members in the Vahki dialect to attack the ones responsible, while her computerized brain began to adapt to Providence's unusual sight.

@Vezok's Friend@Burnmad@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva

IC Stannis | The Taku

The Wanderer bit his tongue once more. For all his age and wisdom, Stannis struggled to maintain the professorial composure towards the Aspect. He'd allowed himself to become too invested on the matter, too far in to keep the gravitas he required of himself. He could not share the true sources of the knowledge he possessed, or the reason he despised Whisper and the others like her. But the truth was not what Whisper or any others on the airship were being led to believe by way of omissions. Stannis was far from a being of Shadow, but age and practice had given him the ability to weave his own obfuscating webs. Knowledge and lore came to him in spades over the eons, and sometimes a story not told was just as effective as one earnestly shared. 

The concept of Destiny, Stannis knew, was a cycle—a vicious, uncaring, callous cycle, and breaking from it produced a fractal of effects that were equally destructive in their wakes. God came, God reigned, and God went, only to come again as the sun rose in the morning. Lives and fortunes were won and lost in the pattern, same as it was, and same as it would be. None of those in the room had seen the full revolutions before... 

But Stannis had.

Whisper intended to break the wheel in her own little way, and Stannis could see already how she dabbled in the ancient magic to achieve her 'grand wish' to be something other than what she was. Admirable. But achieving such wishes had a ripple effect, changing far more than just the one with the desire. Wishes were a magic in their own right, never to be taken lightly. In Mata Nui's universe it was different, as each denizen lived under the reign of a great spirit who was master of everyone's Destiny. Mata Nui had his... curious ways (and Stannis oft relished in muttering the awesome mystery of it all), but so long as the Great Spirit lived he maintained some grasp on the people he ruled and the paths their existences crossed, however, such a rule was not at play on Zakaz. Zakaz was a tumultuous, ever-changing place. 

... But Stannis wanted that changed.

"Maybe it's best if you start at the beginning. Summarise where possible," Iradra said.

"Alright," Stannis responded. "Gather now, and all hear the tale of the Great Spirit and of all things..."

OOC | This next section will take more planning than I was anticipating for tonight, so it'll come... tomorrow. :P 

IC Leklo | Ice Suva

The former Alpinist had returned his sword to its scabbard once Sidra gave the courtesy of demonstrating the functionality of the suva, but that did not indicate a level of trust. Much like his friend, Leklo was critical of Sidra the ex-Hunter—of her motives, of her abilities, but mostly because of her past. It was hard for Leklo to forget the surreal events that clouded his near-recent memory, namely his beloved turaga being murdered mere moments after he had been elevated to the station of toahood at the hand of the same person they entreated with on a faraway land, and yet that is what had happened.

To Leklo, life was a mountain to be conquered just like any other. Once you reached the end of your journey it had to be at the summit, and anything less was an abject failure. All there was to look forward to was the top, and all there was to focus on was the climb; the places you’ve ascended past were not a concern anymore as it was a challenge already finished, only fighting for every solid foothold and handgrip to come mattered, else it would lead to a deathly fall. And so, even though Leklo could not forget the past that he experienced and the terrible loss and despair which hounded his existence on Zakaz, he kept his sights set on what was to come.

But the past could not be forgotten, and Ko-Metru had a harshness that Leklo, as a matoran, had grown fond of. “One thing, Sidra,” he said. “By Matoran laws, you are a criminal. We may not be in… that anymore,” he said, tipping his head towards the massive disembodied head in the distance, “but you are not absolved of what you've done, not by a long shot. Sure, you’re joining us to learn more about this wasteland as an ally, but you are also just as much our captive. The future will help us learn all our fates.

The suva's input back to Leklo caught him off guard, however, and he shot a worried glance at Korruhn. Had he found something equally baffling? Leklo's mind whirred through the bits the shrine had said that contested with what he very much understood to be true: Dume had made him a toa... and Ice was no longer even his element. What the devil...?

• Like 2

IC: Taja | Aboard the Taku

This was all going nowhere. That, at least, was plain to see. The same arguments rose and fell like the tide, but nothing changed in their wake. Stannis refused to believe that anything of Shadow could be good. His pronouncement of her condition as cursed was well-deserved, perhaps; but it stung no less to hear. Was there really no hope of regaining her lost light? Was she doomed now to wander without a destiny, a Toa devoid of purpose?

The Aspect was steadfast in its refusal of this judgment, and this was the only reason Taja had not left already. As much as she hated the creature, its fervent wish to change was her wish as well. If it could change its nature, then maybe she could too. If a creature of shadow could be made new, then there was still hope. It was her only hope.

Still, she could hardly look at it for more than a few seconds. Her stomach twisted at the sight of its alien limbs and multitudinous eyes. Every time one of its tails wriggled in the air, she recalled the sensation of its claw against her heartlight, and a chill ran across her skin. She could not forget what it had done to her. The Aspect did not regret what it had done: it saw Taja's new form as a gift. But it was a gift she had not asked for. A gift she didn't have to ability to decline. It had been forced upon her, and every time she looked upon Whisper, the shame and anger bubbled up anew. 

Her strength was slowly returning. Her body was still cold, but her limbs had stopped shaking. When she was strong enough, maybe she would blow the demon out of the ship and it could see for itself what gravity did to the creatures it wanted to imitate so badly.

But for now, she would sit and listen.

• Like 2

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Outside Navu's Place

Space shifted. Falh's weight shifted, boots pushing down in order to stop himself from toppling over. He frantically glanced around.

What had happened? Had he...done that? It felt like he had, but how? Was this the power that the demon had grafted on him with that...

That thing. It still clung to him. 

Falh leaned against the outside of Navu's hut, retching.

Nothing came out.

• Like 2

IC: Mahryo

Still linked up with his brother, Mahryo swung his wrench at the nearest for - more worried about giving himself space to room than actually hitting the target.

"We cannot allow them to escape!" He yelled. "Those villains must be stopped!"

He unleashed a sizeable fireball upon the giant Mesi, throwing it straight at the enemy's face.

@Vezok's Friend @Jakura Nuva @Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC: Yaushe - Parked

Yaushe glanced at the skies, and noted the lack of a giant airship in them. Perhaps they were elsewhere, or had landed... or perhaps she and her friends had beaten the airship here?

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Had … Kanohi said something wrong? The Skakdi seemed annoyed, but maybe it was just the frustrating news. His fingers drummed the air, he really did not know much about the Skakdi of this land. Turaga Klawne revealed they slaughtered the indigenous Matoran, but this Uraborask did not seem too hostile. Maybe he wasn’t a part of the genocide, maybe he wasn’t even alive at the time.

It … once again he wondered how many Skakdi died when Mata-Nui’s severed head crashed to this island, and how many of the few Matoran survivors of their genocide had been crushed. So many had died. It … and now the war might begin again. So much death.

Kanohi swallowed, there was not much he could do. But he could at least help the village rebuild, try to mend the damages they faced, and prepare them. And he … he could only hope that the two Toa he foresaw were not in danger yet. 

Meanwhile the Po-Matoran departed for the tower, and worked to signal the airship that hung above the village, “hello, the Taku? We have a message for Toa Ulkarr. A Skakdi approached the village, said his name was Uraborask the hunter. He did not attack, Kanohi recognized him as someone who helped him rescue a Matoran. This Uraborask says he has an offering for Ulkarr, and that his promise is nearly set.”

OOC: @BULiK

IC “Collector” - Ruined Fort

Collector nodded as more Skakdi corpses were found, “It did seem unlikely that two Skakdi could maintain a fort on their own.” They crouched besides the Skakdi of Ice and began to search his body, looking for any hints of burial practices. As they searched the carcass they said, “I do not need a vehicle, I still have my hover bike. But … if there were any spare parts, I would like to try to adapt my vehicle to the terrain of Zakaz.”

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn feel free to decide if they find any ancestral teeth on Thok. 

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Korruhn, Ruin of Ice

The peculiar trio had wandered the desolate fields of ice in silence for what seemed like ever. The endless sheet of ice around them, untouched save for where their feet tread, seemed to stretch out infinitely, until it melded with the distant horizon. The evening sun still threw it's light at the icy surface relentlessly, scattering rays in a brilliant display around them, the beams of light so seemingly tangible that one could see the very snowflakes passing through them as the wind howled and threw them around in a torrent. Korruhn's cloak and hood were drawn tight as he crossed the waste; and yet, even through the tight confines of a hood, he could begin to make out the shape of the ruins before them.

The glittering ocean of the western coastline was in view before they knew they were near the ruins. To their North, they could just make out the toxic clouds enveloping the protodermis lake pouring from the skull of the Great Spirit. They saw the glittering mirage of the ruins echoed on the frozen plains as they arrived. The ruins of the region were a towering ziggurat made of stone and covered in ice and snow. The size of the structure dwarfed the Ko-Metru hideaway Korruhn explored only a few weeks ago. The side with the most direct sunlight wept until a small river ran down its side to form a muddy pool on the ground. Moss and ferns grew near the base of the ziggurat, and tumbled stones bigger than a toa rested in the fields around. A few grazing rahi moved further away as the group approached.

The entrance to the ziggurat stood tall and dark, a massive rectangular doorway. Carved along the lip of the entrance were strange hieroglyphs, full of a deeper meaning and similar in design to the one’s Korruhn encountered while hunting for the Great Disks in Metru-Nui. A chill came from deep inside, the ice coated the floor of the open doorway leading out of sight.

Korruhn was in utter awe of the sight, although he would choose to keep his excitement close to his chest, lest the hunter glean any sort of emotion from him. His eyes began to follow around the area, scanning as a trained map-maker does, taking note of anything worthy around him. The ruin seemed undisturbed, almost unnervingly slow. A creeping feeling of paranoia and fear had slowly been working it's way up Korruhn since they arrived on Zakaz, and this temple ruin brought his fear to a new height. Nonetheless, Korruhn would not die in fear. The very thing Korruhn feared as a Toa, the elemental shadow, was now a part of him, and he embraced it. He felt empowered when imbued with the shadow, moreso than his more traditional elemental gravity. Perhaps embracing his fears further would lead the Toa down a road to further power.

"Well, I don't think we're going to resolve much out here," Korruhn said, starting toward the entrance; the black rectangular maw from which nothingness burst forth. "Who's coming with me?"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

Everyone in the room looked to Stannis in anticipation of the old man's story. Most of them had heard various different war stories of the elder Toa, but whatever they had convinced him to reveal now did not sound like a public legend. The ancient Toa conceded and began to speak.

"Gather now, and all hear the tale of the Great Spirit and of all things..."

"BEEP-BWAMP! BEEP-BWAMP!" the dashboard yelled, as one of the myriad of small indicator lights began flashing to accompany the noise. Knichou quickly pressed a button on the armrest of the co-pilot's chair and the distorted voice of a matoran filled the bridge over the speakers.

"-Taku? We have a message for Toa Ulkarr. A Skakdi approached the village, said his name was Uraborask the hunter. He did not attack, Kanohi recognized him as someone who helped him rescue a Matoran. This Uraborask says he has an offering for Ulkarr, and that his promise is nearly set.”

Knichou picked up a microphone attached to the Taku's radio system and began to transmit back.

"Thank you Po-Koro, we'll relay that to him as soon as we can. We'll drop him off soon, over."

An embarassed Knichou flipped the switch to set the radio on standby again. He turned back to those assembled on the bridge, who were all looking at him now instead of Stannis.

"Sorry about that. We can deal with that situation later. Please, continue," Knichou said, gesturing to Stannis.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

3 hours ago, Crimson Jester said:

IC: Korruhn, Ruin of Ice

"Well, I don't think we're going to resolve much out here," Korruhn said, starting toward the entrance; the black rectangular maw from which nothingness burst forth. "Who's coming with me?"

IC: Sidra - Ruin of Ice

"I didn't trudge all this way to not explore," she replied, following him in. 

Recalling that one of the clues at the previous temple had been hidden in an inaccessible second storey, she activated one of her nektann and sent it scuttling up the side of the structure in search of other access points or entrances. 

IC: Uraborask (Po-Koro)

Uraborask quickly returned to his truck, he didn't want to risk his prey getting away. Returning to the truck, he could see that the tradeskak had tried his best to get away, with him being several feet away from where he was dropped onto the sandy earth. But being blind and bound didn't do them any favors. Picking up the skakdi by the frills of their neck, Uraborask tossed them back into the backseat of the truck, "Admirable effort I will admit, but your time is up. We are just outside the village where the aspect dwells and when we meet him, your fate will be left in his hands." 

Strapping into the driver's seat, Uraborask carefully drove the truck into the center of the village, mindful of the buildings and matoran within. Once he was parked in the middle of town, Uraborask got out of the truck, and pulling out some chewing weeds, he leaned against the outside of the truck keeping an eye on both the airship for any movement and for if anyone were to approach him.

OOC: @Harvali OPI

• Like 1

IC: Parnassus | Sand Worm Attack

Parnassus pulled hard to the left, squeezing through the throng of the war party and trying to circle around the massive ... worm? They assumed so, but they had also never seen something like this before. The sheer scale of the thing was....

The Aspect weighted their options. To be the one to kill the beast would raise them up in the eyes of the war party -- but, of course, that wholly depended on how it could be killed. And the way that Parnassus figured it -- and the way that Barius and the warrior who had been holding onto Reson were going at the beast -- it would be easy enough to hang back and observe the situation for a moment.

Laying on power, Parnassus pushed the Horizon's Call further, trying to flank around behind the worm before it came up for another strike.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: The following post was a collaborate effort between myself and Kal the Guardian. Also, I’m on mobile so the colors and font will probably be weird lol

IC, Aurax and Saybo: The Eclipse

Aurax took a seat as Saybo began to pilot the airship out of the skull of the mechanical giant. He looked at the Toa of Water briefly, then looked out the window. 

He’s a strange one, for sure. But maybe… he could be useful. He seems a little messed up in the head, so I’ll have to tread carefully. 

The Toa of Plasma silently activated his Mask of Charisma. “Saybo,” he began. “I already asked you what you think of Pridak, but what do you think of me? Do you like me?”

As his words reached Saybo’s ears, the Toa of Water began to fall under the sway of Aurax’s mask. As no emotions were  involved that might give the mask away, the manipulation was rather simple and strikingly effective. “Well, we are partners now and... Yeah, actually I do like you!” Aurax smiled. “Thank you, Saybo. I think you’re pretty cool, too.”

Aurax and Saybo soon got into a deep conversation about their histories, with Saybo telling Aurax about his days as a Dark Hunter, and Aurax telling Saybo of the many people in his life who had betrayed him.

You know what the one thing in life I really want? A friend. Someone who trusts me and won’t betray me.”

Saybo looked at Aurax intently. That wasn't fair. Everyone needed a friend to be able to trust. It was very efficient to be able to trust a partner. “Don’t worry, Aurax! I’ll be your friend! Hahaha!” he said.

Aurax raised an eyebrow, feigning surprise. “Really?”

Saybo grinned. “Of course! Everybody needs a friend! How could I not want to be your friend after all you went through?”

Aurax nodded. “Thanks, Saybo. I appreciate it. Would you say that I’m your… best friend?”

Saybo blinked twice, then smiled again. “Yes, you’re my best friend, buddy!”

You’re my best friend too, Saybo,” Aurax said. “We make a good team.” He stood up. “You know what? I’m going to look around this ship and see what sort of tech’s on board, see if there’s anything useful here.”

Saybo nodded. “Okay! I’ll be here, piloting! You take your time.”

After looking around the ship, Aurax concluded that there wasn’t anything much of use. Almost everything left behind by the former owners could be lumped together as a collective of knick knacks and mementos. He did find that the ship had a broken radio and loudspeaker system, so Aurax put his technological prowess to work and got to work on those.

Eventually Aurax rolled out from under the panel he had been rewiring. “Hey Saybo, do me a favor and flip that switch over there, would you?” Saybo reached over and gave the switch a flick. Static noise began to filter through the bridge’s speakers. “Okay, that’s enough,” Aurax said. 

The Eclipse’s radio officially works now!” he said. “Wow! You fixed it? Nice!” Saybo said. “Yep,” Aurax replied. “Being a former Nynrah Ghost has its perks.” 

Amazing, my friend! What would I do without you?” Saybo said. “I don’t know,” said Aurax. “I’m sure you’d be a bit lost without me.”

I bet I would! You know so many more things than I do!”

Well it’s like I said, being a Nynrah Ghost leaves you with a lot of knowledge and wisdom,” the Toa of Plasma said.

Well, you definitely have a lot of those! A lot more than me!” the blue Toa said. 

Don’t sell yourself short, buddy, you know some things. Like how to assassinate people.”

That I do! Hahaha!”

Aurax took a seat next to Saybo. “Now that I remember, I didn’t get to finish asking you all my questions about Pridak. Tell me what you think about him, and be honest.”

Saybo thought for a moment. “Well, Pridak is THE Great Being! There is none else beside! When Matoran speak of Mata-Nui, they are sadly mistaken. Mata-Nui is a false god.”

Was a false god,” Aurax interjected. “Sorry, keep going.”

I look up to Pridak. He is the only reason for living.”

Hey! What about me?!” asked Aurax in a joking manner.

You? Well… I look up to you, too!”

Right. I’m your best friend, full of wisdom and knowledge,” Aurax said. “I’ve never let you down, have I? I’m the reason we found the Eclipse, after all!”

Saybo blinked again, unaware of what Aurax’s mask was doing to him. “Yes, that’s right. You’ve never let me down. Ever since I met you my life has been great.”

Aurax prodded the former Dark Hunter further. “Doesn’t that all mean that I’m at least as worthy of respect as Pridak?”

I… of course! I respect you just as much as I do Pridak!”

We’re in the home stretch now, just a little more.

That’s it? That’s all I get?” Aurax said, again in a joking tone. “Just respect? What about all the things I’ve told you? Aren’t I just as great as Pridak!”

You know what, Aurax you’re right! You’re on the same level of greatness as Pridak!”

Aurax smiled, his web of lies and misdirections almost completed. “And you called Pridak a Great Being, right? That makes me one too.”

Saybo nodded. “Yes... Aurax, you are a Great Being!”

“…But would a Great Being lead to a disaster like the one we’ve been living in?” Aurax asked. “Would a Great Being strand his people on a Karz-forsaken island, with no way home? A Great Being wouldn’t do that.”

No, he wouldn’t,” Saybo agreed even though he still wasn't sure what had caused all this destruction in the first place. 

Aurax stood up out of his chair. “Saybo. I am the Great Being. Pridak is a fool. He has always been a liar. We’re in this situation now because of him. I, your Great Being, will lead a new Kingdom, one where everyone, Matoran, Skakdi, Vortixx, everyone, is equal, and everything is provided for. I have led you thus far. Do I have your allegiance?”

Saybo stared for a moment. Aurax inwardly held his breath, worried that he had been too forward, that he had not been careful enough with his words. Saybo stood up, approached Aurax, and knelt.

Yes. You have not just my allegiance, but my worship.” Saybo's facade faded as the change occurred, his “mask” of emotions now taken off. It would be rude to do otherwise before such grandeur. “You are the Great Being. There is no one else. I will accomplish all that you rightfully demand.” the Toa of Water said, tone even. It was a subtle working, but as soon as Aurax grew greater than Pridak in his thoughts, Saybo's mind rewired itself in the same way it had when he had discovered the Dark Hunters were no more. Aurax was his Great Being as surely as he himself was a Toa of Water. His “home island” was now all who gave Aurax their allegiance.

Aurax deactivated his mask. It was done. He had won himself a new ally- no, a new servant. His plan would move forward.

Aurax smiled. “Thank you, Saybo. Rise. I need you to finish piloting us to Metru-Koro, after all.” The two Toa took their respective seats. 

I’m the Great Being, Saybo. I don’t like that there’s a pretender on my throne.”

I agree, Great Aurax.”

Good. I have a plan on how to deal with him. You’ll play a big part, and so will Stannis. I’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse.”

What’s that, my Lord?”

Freedom from fear of the League.”

• Like 1

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - The Taku (Story Time)

"You had to ask him, didn't you?" Triage said to Iradra. "I have an idea I'd like to run by you after this," he continued, before hushing up to listen. Nale sat down next to the co-captain's chair, legs crossed like a young Matoran about to hear a story from a Turaga who had walked the universe far longer--which is exactly how the moment felt. Here we go... 

@BULiK@EmperorWhenua@Nato the Traveler

IC: Jutori - Ruined Fort

"Beats walking," Jutori said, observing the vehicles. He walked over to them and ran a hand over the hood of the four-wheeler, before drawing it back suddenly. "Does this count as stealing? I mean I know these guys aren't gonna say anything about it, but...you know."

@Snelly@~Xemnas~@pokemonlover360@Onaku@Harvali

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Stannis | The Taku

The blaring of the intercom system visibly jarred Stannis from his thoughts, making him temporarily lose focus. He patiently waited for Knichou to finish the call, though even when the captain politely hung up and tried to shrug off the judgmental eyes of the others assembled on the Taku’s bridge Stannis cast a wary stare at the receiver and at Knichou. It was obvious the Wanderer either did not particularly care for technology or actively disliked it; the truth was somewhere in between, however, and Stannis really just gave up on staying current many years before and decided most newfangled innovation was as much a nuisance for him as a boon for others. It was tolerable, so long as it didn’t get in his way like the radio just had.

Slowly, he reeled his focus back to his story and cleared his throat once to solidify his bearing, and then moved forward one more pace to be nearer to all in the bridge. Stannis lowered his hood and revealed his face, and for those who hadn’t seen his visage before instantly took note of how utterly ancient he looked—his mask only could obscure the narrow cheeks and sunken eyes so much, but his eyes glimmered with a brilliance of cut diamonds lit by a laser. This, they realized, was one of the idea of Stannis they’d all (with the likely sole exception of Whisper) heard of at one time or another, the famed storyteller and historian, the high priest. Lore and mystery hung off his shoulders like his cloak, and as he stretched his sinewy finger out to draw attention to the floor the burdensome tale seemed to seep out like blood from a wound.

It started almost a hundred thousand years ago,” he began. “Back then, there was nothing… nothing but primordial mirth. All existence as we have come to know it was yet to be conceived. In the legends that adorn Walls of History, this era is called the Time Before Time. There are no records of this epoch—none that have survived, anyways—but there were some who remember it. I tell their memories, their stories, and if you trust in me you will learn.

Did you know even gods are born and die just as we do? Their existence is ethereal, their powers of will beyond our greatest comprehension, but nevertheless… every deity has had an origin story of their own. Our Mata Nui’s story begins in the Time Before Time, but there already was a god that ruled those dark ages, his age indescribable and his mere existence defying all explanations known to us. The stories say it was this god who created time itself, manifesting it as one of his last commands upon the worlds, but this was not a boon so much as a trick upon existence for as time moved, so would life… ebb… and flow. His domain was horrible to the point that his name would eventually spawn timeless feelings of fear. His name… was Tren Krom,” Stannis said, uttering the name with an infectious sense of frightful awe. He let it linger a moment then, whetting his lips before continuing.

All gods henceforth lived and died because of Tren Krom’s deeds. We have one thing in particular to thank of him, however, because from the deep mists in the Time Before Time emerged a new god, one with ambitions to lead and govern a people rather than a mere existential concept. It had never been done before but he wished it, and so it would be. From the worldly elements other gods had created before him he possessed the seeds required to create a brand new world, a realm in his image. And so, Mata Nui… came to be.” He pointed a digit out the windshield to the disembodied massive head in the horizon and the gargantuan robot they had previously inhabited.

But the world alone was not what Mata Nui wished for, and He molded beings and races from the images in His mind from the elements of the world—from the earth, the ice, the water... He breathed the spark of life into each of them like a potter blessing his clay creations. First came the Matoran, and from them the first Toa. Then came the rest—the Skakdi, the Vortixx, the Takeans… Some other kinds were spawned by forgers charged by Mata Nui, and some few beings were particularly given their own realms in which to ensure the Three Virtues were practiced, but one thing remained crystalline in clarity to the others regardless how much they were granted power: The Matoran were His favoured creation. It was the Matoran He spoke to the most, sharing wisdoms and guidance, and tasked with maintaining the universe itself. They—we—were the custodians of the world, given the high responsibility to care for the islands, cities, seas, and skies. And to that end, Mata Nui continued to give life to matoran of all the elements, imbued them with innate powers to best protect them in their endeavors, and all under the watchful gazes of their protectors.

Stannis scanned the crowd with wizardly intent, pulling their faces back towards him when they looked any other direction. Even Whisper was spellbound by the storytelling, unable to think of anything but the Wanderer’s unfurling yarn. “Beings were made of every element… save one,Stannis proclaimed.Shadow.

There were questions as to why, of course. Darkness had existed long before Mata Nui and it was arguably from the shadows that He came from, and so it seemed unnatural that something as important as Shadow was deemed unfit to manifest in his pure world’s denizenry. Certain demagogues who chose to zealously enforce His will to extreme levels took the opinion that Shadow was evil by nature because it was different and not part of Mata Nui’s creation. Others believed Mata Nui somehow ‘feared’ the darkness, as though the Great Spirit was a  whelp uncomfortable with the night and required a comforting presence to banish the unseen monsters under its bed. These were all ill-begotten stories, but with every myth there is a grain of truth that started it all.

The reality was that Mata Nui understood Shadow as the manifestation of where He came from—the nothingness of Tren Krom. What is a shadow but the vacancy of all light? When you look into a deep yawning chasm what do you see at the bottom? Nothing, because the darkness is all there is, a consequence of the lack of anything else. You can throw yourself into the gap, perhaps hoping for a quick fall and safe landing, or maybe a long descent you can inflate a parachute to slow your fall in, but you can never be sure unless you banish the darkness first! You see, the truth is that Shadow is not evil, but Mata Nui understood that by its nature is is an absence. It shrouds truths and obscures reality because, by its very nature, it is a hungry nothingness. Mata Nui could not have such things in His universe, not even if well-intentioned, because He desired to fill it with life, and without the hunger of darkness.

Of course, we who have lived through the League’s great war have discovered other truths, that jealousy of another is a different sort of hunger and, left unchecked, can spawn a true blight. We have witnessed destruction wrought in the name of equality regardless of a god’s desires, and after all that we have even witnessed the death of a god by the injuries suffered of his own creations. But that does not invalidate the truths Mata Nui knew nor his understanding of elements that vastly eclipse our own. It is those truths I am invoking here, on this barren world and His divine wisdom upon which I build my case.

He looked then to Iradra. He looked almost sad to her, though it was not clear why, but it was clear he had grown very tired in the time it took to tell the story. "And so, to answer your previous question, I base my statements on God."

@Nato the Traveler @Onaku @BULiK @Eyru @Tarn

OOC | History of Mata Nui 101 has been vetted and approved by UN. :fonz:

Edited by EmperorWhenua
Phrasing.
  • Like 4

After taking a few moments to dwell upon the Toa's words, Whisper decided she disagreed. If Stannis had been intending for his story to make her hate himself, he'd had quite the opposite effect. If anything, she felt privileged to possess a power that a god had been conceited enough to disregard.

"So you consider the element of shadow to be a curse simply because your god chose to reject it from his reality?" She challenged, "The way you tell it, it sounds like a decision made out of fear, born from your god's dread at the thought of returning from whence he came."

She knew how that felt. The fear was always there, at the back of her mind, that she would be ripped away from all that she was, her very individuality would be torn apart and consumed by the antidermis pits. But in defending herself in this conversation, she was discovering something: fear wasn't an excuse she was willing to accept.

Fear didn't justify this Toa's discrimination.

Fear didn't justify what she had done.  

"I can... sympathise with the feeling, on a personal level... but it does not justify prejudice against an entire element and all those who wield it. Your god is dead. Your god was fallible. You are free to form your own opinions."

She turned her head, directing her next words at Taja as much as Stannis, "Shadow is a fundamental part of nature. It's always there, where light isn't. It is not something to be afraid or ashamed of, and it doesn't have to be this empty, hungry thing your Wanderer claims it to be. It can provide shade and shelter, and hide the innocent from prying eyes. As with any element, it can be used for good or ill."

@Eyru @EmperorWhenua @Tarn @Onaku @BULiK

• Like 1

IC: Iradra - The Taku

Iradra stayed silent for a moment, pondering on everything Stannis had revealed. Finally, following Whisper's rebuttal, she sighed, lifting her gaze up again to look Stannis in the eye. "I'm sorry, Toa Stannis, but citing Mata-Nui's will doesn't really convince me either. My experiences with the so named 'Great Spirit' have not lent themselves to a religious mindset for me, and I'm not going to condemn an entire state of being for the biases of a dead god. My own personal discomfort with the element due to my own element aside, I do not judge shadow itself as abhorrent, especially not based on some philosophical theories or religious dogmas."

@EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler @Tarn @BULiK @Eyru

• Like 1

IC Stannis | The Taku

The Wanderer met Iradra's gaze head on. He looked old and worn but still determined and hale, and shrugged under his great cloak such that it shimmered like oil as it fluttered slightly. "I am the storyteller. What you all decide to do after the history is said is up to you."

Of all the beings gathered on the bridge of the airship, it was likely Taja who saw eye-to-eye with Stannis with most. Her life had been spent studying the stars, measuring their movements and translating them into prophecies. She had seen the will of the Great Spirit in action too many times to discard it. The others might see differently, but she knew that Mata Nui, regardless of what you called him, was a deity. If not in name, then in identity: what else would you call the immortal, omnipotent, omniscient ruler of the known universe? The fact that their universe had come to a blazing end didn't erase the centuries of his rule. It didn't change the fact that they were all products of his will and power, and it didn't negate the destinies he had installed in their hearts and written in the skies. 

So when Stannis opined on the nature of the element of Shadow, she was inclined to believe him. Why else would the Great Spirit exclude it from his universe? If all was according to his purpose, then so too was this. And her fraternization with a creature of shadow had tainted her in turn. She had turned aside from the will of the Great Spirit and fallen away, and was now cursed to wander in the chaos and darkness of a world without his light.

As much as she wanted to believe the Aspect, she knew that the blessings of darkness could mean nothing compared to what she had lost. Any element could be used for good or ill, but only one had been rejected by the Great Spirit. She had allowed herself to be deceived by it. She had been unable to resist its temptation. And what had it done to her? She was weak. Cold. Hardly able to stand, let alone fight. She had lost sight of her destiny, and her destiny had abandoned her. She was no Toa if she could not defend her people. She was a being without a name or a purpose. She had lost everything.

• Like 1

IC: Iradra - The Taku

Iradra sighed and nodded, her gaze trailing away from the steely grey eyes of Stannis to rest on the yet miserable Taja. She knelt down to eye-level with Taja, gently placing a hand on her shoulder. As she spoke, her voice was quiet and comforting. "Taja, how do you feel?"

@Eyru

IC: Apex (Ash Barrens)

In ages past...

These skakdi, these foreigners as they were, they were the bane to Apex, an anathema of nature, for how could something born of it be such a destructive force to it. Even now as she prowled after this rampant gang of skakdi, the effects of their destruction can be seen. These Ash Barrens as they are now known as, were once fertile and verdant, bolstered by the ash given off by the island's volcano and lave flows, but are now clouded by toxic smog and vicious eruptions. All caused by those witches within their Nightmare Pit, them and their monstrous rituals, and affront to nature and it's design. This particular gang of skakdi were particularly atrocious though, simply starting fires within the jungles for no apparent reason, she will show them, she will show all of them what happens when you rebel against nature itself.

For three days now she has been tracking them, and for three days she has slowly and methodically picked them off, whether by simply plucking them off the ground and dropping them, tearing them limb from limb, swallowing them whole, or stinging them and leaving the poison to do the rest. What was originally over several dozen skakdi has now been reduced to nothing more than a few dozen. Soon this game of hers will have to end, as enjoyable it is to fill fear and trepidation into the hearts of these heathens, that his a task more suited for her other kin or even for these filthy skakdi.

Lurking within the rocky ridges of the volcano, Apex witnessed as the gang of skakdi made their way into a cavern within the side of the mountain. "Fools, they attempt to hide into the darkness, they do not know the truth of my nature and for that they shall all die." Making her way down the cliffside, Apex approached the cave entrance, entering it, using her powers over shadow to easily sense the various skakdi attempting to hide from her, "They are to die as they lived, cowering in fear, cowering from the dark, cowering from me." And so the slaughter ensued, as desperate fearful skakdi did all they could to survive the onslaught of not only the great beastial aspect, but from the darkness itself as it lashed, striked, and pierced their forms. Nearly all of them were dead when Apex felt the earth itself shake and tremble.

Staring up at the entrance Apex witnessed two dozen skakdi, seemingly lead by a massive imposing skakdi. Then in that harsh and brutish tongue of theirs, the leader gave some sort of command that Apex did not hear over the sounds of the earth and stone being forcibly warped and twisted by the skakdi elementalists, attempting to block off the entrance of the cave. "Simple rocks will not stop me monster, I will take pleasure in tearing through the earth before me and crushing your skulls with it!" Apex roared as she charged towards the half built stone blockade before a great, blinding beams of light was blasted through the openings within the cave's entrance, dissipating the tendrils of shadow that were about to strike against the skakdi and forcing Apex to recoil from their intensity. Although her vision was now filled with spots from the beams and her shadows had been dissipated, she knew which skakdi said the next words to her, his voice seemingly blocking out the other noises, "Hah, let it be known beast, that you have been bested by I, the great and mighty Nektann, now go and wallow in your newly made whole."

As those words ended, so too did the light, as Apex lunged forth for the exit once again, she was blocked by the sudden surge of molten earth that filled the cracks and crevices within the obstructing edifice before her. Reeling back, Apex was forced to watch as the lava began to cool into a harden wall of stone, followed by another tremble of the earth as what can faintly be heard as several explosions rocked what she could guess as the cliff above her

For days, weeks, months, maybe even years she tried her best to free herself, clawing, pounding, and striking at the stone ward that trapped her, but no matter what, she could do nothing, not even using the full extent of her powers over shadow could free her. She was trapped, by the very earth she swore to preserve, within the darkness that made up her being, and there in darkness she dwelled, for decades, centuries, millennia, time was meaningless, all there was is darkness.

During the crash of Mata-Nui

The first thing that Apex felt was the rumble of the earth, this was nothing new, she had felt the shifting of the lands and the shuddering of the volcano many times before, but this one, this was a tremor like no other, for within seconds the very walls of her prison were shifting from the sheer magnitude of it, startling joints and servos that had not moved in countless ages to respond in kind. Falteringly, she attempted to maintain her balance as the island itself seemed to shake, as if struck by some tremendous force. And then it was done, just like that, but something was now different, "Was that...Light!tumbling forwards on ancient limbs, Apex inspected the walls of her prison, and indeed, there was light. With a ferocity that she herself thought had died long ago, Apex dug fervently and desperately at the stone, till at last, it gave way. There, before her, the sun, beautiful and high in the sky. If she was capable of it, tears would be streaming down the aspects face. Making her way out of her prison, she surveyed what was around her, and what she witness horrified her. Although the Ash Barrens were in dire times when she was imprisoned, hope was still a potential, but looking over it now, redemption for this desecrated landscape was impossible. Filled with such utter hopelessness and rage by what the skakdi have done, all she could do was roar, one that would travel for miles across the barren landscape, announcing to all her return, that the Apex of the island is once again free, and that her vengeance would be one that is swift, brutal, and unrelenting.

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

"I feel..." she took a deep breath. "Like I need to get out of here."

She stood up shakily from the chair. Her strength was returning, enough that she could stand more or less on her own, but she still placed a hand on Iradra's shoulder for support.

"When you've finished deciding what I am," she said, looking at Stannis simply because she'd couldn't bear to look at Whisper. "You can keep it to yourself."