Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Mega - Zakaz, Outside Sans' Hut

Speedster? 

It was an attempt, but seriously, he could do a lot better.

"I ain't exactly know all that much about this League folk, so I ain't too sure my bein' there's gonna help things. But I reckon me and Yaushe can run ambulance duty like back at Po." Mega explained, nodding at Triage. "Zsann, reckon you should stick with us too, sweet thing. If the van gets ambushed, I ain't too sure me and Tri could hold 'em off all by our lonesome."

OOC: @A-tak-nid @ZippyWharrgarbl @BULiK @Tarn @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Streets, Outside Sans's Hut

Knichou thought on Mega's words for a few moments. The ex-Ghost was no warrior, but as a weapons designer he had some knowledge of tactics - a powerful weapon is useless if deployed incorrectly, and observing military plans of the past let him understand what weapons, armor, and equipment were needed, and why armies needed them. To Knichou, thinking up a strategy was similar to solving problems while designing a machine. It was always a balancing act of various forces, except instead of cost, weight, manufacturing complexity, and effectiveness, the balancing act was measured in lives, and every experimentation with the formula could be your last. How Metru-Koro would best react to a battle depended heavily on that balancing act: finding out where Pridak had placed his bet, and adapting to mitigate the strengths of the warlord's tactic and exploit any weaknesses.

"This will be different than Po-Koro - we know an attack is coming and most civilians should already be sheltering in cover, plus the walls are stronger and hopefully we can prevent them from entering the city. It all depends on how they attack - if they're using lots of ground forces, your vehicle will be useful for transporting volunteers to do hit and run attacks to take pressure away from those defending the city walls. If they try to tow in artillery for a prolonged siege, we'll need to strike first using my ship and your van as transport. If they attack from the air... well... what I do with the Taku depends on how this next conversation goes, but I don't know if you'll be able to do much from the ground."

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Pridak | Coliseum, Pridak’s Throne Room

A mushroom covered freak found a door equally freakish. The door talked back. The freak returned to me, the absolute top authority in this new world, to report the door said “no” to him. He didn’t stop to consider speaking with someone else, didn’t even speak with a mid-tier soldier or someone else in the Archives remodeling. He didn’t try and kick the door down. He found a closed door and thought: let’s go tell the leader of the revolution. Well, here he is. Here I am. Here we are talking about a door that’s closed.

“Did you try ramming it open? If not why don’t you go get something heavy and try that?”

OOC: @Toru Nui, for Achro.

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Achro (The Coliseum, Throne Room)

Oh yes. Why didn't he think of that? Clearly, ramming open the door that looked like it could withstand explosions was going to yield only good things, and not a substantial collection of broken bones. Why did he listen to this clown, again? Oh, right, vengeance against the Skakdi, and so on and so forth.

Well, there was no answer to this question that didn't involve sass or condescension, and it was unlikely that Pridak was going to take this matter seriously. He could just take the explosives he thought he would need without asking... but, again, the vault door looked like it was 'boomproof', as an old friend would say. If it didn't work, he'd be blamed for the door's considerable structural integrity, as if that was his fault.

"...Alright, I will attempt to open the door with... something heavy." This was ludicrous. It wasn't as if he could drop something on the door. Gravity only worked vertically without intervention, which was rubbish. "Thank you for your time, Lord Pridak."

@Unreliable Narrator

17 hours ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC, Aurax: The Eclipse

Aurax was beginning to grow tired of hearing the old Toa speak. But he knew that Stannis was a good ideas man, so he decided to hear what he had to say. “Alright old man, what exactly do you have in mind?” he asked. 

IC Stannis | The Eclipse

"Get us into the Coliseum and I can guide Skyra, Rose, and Waveahk to secret alcoves on whichever level Pridak has made his throne room," Stannis explained. "Go to him afterward, tell him of your success. When the time is right I will reveal myself to him. Pridak is fearful of magic and fate and knows of me as a sorcerer and soothsayer, myths I can use against him to sow doubt and expose weaknesses you can use.

"Catch him while he is distracted. If you don't succeed, then one of the rest of you strikes when he comes close, individually and only when you have the element of surprise. Pridak is a fierce fighter and attempting to overwhelm him will make it easier for him. You must not allow him to regain footing or else it is a lost cause."

It was not what Aurax would have hoped, allowing Stannis to remain with his known abilities and strength, but it would be a lie if they believed trust would work both ways in this endeavor. Each party would expect the other to betray at any moment, and Skyra, Rose, and arguably even Waveahk would quickly realize losing the Wanderer at this juncture in the war would be a massive loss, even if Stannis himself did not cling to his life as most others did. So if Aurax's entire ploy was to deliver some meaning warriors to Pridak for summary execution in one fell swoop... well, that wasn't tolerable. Stannis was better used as a fighter than a bait. 

On 5/15/2020 at 12:05 AM, pokemonlover360 said:

IC Ysocla - Tactical Panda II:

In a society that’s existed for so long with multiple bands of people in conflict, it’s not a stretch to think there might have been some changes in the land’s structure,” she surmised. “That’s especially the case for a society where the different bands have Tahtorak in their possession.” The indigo skakdi shuffled her position on the railing, facing a bit more towards Yumiwak. “I will admit I’m not much of an expert on our history; it wasn’t really a subject my parents elected to teach me. The closest thing to history I learned was the occasional fable and some tales of those who came before us skakdi.” Ysocla’s usual frown became more pronounced at the mention of her parents, but she maintained her pleasant conversational tone. “How do your ancestors describe this island? I’m curious as to how it’s changed since their time.”

IC Yumiwak | The Tactical Panda II (hex 8,8 to 7,9)

I stared hard at the massive head thing a moment longer before softening—only slightly—and looking back to my engineer. 

She was right, though; the Skakdi had done a lot of harm to the lands, but for all our combative and destructive instincts even we could not wage cataclysmic destruction like what we saw now. Not in the time we had been here, anyway. "A powerful Tahtorak can level mountains, it's true, but we do not use them like that. When was the last time you heard of someone doing that with their pet?" I shook my head a little. "No, nah... somethings more happened, and it wasn't just us.

"Skakdi have only been here for a handful of thousand years—that's what my family histories say. The histories give details on a number of things, like how we called it Zakaz because that was the name of an ancient land we came from, and it was called something much different before we arrived. My ancestors described this island as something entirely different and it's almost impossible to reconcile the changes implied. It was supposedly... filled with a natural splendor and distinct biomes, with glaciers, soaring peaks, lush friendly jungles, and verdant steppes. It's clear the histories talk about the same place because the landmarks are the same—they talk about the Irnakk Teeth, the Kumu Islets, and the Aqua Sphere. Even the Aspects are named. But what they describe as Zakaz was... something else. 

"I love me a fun killing, you know that, but who killed the world?" I gazed off into the sky we were plowing into, lost in a myriad of thoughts. "Even I have a hard time imagining us doing this."

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

She thought this over for a moment. It sounded risky, and she wasn't sure how she'd be on the front lines. She was sure Zsann and the others could handle themselves, but she wasn't sure they were the best candidates for storm troops.

"Now hold on, I ain't sure we're too well suited for that. Van ain't that armoured, and I ain't a soldier." She put her hands on her hips, looking to Triage for support.

OOC: @BULiK @A-tak-nid @Nato the Traveler @Tarn

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - Metru-Koro (Outside Sans' Hut)

"Right, that," Nale said, trying to figure out how to condense the history of the conflict between the people of Metru Nui and the League for the Aspect. "Maybe now isn't the best time to explain. It was six kingdoms, working together. We were at war with them, and...you can see how that turned out if you just take a look at the horizon. I still don't know if it was them, or something else, but either way...that chapter of the conflict ended with a head falling from the sky."

The Fa-Toa looked in the direction of the monument to her old home. "Now they're planning on finishing us off, I suppose. We're preparing to fight them again. Sorry," she said, running a hand through her "hair." "I'm simplifying it too much, but...it's a lot to go through."

"I'm not well-equipped to fight, I'm just a medic," Triage said, shrugging. "I usually avoided the frontlines, but I helped anyone who went there and came back with a hole in them."

@BULiK@Dane-gerous@Toru Nui

IC: Jutori - Ruins of Stone

The Toa of Gravity observed the rocks on the floor, picking one up and turning it over in his hand. "You heard the Kralhi, check out the podium," Jutori said.

@Snelly@~Xemnas~@pokemonlover360@Onaku@Harvali@Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Boss | Irnakk’s Tooth (7,10)

Boss listened to the blinded skakdi, but chose not to comment. Boss felt a fearful knot forming in the pit of his stomach, but couldn’t tell the origin between Barius’ new kraata or the name Apex. Apex would hunt him down. He could count on it as long as his father’s deeds hung in the shameful shadows of his own life.

Others muttered and attempted to breathe through the progressively choking air as the group ascended the side of the volcano. The sulfur in the air diminished Boss’ sense of smell, making his position of domination just that much more tenuous. But he needed a Tahtorak to fulfill his plans.

Miserix needed a tahtorak.

Another hour of hiking up the sides of the volcano passed steam vents and trickling streams of lava brought the warskaks to a flattened ledge where an open hole into the volcanic mountainside released smoke. Skakdi skulls were balanced atop each other in two tall and spindly cairns on either side of the opening. Boss felt his spine raise at the family reunion.

He lit a smoke, one taken from the garage, and savored the moment as his nerves steadied. 

“You’re right about one thing, ashbringer. You certainly are in the wrong place at the wrong time.” Boss said at the skakdi blathering on about aspects and dark debts. “Bring him with us inside. He’ll make good bait.”

Boss put the smoke out on the skull cairn and stepped inside. He knew who would follow.

The dark shadows of the wide hallway they entered clung to the skakdi as if he were made of oil. Boss felt watched. Usually he did the watching. The floor was a thick white mist and rahi bones crunched beneath his feet. He was definitely being watched. The pungent smells of sulphur and burning oil filled the air with a thick cloying scent, and the heat singed the surface of his armor and burned his optics. Boss stood in his exact opposite element. In the darkness of the tunnels waited his darkest memories, ready to pounce and crawl up his spine. Irnakk observed him tread forward. The answer was always forward. So Boss walked forward. Irnakk was there just as Boss's reflection waited in the mirror when Boss walked past in the middle of the night half asleep. Each time Boss turned a corner or came to the landing after a flight of steps downward deeper into the volcano the feeling of being watched returned. But no one else was there beyond the warskaks who followed.

They were all watched. 

Something smelling of vomit and rancid oil and tar waited for them at the end of a twisting corridor of bones. Would they continue past their own despair to the Nightmare Pits? Would they fight their fear?

Or would they do the sensible thing and turn back?

OOC: warskaks, it's time. If you wanna really get into nightmare writing, go for it. :)

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

"I... uh..." Iradra turned to Taja, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Taja, what do you want to do?"

@The UltimoScorp@Eyru

IC: Zadred - Ruins of Stone

"I wonder... could the solution be a hidden mechanism? Could perhaps the podium be moved? Or perhaps there is a hidden switch in the carvings?" Zadred began focusing her vision, trying to discern anything out of place on the walls or over by the omega shape, while methodically pressing and prodding the very same, carefully inspecting every inch as she slowly began making her way around the chamber. "This might not lead to anything, but I think it's worth covering all bases. Maybe you guys can figure something else out while I do this."

@Tarn@~Xemnas~@Snelly@pokemonlover360@Harvali@Vezok's Friend

IC: Druu Arkkan - Metru-Nui Airspace

Last but not least was The Inferno taking off, lifting into the air before its powerful engines roared to life, gradually propelling the airship into motion after the three smaller ships. Sitting in the captain's chair on the ship's bridge, Druu Arkkan smiled to himself and clasped his hands in front of himself, his elbows on the chair's armrests.

@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui@Eyru

• Like 1

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Streets, Outside San's Hut

Knichou frowned. "Here's my perspective on this - this battle is about the very survival of Metru-Koro and its inhabitants. There is no retreat. There is no surrender. The situation isn't ideal, but reality isn't ideal, and everyone who can defend should defend. We don't have the luxury of knowing what Pridak's plan is, so we have to be ready for anything."

Knichou sighed.

"Look, we'll have time to discuss details after I get some answers from Sans. I've had enough waiting around for those inside to finish, I'm going in there. Come with me if you want."

The Fe-Toa began walking around the side of the large hut- revealing another group of beings he hadn't noticed before who were now standing closer to the doorway. One was Zyglak, while the other was a Toa clad in golden armor that Knichou thought he recognized. The armor was familiar yet new - it clearly shared a resemblance in shape to ceremonial Nynran militia armors, but scaled up to a Toa's size and with some distinct modifications. No... That can't be... Unless a League soldier...

Knichou blinked, confused. He slowed his pace slightly while thinking. He wished he could ignore the paradox and go back to stressing about the doomed world around him, but they were between him and the entrance to Sans's hut - Knichou had no excuse, he had to figure out how this Toa got this armor.

"Excuse me miss," Knichou said, walking up behind the Toa of light. "Where did you get that armor?"

OOC: @TL01 NUVA

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax (Still officially Barraki)

Location - Outside Metru-Koro (6, 9), inside the Eclipse at the bridge

With - (Great Being) Aurax, Stannis, Skyra, Rose, Waveahk

Saybo set the Eclipse to maintain its current course and joined the conversation, “I’ve recently accepted a request to try and have peace with the Turaga Sans and his newly anointed hillside ghetto of Metru-Koro.” Saybo quoted Pridak from earlier in the day. The Toa of Water couldn’t remember why the words had been so important to him back then that would give him cause to memorize them, but it was most helpful now, “I don’t think it will pan out, but here’s to hoping for the better days when his mask is in my armory. However, you two are going to help with another issue to the continued success of our safe growth in this new place we call home. Before everything collapsed, the Dark Hunters I’m told were hoping to kill a common enemy: Stannis. They stopped. I would like both of you to finish the job. Bring me his mask when you’re done. And be quiet about it.

Saybo paused, shrugging, “That’s what Pridak told us, almost word for word. He wants your mask.” He nodded to Stannis, a small smirk catching at the corners of his mouth. If he could make his eyes twinkle on command, this would have been the perfect moment to add it to his disguise.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @EmperorWhenua @Tarn @Snelly @Toru Nui

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Metru-Koro (6, 9), inside Sans’ hut

With - Sala, Sans

The others had all left, leaving the brown and tan Aspect and orange and white Matoran alone with the village elder. Sorilax stood, Shadow chair dissipating, and motioned for Sala to join him as he joined Sans in sitting at a modest table. The wooden chair creaked as he sat, as if whining about how many people it had already hosted throughout the day. “Greetings, Turaga. My fellow chronicler and I have much to discuss with you, if time permits.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Azibo

Edited by Kal the Guardian
  • Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Keitara ( A stranger approaches! Pokemon encounter music plays)

Kei was about to answer Irna's question , the pieces of the idea falling together in her mind like a puzzle, when she heard a voice from behind her.

"Excuse me miss, where did you get that armor?"

That voice. Did she know it? Her mind was still racing. Turning around, she saw that she was being addressed by what appesred to be a Toa of Iron with a highly distinctive Kanohi Kakama. 

She let out a dry laugh. "I certainly wish I could tell you. To be honest, I just remember waking up in it this morning. Not much before that, scarily enough."

Suddenly, the implications of what was being asked sank in through Kei's excitement. "Why do you ask? Do you recognize it? Do... did I know you?"

(OOC: @BULiK)

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

"But I ain-" 

He'd already started walking off. Mega sighed, not following him. A proper plan would formulate as soon as the Turaga gave some council, she guessed.

The Fa-Matoran resisted the urge to light another cigarette, instead glancing to the Toa of Plantlife again.

"Boy's real insistent." She murmured, trying to look more positive after the fact. "How you feelin', anyway, pumpkin?" 

OOC: @Tarn @A-tak-nid @ZippyWharrgarbl @Nato the Traveler

IC Stannis | The Eclipse

The old toa studied Seybo with disbelief for a moment, seeing something that either was there or not, until he finally looked impressed with something. "Plushie Man either has an excellent memory or is a fantastic actor. I feel it's likely both are true."

He sighed and studied the possibilities like trail routes on a detailed map. "Alright, Pridak wants my kanohi. You may deliver it to him. But not my body."

• Like 1

IC: Triage - Metru-Koro (Outside Sans' Hut)

He sighed. "I'm...alright. Nervous. I'm not like the others who served, I'm not dressed like a walking tank or an adrenaline junkie with a death wish, I'm just...Triage. People get hurt, I heal them. I don't even carry proper weapons, unless he expects me to threaten the League with a scalpel."

Triage rubbed his temples. "Sorry, I'm just...you know."

@Dane-gerous

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut

The Toa of light turned around to see the former Nynrah Ghost's face suddenly contort in shock. Knichou would have looked to Nale for help if his eyes weren't darting all over Kei, trying to escape the magnetic effect her armor had on his vision, but always stumbling into more and more details that confirmed what he knew he couldn't be seeing. It was her, but it wasn't her. It couldn't be her. Unless they lied? No. Impossible. Given the past week, Knichou was starting to think he no longer knew what was possible or impossible. He didn't even try to answer Keitara's question, he was too bewildered.

"Nale... remember what I told you about... umm... 'mirrors'... right? It's happening again, isn't it?"

Edited by BULiK

IC: Skyra Daring - The Eclipse -

"Pridak sure seems to want a lot of masks these days, first he wants that 'creation mask' or whatever it was Sans stole from him, and now he wants Stannis' stupid mask? No offense to your mask Stannis, I'm sure it's great." Skyra paused, looking thoughtful. "Do you think he's compensating for something?"

OOC:  @Tarn @EmperorWhenua @Toru Nui @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Zaliyah - Po-Metru

It wasn't long before the Razorfish and the rest of the armada were crossing past the Coliseum and cruising high over the cracked, cluttered expanse that had once touted itself as the cultural capital of Metru Nui. Now Po-Metru was little more than a graveyard to the past, strewn with shattered sculptures and destroyed dreams. 

Still-intact statues stood as silent sentinels amidst the windswept debris, marking themselves out as easy targets for the would-be bombardiers. 

"Okay, listen up," Zaliyah switched to an open channel, "The artillery mounted on these ships are pulse bolt generators. The blasts will grow in strength the further they travel, but Ehlek said there's a sweet spot between range and explosive power. So pick a direction, pick out a landmark you'd like to see erased, and dial in the range."

She ordered the Vahki to pull the ship to a halt, as she searched her surroundings for an appropriately irritating construct to eradicate. "Hopefully our max range will be significantly beyond what an individual Toa can throw at us, so pinpoint precision won't matter when bombarding the camp, but the enemy did have at least one airship when I was there before, so take the time to work on some accuracy shots at closer distances as well in case we have to fight ship-to-ship. Just please do not fire anywhere near any of us when you're practicing." 

@Toru Nui @Onaku @Eyru

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Corrivalis - Irnakk's Tooth

Corrivalis dutifully followed Boss deeper into the nightmare. Fear and unease still gnawed at him, the sense of being watched leaving him cold and clammy, but still he strode forward. It was his duty, it was his purpose, to serve as part of the warband. 

Whatever awaited him was meant to be... wasn't it? 

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

She understood him. He was just a cog, and maybe he felt under equipped and outclassed. Not that he should, but she knew the feeling.

"That's all ya gotta be, least I figure." The Fa-Matoran's ruru lit up with a comforting smile. "A stitch ain't the same as a bullet, but they're both real important, ain't they?"

She wasn't all that good at the life lesson thing, but she hoped it helped.

OOC: @Tarn @A-tak-nid

IC, Aurax: The Eclipse

Aurax snorted. “He probably got a taste of power from wearing the Mask of Creation and is now addicted to it,” he quipped. 

“Alright, Saybo and I will take Stanni’s mask up to Pridak. We’ll land the airship in a spot where you four are less likely to be spotted. After Stannis makes his entrance, I’ll try to get him in the face with plasma. Saybo and I will do our best to get you your mask back in one piece. Are we in agreement?”

"Probably not okay, no," Knichou flatly responded to Nale, his gaze still locked on Keitara. "You're dead, Keitara. You died. How are you not dead? I know I look a bit different -" Knichou said, gesturing wildly at himself. "But you -" Knichou poked an accusatory finger against Keitara's heartlight, partially for emphasis and partially to confirm that Keitara was real. "- Don't recognize me?" Knichou drew his hand back, all of his fingers now resting next to the colored emblem above his heartlight.

IC: Keitara (¿QUÉ?)

"How do you know my..."

Keitara felt something whither within her. The excitement drained away, but it wasn't replaced by anything. She felt empty, hollow. Dead? What was this person talking about?

"You must be wrong." She said. "No, that's... that is impossible. I'm here, I'm alive, Karz" she said, a small worrying giggle escaping her throat, "I almost died today. Dead beings can't die again, can they?"

Scrabbling in her satchel she withdrew the remnants of her late Toa tool. "Look at this. Could a dead being have done something like this?" She held out her hand, conjuring a small orb of blue-gold phosphorescence in the dying light. "Could a corpse do this?" There was genuine panic in her voice now. Whatever memories she had believed were locked away from her, this could not be it. But still, she'd... hurt when she'd awoken. She hadn't fully felt herself until that Aspect being had healed her. 

"...who are you?" asked Kei, her frustration and desparation crafting themselves into that single, short inquiry.

(OOC: @BULiK)

Edited by TL01 NUVA

20220406_234727.jpg

IC: Triage - Metru-Koro (Outside Sans' Hut)

"Yeah, you're right. Just wish the captain saw it that way. He brought me on board that ship because I was a healer, I didn't sign up to be a grunt." Triage slumped down next to the hut, sitting with his back against it. "It's no use arguing with him anyway. The League's gonna be here soon, I gotta be ready for...whatever."

@Dane-gerous

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Knichou finally closed his eyes, bringing his hand up to his brow to support his tired, confused head. He didn't know what to do - if Keitara didn't remember him... should he tell her? Could the undead hold a grudge from a past life? Was this an opportunity for him to start over with Keitara? Would lying just repeat the cycle? Unable to decide, he ignored her question and kept talking.

"I... I... don't know how you are alive. Everyone - trust me, EVERY report - said you were dead. When I saw your armor I thought... I thought one of those League ########s stole it off you as a trophy or something. I don't understand what's going on..."

IC: Keitara (Life-altering realization hours)

Kei forced herself to calm down, or at least slow her breathing. Her body was still numb with shock at this revelation. Dead? There was no way. This stranger had to be mistaken.

Still, some fundamental part of her that made her Kei told her that there, in front of her, was somebody who was distressed. Worse still, they were distressed because of her. And there was something... faint echos, memories of a blasted field of once-green grass, the smell of hot metal and hydraulic fluid.

A sharp pain in her back...

Then it was gone. Again. Infuriatingly close. yet unreachably far.

Shaking her head slightly, the Av-Toa reached out, placing a hand gently on the distraught Toa's shoulders. "Hey, hey. It's okay. You thought I was dead, or at least you think it was me. But I'm here now." Her smile just failed to reach her eyes. "That's good, isn't it?"

Kei turned to look at Irna, desperate for some scrap of normalcy in the face of this existential nightmare.

(OOC: @BULiK @Conway)

Edited by TL01 NUVA

20220406_234727.jpg

Knichou shivered for a moment as Keitara tried to steady him by placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Y-Yes. You being alive is good. Just... paradoxical..."

He lifted his head to look Keitara in the eyes.

"Do you really not remember anything? Does the name Knichou mean nothing to you?"

IC: Tuakana | Ruins of Fire

They entered the ziggurat.

Beyond the doorway was a dark hallway. Its walls were covered in old symbols and hieroglyphs, some painted and others carved. Here and there were portrayed scenes of forgotten rites and rituals. Sacrifices. Transformations. And through them all ran images of flames, as befit this old temple. Trees on fire. Mountains erupting. Torches lighting pyres. Beings consumed by flames, their faces carved in grotesque expression of agony. These evocative illustrations were like stones cast into an underground lake, spreading ripples far into the darkness of their memory. Moving slowly down the corridor, they felt stirrings of recollection. Memories, long obscured by the mists of time, began to surface. Ancient chants and sacraments echoed faintly in their mind, as if if heard from a great distance.

The hallway opened into an inner chamber. It was in as much disrepair as the outside. Long cracks ran through the pillars that held up the ceiling, giving the impression that it might collapse at any moment. The walls, decorated in horrifying beauty much like the corridor, were pocked and scarred. Great sections of glyphs were obscured or destroyed, the secrets they held now lost. The floor was strewn with rubble. Here and there lay old bones and rusty armour, the remains of either ill-fated explorers or ritual participants—impossible to say which. All were alike in death. 

In the centre of the chamber stood a small podium. A basin rested on top. Both carved of some dark rock, they seemed impervious to the ravages of time that had left the rest of the temple in ruins. And around this basin stood three beings. It was poetic, they thought. Three beings. Three Aspects. All drawn to this ancient shrine after untold years of desolation. One of these explorers had rung the gong. Did they know what they had summoned? Did they understand what had been set in motion? Unbidden, a fragment of old verse bubbled to the surface of their slow mind:

Three by three, they walk along

By candle's light and shadow's song.

They entered the chamber. Perhaps they were unnoticed at first, but the beings would quickly notice their arrival, especially when Apex wriggled the bulk of her larger body through the entrance. 

OOC: @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler @Onaku @Sparticus147 @~Xemnas~

• Like 2

IC: Keitara

Kei winced slightly. It did, oh how it sent little pinpricks cascading through her mind. That name had been important, hadn't it. Knichou. She'd known him, surely? A bitter sob began to rise in her throat.

"No... I'm sorry. I'm so, s-so sorry. I can't remember. I want to remember, I'm trying to remember, but- augh!" Kei growled in frustration at her own inability to recal this so, so familiar individual.

"I'm sorry. My... my mind. There's... something wrong with my mind- gah!"

In the nonstop trainwreck of realizations, revalations, and bombshells that this day had held Keitara had nearly forgotten the presence of her little, luminous hitchhiker. They seemed to desire making their presence known, however. For the first time. Kei felt the being wriggle against her, pressing against and, oh Great Beings, was that into her flesh? She had no idea. Up until this point the kraata had been a simple, yet odd, fact. But it was just now dawning on the poor Av-Toa that there was, indeed, a living and self-willed entity fused to her back.

It was not the kind of revalation she needed at a time like this.

(OOC: @BULiK @Conway)

20220406_234727.jpg

"Don't strain yourself if you can't remember. I don't know exactly what's wrong with you, I wish I did..."

Knichou struggled to think of what to say.

"We... were friends. That's all you need to know for now," Knichou spoke with a firmness to that statement that he could never truly believe. He had often wondered if she forgave him for the accident, or if she saw or was forced to see things the way the tribunal did.

Edited by BULiK