MNOG 2 & VNOG Playability

Illuminatus

I've got an eerie feeling I've asked this before but for the life of me, I can't find where or when.

So here goes again, possibly: is the version of MNOG 2 that's available on BMP beatable or not? I remember playing the game in 2005 on bionicle.com when some files were already corrupted (such as Nokama's dialogue), making it impossible to progress past a certain point.

I'd love to be able to start the game all over again but only if I know I can finish it properly.

The same question goes for the VNOG. Not that it was ever corrupted, I'd just like to know how complete and thoroughly playable it is in its current state?

Thanks!

Begin rant of how MNOG II is almost unplayable by design compared to the beautiful simplicity of the original MNOG... stupid Kohlii matches...

Although as already stated, the BMP versions are basically the most glitch free and cleaned up versions out there due to community work. I am curious as to what will be done to keep the games running though now that Flash is being phased out. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

1 hour ago, Xboxtravis said:

Although as already stated, the BMP versions are basically the most glitch free and cleaned up versions out there due to community work. I am curious as to what will be done to keep the games running though now that Flash is being phased out. 

The download versions of all the flash games will still work regardless of this! the future of playing the games in-browser is less certain, but I know JrMasterModelBuilder has a couple potential options in mind.

• Upvote 2

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

1 hour ago, Peri said:

The download versions of all the flash games will still work regardless of this! the future of playing the games in-browser is less certain, but I know JrMasterModelBuilder has a couple potential options in mind.

Is there a downloadable version that supports local saves? Heck, even if it's just spinning up a local DB that mimics the main BMP infrastructure, just looking for something self-hostable.

Edited by Iruini Nuva
  • Upvote 1

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

7 hours ago, Peri said:

the future of playing the games in-browser is less certain, but I know JrMasterModelBuilder has a couple potential options in mind.

Wouldn’t it be possible to simply retain an old version of a browser that could run Flash and still play the old games? I have an old XP laptop that has been really helpful, especially for the Map of Mata Nui thing the community saved. 

• Like 1

you can call me boomie :D

5 hours ago, Illuminatus said:

Okay, thanks, guys. That's great to know.

Is there any original content missing in the current versions?

And how come I can't get the VNOG to start? It crashes every time it reaches the "Worker module" or something of the sort.

A lot of browser make SWF click-to-run these days. There are 2 SWF's on the page, the main interface and a 1x1 pixel worker one. Make sure both are allowed to run.

43 minutes ago, 21Boomerangs said:

Wouldn’t it be possible to simply retain an old version of a browser that could run Flash and still play the old games? I have an old XP laptop that has been really helpful, especially for the Map of Mata Nui thing the community saved. 

Yes, not ideal, but should be possible at a minimum.

Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder
  • Like 3

Are signatures still a thing?

6 hours ago, Iruini Nuva said:

Is there a downloadable version that supports local saves? Heck, even if it's just spinning up a local DB that mimics the main BMP infrastructure, just looking for something self-hostable.

MNOG II Built In Save

VNOG Built In Save

these might be what you're looking for!

• Like 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

The only issue I ever had with MNOG II is the Kolhii matches. I have to use the cheat and set myself to like 100 for everything to make it work.

I recall playing VNOG through and beating it on BMP, though I used some kind of cheat to get the kill-anything weapon. The coding and everything works.

I keep hearing about Flash and it scares me so much. The computer at work doesn't support it, so I already can't play them when I'm here. In some dystopian future where no computer supports Flash, will we still be able to download them?

• Like 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 4 months later...
On 4/16/2020 at 3:22 AM, Master Inika said:

In some dystopian future where no computer supports Flash, will we still be able to download them?

It's not really a matter of the computer, but a matter of the operating system and, if playing in browser, the browser. You can put old software (including an old operating system) on a new computer.

my only problem with MNOG2 (other than having to constantly train, or grind, for the stupid Kolhii matches, which i don't bother with, lol) is after i'm done exploring Ga-, Po-, Onu-, and Ko-Koro/Wahi, i try to mosey my (or Hahli's) way to either Ta-Wahi/Koro or Le-Wahi/Koro, but when i get to a a certain point an area is shown but Hahli is MIA (Missing In Action)! tis led me to believe it was some sort ov glitch that won't let me explore the remaining two Wahi/Koro, but looking back at it i'm thinking it was a soft-lock (which is bull)! so, i guess i have to actually do the work/train/grind and play the stupid matches in order to explore the remaining Wahi/Koro! but ov course i can't be bothered to waste a lot ov time doing that right now! lol 

also, i was playing on the BioMediaProject website since i didn't want to download it! sorry! :P 

as for VNOG, i have never played that game so i can't help you with that one! sorry! :P