LEGO Monkie Kid Set Details

Monkie_Kid_Announce_80006_teaser.jpg
As promised earlier this morning, here is the info on all of the new LEGO Monkie Kid sets! We've got lots of hi-res pictures and some videos giving you a good look at the builds from many angles. There's a ton of great designs here, not to mention lots of fantastic parts. The mech designs are amazing, and I can't wait to pick them up. So go check them out and then let us know what your favorites are!

View the full article

Man, this feels like a TV show that somebody from Ninjago would be seen watching for three seconds. Apart from that, this theme looks pretty cool. I love the look of that jet with its bold color scheme and the detachable bike. I also love what Mei's got going on; I have a mad soft spot for Power Rangers, especially the green ones. I might actually try and get a set with her in it.

mindeth the cobwebs

10 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Man, the prices are ridiculous. How could anyone buy these things like that? :(

$35 for the smallest set... Sometimes, I wonder if there are parents out there paying handsomely for household chores. :D On one hand, I gotta appreciate that these sets are something of substance. On the other hand, that usually means more pieces, which means the prices skyrocket. I get that there's a lot that I don't know about things like finances and how prices are set, but I'll be surprised if this theme catches on, what with how expensive it is. How are nine-year-old kids gonna afford these sets? Either way, at the end of the day, I'm sure LEGO knows what they're doing.

mindeth the cobwebs

Wow, these sets look great! I love the whole aesthetic of the line, and it really manages to stylistically differentiate itself from other lines like Ninjago that have shared similar concepts. I like the bright colours and the little details, especially in the environmental set pieces.

Some good comments made here about the price: it is interesting that there are no entry-level sets. There's usually a smaller set or two in the $10-15 range, but the cheapest set is over twice that price. I wonder if that has anything to do with the line appearing to be aimed primarily at a Chinese market. LEGO has focus groups and marketing experts, so it must be a deliberate decision to not release any smaller sets. I'm intrigued.

LEGO is really putting their all into this theme (or at the least, this first wave), and it really shows. Every single set looks like they put as much time and detail into it as they do their LEGO movie themes, and I'm really excited to see where this theme goes. I do think the prices are not great, though. I do think they're justified for most of the sets; in fact, I think the Monkey King Warrior Mech looks above the price point they have it listed at, but the fact there are no real cheap sets is disappointing. I hope in future waves they have some more $15 or $20 sets, since I really like the look of this theme so far.

Also, another interesting thing to note is that, comparatively, these sets are actually more expensive in China than they are here. The White Dragon Horse Bike is $34.99 in the US, but in China, the price is ¥299, or about $42.10 converted to USD. The Monkie Kid's Team Secret HQ set is $169.99 in the US, but again, in China, the price is ¥1599, or about $225.14 USD straight-converted.

• Like 1

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png