The Official Minecraft Topic

i found a totally amazing Jungle, with massive trees and a huge mountain.I'm building a tree city. Not a tree house. A tree city, like the ewoks in star wars, minus little bear people.

I figure I may as well do PBZPs now. But, I have a terrible work ethic,so they may take a while.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

blue=taken, red=in progress

If Pocket Edition would run on my iPod I would buy it in a heartbeat. However, iOS 4.3 doesn't seem to be compatible with 3rd gens, so I dunno what to do about that other than buy a new one.1.2 is looking good, although I haven't played it yet. (Doing a vanilla let's play kinda prohibits update prereleases and game-changing modifications)I've been working on a huge city with a couple friends for the last few days. I'll put up screenshots eventually. It'll probably be about 1500x1500 when it's all done, no idea how big it is now. I just know you can't see from one side to the other with normal render distance. (Which really isn't that far, I guess)

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

I pretty much only ever use Far. It doesn't slow things down bad enough for me to actually worry about it, and it's great for village-spotting in Superflat.Speaking of which, I am once again searching for my old village network. Considering installing a modification to map the terrain so I know where I've been.Aaaaand I am still totally incompetent to install either ModLoader or Journey-Map.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Don't worry, I fail at installing modds too. Unfortunately.Has any word been given on whether old worlds will spawn Jungle Biomes after 1.2 is officially released? I'd rather not have to make a brand new world to get the biome, but I need the jungle biome. It's so bright and green compared to the dreary colouring of the worlds currently.-ibrow

Current indicators seem to suggest that you will have to either make a new world or go to brand new areas in your current world to see the Jungle Biome.The point at which I fail with mods seems to be just in getting ModLoader to function, and, more specifically, in modifying minecraft.jar. None of the things I've found online giving instructions have given helpful instructions.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I've got MCPatcher so I can use the higher-end texture packs, but mods like Journey-Map need ModLoader, don't they?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

On the abandoned topic of super-flat survival worlds, I found a way to keep slimes and most mobs out out of the village.(I mean, most people have already thought of this, but I'm the first to mention it.) See link below for more details.http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BioBeast/Minecraft/anti-mob_idea.jpg

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

That's certainly one way to go about it. One thing that has to be considered is how much you care about keeping mobs out of the village versus how much you just want them to stop bothering you specifically. I took the second route and built a 40-block pillar with a stone house on top of it, covered the road leading to the pillar in stone slabs, and put fences at the edge of the road. By pure luck, the pillar occupies one of those chunks where Slimes won't spawn, so even the rooms built into the pillar itself are mob-free now that I've put lighting in.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

True, but if you get them out of the town, then you can move about the town without fear of mob attacks. (And, I needed something to specify this town from all the others I half took apart.)

Yeah, that's great for if you want to keep the town around - and I may well flood the place just to make stripping it of its resources a little easier - but my main goal with the town next to my pillar is to raze it to the ground and use whatever I get from it for my own needs.The dry moat seems to be a simpler solution for a town you want to keep in place, but, at this point, I've abandoned everything below y=40 as far as living quarters go.EDIT: Had some good fun roughing up Endermen until one of them got smart. Not likely to find all of the stuff I dropped except by chance. It's at ground level, in a village, but as I was traveling at the time, I didn't bother with x/z coordinates. Ah well, it was good fun.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I found the best seed for a flatworld.MAn, there is a village really close to spawn with enough iron to make a pick, and another one is real close.That one has 2 diamond and 7 obsidian.Seed: -437123886035843346Location of village 1 (Closest road): X: -175, Z: 684Second one (Closest farm to spawn): X: -324 Z: 997.I was so happy when I found it.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Well, I had a great house built on a mountain. 3 stories and a lookout post on the roof. A mine that went down to bedrock, and a crapload of iron. So what do I do? I go into a forest to find some spiders so I could make a bow. I get lost, and now I can't find my house. So I crafted a compass, thinking "Well, i couldn't of made my house too far away from my spawn." Once I (finally) found my spawn, I found I still couldn't find my house. I really wish you could set a point to where your compass points, or it could point to your bed. Because if you build your house a considerable distance from your spawn, compasses are kinda useless. Well, I better keep looking <_<.

redteamsig.jpg

Credit for the avatar and banner goes to Shattered Mask Productions.

Ooh, I had that trouble in Superflat. Always make sure to get the x/z coordinates of your present address. Might also help to keep track of those coordinates as you're traveling, so you don't make the mistake I just did and die in some village far from home, with no chance of finding all that iron and gold you'd collected.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Here's what I do(CHEATER TIME!)Open your inventory in INVedit, but don't change it.Kill yourself. Just kill yourself(only if your house is near your spawn or your spawn is your bed.)After respawning, close Minecraft, save using INVedit, then reopen minecraft.YOU FOUND YOUR HOUSE!

I figure I may as well do PBZPs now. But, I have a terrible work ethic,so they may take a while.

Eh, I've never really seen the draw of programs like INVedit, and, consequently, don't use them.Besides, wandering around, fighting off roving hordes of monsters is way more fun.Ah! I just remembered the worst part - I was at level 48 when I died. Fortunately, slimes give cheap experience.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

i use inveit for tnt since i've been working on stripmining. legitimately collecting the materials for that takes far too long.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Eh, I've never really seen the draw of programs like INVedit, and, consequently, don't use them.Besides, wandering around, fighting off roving hordes of monsters is way more fun.Ah! I just remembered the worst part - I was at level 48 when I died. Fortunately, slimes give cheap experience.

Yeah... Same happened to me. I was XP grinding(I had just visited a village with 5 Obsidian and 2 Diamonds) and got lost. Then I died.But luckily I respawned close to where I died. Don't you hate it when you are completely lost, then you find out that you were like two blocks away from your house the entire time?

anyone tried hardcore? i play every now and then just to see how long i can last. if you thought dying in survival was rough, you should see how harsh it is in hardcore. the pressure is so much heavier when you know your entire world will be lost if you die.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

I'm going to try hardcore after I get my Superflat house completely stabilized. At the moment, I haven't run checks to make sure it's entirely self-sustaining.EDIT: Never going to bother with ModLoader again. It screwed MCPatcher up so thoroughly, wrecked my game (saved my saves!), and just generally made a nuisance of itself. As Journey-Map doesn't actually seem to mind MCPatcher, I'm just going to install JM through MCP.EDIT2: Well that's lovely. If I use MCPatcher, my texture packs work but JM doesn't. JourneyMap seems to only work with ModLoader, which I don't know how to install.So much for finding things I'd lost in Flatland.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

UmOk, I'm not sure what I expected as far as village defensesBut it definitely wasn't mutant Iron Testificates.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Yeah.That thing...It seems like something you would get out of a moderator...But what is with those green body lines?...I want to hide from it, especially if it decides to attack you.

Vines I think.Apparently it's based on the robot from Castle in the Sky, which was the first thing I thought of when I saw it.~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Snapshot 12w08. Villagers can now defend themselves with the power of heavy metal.I for one welcome our new metal overlords... so I can try mining the metal they're made of when they're not looking. I already tear down villages, beating down their defenders is just the next logical step.In other news, I've abandoned Journey Map in favor of Minetographer. Currently waiting to see how this works out.EDIT: EVERYBODY. If you want to be able to find everything you have ever done in any Minecraft map you have, get Minetographer/Tectonicus. One minute in and I found exactly where I needed to go to find everything I had ever lost. I also found out that I had only ever gone north-west from the initial spawn point, which strikes me as weird.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Cool but I suggest leaving the golems alone,they have fifty hearts of health and can do four to ten hearts of damage according to the wiki.So ironically you need iron weapons to stand a chance of harvesting their iron. Anyway I might set up a few of these guys around my base when 1.2 comes out.

Yeah, and I have devised the perfect defence for my creative fortress.It would be encased in some random block (Thinking of making it wood...) with only a few entrances here and there. All around the exterior of the house are cats encased in glass, to ward off creepers. Then, at each entrance is an Iron golem which is stuck so it won't walk away. It will keep any zombies at bay, and skeletons will be little problem. and of course, spiders won't be able to get through the entrances... so only a bunch of spiders will remain come daytime.I hope it works.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Forget city size. Just build stuff until you think "Man this is big. let's stop."Also, I'm wondering, should I get the new snapshot?

As a general rule, I never get snapshots - they're always buggy one way or another. I prefer to wait for the official release, and leave the bug-finding for people who enjoy doing that.With regards to the defenses, yes, iron golems will make excellent bouncers - until the enemy builds a cannon aimed at your wall, and renders the whole system pointless.Me, paranoid? Noooooo.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

It should be noted that, for reasons that aren't entirely clear to me, Minetographer thinks West is actually North.On the plus side, I have found (and looted) my first grave. Left the goofy wooden tools in there, took the bed and all the useful stuff.Also, never use a Diamond Helmet with the LB Photorealism Texture Pack. It looks unreasonably goofy. The only respectable helmet in that texture pack is the Iron Helmet.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The sun in Minecraft used to rise in the North, but it was fixed to start rising in the East a few updates ago. Seeing as it thinks the actual North is really East, that might explain the problem - they set the "East" to where the sun rises, and never bothered to change it.As for the graves, uh... my graves. There are a couple of spots where I picked fights I shouldn't have picked, and got killed. Using Minetographer, I found the first one.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom