The new abilities are pretty good to.

Like Tapu Koko's instant electric terrain ability, and I think Bruxish can negate all priority moves. Those are some pretty powerful I must say. It's also nice we have confirmation Zygarde 50% can evolve to perfect form.

• Upvote 1

Im honestly more exited for the Dragon/Steel Pokemon but still lets see if Tapu Koko is like the 3rd Legendary and what we thought that the 3rd Legendary was and eclipse like Pokemon is a lie.

Considering Tapu Koko is considered the guardian of the island you start out on, and there are four islands, I think it's more likely that it's one of a separate set of "island guardians", akin to other sets of secondary legendaries like the legendary birds, legendary beasts, or legendary golems.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Im honestly more exited for the Dragon/Steel Pokemon but still lets see if Tapu Koko is like the 3rd Legendary and what we thought that the 3rd Legendary was and eclipse like Pokemon is a lie.

Considering Tapu Koko is considered the guardian of the island you start out on, and there are four islands, I think it's more likely that it's one of a separate set of "island guardians", akin to other sets of secondary legendaries like the legendary birds, legendary beasts, or legendary golems.

True But could a Eclipse like Pokemon exist? Im wondering if it does it would be like a banished Pokemon that in the story you will catch it in the only time its available a eclipse but i really hope we dont get a Zygarde or Rayquaza like identity. But its very possible it could be.

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

True But could a Eclipse like Pokemon exist? Im wondering if it does it would be like a banished Pokemon that in the story you will catch it in the only time its available a eclipse but i really hope we dont get a Zygarde or Rayquaza like identity. But its very possible it could be.

Sure, it's definitely possible for a third legendary like that to exist. Though technically, I think it might be more likely for eclipse symbolism to be used to signify an imbalance between the two title legendaries, rather than being used for a separate Pokémon—Solgaleo becoming more powerful than Lunala could be symbolized by a lunar eclipse, and vice-versa with a solar eclipse. EDIT: I just realized that logic wouldn't make much sense for a lunar eclipse, considering it's the Earth that casts a shadow. :P Maybe the symbolism WOULD make more sense for a third legendary.

In any case, if we do get a third legendary of that sort, its story significance won't remain exclusive to the anime like Zygarde's...

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 1

Lyichir:

Sun Moon spoilers?
Your theory could be actually spot on! There might -not- be a third 'title' legendary, in that respect at least. Because that sorta thing would be taken by Zygarde.

Think about it... we heard about all the stuff, then it just went quiet for like a year. We got implications, then nothing until the anime, and even that just stopped the plotline for a bit. We're already to the league, and Flare's been dead quiet, although there's hints that things might be up, what with Malva being present at the league, and, well, Alain.

Then, in terms of SUn and Moon, we have Zygarde's forms all newly confirmed, and IIRC, mention of the Cells and Cores on the site. Including one mention that the Cells are all over the Alola region; which... doesn't really make sense. Then you consider that Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves are finally in the games after skipping -two-... and then factor back in the mention of balance... and the earth. It might actually be that Zygarde is a member of two trios. It's hard to tell still, but...

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, has anyone else been playing Pokemon Go? I have it for a bargain Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Light), and it works surprisingly well. The catching aspect is fun, the PokeStops and Gyms are a good encouragement to get out of the house, and the different terrains causing different Pokemon to show up is really neat. Downtown Olympia is full of rares, so that's fun (and encouragement for a bike ride down there).

Fun Go story: I was sitting around in my house at 11-12 o clock last night, when I felt like using an Incense (something that attracts Pokemon to you). On the radar, I saw an Abra, an Oddish, and a Hypno, the last being one of the best Pokemon in-game. Since it was midnight, I couldn't up and leave the house until I found them, so I just holed up on the couch and waited... and waited... and waited... and at the end of the night, all I caught was two more Weedles and a Pidgey. :P

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

So, has anyone else been playing Pokemon Go? I have it for a bargain Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Light), and it works surprisingly well. The catching aspect is fun, the PokeStops and Gyms are a good encouragement to get out of the house, and the different terrains causing different Pokemon to show up is really neat. Downtown Olympia is full of rares, so that's fun (and encouragement for a bike ride down there).

Fun Go story: I was sitting around in my house at 11-12 o clock last night, when I felt like using an Incense (something that attracts Pokemon to you). On the radar, I saw an Abra, an Oddish, and a Hypno, the last being one of the best Pokemon in-game. Since it was midnight, I couldn't up and leave the house until I found them, so I just holed up on the couch and waited... and waited... and waited... and at the end of the night, all I caught was two more Weedles and a Pidgey. :P

Incense attracts new Pokémon appear around you; it doesn't make Pokémon that are already on your radar come to you. It also attracts more Pokémon if you're actively moving rather than just staying in one spot. So no surprise that it didn't bring a Hypno your way.

I've been playing since shortly after it came out, though my activity this past week or two has been limited by the heat wave in my area as well as my lack of personal transportation. I'm level 15, have 57 Pokémon on my Pokédex, and am part of Team Mystic.

Okay so a new trailer for Sun and Moon came out and it looks great!

Ice/Steel Sandslash!

the exeggcutor

the exeggcutor. it's...beautiful.

no but seriously, everything that's been shown for sun/moon so far has made me excited for the games. they seem like...a slightly different take on the usual formula for now. slightly different. and that's an amazing thing.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

They certainly do seem to be reinventing things for the 20th anniversary, which is quite nice to see! (I'm sure there will be plenty of naysayers, but still, nice to see.)

Truth be told I'm not entirely sold on Alolan Exeggutor.  It seems like...a bit of a stretch. ;D

I'm stoked if they're changing the formula (assuming that the 4 islands substitute gyms). The Alolan Pokemon I'm more lukewarm towards. Some make sense, like Exeggutor being a palm tree and I can see lots of potential for other grass and flying types but ice Vulpix/Ninetails and Sandslash/shrew make no sense to me. If I'm missing something, please enlighten me.

I'm stoked if they're changing the formula (assuming that the 4 islands substitute gyms). The Alolan Pokemon I'm more lukewarm towards. Some make sense, like Exeggutor being a palm tree and I can see lots of potential for other grass and flying types but ice Vulpix/Ninetails and Sandslash/shrew make no sense to me. If I'm missing something, please enlighten me.

they live in the snowy, cold, upper reaches of one of the islands

believe it or not, it DOES snow in hawaii in higher volcanic altitudes.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

they live in the snowy, cold, upper reaches of one of the islands

believe it or not, it DOES snow in hawaii in higher volcanic altitudes.

I see. Thanks for telling me! So they're likely gonna be available there and in other places they'll be normal.

Well, I dunno if the respective fire or ground type form will be available in the wild, but my guess is that any transferred will remain as  their original types and can be bred to produce more. It could be different for Exeggutor though, since we haven't seen a new form of Exeggcute.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231