I'll probably lose horribly, but eh, what the heck, I might just try.Anyone happen to have a spare of the recent event Victini? Just curious, since I stupidly missed it due to not playing Black for a while.

Eh, not big on tournaments. Some competitive battlers always win with their perfect RNG abused Pokemon. I tried to RNG abuse once; I started my game right when the RNG reporter said to, I got an Axew with completely different IVs than what I was looking for. Dunno what happened.

Edited by ~Takava Nirhii~

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

Eh, not big on tournaments. Some competitive battlers always win with their perfect RNG abused Pokemon. I tried to RNG abuse once; I started my game right when the RNG reporter said to, I got an Axew with completely different IVs than what I was looking for. Dunno what happened.

you usually want to use pokesav, on an emulator, then trade it onto your DS, or just play on the emulator itself. is it ethical? not the point.competetive battling kinda needs RNG or savving to be viable- it's not as fun if you only have six pokemon that you spent weeks and weeks and weeks on making. say those six pokemon don't work together, that's months wasted on something you could've done in five minutes if you were willing to abandon your arbitrary morals.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Of course, you could also try and make at least one awesome Pokemon of every type(Evolved only or not is your own decision. =P), but that'd take even more time. =P You'd pretty much literally have to have no life if you EV Trained one of every Pokemon...

Changing the subject here, but does anyone have a favourite implausible Pokedex entry? I personally like the one about each Teddiursa's paws having a different flavour, simply for the mental image of how the pokedex writers figured this out.I'm tossing up the idea of a comic series centred around the more questionable Pokedex entries, but I want to collect a few of the more infamous ones first...

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Shedinja's; if only because it's the only one I really recall. How do you know what happens to someone if their spirit's essentially eaten? Do these Shedinja talk or something? =P

Besides, it's Black and White back sprite literally has you staring DIRECTLY INTO the hole. To be safe, I'm not battling using Shedinja until Gen 6.I think it would be Banette's for my choice. So, what, a doll developed a grudge and came to life? How does that make sense?

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

I dunno if waiting for Gen 6 will help anything, to be honest, unless it doesn't use sprites. =P But yeah, that's a good point... You have to wonder if it gets eaten, or just forced out of the body... Or not have anything like that at all. =P

To be honest, some of the Pokedex descriptions seem like the writers had nothing better to do than stalk the Pokemon all day. :P

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

...and others sound like they just made up random crud. I guess that's what happens when you get ten year olds to fill the pokedex for you.Yeah, Shedinja's entry was already on my list, along with Grimer being made from "toxic sludge exposed to x-rays from the moon!"

If you're gonna include Grimer, might as well include the mutated garbage bags. That's literally what their Dex entries call them. I laughed when looking through the Unova Pokemon. =PSpeaking of which, though, are there any Pokemon who don't effectively rid you of your spirit, in the process of removing it? Like, unlike Mr "Gotta Eat 'em All" Shedinja. =P Simply curious, for a future project.

well i don't know if it counts but i find it hilarious that the magikarp are useless they are but then they turn into the semi useful gyardoes. also the thing with the resort area that their can be level 100 magikarp but the bad thing is if u catch it it;s stuck as a magikarp and that is useless. i do like the whole thing with shedinja and bannette but i find it hard to believe that all bannette are evil dolls it just impossible.Although i must ask what is RNG exactly?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

RNG- random number generator. it determines things that are random- such as a pokemons IVs, if you get a critical hit or not, if it's shiny or not, etc, etc. people who can manipulate the RNG get the IVs they want, get it shiny or not, etc. i say again, though, pokesav just makes it all so much easier.

i say again, though, pokesav just makes it all so much easier.

But are the Pokesav'd Pokemon recognized as legal in tournaments and Random Matchup? Edited by ~Takava Nirhii~

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

I've started playing Pokemon White, and it's a lot better than the interwebz made it sound...in the meantime, anyone here know if Nitendo has confirmed or denied remakes of Ru/Sa? I'd enjoy re-creating my old team, and it would be interesting to see how they'd incoporate the new technology into the games.

ouna_mata_banner.png

Entitas ipsa involvit aptitudinem ad extorquendum certum assensum

I've started playing Pokemon White, and it's a lot better than the interwebz made it sound...in the meantime, anyone here know if Nitendo has confirmed or denied remakes of Ru/Sa? I'd enjoy re-creating my old team, and it would be interesting to see how they'd incoporate the new technology into the games.

i did not know they were going to remake ruby and saphire. i still have my pokemon emerald so i've been playing that one. and i will admot i like pokemon white white that is the one i have but i enjoyed the poke-etch from pokemon platinum and i wish they did something like that in white/black.

For those complaining about the difficulty of finding Heart Scales in B/W, you can buy them in Black City if you get the right random item distribution in the market.

and i find it easy enough just to do the move lovers house in driftveil city and i have loads of heart scales from her. and quite frankly i have never been able to use the black city/white forest in my game because i have no one near me who owns either of the games so i have yet to see the 2 towns.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

i say again, though, pokesav just makes it all so much easier.

But are the Pokesav'd Pokemon recognized as legal in tournaments and Random Matchup?
what does that have to do with competitive battling
Plenty. There's plenty of competitive battling in tournaments and Random Matchup.

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

So, my current plan for getting loads of legendaries off the GTS...1. Mug a bunch of Clefairies and steal all their moon stones.2. Use Moon Stones to evolve all my leftover breeding project Nidorans3. Put Nidokings and Nidoqueens up on GTS asking for legendaries.4. PROFIT.Actually, it's much easier to just breed Eevees and evolve them into Glaceon then put them up for trade, (Everyone loves the Eeveelutions) but I need to do something with all these Nidorans.Anyway, I was mugging Clefairies for about five hours, and I eventually got a shiny one!

So, Question. What is the best nature and moveset for my Movie Victini, and what would be the best Spec Atk. Build for my event Mewtwo? Thanks.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

scarf victini is a baller. max speed+attack. jolly if you're worried about flygon or other scarfed base 100s, but you won't want to stay in on flygon anyway, so adamant has its perks. v-create, fusion bolt, and the rest is mostly filler. zen headbutt is a good idea, and brick break has its merits [namely tyranitar if your using him in standard]

So. Pokemon Black and White 2 just got announced for DS.http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/I don't know how I feel about this.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

^ 3DS, not DS.But. Wow. Gamefreak just surpassed themselves; and I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing...Looks like things won't change that much for me, though. =P(First time I'll have two games with similar names in such a short period of time, though. =P)

^ 3DS, not DS.But. Wow. Gamefreak just surpassed themselves; and I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing...Looks like things won't change that much for me, though. =P(First time I'll have two games with similar names in such a short period of time, though. =P)

Nah, it's DS. That Pokemon website (unnameable due to forums) which I'm guessing you got the news from jumped the gun.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

Yeah, I see that now. >_> *Mutters something about Gamefreak being stupid for not releasing this on the 3DS*Should definitely be... Err... intriguing. I'm kinda skeptical, but man, those Kyurem alt forms are awesome. =O I wish there was only one game, so that I could effectively have both, but eh. Whatever. =P

Also, quick note: the little notice on the site, 「ニンテンドー3DSでも遊べるよ!」 just means "Also playable on the 3DS!" It's not a 3DS version or anything like that.

^ Yeah, I think everyone would figure that out, when the whole 'DS' thing was cleared up. =P(Besides, they're probably only talking about backwa- ... Wait. Could they mean... No... They couldn't mean... Enhancements?)I'm still kinda stunned. But hey; looks like Kyurem's Zekrom form is in Black2; so that's awesome. =D If that means Zekrom's in Black 2, that gives me even more reason to get it. =P