Artakha - The Forge Lord (Meet the Maker) - Bionicle Canon Contest

BrickPharaoh

Well here we are, ladies and gentlemen.

50365670826_0ca513d648_c.jpg
Artakha - The Forge Lord by Mohamed Marei, on Flickr

Artakha has always been one of my favourite canon characters. Whenever I used to imagine him, the main characteristics that would resonate in my head would be his aura of elegance. My portrayal sought to depict that element and bring it to focus.

50364974388_f6a522fca2_c.jpg
Artakha - The Forge Lord by Mohamed Marei, on Flickr

He also wields a Warhammer, which I wanted to keep as simple as I could without losing on that unique touch. 

A side view:
50370581968_bc965e9fca_c.jpg
Artakha - The Forge Lord (side) by Mohamed Marei, on Flickr

Back view:
50371270836_d081ce8efa_c.jpg
Artakha - The Forge Lord (back) by Mohamed Marei, on Flickr

And here's the deconstructed view. Tried to dismantle the bigger parts while leaving the sub-elements intact.

https://flic.kr/p/2jJDnuR

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this MOC as much as I have enjoyed building it!

Link to the contest post:
https://board.ttvchannel.com/t/bionicle-canon-contest-2-meet-the-maker/55451

• Upvote 3

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

O.O wooooow!! this Artakha looks absolutely amazing! a lot ov crazy detail going on here! alright, time to analyze; there are a lot ov really unique techniques used here! the Mask ov Creation everybody is using (or not?) so nothing new there except some customization on the head! the torso is very built up! i like that you used the 2008 Makuta Phantoka torso as a base to build up upon! the use ov the Ben 10 parts is an interesting choice, but i think they work! the whole MOC makes good use ov Lego system pieces, i'd say! the crotch armor works, but i don't remember the "villain core" piece ever existing in gold! same goes for the 2.0 pieces on the hips, i swear i'v never seen those before in gold! the legs are loaded with detail and they look awesome! the hands and feet are interesting builds! the butt-plate armor is simple, but works! everything here works! the gold circular decorative piece on his back is a nice extra! the pose-able shoulder pauldrons are a great addition! also, you seem to love using those gold armor add-on pieces found on Ekimu! they really are nice pieces to use! and that warhammer while you say you tried to keep it simple without losing a unique touch, it looks way better than any warhammer i'v ever made (trust me, i'v made a few and they were trash! lol)! the only thing i feel is out ov place on this MOC is that little back "cape" thing! it doesn't detract from the MOC a lot, i just see it as a last minute bonus or whatever! overall; this Artakha is just the best Artakha MOC i'v seen so far! it must have taken you hours or more to complete! it's just awesome! i love it! my Artakha MOC pales in comparison to this masterpiece (and trust me, my Artakha MOC is pretty awful! lol)! excellent job here, bud! good luck in the contest! :) 

On 9/22/2020 at 11:21 PM, TheZOMBIEJ said:

O.O wooooow!! this Artakha looks absolutely amazing! a lot ov crazy detail going on here! alright, time to analyze; there are a lot ov really unique techniques used here! the Mask ov Creation everybody is using (or not?) so nothing new there except some customization on the head! the torso is very built up! i like that you used the 2008 Makuta Phantoka torso as a base to build up upon! the use ov the Ben 10 parts is an interesting choice, but i think they work! the whole MOC makes good use ov Lego system pieces, i'd say! the crotch armor works, but i don't remember the "villain core" piece ever existing in gold! same goes for the 2.0 pieces on the hips, i swear i'v never seen those before in gold! the legs are loaded with detail and they look awesome! the hands and feet are interesting builds! the butt-plate armor is simple, but works! everything here works! the gold circular decorative piece on his back is a nice extra! the pose-able shoulder pauldrons are a great addition! also, you seem to love using those gold armor add-on pieces found on Ekimu! they really are nice pieces to use! and that warhammer while you say you tried to keep it simple without losing a unique touch, it looks way better than any warhammer i'v ever made (trust me, i'v made a few and they were trash! lol)! the only thing i feel is out ov place on this MOC is that little back "cape" thing! it doesn't detract from the MOC a lot, i just see it as a last minute bonus or whatever! overall; this Artakha is just the best Artakha MOC i'v seen so far! it must have taken you hours or more to complete! it's just awesome! i love it! my Artakha MOC pales in comparison to this masterpiece (and trust me, my Artakha MOC is pretty awful! lol)! excellent job here, bud! good luck in the contest! :) 

Thanks for your kind words! The gold HF 2.0 parts are from this set:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=4529-1 

I've accumulated quite a few copies of this set from random bulk lots (and even bought the loose parts off Bricklink at some point), which is why I have a healthy amount of these gold parts. They're great for a variety of projects I'm planning. Also, the gold armor bits from Ekimu actually first debuted in the Fire and Ice Chima buildable figures. Regarding the cape, I felt like it was a good addition personally, as it helps evoke an ancient, weathered, air around the character. I would have used the Gen 2 Hero cape because it had an interesting design, but sadly I don't have one.

:tohu:

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

On 9/24/2020 at 11:58 AM, Toa_Kralich said:

I love the green elastic band - makes him look like he's got a laurel on! 

It's both functional and aesthetic! It holds the back of the helmet to the front (i.e. the mask).

9 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

I love this! He looks very much like Karzahni’s brother and Ekimu’s bigger brother. Lol. Anyway, I love the gold and green on him! Awesomely nice! :D

Thanks! I was trying to depart from the old silver and dark/sand green color combo because I wanted to embody a starkly different persona to that of Karzahni. I felt like gold (instead of gunmetal or silver) helped accentuate the contrast. I also love gold on MOCs (I hardly ever MOC without it lol; however, my last few BioCup MOCs have not had a single gold piece, which is quite unlike me XD)

:tohu:

That is one exceptionally regal Artakha.  You did a great job at filling out the bulk, too!

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )