Happy 5th anniversary, Lego Dimensions!

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! Do you remember Lego Dimensions? Like you know, the video game where you put mini-figures on that special Lego device, so they can appear in the game? It began in September 2015 and stopped updating in 2017, despite having a third year planned for some reason. It started off with 14 franchises, including DC Comics, The Lord of the Rings, and The Lego Movie in 2014, so many characters from there join forces to fight against a villain named Lord Vortech (voiced by Gary Oldman, the guy who played in King Fu Panda 2 and Commissioner Gordon in The Dark Knight Trilogy in 2005-2012) from taking over the dimensions. That’s the first year. We got the Starter Pack first. Then, we got many Fun Packs, Team Packs, and Level Packs, and they are in separate waves that would come every two months. These characters can go to their certain franchises to get many golden bricks. The next year, 2016, was when 16 more franchises were added rather than doing a sequel, like how other toys-coming-to-life games did. Plus, the game’s main story ended with a cliffhanger in one of the mid-credit scene. In the second year, we got 3 Story Packs and more Fun Packs, Team Packs, and Level Packs, but these guys were slow in terms of releasing. Plus, there are Green Arrow and Supergirl polybags from DC Comics, but they are annoyingly rare. Packs in general are quite expensive. Lol. Sadly, we don’t know why we don’t have a third year for LD. It’s as bad as Bionicle G2’s and Mixels’ cancellations (plus, there are no more toys-come-to-life games nowadays. Just games with huge DLC, remastered remakes of old games, complications (groups of games in one disk), and fancy sequels). 

Anyway, before it was cancelled, I had a lot of dream franchises that I wanted Lego Dimensions to have. In fact, many fans thought the same, too, because the game was successful when it came out. Here’s my list: 

1. Marvel - to get even with DC Comics. 
2. Star Wars - Lego Star Wars does video games, too. 
3. Indiana Jones 

4. Bionicle - duh. Obviously. 
5. Hero Factory 

6. Mixels 

7. Nexo Knights 

8. Mario 

9. The Lego Ninjago Movie 

10. Lego: The Adventures of Clutch Powers. 
11. Some Cartoon Network shows, like Dexter’s Laboratory, Ben 10, Generator Rex, Codename: Kids Next Door, The Secret Saturdays, Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa, and Steven Universe. 
12. Some Nickelodeon shows, like SpongeBob SquarePants, Fairly Odd Parents, Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, Danny Phantom, T.U.F.F. Puppy, Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, and The Life of Teenage Robot. 
13. Phineas and Ferb. 
14. Xialon Showdown 

15. Kingdom Hearts 

16. Other Disney Channel and Disney XD shows, like Kim Possible and Jake Long: American Dragon. 
17. Pixar movies, like Toy Story and The Incredibles. 
18. Dreamworld Animations movies, like Shrek and Kung Fu Panda. 
19. Ice Age movies. 

20. Despicable Me movies. 
21. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. 
22. Hotel Transylvania. 

23. Angry Birds. 

24. Transformers (that one was very unlikely, but hey. Lol.)

Yep. Those dreams were sadly destroyed. :( Right now, fans are doing petitions to bring the poor game back, but will they succeed? That’s a question that is yet to be answered. Anyway, what about your feelings about the game? Have you tried it, what franchises interested you? For me, I love DC Comics, The Lord of the Rings, The Lego Movie, Ninjago, The Powerpuff Girls, The Lego Batman Movie, Legends of Chima, Lego City Adventures, and Sonic the Hedgehog the most. I got the game and Waves 1 to 7, and I have two more waves to go (I was busy with other stuff, but I’m getting them this year to celebrate LD’s 5th anniversary for my own sake). I played the game and enjoyed it a lot. :) 

Happy 5th anniversary, LD! :D

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

40 minutes ago, Bambi said:

5 years? Wow, feels like it's been around longer than that. Didn't it have Doctor Who sets? 

Yes. It was released September 30, 2015. I wanted to say that in this year’s September 30, but I was so busy with some stuff. Lol. Anyway, it does have Doctor Who sets. Just a Level Pack and a Fun Pack.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)