What theme for a constraction return?

PlasmaJaller

What theme would you prefer for a constraction return in the future?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The future of constraction is uncertain, I can tell you that much. The focus of this topic is not whether or not it will come back but in what shape you would want it to come back. Would it work best as a continuation or a reboot of Bionicle or Hero Factory, or is it time for a brand new verse for constraction?

I got to say I am a bit mixed in all this. G2 was a bomb due to a lack of advertising, so maybe a revival with the right amount of attention would work this time. I'm afraid Bionicle's days have been long over, but if it was to be brought back, I believe it would work best as either a "soft reboot" kid of continuation of G1: introduce us to a different cast of characters in a new fresh setting that acknowledges the previous lore without diving too much into it for the sake of accessibility. Considering the mixed to downright poor reception G2 got for its more "kiddie" tone, bringing G1 back would be a way to appeal to veterans all while making it easy for newcomers to get into.

Hero Factory, while it was never near as popular as Bionicle, definitely deserves a second chance and a more focused direction in terms of storyline. You could have it be a reboot, or make it a continuation with new faces to freshen things up. G1 of HF only ever had three new heroes when it could have explored other teams ; maybe have a familiar face like Furno part with Alpha team and lead his own gang of new, original heroes. I don't see why either options wouldn't work.

Another option that is still worth consideration would be a brand new IP, free of all established lore and more freedom. It might not be such a bad option, as you can pick ideas from both Bionicle and HF to appeal to their fans while still making it its own thing. Although it would definitely have to star mechanical beings. Constraction works on armor, but definitely not on humans and other fleshies - those heads from the Star Wars contractions are cringe-inducing.

I see potential in all these possibilities, but I'm not set on which I'd prefer. Maybe you know what you would prefer though.

Well, I would go with Bionicle G1 continuation, Bionicle reboot (if done well like G1), HF continuation (it needs the story to have an ending), and HF reboot, but I voted for Bionicle G1 continuation because the G1 story needs to be concluded. Plus, I got a lost of ideas that can use the four of them: 

As you know, we all need constraction back, and there’s a lot of justice and anniversaries to be done. 

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

obviously Bionicle G3 is an absolute must for me! however, i would also like to see Lego Alien & Predator figures! yeah i know the Alien and Predator franchises are too violent for Lego to partition making sets, but themes like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lord Of The Rings, any licensed theme you can think ov that had violence in it HAD violence in the source material! so therefore i believe Lego has the potential to design some really nice, accurate, fun CCBS figures to show the fans ov Alien and Predator how truly awesome the two species (Xenomorph and Yautja) can be in Lego! though functions like the second mouth would have to be pre-installed in the Alien's head since that is one ov the things that make the Alien so unique yet scary at the same time! and the Predator's shoulder blaster should definitely by spring-loaded to fire a white-blue projectile! anything can be done to make the two characters worthy ov purchase! it would also be a nice thing for Alien and Predator fans/collectors! i would LOVE for this to happen! anyone agree? :) 

Brand new IP, I'd say. I know Lego might be wary of trying that again after Hero Factory didn't seem to be the huge hit that Bionicle was... but with the right spark of an idea, I think they have a good chance of making a success. I definitely think they would benefit from something that doesn't have the huge legacy behind it that Bionicle does, something that's free to be its own thing instead of being tied back to ten years of history.

Plus... Bionicle was just the right thing at the right time to appeal to our generation; but those same things that drew in the kids of the 90s and 00s won't necessarily win over the current generation. I think Lego would do best, if they try constraction again, to aim for a fresh line that has the same novelty and appeal to this generation that Bionicle had for ours, even if that means departing from the themes we're familiar with.

Or that's my thought, at any rate :shrugs:

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi
  • Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

I'd like to see them capitalize on the growing He-Man revival and do some constraction figs for that series. Sure, the human characters are gonna look wonky, but all the cool and unique designs for the villains will make up for it. Too bad they've already got a contract for building toys with Mega Construx... Oh well!

Like, c'mon, don't tell me you wouldn't wanna see Scare Glow in constraction form. Think of all the glow-in-the-dark CCSB parts he would bring us:

338?cb=20100216003148

Edited by Disciple

10 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

Brand new IP, I'd say. I know Lego might be wary of trying that again after Hero Factory didn't seem to be the huge hit that Bionicle was... but with the right spark of an idea, I think they have a good chance of making a success. I definitely think they would benefit from something that doesn't have the huge legacy behind it that Bionicle does, something that's free to be its own thing instead of being tied back to ten years of history.

Plus... Bionicle was just the right thing at the right time to appeal to our generation; but those same things that drew in the kids of the 90s and 00s won't necessarily win over the current generation. I think Lego would do best, if they try constraction again, to aim for a fresh line that has the same novelty and appeal to this generation that Bionicle had for ours, even if that means departing from the themes we're familiar with.

Or that's my thought, at any rate :shrugs:

Same here. I think a brand new Constraction theme that isn't tied to anything that came before it would be the best way to go. That's why I believe we should take full advantage of the new LEGO World Builder platform that just got released a few months ago, and pitch our own ideas for new Constraction themes to LEGO. 

If there is a future for LEGO Constraction, I think it lies within the LEGO World Builder platform. 

• Like 1