Can Toa of Sonic do sonic screaming?

I would assume not. Elemental Sonics power, like what a Toa would have, only allows them to create, control or destroy their element. Power Scream seems to me like a more specialized power that only certain beings, like a Rahkshi, could access. Though maybe, with particular training, a Toa could learn those sorts of powers.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Don’t quote me on this, but I think Greg said they can’t. Toa channel their elements through their hands or their tools (which they hold in their hands), though I recall Pohatu channeling it through his foot at the end of MNOG when they all blast Makuta. And a sonic scream would be more than just channeling elemental energy, since it would involve using the lungs and throat to vocalize too.

Makuta do have a “Power Scream” kraata power, though, as I recall.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Cheesy is correct. Toa generally focus their power through their hands and tools, but there have been a couple instances of Toa manipulating their element "telekinetically" without directly moving their hands or tools. The Nuva could do that elemental time-bomb thing, which didn't require anything more than focusing on a spot and setting the elemental charge for later. Regular Toa haven't shown such abilities much, if at all, and if they did, they were probably very experienced. 

That said, if a Toa of Sonics were talented enough to focus their powers without using their hands, they could, potentially, direct a blast of sound from their mouth. More likely, though, is that they would scream normally, and then use their powers to amplify (manipulation of element) the sound so it does more damage. This is probably the only scenario in which that could work.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

• 3 weeks later...

This probably goes in the same category as “Can Takanuva turn invisible”. It’s a logical extrapolation of their power, but for whatever reason doesn’t appeal to Greg or could become too overpowered. 

My headcanon on such things is that they’re both possible but so inefficient they’re not considered practical outside of being a cool party trick. E.g. Takanuva could make himself invisible but it takes about five minutes to set up properly and the illusion breaks if he moves. Good for ambushes but not much else. The Toa of Sonics could amplify and redirect a sound he made with his mouth,  but  it’s just so much easier to make the exact sound you want from scratch out of elemental power. A Toa of Sonics who had met a Klakk could probably recreate its scream, but wouldn’t use his mouth to do so.

That said, Toa tools can be made from all sorts of mundane objects, some of which might use both the mouth and hands to channel power. Say a Matoran musician was holding a flute when he was transformed into a Toa, and the flute grew into a musical staff that can be played to make different sonic effects. Or maybe a Matoran sports coach was holding a megaphone...

• Like 1

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231