Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Discussion Topic (OOC)

Unreliable Narrator

In other news depending on how things go, I might want to have either Collector or Mahrika go on a Far Shore adventure at some point. I just read over Sidra and Sala’s stories, and congrats folks, I’m into it. The only issue is Collector might end up leaving to deal with the Vahki situation, and Mahrika is busy with puzzles and the Aqua-Sphere. 

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Still, we have over five months left of the game, with that length hopefully Collector will get the chance, maybe pairing with Jutori or someone. I … do have some rough ideas I would want to do with my Vortixx, depending on the prompt I get. 

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Collectively we'll need to get through a fair number of Far Shore stories before we can get the Makoki Stone.

So the more the merrier. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

@Toru Nui: The prompts have been rolled up for Ostrox's Far Shore Adventure:

• Timeline: A
  • Element: Magnetism
  • Conflict: Character vs. Supernatural
  • Twist: Genuine Imposter
  • Optional Promptsremember to check the available optional prompts for Timeline A (currently: destiny, prosperity, and strength) for extra loot
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

Oh wait, should I be using the optional ones as well? Totally overlooked those while I was reading the details last night. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

@Burnmad@Sparticus147, @Toru Nui: have any of you made a post with Apex, Mori, or Wavey since my last post? I'm not seeing it in a search.

Unrelated note: I base a lot of puzzles on analog time. Is using analog time referencing something I should avoid in puzzle design? I notice consistent stalling occurring during portions of puzzles involving analog time. Feedback appreciated.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

18 minutes ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

I notice consistent stalling occurring during portions of puzzles involving analog time. Feedback appreciated.

I don't think it's an issue. Surely we're not so far into the digital age yet that we've all forgotten how analogue clocks works? 

My biggest holdup in the one clock-themed puzzle I've been involved with was figuring out where the twelve was. No problem with the clock itself. 

Analog time? Wait, should I be viewing the Suva as a clock, with The four/Red/Muaka representing 0/12:00? I did consider that, but I wasn’t sure how it would fit into the puzzle.

• Upvote 2

I can't make it to any of those times. Would it be possible to record the roast and toast for those who can't make it?

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

In other news, in before a bunch of people start sprouting tentacles in Kini-Koro since Viltia may be teaching them her taboo.

In other news, here are my current notes on the Fire Suva puzzle. I haven’t posted my current theory yet, waiting on a reply, but if the Suva is indeed meant to be a clock, then maybe the numbers refuse to moving the rings that many hours. So if my latest attempt is wrong, I believe I will need to put green on 9:00, put cream on 6:00, and put red on 4:00. 

7DEE09BA-7D31-42D3-B4A3-69F5EA6B2DEF.png

• Like 1

Here you go. At this point I am pretty sure the attempt I did in that post is wrong, but at least I already know my next plan.

Thanks, I appreciate you linking it! I'll get a response up ASAP.

EDIT: a hint regarding how I design puzzles... I try to use each component of a puzzle once. For example, if a candlestick needs to be placed on a shelf in a certain place to open a secret door you would not later need that same candlestick to solve another portion of the puzzle.

2nd Edit: Congratulations on the solve for the Fire Suva @Harvali and @Burnmad!

3rd Edit: lots of edits today, but I wanted to make sure everyone knew there was an update to the GAMEPLAY TOPIC. The Game Map has been updated to reflect the finding of a Hafu Statue, along with the additions of Ko-Pou and Kini-Koro. You may also notice something else when looking at the map, but I'll leave that up to you all to discover. ;) 

new map
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

You know, there is a question I have about breed quirks. When I read the Onu-Matoran page on BS01, it notes they not only have strong dark vision (and poor vision in daylight) but they also have more strength than most Matoran. So would those both count for their  breed quirk? Because for some reason I thought Onu-Matoran in this game were shown to have the vision thing. Am I misremembering?

Also does a happy puzzle-solving dance.

• Like 1

I believe you are referring to this sample from BS01: 

Onu-Matoran normally prefer to stay underground; they are uniquely adept at seeing in darkness, but averse to sunlight, which can easily blind them. They are also among the strongest types of Matoran, and tend to spend much of their time mining. The Onu-Matoran living in Mata Nui and Metru Nui value Duty and Destiny most out of the Three Virtues, from which they derive their Principle of Prosperity, and the Skill of Stamina.

Reading it over, based on the rules for Six Kingdoms the Onu-Matoran in this game would have the following passive breed quirks:

• Darkvision, which is not the same as omniscience in darkness. They can see, realistically speaking.
  • light sensitivity easily blinds a matoran of earth
  • Earth matoran as a group are stronger than other matoran elemental groups. As individuals, this can of course vary.

Happy chat.

Nice. I have no plans to make more Matoran PCs or MCs, but that satisfies my curiosity.

• Like 1

In other news, I took some photos of Mahrika today, include some with Vokarda before she started living in Mahrika’s belly.

…Yeah I literally just made them from 2001 Matora and Macku. 

CB77E5EA-0318-4CC3-BB30-8D3600109D09.jpeg

CF4BE624-792A-470B-9D12-6AE45563E9DA.jpeg

8695CEDC-E9BE-4A87-9F4C-22CB5E1A2F25.jpeg

F0D66948-B3F7-4441-8668-89BD825C971F.jpeg

B38FC193-2A82-45F0-924C-7A6894DFB1E7.jpeg

46C8B9FC-9BC4-4510-81A0-CEBB93242096.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

You may also notice something else when looking at the map, but I'll leave that up to you all to discover. ;) 

It would appear that the island is sinking... delightful. 

• Like 5

Mahrika: huh, I appear to have adapted to have gills. That’s … troubling. 

• Like 3

I believe Knichou put it best a couple weeks back:

Who’d have thought investing in a mobile home would be this forward-thinking?”

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)