Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Tekmo (Kumu Peninsula) - Stay on Target

"Perhaps. But they have their own prerogative - locating and acquiring energized protodermis. I believe one of them may have been an Aspect, but I believe rejoining the others takes priority."

@Conway

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, Bunker, Exterior) - Salvation Through Subjugation

"Well, that was a thing that happened. Unfortunately, I’ve yet to hear anything - hahah - 'productive' from either of you. If you will not permit your precious Matoran to suffer the inconvenience of being saved - for whatever excuse you can contrive - what precisely is your plan for staving off the apocalypse? The apocalypse you directly created, no less."

@BULiK@EmperorWhenua

IC: Ulkarr (Tobduk-Koro) - Word Unbroken

"I told you I would not break it, and I will not." Ulkarr’s shadows retracted back into his fingers.

"This is most certainly the work of one of my kin. There are protodermis-based life-forms who wield the shadows like we do, but that does not explain the antidermis within.  I would suggest you ask Stannis what the meaning of this is. If his reputation is not unfounded, surely he will be forthcoming with an explanation?"

@Harvali

IC: NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Armoury) - My Idiot Detector Is Beeping

NU-8020S came scuttling towards Skyra in quadrupedal mode. "You bellowed, organic?"

@Snelly@Tarn

IC: Navu (Kini-Koro, The Taku) - Someone Is Here

Navu clutched her ears at the sound of Skyra yelling, even from where she was.

@Snelly@BULiK

IC: Enra (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) - Murderers and Thieves

"Uh, from here. It’s not a great place to live, I’ll admit. Mostly ‘cause of the neighbours. Everyone keeps killing and stealing from each other. Then there’s those weird Aspect things, the nasty diseases you can get in the Fau Swamp, whatever it is they do inside Irnakk’s Tooth..."

@Harvali

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Kal the Guardian said:

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Are you quite alright, my dear? Did something ill fortuned happen? Is there anything that can be done for you by I?

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"I'm fine," she managed to mutter, "Just... tired."

• Like 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

The Councilor let out a sigh, “Thank you I … I am sorry.” He paused to stare at the diadem, seeing his optics reflected in the glass. Was he really so quick to revert to distrust someone different? Had he really learned so little, grown so little?

Kanohi swallowed and pocketed the necklace, “I … I must talk to him, yes. Thank you for alerting me of this, I … I am not happy to hear it, but I think I needed to.” He let out a sigh, “I am sorry, I … I fear I have yet to grow beyond my upbringing. I will try to be more mindful of my biases, and fight them.

He paused, “I … I am not sure if you had heard of the Far Shore, but the Aspect who told me some of the abilities of Aspects, I believe he had claimed to have gained some powers from there. Collector might know more, since they were talking to the Aspect for more details on the Far Shore.

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC Minion Avka - Ruins of Stone

Avka swallowed, this was one of the savage Skakdi who wiped out the native Matoran? They … they supposed that had obviously been an option but they hadn’t really considered that. They would have to be careful. Still, she seemed to acknowledge this place was savage, that … that was reassuring.

And there was something else. They knew as well as anyone that the great hero Arkius had left to unlock the Earth Ruins. If a new portal became opened, it would likely be there. And given that the Earth Ruins might be buried underneath Mat— 

They shuddered. But regardless of that … that h-head, if the ruins now lay underground, they had heard rumors of an event that happened before Metru-Koro was abandoned. An event that might be relevant now.

The Av-Matoran mustered their courage and said, “Maybe you can explain something then. After Metru-Koro was bombed, a group of Skakdi attacked from underground. I have heard they looked a bit different than your kind. What exactly were they?

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Location - Kilo’s Bunker

With - Sidra, Kilo, Atamai, Stannis, Knichou, Ostrox, (Others)

Hummm…” Sorilax did not sound entirely convinced, “Well, should you have need of me, do not hesitate to seek it.

He took a step back to give her space, but he ran into one of his Rahkshi. The glow from his body clashed with the shadows that clung to his Rahkshi as they made contact. It turns out they all had crowded around him, eagerly awaiting orders. He shooed them back a bit.

They were all so tall, at least on par with Skakdi. He had to look up to view their optics. His unbound Kraata were nice, but in their Rahkshi armor… a certain level of pride filled him. Not pride for himself, but for his creations. He was so proud to see them standing there, all in good health and ready to live. It almost was like in the Far Shore, when he had created true Life.

Speaking of the Far Shore, these Rahkshi felt far more real than the others he had made. Those now seemed like shallow interpretations of the real things.

His thoughts bounced around the Far Shore topic for a moment. He thought of Sala and how it might be awhile before his friend returned. He also thought of how he had gotten a Taboo as a reward for finishing his adventure in the Far Shore.

As his thoughts turned to Taboos, he thought of the Air Suva, where he had learned the Rahkshi Taboo in the first place. And that led to his recent conversation with Knichou about the other Suvas. If the Air Suva had a Taboo on it, perhaps the other Suvas did as well?

Sorilax looked at his Rahkshi of Teleportation, a plan forming in his mind.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 3

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku -

Ah, it was that Vahki again. Skyra didn't normally have anything against machines, but she had a lot of...bad encounters with the Vahki as a Matoran. It didn't make her want to deal with the one in front of her, that was for sure. 

"I did." Skyra responded flatly. "Is there uh...anyone else on the ship?" 

OOC: @Tarn @BULiK @Toru Nui

• Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Zekev - Fort Nektann

On 2/12/2021 at 12:10 PM, Kal the Guardian said:

IC: Krrenchk - Skakdi of Stone

The waiting was too much. He knew he should turn off and just doze off until dinner, or whenever someone came to kick him out of his chair, but Zekev just could not silence that nagging voice in his head.

He sleepily cracked an eye open, and detected motion in the courtyard. A tan Skakdi was hurrying off to the garage.

The garage! Aren't we done with repairs already?

Zekev got up and shaded his eyes.

Yeah, no doubt about it, it's the one with the mask. The scarred one. What was his vehicle again? Quite sure we patched it-

The realisation jolted Zekev awake. A raid! Maybe?

Before he could stop himself, he was already on his feet and clambering down the stairs, intercepting the other Skak.

"Hey! What's going on? We on a raid or what?" Zekev shouted as he caught up.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Something that Tuyet had said a moment before stuck out to Aurax. "...it's not that this one man is special, it's that he's from the past, right?" said Aurax. "And you believe that his being here is what's causing this collapsing paradox." The king leaned forward on his throne. "So tell me, Tuyet, how exactly did Axonn get to our time?"

OOC: @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @BULiK 

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

Whira's gaze snapped back to the rock. "There's someone living there?" she asked. "What sort of being is this? An Aspect? A Skakdi? Does he have a name?"

OOC: @Eyru @Kal the Guardian

IC, Atamai: Kini Nui

Atamai breathed heavily. He felt drained and tired, but he was alive. Sidra and Kilo were alive, too. Now we know how to open these doors without dying, he thought to himself. Malhukuraia's cockpit opened. "Go, Kilo. Claim your Kaita ACR," Atamai said.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Nato the Traveler

IC, Kohara: Kini Koro

The Toa of Light limped over to the hospital. As she reached its doors, she turned around and faced the Muaka that followed her. "Stay," she said. The big cat cocked its head, then laid down on the ground. Kohara turned back and walked inside.

The hospital seemed a little busy to her. One of the staff noticed her and, seeing the condition she was in, rushed her to an empty bed. "A doctor will be with you shortly," the worker said.

OOC: Kohara open for interaction in the hospital

• Like 2

IC: Jutori - Kini-Koro Hospital

"Yeah, I...guess." The Toa of Gravity would've shrugged if he wasn't laying down, and if it didn't hurt like Karzahni to do it. A medic returned to check on him. "But...that other Arkius. He got away, and who knows...where he is."

@The UltimoScorp

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

Rose cocked her head, leaning forward a bit in the too-small-for-her-chair. She didn't like the idea of having to share a ship with these automatons. This one was at least a little less creepy than the ones she saw in Metru Nui after the League took over. "Why is there a Vahki on this bird? You crew, or what they keep around to protect the crew?"

@Snelly@Toru Nui

• Like 4

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

On 2/8/2021 at 5:29 PM, Nato the Traveler said:

IC: Marrow (and minions) – Irnakk’s Tooth

They were so close now. Too close to allow any sound, no matter how intrusive or excruciating, to stop them. Too close to let these simpering sunspawn stand against them. The tunnels had been uncomfortably hot when the Mesi had first entered, and the temperature had only continued to rise with the release of the lava into the passageway. Even the Ta-Skakdi Hakkzan had sweat beading his brow, and he was further from the lava than those he was using it against. The attacking warskaks, used to fresh breeze and open skies, surely had to be suffering in the horrific heat of the tunnel. How much longer could they last?

IC Yumiwak + MC Zai | Irnakk's Tooth

Under the rules of war of attrition, we were losing, and every inch we gained towards the Pit ahead took more effort out of us than the Mesi expended in keeping their ground. They'd planned it this way, I realized, taking the time afforded by my crew's delays in Nightmare land to quickly make their fortifications. It passed my mind to wonder why they were digging their heels in—and why the Mesi were here at all—but those were the questions to ask their corpses when we were through. 

And if we died instead? Well then it wouldn't have made any difference anyway, would it? I gnashed my teeth at that idea, though, scowling at the pessimistic suggestion that this tunnel would be my grave and lava flows would be my tombstone. My family's story, and my story, would not be finished so close to its completion. There had to be a way to come out of this on top. If we just fought a little harder, a little bolder, and breached their perimeter to lay waste to them up close without the burdens of barriers we could end this in an instant. My psionic senses pinged the minds of Ys and Kor up ahead, but they were not together anymore. I gritted my teeth; they were most powerful together, and without their shared abilities they were individually at a disadvantage. By the feel of it, Ys was trying a direct attack on the Mesi. That could either go surprisingly well, or terribly wrong. 

I wasn't going to let her soak up the brunt of the melee, though, not when we had a veritable tank with us. 

{Zataka!}

{Move up!}

I could feel my anger rising. This was taking too long, we were scattering too much, and the currents were still against us. The heat was becoming increasingly unbearable and my position near the lava untenable. Our best bet was in catching up to Ys as fast as possible. While Zai got to work mitigating the heat of the chamber and freeze the lava flow in place as cords of stone, I began to focus on my own powers on clearing the ways ahead. 

I reached out with my psionic abilities like hands brushing foliage from my face, forcing debris and impediments away from my path by sheer force of will. Step by arduous step I moved forward, Zai still clutching my hand tightly, and I pressed my powers to force the barriers away. Lava cooled to ropes of brittle igneous rock fragmented and then crumbled away, while roots and stems placed as barbed fences were twisted aside like brambles shoved by a tractor. My telekinetic powers whipped in front of me as an extension of my will and presence, heralding my arduous steps and turning the opposition aside. But it came at a toll. With every obstacle I mentally touched came a further drain to my reserves, and the more stubborn the obstacle the more I had to exert myself. 

We had to press on and I would do everything I could to lead by example, but I knew my powers alone would not be enough... so in my other hand I held the cordak gun in reserve to blast anything else in my way. I would not risk shooting it until after we passed Korio, however.

{Korio!}

{Status report?}

OOC TL;DR | Zai used her fire powers to drain the heat from the area around them, but it's not a very large bubble she's countering in so Korio (and possibly Zataka) are still affected. Yumi calls for Zataka's backup, checks on Korio, and is using her psionic powers to push aside the obstacles in front of her but is getting tired in doing so. She's primed her launcher for extra explosive damage when it's called for.

@Vezok's Friend @Tarn @pokemonlover360 @Nato the Traveler

IC Stannis | Kini-Nui

Energized Protodermis—the "Light of Krom"—was both an antithesis to Caedast as it was a necessary accessory in a multitude of the shadow-borne powers the Wanderer possessed. In times previous there had been little use for it before but the game was different now and the stakes were so much higher than before, and it was realized it would be foolish to discount the. feasibility of the magical substance in the days to come. With a quick nod to Whisper it was decided to harvest a portion of the liquid for personal, scientific, use. With a wave of his hand he materialized a bowl of granite in the path of the runoff that scooped it up, and then moulded the rock into a capsule that enveloped the energized protodermis into a rocky keg much like Knichou's zamors were meant to. With another gesture, the keg rolled to the side to be picked up momentarily. 

"Ostrox," the Warmage pointedly addressed the former League lieutenant, "there are things at work beyond your perception or indeed the faculties of anyone present. There cannot be any suggestions made yet because not all the pieces are known yet, but believe you me, there is no love lost for Mata-Nui among the Matoran, and while my word may mean little to you with the historical antagonism I once represented to your faction, it is in fact my mission to stop Mata-Nui—or any such god—from drawing the worlds asunder. Should there be a path you and the others can join in, I will indeed share it. For now, there is only speculation. In order to kill a god we must first find him. I will find him. It is, after all, my role to fight the supernatural."

"Until such a time as is doubtlessly prudent to take action, there is nothing more to discuss aside from philosophy. Until the time to fight comes, live as best anyone can—but live."

On 2/12/2021 at 11:04 AM, Conway said:

(Cousin Caedast. It is done. We must meet -- but not here.)

In a darkened corner of Fort Nektann, Parnassus sat huddled and shivering, with blood running through their fingers.

(There are walls that listen here. Where can I find you?)

The Wanderer surveyed the beings present—Kilo, Whisper, Vulimai, Sidra, Sorilax, and the others—and then quickly dismissed himself. He said something about mending his cloak as he moved to foist his granite canister over his venerable shoulder and carried the heavy container to his own airship with seeming ease after struggling only somewhat to initially lift it up. While he hiked back to the Ambling Alp he responded to the telepathic hailing Parnassus had made with a fraction of his mental fortitude. 

{Cousin, I hear you.}

{Cousin, I can come to you.}

{Find somewhere safe, and beckon for me again.}

@Conway

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 6

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui, Bunker Entrance

Knichou was pleasantly surprised with how Stannis chose to explain all sides of the conversation to Sorilax. As he listened to the Wanderer, the ex-Ghost was sure that while the Toa of stone disagreed with his methods in some ways, he respected why Knichou had come to his own conclusions. It was validating and reassured Knichou that Stannis didn't discount his voice in the matter like it sometimes seemed. Stannis knew the reasons for Knichou's perspective... but this left the engineer wishing that the feeling was mutual.

In fact, this conversation - and day - had done nothing but muddle what Knichou knew of Stannis. From the announcement that the Wanderer was using unknown magicks to delay Aurax's inevitable betrayal, to the ex-Ghost's deduction that Stannis was trained in the dark magic Taboos from their conversation with Toa Viltia, and now this Life Seeker calling Stannis an Aspect. As much as Knichou knew it was a mistake from a stranger (Who also somehow knew Stannis intimately, someone he both remembers and doesn't?) that seed of doubt and suspicion grew into a weariness beneath the Fe-Toa's heartlight.

Knichou stood silently as Stannis got Sorilax up to speed, his optics focusing on both of them in a futile attempt to discern any deeper meaning. The Nynran crossed his arms, thinking on what he could ask to discern more while not revealing this internal strife publicly. After all, it was delusion, wasn't it? Aspects were native to this land, none of them could have been aboard Mata Nui for so long without being known...

By the time Sorilax was on the same page as him and Stannis, the Nynran knew what he wanted to ask, but the actions of the NUVA intervened. The door to the bunker parted and a deluge of energized protodermis emerged. Thinking quickly, Knichou jumped to the air, thrusters growing out of his armor as he hovered over the ground. The wave of golden metallic liquid flowed through his ten zamor spheres, filling them with the substance and then filling the trough of iron Atamai had constructed.

As the structure risked overflowing with EP, Knichou used his control of iron to raise the walls of the trough so that Sorilax no longer needed to conjure walls of light. Strange, that this Aspect had the powers of a light elemental. Didn't Stannis say they were creatures of shadow?

While Knichou wanted to go approach the NUVA, his focus drifted towards whatever Sorilax appeared to be doing. The Aspect... took a toad and split it into two? Knichou had heard of this power before, but it was clear Sorilax was not using such a spear. The aspect's gasses entered the toad and it subsequently jumped into the vat of energized protodermis, mutating with a flash. This happened twice more, and by the end Knichou's attention was completely absorbed in Sorilax's creations. Conjured hands pulled out three mechanical sets of lizardlike armor. Knichou shivered. He didn't know what these were, which added to their ominous nature. What in Artakha's name are these, and what were they for? he wondered.

Slugs crawled out from underneath Sorilax's armor. Knichou had seen Whisper's 'children' before, but that didn't make this any less unsettling to witness. As the Aspect placed them inside the sets of Rahkshi armor, they came alive, rising to their feet. These creatures were like Vahki, but driven by a slug instead of a computer? Knichou's face couldn't hide his disgust at the idea.

As Sorilax spoke to Sidra, Knichou observed the Rahkshi from a distance. They were animalistic, twitching as they took in their new surroundings and learned to operate their new sets of armor. Like a trio of cubs, they crowded around Sorilax for attention and affection.

Knichou looked back as Stannis responded to Ostrox. Stannis had already taken a keg of the supernatural liquid for himself, and shortly after his speech, walked off, muttering some nonsensical excuse. Was that all he was here for? Knichou considered that with the wizard gone, perhaps Sorilax could speak more freely. Perhaps while he was at it, Knichou could learn more about Sorilax's concerning behavior.

Reaching out with his element, Knichou made two steel tubes around his zamors, each holding five of the crystal orbs. The Nynran telekinetically lifted the containers out of the trough and set them down by his side. He then used even more of his elemental power to shape the iron trough even further, sealing the last of the energized protodermis into a large, cylindrical iron tank. He wasn't sure what Sorilax was doing, but clearly this substance had even more strange powers than the legends told. That made it dangerous, and that danger needed to be controlled before any enterprising Aspects used it for more dark magic.

With the energized protodemis sealed away, Knichou was satisfied enough for now. He would talk to Vulimai about controlling this substance later, but at the moment it appeared that like she was still conversing with Whisper. For now, there were many questions that Sorilax hopefully had answers for. Knichou approached the peculiar being, keeping a distance from his posse of goons.

"Sorilax. What did you just do?"

IC: Arnex, Kini-Nui Lakeside, The Taku, Upper Deck

Arnex looked to Navu, who was covering her ears, with sympathy as they heard Skyra's shout. Perhaps Skyra wasn't the best Toa to learn from after all. The Onu-Matoran rushed to the bow to find out what was going on. She saw Skyra with a Ta-Toa leaning back in a chair at the meeting table, and heard NU berate Skyra.

"What's going on?"

Edited by BULiK
taku geography confusion
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku -

Skyra turned to look at Arnex, glad that the Vahki wasn't the only one on the ship. "I was showing my wife Rose here around the ship. Wanted to see if anyone was onboard so I shouted." 

OOC: @Tarn @BULiK @Toru Nui

• Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Arnex, Kini-Nui Lakeside, The Taku, Lower Deck

"What, did you think that Navu and I got off the ship in the five minutes since we've landed?" Arnex asked, annoyed. "You could have checked the bridge right behind you, or contacted it with the communications system."

The matoran pointed to the side of the room, where as a part of the ship's intercom system, there was a small speaker and microphone set installed in a compact box. Underneath the instruments was a transmit button with buttons to select where to broadcast, along with an engraving that said Meeting Room to denote which station this was. These were at all the battle stations of the ship, installed for disseminating orders and quickly relaying status back to the bridge for those who didn't have a personal radio on them.

"You know Navu's a De-Matoran right? You could have whispered for us and she'd know you were aboard."

Edited by BULiK
taku geography confusion
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Kini-Nui - Earth Bunker

Performing diagnostics.

Remaining energy at critical levels. Activating power saving mode.

This unit appears to still be alive.

Ally Atamai is still alive. Acquaintance Sidra is still alive.

Registering Sidra NUVA as Ally.

New task: Investigate newly revealed mech.

The drained machine slowly rose up from its awkward seating position. Turning to leave it said to its longtime ally, “Thank you Ally Atamai for your assistance.” The climb down the massive ACR was slow, and the mechanical enforcer definitely slipped and fell part of the way, but eventually it had reached the ground and begun making its way towards the opened bunker. Along the way there was a bunch of commotion about the mysterious golden liquid leaking from the now opened bunker, but the machine paid it no mind besides noting that Stannis and Knichou, the latter wearing a new mask of some sort, had joined Sorilax in collecting the golden liquid. Farther along was Sidra, recovering from the energy drainage she had once again been subjected to. The robot took a moment to regard its fellow NUVA.

This unit greatly appreciates your assistance, Ally Sidra,” it said. “Do know that this unit will ensure that it does not ask you to perform this kind of assistance again in the future.”

Continuing onward the machine was enveloped by the mist that filled the bunker, slowly approaching the machine that lay within.

OOC: @Eyru@Nato the Traveler@~Xemnas~

• Like 5

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Arnex, Kini-Nui Lakeside, The Taku, Lower Deck

"It's fine," Arnex responded. "You're new here anyways. Something to keep in mind in the future."

"Does your wife want a tour or something? We seem to be giving a lot of those lately."

• Like 3

IC: Irna | Kumu Peninsula

Irna screwed up her face -- hadn't it been their entire mission to track down an Aspect? But she could also imagine Tekmo's position, lost as he had been in this strange landscape, and desperate to find his friends again. So she did not fight his request, and instead nodded her head and turned to lead the way back out of this jungle.

Both of them having wandered the swamp for some time, it didn't take the two of them long to make their way back to the treeline, where the Muaka -- and their more mechanically-inclined friends -- could be found.

"Keitara and Skorm will be glad to see you safe," Irna said, patting Tekmo on the back.

OOC: @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

It didn't take long for Parnassus to stumble their way out of the fortress ... out into the desert ... to the place where they and Corrivalis--

{Cousin, I am here.}

{I am in the deserts beyond the sight of Fort Nektann.}

{What are you planning here?}

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

IC: Detsu | Fort Nektann

Detsu slowly made his way out of Barius'-- no, Drukarus' -- private quarters, shuffling slowly to where Krrenchk had run off to, to the garages. Their new leader had not even ordered a raid yet, but that masked man ... well, Detsu supposed that he could understand the warskak's determination ... considering what had happened to him. Yes, Detsu could understand ... maybe he too wished to go and raid ... go and try to die....

He made it to the garage, where Krrenchk and another warskak ... one which Detsu did not recognize.

He didn't speak, but just went over to the demon's ACR and began examining it, ensuring that it would run smoothly if need be.

But he listened.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @NorikSigma

-Void

• Like 4

[ BZPRPG ]

11 minutes ago, Conway said:

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

It didn't take long for Parnassus to stumble their way out of the fortress ... out into the desert ... to the place where they and Corrivalis--

{Cousin, I am here.}

{I am in the deserts beyond the sight of Fort Nektann.}

{What are you planning here?}

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro, the Ambling Alp

The old man had just finished placing his precious cargo in the science bay of his airship when he heard Parnassus' call again. Though they were mio apart from from each other, the broadcast was clear as if they were standing beside one another, and there was even a certain richness to the mental tones lost in the soundwaves of spoken speech. Stannis could feel the harsh, bitter sadness in Parnassus' mind that tainted his emotive psionic link. Something had happened, something that shook the younger cousin. Had he done something, or had something been done to him? Had he discovered some truth that he was unprepared to fathom? Knowledge always came at a cost. 

These were not the wonderings of a detached god, but a concerned patron. Parnassus had consciously not chosen to be part of Caedast's "flock," but in joining together he nevertheless became a beneficiary to the elder's power. And what use was power if it was not wielded properly? He closed his eyes and felt through the shadows, touching the shadow trailing behind Parnassus like a long dark tail across the wasteland desert's sands. The younger one was alone, out of sight of the oasis fortress, with only the shifting dunes for his company. Stannis grabbed hold of that tail and pulled himself to it like a climber heaving up a length of rope, hoisting his body along the mountains and rivers and sands that spanned between he and his ward.

{Cousin, when I am called I will answer.}

{And when I am asked for, I}

{will}

"appear."

The sagacious Aspect of Makuta in the wizened toa's body stood a few bio from Parnassus, just at the far end of the latter's long afternoon shadow, his grey cloak folded and slung over his shoulder like a beach towel and thusly revealing his noble visage to the other. He'd arrived noiselessly; only his last word, heard but not felt, heralded his appearance. 

@Conway

• Like 3

"I'll hold you to that," she muttered, forcing herself to her feet as Kilo scuttled by her. 

She staggered over to the trough of energised protodermis, planning to empty out her waterskin onto the grass and fill it instead with the radiant golden liquid. There was no telling when something like that might come in handy. However, by the time she made it over to where the others were standing, the energised protodermis had been sealed up by... 

"You?" Sidra sputtered, staring at the familiar Fe-Toa.

@BULiK

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Location - Kilo’s Bunker

With - Sidra, Kilo, Atamai, Knichou, Ostrox, (Others)

As Sorilax planned out his route and how he was going to accomplish his plan, One settled down on the ground, crossing his legs and waiting patiently for orders from Sorilax. Two watched the gathered beings, observing them with the orange colored optics all the Rahkshi shared. Three continued to experiment with his new body, swiping at imaginary enemies with his staff and generally testing out the limits of his new form.

One idly looked about, inspecting the ground. A spot of beauty caught his attention and so he hissed at Sorilax to get his creator’s attention.

Sorilax looked down, train of thought broken. His Rahkshi of Teleportation was pointing at a flower. Sorilax nodded, “Ah, yes, Campanula latifolia, or the bellflower. You can see by the shape why it is named so. It certainly holds beauty. Good job, One.

One hissed happily.

Sorilax turned, noting that the iron trough had grown in size and sealed itself. He closed his open ended hardlight box that still had some EP in it and reduced the size, bringing it over beside himself to rest on the ground. He frowned. One pointing out that flower made him think of the flower crown he still wore that Vhisola had given him. He sure hoped Vhisola was doing well. He had wanted to check on her far quicker than a month’s span of time. Who knew how Metru-Koro was fairing after all this time.

His Life Kraata power informed him of a Toa drawing near. It was Knichou, though All-seeker was nowhere to be seen. That left only one other Aspect in the general area. If it got close enough to hear him, he would put up a wall of Silence in between himself and the Aspect.

The Toa spoke, “Sorilax. What did you just do?"

What did he just do? Sorilax played back his memory. “I was just thinking. Before that I brought the overflow of pure energized protodermis over here. Before that I was talking with One here about the flower he noticed.” He pointed to the Rahkshi of Teleporation sitting on the grass. It waved at the Toa at the mention of its very unoriginal name. “Before that I was thinking and then planning. Before that I was conversing with Sidra because it seemed she was in need of assistance. Apparently she is just tired. Before that I utilized my altered Rahkshi Taboo. And before that I was conversing with True-guesser. Though you were there for that conversation, so I suppose I need not have mentioned it.

OOC: @BULiK

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Changed what Sorilax did with his hardlight box of EP.
  • Like 2

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

"Vulimai? Can I have a moment of your time?"

Vulimai stopped in her pace in following Knichou, Ostrox, and Stannis, as she was approached by the tentacled form of Whisper. She knew it was best if she simply stepped past the Aspect, to ensure that the Toa and the Mantaxian don’t end up coming to blows. But, she had questions of her own for Whisper and she trusted that the sage Stannis would keep those two in line. “I’m a bit constrained for time at the moment, but yes, what is it you need Aspect Whisper?”

“I have some… business to take care of, back home,” she said. “I just wanted to let someone know I was departing, and that I’m not sure how long I’ll be gone.”

‘Karz, suppose this really is my last chance.’ She thought to herself before speaking. “Before you leave, I need to know something,” Her expression grew grim as she spoke, “Did you know about the effect of the masks you infected, how those who wear them can’t willfully remove them?”

“I’m aware. I didn’t realise that was unusual. Aren’t your kind supposed to keep your masks on?”

“Technically yes, but that's not the issue. The issue is the fact that you didn’t inform me of such, and it is raising questions, like what else you haven’t told me concerning the masks?” Vulimai said, crossing her arms, intent on blocking Whisper’s way if they attempted to leave.

“There’s much I haven’t told you, about a great many things,” Whisper replied thoughtfully, “Because you didn’t ask, it wasn’t relevant… or it was my own business.”

“Well, me allowing you to infect the Matoran has made it my business. And these masks,” She pointed towards the one upon her own face, “Makes whatever you know relevant, as it affects my charges. So tell me now, what do these masks do, completely?”

“The masks give you the power to protect your people, and your people the power to protect themselves,” Whisper said. “Unless something adverse has occurred to make you believe otherwise?”

“Yes, they give us power. But power never comes without a cost, I've come to understand that. I’ve also come to understand that certain...Magic are able to bind people’s wills. So, tell me, what is the cost for this power or am I mistaken in my suspicions?” Vulimai said skeptically and suspicious.

“I fear you’re mistaken. In the month I’ve been among your people, many have worn my masks, and none have suffered side effects that I’m aware of. So… what has provoked this sudden suspicion? If I possessed the power to bend wills, would I not simply use it to rid myself of your questions now?”

Vulimai's gaze hardened upon the Aspect, trying to discern any hint of a lie from them. But all she had was their tone, and what body language that could be translated. And so, without any way to tell if they are lying or obscuring the truth, Vulimai seemed to relent slightly. “Earlier today, I attempted to remove my mask, simply just for the comfort of another Councilor. But I couldn’t, something forcefully stayed my hand. Now I’m suspicious, both of you and these masks. So, either you are lying to me and I can’t tell, or you are speaking the truth and I’m just skeptical.”

“The masks cannot be removed. It’s not my doing, it’s simply part of the… spell, I suppose,” She explained. “Immersing the mask in energized protodermis should cleanse it, should you ever feel the need to forsake the power I’ve given you.” 

Vulimai nodded her head as Whisper shared the information, though she still stood slightly tensed, the sounds of the discussion and the actions of the Kaita Mech standing as far more pressing matters, but this was still a concern she needed to settle. “Energized protodermis, do you know of any other way? I do not want to risk the safety of my charges by exposing them to the substance.”

“I believe your disks of Remove Poison would also have the desired effect, depending on their level.”

“I see. In that case, lest there is anything else for you to share. I have nothing left to say. But, know this,” She jabbed an accusatory finger at the Aspect, “If anything goes wrong because of these masks, it’ll be on both of us and I promise the consequence will be equally severe.” Vulimai said with a threatening tone, her eyes piercing into them.

“This seems a rather disproportionate reaction to realizing you were unable to remove your mask,” Whisper said, drifting a little closer. “If something more has happened, please tell me. If there is an issue with my masks, I can’t help if you won’t divulge the details.”

Vulimai sighed, this wasn’t the time for a heart to heart, nor was Whisper the individual she would have thought to have one with. But, the Aspect at least seemed to be concerned about what effect the masks may have. And so, with no reason not to share, Vulimai informed the Aspect how she felt when she attempted to remove the mask; how heavy it weighed, how it stung her mind with an icy grip, how even before then, the mask simply just felt wrong. 

Though she kept her expression calm, a twinge of emotion still lined her words, speaking volumes to the weight of it.

“I see…” Whisper floated there for a few moments in contemplative silence. “I apologize. I didn’t realize it would feel that way.”

“Well, you wouldn’t know, as you do not wear a mask. Let alone one of your own infected masks. If there isn’t anything else,” Looking behind Whisper, Vuliami saw as the bunker opened, the golden liquid pouring out. “I think our talk here is finished.”

“Very well. I’ll see you when I return.”

Stepping past the Aspect, Vulimai at last approached the small gathering near the trough, just as Stannis had left. Looking between the gathered beings; Vulimai was intrigued by the Aspect Sorilax and his three Rahkshi, noted how Knichou was preoccupied, and the tension that filled Ostrox's form. Standing alongside the Mantaxian, Vulimai spoke up to them. "What did Stannis say? Anything not vague and helpful?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui Thanks Nato for this quick jam.

• Like 5

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui

The river of golden protodermis quickly abated. The last few drops dripped from the edge of the tunnel and sank deep into the earth, destined to one day be uncovered by intrepid miners in the form of the purest gemstones.

Kilo advanced into the mists of the tunnel, stepping cautiously over grooves in the floor into which the insatiable doors had retreated. The Kralhi's steps splashed in little puddles of golden energized protodermis, and it heard the splashing echo off the back of the tunnel that was still ahead of the, hidden in the mists. Kilo was welcomed by the sound of vents releasing steam, accompanied by the smell of ozone. The mists surrounded, deep and impenetrable. But at last, the dark shape that lay beyond was revealed.

A massive ACR rested on its knees. It came into clearer view as the mists dispersed from the tunnels. Kneeling, it was the height of several toa, but Kilo could tell that once standing, it would easily be as tall as the doors through which it had entered. The vast machine was bipedal and of a rather lanky design, with long, strong arms and legs. It was plated with colorful armor. Thick ceramic, glass, and protodermis plating protected the core structure, joined together without any sign of bolts or welding. The craftsmanship was impeccable. This ACR, unlike many, had a head: it looked similar to the head of a maskless toa, save for the six eyes across its brow. Golden protodermis dripped from its open mouth, revealing the source of the stream. Each droplet hit the ground with a plip that echoed back down the tunnel. The mech's hands were large and strong, with thick armor around the exterior of the knuckles. The entire ACR was traced with lines of glowing energy that made the enormous machine appear very much alive. As Kilo approached, it felt a breath of hot air wash over its body, which confirmed the mech's appearance: it was a living machine. Kilo had not heard the sound of venting steam earlier—it was the rhythmic breathing of the mechanical titan.

Kilo waited for some sort of sign from the ACR, but it did not move. Upon closer inspection, it realized that the mech was shackled to the ground by metal cuffs around its ankles and wrists. It was imprisoned here in this tunnel, waiting for its pilot. Kilo's eyes were drawn to the cockpit hatch protruding from the ACR's back. It was open and ready to be occupied. It was waiting for its living key. Should Kilo ascend, it would see three seats in the cockpit. Covered in supple, shock-absorbing silicone, they were more or less identical to the seats it recalled seeing in Atamai's mech only moments ago.

OOC: @pokemonlover360

• Like 6

Knichou blinked in confusion as Sorilax dryly recounted all the things he had done in his recent past. The Fe-Toa mentally made a note to be more specific with this Aspect in the future - Sorilax appeared to take all things extremely literally. Not many ways to practice being a conversationalist in the wilderness, he supposed.

"What's a -"

"You?"

Knichou looked behind him, optics wide open. While the commander knew they would eventually meet, he had never tried to seek Sidra out. He certainly hoped she wasn't angry or prone to do anything rash. Given how exhausted she looked, this might actually be the best time to reintroduce himself. Her sluggish posture gave the ex-Ghost a satisfied confidence that he wouldn't have expected to have on meeting another NUVA. After giving Sidra a glance from over his shoulder, his head snapped back to Sorilax

"You," Knichou ordered Sorilax, forcefully pointing an index finger at the Aspect. "Stay here. We need to talk."

The Nynran whirled around to see the former dark hunter. Despite his attempt at professionalism, the echoes of a sneer were visible on his face. His hands confidently moved to his hips.

"Yeah. Me,he said with a smug bravado. He looked Sidra in the eyes, letting her make the opening move on what he presumed might grow into a verbal bout.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

IC Katrin Nuva - Hospital:

"We'll be ready when he comes back." Kat said, firmly.  "I just.... hope I don't end up the same way....y'know....?" Her eyes drooped as medical staff came for her next, and she drifted into dreamless sleep as a new mask was placed over her face, and the medical staff began to tend to her wounds in earnest.

@Tarn

• Like 1

"How in the unholy karz did you get that?" Sidra asked, pointing at the Mask of Creation on Knichou's face. "I don't believe for a second that you bested Pridak."

@BULiK

• Like 2

If Aurax could manage to kill Pridak, surely Knichou could have taken the Barraki out with energy to spare.

"You're correct, I didn't get this from Pridak directly. Don't get me wrong, I would have beaten him, but I was busy with the whole 'saving the universe' thing, if you'll remember. Didn't really work out, did it? You'd think time powers would have let Tuyet overcome her journey being, well, delayed, but my current theory is that by that point it was already too late. The quakes were just starting, after all, by the time the machine was finally operational."

It was hard to say his words weren't slightly mean-spirited, but this was the first time that the Nynran could snarkily complain to someone who actually been there during the collapse and had directly impacted the fate of the entire war. It wasn't often he'd get to feel so good lording the past over someone.

While in his view, he had some guilt for failing to save the universe, it was another thing entirely to be the one who had actively got in the way at the most pivotal moment of the war - nay, the universe. Sidra's role helped Knichou absolve himself of failing at the task he never knew to prepare for.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

"Maybe you're right. Maybe I did ruin everything," Sidra shrugged, leaning against the tank. "I spent a lot of time thinking the same thing, wanting to figure out the truth, trying to make up for it. But I've learned things this past month. Things that made me... reconsider."

The puzzle had slowly come together. Piece by piece. Coincidences and chance encounters. All building towards a single, grim conclusion. "Dume was from this island, did you know that? Even Nuparu's machine was from here," she pointed towards the temple in the heart of the valley, where the Far Shore portal waited. "So maybe none of us made any difference. Maybe we were always meant to end up here." 

• Like 4

Location - Kilo’s Bunker

With - Sidra, Kilo, Atamai, Knichou, Ostrox, (Others)

Knichou spoke in a very commanding tone, ordering Sorilax to stay put. Sorilax shrugged and sat down on the grass. On second thought, he laid down and turned off his Calix. He looked to Two, “If the one who just spoke to me wishes to speak again, mentally let me know.” The brown Rahkshi nodded in understanding, gaze turning to the Toa of Iron as he spoke with Sidra.

Sorilax closed his optics and remotely possessed One. The ocean blue and seaweed green Rahkshi suddenly stood, standing straight and tall. Sorilax looked down, seeing his main body lying on the grass. Okay, time to find some Taboos.

He looked to Irnakk’s Tooth and disappeared.

Almost immediately afterwards, he appeared on the side of the volcano, his now large feet easily settling into place on the uneven terrain. He looked north, out into the desert. The Stone Suva lay somewhere out there, almost lost in the dunes. It was relatively nearby a Sand Tarakava den, but what really would lead the way would be the size and shape of the sand dunes.

Several well informed teleports later and Sorilax in Rahkshi One arrived.

Before him six Toa spires encircled a single point, curling inwards. They stood equidistant from each other and reached like broken ribs toward the heavens. They were made of metal, now weathered and green. Carved Matoran letters etched the inside facing surface of the spires, which Sorilax had already recorded in the past and didn’t need to read again.

In the center of the area rested a small single story gazebo, and underneath a shape that Sorilax recognized: a Suva. As he stepped closer to look for the Taboo, he commanded One to stay put and possessed Three.

The Rahkshi of Chain Lightning stopped his mock fighting and Sorilax gripped the staff in its/his hand. He looked to the northwest and focused on the staff. Three disappeared from where it stood.

...And then was in the snow. Sorilax climbed over the rise, peering down the many smaller mountains that now lay stretched out before him. The Ice Suva was near a particularly large hive of Ice Bats. He remembered well when they flew forth at night. His silvery form jumped from place to place as he focused on his staff of Teleportation to ferry him forth.

He was soon in front of a two story structure. As he stopped at threshold, he noted the temple was made of orange siltstone and rose two stories high. The clay tile roof of the second story caved in centuries ago, and was now filled with ferns, air-dispersed weeds, and clinging vines which trailed their snaking green leaves down the sides and around the columns of the exterior. The temple had a hexagonal floor plan, but the Southern facing walls had decayed and fallen apart. Stones once used as columns dotted the small slope down back down toward the far swatch of toxic green marsh and forest in the distance.

Inside the temple the floor was cool and made of blackened lava rock with large pores in its surface. Weeds clung to small cracks in the floor, and fluttered in a soft Western breeze. Resting in the center of the room rose a domed structure that he recognized as the Suva. The edges closest to the floor were covered in a thickly painted but well worn depiction of Kanohi, Rahi, and stars.

He noticed there were twelve larger pillars located equidistantly around the perimeter of the temple, although the Southern ones were little more than wrecked stumps.

Sorilax ignored the pillars and moved to the Suva itself. There were panels around the bottom sides of the white marble suva. Three panels featured color paints in the masks on Matoran. In the first, one Matoran facing towards a Toa on the left side of the panel welcomed the newcomer to their shores. In the second, three Matoran sat facing the ocean to their right and the five sparkling stars in the night sky above. In the third panel six Matoran worked on building a new Toa, dragging the construction equipment behind them as they marched to the left side of the panel. Curiously, this Toa in the final of the three panels with color stood taller than the Toa shown in the first panel and wore no mask, unlike the white Kanohi Akakus in the first panel.

This Taboo might take some finding. Sorilax switched back to Rahkshi One.

Back at the gazebo and the Stone Suva, he walked forward and observed a six pointed star carved into the top of the Suva itself. The faintest flakes of gold were inlaid into the star carving, most stripped away centuries ago by poachers and treasure hunters.

He outreached his hand to touch the symbol, noting that his Taboos were now momentarily carved into his Rahkshi’s arm while he possessed it.

If successful, he would switch back to Rahkshi Three at the Ice Suva and look for the Taboo there.

OOC: @Eyru @Vezok's Friend Sorilax is remotely possessing his Rahkshi to gather Taboos. He had the Rahkshi of Teleportation give its staff to another so both can Teleport. Rahkshi of Teleporation, One, is at the Stone Suva, where Sorilax is about to touch the six pointed star symbol on top of the Suva. If he gains a Taboo, he will immediately switch to his Rahkshi of Chain Lightning, Three, at the Ice Suva and search for the Taboo there, touching it once he finds it.

Descriptions of the Stone and Ice Suvas taken from Unreliable Narrator's posts in Six Kingdoms: Rebirth.

• Like 3

Knichou looked where Sidra pointed while Sorilax lay down and instructed his goons like children. He grew nervous as two of them unceremoniously disappeared. This was one of many things he'd need to talk to the Aspect about.

While the ex-Ghost had heard rumors of this far shore and the portal there, he wasn't aware there was another Kanoka infusing machine at the temple. Intriguing. Knichou would have to investigate further. Dume being from this island was another new piece of information, but Knichou knew far less what to do with that one.

"Well that's certainly... one way to rationalize it all. To me, it sounds less like you have answers and more like you're jumping to conclusions. This is all the next step of Mata Nui's master plan? He feeds off of death, y'know, so maybe he was just getting really hungry?"

The Fe-Toa shrugged, dismissing the former dark hunter's musings.

"I don't buy it. Even if it was true, it wouldn't make the current disaster any better. In some ways, this all being some twisted game between gods would make this worse. Until proven otherwise I'm going to presume I have free will."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

IC: Jutori - Kini-Koro Hospital

"You...you won't. I'm sure of it," Jutori said, not sounding very sure. As Katrin drifted off he sighed again, left alone to rest. So many he knew had undergone the transformation in these ruins, acquired NUVA...and each time, coming out so different. He was fine the way he was, he thought. Jutori, same old Toa of Gravity. With a concussion. But the same.

He needed repairs, though. Hopefully this village had an armorer.

@The UltimoScorp

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"Maybe I am jumping to conclusions... doesn't mean I'm not jumping to the right one," she replied, after thinking it over for a few moments. "At the end of the day, telling myself it was all inevitable is a lot easier than living with the guilt of killing a universe. Speaking of which... what the actual karz are you babbling about? Did you miss the gigantic severed head on the beach? Mata Nui is dead, he's got nothing to do with this."

• Like 2

Knichou winced as he felt a momentary twinge of guilt at rubbing salt in Sidra's wound. He of all people knew how painful it was to believe you could've stopped the death of the universe, but didn't. On the other hand... she really was guilty of it, so in a sense, she deserved that suffering. Serves her right for causing everything to go straight to Karzahni; why should he care? He really was too much of a softie sometimes, the Nynran thought.

"That's what I've been saying, but Stannis and Ostrox still think that Mata Nui's alive somehow and is keeping the untethered from moving from Metru-Nui's moat. I agree - that's all malarkey, with no evidence to back it up. No Aspect could have survived whatever caused the collapse."

Knichou was certainly surprised to find such common ground with this mass-murder-abetting assassin on any issue, let alone this one.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

Atamai watched Kilo clamber out of the cockpit. The cockpit door closed, and Atamai was once again one with Malhukuraia.

The mech knelt down in order to be closer to the people down below. Atamai watched the goings-on in front of him. Sorilax created some sort of creature out of the energized protodermis (Atamai would have to ask him about it later), Stannis took some of the liquid for himself (Atamai would also have to ask him about that later), and Knichou made some Zamor spheres and ultimately sealed up the trough of protodermis.

As Atamai waited for Kilo to return in his mech, he listened silently to Knichou and Sidra's conversation. 

"...Stannis is right," Atamai said, his voice coming out from the mech's mouth. "Mata Nui is likely still alive. His robot body is destroyed, but his spirit remains at large."

OOC: @BULiK @Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

"Well, good for him I guess," Sidra muttered, glancing up at Atamai's mech, before turning back to Knichou, "But what do the untethered have to do with him?"

• Like 2

"Ask Stannis, he seems to be the one with all the answers. Like I said, I don't believe in this crackpot theory. Maybe you know more, Atamai? You seem to agree with Stannis here."

• Like 2

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Kini-Nui - Earth Bunker

The machine stood still for a moment, gazing up at its much larger counterpart. In a manner of moments the two would be one and the same. Before that could happen, the smaller of the two used a careful application of the weakness discs it carried to shatter the shackles that bound the Kaita ACR. Additional shackles could always be created by Atamai if they proved necessary in the future. For now, the titanic techno-organic creation was free, ready for its chosen pilot to board. The mechanical enforcer obliged, scaling the side of the ACR with purposeful strides. As it reached the cockpit and prepared to take control, it hoped that this mech would have more accommodating seats.

OOC: @Eyru Kilo is activating the Kaita ACR

• Like 3

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

Mata Nui... fed on death... was the Untethered?

It made a twisted kind of sense. She remembered the words of the thing that had once been Othorak, calling for her to join him... them... it. But if that was true, it meant she'd not only fought a god, she'd defeated it. Without a mech. Without NUVA. Her meager hypnosis alone had been enough to overpower the will of the Great Spirit itself. With the power she wielded now, Mata Nui was nothing.

"Assuming you're right about this... then you're also wrong. The Untethered aren't staying in the moat at all. One made it all the way to my village, in the middle of the swamp, over a month ago." And then she realised, and she laughed. "If they haven't moved since then, it's not because Mata Nui is holding them back, it's because we hurt him. I hurt him." 

• Like 4

IC: Tekmo (Kumu Peninsula) - Reunion

"Of course." Tekmo was now certain that there wasn’t a grain of truth to the ridiculous rumour that Zyglak secreted a protodermis-eating virus. "I have returned. Please, hold your adulation."

@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, Bunker, Exterior) - Tragedy of Errors

"Ahahahah... of course not. Though, at least he acknowledged the problem, unlike his Lordship Commander Admiral over there. First they believe in Mata Nui despite there being no evidence prior to about a month ago, now they believe he’s dead following the same rules of mortality as the rest of us, despite being a god. How easily 'faith' shatters. I feel like the straight man in a comedy of errors. Hahahahah..."

@Sparticus147

IC: Ulkarr, Reckless, Lawful, Obedient, Impressionable and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro) Standby Mode

"Is that so? Perhaps that is where he became... corrupted, for lack of a better term."

Lawful then returned, with the other Vahki following behind him. "Squad has been assembled, and awaiting deployment orders."

@Harvali

IC: Enra (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) - Above or Below, All the Same Show

"Oh, those guys. They're called Mesi. You’re not wrong, they are Skakdi... sort of. I think we share a common ancestor. They live underground in this big network of tunnels and caverns. Only ever come topside to cause trouble. Though it’s not as if we above ground do anything different."

@Harvali

• Like 2

IC: The Rock Rahi | Kumu Peninsula

"Everyone has a name," the rock said cheerfully. "But until I learn someone's name, I just call them a potential friend."

The fortress towered overhead, as if daring them to scale its cliffs and enter.

IC: Tuyet | Throne Room

"It's because he doesn't belong here," Tuyet said to Xaril. "He's a kid sitting at the wrong lunch table, and it's messing with the feng shui."

"And that's the big question, isn't it, Spooks." Tuyet rolled her eyes at Aurax. "Um, he hitched a ride with me when I was trying to fix a different problem. Lemme tell you, your reality is just full of holes, and they're tearing open as fast as I can fix them. Like, three new paradoxes have probably started unravelling since this conversation started, and my knee just started aching, so a fourth is probably on the way. So, like I said, I should be going."

IC: Reliable Narrator | Relic Fields

No sounds came from below as Niidak ascended. The staircase eventually opened into a dim room, lit only by a broad window that let in what remained of the daylight. More of the same awaited her: cluttered desks, paper-strewn floors, and astronomy equipment in various stages of disrepair. Only one of the desks was strangely tidy (it probably belonged to a middle manager). If she moved over to the window to look outside, she would see an emergency kit sitting underneath. At the far end of the room, a closed door suggested there were further rooms beyond.

IC: Spiriah | Spiriah's Labyrinth

"Oh Arkius." The voice was softer and almost benevolent now, like a parent humoring a small child. "You don't understand, do you?

"There is no happily ever after, and there is no justice. Not for you. Not for any of us. Did you think a story titled Apocalypse would end with us sipping bula juice on the beach? Fade to black, roll credits, with a post-credits scene to delight the die-hard fans? No. We are the doomed shades of a cancelled universe, a universe our creators couldn't let go. We are all sacrifices on the altars of our various gods. We live only at their whims, until we die or until we are forgotten, set aside to wait for a promised third act in a story that will never see its end."

The shadows coiled, ready to strike.

"You die here, Arkius. Your story is over. But count yourself lucky that you get a proper ending at all."

"You are more fortunate than most."

IC: Tuakana, Axxon | Great Telescope

Yes, came the simple reply. The titan's mouth did not move, but their voice sounded through Mahrika's mind. It is I. This new body was given to me to serve the cause.

Now, little one. Where is the sword?

IC: Taja | The Desert

As the sun began to sink back towards the horizon, Taja opened her eyes. She sat up and stretched, feeling reinvigorated. She made a quick breakfast of water and a handful of dried fruit, then continued her trek southward towards the swamp. The sandy earth sent up little puffs of dust with each step.

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 5

IC: Xaril - Throne Room

"Assuming any of what you say is to be believed, it sounds like whatever's happening to reality is happening too quickly for you to stop it," Xaril sneered. "And by your own admission, your attempts to fix things have just made things even worse. So what's to say we wouldn't be doing more to help by stopping you from doing any more damage?"

@Eyru

• Like 2