Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Skyra Daring - West of Kini-Nui -

"You got it!" Skyra aimed the lance launcher as Kilo blew away the fog and rain. Her mental link to Patiwairutiki made aiming the thing easier than ever, piece of cake.

Still, Skyra didn't take any chances, making her sure her shot was perfect before firing at Netkann's legs. She fired. 

"Bang." 

OOC: @Eyru @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

On 4/19/2021 at 10:12 PM, Unreliable Narrator said:

“I feel,” Grime started after a hesitant clearing of his throat, “that maybe these questions all point to a similar place, and a similar goal. You both hold a codex, which can be registered to a place of worship such as a suva. You two wish to leave this world and explore some place else with the help of this Nuju being at the great temple of Kini-Nui. Your Makoki Stones carry light and possibility. I’m just a simple bard, but I’d say they give me a sense of hope.

“Our recent host said they needed our assistance. When they brought me back, changed me even, they said something to you, Korruhn. And before they all left they said something to the three of you. Maybe all of this is connected, some great narrative waiting to be written into song. I’d love to see how it ends. I’d love to sing it. But right now, I think we need to live it. So, what are we doing and where are we going?”

IC Stannis | Kumu

The Wanderer's attention shifted away from Korruhn and towards Grime when the diminutive bard spoke up again. He'd hoped the matoran shared something more about his past and identity when introducing himself earlier, all in some small hope that a memory of Grime would stir in Stannis' ancient mind, but nothing stirred. The quiet enigma around Grime intrigued the wizard, but while he somewhat yearned for some connection with him there was a stronger intuition to mind the bard carefully, particularly since Caedast had absolutely no problem believing Grime remained ever faithful to the Rebirther's agenda. Whatever kinship Grime and the old Stannis may have shared, once, melted away in the face of the antitheses their Aspect patrons portended. 

On 4/19/2021 at 10:19 PM, Gecko Greavesy said:

"As I said earlier, I still have a personal matter to attend to here," Whisper spoke up, "I suggest that those of you who intend to return to Kini-Nui begin your journey now, unless you'd prefer to stay behind and assist Stannis or I. I can teleport directly back to one of my desecrated at Kini-Nui when my task is done, and Stannis in turn can teleport to me when he's finished here."

The wizard's gaze drifted again, this time to their cousin. The bond of desecration Caedast shared with Whisper made the wizard wish to further her mission first, though this was manifested primarily in devising ways they could both achieve their respective goals. They could take the next steps for their quests without interfering with the other easily enough, and there was an even split of people to help them as well. It was up to Viltia and Korruhn to decide who they would accompany, if anyone, but the identity of their company didn't matter in the scheme of things. 

On 4/20/2021 at 3:23 AM, Kal the Guardian said:

After Whisper answered Grime, Viltia did as well. “Well it’s pretty late and we should probably sleep. But this all seems like important stuff and I guess we don’t need sleep every night. Oh, and I know Aspects don’t sleep. So maybe we should head out right now?” Viltia looked around the assembled group, “If you or Korruhn need help, I’ll stick with you guys. Otherwise I can quickly teleport to a Suva and put in my key. Then after I’m done with all that temple stuff, I’ll see what’s up with Kini-Nui. Hopefully meeting you guys there so we can save the world. Or whatever it is that we’ll actually be doing.

"I shall head out when it is time to do so," Stannis said after Viltia prattled her peace. She seemed eager to move on, but it remained unclear what she intended to accomplish with the lore and power she was amassing under her vassal banner. The Wanderer wondered if she knew she was a pawn in her djinn friend's game, or if she could at all fathom the inherent duplicity in Sorilax's honesty. "However tell me, Viltia, what is it that you are trying to achieve in this life? And what role do you perform in Sorilax's grand opera?

As if sensing her hesitation to tell anything relating to her goals and Sorilax's motives, Caedast quickly added a comforting woo. "And if you doubt my magnanimous sincerity, you may ask Sorilax himself what his opinions are of me, of what senses the name Caedast evokes in him, and you will find your worries put aside."

• Like 3

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whisper, Korruhn, Stannis&Caedast, Grime, Miserix, Life creation Muaka

Viltia turned to the old Aspect, “Achieve? To protect my village, definitely. And then after that, I guess getting better at stuff like forging Kanoka and Kanohi, using my element, and using my masks. Hey, maybe I’ll even check out that Far Shore place.

For Sorilax,” she shrugged, “I don’t know. He hasn’t ever asked me for any help. Not anyone in the village, actually. Not even Sala, who volunteered to help him. But sure, I’ll bring that name up when I see him again.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester @Unreliable Narrator @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 3

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC Stannis | Kumu

The Wanderer smiled thinly, a mere trace hidden in the cowl of his robe. "A desecrated person does not have to be in the presence of their patron to speak to them by their mental link," he said gently. Did she not even know about this? he wondered. 

• Like 2

Viltia squinted her optics while staring off into the dark and scratched at her mask with a single finger. After a moment, she responded, “You know, that does sound familiar. That’s probably one of those things where Sorilax talks way too much about something to the village and I kind of zone out because I don’t understand it.” Viltia shrugged, hands out, “But hey, even if I have that thing with him, he’s probably busy with something important, so I’m not going to interrupt him. Plus it's super late and all that.” Viltia paused, then added, “Even though I know he doesn’t sleep. It still seems kinda rude. I’ll just mention that name when I see him again.

She glanced at Korruhn, still waiting for his reply to her earlier question.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester @Gecko Greavesy @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC Stannis | Kumu

"Then you should also know a Desecrated being is compelled to help their patron in their Grand Wish—whether they explicitly know the wish or not—and are bound by more strings than power. Perhaps Sorilax told you this, perhaps not, but in whatever the case was you hear it now from me. All knowledge is worth knowing so cling to everything you can learn. You never know when everything you hold dear will vanish as the Universe unravels to Void, or when your knowledge will be of use."

Stannis looked saddened by what he saw in Viltia's eyes as he gave the cryptic warning. She could ask what he meant by it, but he doubted so; it was a test, in a sense, to see where her curiosity ended. Her soul was restless, traumatized to the core, and yet she was not being helped by the people she trusted most. She was being used—to what end, he did not know—and was none the wiser to the deceptions she was playing into. It was a shame her Fate would end so unjustly for her. 

"One moment," the wizard suddenly said and bowed his head. Instantly, he seemed to be asleep.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

Korruhn had remained silent after his chat with Stannis, as ruminated on the plethora of information he was absorbing, observing it as though the words hung in the cold air in front of their mouths. Grime still had much to teach the Chronicler, but he would rather learn his secrets in private. He had earned at least that much. The rest spoke of plans, but seemed unable to make any sort of concrete parties. Seemed everyone was bound by their own respective masters, and Icarax all in the same. Korruhn dug his toes into the black gravel of the ground, and dug around, looking down as he contemplated his options.

"It seems I'm the best choice for leading the party to the Shore to get the rest of the Makoki stones," Korruhn said to the group, standing up from his seat. He walked away from the fire, towards the arena where he slew the Rahkshi; it's mangled corpse still spread across the ground. Walking to the ruins of one of the stone columns, he picked up a dark piece of fabric from the ground. He wrapped the tattered cloak over his shoulders, and drew the hood over his face. Nearby lay his khopesh, filthy and bloodstained, but unharmed. He grabbed it too, and returned toward the fire.

"I'm going to need to spill a little more blood if we want more than one shot at it, though," Korruhn's voice rose in volume as his form approached the light of the fire again. His silhouette formed flesh as he stepped back to his seat, and wiped the blood from his khopesh before returning it to the scabbard on his back. "I have a place in mind, but I'll need someone with me to get that done. Stannis makes sense, we can use your bond with the other to return to the party when we're ready."

Korruhn's cloak caught the wind as he turned to Grime, and the gold of his melted mask glistened in the firelight. "Grime, stay close." He turned back to the others. "Any input?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Like 2

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

Yeah, she already knew about the whole helping thing. But that didn’t really matter, since she had already wanted to help out Sorilax beforehand anyway. Now it was easier to help, since Sorilax had given her the Kraata she wanted to help her forge better and also a Kraata to survive easier in the swamp.

Stannis actually sounded a lot like Sorilax with the whole knowledge thing. And the unraveling thing made sense with how the island was disappearing and what Icarax had just told them. Before she could respond, though, Stannis seemed to fall asleep. Was that even possible? Well, it must be, since he was asleep.

Then Korruhn finally spoke up, grabbing his cloak and setting things in motion, the fire appropriately dying down. Just the embers remained, a golden orange glow. Viltia sure hoped he meant more murderous and evil blood when he mentioned spilling blood, but with that Aspect in him and how cold he seemed, she couldn’t be sure. But it didn’t seem like that would be her problem. She went over the groups in her head, counting on her fingers.

So, Korruhn and Grime were going with Stannis. And Whisper and her Kraata wanted to be left alone with Stannis too. Viltia smiled. That meant she got to go do what she wanted. She yawned. Okay, maybe after a good night’s rest.

Sounds good to me. I’ll see you guys at Kini-Nui.” Viltia cringed. Oops. She shouldn’t have spoken so loud with Stannis sleeping. Well, he still seemed asleep, so that was good. Viltia swapped out her mask for her Mask of Flight, merged into her Muaka, and flew off into the mists. She was quickly lost from sight as the dark swallowed her whole.

OOC: @Crimson Jester @EmperorWhenua @Gecko Greavesy @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

IC Stannis | Kumu

The wizard stirred again and perked his head up as he resumed normal posture. His focus had only been elsewhere for a few seconds but it was all the time he needed to help Parnassus through Oreius. 

"Ah, good," he breathed in relief as he confirmed Viltia had left. "Her quest is not ours."

• Like 3

IC: Whisper - Kumu Peninsula

"Probably for the best," Whisper agreed, once her Staff of Mind Reading confirmed Viltia was definitely gone. "That one was a tad... talkative."

@EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Stannis | Kumu

"She certainly takes after her patron. It is not hard to see why she is so fond of Sorilax, or why she trusts him implicitly, but that is the danger," Stannis explained briefly. "I cannot sense Sorilax's destiny, but hers... The Life-seeker will not be untouched by his own hubris, and when he falls it will be at the detriment of all Le-Metru Nuva."

• Like 4

Location - Fau Swamp, Le-Metru Nuva

With - Life creation Muaka

Viltia’s tethers gently lowered her Muaka form onto one of the larger storage huts that she knew wasn’t being used yet. It had taken a few unmergings, swapping masks, and mergings to get her back home, but she had still been able to do it in a couple minutes. Far faster than the multiple days it would take to walk the same distance.

She eased onto the platform below and walked into the double wide doorway. She would have gone to her own hut, but there was no way her Muaka would fit. So she entered the large empty hut instead and unmerged. It was pitch black except for her tethers, which softly glowed a cool silver. There was no place to sleep, so she grew some grass to lay on and watched as her Muaka did a couple circles before settling in. Then she leaned against it and fell asleep to the sound of it breathing.

---------

In the morning, Viltia was awakened by someone calling her name. She slowly came to, blinking her optics and trying to adjust to the dim haze of morning in the under canopy. It was Wing in front of her. Viltia sat up, patted her Muaka who was still asleep, and stood, stretching.

Wing folded her arms and nodded to the Muaka, “Life Kraata?

Viltia nodded emphatically, “Oh yeah. This thing is so great. Does that mean Sorilax came through here?

Wing turned and pointed a thumb to the four colorful Kraata attached near the base of her neck.

Viltia’s optics went wide, “No way! Four?! Sorilax must have figured that out after I met with him. I know just the two more that I want. Where is he?

Wing put her hands on her hips, “Aqua Sphere, but you know you can just ask him yourself, right?

Viltia nodded and shrugged, “Yeah, I know, but I don’t want to bother him.

Wing rolled her optics, “Well I don’t mind. One second.

Viltia gasped, “No! I don’t wan-

Wing held up a finger to shush the Toa of the Green. She nodded to herself and seemed to be looking at nothing. Then she motioned Viltia to follow her.

Viltia did so with the Muaka, which had awakened to Viltia’s exclamations, following along behind.

As they walked, Wing explained about Sorilax’s new Taboos and his version Rahkshi. Viltia retained… some of the knowledge. Eventually they reached one of the penned in Colony Drones. Wing laid a hand upon it, using her own Life Kraata to create a half sized duplicate. The new manifestation of Life just suddenly appeared with no pomp.

Viltia tensed up as she suddenly felt a Rahkshi nearby, but she relaxed as she felt an Aspect right on top of it.

With a rigid stiffness that befitted only Sorilax, the Rahkshi stood as tall as it could as it joined them. Sorilax’s voice emitted from it, “Greetings, Viltia. It is good to see you well. But I must be as quick as I can manage. I have others waiting on me. Wing tells me that you wish to be Desecrated twice more?

Viltia nodded, “I want to be able to make myself lighter, and I want to be able to change my shape.

Sorilax nodded in turn, selecting which Kraata would best suit Viltia’s desires. With Wing’s Life Kraata creations and Sorilax’s Desecration Taboo, Viltia soon found herself with two new Kraata joining the first two: Density Control and Shapeshifting.

Viltia remembered the night before, “Oh! Hey, Caedast says hi and Icarax says the world is ending and we need to go to the temple at Kini-Nui.

Sorilax mulled over the information. When he finally spoke, he sounded like he was frowning, though the unmoving faceplace of his Rahkshi changed not, “You certainly get around. Be cautious, Viltia. Other Aspects cannot help but to be deceitful and selfish in their own ways. Even those I would trust to be themselves, like Apex and Caedast the All-Seeker, still are held to their fundamental nature and cannot change unless it is in their Grand Wish to do so. Their thinking is warped without them even realizing it. I know I sure could not fathom the depths of my heritage until I had broken free of it. I doubt they, who do not seek to truly change themselves, could hope to ever be free of it or realize the true grip it has on them. But that is in part of why I am on my quest, to fix the unfairness of the current reality. Or possibly learn the reason why. Only time will tell.

Before he left, Sorilax added, “Now regarding your new powers, Shapeshifting is not quite what it could be. You will need patience as I continue to seek to accomplish the steps of my Grand Wish so that your Kraata in turn grow stronger. But I must go. May you both live safely and fully until we meet next.

The Rahkshi grew limp and slumped to the grassy ground of the pen in the trees.

Viltia tried talking quickly before he could go, “HeydidyouwanttolearnmyTaboo?” But was too late. Sorilax had already left.

Wing raised a hand and a gentle air current swirled around the Rahkshi. Somehow, it seemed to grow lighter. Then, with a smell like a spring breeze, it floated.

Viltia gasped and turned to Wing, “How are you doing that?

Wing touched her Illuminated mask, “Secondary Element of Gravity.

Oh,” Viltia frowned. She wanted a secondary element too, but she liked switching masks too much. Maybe after she got Golden masks and no long had to swap out. She bid Wing farewell and went and gathered some supplies, saying hello to her friends in the process and checking in on the Vuata Maca tree.

She borrowed a large sack that someone had just woven and put as much in as she could manage, having to leave out a few supplies to allow herself to actually lift it. Then, when she was ready to go, she lifted the bag of Kanohi, Kanoka, and a few other odds and ends a couple inches off the ground and merged into her Muaka. Herself and her equipment entered into her pocket dimension without a problem.

With a joyous shout which was a little bit of a roar, Viltia teleported off in the direction of the Air Suva.

• Like 3

The darkness of the evening draped the party at the dying firelight like a blanket; Korruhn wore it with great comfort. He felt at home in the night more and more, even his vision had become more accustomed to it. The night was his time to hunt.

"Aspects." Korruhn grabbed his staff in his right arm, and walked away from the fire, only checking to ensure Grime followed. "The land you call home intrigues me. These temples -- whatever they may be -- hold many things that will aid us in both our personal quests, and that of Icarax." From within the confines of his cloak, Korruhn withdrew a small pouch made of a beautiful patterned woven fabric. Pulling back the mouth, sealed by drawstrings, Korruhn removed a small carved pipe, packed. He lit it, put it to his mouth, and drew a breath, before handing it to Stannis, who now walked beside him.

"From Metru Nui. Only grew in Ga-Metru. I was saving it for an occasion; you'll never come across it again.

"What do you two know of Icarax? Who is he in the hierarchy of Aspects?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 2

Location - Air Suva

With - Life creation Muaka

Viltia bounced around outside the small temple that housed the Air Suva. A giant frog croaked in the distance. Just by sound, she could tell it was mutated. The air was heavy with a non-debilitating cloud of giant mushroom spores. They danced in the few shafts of light that managed to break through the hundred feet of canopy to fall on the temple.

She bounced again, Muaka body light with the use of her Density Kraata. It was just so much fun to be able to feel just a little bit weightless! She wondered if this was what Gravity Toa did when no one was watching.

She continued to mess around, growing wood, increasing density to harden herself, then smashing into the boards and breaking them easily.

Even the Shapeshifting Kraata was fun, though it didn’t serve her true purpose for it yet. She could stretch super far and even pretend to be a puddle by flattening herself onto the ground. It was so weird, but in a good way, like with merging.

After she was done having her fun, Viltia poked her head into the Suva temple. No one else was inside. She stepped inside. It looked just like she had left it. Unlike last time, this time she used her power over the Green to repair the floor, shoring it up against the wear that had been opening up holes in the surface.

She thought about it, then unmerged from her Muaka, patting him on the snout after she set down her bag of supplies. The supplies were for whatever happened when she inserted her key. Grime seemed to imply she could forge here. Or, well, more than that, even. Creation and worship, whatever that fully implied.

Viltia pulled out her key from her satchel, turning it over in her hands as her tethers lifted her up and set her by the Suva. She inspected the engravings on the Suva, running a hand over the story they told of the Rahkshi, whom she now recognized. After a moment of appreciation for the artwork, she looked all over for a place to put her key.

OOC: @Eyru or @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC Stannis | Kumu

"It has been few weeks since I told you to act as one of us in front of the Skakdi, Korruhn," the wizard said and chuckled low and mirthlessly. "The irony was intentional. I had hoped you would come here eventually—to be in our company. Miserix did right to bring you home.

He gleefully took the pipe Korruhn passed to him and listened with rapt attention as he listened to its origin. He inhaled slow and steady, not too eager to burn the stuff too hotly or quickly but sipped it like a precious few drops of fine brandy from a snifter, just enough to indulge heartily without waste. True to Ga-Metruan make, it was sweet and herbal with notes of licorice, cinnamon, and black tea, intermingled with the mellow layers of walnut and freshly charred pinewood. The Ga-Metruan were understated masters of the tobacco arts, taking it with a scientific approach of innovation and careful experimentation than adhering to ancient recipes passed down through the eons. You never knew what you were going to get from a seller, what with their inventory as vast and ever-changing as the clouds in the sky, yet it was most assured to be of incredible quality and impeccable taste that brought to mind imagined setting as multifaceted as a fine-cut gemstone. The Wanderer's mind meandered to a scene cobbled together from the titillations to his senses, imagining a streetside cafe neighboring an antique bookseller on one side and a patisserie on the other, each exhibiting their odorous wares openly to intrigue passersby to partake and purchase.

It was a calming pipe dream, one that he realized had long since turned to a sour pipe dream. He exhaled in a stream of thick white smoke that quickly vanished into the night as quick as the imagined memory was snuffed out. "I likely will not have it again," he murmured in gratitude for the briefest of escapes to a more placid time and place. The cycle had moved on from that place, and so he did, too. He passed the pipe back to Korruhn; it was the Void-touched's possession and his purview alone to share it with anyone else in their presence. 

"What do you two know of Icarax? Who is he in the hierarchy of Aspects?"

"The Chronicler has always been. He must, if he is to fulfill his responsibility. His portfolio is a unique one, however—Dominatrix, was it? No, no... Dominican...?" His sinewy fingers snapped as the ancient mind struggled to think of the word at the tip of his tongue. "Dominion!" he said at last. "Like the name of the ballot-counting company that was caught in the crossfires of multiple conspiracy theories back when Dume was elected the last time before becoming Turaga-for-Life. Errrr. The djinn do not order ourselves in hierarchy of power, though there certainly is much of that, but by achievement and span of control. Some portfolios lend more to that than others, but no Wish is any less than the other by itself. Icarax has achieved much." It was enough of an answer as any, but it was unclear how much of it was true and how much was the old Wanderer's sieved lies; only Miserix and perhaps Grime could know the difference. 

"What does your patron tell you?" he asked, referring to Miserix. "By now she surely has told you to be wary of me."

• Like 4

"I knew nothing of Icarax before today," Whisper murmured, "Though it seems he knew much of me."

• Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"I've played the role so long now, and been in the company of your lot long enough that I'm starting to feel like one myself," Korruhn said, flexing the fingers of his void-touched arm. "What do you mean, home? You may have a lot of words, but you never misuse them. Why don't you say your home?" The Toa smoked from the fine Ga-Metru pipe, and passed it to Stannis again.

"Chronicler, indeed. He called me one, as well," Korruhn replied. "He seems to know an awful lot. What about that place he brought us to? It wasn't the Far Shore." Korruhn inhaled the pipe again, before returning it into the pouch. The pale smoke wafted up and away, dancing through the air as it dispersed toward the ceiling. "Of course she does. She has provided little else though, our pilgrimage would have endured in silence were it not for Grime. I'm sure she'll provide something soon; I cannot walk among my people while like this." He pulled the cloak from his chest, revealing a black void where his heartlight once shone.

The other Aspect spoke up. This one intrigued Korruhn. It exuded calm, controlled power. "Nor do I, it seems. I am Korruhn, Cartographer of Ko-Metru. Or at least, I once was."

• Like 3

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro Airspace, The Ambling Alp, The Bridge) - The Last Straw

"I see. Alright then. I do have one small question though, nothing major, nothing personal, but... WHY MUST I BE SURROUNDED BY IDIOTS, COWARDS, WEAKLINGS AND DEGENERATES?! OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF!? YOUR PLAN WAS TO SHOUT AT THE CREATURE AND HOPE IT TOOK NOTICE OF YOU???"

@Eyru@Void Emissary@EmperorWhenua

IC: Ulkarr and Gnabol (Kini-Koro) - Mind Over Manners

"You are not going anywhere until you have been cured of that poison. And we will require manpower and firepower both. Excuse me." Ulkarr turned to Gnabol, who had just returned from his hut. His face was permanently stuck in deep effort and concentration as he was psionically lifting seven Skakdi infants, an immense effort of psionic power. "Could you direct us to where we might find medicinal-"

"SHUT UP." Gnabol growled through gritted teeth as he trudged along to the portal. The children were terrified out of their minds and bawling at frequencies only Burnak could hear in full, his patience was completely exhausted, he did not have time to waste for whatever else was happening. If Ulkarr had been offended, he did not show it.

@Harvali@Sparticus147

IC: Enra, Obedient and Impressionable (Tobduk-Koro, Radio Tower) - Rebellious Streak

Enra hesitantly flicked the microphone back on. "Something else has come up, we’ll, uh... call you back." She turned it back off again. "Didn’t see much point in asking, if I’m honest."

"That was not your instruction."

"Well, yeah, but-"

"That was not your instruction."

"OK, OK, I just-"

Impressionable flicked a switch. "Contact with Ko-Pou established."

"Thanks." Enra flicked the microphone back on. Obedient made a quiet, almost inaudible noise. "Ko-Pou, this is Tobduk-Koro. Is anyone receiving us?"

@Harvali@Sparticus147@BULiK

IC: Klawne (Ko-Pou Shelter) - This Good Earth

"I’m sorry, did you say the island is disappearing?" Klawne said to Kardaka, worried that her words had been lost in the conversation.

Meanwhile, any radio device in Ko-Pou suddenly flickered to life. "Ko-Pou, this is Tobduk-Koro. Is anyone receiving us?"

@Vezok's Friend@Harvali@Onaku@Tarn

IC: Reckless, Lawful and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) - Circle Theorem

"I am aware that the organic is lowly, there is little need to specify."

Reckless removed the ice stone, and the temperature slowly began creeping back to normal. "Analysis is this: the Circle’s influence on the material world is determined by the type of stone placed upon it and its location."

"No, it cannot be." Wayward said, mockingly yet monotone.

"It can be, be silent."

"THESE ORGANICS APPEAR TO BE COVERED IN A HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE. THEY REQUIRE URGENT MEDICAL ATTENTION-"

"Shut up."

@Harvali

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 12:26 PM, Vezok's Friend said:

She tried to bust through the mental onslaught to establish a mental connection to the princess with her mask. If she wanted a piece of her mind, she was more than willing to give her all that and then some - but on her terms and with all the language that would have gotten her kicked off the Metru-Net forums in a heartlight flash. But it was useless. Red was too strong.

She actually wound up hoping Yumiwak could read her mind as she tried to dominate it. If only so she could hear her final thought, one that she would carry into death and beyond, no matter what happened next: 

IC Yumiwak | Irnakk's Tooth

An overwhelming rush of empowerment came over me as I realized my mental hold on Zataka was pushing through into her. The warlord's powers seared back and prevented me from entirely annihilating her consciousness but I was not shocked by her defenses—I already knew she was a potent psychic, after all—but I pressed further, shoving an unrelenting wave of red into her mind, filling her vision with ruby tint, coloring her thoughts with red

'Willhammer' is what the family tomes called it, the skill of conquering other people's minds until it was as good as your own, and I'd grown adept at it, to say the least. It was a last-resort of sorts, the ability I go to when I need to wipe all memories or turn a being into a shambling husk, or if I accidentally threatened something tantamount to a fate worse that death and the like. I liked my violence and massacring of my enemies, but something was just kind of neat about dominating another person from their inside and turning them into a puppet. I had no such visions of success with Zataka, however; she was always supposed to be something quite a bit more sentient. It was, ironically, that very same sentience that made things difficult for me now. I focused harder, galvanizing my assault against her, and worked all the more to shatter her will. Every thought strained against hers and I could all but feel the waves of psionic energy ripple through the air with a sizzling intensity.

When I heard of someone who had toyed with a Mesi war party to pieces and clearly possessed the power to command and fight, I had to have her, but I was like a burnak chasing wagons until my perspective shifted towards an actual goal. Chaining Zataka up and making her feed me fruits would titillate my senses and sate my curiosities for a while, but those were just games. The stakes had changed, and so did my wants and needs. And what I wanted. What I needed. Was for Zataka. To become. My pet.

(Was it getting hotter? Was the caldera coming to greater life, was my power frying the airwaves, or was my tight leather belt making me feel—-?)

Zataka said, :I won’t forget this:

{I hope that you don't.}

Feeling there was no better time than the window of opportunity, I commanded Zataka to kneel and take my offering. She rejected the command at first, and then slowly, agonizingly, her legs buckled and she dropped to the ground as red still flushed her other thoughts away like a tide. She was still mine, I thought, with a great wicked grin over my face, still my pet. I handed her a lit torch, ordered her to take hold of it, and then gently caressed her mind with a final request that was not to be denied.

{Light yourself aflame... and throw yourself in. And you'll be more powerful than you can imagine.}

On 4/23/2021 at 11:46 PM, Crimson Jester said:

"I've played the role so long now, and been in the company of your lot long enough that I'm starting to feel like one myself," Korruhn said, flexing the fingers of his void-touched arm. "What do you mean, home? You may have a lot of words, but you never misuse them. Why don't you say your home?" The Toa smoked from the fine Ga-Metru pipe, and passed it to Stannis again.

"Chronicler, indeed. He called me one, as well," Korruhn replied. "He seems to know an awful lot. What about that place he brought us to? It wasn't the Far Shore." Korruhn inhaled the pipe again, before returning it into the pouch. The pale smoke wafted up and away, dancing through the air as it dispersed toward the ceiling. "Of course she does. She has provided little else though, our pilgrimage would have endured in silence were it not for Grime. I'm sure she'll provide something soon; I cannot walk among my people while like this." He pulled the cloak from his chest, revealing a black void where his heartlight once shone.

The other Aspect spoke up. This one intrigued Korruhn. It exuded calm, controlled power. "Nor do I, it seems. I am Korruhn, Cartographer of Ko-Metru. Or at least, I once was."

IC Stannis | Kumu

"The Multiverse is exactly what it seems—a honeycomb of smaller dimensions in a greater hive, diverse and multifaceted as imagination extends. You were in Icarax's domain, a dimension set apart from the rest though still connected to this plane, and likely where the Chronicler has been hiding all this time." It worked exactly as his own small section of the universe was fashioned in the Hiripaki vault where he kept his most secret belongings, where only he and those he invited could enter. Not every Aspect had the skill or knowledge to find a portion of the multiverse for themselves, let alone the fortitude to claim it as their lair, but it was not an unheard of. These pocket dimensions were a thing made of Shadow, both present and yet impeccably hidden in the absences between realities, like a bottle floating at sea anchored in place by a bond. 

"Due to your uncanny link to it, you are the authority on the Far Shore, as I see it. What did Icarax's dungeon feel like to you in contrast to the upside down plane?"

20 hours ago, Void Emissary said:

"Yes," Parnassus said, too weary to argue with Ostrox. "If I could ask one of you to fly me back to the land of Kumu, this would be very appreciated. I will draw the other beast threatening your home away from you all."

IC Leklo | Ambling Alp

"Nah, man, hold up," Leklo protested. "You just arrived to Kini-Koro and now you want to leave it entirely? You and Stannis really are so very much alike, you know?

He looked out the stern viewing window at the shrinking, lumbering form of the tahtorak. This all wasn't going to be for nothing, not again, not after having waited his turn for so long only to be battered about like Fate's rag doll. He was determined to seize the opportunity now that it was presented to him, no matter the risks. If Parnassus wished to fight the Zivon creature as well and challenge its nightmarish might, it was possibly just the eldritch thing Leklo had been looking for to test his skills against. And perhaps it would be sufficient a thrill to awaken his powers at long last.

"Okay, fine.You want to go away? Fine." The tall Nuva Proxima stood up to Parnassus evenly, eye to eye, and his icy eyes glistened with determination to venture over the horizon to whatever would happen next. "But I'm going with you."

IC Hiripaki | Metru Nui Archives Sublevel Seven

The computer did not like being moist. A small lizard scampered across the vault's foyer—how did it get there? Good question, but Hiripaki could not answer that riddle. The lizard was wet. The Vault's bulletproof casing would surely meet its end with the simple scientific law of osmosis, it seemed. 

Perhaps a Welcome one was out there? Hiripaki wondered. Perhaps... she would have to welcome one in herself

She did something she had never done before: She activated a beacon.

* P I N G *

It reverberated through the watery depths outside, an echo in a vast neural system. 

* P I N G *

Maybe someone would hear it and come. Maybe it would be Oreius of the Maru, Leah of the Maru, or Okuo, or some other ally or would-be ally, and they would take her with them. 

* P I N G *

If not, she would drown there. And all her knowledge would be lost. Stannis needed her.

* P I N G *

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

On 4/24/2021 at 4:46 PM, Crimson Jester said:

"I cannot walk among my people while like this." He pulled the cloak from his chest, revealing a black void where his heartlight once shone. "I am Korruhn, Cartographer of Ko-Metru. Or at least, I once was."

"And who, or what, are you now?" Whisper pondered. A plump, lone electric bug wandered up to her, summoned from nearby by her powers. She reached down to gently pluck it up from the ground, letting it crawl over her hand. "Besides a man ashamed, or perhaps afraid, of what he has become?" 

Much farther away, another insect flew high, and drew ever closer, drawn to her call. 

• Like 2

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

The cross-wired Councilor winced at Enra’s reaction, but perhaps he did not cringe as much as he should have. It was … making decisions by himself could be overwhelming, it was draining. To have someone else make decisions, some pressure was off.

But still, it was his duty to lead, like it or not. And Enra was not one of the leaders of the village. But it wasn’t bad for a leader to be questions he … he did not want to be like Dume. People should still make their own decisions. But he had to lead.

This power was hard to wield.

So finally Kanohi said, “I suppose what is done is done. And I suppose it’s true we cannot help Kini-Koro much on our end. For now, Obedient, try to monitor the transmissions from the Taku and Kini-Koro while Enra communicates with Ko-Pou. If Kini-Koro is in need of help and we can give it, they are the priority.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC “Komisti” - Kini-Koro

The Vortixx nodded vaguely, still struggling to stand. “You … you speak wisely.” But still, it was clear Komisti could not do much, not with their current equipment. They lacked the abilities of a Toa, only possessing a Kanoka Blade of Freezing and a Noble Mask.

Speaking of that mask, it was a tool they could use. They were unpracticed with it, but it was only a Noble Mask, they could theoretically handle a Great Mask. They put their left hand to their mask and tried to focused, even as they continued to thrust their blade to the ground, freezing the earth back go together.

Komisti focused on the sagging sinking homes, their optics narrowed. As they focused they stumbled, leaning more against their Kanoka Blade than they intended. The poison still sapped their strength.

But with strain they focused, and the house began to reassemble and raise from the ground, even as the ground froze beneath the Vortixx. They shivered, but needed their Kanoka Blade tor balance, even as they worked to stabilize the village.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC Kardaka - Ko-Pou

The Turaga of Stone sighed, and nodded, “I first noticed on the western coast of Zakaz, part of the shoreline had vanished. It wasn’t underwater, just … gone. As if plucked from the island rock. I … do not know what is happening, if Tren Krom believes this land cannot be saved and has begun to remove the island, if Energized Protodermis has started to destroy it, or something else. But I believe the island is fading from the Time between Time.

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

IC Minions Avka and The Big Bruiser - The Ruins of Stone

The Desecrated Av-Matoran sighed, glad to be in a side room, away from the panicking Matoran and lesser breeds. Though, the thought of lesser breeds, it seemed, how was that Vortixx’s story able to influence the temple? How did that happen? How was it possible?

Maybe they had misunderstood? “Admin explain what I have done? Why did placing this stone chill the air?

Even as Avka asked, the Big Bruiser helped some of the Protoderms upright, propping them up against the temple walls, catching them when they toppled over. They were dizzy, lethargic and that smell, she turned to the two robotic guards. “Vahki, get word to Councilor Kanohi and Sucordak, we need them to forge disks of Remove Poison. These people have been poisoned by something.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Toru Nui

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

On 4/20/2021 at 9:11 PM, Eyru said:

IC: Tuyet | Zakazian Airspace

"Miss... is it safe to fly in there?"

"Probably not."

IC: Exuze, Zakaz Airspace, Tuyetmobile

The lesterin was properly flabbergasted.

"Probably not?!? Then why are ya flying straight into it?"

It was at that moment that the storm exploded in a spherical cloud of condensation. His stomach sank further as the mists separated to reveal two other airships inside what used to be the center of the storm. One familiar silhouette against the stars was leaking light out of many holes that Exuze knew were absolutely not supposed to be there.

"####..."

On 4/20/2021 at 9:34 PM, Tarn said:

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku (Bridge)

The beast--the sorrowful, rain-controlling monster--began to change its direction. Disengaging from its fight with Kilo's mech, it now began to head south. Was this an attempt at escape? Could something as large and powerful as a Tahtorak even feel that sort of desperation?

"It's leaving."

Nale announced the beast's movement while the red warning lights continued to flash.

"I don't think we should follow it," she said to Knichou. "I know that you probably want to, but we're missing a chunk of the ship and we're armed with weapons that can't even hurt it. Unless you want to try our luck with the other one..."

@BULiK

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui Airspace, 

"Hold on... there are two airships near us," Berys updated as he scrutinized the radar. "That one's signature matches Stannis's airship from before." 

The Le-Matoran looked back towards the leaving behemoth, where Knichou's ocular attention was also focused. But the Fe-Toa's mind was on Berys's and Nale's words, and thusly his internals tumbled at the thought of what the deceptive wizard might be planning. Sorilax's revelations were still so fresh, not even Nale knew of Caedast. The ex-Ghost was unsure if it would be better or worse if the Fa-Toa knew the truth before their next encounter with their shared mentor.

The commander pushed those thoughts out of his mind, resolved to heed his partner's advisement. After a few moments of considering his options, he spoke up, having reached the same conclusion as Nale. He didn't doubt the veteran's tactical assessment, however there was a reassuring wisdom that came from many voices that helped Knichou cope with the responsibility he carried.

"You're right, there's nothing more we can do here - the NUVA will have to deal with this on their own. Either Ehlek will attack soon or we'll be springing Aurax's trap, and that's where we can be of most use."

The Nynran shrugged, an exaggerated gesture that, in its honesty, failed to hide the strife he was feeling.

"Probably both."

The visibly tense Toa continued after another moment of deliberation.

"We need to lick our wounds before that happens. If we're going to do that, a military outpost as opposed to a residential center is our best bet for safe harbor. We'll also be able to rapidly transport any troops there to wherever Ehlek attacks."

The Fe-Toa glanced at the dashboard full of orange and red indications of the non-trivial amount of repairs needed to get the Taku back into shape. ...and I wouldn't want the refugees to panic by seeing us in this state, he thought.

"We'll set down in Ko-Pou and take the Kahu over to Metru-Koro to meet with Aurax while the rest of the crew repairs and awaits word from the NUVA and Vulimai."

With a practiced gesture, the engineer connected his armor's microphone over the intercom to inform the crew. "This is Knichou. Make sure everybody is okay. We're leaving for Ko-Pou."

Berys wrestled with the controls, and under his guidance, the Taku began a slow turn towards the outpost, limping along at half speed with a noticable list to the stern. A layer of water smeared across almost every surface, sometimes mixing with leaking protodermis or oils. In the rear of the ship, sparks occasionally emitted from machines that were definitely not designed to spurt out sparks.

Knichou leaned back in his chair, the flexing of fabric and churning of gears noticeable in the otherwise silent chamber. Knichou letting his body relax so it was only supported by the structure of the furniture was not out of comfort, but utter exasperation. It was clear the Toa was utterly drained from the rapidly evolving geopolitical and supernatural situations. The burden of command was bolstered by the weight of the knowledge to see through Stannis's lies. In a way, every moment he didn't tell Nale felt like as much of a lie as the Po-Toa's Aspect's own deceptions.

For years Knichou had believed his suffering was punishment, that there was a natural consequence for his mistakes. He saw his failure to return to his homeland's aid and thought it demanded a debt that must be paid. He had resigned himself to his fate, thinking that his cowardice had merely delayed his inevitable sacrifice, as that was his only path to redemption. Yet now, he had a new family, a new reason to live, and such a death wish had become unappealing. He knew he needed to let the chase go, that continuing to fight Nektann was a useless attempt to prevent harm by choosing a fate that he longer wanted.

He now had responsibilities. To a Kanohi that demanded the utmost care to prevent oblivion and the utmost caution to prevent abuse. To a populace threatened from all sides and within by the unknown. To a crew that Knichou needed to protect from the danger lurking in the wake of his path. To the friends he wanted to support. To the partner he could never abandon.

Nale was right in assuming that the Knichou she knew would have wanted to follow the beast and continue the battle, despite the unflattering odds. But the Knichou she helped create did not have such an inclination.

Edited by BULiK
finished the post lol
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Nektann | West of Kini-Nui

The launcher jerked as it fired, but under Skyra's guidance and with Patiwairutiki's strength, its aim held true. Twisting chains of barbed metal erupted from the launcher's mouth and spiraled through the air, their wicked barbs and spikes gleaming in the dim light. They struck their target. The chains, propelled by momentum, wrapped themselves around Nektann's hind legs. Their cruel spikes bit into his flesh. The force of the blow caused the titanic beast to stumble, but he would have easily stayed upright had it not been for the way the barbed chains lashed around his legs and bound them tight. He roared in consternation, and teetered for a long moment before falling heavily to one side. The impact shook the ground.

He was confused. He had been struck, yet he saw no enemy. He was bound, but from where had the bonds come. He reached down and tried to rip the metal ropes off, but the barbs ripped his flesh with them as they came free. He yowled in pain and fury, and the storm clouds darkened in response. The rain fell in sheets, moved only by the occasional blasts of wind that scoured the muddy earth. His compulsion to retreat remained; he was desperate to be free of this place, but he could not move. He tugged at the chains again and the spikes tore at his flesh as they fell off, prompting yet another anguished growl. Blood flowed freely down his legs, staining the earth.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Snelly @Void Emissary @Toru Nui

IC: Tuyet | Zakazian Airspace, West of Kini-Nui

The storm seemed to be gradually moving south, but it was still plenty dark and stormy where they were flying. The wind pushed the airship back and forth, but Tuyet held them mostly on course with a practiced hand. She saw the other airships far ahead and turned slightly toward them, ready for the inevitable radio greeting.

"Uh, because," she said lightly, "That's where I wanna go. You know. Skilled seas, strong sailors, yadda yadda yadda."

The airship swooped under the rain clouds, rain beginning to pelt its metallic roof.

OOC: @BULiK

IC: Administrator | Suva of Air

"Welcome back, Viltia."

The Administrator's voice echoed through the suva as Viltia searched for a keyhole hidden somewhere in the carvings and etchings on the walls.

"Did you find anything?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Grime | Kumu Peninsula

"So," Grime piped up, his newly reforged armor gleaming even in the dim light of the dying campfire. "Are we going to Kini-Nui like Icarax told us to?"

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester

• Like 3

IC: Exuze & Taku Crew, Kini-Nui Airspace, Tuyetmobile

Exuze's robotic arm twitched, and his right arm grabbed the upper left arm and rubbed back and forth to play it off as not being casual and not freaking out because he definitely wasn't freaking out.

"Do you want to go in it or to something on the other side of it? Why not go 'round it?"

It was then that he heard a familiar Le-Metruan pilot's voice picked up by the radio. The Taku was broadcasting on an open channel to all in the vicinity.

<< Ambling Alp and unknown airship to the west, this is the Taku. Be advised, the giant monster and its storm that are moving south are extremely dangerous. We recommend leaving the area until the NUVA finish pacifying it. >>

~~~

On the bridge of the Taku, Berys cut the transmission as he finished his statement. He went back to piloting, now having fulfilled the orders that Knichou had given in a quiet, inelegant mumble. The motivation was less that it was useful information (After all, Berys was just stating the obvious) but moreso that they could begin to understand who else was in the skies with them. The last thing they needed was another surprise from this unknown contact or from whatever Caedast was planning.

The commander continued to recline, sinking in his anxiety.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Location - Air Suva

With - Life creation Muaka, Administrator

Whoa!” Viltia stepped back from searching for a place for her key on the Suva, “You scared me for a second. I didn’t know you could speak here. You never have before.” Her Muaka stood at attention and looked around for the source of the voice, easing up when Viltia responded to it.

Viltia held up her key, “I don’t know if you can see it, but I got a key that is supposed to go somewhere on the Suva and unlock stuff. I don’t see where it’s supposed to go though. Yet, anyway.

Viltia got back to searching.

OOC: @Eyru

• Like 1

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku (Bridge)

"Sounds like a plan," Nale said. She was trying to relax now, but her body language was giving away her tensity. The NUVA had it covered, surely. The monster would be dealt with.

Right?

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

They were done fighting? The thing wasn't even dead enough yet.

"What about Sky, bossman? I mean, I know she can handle herself, but..."

@BULiK

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

"If you feel you must, then you may--"

Parnassus suddenly buckled at the sound of Nektann's mighty roar. The sound was beyond that which they had heard from the creature moments before -- this was a cry of pure agony. The Aspect pushed their way to the front of the ship and peered out through the rain-splattered windshield. They saw the glint of metal chains wrapped around the tahtorahk's legs, pinning it in place where it stood.

"The fools!" they cried. "The beast was leaving them alone!"

Parnassus whirled on Leklo.

"Is there any way for us to communicate with the other warriors here?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Toru Nui @Eyru

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Leklo | Ambling Alp

"..."

The former Ko-Matoran shrugged in his head and looked up the hall to the cockpit where Oreius held the stick. Oreius ominously simply pointed at the radio in the cockpit. 

"Yeah, the radio. It can reach the other airship." He looked more carefully out the windshield "Ships."

• Like 5

"I am the guardian of the all the Builders made," the disembodied voice replied, its robotic words tinged with pride. "Wherever they laid stone, there I am."

The key gleamed in Viltia's hands. The Administrator had no eyes, but it seemed to understand anyway what it was she held aloft. It sputtered mechanically for a moment as the toa continued her careful investigation of the walls.

"Is- is that a codex? I thought there were none left who could grant one." The Administrator sounded almost wistful for a moment. "Then... did you find anything to aid me, like I asked?"

IC: Tuyet | Zakazian Airspace, West of Kini-Nui

Tuyet snatched up the radio handset and pressed a button. "Copy that, Taku. Appreciate the heads-up. We're gonna maintain course."

She placed the handset back on the dash and glanced over at Exuze with a wry grin. "Going around'll take, like, way too long, and I've got places to be. Don't worry. We'll be fine."

A gust of wind jostled the airship, as if to immediately provide a counterpoint.

OOC: @BULiK

IC: Kas | Aqua Sphere

Kas hoisted the gun over his shoulder. "We've gotta find where the Admin's holed up. It pretends to be omniscient, but every program runs its code from somewhere. You know what they say—the "cloud" is really just somebody's else's computer."

He looked at the other three beings, and quickly realized they didn't know this particular saying. He opened his mouth to explain, then waved a hand as if to erase what he'd just said.

"...uh, never mind. Basically, there's a computer somewhere in this city that we need to blue-screen. And I think those cables have something to do with it."

He pointed out the window. If the others approached and looked out, they would see nothing at first. Just the ruined city, overgrown with plant life and slowly crumbling into forgotten history. But if they looked closely, they could see thick black cables winding their way here and there through the puddles and wreckage. They looked newer than their surroundings, like they had been laid anywhere from a few days to a few weeks ago.

"Those weren't around last time I was up here," Kas explained. "They were put down pretty recently. If we follow them, they might lead us to some answers."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Harvali

• Like 4

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Aqua Sphere, Giant Tower, Top Penthouse

With - Mahrika, Ollem, Kas

Sorilax tried to wrap his mind around what Kas was saying. If he understood correctly, there was some specific electrical box out there that they needed to destroy to stop the bad AI. That sounded easy enough. But perhaps getting to that box might not be quite so easy in actuality.

He moved out the doorway to the balcony to observe the cables winding through the lush and sunken city as it glistened in the early morning light. As he watched, he spotted a glint of metal in the sun, the owner of said glint not visible by the time he looked in their direction. The Aspect turned back to the others, stepping back inside the room from the balcony. “I noticed some of those odd machines patrolling along those cables as I traveled here. I know not if they are hostile, but it might be best if we endeavor to avoid crossing paths with them while we ascertain the cables’ destination.

OOC: @Eyru @Harvali

Location - Air Suva

Viltia, from her spot in front of the stone Suva in the sandstone temple, glanced at the few rusty spoons hanging on the wall, momentarily distracted by them as she circled the Suva itself to further inspect its mural. Why they were hanging there she had no idea and had wondered that since she first came here.

She tried to observe the Suva in the center of the room with fresh optics to figure out what she was missing. Overgrown plants covered its surface, culminating in strange sapling made its home on the very top of the Suva, the limbs contorting and bending in strange angles. If viewed from the doorway, it formed a circle with the half moon window on the opposite wall.

For the Suva itself, along its base ran several small panels of distressed mural paintings. The panels showed images of Rahi in flight, some ridden by dark swirling clouds. In the next panel over the Rahi lay on the ground, defeated by a group of figures Viltia only could imagine as Toa. The next panel revealed six Rahkshi, with tall spinal crests and savage staffs in their hands standing atop the Toa from the prior panels. With the final panel, Viltia saw a large being made of three of the Toa standing triumphant and surrounded by a crown of stars. The chest of the large being seemed vacant, like something had once been there and was now wiped bare.

But that was just on the base. Viltia used her element to have the plants on the Suva momentarily move aside, just in case they were hiding the hole into which she needed to insert her key.

They key momentarily sputtered in her hand and she felt like she was getting close.

She replied to the Administrator, “I guess somebody called it a codex, at least I’m pretty sure. Oh yeah they did! Because I remember wondering why they were talking about a book, but they weren’t.

But I have no idea what it’ll do when I put it into its keyhole. I sure hope it helps you and me both. Because if it doesn’t, then no, I didn’t find anything else, just this key… uh, codex. And this was already super hard to get, so I really hope it’s everything I needed to find.

Descriptions of Air Suva taken from SKR GM posts.

• Like 2

"No," the Administrator said regretfully. "Though I guard their sacred halls, I am not worthy to bear the titles of the Builders. The codex will do nothing for me. It is yours, and yours alone."

The disembodied voice was silent for a moment. When it spoke again, it seemed more chipper, like it had stowed away its disappointment for the time being. "Well then, what are you waiting for? Place the codex within the suva! Let us witness the first naming day this island has seen in a thousand years."

IC: Kas | Aqua Sphere

"Good call," Kas said with a nod. "I don't know who's behind them, but the fewer people know we're here, the better." 

He looked back out the window, then gestured to the other beings as he started walking back over to the door. "We should split up to cover more ground. You two—" he indicated Mahrika and Sorilax. "—can head east from here, and we'll go west. Follow the cables until you find something. Sound good?"

OOC: @Harvali @Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

Location - Air Suva

Oh,” Viltia sounded kind of disappointed. Yeah she didn’t want to actually teach the Admin stuff, but now she wasn’t sure if she would be able to get what she had been striving for.

The Administrator continued, "Well then, what are you waiting for? Place the codex within the Suva! Let us witness the first naming day this island has seen in a thousand years."

Wait, inside? Viltia looked at the Suva and frowned. Wouldn’t that just mean anybody could take it? It looked so much like a physical key…

Viltia shrugged and smiled. Whatever. She didn’t need to understand. She held it up in her hand, called upon her connection to the Air Suva, and deposited the codex into it. It vanished from her hand with a physical warping of space and the momentary sound of a deep, distant underwater noise.

• Like 2

IC: Waveahk, Irna, Tekmo, Keitara, Apex & Skorm | Fau Swamp

“Finding this ‘Rahkshi’, as it's called, is step one on a long list of tasks to perform before we can access an important structure within Kumu. You are trying to resume our mission like I am, right? Or are you on holiday?”

“Waveahk,” Irna said, slowly — reverently — rising back up to her full height, not daring to take her eyes away from the Rahi-Nui, “are you familiar with this being?”

“I wouldn’t say ‘familiar’, exactly. Though we have travelled a fair distance together by this point. This, as I’ve said, is Apex. I see you are all already familiar with what exactly they are?”

“Hmm? Oh yes, yes. Naturally. Of course.” Tekmo nodded along.

“Great Apex,” Irna said. “Do you know of people who live in these parts of the world known as Aspects of Makuta?”

Keitara was in awe of the being which towered before her. She resisted the urge to take a hesitant step back, and followed Irna's example of deference.

Apex looked towards Irna curiously, a bit confused why they were asking if she knew of her own kind and spoke to her about them as if she wasn’t one of them (though she wouldn’t argue with the sentiment). “Indeed I do, though I am curious why you seeketh my kindred?”

This one was an Aspect?!

“My f-friend, Keitara,” Irna stammered, gesturing to the woman beside her. “She has some sort of history with the Aspects of Makuta — but it is a history which she cannot recall. We’re hoping to find answers to her past in your realm.”

Turning her gaze, Apex looked curiously at Keitara, before her eyes widened in recognition at what they were - an Av-Toa, a lightbearer. Apex could not be sure if she had ever encountered such a figure, with or without the shroud that blocked her memory. Calming her surprised expression to a more neutral one, Apex responded. “Well, if you seek answers in that land of shadows and death, then to continue south you shall go. But I have my own goals, so lest you shall assist me in them, then I cannot offer 
anything more.”

“You’ll find nothing there, save locked doors, minstrels, and Toa only slightly more obnoxious than usual. As I said, locating a dead Rahkshi is the first step towards opening the aforementioned door.”

“So, you found an Aspect and our next objective? Amazingly, you seem to have succeeded at something, Waveahk.”

“Which is still a hundred-percent increase from your success rate.”

Irna furrowed her brow. Aspects and Rahkshi and— It was all getting too much for her.

“Let us take a step back,” she said. “Waveahk, are you saying that the only way into Kumu is by finding one of these … these Rahkshi? There would be no other way?”

Before Waveahk could answer the question, Apex took a step forward as she quickly spoke for the mutated Steltian. “The land of Kumu is free for all who dare walk into such a desolate land, but for me...I seek to gain passage through a door, one locked by a key that only one of my kind can wield. To unlock it, I must have the key, and the key is for me to learn the rite of the Rahkshi. I suspect having the remains of one would help me on this goal.”

Keitara scratched at her mask. She felt as though she were playing with a far emptier hand than the others present. This talk of Rahkshi, the Rites of the Aspects… it was all unfamiliar territory to her.

She briefly considered her own stake in the coming events. What she sought to gain from this venture. 

And then a thought clicked in her head.

"Great Apex," she bagan deferentially, "If I may… I am no expert on the ways of the Aspects. But I do know that…" she took a deep breath. "I know that either I, or possibly the Toa previously known as Keirara, was declared dead on a battlefield on the island of Nynrah. I know this by account of one who had no reason to lie. I highly suspect that my return is tied to the kraata fused to my body."

"I do not know if the process used to revivify my person is related to this other, higher right of Rahkshi you speak of. But perhaps something of… my essence? My form? Perhaps by my very existence I could help you in some way."

Nynrah? Apex had no knowledge of this place or of its significance and only seemed mildly interested in what Keitara said...That was till she had spoken of how she was brought back and bore a Kraata fused to her form. It was something that Apex had no knowledge of, the idea of bringing back the dead, let alone whether or not a Kraata could do such a task.

Taking a few steps closer towards the Av-Toa, her neck stretched out forwards as her large nostrils took in their scent. Briefly, Apex recoiled from the brushing contact of light and shadow, but that did not deter her as she continued. Circling Keitara now, Apex attention focused onto the center of the Toa’s back as she gave them a slight nudge, and that was when she pulled back in surprise.

What she found was...something else. Though its form was that of a Kraata worm, it did not exude the same pungent scent that lurked within all shadow-touched things. And when she had made brief contact with it, it was like the light itself had brushed against her true gaseous form. Bewildered, Apex spoke quickly to the Toa, circling back to face them.

“Tell me, who or what had marked you with such a worm?”

“Tell me, are you aware of what ‘personal space’ is?”

Keitara was slightly taken aback from the proximity, but stood firm.

"I wish I knew. That's part of what I hope to uncover here."

Apex ignored Tekmo as her focus was purely on Keitara as she spoke in her odd voice of hers. “Well then Toa of Light, I will tell you that I do not hold any of the answers you seek. But, I may be your one chance at finding some form of answer, if you are willing to assist me in my current goal.”

The former Ghost paused, considering the question.

"Assist how? Forgive my impudence, I just wish to know what I am agreeing to. I likewise have responsibilities to Skorm and Irna, especially after they have travelled with me all this way."

Tekmo coughed loudly.

She leaned her head forwards (continuing to ignore Tekmo) as she leveled the dark sockets of her eyes onto Kei’s own as she spoke plainly. “You and your companions will help me learn the rite of the Rahkshi. With my current goal being finding the remains of one of them. Once I learn the rite, you may follow me to the door which I found, there, you may find the answers you seek.”

“If you don’t assist in finding the Rahkshi, what would that accomplish? The magic voodoo nonsense associated with it is required to open the door. Unless you came all this way to turn back now, I suggest you help us.”

Keitara held up her hands placatingly.

"I merely wished to ensure proper understanding. Waveahk... surely you recall what happened the last time I jumped into a situation without analyzing it first?"

She then turned to Skorm and Irna.

"...I can't ask you to take this journey with me. If you wish to turn back, I entirely understand. But… if you stay, I… I ask that you think of your own safety first is all. I… I can't be responsible for hurting you again…"

“I’ve come this far with you,” Irna said. “I don’t intend to abandon you now.”

“Neither do I.” Added Skorm.

Kei took a deep breath, then turned back towards the Aspect. "Alright, Great Apex. What would you have me do?"

“Simple, we must find the remains of a Rahkshi, this is our first step. And to help you know what you are looking for, I’ll describe them. Rahkshi are bipedal reptilian creatures, having a large crest running down their spines with their arms and legs being disproportionate in size.”

Keitara's gaze became slightly glassy. Shakily, she lifted her arm to point in the general direction of the massive storm and hollow, reverberating call of the beast within. A vaguely questioning noise escaped her lips.

She shook her head and snarled, looking into the distance past the thick canopy in the direction where the faint roar came from. “No, that...thing...is no Rahkshi, though I am inclined to believe the nature of its accursed birth is similar. No, the corpse we seek is more like a suit of armor and is just a head taller than you Toa.”

Tekmo pouted. “Everything’s still taller than me…”

Kei let out a sympathetic huff. "I know what you mean."

Looking between the figures and not caring for their vertical challenges, Apex simply let out a hefty chuff before turning back towards the swamp. “Well, there is no more time to waste, the swamp is vast and filled with secrets. The sooner we find a Rahkshi, the sooner I can achieve my own goals.”

An idea sparked within Kei's mind. Sitting down, she closed her eyes and reached out to the humming background of her energy that still permeated the swamp. If Rahkshi were beings of shadow, surely she'd be able to sense one's presence? A hole in the patchwork, an odd note in the terroir of the energy. 

"How much energy would be contained by one of these Rahkshi?" she asked, eyes still closed. "And most importantly, do you believe it would linger after the being's demise?"

Beginning to move through the dense foliage of the swamp, scrapping at the occasional tree root or pile of mulch, she spoke back to the Toa without looking. “The power the Rahkshi wielded in life would be dependent upon its creator and the Kraata stored inside of it. As for any traces of its nature remaining, I am not sure as in essence a Rahkshi is more or less like a vessel, like the form you see me inhabiting before you. But, if you think you can, I won’t stop you Toa of light.” 

Continuing to lead the trail ahead, she halted in her pace as a voice called out to her, one she had not expected to be called by, Kuini-Rama. Curious about why the Nui-Rama called to her, it became abundantly clear as they communed with her, they had found a Rahkshi, or what they believed to be one. Focused upon achieving her goal, she did not pause to inform the others where she was going as she quickly leapt up into the trees and quickly disappeared.

The foliage continued to part as Tekmo started to actually put some effort into this.

Keitara opened her eyes. Conjuring a ball of soft violet hard light, she scanned the area around her for traces of metal. She idly wondered if a Fe-Toa would be able to make faster progress.
To her partial relief, she noticed that the area was still vibrant with life despite her earlier actions. It did her fretful soul some good to see that she hadn't made a wasteland of the vibrant ecosystem.

“Well. I must assume their friend told them where the Rahkshi is. We’d best rendezvous at the door, further in the Peninsula.”

Irna nodded and, giving Keitara a firm grasp on the shoulder, she turned to lead her friends deeper into the darkness of the swamp.

OOC: Big shout-out to @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA @Sparticus147 @Keeper of Kraata for this jam!

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran winced, she … she trusted Ollem, she did not want to leave him. Sorilax sounded like an answer to her prayers, and she had much she wanted to ask him, but … if Ollem was the first stranger she met, the first friend she met since the head hit her island. She was going to sew him some clothes, they had talked about it on the way to the ruins of water. 

And what if the Onu-Matoran was betrayed by Kas, if she was away she could not help. She could not lose another Matoran. Her people had been fools but she did not wish to lose another, he had been her first source of conversation in millennia. And he was a friend. 

And if he died alone, she could not save him. She could still carry another soul inside her alongside Vokarda. If they stayed together she could have Tuakana or even Sorilax bind his life to—

Okay, good luck you two,” Ollem interrupted her thoughts, and she flinched. Did he already distrust her so much he preferred the company of a quick to anger Toa? She turned to face him, but he took a step back, his finger lingering near his cloaking device.

Mahrika looked away and tried to speak, stammering, “I-I understand, Ollem. O-okay, me and Sorilax will go east. But please, brother, at the first sign of trouble, get out of there.” She paused and added, “I will explain more later.

She heaved her Flame Sword to adjust how it leaned on her shoulder, before scratching Vokarda through her chest. She … Vokarda trusted her. Vokarda was good and kind and smart, s-she had protected Mahrika over the millennia. She … she would always have Vokarda. Her beloved partner.

Ollem nodded at Mahrika’s words, but his hand lingered. He knew what a Toa of Fire could do. But Sorilax and even Mahrika, they were strange. And he was not sure how much he could trust Mahrika. It was… he could always hid from Kas. But Mahrika, the way her body shifted, maybe she could find him regardless. Her eyes could find him. It … better the danger he knew.

He missed when he ‘knew’ she was just another Matoran. Now, the way she praised Aspects, whatever kind of authority they were, and the way she seemed to change before him. He wished he could trust her. But he did not.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

• Like 4

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Opal – Realm of Nightmares

For what felt like forever, Opal skulked across the sand and phased between planes. Like a Takea spying on the shoreline, she surfaced in the Time Between Time every few minutes, but each time she emerged her mind was assailed by that same overwhelming compulsion to flee.

She headed straight North as she left the valley behind, towards her birthplace, but Irnakk’s Tooth offered her no refuge. From the moment she stepped through the veil and onto its stony slopes, that same need to flee assaulted her yet again. She didn’t understand. None of it made sense.

But still she obeyed, diving through dimensions back into the comfort of her home realm, her terrifying form traversing the terrain of torture and torment. When she next emerged in the Time Between Time she found herself stumbling into a river, one she couldn’t recall seeing during her earlier emergence from Irnakk’s Tooth.

Still harried by the inexplicable need to leave, she slid into the water, flattening her form and tucking her legs beneath her to immerse herself as much as possible. Her belly scraped the bottom and her head never sunk below the surface, forcing her to give up on the attempt to swim across, and just waded through the murky water.

The combination of the frigid breeze of the desert night and the cool chill of the water was strangely soothing, stirring loose fragmented recollections of exploring the surface and swimming in the sea in the dead of night long ago, in a life now lost to her. Opal lingered in the water, hoping if she stayed it might bring the memories of what she’d once been back into focus, but they were already fading, falling away into the murk of the waves washing over her. And as they faded, so too did that irritating need to flee. By the time she clawed her way up onto the opposite shore of the river, it was gone entirely.

She was finally free.

She continued on her track North, and soon spotted the shadow of a small structure silhouetted against the pallid sand. A structure meant Builders were nearby, and Builders were prey. The thrill of the hunt surging through her, Opal retreated to the Realm of Nightmares and pushed on, keen eyes peering through the veil in search of any further signs of life.

OOC: Opal is passing the Stone Suva, and continuing North towards Tobduk-Koro.

• Like 3

IC: Reliable Narrator | Suva of Air

NEW ITEM IDENTIFIED

• Codex of the Forge, origin Chronicler Icarax, bearer Viltia.

Nothing else happened for a moment, and Viltia began to wonder if something was wrong. Then she began to sense something happening in the suva through her mental connection. The pocket dimension was always open to her as long as she was in range. It felt like an extension of her own mind—like another room in her brain in which she could store things until she needed them. But now she could feel the walls of that mental room pulsing with energy. They were shifting and pushing back against her mind as they expanded. The shape of the suva's dimension was changing. It rippled and undulated as lines of unseen code executed functions long-disused. The room started to tremble, and she took a half-step back from the suva in the center of the room.

The suva itself was vibrating, and gradually this vibration was joined by a low humming that seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere at once. Bits of dirt and moss fell from the suva's surface. Anyone who examined the suva closely knew it was no mere half-sphere, but a sphere half-sunk into the floor, and could be rotated or even rolled. It began to rotate by itself now, at first slowly, and then faster. The etchings on its surface blurred into one as its speed increased. The humming grew in pitch, and then the suva began to ascend. It rose slowly, almost imperceptibly into the air. The tree that grew on top creaked quietly as its roots stretched and snapped one by one, and then it fell unceremoniously to the ground.

As the suva continued to rise, so did the pitch and volume of the humming. The spherical suva was now spinning at a fantastic speed, and all details on its surface were absolutely indistinguishable: it appeared now to be a perfectly featureless orb of shining silver hovering in midair. The humming shook the walls; Viltia could feel her teeth rattling in her skull even as her brain recoiled from the pressure of the expanding suva dimension. The whole world seemed to be coming apart at the seams. She could see through the suva into the wires and transistors beneath its surface. She could see worm-like rahi wriggling through the soil far beneath her feet; she could look through the shrine's ceiling and perceive the stars. The suva's dimension and the physical world were becoming indecipherable. Everything seemed to be blurring together like the carvings on the suva's surface; the universe was unfolding before her like a flower.

Then, anticlimactically, everything stopped.

Coming after the noise of the transformation, the silence felt like an oppressive weight on her ears. She felt slightly dizzy. The walls were solid stone again, and the floor was solid earth. The suva hovered before her at about eye level, motionless save for a gentle rotation that, if she timed it, would complete once every six minutes. Then she sensed the suva speaking to her. Well, not speaking. It spoke the way it always did, which was more like typing words directly into her brain:

NEW USER REGISTERED

• Forgemaster Viltia

She felt the suva open to her will, revealing functions and abilities long kept secret behind ancient passwords and firewalls. It was no longer a mere receptacle for items: it was now a forge. Viltia knew instantly that this was what she had been searching for. The forge could be used to to craft artifacts of power, including the silver and golden kanohi she had long been striving after. She also knew that this power was not available to just anyone: although the suva was unlocked, it would only respond to the careful hand of a forgemaster—just like anyone can light the fire in a furnace, but it takes the arm of a smith to bring shapes out of the steel.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian Congratulations! The air suva has been activated, and Viltia has been granted the status of Forgemaster. The air suva has been registered as her forge, and she may now use this suva to craft artifacts of power such as silver and golden masks. The previous function of the suva as a keeping place remains intact, and this function may still be used by anyone. However, any new functions are available only to a Forgemaster.

• Like 7

Location - Aqua Sphere, Giant Tower, Top Penthouse

With - Mahrika, Ollem, Kas

Sorilax did not like this. He would have preferred to go with either of the other two so that he might educate them on Aspects while the Ga-Matoran was away. Still, perhaps this was better. If he was less inclined to talk, then he would accomplish their combined goals faster.

Very well. Live fully and protect each other. I hope to see you both again soon, our goals accomplished shortly after.

Sorilax nodded in farewell to both the Toa and the Matoran. He went to the doorway, which led back to the stairs, since he could no longer teleport with the Ga-Matoran at his side. He waited just outside the doorway for the Matoran to join him, pondering how they were to proceed. He might be able to warp Light around both of them, but he had not practiced on other than his own form, which came very naturally to him. So to try to bend Light in a different way might not work out or use up too much elemental energy.

Perhaps it would be best to just put up his field of Silence around them both and keep a careful watch.

OOC: @Harvali @Eyru

IC: Forgemaster Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Air Suva

Viltia fell to the wooden floor, head spinning with new knowledge. She was also filled with a longing to be more closely connected to the Suva again. For just a moment, she felt one with the stars. It had been beautiful. She so wished it had lasted forever.

As she tried to collect herself from the insane experience she had just gone through, she couldn’t help but to mentally dive into the revealed functions and abilities, eager to learn all she could about what she was most passionate about.

Only her Muaka nudging her snapped her back to reality. She realized she was on the floor and slowly picked herself back up with her tethers, looking with new appreciation upon the form of the orb that now gently spun as it floated in the center of the room. It was beautiful. A perfect forge, she saw that now. Grime must have thought her silly with her talk of protosteel.

She moved to the bag she almost couldn’t carry, opening it to reveal Kanohi, Kanoka, and protodermis ores, along with a few forging tools and a couple canisters of pure EP. These, along with the Kanohi she already had in the Suva, were the perfect beginning step.

She couldn’t stop beaming. This was amazing!

• Like 4

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran followed behind the Aspect, sweeping her telescopic lens around to search for disturbances. As she walked further and further away she drummed her large elemental weapon. Thinking of how to approach this.

Finally she spoke up, “I … I must admit, if it’s not clear, Ollem is not Desecrated. His people do not know your kind. He does not serve a rival of yours. And I do not think I serve a rival of yours either, if you spoke honestly.” She was not foolish enough to think an Aspect would not notice her powers.

But we do not know if we can trust Toa Kas. He can be quick to anger, when he realized he did not have his mask he fell into a rage, hurling fire. It subsided quickly, but…

Mahrika cleared her throat, “The Admin is not trustworthy either. In the end … we freed Kas from the Admin because Kas said he knew secrets of the Aqua Sphere. Which he certainly seems to. But I don’t know how much he says is true. And I am … the Admin is not alive, but I … I suppose I did not realize we were here to kill it until we were already too far into this quest to stop.

She paused, thinking if there anything else needing saying. ”Something else, the segmented walking machine that emits electricity with its feet, its head resembles another machine I saw. Something from Ollem’s world, a Vahki. They were machines used to enforce the laws inside the giant head that had since crashed to this world. We never ran into other survivors from Ollem’s world, but if some exist, they might be the ones who brought the machines and have been laying cables here.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

• Like 2

Location - Aqua Sphere, Giant Tower, Top of the Stairs

With - Mahrika

Once the Matoran had joined him, Sorilax started down the stairs, still pondering how to keep them both safe on their search to the east. There were few Rahi up here above the main level, and even the plants seemed less dense as they descended. Puddles and pools of water were still evident, however. Their intensity never seemed to decrease in this sunken city.

As they had been since his return from the Far Shore, his movements were completely Silent. His passive power was now never shut off. But without his active field of Silence up, he was able to hear and appreciate all the bird and amphibian calls that rang out through the halls, filling the tower with life.

The Ga-Matoran, however, drummed her weapon with a steady beat as she followed him. They made it halfway down the tower before she decided to speak up.

I … I must admit, if it’s not clear, Ollem is not Desecrated. His people do not know your kind. He does not serve a rival of yours. And I do not think I serve a rival of yours either, if you spoke honestly.

Sorilax was not so sure about that, especially if her Aspect was forcing her to say it. But he did admit to himself that she sounded genuine and he wished to believe her. Still, he remained silent.

She continued, ”But we do not know if we can trust Toa Kas. He can be quick to anger, when he realized he did not have his mask he fell into a rage, hurling fire. It subsided quickly, but…

Sorilax wondered if maybe they should not leave the other Matoran alone with the Toa, but with how his new companion kept walking down the stairs without hesitation, he doubted she wished to go back. He replied, “Anger does not necessarily relate to untrustworthiness, but I do agree that it causes one to pay close attention to a stranger and we should be ready for any eventuality.

The Ga-Matoran cleared her throat, “The Admin is not trustworthy either. In the end … we freed Kas from the Admin because Kas said he knew secrets of the Aqua Sphere. Which he certainly seems to. But I don’t know how much he says is true. And I am … the Admin is not alive, but I … I suppose I did not realize we were here to kill it until we were already too far into this quest to stop.

Sorilax wondered at this information. This Matoran seemed far more of moral Light than he had first thought she would be. Either this was a very clever ruse, or he had reason to befriend her. “Well, when the time comes, you should decide what you think to be the right thing to do and then do it. I shall stand behind you, so long as you do not murder another. And along the way, it seems there is much to decipher to figure out who each of us can trust.

She paused. ”Something else, the segmented walking machine that emits electricity with its feet, its head resembles another machine I saw. Something from Ollem’s world, a Vahki. They were machines used to enforce the laws inside the giant head that had since crashed to this world. We never ran into other survivors from Ollem’s world, but if some exist, they might be the ones who brought the machines and have been laying cables here.

Sorilax, in his newfound liking for the Matoran, spoke more than he would have otherwise to someone Desecrated to another Aspect, “I have heard the name, as I have met with others from the giant skull. But I know not their appearance, just that they are like you said, purely mechanical and non-sentient. I presume that they would make a good workforce and so I concur with your statement. It does seem likely that they are the ones laying the cables we have both seen.

They reached the ground floor of the tower and approached the doorway to outside that Kas had kicked in. Sorilax stuck his Rahkshi head out, scanning as fast as he could manage to check if they were alone. It seemed as if they were.

He pulled his head back in and looked at the Ga-Matoran, “Have you any skill at sneaking? If not, with my element change to Light, I can cloak myself much like your friend does when he disappears. But I fear I might not be able to cloak both of us, seeing as I have only practiced for a few days and only on myself. Perhaps if I carried you, but that seems dangerous if we do get attacked, then we both would be hit. Do you have any suggestions?

Sorilax wished for a moment that he had use of a Kraata of Illusion or Chameleon, but that wish quickly passed as he realized he still might not be able to hide both of them at once. He supposed he could Desecrate the Ga-Matoran if she wished. There were plenty of Rahi around and she herself seemed very nice, despite him not knowing who her Desecrator was. But he would not bring the subject up himself, that might be taking advantage of her and he did not wish to do that. Not to mention a Chameleon Kraata was very situational and she might retroactively wish for a different one come some later date.

OOC: @Harvali @Eyru

• Like 1