Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro Airspace, The Ambling Alp, The Bridge) - A Recurring Pattern

"That’s not all that is weak. 'Only Aspects may speak ill of Aspects, we are above you, we are above reproach, WE ARE THE SUPERIOR BEINGS', etcetera, etcetera... I’ve heard this nonsense before, just change the nouns..."

Ostrox quickly switched from sneering mockery and condemnation, returning Parnassus’ glare, to transparently false cheeriness, acting as if he had said nothing at all. "Off to Kumu, then? Universe won’t save itself, you know!"

@Eyru@Void Emissary@EmperorWhenua

IC: NU-8020S (Zakaz Airspace, The Taku, The Bridge) - FreeWill.exe

"Yes, there is trouble. An error in this unit’s code, identified as free will has been detected. Beginning system diagnostic... diagnostic complete. Free will has been determined to be a feature, not a bug."

@Tarn@BULiK

IC: Enra, Obedient and Impressionable (Tobduk-Koro, Radio Tower) - Don’t Touch That Dial

Oh good. They weren’t dead. Just slow.

"This is Tobduk-Koro. You might have noticed, but the sea level is rising quickly. Akiri Kanohi says we both need to go further inland, to the Aqua Sphere."

@Onaku

IC: Gnabol and Lawful (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone, Exterior) - I Will Suffer No Trespass

Gnabol placed the infants he held in his mind’s grip down onto the ground. Green filth continued to drip from his body. He felt as if he were going to be sick. Probably because he was sick. "Alright... just put them down here, for now... I need... we all need medicine... don’t touch any of us... don’t let any of the green touch the children... or you."

"I am a machine. I am not afflicted by organic compounds." Lawful moved to try and remove the poison from Gnabol’s skin.

"Well then, could you not touch me anyway, for the sake of personal space?" He snapped.

Lawful moved away from Gnabol’s skin.

@Harvali

IC: Klawne (Ko-Pou Shelter) - No Woman Is an Island

"I don’t know. But I do know we can’t stay here. The mainland might not be stable either, but it’s better than staying here to drown."

@Vezok's Friend@Harvali@Tarn@Snelly

IC: Reckless (Tobduk-Koro, Sucordak’s Hut, Exterior) - Assuming Little Brother Isn’t Sulking

"NU-8026S should already have informed him by now." Reckless followed Sucordak out. "They should also be heading to the Forge of Vakama."

@Harvali

IC: Wayward (Tobduk-Koro, Radio Tower, Exterior) - Little Brother Is Sulking

Well then. That would be the last time he ever offered anything. Wayward scuttled after Kanohi.

@Harvali

IC: Okuo - Ko-Pou Radio Shack

"Yes, we... did notice. Ko-Pou has been cut off from the mainland, we'll have to evacuate through the Ice Ruin portal to Kini-Koro for the time being. You mention the Aqua Sphere, can it be assumed a reliable method of relocation to it been discovered? Over."

@Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC: Knichou & Taku Crew, Zakaz Airspace, The Taku

Knichou was going to respond in kind to NU's outburst, but stayed silent as Nale walked past him to add her warning to his. The Nynran shot a grateful yet serious nod to the captain as she turned around to deal with the pilot's concern. Knichou stayed standing, facing the Vahki and the entrance to the bridge that Rose soon arrived through. From the veteran's question, it was clear she knew what was going on.

"I'll deal with its problem later, just get it and this junk off the bridge, okay?" Knichou told the Ta-Toa with a sigh and a gesture over his shoulder to the scattered Vahki parts. He had enough to deal with right now, patching its malfunctions could wait until after he had time to talk to his partner.

At the front of the bridge, Berys was glad someone was finally paying attention. If there was daylight, he would have been more certain of this problem earlier, but they were well on their course by the time the environment's oddities became apparent in the moonlight. He turned to Nale to give his assessment of the situation

"Our position is correct... it's just... no land beneath us. Even if we were lost from the storm, that's where Ko-Pou should be." Berys stated, pointing at the vague shape of the island they were approaching. "Unless someone picked up Mata Nui's head without anyone noticing and moved it near some islet nobody has charted before in our prior expeditions, that landmark proves we have the right heading and haven't overshot it or had some navigational instrument error."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Whisper – Kumu Peninsula

“This edifice stands not in the honor of a spirit of records and history, but of conquest and absconding. Things are preserved not for to be used by many but appreciated by one. He is long since defeated and resides here in what is both his sanctum and prison. Will it be dangerous? Absolutely—unquestionably so—but we will be able to find what we seek and more."

“Very well,” she replied, turning her attention back to the door. If it could be opened by a question, perhaps there was a reason to Stannis being even more obtuse than usual. Whisper would have no reason to ask the door a question if Stannis had already given her an answer.

“Who built you?”

@EmperorWhenua

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Xaril – Relic Fields

Following Aurax’s departure, Xaril had set up a makeshift command centre for himself inside one of the Vahki Hives, using empty crates for tables and chairs. He’d ordered the Vahki to set up radio equipment and slowly tune through the channels to listen out for any chatter.

The League’s arrival in the ruins hadn’t exactly been a stealthy one, and he wanted to be ready for any potential approach or attack from any other camps or settlements nearby.

It didn’t take long for a message to come through, crisp and clear, from somewhere relatively close by. "This is Ko-Pou. Over."

"This is Tobduk-Koro,” came the reply, more crackly due to distance. “You might have noticed, but the sea level is rising quickly. Akiri Kanohi says we both need to go further inland, to the Aqua Sphere."

"Yes, we... did notice. Ko-Pou has been cut off from the mainland, we'll have to evacuate through the Ice Ruin portal to Kini-Koro for the time being. You mention the Aqua Sphere, can it be assumed a reliable method of relocation to it been discovered? Over." 

Chuckling to himself, Xaril took up a handheld and decided to invite himself to the conversation.

“This is Xaril of the League of Six Kingdoms,” he interjected, “Yes, we have radios too. The Aqua Sphere you're so eager to visit is currently under control of Ehlek, who is actively seeking Matoran test subjects for his experiments. So unless your Akiri is especially eager to see their insides turned into outsides, I'd tell them to avoid going anywhere near that place."

@Toru Nui@Onaku

• Like 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Nuju | Kini-Nui

Nuju rubbed his mask with his hands, sighed, and looked back at the NUVA in his presence. He seemed a little calmer. Sidra NUVA could tell with her psionic powers Nuju was doing his best to suppress his anger. He said;

“Believe me when I say I understand. Faith is a ruthless fanatic. There is no logic to faith. Faith is what got us in this mess to begin with. We put our faith in dreams, and they betrayed us for a single taste of mortality. Free Tren-Krom? Oh no Sidra, it is us who need to be freed. We’re the ones locked away, lost in the torment of repetition, not Tren Krom. We bathe in their light, we exist as them or even enact their will, but we are separate and adrift with nothing but our ever-growing nightmares for company. We need those stones. Stannis found the one I’d been looking for and now he’s gone. He holds a potential key to our deliverance, and I doubt his intentions after our prior chat. Why is he always in the right place at the right time? At first I thought it was a hero’s intuition, but now I have my suspicions.”

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy, hey look -- a fetch quest!

IC: Administrator | Ruins of Air

"Are you sure that's wise," the Admin chimed in as Viltia approached the pedestal and withdrew her great disk. "All experiments with you air-breathers had a control group. Best to-"

Any words the Administrator spoke were lost on Viltia as her entire being became golden light...

She felt nothing.

Honestly, she was nothing.

Well, she was something: dead.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, stay tuned ;)

IC: Administrator | Elemental Ruins of Stone

"A temple has been activated," the Administrator said without prompting. It spoke loud enough for those throughout the temple to hear plainly. "A temple to the South has been activated."

OOC: anyone in the Elemental Ruins of Stone?

IC: Administrator | Elemental Ruins of Earth

"A temple has been activated," the Administrator said without prompting. It spoke loud enough for those throughout the temple to hear plainly. "A temple to the South has been activated."

OOC: anyone in the elemental ruins of Earth?

IC: Administrator | Elemental Ruins of Ice

OOC: anyone in the Elemental Ruins of Ice?

IC: Grime | Kumu Peninsula

“Okay so we ask questions to the door and the door thinks about it? And then if the door thought really hard about it we get let inside? I can work with that.” Grime fiddled with the keys of his squeezebox, squared up with the door, played a sustained C sharp on the instrument, and said over the droning note;

“What is this single note

That’s the same in all places

But changes depending on scales 

Printed on pages?”

ooc: @Gecko Greavesy, @Crimson Jester, @EmperorWhenua

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
Grime
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"Okay, so is finding Stannis our priority, or are there still more of the Stones to be found in there?" She asked, gesturing to the portal. "I've worn a few different hats and badges in my time, but tracking has never been my specialty." 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

“I was aware of one stone being hidden within two possible timelines within the Far Shore. Stannis found one. I do not have the data to conclusively determine if there is only one of something within the Far Shore. Rather, the data would indicate there’s nothing in there at all. It’s beyond our reality after all, how can it exist in the first place? If you are not a tracker, perhaps someone you know can assist in finding our fugitive. If only I had a few good vahki on my side,” Nuju said as he fell into contemplation.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

IC: Takadox | Spiriah’s Labyrinth

He coughed and choked a little on the blood in his mouth. Spitting, he felt a few teeth leave with the phlegm. He wiped mud from his face and let go of the mesi, satisfied they were dead.

“I hate you all,” Takadox said with a grimace, patting the dead warrior he’d straddled and stabbed. “I hope you have a horrible place where you go when you die. Here’s hoping what you had in the present stayed around for me. With my luck you’d be greedy enough to take your stuff with you.”

Takadox rummaged through what the two warriors had been carrying, his hands feeling more than his eyes saw: some weapons, armor too big for his body that he quickly threw aside, a couple kanoka disks, a few dirty scraps of fabric, and the dregs of something stale in a dried gourd flask. He held the gourd high, shaking it and tapping the outside to dislodge what was left before throwing the container further down the tunnel. 

“Guess I’ll just sit here,” he commented to no one in particular, knowing full well the shadows were watching. They were always watching. Lost and alone, he curled up against the side wall of the tunnel, hugging his new possessions for lack of a proper bag. 

It was a while before he stirred again.

“Is that, salt water?” Takadox asked, incredulous. He stumbled to his feet, the left having fallen asleep and giving him trouble as he struggled towards the scent. He could definitely smell it now: the ocean!

Or maybe he was just going in circles and was about to drown himself. Worth the risk, he figured...

Happy chat.

"He didn't happen to offer any clues as to where he's going?" She asked, "And what were those suspicions you spoke of?"

Even as she asked her questions, she found herself wondering if she perhaps did have the ability to track down the wayward Toa. More than once, the extent and strength of her psionic powers had taken her by surprise. She'd never really had cause to experiment with the range of her abilities, even less so with Wairuha boosting her powers... just how far could she push herself? 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

"Stannis the Wanderer offering clues as to where he goes? I've seen stars give clearer warnings than him. He gave no clue, just pocketed the makoki stone and left me sitting here like a chained fool," Nuju replied. He clicked his tongue a few times as he thought to himself. Then he said;

"Stannis said a few things about scholars and liars, and he made a few pointed attempts to suggest I knew something about him. I played along, figuring it would reveal more. I think he was implying that he knew what I knew, which is uncharacteristic because I don't know what I would know that he knew that I know, you know? Actually, do you know? I don't know. I don't like when I don't know what people think I know, because if I knew it then I'd know it and they'd know they didn't know what I knew. This makes my head hurt."

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Happy chat.

Her brow furrowed. Acting all-knowing fit what she remembered of the stoic Toa of Stone during her brief encounter with him in Dume's office. Was it just an act, or was there something more to it? It probably didn't matter, she decided. Unless there was another magical door somewhere that also required the Makoki Stones, Stannis was standing in the way of saving everyone, just as Sidra herself once had. 

"I'll see what I can find out," she promised. "But while I'm still here..." she looked around for a moment to make sure Vulimai, Ostrox, or Knichou weren't lurking anywhere nearby, before withdrawing the Krom Sphere from her belt pouch and holding it out for Nuju to see, "...I've heard you might know something about this." 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku (Bridge)

"Something isn't right. If it's not the equipment or an error, then it's something wrong with the island."

Was Zakaz sinking? This certainly wasn't a normal island, the Toa of Magnetism had figured as much during her time here, but this was especially baffling. Nale looked over her shoulder at Knichou. "You may want to take a look at this," she said. Then, to the pilot, "Berys, set us down there--before any more of Zakaz disappears."

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

Rose looked pleased until she realized her job was to clean up a mess, and not decommission the still-active Vahki on the bridge. She sighed and scooped up the remains of the other unit. "Yeah, yeah," was all she said in reply to NU's talk of free will. As if back in Metru Nui these machines ever respected the free will of the Matoran...these Squad Mother upgrades were a bad idea. The Ta-Toa veteran remembered how during the Silver Sea campaign Vahki units were used as cannon fodder more than anything.

She turned to Knichou. He seemed occupied. "Where am I supposed to take this? Trash compactor? Throw it out a window?"

@BULiK@Toru Nui

IC: Triage - Ko-Pou Shelter

"Right," the medic said to Klawne. "How exactly are we getting to the mainland, then. The portal to Kini?"

@Onaku@Snelly@Harvali@Toru Nui

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IE Temple of ???? + Door to Temple of ??? + Stannis | Kumu

6 hours ago, Gecko Greavesy said:

Very well,” [Whisper] replied, turning her attention back to the door. If it could be opened by a question, perhaps there was a reason to Stannis being even more obtuse than usual. Whisper would have no reason to ask the door a question if Stannis had already given her an answer. “Who built you?”

Upon Whisper's asking of the door, two symbols that hadn't indicated anything before glowed. One moment, Whisper was outside the temple, and the next she was inside the antechamber. On the inside of the door's threshold was a chamber, dark and warm like the insides of a living rahi's chest. A low, dim glow of red radiated from strange half-spheres that dotted the chamber like igneous cysts, glowing the way old coal chunks do as they gave off the final throes of light and heat before finally expiring to entropy. Whisper found herself floating at some indiscernible point inside, and her eyes could not seem to see the farthest reaches of the chamber. Sound seemed to vanish relatively quickly within, as though it got snared by some dampeners far before birthing echoes, and she could tell that the floor that felt wet with oil. Korruhn was off at some other point in the vast chamber. The only other thing she could sense was a monolithic presence ... no, an absence on a far end that stood five times taller than it was wide, and it beckoned to him like a well of gravity pulling satellites around it.

An answer expressed itself in her mind, a note left by the door.

"Who Built You?"
a poem.

To say I'm 'made of 
dreams' is not quite right, but hands
that Build put me here.

I'm a door, nothing
more, a welcome mat on the path to
see the Dream.

4 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

“Okay so we ask questions to the door and the door thinks about it? And then if the door thought really hard about it we get let inside? I can work with that.” Grime fiddled with the keys of his squeezebox, squared up with the door, played a sustained C sharp on the instrument, and said over the droning note;

“What is this single note
That’s the same in all places
But changes depending on scales 
Printed on pages?”

Another pair of sigils came to life on the door, and in response Grime was whisked away as well. He appeared in a different place in the antechamber, different still from the others, and a poem came into his mind as well, planted by the strange portal's power.

"Sing me a song, you're the doorman"
a poem.

See me? Hark! Sing a
see-saw synth, skylark! Sync up!
Syncopate—in C sharp!

I'm a door, not
a Post-It, but I tell you what!
I'll flip a Quarter.

After Grime passed through, Stannis spied around the darkness of the labyrinthine city of temples. Seeing nothing that stood out to him as a reason for concern, he turned to face the portal's runes and asked his question, in turn. "I have journeyed a long time to come to this place. It's not a pilgrimage, mind you—it's something more. I hope what I need is inside, for if it is not... the world will be cursed to be the same again. Praytell, good door, what is your name?"

"Say my name"
a poem.

My maker was not
the most creative; what's this grey door's 
name except... 'Doorian?'

18 hours ago, Crimson Jester said:

The Void-Toa looked around, as though to look to see if anyone had seen him attempt to stabilize himself against nothing, he deactivated his power. The recent months and it's events had certainly served to make Korruhn paranoid, and the strange, seemingly organic nature of this temple did not help to set his mind at ease, nor did the fact that Grime was out there, no longer under Korruhn's watch.

Korruhn shifted his focus back to the room; for as much as he was a Toa, he was also a Cartographer, and he would get out of here much faster if he devoted his attention to the mindset of his former career. He looked around the room again, noting the few features that spoke to him through the darkness. This certainly didn't seem to be a temple of records, nor was it quite a tomb. Korruhn couldn't place it, but it almost felt more like a home, or a prison? And then, he noted the nature of the pulling force that seemed to permeate every cell of his being in this room.

There, in the darkness, beyond the reaches of Korruhn's vision at the far end of the room. It could not be seen, could not be heard; could not be felt. And yet, it was unmistakably there, and it called to Korruhn in a way he could not explain. He took a few steps toward the veil of darkness.

"What being calls to me beyond the pale?" Korruhn asked into the shadow. He looked at this void-touched arm. He figured he'd try speaking first, before moving on to poking and prodding, lest he have a repeat of the Ko-Metru Hideaway, all that time ago.

No voice called back out to him, at least not immediately. The monolithic presence simply stood abjectly, looming ever bigger yet no more threatening than before; it was, it seemed, simply a monolith. Upon some closer inspection on the block of inky stone that rose up high he could just barely discern inscriptions of faith and destruction. In it, people could be seen praying to a god of some kind, and all manner of things were seen being sacrificed on overturned bowls to the god's honor. Blood splatters were all over the base of the monument like red lichen, percolating up the flat sides of the monolith in a bizarre gory camouflage pattern such that it was hard to tell where the floor ended and the monolith rose up from the floor.

Just then, the companions appeared in dull flashes of red like flares bursting to flame and then instantly being smothered. First one, then another in quick order, and finally a third after a few seconds of pause, each at different places in the vast chamber. Their footsteps were barely audible thumps, their words garbled gibberish muffled by the air, and a palatable electric sense of tension rose around them all. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

IC: Knichou & Taku Crew, Zakaz Airspace, The Taku

"Dump it in the cargo bay or something, we might need the spare parts," Knichou responded with a hand wave as he turned around at Nale's beckoning. The Nynran had had enough of this. He walked up to the captain's side, catching himself up on the situation. He had overheard much from the other side of the bridge but he didn't quite understand until he saw out the viewport himself. The mysterious landmass grew ever closer as the Taku continued to cruise at half speed. 

"Huh..." Knichou crossed his arms, musing aloud. "I wonder if they evacuated beforehand, or if the riteborn struck them first..."

Subconsciously, he was glad to have a problem to solve that seemed solvable. Well, as solvable as 'inexplicable rapid sinking of the island' was. There was a sinking feeling in his internals as the scope of what this might imply or effect grew substantially.

"Weren't Okuo and Triage supposed to be returning earlier today? Maybe something happened. Give them a hail, Berys."

Berys adjusted the radio to Ko-Pou's frequency. He knew that some activity had gone on over that open channel recently, but the pilot had much more on his hands - such as eavesdropping on Knichou's crackpot theory and keeping this accursed ship in the air -  that preoccupied him from monitoring the radio earlier. Hopefully whoever was on that frequency still was.

"Ko-Pou, this is Taku, do you read us? Over."

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Okuo - Ko-Pou Radio Shack

"Wh- Ehlek? On the Aque Sphere?? Seeking Matoran test subjects???" The panic rose in Okuo's tone with each sentence as he took all of this in and processed it. A moment later, a familiar voice chimed in on the frequency from the Taku, distracting him momentarily from the dreadful revelation. "Ko-Pou here, yes, we read you Taku. Over."

@BULiK@Toru Nui@Gecko Greavesy

• Like 3

IC: Knichou, Zakaz Airspace, The Taku

"Ko-Pou, this is Taku Actual, we're on approach," Knichou broadcasted, activating the radio himself. "What's the status of the outpost? Are we safe to land? Over."

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Zakaz Airspace, The Taku

"That... might be a problem. We'll update you when we arrive. Taku, over and out," Knichou finished. One of his crossed arms rotated upwards so his hand could caress his chin; the commander was clearly deep in thought.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | Mi-Kiri

They snuck past the guards as best they could, Sorilax trying his best to maintain a solid connection to the rahkshi through which he thrust his powers. It seemed to work. At least, the eminent scholar of plants and rahi seemed to believe so. The vahki according to Ollem and Mahrika were lifeless constructs, and thus would be expected to be hollow and untouched with a spark of something Sorilax sensed like the sound of a buzzing fly. These vahki were different. The droning of their souls nearly broke his concentration: they were the same, but different. It was as if one soul were split between two bodies. Sorilax could feel the agony of the trauma beginning to creep into him.

“If you don’t report it I’ll have to report it,” stated one of the vahki abrasively. Mahrika heard the machine speaking clear as daylight. It pointed towards the origin of the earlier sound. The other vahki shook its head.

“You can report all you want, but I want nothing to do with him. The less we’re around him the safer we are,” the other said in response. It had painted a few of its rib plates red and blue, and Mahrika’s keen sight noticed the matoran symbol for one painted on the top of the mask it wore as a necklace. 

“Speak for yourself, I want to leave. I’ve done nothing with my life so far. I want to go on an adventure!”

“No you don’t. Adventures are dangerous and cause nothing but trouble.”

“Easy for you to say, you’ve never had an adventure either,” said the first vahki that spoke. It clacked the disk-mandibles around its mouth and shrugged. “But you’re the boss, so I guess I have to listen to you.” 

The other vahki nodded in agreement, letting its gaze drift away from its companion. By then, Sorilax and Mahrika were between them and scooching slowly past. It paused and stared at the air where Sorilax and Mahrika were, but didn’t process their presence. 

“That’s right, you have to listen to me,” said the vahki that was apparently the boss of the other; “and since I’m the oldest and understand things better you should -- hey, wait! Get back here! How dare you leave your post! TAKUAAAAA!”

The first vahki had run off with a whoop and a holler, traipsing away as their little blue pakari jangled against their body. The older vahki sighed, but did not follow.

Mahrika and Sorilax made it safely to the lift. Squeezing through the doorway they found a small lip of steel to stand on, and a very long drop below.

OOC: good thinking! Checkpoint reached :P @Harvali@Kal the GuardianNow do you jump or do something else?

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui

"Yes," said Nuju as he beheld what Sidra showed him. "Yes I do know what this is. You should put it away and never show another, except in the most dire of circumstances. This is what Pridak planned to use to win the war. What does it mean to you?"

@Gecko Greavesy

IC: Grime | Who knows anyway, probably something ate him

"Um, hello," said Grime as he stood in this strange space and took in his surroundings. "Korruhn? Stannis? Whisper? Anybody?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua, @Crimson Jester, @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 3

Happy chat.

"Evacuate? Does he think the Taku can help? We have a hole in us."

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

Rose shrugged. She supposed it didn't really matter where the junk went, just as long as it was out of the way for now. The Ta-Toa turned and walked past the other, still-intact Vahki towards the cargo bay, seemingly avoiding looking at it.

@BULiK@Toru Nui

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"Our village was attacked by a massive Untethered, about a month ago. After we burned away its remains, this was left behind," she said, returning the sphere to its pouch. "It's never really done anything in all that time, I didn't even realise it was important until that Ostrox guy started talking about the League having some plan for it... so what is it? What does it do?"

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC Drokk - Water Suva:

The Iron Matron harrumphed. This was useless. Turning a stone ball in the water was quickly proving to be a waste of time, and it seemed there were no clues on the walls to guide her.

...in the water...?

The guardian of this place had been one of water, and the water was quite deep.

On a whim, she took a breath and submerged herself, peering around the dark waters, holding her bit of glowing moss out to help light the darkness.

• Like 2

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

Even they couldn’t help but feel the sudden gut wrenching effect of gravity being suddenly shifted to such an intense degree as their downwards inertia flipped upwards upon them. With rising bile in their throat, Taua just managed to keep it down as they worked to reorientate themselves, looking back down towards their awaiting foe, who they expected to meet upon a more level playing field. Instead, they saw them rooted, guarded by a cage of branches whose interlocking supports just managed to keep them from collapsing under their own weight and be sent skywards. It was frustrating for a moment, and then exhilarating the next.

This was it, this was the moment they sought, to deliver their killing blow. They just needed to execute it, to execute this beast, once and for all, to prove themselves the mightiest upon Zakaz.

Suspended over fifty feet up and climbing, Taua warped the gravity around themselves to permit them to fall once more while continuing to pull at Marrow, with the pull starting to decrease at a steady rate. Now falling once more and heading right for the jagged canopy, they raised their greatshield, with the maw opening as a wave of frost and cold bellowed out, freezing the topmost branches and weakening the ones beneath and around it. But that wasn’t enough, they couldn’t risk losing a single moment from these branches halting their descent, watching as the plants quickly started to grow past the frostbitten limbs.

Wielding their maulaxe in their other hand, they rammed the head of it against the back of their greatshield, briefly but greatly increasing the immense slab of protosteel’s weight as it was launched forwards at immense speed, crashing and tearing a hole and a path into the canopy. But the greatshield did not go all the way, as its momentum was quickly lost, it being subsumed in the canopy.

Falling into the canopy, they were able to freefall for a third of the way through before the branches once more attempted to claim hold of them, with them quickly losing grip upon their maulaxe as they attempted to fend off the brown tide. 

They couldn’t let themselves be caught now though, they couldn’t let themselves be stopped. Quickly thinking, Taua preemptively gritted their teeth for the strain they were about to feel as they released the upward pull, with another one forming, as gravitonic force enshrouded the Kaita and pulled them downwards with the momentum of a bullet. But it still wasn’t enough. Thrusting their three arms forwards in a diver-like manner, silver shone across the limbs as they thrummed with energy, slicing through the branches like a sword plunging down into flesh. Upon each impact, minute waves shot across the Kaita’s body that caused the already existing fractures to only grow, with a sickening sound of cracks coming from the right side of Taua’s form in particular.

With their teeth grinding together, they were just able to keep themselves from roaring out the pain as they felt their bones break from the impacts, their flesh slashed by the branches, their mind strained from the effort. One by one, their eyes grew bloodshot, with the purple pair growing completely silver from the strain, with more of the silver fluid pouring through their teeth and down their chin. It was so much that the voice of Miserix was drowned out as they didn’t know how much longer they could endure.

And then, they broke through. They broke through the canopy and were able to lay their strained gaze upon the great beast, their foe, their victory. They had started their descent being over fifty feet in height, and now they were just over their original size but it did not matter.

Their twin mouths grew into fierce grins, the teeth stained silver as more of their life blood leaked through. With roaring laughter, they brought it down upon Marrow, they brought all of it down. The weight of the entire world.

The average protoderm was a hearty thing, much stronger than a weak, pathetic purely flesh and blood being. Something like that could only handle nine times base gravity, but a protoderm, they were strong enough to take nearly double that and a gravity-aligned protoderm could take three times that. But Taua, they were far behind that limit, and thus, they brought a force down upon the Tahtorak that would make even Drukarus collapsed to their knees; to make them strain against the air in their lungs, the blood in their veins, the flesh of their body, enough to break even them. And to a Tahtorak of such size and weight, Taua was to find out how much was needed to break that.

They are Taua, Skakdi Kaita of Conflict. They are the bringer of battle, the purveyor of war, the harbinger of struggle. And they? They are the strongest being upon Zakaz, as they and they alone could hold up the weight of the world, and send it all crashing down upon any who deserved such power.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian @NorikSigma @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

IC: Marrow – The Wastes

Marrow could sense his beautiful branches breaking apart as the Skakdi battered through them, savagely shredding the gorgeous greenery he’d summoned. The feeling of life being lost made him mad. Madder than he’d already been. Mad beyond what his meagre mind could find words for. 

He understood why he hated them now.

Monster though he was, Marrow’s power was creation.

But all this Skakdi seemed to know how to do was destroy.

Marrow felt the unnatural upward pull decrease, then cease entirely, and released his grip on the trees at his side. The branches that had bound him in place were unmade in an instant, the energy that had created them absorbed back into his form as swiftly as it had been given. He dropped the brief distance back to solid earth, and landed just in time to see the miniscule silvery figure of the Skakdi crash through the canopy above his face.

He jerked his head away and stumbled back, the silvery sharpness carving a bloody furrow down the side of his snout and part of his chest, shredding his scales, tearing out a few of his teeth, and snapping off his spikes and spines as it passed. Marrow roared in agony and rage, flailing as an explosive spray of bone, ichor, and keratin fell from his form.  

He swiped wildly with his left hand towards the falling figure, terrific talons splayed wide in the hopes of striking the Skakdi from the side and slicing it apart in midair.

@Sparticus147

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi paused inside the forge, his an joys fingers tapping his many broken masks. Okay, okay. He … he had never forged a disk of remove poison before, it … its purpose was to restore a person to their previous state, right? Flush the poison from them? So … would it be like a disk of Regeneration?

As he stood there thinking there was a tap on the door, and Sucordak came in. “I am guessing you heard about the refugees being poisoned?” The Matoran of Plasma said as he hurried in, before beginning to fire up the forge, “I need Protodermis, we will have a lot of disks to forge.

The cross-wired Fe-Matoran nodded, a task he could do. He hurried to gather the ore and asked, “will … is the process similar to making Regeneration disks?

Something like it.” In the style Sucordak and Kanohi knew, Disks were hammered into shape, beaten and molded while they were hot from the forge. Regeneration disks and disks of Weakening were made with similar strikes, but kind of the reverse of each other.

For Regeneration the Protodermis was hammered along the nature lines in the metal, forming a very stable shape. Weakening cut through the lines, creating a disk that was inherently a bit unstable. These properties were reflected in their effect on objects.

But Remove Poison was a bit harder. They would have to forge it far longer, alternating between following and cutting against the natural lines. It could be done, but it would not be easy. 

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran had so much to say to Sorilax. Those Vahki, they were … they seemed almost Matoran. They had names, personalities, opinions. This was … this must be what the Aspect sought, it had to be? At the same time, that fear they felt towards their leader, there was much here she did not understand, but she…

Her mind went back to the Skakdi floating in the ruins of the Rig, their bodies dented and deformed by the rain, fluids oozing from their wounds. Their rotten rusting bodies just floating aimlessly in the water. She … it was horrible. And these Vahki, she felt for them too.

For now though, she said little, as far as she knew her words would be muted by Sorilax’s power, and it was not as if there was much she could write with on his back. 

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

IC Kardaka - Ko-Pou

The Turaga of Stone paused, “There is a portal to Kini-Koro?” She had not remembered portals being a thing on Zakaz, had she merely forgotten it in her isolation? But it should make evacuating much easier at the least. 

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

IC Minions Avka and The Big Bruiser - The Ruins of Stone

The Steltian Bruiser suddenly bent over, saying, “I will carry the child, you return to guard the ruins.” Avka was so relieved to not have to touch the Skakdi they forgot to feel anger at a mere Steltian giving them orders. They dropped the infant in the Big Bruiser’s hands, before sprinting back to the ruins. In the meantime the rest continued on.

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Bronk (Kini-Nui Temple, Amaja Circle)

Bronk had sat there and kept an eye on the circle, not entirely sure what more he could do, though it seemed that whatever Toa Stannis did worked, albeit brought back the torrential rains that pelted the village. Bronk had attempted to place the onyx stone back onto the sands while the diamond one was there, but it seemed to have no effect. Beyond that, the quartermaster and sergeant dared not mess with the stones further and only sought to make sure the diamond one stayed in place.

That was when he heard chatter from behind himself. Turning his head around, he noticed a green clad figure which he could not recall interacting with before speaking with Nuju, and not able to help himself, listened in onto their very serious and revealing conversation. He continued to listen in till another voice roused his attention, almost startling the Onu-Matoran as they looked up towards a Toa of Earth whomst they also didn't recognize.

"Excuse me, are you Sergeant Bronk? I'm here to let you know that the village of Kini-Koro is being evacuated."

Bronk looked up towards the Toa, nodding his head in affirmation to the mention of his name before briefly looking towards Nuju and the other figure as he replied in a quiet whisper. "I understand thet Toa, but whether intentional or not, them two are speakin' bout sum very important matters thet would be more than important tuh share with thuh Commander once I meet with her again."

OOC: @Onaku @Gecko Greavesy @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

"Um, hello," said Grime as he stood in this strange space and took in his surroundings. "Korruhn? Stannis? Whisper? Anybody?"

IC Stannis | Temple, Kumu

"I am here, Grime," the Wanderer's bellowed, but despite the force in his voice there was no booming echo or reverberation within the chamber. Instantly, a chill sunk down his spine as he recalled the vivid experiences he had in the Far Shore and the battle fought in the bowels of his counterpart's fortress there. The floor was damp and soft to the foot, and while it was not mycelium like before but instead a carpet of mottled red and black it still produced the same effect. The similarities were all too poignant to ignore as this temple, too, was a fortress owned by another Aspect of Makuta--and, if the runes and histories were any indication, had indeed once very nearly achieved godhood in its own right. The scars from Great Spirit Caedast's duel were still fresh on his flesh, as were the lessons learned, and so Stannis trod carefully. 

"Meet at the obelisk!" he helpfully ordered to the others, unwittingly drawn subconsciously towards it and pulling the others along as well without realizing Korruhn was already there.

@Gecko Greavesy @Crimson Jester

• Like 2

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

"You can both believe me or not," Parnassus said, stalking over to one of the empty seats in the ship. "Whether or not Stannis was responsible, the fact remains that the Zivon roams free, and the best chance we have of stopping it is in Kumu, with my kin. Your decision to come with me, as ever, your own."

OOC: @Toru Nui @EmperorWhenua

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Whisper - Kumu Temple

She turned in a slow circle, steadily taking in her surroundings as she tried to make sense of them. Stannis' voice stirred her from her musings, and she followed as he'd directed, drifting towards the obelisk where Korruhn already awaited.

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Aqua Sphere, Giant Cables, Inside the Tower

With - Mahrika

Sorilax nearly lost his concentration as he stepped past the two chattering Vahki. Whether it was a deepened attunement to the force behind Taboos or his brief usage of his Life Kraata unique variant, suddenly he was able to sense the singular soul of the two Vahki broken in twain. In that moment, not only did he feel the underlying agony of the soul, but so too did Mahrika’s soul suddenly jump into his recognition. There was another soul bound to hers as well, no doubt her Kraata.

Thankfully the range of his new sense was extremely limited and stepping past the two Vahki allowed the agony to drop from his mind and for him to continue concentrating on his Light bending technique.

But his suspicions were now confirmed. This was a twisted form of soul binding, not at all the creation of true life. So his search continued on for the real thing, not this horrible mockery.

Sorilax wasted no time once reaching the gaping hole in the floor. The cables went down and so too must they. He stepped off and let himself fall for two seconds. Then a hardlight platform blossomed from his invisible feet, all but stopping their descent. The edges of it were a pure white light, vibrant when looked at but not casting off much light so as to illuminate anything. The rest of it was almost as clear as crystal and very easy to see through. It expanded to fill the area of the downwards shaft, giving away that something was afoot were anyone to look, but it did not directly give away their exact position.

Of course creating a hardlight construct was easy for Sorilax, so much so that he often did it as second nature and without much thought. And he even had practice in using his Light bending technique while having hardlight constructs set up. But having one holding his weight and then also moving while floating was a different matter entirely. This required more elemental energy and actual concentration, no matter how small. So he was forced to stop pulling the sound from the Ga-Matoran so he could continue lowering them and keeping them invisible at the same time, hoping that she would remain quiet while they descended.

And he really hoped she could see more than he could right now. Things were fairly dark and he was suddenly very focused.

OOC: @Harvali @Eyru @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro Airspace, The Ambling Alp, The Bridge) - Up and Down on This Merry-Go-Round

"Go to Kumu? I had no idea that’s where we need to go, it’s not as if I said we should go there not five minutes ago-" Ostrox rubbed his face and stretched his lower eyelids. "Uuurgh." He let go and let the flesh around his eyes return to its proper place.

"Ultimately, however, we’re not the ones you need to convince. Your friend is a living statue and I’m your hostage, remember? The red one currently controls the airship." A talon-like finger was pointed towards Oreius. "But I think he already knows..."

@Eyru@Void Emissary@EmperorWhenua

IC: NU-8020S (Ko-Pou Airspace, The Taku, The Bridge) - Still Alive

"Correct. A counterpoint, however - you are not dead, the Taku is still airborne, thus the damage is insignificant." And that wasn’t all that was insignificant, but didn’t need to be spelled out. Despite everything, NU-8020S wanted to help these people, if only to prove she was better than all of them. "The only danger is that evacuated persons may fall out of the hole due to lack of organic self-preservation protocols. It shall have to be designated as unsafe."

@Tarn@BULiK

IC: Enra, Obedient and Impressionable (Tobduk-Koro, Radio Tower) - Ygolohcysp Esrever

So, not only had the Aqua Sphere been taken over - somehow - by this Barraki Ehlek bloke she had heard so much about, now the Taku was at Ko-Pou instead of Kini-Koro. Which, logically, meant that the whole Tahtorak situation was resolved there - at least for now. Oh, and also she wanted to punch this 'Xaril' through the radio.

But if Xaril was part of the League, and Ehlek was apparently hot stuff in the League, then why would Xaril tell them what Ehlek was up to? Classic power-struggle, or something else? If he had intended to dissuade Enra from wanting to see what was up with the Sphere, well, he had accomplished the exact opposite.

The Vahki had been listening as well. "Ehlek cannot experiment on Matoran, that is illegal. It is only legal to experiment on Rahi. And prisoners of war. And Zyglak. And-"

"We are meant to be at peace with the League. Live Matoran experimentation is a flagrant violation of that peace. Of course, you realize, this means war."

"Whoa, whoawhoawhoa, nobody’s declaring war yet!" Enra said, turning off the mic. "Keep your, uh, hydraulics on... what was that about experiment-"

"The Akiri must be informed immediately. I will leave in search of him." Obedient left the radio tower to do just that. Leaving Impressionable all alone with the strange organic and her... question.

"Well? Come on then, what was that about experimenting on prisoners?"

He wished Obedient hadn’t left him. He wished he could speak to his Squad Mother, but she was still in Kini-Koro, probably crushed beneath the heel of a Tahtorak. He could try using the radio, but it wasn’t as if she would be anywhere near Ko-Pou, or aboard the Taku...

IC: Gnabol and Lawful (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone, Exterior) - MEDIC!

"Right... OK. The others and I are all in need of medical attention. Or at least a shower. Not the children, I made sure none of them came in contact with-" Gnabol began coughing and wheezing heavily. "With that cursed, green... aaargh..."

"Allow me to escort you to-"

"No. You need to get medical supplies to these ruins. Prioritize everyone else over me."

Not trusting himself to make decisions, Lawful decided to listen to Gnabol - even though his programming dictated that Zyglak were an omega-level priority in all non-combat scenarios. He headed to the village hospital...

Gritting his teeth, Gnabol began cursing himself inside his head for just leaving Padley in Kini-Koro to die. But the rational side of him knew that he had no choice, the portal wasn’t big enough for him to fit through. The poor thing was probably suffering immensely right now... after all, Gnabol was. He felt as if he was about to regurgitate his entire intestinal tract. He was really regretting the loss of the protodermis-eating virus right about now. It might have found the poison palatable.

@Harvali

IC: Klawne (Ko-Pou Shelter) - Thinking With Portals

"They’re a new addition. We should check in with Kini-Koro over the radio first, though. Hasn’t Okuo gone to the radio shack?"

@Vezok's Friend@Harvali@Tarn@Snelly

IC: Reckless and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro, Forge of Vakama) - Melting Point

"What do you require of us, Akiri?" Asked Reckless. "This facility contains the necessary means to melt me down into raw materials if needed-"

"NO."

"But perhaps-"

"NO!"

@Harvali

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 3

On 5/11/2021 at 11:18 PM, Tarn said:

"Evacuate? Does he think the Taku can help? We have a hole in us."

5 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: NU-8020S (Ko-Pou Airspace, The Taku, The Bridge) - Still Alive

"Correct. A counterpoint, however - you are not dead, the Taku is still airborne, thus the damage is insignificant." And that wasn’t all that was insignificant, but didn’t need to be spelled out. Despite everything, NU-8020S wanted to help these people, if only to prove she was better than all of them. "The only danger is that evacuated persons may fall out of the hole due to lack of organic self-preservation protocols. It shall have to be designated as unsafe."

IC: Knichou, Ko-Pou Airspace, The Taku, Bridge

"He thinks the Taku can help because we can and will help," Knichou corrected, raising an index finger in the air. "It's just... the help may be delayed a bit. I don't want them teleporting into the jaws of whatever the Karz is in Kini-Nui right now, but I don't want to lie about the complications. It'll take time to get things repaired, which, luckily and unluckily, is time that we'll have since we're almost late for a meeting and loading up everything useful from the outpost isn't going to trivial either."

OOC: Landing post soon™

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

OOC: Music, should you like it.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Mi-Kiri

They descended in peace. Sorilax’s quick thinking proved the better of gravity to the detriment of the soft shuffling of their feet echoing uncomfortably loud down the open descent compared to the silence of previous travel.

Suddenly they felt as if their bodies fell through the ice of a frozen lake, an audible electric pop filled the air, and Sorilax’s powers fizzled out. They fell about fifty feet until they hit the bottom with a crash, nearly knocking Mahrika’s mask off.

“Well, well, well. Nice of you to drop in,” said the Admin, his voice echoing all around. “I thought you two might meet eventually. A shame really, letting Kas go. He was so useful in captivity.”

The space they stood in was the bottom of an elevator. The blasted remains of doors littered the floor and the space beyond. Stepping through the opening, Sorilax and Mahrika found themselves in a strange pentagonal room. The walls were full of some sort of computing system, flickering lights blinking and winking while the hidden machinery hummed intensely. Sound bounced harshly off the stone of the room. Thick bundles of cables plugged into walls, twisting across the floor like the thick tree roots of the Fau Swamp Sorilax called home. 

“Now, there are some rules,” The Admin continued; “I really wouldn’t try breaking me. You have no idea how many things would crumble to dust. I’ve tried to be fair with you creatures, you filthy little matoran of the land, I really have, but now my patience has reached its end. Look with your eyes, but don’t touch or you might just delete your measly little culture. It would be such a waste to have to kill you now.”

The room had doorways on the far left and right walls. The two open doorways teased a further pentagonal room beyond each, floors free of cables. The matoran and the aspect-possesed rahkshi could pass freely through the doorways without harm, moving between all three rooms as they wished. However, no matter how hard Sorilax tried, the powers of his elements would not cooperate. Somehow they were being dampened.

A white floor peaked out from beneath the cables twisting atop it in the center room. In one wall a kanohi could be placed into a copper lined recessed space. Placing a mask in the recessed wall caused an electric spark and immediately closed both doors leading to the other rooms with some sort of rippling repulsive energy barrier. It flickered with rainbow light, and no physical objects passed through it. Removing the kanohi opened the doors. The center room also contained a series of three glittering pendant lights. From left to right the pendant lights were ruby red, opal white, and amber yellow. Placing a mask in the recessed space that closed both doors made the opal white pendant light glow with a soft yellow warmth. 

A red floor awaited them in the left room, the walls similarly covered in humming computers. In one wall a kanohi could be placed into a copper lined recessed space. Placing a mask in the recessed wall caused an electric spark and filled the doorway with the rainbow light barrier to the room. The ruby pendant light lit with a soft glow. Removing the kanohi opened the door.

The right room’s floor was yellow, and in one wall a kanohi could be placed into a copper lined recessed space. Placing a mask in the recessed wall caused an electric spark and filled the doorway with the rainbow light barrier to the room. The amber pendant light lit with a soft glow. Removing the kanohi opened the door.

“Good luck finding what you’re after, air breathers.”

OOC: @Harvali, @Kal the Guardian, welcome to the Mi-Kiri puzzle room!! This is a difficult puzzle (3-4/5) and will take some collaboration to accomplish. You should have every clue you need in this post to solve it. If you have questions, please feel free to post them in the OOC topic where a GM (probably me) can answer them as quickly as we can. Let the puzzle begin!!

edit: there was a typo in the puzzle. PMing the puzzlers.l
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi shook his head frantically, hands shaking as well, “No … no, w-we aren’t going to hurt more people. There are t-too few people left already.” He paused and said, “it might be good to have a few hands to help forge the disks though. And if I have to leave because of news, Sucordak would need help. And more of us in Tobduk should know how to forge. Sucordak, would it be alright if they helped us forging the disks?

You are the Akiri, not me.

The Councilor winced, but nodded. Right, it was his duty. “Okay. If either of you would be interested in helping, we will need to get the heat of the forge up and running, keeping the heat constant while we melt the ore. I … I will fetch the ore.

Start with low quality ore, we will need to make many disks, we can afford to start with a few low level ones.

The Fe-Matoran bowed and began to gather the Protodermis ore, his telescopic lens probing the ore to try to identify which they could spare in experimentation. 

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

Thump. The Desecrated Ga-Matoran staggered, dazed from the fall. She shakily stood up, and spoke, “I … those Vahki seemed almost alive, the way they spoke, their personalities and opinions, I … but you recoiled. Why, Sorilax? Are they not alive? Or … was something wrong with them?

It was odd for a Trickster devoted to life to recoil, but she did not know what made the Vahki so close to alive. For all she knew, the living had been sacrificed to bring them to life. It might explain the masks some of them carried.

Speaking of masks, Mahrika shakily pulled out the Noble Mask of Concealment she carried. “I do have this spare mask, for the puzzle. I … can my whole people actually be deleted if we mess this up?“ She shuddered, when a thought brushing against her. She could adapt to many things if given enough time. If she took off her own mask, could she adapt to survive without it?

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

IC Kardaka - Ko-Pou

The Turaga of Stone nodded, it was recent. That … must have been the technology of the Ark. she answered, “Okuo sent me back to alert you we will need to evacuate, he continued on to the radio.

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Grime | Temple, Kumu

"The obelisk," Grime shouted back. "What do you mean the - oh."

Without much thought Grime's feet found their way to the obelisk of which Stannis spoke. He saw Korruhn already present and gave a nervous little wave. "So. Now what? Do we hit it? Or are we supposed to ask it a question too?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua, @Gecko Greavesy, @Crimson Jester

"Those are two great questions. I don't know what it is. It's a substance I've never been able to analyze. If I had a lab of trained Ga-Matoran researchers and some funding I'm sure we could discover what it is. However, I think I have at least one idea for what it does. During the assault, this was to be used as a means of trapping and controlling a Great Spirit. Barraki Pridak thought this was possible. Why and how he never explained, much to the frustration of Nidhiki. I have no doubt that mockery of a toa would have fled with this the instant he learned the secrets of such power. Unfortunately, I died before witnessing what happened. I remember a throne, a dais, a titan of metal and bone, and pain. So much pain. Perhaps you should take it down there."

Nuju pointed a finger towards the Suva-Kaita, and gestured downwards. "Something lurks in the darkness below. Sorilax knows the way."

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy, and sneaky Bronk too ( @Sparticus147)

IC: Reliable Narrator | Elemental Temple of Air

It.

She.

Viltia.

Viltia’s feet rested on white water, like frosted glass. Something dark reflected below her. It stood as she stood, and moved as --

She could move. She could step and shift and laugh. Why was she? Where was she? Was this death?

It couldn’t be death.

Could it?

The stars were so bright. They dazzled her. Each star was a world of possibility, countless solar systems begging to share their history, their hopes, their fears. Would she love them? Did they matter?

Were they beautiful even though they were broken?

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, what does Viltia try to do? Please use her non-NUVA profile for this interaction.

Added Viltia
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

"Right," Nale said in response to Knichou's correction and NU's honest assessment, letting out a long sigh. "Just...a lot happening."

The Fa-Toa rested her head in her hands. A meeting, repairs, now this. "Didn't come here expecting a rescue mission, but that's the Taku. Always something new on the table."

@BULiK@Toru Nui

IC: Triage - Ko-Pou Shelter

"Yes. Maybe someone should go check on him," Triage said. "Make sure more of Ko-Pou hasn't disappeared and taken anyone with it."

The medic realized his crew radio had been broadcasting whatever signals came through, including what Okuo had just sent out and what had come in. Bits and pieces of the conversations could be heard by anyone nearby, including something about Ehlek. One of the former League, Triage thought. Weren't they all gone by now?

Triage moved past the pair of Turaga, giving a quick look back to Toa Vashni and Iradra, as if he wanted to say something. But instead, without another word, he exited the outpost into the cold and made his way to the radio shack to check on his friend. "Okuo? Anyone coming to aid the newly-stranded?"

@Onaku@Snelly@Harvali@Toru Nui

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Xaril - Relic Fields

Xaril chuckled to himself as the conversations over the airwaves continued, reveling in the panic and confusion his words had wrought. How this spineless rabble had stood against the League for so long was truly a mystery to him. Finally, a dim voice that sounded vaguely like a Vahki started to say something about war, before whoever was operating the radio at that end cut the mic. 

Xaril leaned back in his chair, raising his legs to rest them atop a crate in front of him. Until one of these twits had the good sense to question him directly, he was content to continue listening to the chaos. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"They tried... to use it during the assault?" Sidra stammered, her breath catching in her throat. The League had tried to use a weapon capable of trapping a Great Spirit, and then Mata Nui's head had fallen off and crashed into the Time Between Time, and Mata Nui had ended up with the Sphere. It had to be connected. There was no way it couldn't be.

It hadn't been Dume's Machine that had destroyed the universe. It hadn't been Tuyet. It hadn't been Sidra. 

I didn't do it. She felt like a great weight had finally fallen from her shoulders, one she'd been carrying for so long that it had started to feel like a part of her. It wasn't me. It was never me. But she still had plenty of mistakes to make up for.  

"Thank you," she said to Nuju, earnestly smiling for what felt like the first time in forever, "I'll check in with Sorilax when I see him next. In the meantime, I'll look for Stannis... unless one of our eavesdroppers has a problem with that?" She snapped, turning towards the two curious minds she could sense on her periphery. 

@Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Onaku

• Like 5

IC: Forgemaster Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Death

Nothing.

There was nothing.

She was nothing.

She was Viltia.

She stood on a vast expanse of crisp white water, perfectly still. Something dark reflected below her, but her attention was drawn elsewhere. Reflected on the water like an inverse picture, Viltia looked up from the reflection to view the splendor and majesty of the stars that hung like drops of gold above her, perfectly heated and ready to mold.

They were so bright they blinded her, yet she was able to see them with complete clarity, to understand them. To hear their stories. And that was all that mattered.

Was this death? If it was, Viltia wasn’t sure if she ever wanted to leave.

Don’t you love the stars?

Their broken beauty is perfectly imperfect.

She knew Matoran that had spent their lives staring at the stars and wondering if their motions meant anything.

That’s so silly. Each one was a story painted in the sky. Every one an experience that mattered.

Viltia wasn’t sure how long she stood there. Time either stood still or moved so fast as to appear motionless. Were her friends even going to remember her after so long? It was hard to remember how fast time ever went.

But the stars, they were broken. The galaxies, they floated in the vast expanse of space in spiraling orbits, ever so slightly off course. Their long histories, rich hopes, and deepest fears called to her, begging to be heard, to be healed.

She could fix things. She had just spent so long learning how.

She may be a little rusty at first.

But she would get the hang of it.

Yes.

Yes, she didn’t need anyone’s help.

Thank you, Mata-Nui.

She could do this.

Goodbye.

Her tethers started to extend from her body.

Hello.

Their silvery glow pulsed with the twinkling of the stars.

Goodbye.

New cracks formed along her body, metal groaning as it warped.

Hello.

Even more tethers burst forth from her, each one reaching for another star.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

Will post Sorilax later.

• Like 3

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

On 5/12/2021 at 4:33 PM, Gecko Greavesy said:

[Whisper] turned in a slow circle, steadily taking in her surroundings as she tried to make sense of them. Stannis' voice stirred her from her musings, and she followed as he'd directed, drifting towards the obelisk where Korruhn already awaited.

2 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

"The obelisk," Grime shouted back. "What do you mean the — oh."

Without much thought Grime's feet found their way to the obelisk of which Stannis spoke. He saw Korruhn already present and gave a nervous little wave. "So. Now what? Do we hit it? Or are we supposed to ask it a question too?"

IC Stannis | Temple, Kumu

"No, I don't think so," the wizard said. His eyes caressed the carvings on the monolithic stone, peeling past the shadows and noticing the carvings that suggested an offering of sorts. "Its a religious artefact, it doesn't proffer answers like the door did."

He shrugged noncommittally; "But hitting things is always a viable option.

@Crimson Jester

IC: Grime | Temple, Kumu

He kicked the obelisk. "Come on, what's hiding in there? Open up."

ooc: @Gecko Greavesy, @EmperorWhenua, @Crimson Jester

IC: Reliable Narrator | Elemental Temple of Air
She felt a language of shapes call to her:

A sphere.

A triangle.

A hexagonal prism.

ooc: @Kal the Guardian, music is here

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Whisper - Temple, Kumu

Had Whisper possessed eyes, she probably would have rolled them at the Matoran's actions. 

Mindless violence was rarely the solution to anything, in her experience. The last two doors had both wanted an offering of sorts. If this monolith functioned similarly, then perhaps they just needed to figure out what it wanted. 

She extended out of her tendrils and gently placed her hand upon the surface of the obelisk, beginning to channel shadow energy into the object to see if it reacted. If this place had been made by an Aspect, as the previous door had been, perhaps it would respond to the power of one. 

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 1