Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Nuju | Kini-Nui

“Well, that was a journey,” Nuju grumbled after Katrin passed through the rift into whatever horrible fate awaited her. With luck, she’d be trapped.

Nuju’s ghost was left alone with the sea bird. It hopped nearby, and he reached as if to pet it, but it flew away with a squawk to find scraps elsewhere.

He watched as each temple goer slowly made their rounds. They stayed away from the entrance to the darkness below. Those who came close he pestered. None flung themselves into the Far Shore with the reckless sort of abandon he’d hoped such an offer would encourage: free riches there for the taking, and a chance to make a difference. It seemed the only portal the group of campers and refugees were wanting to take was the one to someplace warm, sunny, and several days to the North. 

It was for the best, he concluded. Perhaps not all should fall into the endless possibility of the Far Shore. It would just as easily twist them as empower them. And in the case of Stannis it emboldened them to risk everything for a moment of self indulgence. Nuju shuddered and said a silent prayer that Sidra NUVA might pull through. It was necessary for Tren Krom to be reached. Everything he’d worked for, everything he’d seen after death --

The shadows lengthened.

Evening came. Birds sang their songs of rest

Then twilight. A flock flew overhead, passing to the East where the island was warm. Nuju watched them go, and wished he could follow.

Before night, as the sun’s last rays were vanishing behind the mountainside to the west, the shadows stirred. The great pillars cast their dark reflections across the waters of the lake like stoic fishermen waiting patiently for their prize. Something moving in their shadow acquired Nuju’s interest. 

It slunk sporadically from one shadow to the next. Sliding across the mossy surfaces of the temple walkways and up towards the lip of the opening that led to the pit below. Nuju watched silently. At the very edge, he noticed the amorphous being stop moving. He stared at it, not attempting to hide his knowledge of its presence.

Three milky eyes formed of starlight reflecting in the darkness of a shape stared back, then it slipped over the lip and was gone.

"You're welcome," said Nuju, but there was no response and no one to hear him speak.

• Like 5

Happy chat.

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

The Void-touched did not react to the revelation that there was a tithe; at least not visibly. Korruhn could feel the void where his leg once was, the stump nestled in the prosthesis. Yes, Korruhn was well familiar with the concept of tithing in these old ruins; he had already given much of himself to these ancient places in pursuit of knowledge, and he would gladly sacrifice more.

As he placed his hand on the dome, he felt it's connection to him; foreign, and yet like home. He knew not of this Uhuraz, but surely if he had such a unique temple dedicated in his honour, he must have much to offer. And for that, he gave up the might of his Kanohi Calix.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC Drokk - Suva of Water:

Grumbling something about Matoran and their insufferable crafting of temples, Drokk turned the stone sphere once more, pointing the lit side toward first the carving of the Matoran, then to the carving of the Toa, and finally toward the carving of the Turaga. she did this rotation clockwise for each choice, pausing on each carving for a moment.The lit side seemed to be the only indicator of direction for the damnable thing, and it was clear there was some sort of order that was important on the carvings. She wondered if perhaps she should try pressing the carvings instead as she swam about feeling quite foolish.

@Unreliable Narrator @Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

IC: Niidak (Ko-Pou/The Taku)

The Matoran questioning her abilities further added insult to injury. Niidak rolled her eyes. ”If you can’t trust a Vortixx to do a job like this properly, then I don’t know who you can trust. But fine, if you want to check everything then feel free to. Even if it ends up being a waste of time.”

Rather than getting into an argument with her employer, she promptly left and headed to install the three levitation engines one by one. It would take a while, but it was not a challenge for her.

OOC: @BULiK

• Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Forgemaster Viltia NUVA - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui Valley, Jungle

With - Sidra, Mazor, Muaka NUVA Proxima

Viltia looked at the jangled puzzle sphere, a slight frown on her face, “Huh.” She pondered what that could mean. What she settled on was imagining she was being like Mata-Nui, a whole world laid out before her. And she was tied to it in a way no other being was.

Was that what Mata-Nui felt, like he was helping everyone?

Well… he was an Aspect, and they didn’t think the same way as normal beings. So maybe she was like a better Mata-Nui? She could do for him what he couldn’t without the proper emotions due to how he was made. Sorilax would probably agree with her on that one.

Yeah, she was able to actually help. So she would keep going, for Mata-Nui’s sake. And for the sake of all those broken stars. Viltia knew that for as many as she had helped, there were tens of thousands more that she hadn’t been able to even glimpse. She needed to be there for all of them. They were all so precious.

She turned to Mazor, awaiting his answer to Sidra’s question. She wanted to know as much as she could. It seemed very important, even outside of her personal involvement.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Smudge8

• Like 5

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Sucordak hammered, striking again and again, before ordering, “Back into the fire.” Kanohi obliged, hands shaking as his tongs thrust the metal disk make in. It glowed as the flames engulfed it, and Sucordak peered inside, eyeing the heat. 

The Councilor already knew this was one type of disk he could not make on his own. Regeneration disks and weakening disks were easier, they only required one way of hitting them, he did not have to estimate for how long they should be hammered or how long to heat them. Suvordak could stare at the flames, he could see when the metal was—

Okay take it back out.” Kanohi pulled it out and Sucordak hammered again striking the disk in key places, until it has assumed a fully circular shape.

This should be right,” the older Matoran of Plasma grunted, tapping the disk against an old bench, “but we cannot be sure unless we try it on someone poisoned. Vahki, go to the refugees and test it on some of them, then report back.” 

Please,” interrupted Kanohi, trembling as he eyed Sucordak. Then he looked back to the Vahki, “Oh um, I know a crowd of the suck could be overwhelming, but if one of you is willing, could you stay there and administer the Kanoka to them, while your brother tells us if the disks do indeed work. I apologize for our bluntness.

Sucordak huffed, glad to have Kanohi handling it so he did not have to. Instead he began to prepare more Protodermis to forge into disks of Remove Poison. They would continue while the Vahki left. The disk certainly felt powered, and it did not freeze, teleport, regenerate, reconstruct at random, weaken, enlarge, or shrink the things he tapped it against. Odds were it was a disk of Remove Poison. The Vahki should still double check, but Sucordak’s job was disk making, and that’s what he would do.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC “Komisti” - Kini-Koro

The Vortixx nodded shakily, “I … I am not the greatest warrior, but I do not think any village can spare their Toa, they will need to rebuild and prepare for more beasts. And I … might go unnoticed by the dangerous power of the Riteborn. And I still have my Le-Metru bike, it could get me there faster than walking, and I might be able to engineer something.

They wiped their mask of poison and mud, “I was too slow I suppose. I had hoped the Aspect Whisper could Desecrate my mask, give me resistance to the cold. Make me more of a Toa, at least give me resistance to my own blade. Then another Aspect warned me to be cautious, and I got distracted preparing for the Earth Ruins portal to open. And the Far Shore, if this attack had not happened I might have…

Komisti shook their head, “It matters little. I will be weaker than perhaps I could have been, but if it will stop more beasts from forming, and if it will protect the Matoran, I will join you.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran had been startled by the appearance of another … being like Sorilax. She … she knew her people’s information on the Tricksters were useless, but still, she had never heard of Tricksters adopting similar forms to one another. And this second being seemed so subservient to him.

She pondered this for a time, then a phrase hit her. Sorilax sought how to create life without using Taboos. If he desired a way to create life without using a Taboo, then did he already have a way to create life? Had he created this newcomer in his own image?

He had to have. He … he had created life. It was in a way he had not approved of, but… he was truthful of his goals, he must be. And then, he could be trusted. And more importantly, he could possibly bring back Vokarda.

Mahrika finally realized he was talking to her, and blushed, “Sorry I … I guess a part of me was worried you might be lying. But if you can create life in your image, you must be powerful in Life.” She paused, thinking about the rooms, “I think your idea is worth a try. I … I do have a habit of overthinking puzzles, in the Ruins of Water I believe I annoyed the Admin when me and Ollem tried to force a puzzle into a shape. It got pretty sarcastic in its politeness.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru here’s a thought, could Mahrika get her mask infected from Two’s Kraata pilot? 

IC Kardaka - Ko-Pou

The Turaga of Stone turned to the Turaga’s distress. Kardaka did not know what to make of Turaga Klawne, at times she seemed uncaring towards the island’s fate, at other times terrified of Okuo becoming a Turaga. Kardaka knew the change was hard, but to fear renouncing power. It was possibly Kardaka just did not understand her fellow yet.

In the meantime however, she followed Klawne’s distress, to see what startled her aboard the gigantic flying boat that had landed before them.

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

1 hour ago, Daniel the Finlander said:

IC: Niidak (Ko-Pou/The Taku)

The Matoran questioning her abilities further added insult to injury. Niidak rolled her eyes. ”If you can’t trust a Vortixx to do a job like this properly, then I don’t know who you can trust. But fine, if you want to check everything then feel free to. Even if it ends up being a waste of time.”

Rather than getting into an argument with her employer, she promptly left and headed to install the three levitation engines one by one. It would take a while, but it was not a challenge for her.

OOC: @BULiK

IC: Berys, Ko-Pou, The Taku

Berys sighed, annoyed by Niidak's indignance. As she moved away to begin the work of replacing the units with relative ease, Berys did his best to get the last word. "Complain about you doing the most difficult repair work or complain about me not trusting a Vortixx to install a few engines... just don't complain about both at once. Pick a lane."

He grumbled and began to stroll back towards the front of the airship.

Knichou being unappreciative of Berys's work at times was something the former commercial pilot had grown used to, but on top of that, talkback from a stranger who hadn't been through the crucible of battle earlier that day really began to grate on his nerves. To be honest, Berys wasn't surprised that yet another straggler who found their way on this airship didn't even pretend to care about the proper safety checks of equipment, doing test runs, ensuring that hasty repairs were fully evaluated before a long voyage, et cetera. It was always "evacuate" this and "suicidal charge" that, nobody cared for proper flight check protocol anymore, and the last thing the risk-averse pilot wanted was more potential hazards to worry about.

Plus, Berys really needed a break and fixing the main engine was not his idea of a good time.

The matoran stopped his frustrated muttering a he approached Captain Vella and several more Toa. Triage was among them? The Bo-Toa doctor was always one of the pilot's favorite co-workers in his time on the Taku. There was a smile behind the dark green Kaukau as the pilot gave a wave.

"Heya Triage, longtime!" he opened, a more natural and cheerful twang of chutespeak evident in his voice. "Ship scratched, but garden's not. Still water it."

"Howgo matoran here?

OOC: @Tarn

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Mi-Kiri Puzzle Room

With - Mahrika, Two

Sorilax sounded like he was frowning when he offered a “Hummmm…” in immediate reply. He wanted to tell this Matoran that these were Rahkshi, not his true form, and how dangerous they could be, but with the Admin here and her Desecrated already, that complicated matters.

He also did not like hearing how the Administrator had become annoyed by his fellow puzzle solver. It was just one more thing that made Sorilax realize he might be doing the right thing in killing it after the puzzle. Or, the equivalent of killing a computer, whatever that was. Surely there was a name for it.

Sorilax made his response, “I would not say ‘powerful in Life’ as of yet, but yes, I have made a small headway and was able to change one of my Kraata variations, at the very least. As for the puzzle…” Sorilax put in his Kanohi, activating the center, white room first. The barriers came into being and the corresponding pendant lit up. He mentally commanded Two, who placed his own Kanohi in the yellow room second, the barrier to the yellow room disappearing and the corresponding pendant lighting up as well. “...you can place your Kanohi now.

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Triage - Ko-Pou/Taku ramp

The medic's expression brightened. He was happy to see someone from the Taku that wasn't Rose or Skyra. Triage also appreciated the Le-Matoran pilot taking care of his things while he had been gone. He knew Knichou wouldn't be able to take care of a garden, let alone simply water the plants every once and a while, even if you were to explicitly ask him to do so the day before you disembarked, with detailed instructions on--

"Ahoy, Berys," he replied. "The Matoran are good, we...had to use some alternative methods. But they're better, now. And they'll be safer once the Taku gets them out of here."

@BULiK

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IE Temple | Kumu

The tithing suva took Korruhn's kanohi without question, just as it drank in Whisper's shadows and Stannis' healing factor. From Grime, however, it took something less discernible, and whatever prayers the Builder offered up had gone unmentioned; nevertheless, Uhuraz took what was given and placed it in his unseen coffers with glee. It was not for the church to assign values to the things tendered to Uhuraz—everyone had different priorities and wants, everyone was unique and so was their idea of treasure. Had Korruhn surrendered his arm it would have been received regardless; had Whisper given up her sanity it would have been received; had Stannis tendered his sense of joy the result would have been the same; had Grime tried to tithe his connection to Miserix, the thing he most prized above all else, it would have been accepted without question. All gifts were taken, as all things belonged to the Conqueror. The temple opened itself up to the worshippers in response to their edification of the ancient god. 

When Korruhn first entered the chamber they were in he had been struck with the ominous feeling that this place, the temple, was somehow a living organism and they were in the belly of some beast. Never before was that feeling palpable than in the moments that followed the group's sacrificial tithing. A great yawning rumble filled the incredible space, dull in temper from the dampening effect within but still forceful enough to stretch across the whole of the chamber in a low, disturbing churn. The once-stoic monolith lumbered to motion and a burning from within glowed dull red like magma burning its way through the earth, and the tithing suva they had bestowed the offerings to began to radiate their energy into the ground. Lines all across the floor started to emanate from the shrines and across the floor, pulsing with red energy like a network of veins that touched everything in the antechamber and crawled gradually to the enormous beating heart at the center, lending further credence to the macabre sensation that they were standing in something somehow alive... and they roused it.

One by one, runes on he face of the relic burst to life like a great countdown, first at the very top of the towering slab and then to the right of it, and then again, and then again, like markings of the passing of time coming to light in a clockwise rotation, until finally the countdown ritual came all around the fresco and met where it had began. Stannis looked at it with a sense of expectation while Grime knew what it said easily; Korruhn only recognized some of the symbols as those from Stannis' tome of shadows. 

All who live — Shall all die — All shall live again — In the Kingdom

Finally, the baleful yawning sound reached a deep and jarring crescendo as the inky stone monument developed a bright, thin crack of crimson light that sliced through the middle of it from top to bottom slid open wide enough to admit the beings in the antechamber. Suddenly the monolith ceased its movement and remained still, and the awful sound grew quiet. What replaced it, however, was the familiar tugging feeling Korruhn had sensed before, only stronger and more compelling. Come to me, the door seemed to say, come to me. And so all four of them complied, marching towards the awaiting door like marching pilgrims. There was no denying the door; all paths led to it just as all veins led to the heart, and there was no other choice but to go to it. And through it. And they passed the threshold into another plane entirely.

What awaited them was unlike what any of them expected. Gone were the ominous hums of clanking doors and grumbling stomaches, gone were the hues of red and black they had come from, swapped instead for crayon colors and pastel walls, mottled grey and white floors that stretched in straight lines ahead and to the sides, and simple wooden doors marked with playfully marked signage in Comic Sans lettering. Light came from lowly humming fluorescents, some flickering mildly and wanting of some small attention, but everything was otherwise meticulously clean and untouched.

Whatever they thought they would encounter beyond the veil was... not this. Even Stannis, usually wiser than his years and comfortable in any setting, looked for all the world like he was lost, and Grime scrunched his nose in aghast bewilderment—it may have been preferable to discover they were not heroes and villains but action figures made of petroleum waste and sold on supermarket shelves for discounted "must-go-now" prices. The Wanderer tried a door, but it did not budge. The only echo of the great symbology they witnessed on the other side was an eclectic display of unusually rare artifacts that were on display all down the corridors, exhibited casually the way someone would a pinned-up children's drawing, only these were esoteric items of archeological value. 

"Eh-hem," came a voice, catching all four interlopers by surprise. Before them stood a tall, gaunt toa of ice with a Matatu. "Please leave the displays alone, thank you. So, do you all have a hall pass?" He sounded pleasant and educated, a civilized and melodic tone to his voice that was instantly calming and trustworthy—not that any of the visitors trusted him automatically, but there was still a riveting calm to his presence. 

"What the devil is a 'hall pass?'"

"Ah..." the man said, shaking his head and realizing what he said and that he'd been caught up in the wrong mindset. "My apologies—it's been so long since we received pilgrims here at Cruel Fist High. Worshippers of Lord Uhuraz don't come often, you know—or, well, at all, more like. Come on, follow me and I'll take you to him. But please do leave the exhibits alone." And then, with an inviting tilt of his head, the toa turned on his heels and began to walk down a hallway.

@Gecko Greavesy @Crimson Jester @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

IC: Whisper - Kumu Temple

"I... guess we follow?" Whisper glanced at her companions, before floating off in pursuit of the Toa. "If you don't mind my asking, how long has it been since someone else was here?"

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IE Temple & Dude | ????

"Time has very little meaning in this a High sanctuary," the toa said kindly. "We function on a... different basis. But perhaps the best indicator is what toa look like—the last time we had pilgrims they looked like your chaperone here." He pointed at Stannis.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 2

IC: Grime | Temple of Uhuraz, Ascendant Plane?

Grime said nothing, but paid close attention to each and every item he passed. He quickly fell behind the rest of the group as he meticulously gazed at the displays. He was looking for something, anything, that might show the signs of spells from the practice of Xa magic or taboos of similar ill intent. 

Ooc: @EmperorWhenua, care to go a little more in depth?

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

IE Temple | ????

Grime passed by a number of things, all of which were stashed behind a plexi screens of indeterminate security:

• A jar of pickled radishes that look like eyeballs
  • A heartlight (deceased)
  • A collection of buttons, some of which still had thread fragments attached
  • A Skakdi grandmother's dentures with strange runic markings on the teeth
  • A bowl of still-living goldfish (on a pedestal, not behind a plexi screen)
  • An iStone (dead battery)
  • A McDonald's happy meal with fries (cold, but somehow not moldy)
  • The only existing vinyl copy of the Wu-Tang Clan's "Once Upon a Time in Shaolin"
  • A collection of yellow legal pad notes, one of which is entitled "3rd Arc of the BZPRPG"
Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 6

"Quite a while, then," she mused. "And I imagine these... artifacts... hail from the same time period?" 

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IE Temple & Dude | ????

"From that time, and before. Yet others are given more recently, but just because someone tithes does not mean they make the pilgrimage. Some people like to amuse themselves by giving trinkets of offerings as paltry sacrifices. I loathe them. Good for you, you are not that."

• Like 3

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - The Taku - Exterior:

Affirmative,” said the machine as it grabbed the landing gear components and headed for the exit. As it prepared to walk down the boarding ramp it was greeted by a large crowd of individuals standing around talking. From the traffic jam the mechanical enforcer could recognize a few of the faces besides Skyra.

Greetings allies Nale and Vashni.” Rather than attempt to push past the crowd, the robotic NUVA instead clambered onto the side of the ship and began to descend. There would be time for talking after the landing gear had been installed.

Witnessing the exterior of the ship made it clear just how much of a beating had occurred. Multiple oversized claw marks were present as well as several dents. It would take several applications of the great disc to fix all of it. The machine did not feel boredom however; it couldn’t feel anything to begin with.

As the final rear landing gear was replaced, the machine looked out as the last light of day vanished over the horizon.

The Mata Nui head has sunk since most recent observation.

Triangulating this unit’s relative position...

OOC

: @BULiK@Tarn@Snelly
  • Like 1

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

"So all of these are things that other people have offered at the Suvas?" She asked, already wondering how and why someone would offer up dentures or their pet fish.

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

IE Dude 1 | ????

”Correct, it was what they most prized. What did you offer?” he said, and then quickly added on a polite disclaimer, saying, “And you are under no obligation to satisfy my idle curiosity. What you gave is a holy thing and you may disclose only of your own will.”

OOC | Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Tarn said:

IC: Triage - Ko-Pou/Taku ramp

"Ahoy, Berys," he replied. "The Matoran are good, we...had to use some alternative methods. But they're better, now. And they'll be safer once the Taku gets them out of here."

IC: Berys, Ko-Pou, The Taku, Boarding Ramp

"Great," a relieved Berys said. "So... you're coming back? I guess everyone comes back for evacuation..."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Mazor-Kini nui

Mazor sighed. "It's hard to say. I was in these strange tunnels deep beneth the archives, but it probably wasn't verry long." The skaklet had finished chewing and was now making grasping motions up at Mazor. Mazor walked over to the table and got the child another mushroom. "Since then I've been avoiding others as much as I can, trying to make a new path for myself."

@Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC Katrin Nuva - ??? - Far Shore:

Rather than stepping through to open ground, Kat found herself tumbling through the air roughly 20 feet above the coast of a lush and verdant tropical island. She managed to slow herself with a creation of a warm updraft, but still hit the beach pretty hard, sending a plume of sand into the sky. The Toa of Fire sat up from her small crater, rubbing her head and back.

"Darn, sure wish Nuju had warned me about the drop!" She spoke aloud to herself, before standing fully. At full height, her eyes were just able to peek over the lip of the impact Crater, and to her surprise, a very terrified looking Ta-Matoran stood there, fishing rod quavering in his hands.

Kat blinked a few times, before raising a hand to give a friendly wave and a grin.

"Oh, hey there!" She said cheerily.

The Ta-Matoran's only response was to drop the fishing rod and flee toward a charred forest. Kat was understandably confused. Not everyone liked Toa, but she'd never seen anyone run away in fear before. She hopped up to the top of the crater and began to walk after the Matoran, hoping she had just startled him and that once he realized she wasn't a threat, he'd calm down a little, and maybe she could ask him a few questions.

Like where she could get something to eat. She'd forgotten to grab something before she left.

• Like 2

IC: Korruhn, Matoran Degrassi

"What the karz..." Korruhn exclaimed, his voice trailing off as his eyes and mind began to wander the cabinets and the trinkets they held. The Cartographer was at a complete loss; in all his years, he never imagined something quite like this awaiting him in a temple ruin. They were soon greeted by a Toa, who began to speak.

"The Builders were the last ones here?" Korruhn asked. "Did they all worship this Lord Uhuraz; who exactly is he?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Gecko Greavesy @Unreliable Narrator

IE Dude 1 | ????

"I assure you, this place is not Karzahni," the man said.

"Builders have come consistently over the ages. Once, all of them bent their knees in adoration of Lord Uhuraz the Conquerer, King of Kings, Master and Commander of the Cruel Fist, Lord of Hosts, and Holder of Chains, and so on, but now? Not so much. We've had a sparse few of Irnakk's Prized give gifts, but we have no idea why they're around anymore--we saw the Dreamweaver leave long ago, so why would he be back?" he thought aloud in a confused tone. "Devilish pranksters, the lot," he scorned. 

IC: Triage and Nale Vella - Ko-Pou/Taku ramp

Triage cocked his head to one side and made a face, like Berys had just asked a stupid question, which then turned into a slight smile.

"The Taku's my home. Of course I'm coming back."

Nale shrugged at Skyra. "Alright, then. If it's that simple--"

As if the Kralhi unit had known people were talking about it, Kilo walked up to the crowd gathered at the ramp and then climbed the side of the ship like a fikou spider, greeting the Toa of Magnetism and Vashni specifically as it passed. Nale still wasn't used to its new look, and was slightly caught off guard, but still turned to the Kralhi NUVA and smiled. "Ah! Hello, Kilo," she said, but the unit clearly wasn't interested in talking at the moment as it continued on to repair the ship's exterior.

"Well, we have quite the reunion going, it seems," Nale said, looking around at those gathered. She could overhear Triage and Berys' conversation, and the medic's affirmation he would return to the Taku. "Funny," she continued, "normally things like this happen right before the end."

@Snelly@BULiK@pokemonlover360

• Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Korruhn, Uhuraz High

Korruhn contemplated his words a moment. He could barely contain the excitement at getting to talk to another being as ancient as ruins themselves; living history in the flesh.

"Tell me more about this Dreamweaver. Why was he, why did he leave?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Gecko Greavesy @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

The Le-Matoran beamed back at Triage, but suddenly turned to Nale with wide optics at her last statement. It felt rather... ominous, and the concerned expression on the pilot's face matched that severity. It might have been something more innocent and not worth mentioning, but the day's apocalyptic events still lingered over the Le-Matoran's mind.

"What?" he interjected. "Landsinking or friend-seeing?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Crimson Jester said:

"Tell me more about this Dreamweaver. Why was he, why did he leave?"

IE Dude 1 | ????

The dude shrugged. "Irnakk does as Irnakk wants, as it's his right. He left for his own reasons and seems to have come back just the same. It makes no sense, but dreams rarely ever do."

• Like 2

IC: [Nixie - Kini-Koro, Po-Kou Shelter]

The astronomer had spent the time lost in her own thoughts, wrecking her brain trying to put the pieces together. Something about the affliction she and the others had suffered seemed...familiar, somehow. Like she’d heard of something like it happening before, but the story was elusive.

News had come that the local region had been cut off from the mainland by the encroaching sea - almost instantly. If only there was a way to make new land in a hurry - more than even a Toa of Earth could create if they utterly exhausted every last bit of elemental reserves in their power. And that’s when she remembered the story: It had been so long ago now, but she suddenly recalled being taught of a historic event where beings called protocairns had laid waste to the city of legends, only to then perish and form new land masses themselves. Was this whole thing part of a cycle? Something that happened to the Matoran of this land on top of the Skakdi invasion and everything else? Did they just periodically get afflicted by tainted protodermis in times of environmental disaster, only to die and reform the land? What kind of horrible cycle was this?

She was pulled out of her bleak musings by Vhisola’s hand on her shoulder. It took a moment for her friend’s words to sink in.

“There’s a big airship outside. Just - well, not landed exactly, but it’s here now. Looks like it’s in rough shape.”

Nixie motioned for the formerly afflicted to gather and they all looked out the windows of the shelter, watching as the outside of their shelter erupted in activity and conversation as all kinds of beings began to move about.

The astronomer and the scholar exchanged looks, then nodded in agreement. The other Matoran, despite not a word being said, understood instinctively as well what they were going to do next.

“Come on.”

-----

Behind Berys, Nale and Triage, a voice spoke up: “How about both? So, you came in that thing? You’re even braver than I thought.”

Having quietly formed up behind Triage were the ragtag band of Matoran, formerly afflicted and mutated. They looked rather tired after their ordeal, but they looked like Matoran again, and their faces were determined. Vhisola stood in front of them, smirking. She’d been the one speaking.

“If this is an evacuation I’d say you need all the help you can get.” she continued. “Just give us some extra tools and point us at something broken.”

The other Matoran nodded once again in agreement. They may have been sick, they may have been dealt a rough hand. But they all had their duties back in Metru-Nui, each doing their small part to keep the City of Legends running, until war had taken it away from them. They were capable.

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn

OOC: Some appropriate music.

IC [Zataka - Irnakk’s Tooth, w. Yumiwak & Co.]

As the Skakdi princess examined the pouch and reminisced, a dark vapor began to gather about her clawed feet, almost imperceptibly at first in the volcano’s gloom, drifting in from seemingly nowhere, but soon enough it had gathered about the ritual space Yumiwak and her crew were standing. A roiling blackness, almost behaving like liquid but not quite, dotted by pinpricks of light like stars in the veil of night. This darkness rose until the possibility that it would try to drown them came to each of the Skakdi’s minds, but just then - 

:I spoke to your god: 

The voice echoed about the space and inside Yumiwak’s mind simultaneously.

:We have an understanding:

The darkness began to gather and then concentrate in front of Yumiwak, swirling and forming waves as it did so, until a strangely familiar silhouette began to form from the shapeless mass. It easily towered over the princess, perhaps even more so than before. And as the magma’s glow began to catch on it, a particular iridescent shine came to the armor. But as the figure began to take more solid shape, the changes became obvious: The segmented armor, flowing and elegant had warped, becoming more aggressive in it’s styling, each edge seemingly a razor. Swirling textures and patterns - as if forged in the volcano’s fire, melting into their etched appearance - covered the once smooth armor plates. It was actually hard to look at them closely for too long before the eyes began to protest and demanded rest. Segmented metallic ridges curled around the torso and arms like doom vipers, ending in sharp spikes protruding from the elbows, shoulders and back.

But even as these features became discernable and the face Yumiwak remembered so well reformed, the darkness she emerged from clung to her form, like a shroud draped about her shoulders, flowing down from her, as if seeping out from between the armor’s seams itself. 

Spoiler

HvsL2fmW9Lx6YTXxX9v7Gz2YooXdDXsBNcHfO1Ds_xiM8oENy7A2YbPS2TgwwLUmW2qHUTOXi8gYPIXxl_wSZmQnv8XjFpOgRUJ7L-flaIMDdBKGxsvNxRjU6uM6vCG22P--Slxh

Zataka had returned, but she had changed. She was here, but there was something off, as if the titan was not quite on the same plane of existence they’d all shared up until earlier this day. She fixated Yumiwak with her gaze, eyes somehow even more piercing than before. 

The titan trailed a finger up from the Skakdi’s collarbone and along her jawline, before placing her hand and lifting up Yumiwak’s chin to meet her eyes. Her touch was gentle, almost caring, but there was a strength that could be felt behind it that would suffer no denial. If the Skakdi princess tried to use her abilities on her once more, they seemed to have no effect. It was clear her ritual had gone very, very wrong.

Behind her, a fountain of magma erupted, throwing the scene into stark contrast for Korio and the others. And as the molten rock fell back into the reservoir at the heart of the mountain, with an ear-piercing screech that rang out from the depths and could be well heard outside, two more enormous beings appeared from below the sacrificial ledge, massive claws digging into the rock as they moved into view, followed by massive segmented legs, until the two Zivon loomed over the platform, eyeing the tiny assembly of Skakdi below, mandibles chittering in anticipation.  

:Now then...you have something of mine.:

She held out her free hand. Part of Yumiwak noted there was a strange elegance to the way she’d moved it. The implication of her statement was clear. Zataka expected her to hand her over the satchel with the shattered Olmak. And she would not ask. She expected the princess to return it of her own accord. Because the princess knew it was the right thing to do, given the circumstances...

OOC: Kept you waiting, huh? @EmperorWhenua

• Like 5

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC Katrin Nuva - ??? - Far Shore:

As she traipsed through the ash covered floor of the forest, Kat's mind wandered. Even in a dead forest like this, there was so much life. She could hear birds squawking and bickering from the beach, saw insects skitter across the barren ash, and small burrowing Rahi that poked dust covered noses out for a moment, but quickly retreated below ground again at her presence. She realized that she hadn't heard many of those noises as densely where she had just come from.

A tremble in the earth drew her attention back to the present, and a bestial howl was heard in the distance as a volcano above her spewed a torrent of lava into the sky, then fell silent once more. 

"Huh… wonder what that was about." She spoke aloud, before continuing on. After a short time she came upon a tree with a distinctly fresh wooden board attached to it, marked with an arrow pointing to the left. Kat brushed her fingers over it, noting that the arrow marked her hand black with what she assumed must be charcoal.

She looked left. Wasn't that the direction of the shore? Curiosity took her, and she began walking in the direction the arrow had indicated, and sure enough, after 20 bio, she found something. Another sign with an arrow pointed in a different direction. Kat followed this sign too, and it led to another. And another. On and on, the signs led a twisted and winding path through the forest until the Toa of Fire wasn’t entirely sure where in the maze she was anymore. All there was to do was continue to follow the path. So she did, until she came upon yet another Matoran. Unlike the first, this one didn’t flee at the sight of her. Rather, he looked over Kat slowly, the expression on his red Pakari unreadable. Kat didn’t say anything for fear of causing him to run away. A long moment stretched out between the two, before the Matoran broke the silence.

“Hello. I am Kapura.”

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Vezok's Friend said:

IC: [Vhisola - Kini-Koro, Po-Kou Shelter]

Behind Berys, Nale and Triage, a voice spoke up: “How about both? So, you came in that thing? You’re even braver than I thought.”

Having quietly formed up behind Triage were the ragtag band of Matoran, formerly afflicted and mutated. They looked rather tired after their ordeal, but they looked like Matoran again, and their faces were determined. Vhisola stood in front of them, smirking. She’d been the one speaking.

“If this is an evacuation I’d say you need all the help you can get.” she continued. “Just give us some extra tools and point us at something broken.”

The other Matoran nodded once again in agreement. They may have been sick, they may have been dealt a rough hand. But they all had their duties back in Metru-Nui, each doing their small part to keep the City of Legends running, until war had taken it away from them. They were capable.

IC: Berys, Kini-Koro

Braver than she thought? Berys didn't speak up to ask if that bravery comment was a compliment or a light jab. The pilot gave the Ga-Matoran a meek wave at her introduction. This must be the leader? Or perhaps just the bravest of those who were transformed, willing to speak up first.

After the apocalypse, it wasn't that hard for any Matoran Berys met to feel familiar. Metru-Koro was sizeable enough to make it feel like society still functioned, but at it's heart there were so few survivors compared to the hustle and bustle of Metru-Nui that everyone felt like a neighbor. Even if Berys knew none of their names, the faces of all these Matoran that had been quarantined for so long reminded him of a simpler time. Whatever Triage had pulled off to cure them, it was well worth Knichou allowing the medic to take up residency in Ko-Pou for so long to assist in that investigation and their rehabilitation.

“If this is an evacuation I’d say you need all the help you can get,” the Ga-Matoran continued. “Just give us some extra tools and point us at something broken.”

Berys glanced behind him to see Niidak hard at work installing one of the levitation engines Knichou had built. Beneath him, Berys could feel the ship vibrate with the clangs of Kilo's regeneration Kanoka as the rear landing gear were installed. Looking back towards the assembled group of Matoran, Berys began to speak, with a tone and amount of pauses that clearly indicated just how unsure of himself he was. Berys was a pilot, not a leader, after all. Not a fighter either, or a fighter pilot. Everyone seemed to forget that, particularly Knichou whenever the commander was showing off.

"Well, uh, we have our top people... and robots... on that already and we'll be fully fit to fly soon. The biggest thing you can help with might be... taking anything that we'd want salvaged from the outpost? If it's going to sink, best to not leave anything we could use behind. Otherwise, make yourselves comfortable until we, until we uh..."

The pilot looked to Nale, unsure what the next step in her and Knichou's master plan was.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

IC: Triage and Nale Vella - Ko-Pou/Taku (Ramp)

Nale placed her hands on her hips and nodded to the assembled group of Matoran. "...until we're ready to liftoff," she finished for Berys. She found it admirable the formerly-afflicted Ko-Pou Matoran wanted to help. Even if most things were already being taken care of, extra hands didn't hurt. "Welcome aboard the Taku, everyone. Enjoy your stay."

She looked to Triage and winked. "And welcome back, to our ship's beloved doctor."

The medic's smile widened. "Thanks, captain," he said. Triage clutched his satchel and finally ascended the ramp, pausing near the top to turn and look behind at Okuo. "Well then, you coming?"

@BULiK@Snelly@Onaku@Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

16 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IE Dude 1 | ????

”What did you offer?” he said, and then quickly added on a polite disclaimer, saying, “And you are under no obligation to satisfy my idle curiosity. What you gave is a holy thing and you may disclose only of your own will.”

"The only thing that my kind have to offer," she replied. "Power."

@EmperorWhenua

6 hours ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC, Aurax: Metru-Koro Ruins

"This is Aurax. What's going on Xaril?"

IC: Xaril - Kini-Nui

"That's... difficult to explain," he grumbled. "The city we landed in is gone, swallowed by the sea. Our people wound up scattered on a mountainside, and are now gathering in a valley amidst the mountains. There are signs are recent habitation here, but the buildings appear abandoned now."

@~Xemnas~

5 hours ago, Smudge8 said:

IC: Mazor-Kini nui

Mazor sighed. "It's hard to say. I was in these strange tunnels deep beneath the archives, but it probably wasn't very long." 

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

The words were little more than confirmation of what Sidra had already suspected, but they struck her like a hammer blow, and she stumbled back to lean against Wairuha's leg as a storm of understanding swept through her mind. For so long she'd pondered the part she'd played in the destruction of Metru Nui and the deaths of so many... struggled to understand how using or not using Tuyet's time machine could have killed a universe... and now she understood.

She, Knichou, and Tuyet hadn't been the only ones embroiled in a secret struggle beneath the city that day. The fate of the universe had never been solely in their hands, and their actions had likely had no impact on what the Nuju, Mazor, and Ostrox had done elsewhere. 

A part of her wanted to lash out at Mazor, to make him suffer for the death and destruction, to inflict on him all of the pain and guilt Sidra herself had endured from believing so long that she was the one responsible for the slaughter... but a lingering question stayed her hand.

If I hadn't tried to stop Tuyet from using her machine... would all of this have even happened? 

There was no easy answer. She hadn't known what was coming, couldn't have known what the consequences could be. Tuyet herself likely hadn't known, or she surely would have said something. And if she hadn't known, then no one could have. Not even Mazor. He was just another puppet manipulated by masters who knew more than they told, just as Sidra herself had once been. 

"It doesn't matter," she finally spoke again, the words intended as much for herself as for those around her. "None of us can change what's already happened, we can only try to fix the future. The good news is... I think I kind of know how."

@Kal the Guardian @Smudge8 

• Like 3

IC: Vashni and Skyra Daring - The Taku (Ramp) -

"It's good to see you Kilo." Vashni said even as he went off to make more repairs. Vashni smiled as the formerly afflicted matoran came to help with the repairs, it was good to see them starting to go back to a somewhat normal life again. Not that anything about this place was normal. 

"Soooooo...who's gonna be the lucky duck that goes with me and Kilo and gets NUVA proginate...proximote...whatever it's called!" 

@Onaku @Tarn @BULiK @pokemonlover360 @Vezok's Friend

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Berys felt calmer as Captain Vella took control again. He didn't quite sigh, but it was nice to breathe without any focus on him after a run on sentence like that, because when a sentence goes on for so long eventually you start to run out of air and even if you're just reading it it really makes you want to stop and take a deep breath to refocus, like Berys just did.

After Skyra's interruption, the pilot turned to Triage, puzzled.

"Is she talking about some kind of medical thing?"

Berys wasn't quite sure what he was hearing, or if what he thought he heard was even possible, depending on the reader's interpretation of protoderm biology and/or the canonicity of such details. While the pilot had long since figured Nale and Knichou would probably know more about this, if anyone was a subject matter expert it would obviously be the local doctor.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

IC: Okuo - Ko-Pou

Okuo, deep in thought, looked up with a briefly surprised expression as Triage addressed him before nodding. "Oh! Uh, yeah, just... need to go fetch all that food I cooked up earlier. If anyone's hungry they're welcome to part take. I could use some help with carrying it though..." He turned and headed off to the guard barracks and the kitchen therein.

@Tarn@Snelly@Vezok's Friend@BULiK

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Vezok's Friend said:

[Zataka] held out her free hand. Part of Yumiwak noted there was a strange elegance to the way she’d moved it. The implication of her statement was clear. Zataka expected her to hand her over the satchel with the shattered Olmak. And she would not ask. She expected the princess to return it of her own accord. Because the princess knew it was the right thing to do, given the circumstances.

IC Yumiwak | Irnakk's Tooth

I had come to the Tooth with the expectation that I was one of Irnakk's Chosen, that I would be given the keys to His kingdom and the greatest of His gifts. I'll admit it... I was wrong. I did not have the full grace and glory of the Remaker—that gift, it seemed, belonged to Zataka. 

Bloody Zataka. 

I wanted to curse at her, question what my senses told me, and rebuke her newfound status but there was no use. She was chosen as an avatar of the Dreamweaver; it would be best if I simply bowed my knee. And that... was precisely what I did. Stowing my pride and vanity, biting my lip with jealousy, I dipped myself down and looked up in awe at the one who had once been my ward. 

:Now then...you have something of mine.:

{Yes.}

{Here.}

I handed the satchel back over, it was not mine to keep, just as she was not mine to keep. Her soul had been partitioned with Irnakk and only between the two—my ballots had no place with her anymore. But there was no further retribution to be had, to my amazed relief, only awesomeness and expectation. I would keep my head through this, and it was very much understood that I was fortunate in doing so.

• Like 1

IC: Forgemaster Viltia NUVA - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui Valley, Jungle

With - Sidra, Mazor, Muaka NUVA Proxima

Mazor didn’t really have anything to say. And he was telling the truth. Or at least what he believed to be the truth. Viltia actually had kind of forgotten a Mask of Truth was now part of her being. All six of her Golden Kanohi powers were so ingrained into her as to be as natural as her tethers were. Discerning the truth was as easy as maintaining her balance. She didn’t have to actively think about it, it just happened, as if she were born with the power as some kind of quirk of her species.

Actually, she didn’t need to be standing around here talking at all. She could be off doing things, or checking on things. And she didn’t even need to move to do it.

While flying here, she had been testing out her powers. While before, she had had to sit quietly, only talking or eating to be able to concentrate and keep up three time duplicates, now it seemed that three was a default where she didn’t even have to concentrate at all. It now fell under normal body function. Four or more duplicates for any amount of time meant she had to start divvying up her focus, but she could probably be constantly in four different places at once as long as she wasn’t in combat or suddenly surprised.

Sidra then mentioned a way of fixing the future, which caught her attention. Was it the same way as Icarax? Or maybe she actually meant working with time? That might be a fun new project. If there was an actual Legendary Mask of Creation, maybe there was a Kanohi of Time too. And if there was a Kanohi, that meant Kanoka. And Viltia was all ready to make more Kanoka.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Smudge8

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Inside the Fire Ruins

With - Whira

The minutes turned to hours. Clash had wandered around the place, investigating things. After a while, the imminent threat of the Zivon faded and with it came a crash that had Clash laying nearby on one of the bleachers, staring at the ceiling. Every so often Cravious could hear him shifting about, as if he couldn’t stay still for too long.

Voracious was out inspecting the forge in the hallway leading up to the NUVA room, noting the weird usage of pipes as if it had been a puzzle of some kind instead of a real forge. Cravious could hear him mumbling his thoughts even from the sandpit room.

Asperity kept to her perch, floating above. Did she never run out of elemental energy? Cravious was too afraid to ask. No, not afraid. Wisely cautious.

Sagacious had checked their food. Then double checked it. She went through it again recently, probably for the ninth time now. Cravious had told her to stop. Smelling their only food source over and over was not helping anyone.

Cravious had a small circuit board in his hand from his duffel bag. He kept slowly flipping it over and over again, trying to crack the puzzle of artificial intelligence through sheer will of mind alone. Perhaps if he focused on the components of the circuit, some great secret might be able to be gleaned from them. It was so green, with silver accents. Like a Le-Skakdi holding a Cordak Blaster.

He stopped flipping it. Maybe if he hadn’t made this circuit board himself and knew all its inner workings and quirks. He sighed and placed it safely back in his duffel bag, away from the things that might crush it.

Stretching, Cravious settled back down and kept on waiting.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Mentioned wrong Legendary Mask.