Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Berys, Zakaz Airspace, The Taku, Bridge

"What are Knichou's buttons for? Toggle the headlights, toggle the windshield wipers, toggle the engines, activate the ejector seat, activate mood lighting in his quarters, shuffle his iStone playlist, speed dial Nale's radio frequency, initiate the Taku's self destruct sequence, y'know, the usual," the pilot jokingly answered his friend.

The Le-Matoran could see the faint lights of the village in the distance, and adjusted the airship's approach accordingly.

3 hours ago, Tarn said:

IC: Nale Vella - Elemental Ruins of Ice

"Then I suppose the sooner we get to Mi-Kiri, the sooner we get some answers."

IC: Knichou, Elemental Temple Ruins of Ice

"Exactly," Knichou agreed. He could feel Nale's concern lingering, and wanted to settle this question once and for all for himself as well. He believed Sorilax and Sidra... but there was no denying the twinge of hope deep in the Fe-Toa's heartlight that he was wrong.

As the couple exited into the windy plains surrounding the temple ruins, it was clear that Nale was ready to move on from both the subject at hand and the desolate, icy islet they were stranded on.

"So do I just think it, and the jetpack appears?"

"Well, not quite," the inventor corrected, looking back the Fa-Toa beside him. "The armor is reading your thoughts and feelings, yes, but it's even easier than thinking of what you need to do - it will do most of the thinking for you."

"The nanosuit will automatically configure itself to your environment, whether you think of it or not," the former Nynrah Ghost continued. Nale could see the excitement twinkling in his optics as Knichou got the first opportunity in a long time to teach someone how to use his magnum opus. "All of it's countermeasures, adaptations, and configurations are stored and ready to be loaded up at a moment's notice, whether or not you know they exist. There are even adaptations I don't know about in there. While some things were fine tuned, there's a point where the deep layers of the nanite neural network take on what to the layman would look like a mind of it's own. A system like this needs to be so complex and self-correcting to account for so many possible situations."

"Where was I? Ah, right."

Knichou leaned closer into his partner, their armor melding in many places, with their Kanohi ending up mere inches apart. They could see the puffs of moisture from their breaths condensate on each other's armor. The Fe-Toa's arm wrapped over her shoulders, his hand reaching around the back of her neck to caress the protective insulated flap at the top of Nale's chestplate. Their bond kept his hand below the surface, flowing through her armor like it was a liquid parting ways for him to enter, so Knichou used his powers over metal to make the nanoweave scarf follow the movement of his hand. Knichou tilted his arm upwards and away from her warm skin to waggle the armor's adaptation in the air for emphasis.

"You don't need to think you're cold, you don't even need to feel you're cold, and yet it will ensure you are kept warm. While there are a lot of suit functions you can actively use (as you've seen with your Toa tools and communications package from earlier) the core functions are mostly passive. They don't require any supervision or intention on your part - it will always do the best it can to protect you and make you perform at your peak in the situation and environment you are in."

Knichou retracted his arm from Nale, point made. His gauntlet left behind a cloud of golden nanites in the surface of her armor, which soon began to dissolve back into her dark blue hue as their armors disconnected again. He continued to speak, moving to stand directly in front of the Fa-Toa.

"So you don't need to think about adapting to flight, per se..."

The Fe-Toa jumped into the air. As he left the ground, rocket boosters rapidly formed on the ends of his limbs, with a pair of stabilizing thrusters forming on his back. They activated and began to put him in a hover. The flyboy held his arms at a slight angle, adjusting the direction of each thruster to maintain his balance with a remarkable stability that made it look easier than it was.

"You just need to take the leap, and let your instincts guide the controls. They're not difficult, but there is a learning curve. Flying is an art, in and of itself. The more you fly, the more you master it, until one day, the skies belong to you."

The engineer's thrust lowered smoothly, leading to a graceful descent back to the ground. His armor returned to the winter conditioning from before, instead of a fluid mix of protective insulation and flight gear.

"Go ahead and give it a try, flygirl. Don't worry about falling - I promise I'll catch you," he ordered, one of his green optics dimming momentarily in a playful wink.

Edited by BULiK
tweaks
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Stannis, Korruhn, Whisper, & Grime | Uhuraz' Plane

Whisper wasted no time in reaching down to tear the heartlight from Velox's chest. There was no sense in letting it go to waste.

Grime began to drag himself towards the walls Uhuraz spoke of in hushed tones. His vision spun. Could he even read? The shaking of the room urged him forward despite the pain, and a trail of his own silver blood stretched behind him. "Korruhn," Grime said. "Korruhn we don't have time. Lift me up."

"No!" Whisper's voice came out in a snarl as she struck her staff against the ground. "We heard your babbling. You're as much of a fanatic as these two were," she turned away and started moving towards the exit, addressing Caedast and Korruhn as she passed them by. "Leave him."

"I have no stake in your quarrels between Aspects. Grime is my friend, and he happens to be the only one who ever seems to let me know what the heII is going on," Korruhn said as he walked to Grime, and gently cradled him in one of the arms of the ACR. He walked to the wall, and quickly made mental note of as much as he could. The information could be useful, and it seemed Grime was interested in it was well. "Now, we need to get him medical attention."

"I can help him with the pain," Stannis offered and gestured for Korruhn to let the wizard have the matoran. "I have a healing spell."

"Wait," Korruhn said. "How do I know I can even trust you? Every other Aspect I've met was cloaked in deception, what makes you different? Your speech to Uhuraz but moments ago made me think this whole ordeal was some sort of hegemony-ensuring hit. All I know is my friend needs help, and my world needs to not blow up!"

Grime looked at the walls. He couldn't see much, not really, but some words and symbols remained. He reached towards them to touch, to try and tell with senses other than sight, but his wounds were too great to reach. He sensed them, and he hoped Miserix might be kind enough to forgive him in his failure. As Stannis spoke Grime began to panic. He knew what came next. No aspect let another's follower live forever. "Please Korruhn," Grime beseeched through gritted teeth as the ACR cradled his wounded body; "don't let them touch me. They don't understand. They don't understand. I do, Korruhn. You know I do. Let me make it right!"

But the wizard knew what Korruhn was saying, and despite Grime's protestations Stannis understood the little sycophant better than he realized. Blind faith in someone was just that: Blind, blind to the realities... blind to the irony

"You are wise to doubt me," he said simply, honestly, and shrugged. "Our kind is duplicitous and secret, and I am no exception to that. But I'll ask you this: How much has Miserix shared with you? What knowledge or cares has she given to you? Can you trust her?" He waited for an answer.

"How do we make this right, Grime?" Korruhn replied. "I don't trust your Aspect either. She has kept me in the metaphorical dark at every turn, and has conveniently left you in a situation where you've nearly been killed. Twice. To what end do we continue this cycle?"

The temple's shudders stilled for the moment somehow, a delay in delapidation that bought the visitors a small modicum of time. This was an important matter--Stannis feared what would happen if Miserix's allies and pawns were allowed to maintain their connections to her. And if they could be turned, all the better.

The Toa turned to Stannis. "I cannot trust anyone, Stannis. Not a single one of you have been frank with me, although some of you more forthcoming than others. HeII, Icarax seemed to be the most trustworthy of the lot of you. You each have your own view on how this is going to end, and you each have your own Ussal in the race in terms of surviving this. I just want my home back."

"And you shall have it," Stannis said sternly. "Miserix will assure that much if she has her way. But you will not be able to enjoy the fruits of your suffering because you and everyone else will be as ignorant of the past as Uhuraz was of the present. Knowledge provides you the power to make your choices, to remember the lessons learned, and to have all our losses mean something. I am the vector for the future, Korruhn, the answer to all those who beg god 'why' and 'what for.' I am the lamplight in the darkness and the shade under the trees, the hammer to your shackles and the books in your library. It is wise to mistrust me, but even so, I have never lied. You know I possess power and wisdom, and what's more... you know I share it willingly with you, because I have walked the shores of Ga-Metru, the jungles of the Southern Continent, the mountains of Odina, and the farthest reaches of the Southern Islands. I have felt pain and suffering just as you have, and I, more than any other Aspect of Makuta, understand what it is like to live and to die as a Builder. I do not wish to die anymore. And if you do not trust in my words, you can at least believe in my actions."

Indeed, Stannis,” Korruhn returned, leaning down to pick up the ACR’s sword from the ground with his free hand, still drinking in all Stannis had just said. He still didn’t trust him, but Korruhn was in a position where he needed the help either way. He didn’t want Grime to die. “What’s your plan to fix him, then? He may have allegiance to Miserix, but he’s saved my life twice now. I owe him on principle; and even the calamity of war will not take my principles.

You care for your friend, I know,” Stannis intoned, remembering a kindness he once gave to another wartorn Toa long ago on Maru Nui. “You wish to keep his company?

"I wish for him to walk alongside me as he has," Korruhn said, reflecting on the long road, nearly from one end of the island to the other, that he'd shared with Grime; their time among the Warskaks. The last time he'd seen Stannis. "I didn't nearly burn down Fort Nektann for him to go out like this."

Some bonds should never be severed, I’ve learned, and there are many kinds of love that ought always be preserved. I had a brother who once asked for the same. He has never since been separated from his beloved. They shared the same roads ever since. I can give you the same kindness... if you’ll let me help with the pain. And you will see that there is no reason to feel the same aches ever again.

"In Miserix... there is hope," Grime managed to say faintly, and then he fell unconscious from his wounds.

Karzahni!” Korruhn cursed at the gods as the sands of time crashed around him. What he wouldn’t give for just another minute to make a decision. And yet, Korruhn had no choice from the start; he had no means to save Grime on his own, he had to rely on Stannis.

Fine,” he relented. “Save his life so he may yet walk his path; nothing more.”

The old wizard bent down to the floor and came close to Grime's slumbering body. "Miserix cannot save you," he cooed under his breath. "I am sorry, Builder 'Grime,' that you were not given the knowledge to make your own choices.

It was the closest he had ever come to Grime, to touching him, and he finally was able to appreciate the many tattoos and runes on his dirty body. He traced their symbols with his fingers with one hand to experience the memories embedded on Grime's armor to admit them into his own mind and rocked his reposed body gently with the other hand as if becalming a husi babe. 

Please,” Oreius had said what felt like eons before. “There has to be something. Anything. I can’t lose him. I can’t…

No medpack or Leah’s balms can preserve what is already departed. This cycle is set, I am so sorry... but I can help in
another way."

Some patterns never do change. 

Grime was old, old as Stannis, and had seen and recorded much of the world. He deserved to live and it was a great shame his Fate was a different path. Stannis could help soothe the pain, as he promised... but the pain was existence, nightmarish life was the disease. When Stannis spoke, it was anguished and musical, a final number for the bard. "Hello ," he sang low, "my fickle friend. ♫ You breathe, and laugh, and love. ♫ You glowing star.  You shed... your light far above... Hello."

And in his hand was the bloated kraata, once of Miserix, now of Caedast, throbbing like a feasting grub. It was all there was left of Grime's material soul. "Your friend will walk your path with you. Take your friend, Korruhn."

... Grime's body shuddered once and then lay still. He was dead.

A great impassible lump formed in Korruhn's throat as his friend's spirit left his body before his eyes. When he had first met Grime, he was abandoned, forgotten in Fort Nektann. Korruhn helped him escape, or did he? Grime had survived time untold until he showed up. And now, he was dead before him.

Sheathing the odachi, he took the Kraata in his hand, and brought it to his face. This sickly, slimy, writhing little parasite held all that was left of his friend inside of it; the last vestige of the last vestige of his Matoran past. Was it even worth saving the world, if we couldn't even keep someone alive to inhabit it.

Suddenly, one of Korruhn's ACR-shrouded hands swung for the wall, in a wide outward arc from his chest. It impacted the wall with a significant force, one Korruhn was not used to yet, clearly. The wall crumbled and cracked where he collided with it in his rage.

"Alright, let's do this," he said begrudgingly, turning back to Stannis, and sticking the Kraata back out to him. Korruhn knew he had no choice in the matter; he needed Grime, and he clearly needed every power he could get for the fight ahead. "I need to kill something."

"It will not be in vain," Stannis mused. "Your wish shall be granted."

The wizard took the kraata and spoke the rite. "Goodbye," he began, saying a prayer over the kraata once again but this time with command. He was not coaxing it to unbind itself from a master but to bind again to a host. He sped through the rite but still spoke with care—this was a sacred act regardless of the context, and when he spoke the final "Goodbye," he passed pulled something from under his fading robe and passed the kraata to Korruhn for the last time. 

Both of them—Grime's and Velox's.

They wasted no time wriggling into his flesh, burrowing under his armor, dislodging muscle and metal as they latched into his tissues. Intuitively a bond between Korruhn and Caedast was created, stronger than the one he had to Miserix by twofold, and lore flowed into the Void-touched toa's head. He understood Stannis' machinations, his long torturous game of war and peace, his white lies and grey truths that were all equal measures fact and fiction, and the perspective of life Stannis had championed for so long. And finally, Korruhn realized he was bound by Fate to provide what Stannis so sorely wanted and needed, the visor plate on the ARC of Triumph: The Kanohi Avohkii. Stannis took it from the ARC without a word of protestation from either of the others, both of whom were pledged to help Stannis as he was to support them. "Power is a tool," he echoed his words to Uhuraz earlier, "like Order, and Knowledge, light and darkness, and to know it is to know me.

"Now come. There's an existence to preserve and we have each gotten what we came for."

The temple began to shudder again as it resumed its crumbling somehow. The trio had their final opportunities to take what they wanted from the warlord's relics and exit from whence they came through the door marked with a red EXIT sign.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 5

IC Ysocla - Tactical Panda II:

Ysocla reached out to the riteborn mind she was now connected to and sent out a brief command.

[Head to the giant fallen head in the west. Stay at the coast, do not engage without additional instructions. Stay safe.]

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy@EmperorWhenua

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Ocean

With - Whira

Cravious went over the Kanoka forging guide. If he had just had this thing one month ago things would have been much simpler. He grabbed blue and green hued protodermis ore and melted it down, running it through his purification process. His machines whirred and clanged, the heat of the forge nothing compared to the fires of Irnakk’s Tooth.

With the mixture freshly cleansed, he carefully grabbed the vial of pure EP with tongs, tipping the golden liquid in. Like before, it bound with the protodermis ore, but he knew not for long.

The warping effect of his prolonged nightmare gave him little pause as he grabbed the Crystallized Nightmare he had set aside. He needed to toss it in quickly. It was a Heartlight replacement, after all, and that meant the pure EP would unbind soon without it.

But holding it in his hand brought the nightmare of another to him. He was in a calm seaside garden, but the garden was lost to the ravages of drought. He rode along the east coast, a comforting seat below, but his ACR had been taken by another. He wanted to bring the world a little green, but instead all he brought was a scourging fire.

Cravious recognized the Skakdi from the nightmares. How couldn’t he? It was Nektann. Or Boss, as he liked to be called. Cravious sneered, anger flowing through him at the realization of whose nightmares he held. That cretin had kept him held back for far too long, forcing him into deals that weren’t quite so lucrative. Making ACRs and weapons just so he wouldn’t get killed.

Whira’s power would break Cravious free of all these petty power plays. She would rule supreme, an answer ready for all challengers. She would do what she wished, and no doubt he would be forced to make sure things ran smoothly. Whether that meant an actual reign or a metaphorical one, it didn’t matter. Either way, he would be able to monopolize many things.

Cravious let the crystal fall into the mix. It diffused into the molten ore just as the Heartlight had, the power of the nightmares contained within being transformed as it merged with the mixture. Cravious made sure everything was even in the mold, then let it cool. When the orange glow faded, he doused it in water and placed it aside to settle. He saw the silvery sheen as he moved it through the air. He had succeeded. It held power.

But he felt no great joy.

There was still so much to do and little time in which to do it.

He kept the forge hot, grabbing a Kanoka of Iron he already had ready. Just to be safe, he ran it through the purification filters. While that ran, he went and scooped up another vial of pure EP from the large vat of it that he now had, eventually adding it into the Kanoka mold with the now purified ore.

Cravious grabbed another Crystallized Nightmare. He had plans to accomplish, even if it ended up empowering others. As long as they were on his side and made him widgets.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

Cravious has created a Great Disc using his GM approved unique method with a Crystallized Nightmare. Essentially his version of Viltia's Vuata Maca Crystals.

IC: Voracious - Zivon

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth

There was pain. It was hot. Unbearably hot. It felt like the world itself was changed into a star. But then… a change.

An updraft of air. Spewing of lava. A chitinous body glistening in the light of an eruption.

Voracious was reborn.

He sat atop Irnakk’s Tooth, new mind taking in the island with fresh optics. He couldn’t remember how he got here, or what he was supposed to do. But he felt as if the whole world now gazed at him and sought his destruction.

Voracious scampered down the mountain to find a place to hide.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

On 6/12/2021 at 12:36 AM, pokemonlover360 said:

IC Ysocla - Tactical Panda II:

She gave a nod to her liege and said, “Thank you for telling me. Having the knowledge of something tragic like that can weigh a person down. I’m happy to help take some of the load off you.” She glanced upwards as Korio flew past on his way to the Godhead before turning back to Lady Yumiwak. “I did have one more question while we’re heading off. I would’ve expected us to direct our vengeance upon the warskaks after they destroyed our home. Since when have our grievances been with the Matoran?

IC Yumiwak | Panda, in the air

"Marrow has already seen to the Warskaks' destruction. Zai and Korio..." —I paused after saying their names, a moment of honor for the ascended friends— "went to check on him, and they've come back, which means the deed is done. If there is anything left of the Warskaks they are ashes on the dunes. But don't worry, if we find the other Tahtorak we will bring it to heel as well." I grinned.

"But until then, the next greatest thing to direct my ire towards is the head that fell from the sky. The Matoran have always had my ire. I have not forgotten my resentment or detestation for them. Let's see how well their 'Godhead' handles being extra crispy."

On 6/11/2021 at 10:35 PM, Tarn said:

IC: Korio, Kanohi Dragon of Loyalty - Mata Nui's Head

The serpentine form of Korio flew over the Panda, unaware of the conversation being had below about the events leading to his rebirth, continuing to spread his firestorm across Zakaz. Continuing on past the Tooth, and towards the skull of the god-corpse and the silvery waters around it. Once he was close enough he began to idly circle above, awaiting on the arrival of the others. He felt impatient--his base instincts made him want to crack it open and discover what was inside.

IC Zai | In the air

Zai the Dragon went swoosh swoosh, sleepily swooping with serendipitous swagger over the swales. 

Head to the Head, she heard, and with heedless haste in her harrowed hereafter she hurried thither. Oh, she hated that hotbreathed harasser.

• Like 1

Location - Ocean

With - Whira

The Great Disc of Iron was just as easy to make as the first disc had been. The nightmare had been Voracious’. Cravious found a cruel mirth in the feeling of being inferior to himself. Voracious always had been more of a sidekick. It was just official now.

The true test now lay in the making of a Kanohi. Cravious didn’t waste thought on a different design. He grabbed his hammer and the disc and started to form what he had practiced for a month straight. As his hammer clanged and rang out, a Mask of Shadows took shape, but in shape only. The power contained within was far different.

There were finely tuned contours. Peaks and valleys. Openings throughout. It all flowed without a hitch. At this point it was almost second nature. With a hiss of steam as the Kanohi was doused in water, Cravious sneered triumphantly. He set it next to the first Great Disc and grabbed his manual once more.

There was a merging of Kanoka that he had seen that he knew he wanted on his side. Ah, here it was. Hunger.

Cravious grinned. It was a perfect power for disabling annoying elements. 

He checked his supply of protodermis ore. It was running low. And his mines were probably gone with the rest of the island. He needed some mystical way to conjure up more. Maybe that creating mask Irnakk wanted him to make. He would have to figure that out when he had the time.

At least he knew he had enough for the job at hand. Cravious got to work making and merging Kanoka.

Legendary Mask of Iron created with GM approval.

• Like 1

IC: Whisper – Uharaz’s Realm

The Aspect of Change – now christened in grim conviction and confirmation of purpose – didn’t linger to loot the ruins of the wistful warlord’s macabre museum.

She had all she needed. She had what she hadn’t ever expected to find here. She had the understanding she’d sought for so long. She had power. She had the truth. She had herself.

And she had much to do in the realm beyond this doomed world.

So she pushed through the marked door, and emerged back where she belonged.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Xaril – Kini-Nui

Xaril paced impatiently, eyes screwed shut to blot out the flickering phantoms that lurked in his periphery. Loathe though he was to admit it, even just to himself, he was beginning to fear that he’d chosen the wrong side in the conflict between Aurax and Ehlek.

What the karz was Aurax doing? Ehlek’s deadline drew ever closer, the League had been dislodged from their new home, and Aurax was still lazing about in a ruin somewhere waiting for a meeting that seemed unlikely to ever come, all while leaving his people in the command of a stranger he’d met only hours earlier.

But Ehlek was little better. He’d abandoned the League, struck off alone to pursue his perverse experiments, yet still expected those he’d abandoned to bend to his beck and call.

Xaril was struggling to feel any measure of faith for either of them at this point. 

Leaving his companions to continue unpacking and fortifying their position, Xaril wandered deeper into the valley, hoping to find someone or something to distract him from his doubts. His weary gaze was soon drawn to a group of beings gathered near a strange machine, and a stranger portal contained in its midst. As Xaril watched on, a Bohrok and its Va came springing out of the rift, spoke to a wraith-like figure standing beside the portal, then went back through.

If Xaril had hesitated, stopped to consider his responsibilities or the state of things, he likely wouldn’t have taken the next step. He was a man without place or purpose, not wanting to be where he was but having nowhere else to go, and that doorway beckoned to him with a promise of mystery that his curiosity dared not deny.

And so, as he had time and time again in his lengthy life, he took a leap of faith, and flung himself into the unknown.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Opal – Out of Time

Opal was dying.

At least, she thought she was.

That was how she felt during the moments of lucidity when she could think clearly, at least.

It was hard to think. Pain was all she could perceive. Her focus was fuzzy, her thoughts twisting and twining into each other.

Sometimes she thought she was dying. Sometimes she thought she only wanted to die. Sometimes she thought she was supposed to be the one to bring death. Sometimes she thought she was already dead.

First she’d expected to die at the hands of the metal monster, only to be unexpectedly saved. Then she’d wanted to stay in Irnakk’s realm and drift away in the dark dream, only for her master to demand that she return to the Time Between Time. Now she wanted to just bake in the searing sun, but her master’s command kept her from succumbing to surrender.

Her master’s instruction that she “stay safe” felt like a cruel joke, one that cut and carved at her crippled consciousness as she staggered across the sand, her tail leaving a trail of noxious ooze as it dragged behind her. She drifted dazedly from one disjointed thought to another, floundering as she forced her failing form to continue forwards.

Time had lost meaning to her by the time she stumbled to a stop on the seashore, the shape of a colossal cranium rising from the distant sea before her. The water between her and it was foul and fetid, but that detail meant little to her. All that remained was her master’s command, and it was clear: go to the head.

And so she let herself slip into the soiled sea, her still-flowing blood slicking the water as she half-strode and half-swam through the sickly liquid towards the skull.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator Xaril is entering the Far Shore, and Opal is taking a swim in the defiled EP moat. 

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Nale Vella - Elemental Ruins of Ice (Flight Test)

"I know you will."

Nale took everything Knichou had said in. He always managed to turn things into an intimate moment--even giving flight advice.

She took a confident step forward, the words please fly and please don't fall the only things on her mind before the Fa-Toa leapt into the air. Like Knichou before her, boosters formed on the end of her limbs with a pair of thrusters on her back. Her armor adjusted to flight, becoming even more aerodynamic, and forming a yellow-green filter over her optics to protect her vision. And she flew.

She reached an apex high above Knichou and the Ruins, her heartlight racing. She was doing it. Although she wasn't quite graceful, she was still managing to control her flight with ease, moving left and right as she rose. Nale was ecstatic like a Matoran on Naming Day. She felt like she could fly all the way to the stars.

Her joy, however, was interrupted by an orange glow on the mainland. She paused to hover in the air and get a better look, and realized it was a wildfire of incredible size, almost carving a path through the island with burnt land. Nale returned to the ground, looking shaken.

"Pilot training is over, I think. We have to get moving," she said the moment her boots touched the ground again. "Not only is the island disappearing, it's on fire."

@BULiK

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC [Zataka - Kini-Nui]

As she pointed out the approaching Axxon, the titan became aware of other new arrivals in her peripheral vision. Then again, it was hard not to notice the Toa (?) and her Muaka companion. Gleaming eyes and intricate armor had a way of standing out. The armor seemed both a perfect fit and somehow too small in a way, considering its wearer seemed to be breaking out of her shell in places with strange tentacle-like appendages. Part of Zataka noted there was something ethereal about the way they moved. Another was apprehensive - the tethers reminded her of something dark she couldn’t quite put her finger on in the moment.

As Viltia studied the biped riteborn, she suddenly found the tall being glancing back at her, her look just as inquisitive as her own. Although Zataka’s posture clearly pointed towards her focus being firmly on the approaching axe-wielder, the Nuva suddenly heard a voice in her mind: 

:See anything you like? You look like someone with questions.:

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Knichou, Elemental Temple Ruins of Ice

Knichou smiled with pride as he watched his partner begin to soar through the night sky on her own accord. In the moonlight her form was less distinct from afar, a silhouette that sliced through the surrounding star filled sky with the pulsing lights of thrusters and the warm glow of her heartlight and optics. At first her flying was shaky, but as her mind began to flow with her body, she learned to maneuver with ease - a true natural. Over the past month, the couple had shared many flights together, and the ex-Ghost was please to see that the Toa Rode had picked up on some of his tricks from the times he had been the one powering her flight. Like a gukko, she always knew true north by instinct, with the reflexes, balance, and proprioception of a limber, highly experienced Toa to match.

So why was Nale stopping?

Nale's expression of concern was instantly mirrored by Knichou as he felt something off in the air when she began her careful descent.

At her prompting, Knichou looked over his shoulder to see the faint warm glow of flames in the distance. Words weren't necessary for the two to communicate - he turned back, their optics met, and a moment later, both pairs were covered by a protective visor as their armor knew what came next. They both launched themselves into the air, rapidly gaining altitude so Knichou could gain a gukko's-eye view of the raging wildfire. It was even larger than what he imagined from down below.

<< What in Artakha's name... >>

Knichou's voice crackled in Nale's kanohi as his armor instinctively used their built-in radios for clarity.

<< What could have caused this? >>

The Fe-Toa's internals sank at the thought. They were running out of time. He leaned forwards, shifting from a hover to full speed with urgency.

Knichou slowed down slightly to let Nale catch up, then took point in their formation, with the Fa-Toa forming a right echelon. While she had navigational instincts, Knichou relied on the headings indicated on his visor's heads up display.

The two flew northeast with minimal chatter. Knichou went into detail on a few more armor functions, clarifying any questions Nale had about it's usage, and give a few tips on more advanced techniques. As the flight continued, Knichou watched with pride as Nale grew visibly more comfortable with her new power. If it weren't for the fact that they were going as fast as they could to reach their destination before the fires consumed Metru-Koro too, Knichou would have loved to show Nale some of his tricks.

As the light of dawn began to creep over the horizon and wash out the starlight, the two Toa reached their destination. While Metru-Koro always stood out from the surrounding wasteland, what was more of a surprise was how little of said wasteland was left. As the warm, ambient dawn light began to softly illuminate the landscape, it became extremely clear just how much less of the island there was. Knichou couldn't even see the relic fields anymore.

The wingmates circled around the edge of the abandoned village once, and Knichou could see that Aurax sat in Datrox plaza with what looked like an Exo-Toa. Knichou gave his partner a nod in that direction and the two descended on the memorial in the forum named after her former partner.

The golden Fe-Toa descended rapidly, turning his thrusters around to slow his descent at the last second, a risky maneuver that had become instinctual from much practice. He landed suddenly, kicking up a cloud of sand and dust that drifted away to reveal the prodigal Toa leaning forwards on one knee in a heroic pose, with a fist in the dirt for support and the other in the air behind him for balance. Nale followed shortly behind him, although Knichou was too focused on his own landing to see how she performed. He trusted her with his life and knew that she would make it without his micromanagement.

The Nynran stood up and took a step towards his former friend and fellow exile. Throughout the process his determined gaze inspected the false barraki - Knichou was ready for any surprises.

"Kept you waiting, huh?" ;)

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Snelly 

Edited by BULiK
added music
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

21 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

“You have returned at last, as you swore you never would,” came the voice of Spiriah from the shadowy figure. The ground began to churn beneath the feet of those assembled with the younger aspect. They could feel vibrations from below, like a small earthquake or some great host digging relentlessly towards the surface.

“Welcome home, my wayward son. There is much work to be done.”

16 hours ago, Void Emissary said:

"M-Miserix," the Aspect [Parnassus] stammered out, "has returned within the vessel of a Matoran named Grime, joined by one who pretends to be an Aspect, Korruhn. Our prodigal cousin, Caedast, appears to be tracking the two -- er, three -- of them as we speak. And in his hunt, Caedast has informed me that the mighty Zivon has awoken in a hidden valley in the centre of the island -- and hungers for Aspects.

"I returned here, with these people," they continued, gesturing back to the haphazard crew of the Ambling Alp, "to our family home out of a hope that ... well, that if our kin were to come together against this threat...."

IC Leklo | Kumu

Korruhn claims to be an Aspect of Makuta? Leklo thought in surprise, and the short spike in enthusiasm that his friend was still around died into glum introspection. This was new for him, and it threw further confusion and concern for what had happened to his dear friend. Why would the Cartographer masquerade as a shadow being? What possible use was such subterfuge and deception? It felt like a denial of who he truly was, which worried Leklo even further and he hoped that Korruhn had not strayed too far, if he had indeed strayed at all. 

While Parnassus had a familial connection to this Miserix, Leklo had no such bond or understanding of the dark spectre and so did not feel afraid at first, but the churning of the ground concerned him greatly. He looked around at the earth in nervousness, one ear to the ground and the other listening to the conversation between the demons, and hoped his powers were ready for whatever happened next.

• Like 1

IC, Atamai: Ruins of Fire

Exhausted, Atamai directed Malhukuraia to start piling pieces of the Ruins of Fire back in place. He then heard the volcano rumble. The mech turned and marched off to investigate.

IC, Whira: with Cravious

Whira suddenly began to feel her power grow. She smiled. Her Zivon must have emerged from the volcano. 

But now a more difficult task awaited her: finding a way to sever herself from the antidermis pool.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian Whira has completed her 5th milestone.

IC, Aurax: Metru-Koro Ruins

Aurax stood up and narrowed his eyes at the Toa standing before him. "Knichou...? A Toa now too, huh? Although you're shorter than I expected," the king quipped. "And... are you wearing the Mask of Creation? I hate that you have that and not me, but..." his voice trailed off as he thought.

"But that could also be a good thing. See, Pridak could never have used it to its full potential. He was too single-minded. But someone who's an inventor, a maker of things, like you or I, can do anything with it. You wearing that mask gives me an idea of how to deal with Ehlek."

Aurax locked eyes with Knichou. "So, what'll it take to get us to work together?"

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @Snelly

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Ruins, Datrox Plaza

Aurax looked different than the last time they met oh-so-long-ago, but Knichou could feel a familiar stench of treachery lingering in the air. The Fe-Toa couldn't help but smugly cross his arms and crack a grin at his reveal leaving his rival incredulous. He had waited for this day for so long, and, under different circumstances, Knichou would be enjoying it. But he had more on his mind than his past - he still had to save the future. For everyone. For Nale.

Knichou nodded along, amused, in answer to some of the questions Aurax asked himself out loud about Knichou. Knichou was not only a Toa, he'd earned the right to be one instead of stealing someone else's destiny. The commander cocked his head to one side at Aurax's quip. Knichou wasn't short, nice try. He did have the Mask of Creation, and he was going to earn it's responsibility too.

"If you asked me that a few years ago, I'd have wagered that not even us being the last two Nynrans alive, not even the universe's destruction could get us to work together."

The glare from Knichou's glowing optics could have engraved Aurax's kanohi. The commander let the thought simmer, before giving a slight shrug and moving his hands to confidently rest at his hips.

"But I wouldn't have predicted the universe ending twice, and well, here we are."

Truth be told, Knichou would have probably said the same even just a few days prior, but the change in circumstances and his recent experience had struck a chord, making this less painful than he thought it would be. If Sidra could forgive Knichou, and he could forgive Sidra, perhaps Aurax and Knichou each others' paths to redemption?

More practically, it was very likely the only path to the survival of the Matoran.

Time would tell. Aurax would tell.

"So, what's your pitch?"

• Like 1

Aurax smirked as he pulled out his tablet from one of his ACR's pockets. He tapped it a few times, brought something up on it, and handed it to Knichou. On the screen were blueprints for an odd-looking machine.

"You remember this, right? I was working on this a long time ago," Aurax said. "My warp drive. I finalized it, built a working model. But its basic functionality is to amplify the powers of Kanoka. And that's where my idea comes into play."

Aurax reached over and swiped left on the tablet once. The screen changed to show blueprints of how the drive would fit into an airship, and...

"Here's how a specialized frame would be built over an airship to allow the Kanoka's power to work on the entire ship. With that mask and these blueprints, you could recreate the machine and make a version of this frame that can fit around Ehlek's Vahki hive. We load the machine with a shrink Kanoka, and shrink the hive and its contents down to be so small that Ehlek will no longer be a threat.

"Of course, there's a little risk. The frame will probably have to be made on-site, so we'll have to send in some people to distract Ehlek and his Vahki while you're making it. Then they have to get out right before we turn the machine on. But I think it could work. It's crazy, but crazy plans of mine seem to have a way of working out."

OOC: @BULiK

• Like 1

Knichou looked over the plans as Aurax spoke, cataloguing the design in his memory for future reference. He remembered his former colleague's experiments, but the modified design was still new to him in many ways. Knichou had plenty of experience with Kanoka-manipulating devices by now - what he learned from Nuparu's work on Dume's Kanoka infuser made this device seem all the more feasible. It appeared Aurax had made similar advances in the time after their exile from the Nynrah Ghosts, though there were still some ways Knichou would modify the designs with his newfound knowledge on the field.

Knichou handed the tablet back. Large-scale kanoka usage on the subjects on an entire fortress? This might be a valuable backup plan if the administrator couldn't pull through...

"Okay..." the commander began, choosing to ignore the comment about Aurax's wild schemes and their surprising effectiveness. "So you want us to go up there, shrink Ehlek, then squish him like a bug," he calmly repeated. It sounded like he was leading somewhere, even if Aurax might not have a clue where.

"Then what?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC: Knichou,

"Oh, how I wish that was the case," the golden Toa replied, trying to suppress a light chuckle. Aurax was truly clueless, wasn't he? "Unfortunately, we all have bigger problems. It's a long story, so I'll get straight to the point. We're both busy Toa, and we're running out of time as is."

Knichou extended his right arm in front of himself, palm upwards. A sphere of bronze grew into his grasp, which he promptly tossed up in the air. It floated at chest height in between the two Nynrans, remaining stationary position under the influence of Knichou's powers, and slowly spun laterally like a globe.

"Ever seen this before? This is a Makoki sphere, and these..." the sphere seamlessly separated into six puzzle pieces, which exploded floated outwards, coming to rest in an orbit around where the orb was earlier, spinning in the same direction. "... are called Makoki stones. They're how the Aspect of Makuta, the Great Spirit of Death we know as Mata Nui locked a spirit called Tren Krom out of our dimension. We need to either find out where all of these stones are, or learn how to make more, so we can summon Tren Krom again to repair the time paradox we're living in. A computer called the Administrator up in the floating sphere might hold records on where to find the last ones needed."

"You just mentioned the island disappearing. This is our best shot at stopping that from happening. We both know that sooner or later, you run out of places to flee too. If we don't get all of these ancient stones, it doesn't matter if Ehlek is going to harvest Matoran or not - there won't be a reality left for them to be free or slaves in."

"Forget about Ehlek - you help me get these stones or the plans to make more of them, and I'll..." Knichou began. He paused, quickly giving a knowing glance to Nale before he made his gambit. The truth was out of either of their hands. Nale could see the conflict in Knichou, the uncertainty within. Despite this, he continued, turning back to Aurax with a steely facial expression. "... I'll give you something you wish for more than than another meaningless crown:"

Knichou put his hands on his hips once more.

"Your freedom from our mutual friend."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Aurax's eyes widened briefly in understanding. How does he know..? he thought to himself.

Grimacing, he nodded his head. "Alright, yeah, I'll help you with that," he said, not wanting to speak any more about how Stannis had bonded a kraata made out of Pridak's heart to him. The king turned and looked at Knichou's ship. "So, I'm guessing we're taking your ride?" he asked. "You got any shrink Kanoka on board?"

OOC: @BULiK

• Like 2

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro Ruins ("Datrox Plaza")

Nale's optics shot towards a nearby derelict building to hide them widening in surprise. This was Knichou's bargain? Forget about Ehlek. He would undo whatever spell Stannis had the false Barraki under--more evidence towards Stannis' status as something more. But this was their best shot at stopping the world ending again, and her partner was right--how can you save the world if there is no world left to save? She looked back to the pair of Toa and the machine. Speaking of, what was the Exo-Toa even doing here? One of Aurax's soldiers?

"Well, I was thinking we could just carry you piggyback and jetpack you away," she quipped.

@BULiK@~Xemnas~@Snelly

IC: Triage - The Taku (Bridge)

"...can you repeat the last one?"

@BULiK

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Forgemaster Viltia NUVA - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui, near the Airship

With - Mazor, Zataka, Tuyet, Exuze

Whoa!” Viltia said involuntarily to herself as she heard the voice in her head. It wasn’t like talking with Sorilax at all. It was kind of intrusive. But it was just words, not an attack, so she kept from merging with her Muaka, intrigued.

She looked around, but no one else seemed to have heard the voice in their minds. At least if they did, they weren’t surprised by it.

She shifted the large sack draped over her shoulder, tether holding onto it. It was nearly empty, but still held the remains of the forging materials and equipment she had grabbed for becoming Forgemaster. As always, another tether also held onto her Rahkshi Staff of Hunger, it’s (apparently) always sharp edges glinting in the sun. Her axe was on her back, ready to be easily grabbed, but it didn’t seem like she needed it. Yet, anyway.

The vines and jungle flowers that adorned her body, everywhere there weren’t tethers, rustled in a breeze that came by. He tethers themselves, the ones unoccupied, flowed as if in an ocean current, gently swirling and waving in unseen water. Unlike back in Le-Metru Nuva, she had them about as long as she was tall. Even if it might freak beings out to see them like that, their length allowed better defense against potential dangers. Having them short was also not really natural to her. Letting them flow was much better.

Since no one else seemed concerned, Viltia tried to think back at the voice. She had no idea if this would even work. Hello? Can you hear me? Who is this?

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

Location - Ash Barrens

With - Whira

Regret washed through him like the surge from a broken dam. Cravious felt the loss of past mistakes. He felt brutal tearing away that came with losing good workers and friends to Tahtoraks and raiding parties. He felt immense sadness at the loss of his mentor Preceptor. He felt the loss of the good work Voracious had provided him for years. All his mistakes and pain over his three hundred years filled him to overflowing.

The third Crystallized Nightmare was his own.

There was so much he could have done better. So many mistakes. So much regret. So many widgets lost, never to be regained.

He understood the loss he had felt from Nektann’s nightmare. It was all consuming. The pain Nektann had felt daily must have been crippling. How had he kept going?

The Cube slowly drifted to a stop, its legs deploying as the Weight Increase Kanoka thunked against the frame and brought it down to gently rest on the ground. Clash checked the cameras and went to find Cravious. He found his boss staring at one of the crystals, optics lost in thought. The Kanoka he had been working on was cool in the mold. Clash nudged Cravious, “You okay, boss?

Cravious’ whole body jumped as he was forced to come back to his senses. He felt emotionally drained. Like he just wanted to lay down and go to sleep, never to awake. He fought against the feeling, trying to draw on anger as he had previously. But the anger mixed with his regret and was negated, leaving him to force himself to keep moving. He thought of all the horrible things that had happened to him. He thought of how he had been powerless to stop them. He set his jaw, determination growing in his optics as he made up his mind to keep moving forward.

He turned to Clash, “What do you want?

Clash motioned with his head, “We’re here. Well, hidden a bit away, but we’re here.

Cravious looked to his Kanoka, seeing it was cooled, the pure EP separated from the mixture. He must have gotten lost in thought. “Alright, keep a lookout. I have something to finish.

Clash left, and as he did, a feeling of empowerment overcame Cravious. Suddenly Clash’s thoughts popped into his head as he focused on his hireling. Cravious smiled savagely. Voracious was reborn and Whira had grown in power, as had he. Finally, he could read the minds of others. It had taken forever, but now it was finally time to reap the rewards of supporting Whira. And speaking of Whira, now he would know if she ever thought to betray him.

Though she had never given him cause for concern. Which was surprising. He thought she would have tried to betray him at least once by now. It was a pleasant turn of events. Still, better to know for sure. But later. Cravious got to work.

The Kanoka was quickly re-melted, the pure EP taking hold and binding evenly throughout. His Crystallized Nightmare completed the mixture and soon he held another Great Disc in his hands. This one too he formed into the shape of the Mask of Shadows, taking care to be as precise as possible as he evened out the forms and added the minute details. His body was well tuned to this kind of work, and it didn’t faze him at all to have worked near non-stop these last three days. He had gotten his sleep and one meal each day and that was enough. Creating was where the wellspring of widgets began to flow and he loved it. Perhaps if widgets didn’t exist, he might even be a mechanic just because he loved it so. But he didn’t dare admit that to anyone else. Even the thought of there not being some form of money was horrifying.

When everything was cooled sufficiently, Cravious put the Kanohi of Hunger into his duffel bag, then the Kanohi of Iron. He grabbed the remaining Kanoka and gripped it tightly. He was ready.

He walked to one of the doorways outside, Whira and Sagacious waiting for him. He looked to Sagacious, “Keep a lookout and stay safe. Whatever you have to do to do that, go ahead and do it. You know my priorities. Stick to them.” The female Skakdi nodded.

Cravious turned to Whira, “Alright, let’s go see what treasure is locked up in there before the place is gone for good. Then we can focus on your Grand Wish again. Obviously, we’ll need your cloaking shadows.” Cravious looked around the Cube one last time. He had no idea what to expect in there and so he appreciated what he could while he could. He appreciated the things he didn’t regret. And there were a lot of them. When he really thought about it, the good far outweighed the bad, even living on Zakaz.

He turned away, focusing now on the task ahead. “Let’s go.

He opened the door and started to run.

Legendary Mask of Hunger approved by GMs.

9 hours ago, Gecko Greavesy said:

IC: Whisper – Uharaz’s Realm

The Aspect of Change – now christened in grim conviction and confirmation of purpose – didn’t linger to loot the ruins of the wistful warlord’s macabre museum.

She had all she needed. She had what she hadn’t ever expected to find here. She had the understanding she’d sought for so long. She had power. She had the truth. She had herself.

And she had much to do in the realm beyond this doomed world.

So she pushed through the marked door, and emerged back where she belonged.

IE Temple | IC Stannis | Kumu

Once Whisper and the others came from the fallen Aspect's domain they were greeted in the ominous antechamber of the temple. The massive, monolithic glowing door was behind them and ahead were all the tithing suva. They seemed to be malfunctioning, seeping energy streams like vents of steam. "The coffers are being emptied," Stannis said of them. "Without a god to receive the offerings they are being returned to the supplicants. Take what you wish and then leave."

The temple was still fragmenting as the foundations of the massive fortress shrine was gradually being weakened. The wizard wasted no time touching the little suva he had given his powers to and spent only enough time for two channels of energy to flow into him.

And then he was gone, vanished in the tenebrosity like a black cat in the night.

But in Whisper's neural system and Korruhn's skull his cryptic, ageless voice creaked forcefully.

[I will be back.]

Musical Interlude

OOC | Whisper, Korruhn, and Stannis receive the following bonus power ups from the completion and survival of the mission with the approval of Kughii:

Whatever they gave, they can receive twofold. Whisper surrendered an elemental power and can receive it, plus another element, or two entirely new elements. Korruhn surrendered a Kanohi, so he can receive it, plus another Kanohi of the allowable selection, or two entirely new Kanohi. Stannis surrendered his Makiuta kraata power, so he is receiving it, plus a new Kraata power of equal power. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

IC [Zataka - Kini-Nui]

:This is the tall one you’ve been ogling,: the voice replied, confirming that indeed she was being heard. She glanced Viltia’s way again. Something about the way the Toa carried herself struck her as familiar. She’d seen that body language before - just earlier, in fact.

:That was you in the Kaita earlier, wasn’t it?: the voice asked.

:The name’s Zataka. We’ve not met.: 

The titan was starting to become shrouded in more darkness as Axonn continued to approach. Easier to conceal movement that way. But she’d let Tuyet take the lead on this one. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator@Eyru@Kal the Guardian

Edited by Vezok's Friend
  • Like 1

IC Stannis | ????

Aurax's eyes blinked once for what seemed to be longer than usual. His mouth quivered and then he spoke, but the words were not his own. This voice was an older one, far more eldritch, and yet unnervingly familiar to everyone present.

"Goooooood. You two finally have met again."

@~Xemnas~ @BULiK

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 2

IC: Forgemaster Viltia NUVA - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui, near the Airship

With - Mazor, Zataka, Tuyet, Exuze

Viltia looked around as the voice came back. A glance from the tall, Rite-born being seemed to confirm it was her that was mentally talking. Zataka. It was a nice name. It sounded strong, yet gentle. It made her think of the desert and its beautiful cactus flowers.

And Viltia had been right! There was no way this was a normal Rite-born. Irnakk really was getting better. Well, at least he had with Zataka. The lingering fires on the outside Irnakk’s Tooth spoke to more, normal Rite-born having emerged some time ago. Which wasn’t quite nice.

But at least this mind talk was kind of fun. She wished Sidra wanted to do this, but Sidra didn’t really like using her element, which Viltia didn’t quite understand. She replied to Zataka, still in her head. 

Oh yeah! That was me. My name’s Viltia. Well, technically now it’s Forgemaster Viltia NUVA, but that’s kind of a mouthful and technically two of the words are just titles... I think. Not sure about NUVA. It might actually be part of my name now. No idea how that works.

But hey, it’s nice to meet you! How are you a Rite-born? Aren’t they all supposed to be crazy monsters? It’s not often you meet one that doesn’t destroy you. It’s nice.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

Location - Fire Ruins

With - Whira

The inside of the Ruins had stabilized as best it could. Space was still warped in places, but at least they didn’t feel like they were actively melting. His active nightmare had died down after experiencing his past nightmare, but it didn’t help to be walking where it had taken place just days before. Cravious fought down his emotions and focused.

He quickly led Whira through the portal and down the forge hallway to the NUVA room. The receiver thankfully seemed intact. Hopefully whatever was locked behind here was intact as well. It would be horrible to work so hard, risk life and limb, and then to have everything come to naught.

No, it wasn’t possible. The reward would still be there. It had to be. It was going to be.

Cravious inspected the Great Disc of Enlarge that he had created. Based on the manual, it should have had 1-5-9 stenciled on it. But he hadn’t bothered with that detail. He knew what the disc was and if his enemies didn’t, that was preferred.

He reached in the top of his duffel bag without looking and put on his welding mask. He had no idea what was coming and didn’t want to risk losing his sight if this thing shot out a burst of intense light.

Cravious turned the disc over in his hands one last time, making sure it was as perfect as when he had made it, then inserted it into the receiver.

Wait. This wasn’t his welding mask. There were optic holes where there should have been glass. That’s right! He had put the Kanohi of Iron in the top of-

His thoughts got cut short.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Unreliable Narrator Cravious has inserted the Great Disc of Enlarge into the Ruins of Fire NUVA room's Kanoka receiver.

• Like 1

As Aurax's optics widened, Knichou's shot towards Nale to his side. She was looking away. He turned back to Aurax as his counterpart finished speaking. There was no need to wait for Nale's gaze to return. She knew. He knew. He knew she knew.

There was no dancing around it - unless Stannis had some other magical spell that bound Aurax's will to his, the case was closed. Knichou expected it, hoping the gamble would prove he was right, reveal the truth. His internals churned regardless, for he still wished it to not be true.

Nale's joke lightened the mood and gave restored Knichou's strength, but it was sapped away in an instant when Aurax struggled to respond, and an otherworldly voice emanated from the seizing barraki.

"Goooooood. You two finally have met again."

The sounds were from Aurax's voicebox, but that was distinctly not Aurax's voice. The base sounds were similar, but pacing was all off, like two different musicians playing the same instrument, but playing two different songs in two different keys.

Knichou took a step back. His adaptive armor, limber and focused on cooling him in the desert, visually shifted like it had been agitated. A wave rippled through it's surface like a muaka's fur when it was on edge. Smaller, flexible scale-like plates of nano-chainmail conglomerated and morphed into more generalized plate armor as the armor struggled to understand what was going it. All it knew was something was wrong.

That voice...

3 hours ago, Tarn said:

IC: Triage - The Taku (Bridge)

"...can you repeat the last one?"

IC: Berys, Tobduk-Koro Airspace

The dawn light made the approaching village even more evident. Berys began to slowly lower the airship's altitude.

"Hmm?" he continued with a sly grin. "With all the upgrades Knichou makes, it's hard to keep track."

OOC: @ whoever's in tobduk koro, Taku is visibly approaching.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

IC Stannis | ???? Aurax

King Aurax turned slightly to look at her and then his mouth twisted words that were not his. "Hello, Näl-eh." Stannis allowed a pause, allowing the others to realize Aurax had not officially met Nale yet. "Aurax can't come to the face right now. I thought this would be... safer, first. You all have questions, I know. I needed you to... know that I have answers... and I will give them. I have the... power to do so now.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

The commander stood deathly still, gaze darting around Aurax, looking for a sign. This voice... it was familiar in a way. But who was speaking? Who could be speaking? It couldn't be...

He recalled Sorilax's scrolls - if this was shadow puppetry, that meant Caedast was at least at kraata power level 4.

"Let him go, Caedast. Let. Him. Go."

• Like 3

IC: Whisper - Kumu Peninsula

Whisper emerged back in the Time Between Time feeling more alive than she ever had. New powers surged through her form, new knowledge occupied her mind, and new purpose lay before her. She was so close now, closer than she'd dared to dream before... at least in this cycle. 

She'd returned to her usual form, her tendrils and tethers cradling her kraata and the electric bug still under her command. The insect was clinging to the heartlight she'd ripped from Velox, keeping it beating with periodic jolts of electricity. 

Whisper reached out with her Insect Control powers once more, re-establishing the connection she'd made before she entered the temple. A thunderous sound soon rumbled over the hills, vigorous wingbeats stirring the fog and shaking the foliage, and then, at long last, he appeared. A cruel creature crusted in cobalt carapace emerged from the murk and landed before Whisper, an apex predator that she had long revered and always hoped she'd one day be powerful enough to command. Large even among its own kind, the immense Nui-Kopen was a veteran of hundreds of battles, his body creased with scratches and scars. He was the perfect predator... and the perfect vessel.

Whisper planted her staff in the ground, and extended one of tethers towards the Nui-Kopen, her shell being swiftly swallowed by his subconscious as she made contact. Having previously merged with the electric bug, she was better prepared for what to expect inside the insect's mind, but the Nui-Kopen was far older, with a far stronger will, and far more memories. Though he'd been compelled to answer her summons, she could sense his resistance to the merging, an unwillingness to give up his long life of independence... a resistance that relaxed as she shared her memories with him, made him understand the powers she wielded, and the magnitude of what they could achieve together. Never again would he have to hunt and struggle. Never again could he be harmed. Never again would he need to know hunger.

Never again would either of them need to know fear or pain.

IC: Whisper - Kumu Peninsula

Now fully in control of his new body, Whisper extended new tethers, connecting to his kraata and the electric bug (and the heart it held) and drawing each of them to nestle against his neck, forming a multi-hued mane. He reached out with his new power over gravity, summoning the Rahkshi staff to one of his waiting hands, where another set of tethers took hold of it, proving more dexterous than the Nui-Kopen's simple claws.

And then he took to the sky, feeling the rush of air and thrill of adrenaline as he soared in a slow circle overhead, acclimating himself to this new means of flight.

He felt free. He felt powerful. He felt alive. And he never wanted to let that feeling go again. 

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Stannis | Aurax

Musical Thematic —

"The how is simple to explain... however, it is difficult to understand," Stannis said through Aurax's lips. "The truth is, you already know how. I told you his oath to me was bound by cords of magic. Everything you suspected is true, everything you were told is real... but not all your fears are right. And yet, there is great fear about me. Isn't there, Brother Knichou?

He went on, saying, "I am and always have been beyond understanding, a mystery in the night, a puzzle in the day. I am nebulous and confounding, shrouded by secrets and shadows. People have given me a great many monikers by people of all walks of life and every faction. The stories about me in the Histories paint me as both a hero and villain, savior and jailer, magician and charlatan, and while the gossip people tell about me when I am not listening are not within my control, what I can control... are the things that I do.

"Have you ever wondered why I never provided a citation for my stories? Of course, you have questioned it. The legends I told of the Matoran Universe and of Mata Nui’s creation and all things were not tales handed down through oral history; I know those things to be true because I was there when they were done. I have born witness to your entire existence, observed as your societies crumbled, and watched Mata Nui’s corruption spread through the ranks of Builders like a virus in the blood. I preached on the deceitful nature of Shadow and you did not believe—nobody believed—because none could consider fathoming that all that time I was talking about me. I spoke with authority on matters of Shadow because I am from Shadow. And now you see it laid bare, the truth—my truth—so perhaps now you’ll understand what was not coherent before." It was a clear admission, though notably it was not a confession. Stannis admitted to no wrong, only that he was separate entirely from right and wrong, because morality was not a currency Stannis negotiated in, though he played with it on TV. 

"Darkness is not good or evil. Information is not good or evil. What matters is what you do with it. I have never once lied to you, Brother Knichou, Sister Nale—not even to Aurax—but I will not ask to be judged on the merits of my words and instead ask to be assessed by my actions. You know the stories of what I have done—you were there for some of them—and you should know that ever since I first came to exist on the Ark and admitted each of your names to memory my efforts have been directed at the singular task of guiding and preserving you and the Builders, over and over, with the knowledge that it would bring us... here, to the breaking point of the Multiverse and the crux of creation and destruction. The Cycle is almost completed, an ending is upon us, but even so I will fight what you cannot fight, always and forever... but for me to protect you I need your trust and assistance for 

One.

Last.

Time."

The League king’s shadow lengthened and then grew dimension as though something was materializing from its shallowness like a razor whale emerging from the sea. And then, without warning came an abrupt flash of light, an explosion of brightness that bathed them all in every color, and in the wake of it all there stood Stannis the Wanderer, as they all knew him, before them in the flesh, and he looked more spectacularly heroic than ever before to them, appearing almost ethereal and divine in his new guise  

His familiar cloak was gone and instead a simple black and grey cape hung from his shoulders and obscured only one arm, revealing his ancient armor marred with innumerable scars and marks of war. His old toa tool was slung on his back and in his hand was a pristine protosteel spear to replace one he had lost in his fight with Pridak. A dagger was stashed at his hip, previously unknown, and a worn satchel that looked almost professorial peeked from under the cape. But the most noticeable difference of all was the Kanohi he wore. They all knew what it was instantly, it was almost as much a legend as the wizard was himself.

The Mask of Light.

"Can I lean on you all this once, as you always have on me?"

@Tarn @BULiK @~Xemnas~ 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 5

For a long time, Knichou wanted revenge. It was not a Toa-like impulse, so Knichou ignored it. Pushed it deeper.

The commander knew that seeking revenge for Aurax's betrayal could easily get out of hand, but part of him longed for it anyways. Helping Zaliyah's rebellion. 'Freeing' the Vahki. Some part of Knichou always wanted to strike Aurax where it hurt, make the traitor feel the same pain he inflicted on those around him time and time again.

Helping the traitor get betrayed? That was poetic justice, the only justice Knichou could hope for in these times.

The exile watched his former colleague lose all control. Aurax ceased to exist - his body was a prison, the toa of plasma trapped within himself like an anesthetized patient awake during a surgery. Aurax had become beyond pathetic, not even an ant, for at least an ant had purpose, had life. Aurax was a corpse, and could only wish be one of the ants dancing atop him, returning his body to the veins of iron from whence it came.

It must have been excruciating.

Knichou didn't taste the sweet ichor of revenge. He was disgusted. This was not justice. Aurax, king of the League, false toa of Maru Nui, traitor of the Nynrah Ghosts and countless others, was rendered powerless from Caedast's unseen influence. Aurax was a slave to the whims of the incomprehensible. Knichou was surprised to feel so much pity for such a vile toa.

Caedast's emergence from Aurax's shadow was a shock - if Sorilax's scrolls were to believed (Which Knichou was even more inclined to do as more of the other Aspect's truths were confirmed), Caedast actually had at least a kraata power of level five. Halfway to achieving his Grand Wish. At least.

Knichou couldn't move. He stood still, speechless, in an almost defensive pose, which slowly relaxed involuntarily as Stannis's revelation utterly disarmed the Fe-Toa.

The former Nynrah Ghost was lost. He looked to Nale.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

IC: Sidra – Kumu Peninsula

Sidra’s consciousness crawled across the misty murk of the Kumu Islets, briefly brushing each mind it encountered. She made contact long enough only to confirm each mind she touched wasn’t one she was looking for… but as far from her physical form as her thoughts fled, they didn’t roam alone.  

In her lifetime, Sidra had faced powers and people, warriors and weapons… but for all of the wounds she’d accumulated over the years, it was always words that stayed with her. Her words, the words of others, condemning and congratulating and challenging her long after they’d been spoken aloud.

You don't actually matter. None of this matters.

You’re still that lost, lonely girl I met so long ago, scared of her own power.

The universe is burning and you're trying to make me feel guilty about trying to stop the fires?

You are a fool whose reach exceeds her grasp while her imagination remains trapped by her station.

After spending so much time alone in her own head – and in Knichou’s, the only person she’d met who harboured as much self-scepticism as she did – Sidra finally recognised the words for what they truly were. Deflections and disguises, a petty effort to blame those she saw as her foes for doubts and indecisions that had existed within her long before others had given voice to them.

They’d been right.

All of them, all along.

Sidra didn’t know what she was doing, or what she wanted, or why, no matter how hard she tried to persuade herself she did. She never had. And she probably never would. She’d always shackled herself to certainty and conviction, determined to defy her doubts… and in so doing she’d replaced uncertainty and hesitance with arrogance and overconfidence.

I cannot absolve you of what you've done. Find your redemption, else others will.

I don’t care what you were, just what you are. And what you are is my friend and a fellow defender of Le-Metru Nuva.

If people survive because of what you did and will do. I want you to know... It won't make up for the choices you made... You won't atone for the suffering you caused and catalysed... Because you've already done that. I just hope I can do the same one day.

Friendship and forgiveness had lifted a weight from Sidra's shoulders, but as dear as those words were to her, she still didn’t feel deserving of them.

All she’d done since becoming a NUVA was talk and taunt and traipse around, never putting the power she’d been gifted to good use. She’d tried to improve herself and rebuild the bridges she’d broken, admitted to herself and the wider world that she’d been wrong to try to stand alone, gained forgiveness from Knichou and extended the same sentiment to Mazor… but none of it felt like enough.

It was never enough.

Not for her.

Three new minds suddenly appearing in her range distracted her from her doubts, and she focused her attention on them. Two were new to her, but one in particular was fleetingly familiar, a mind that was old and obscure and ostentatious, a mind that she remembered being present when she’d helped open Kilo’s bunker. The mind of Stannis.

Sidra’s mental self snapped back to her body like an elastic band, and she sent Wairuha striding swiftly towards where she’d sensed the three minds. The Darkbringer blade was held ready in the mech’s hand, a precaution Sidra had felt prudent, given that she was in the heart of Aspect territory. But by the time she reached the crumbling temple, she could sense only two minds outside it, one belonging to some kind of possessed Nui-Kopen buzzing around above, and the other to… Korruhn?

Wairuha planted its sword in the soured earth and powered down, as Sidra opened the cockpit and dropped down to ground level, slowing her descent with a brief burst of telekinesis before she landed.

“Korruhn… is that you?” She took a tentative step towards the twisted Toa, unsure of whether it was truly him, or how he’d react. She could glimpse hints of the Toa as she’d last seen him months ago in the figure before her, but his armour was corroded, and the body beneath it swollen and distorted, flesh and metal alike streaked with strange veins of gold. “It’s me, Sidra.”

@Crimson Jester

• Like 3

IC: Taja | Kumu Peninsula

It had been a long time coming. Navigating the Fau Swamp hadn't been easy, and Taja had been forced to push past the limits of her own powers more than once to escape mortal danger. Her shadow-sense was valuable and had helped her avoid the more obvious perils, but the swamp held hidden dangers that even her powers could barely detect. So it was with armour slightly more damaged and eyes slightly more weary that Taja finally stumbled out of the ocean. She blinked hard as her double eyelids became one. Long, fin-like protrusions on her arms and legs slid back into her armour. The webbing between her fingers melted into her palms. Her sleek, aerodynamic body shed water easily, but before she had taken a few steps she was already returning to her normal form. Her arms grew shorter, her wide feet narrowed, and her mask flexed, depressurizing with a gentle hiss as she walked onto the shores of the place she had sought: the Kumu Peninsula. 

What little she knew of this place had been gleaned from Whisper's stories, and although she trusted the aspect, she knew that Whisper herself had never been entirely sure of her own identity and past. How much of those stories was true? She didn't know. But as she walked into the mists of the peninsula, each step crunching on dry sand, and looked around at the skeletal trees and barren stone, she grimly decided to accept that the worst of those stories was probably true. This was a dark, unforgiving place. The birthplace of the aspects would, of course, be as lifeless and hollow as the beings who called it home. It was surely as dangerous, if not more so, than the swamps she had left behind.

But an end was coming. Her southward travels had revealed vast swaths of sea where there should have been land. The island was vanishing out from under her. And more than once she had heard a distant roar echoing from the north: the unmistakable challenge of a tahtorak. Even now, perhaps, her new home was mere rubble. She pushed the thought from her mind. There was still time left. There had to be. Enough time to find more power. To get stronger. Whisper had helped her some, and she had learned secrets in the Grand Temple. But it wasn't enough. If she was going to save her people, she needed more. And this was the place to find it.

Her resolve set, Taja strode deeper into the mists.

IC: Axxon, Tuakana | Kini-Nui

Axxon came to a stop near the temple and unslung his great axe from his shoulder. Though broad and heavy, he wielded it with ease in one giant hand. He could feel the amalgam pulsing in time with his heartbeat, aching for release. He recognized one of the beings who stood before him: it was the one he had been searching for. A mirthless smile touched his lips. Of course she was here. Destiny had made it so. He cared nothing for the others in the little group, nor for the oddly shimmery matoran who stood beyond, close to the shining portal. None of them need be harmed if they did not interfere.

"You," he said. There was no doubt as to whom he was speaking. "Thief. I have come for you at last."

• Like 2

IC [Zataka - Kini-Nui]

The warlord wasn’t quite prepared for the sheer optimism radiating off the Toa Nuva. It almost bordered on naivety, but that was a dangerous assumption to make. One did not acquire giant mechs by being incompetent. Normally she wouldn’t trust someone coming on this friendly, but in Viltia’s case her mental link and intuition all pointed towards her being genuine.

:It’s a long story. It wasn’t my choice.: she answered the Nuva’s question. :I was betrayed. But I had work to do. So I made a deal. That’s the abridged version.:

:I’m sure there are some who would call me a crazy monster - one person’s monster is another’s savior. 

Now it was her turn to ask questions.

:So...a Forgemaster?: she began. Zataka - warlord of the south, the unconquered,defier of kings, terror of Kentoku, ruler of the archipelago, blessed mother of the Dasaka - knew a thing or two about getting stuck with too many titles. :What, exactly, does that entail?:

Her eyes were back on Axonn, the other titan now bringing his axe to bear. She gave Tuyet the old side-eye. “Care to explain what he’s on about?”

OOC: @Kal the Guardian@Unreliable Narrator@BULiK

• Like 1