Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

"Of the disks I took from Dume, three have been used," Atamai said. "Two were lost. The remaining one is with one of my friends. Viltia, I presume you attained NUVA from a Great Disk of your own making, correct?"

Atamai locked eyes with Axonn. "I'm not sure what rite you speak of, but there's no need for it. As I said, sending newly created Great Disks back will suffice to preserve the timeline. I..." Atamai's voice trailed off. Something on the edge of his hearing took his attention away from Axonn. A sound of grinding, and rattling chains.

"One moment," Atamai said. Activating his Haonga power, he teleported back to where Malhukuraia was chained up. The machine was standing, struggling viciously against its restraints. The NUVA bounded up into the cockpit. As the doors closed, the machine was still once more. 

What are you doing? Atamai thought. He got no direct reply, but he could feel how the kaita spirit sensed a riteborn within its vicinity. 

Your hatred will tear you apart. I see no riteborn here. I suppose I'll have to move you.

The chains and platform holding the mech began to be absorbed. Once they were gone, Atamai used the Haonga power once more to teleport himself and the mech far away. 

They reappeared outside of Tobduk-Koro. 

The machine stepped away from the village so that it wouldn't disturb the inhabitants too much. Atamai's elemental power recreated the metal platform and chains. The mech was bound once more.

The cockpit doors opened and Atamai stepped out of the ACR. He teleported back to the spot in Kini-Nui where he had been standing previously.

"Viltia, if you have unlocked your kaita ACR, you may want to check on it- mine seemed to think a Riteborn is near us," he said to the other NUVA. 

Atamai turned back to Axonn. "Now, as I was saying, you have the choice of returning to your time with Great Disks that we provide you, or you return empty-handed. Its your choice."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian @Eyru @everyone else in kini nui. Atamai has moved Malhukuraia out of the hex

• Like 2

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro Ruins ("Datrox Plaza")

The Aqua Sphere. That had to be it. It seemed everyone was after something there. Nale was somewhat surprised, however, by Knichou's request. Maybe not so much after experiencing the power of the Avohkii, but still impressed to see the Nynran repair his relationship with someone that, up to this point, he had openly hated. The Fa-Toa briefly smiled to herself at Knichou calling Aurax "brother." She then looked back to Caedast.

"You chose us?" Nale asked the Aspect, genuinely curious. "Us all meeting, coming together now...was never coincidence. Were you planning this even in Onu-Metru?"

@BULiK@~Xemnas~@EmperorWhenua

IC: Jutori - Elemental Ruins of Water

"Ah, right." He first donned his new Rau and waved to their Toa of Air companion. "Good luck, Skyra. It was...nice meeting you."

Jutori had almost forgotten about the slabs. He took one and had barely come into contact with it before it became apart of his new form, now an extra layer of armor that was reacting to his surroundings and adjusting. The presence of water nearby seemed to be making the adaptive armor change shape in case the Toa of Gravity would need to take a swim. He caught up with Kilo to the entrance. "So you want me to help you pilot that thing?"

@pokemonlover360@Snelly

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Varian - Metru-koro Ruins -

As the mask of light illuminated them all, Varian understood who Stannis was and his purpose. Varian had focused all his hatred and rage towards Mata Nui, but now he realized there was something bigger at play, Mata Nui was nothing but a pawn in the grand scheme of things. 

"I will assist however I am able. Use me as you will." 

@Tarn @BULiK @EmperorWhenua @~Xemnas~

IC: Skyra NUVA - Elemental Ruins of Water -

"Likewise." Skyra gave both Jutori and Kilo a quick salute as she started to head towards the exit of the ruins, her adaptive armor forming a jetpack on her back as she did. "I'll see you guys soon." With that she flew off towards Kini-nui. 

@Tarn @pokemonlover360 

---------------------------------------------

IC: Skyra NUVA - Kini-Nui -

Even as she flew towards Kini-Nui, Skyra could tell how much more control she had over her element. She was able to manipulate the wind currents with much more ease, using her powers to increase her travel speed as she flew through the sky. It wasn't too long before she could see Kini-Nui below her, and quite a few people were down there as well. She got lower so she could get a better glimpse of what was happening down there, but she could already tell that there was quite a bit of tension. "Well this looks like fun." 

So she flew lower and lower, till she was low enough to be within shouting distance of the majority present. "Yo #####es! Guess who's NUVA now?" She didn't really know any of these people save for a few, but she wanted to boast a bit. 

"Anyway what's up?" 

@Unreliable Narrator @BULiK @Vezok's Friend @Kal the Guardian @Smudge8 @anyone else I missed in kini-nui

• Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Berys & Taku Crew, Tobduk-Koro, The Taku, Bridge

Everyone on the Taku heard the whirring of gears as the four landing gear legs extended beneath the airship. Passengers felt a strange feeling of their internals rising slightly as Berys carefully managed the ship's descent, landing it right outside the village's gates. Arnex pulled the lever to open up the front paneling and lower the boarding ramp.

OOC: Okay, long enough wait, we've been busy with Stan stuff, but now the Taku has landed.

IC: Exuze, Kini-Nui, Templeside

The Su-Lesterin followed after Tuyet, more of a scared chase than the Toa's confident stride. He reached out his right hand towards Tuyet, pleading for her to hold back.

"Miss, I don't think this is a good idea."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Triage - The Taku (Bridge)

"Yeah, Rose knows all about that one," he replied to Vashni. He looked back to Berys once the Taku touched down and placed a hand on the Le-Matoran's shoulder. "Good landing. Now, I'll take the radio..."

The medic's voice came over the ship's loudspeaker. "Taku, this is your doc...captain...speaking," he said, "we've arrived at Tobduk-Koro. Feel free to disembark."

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

Rose stretched and left the bridge, making her way towards the ship's ramp. "Up and at 'em, people."

@BULiK@Snelly@Daniel the Finlander@everyone else on the ship

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Mazor-Kini-Nui

Mazor was swooping and wheeling through the sky above, seemingly oblivious to the conversation below. He was enjoying his new powers, the new sense of freedom that came from no longer being restricted to the ground. He smiled and laughed.

Then suddenly someone else came flying through his zone, someone faster and more skilled. And they gave off the same energy as Vilita and sidra had.

"Excuse me," he said, flying up next to skyra, "What brings you here?" He was a newcomer to the area himself, but he figured he should try and help, just in case the newcomer was a hostile.

@Snelly

• Like 1

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

"I'm here to kick ### and take names." Skyra said with a grin as she looked at Mazor, he looked a little thin but she wasn't one to judge. "Actually I came here to unlock my Kaita ACR when I saw this commontion going on and..."

@Smudge8

Edited by Snelly
stuff

IC: Berys, Tobduk-Koro Outskirts, The Taku, Bridge

The pilot was flushed at the attention Triage gave with his compliment and reassuring gesture that supported it. In retrospect the Le-Matoran shouldn't have been surprised that his best friend on the crew was paying attention to the little guys now that he was in charge, but had been so long since the doctor had been aboard, it still felt new. Most of the time over the past several weeks while the medic was on his away mission, Knichou and Nale felt like they were off in their own little world, barely giving any feedback to the longtime Matoran crew members. Well, Nale tried, but Knichou tried just as hard to keep their attention on each other.

"Any, uh, orders... captain?"

IC: Arnex, Tobduk-Koro Outskirts, The Taku, Boarding Ramp

Arnex sat silently on a crate inside the airship, looking at the village outside of the boarding ramp, wondering what had happened from the civilians' perspectives while they were out chasing kaiju.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Triage - The Taku (Bridge)

The medic thought for a moment. "It's been a long day," he replied, his chair turning slightly, now facing towards the other end of the ship. "The people here can help everyone from Ko-Pou get settled in. Just rest for now."

@BULiK@Snelly

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Berys, Tobduk-Koro, The Taku, Bridge

"I... think I can do that," a relieved Berys responded. It had been a long day. How long had he been up? Routine pre-flight checks at dawn... Stannis's airship arriving... ferrying Knichou around... storm... Tahtorak... into the storm... recovery... island gone... repairs... Knichou and Nale going out in the wilderness together, leaving the crew to figure things out by themselves... flying here in the moonlight...

Was that the sun? How long had Berys been flying? Needless to say, it had been a long day. Everything about it, down to the very passage of time itself, felt off. Maybe that was just the sleep deprivation talking, the Le-matoran wondered.

The thankful Le-Matoran finished powering down the airship, then carefully got out of the co-pilot's seat, gave Triage a loose nod, and stumbled out of the bridge. Berys took a right and entered the hallway of the crew quarters on the port side of the airship, walking past several other cramped rooms to find his own slice of the crew quarters. The room was just wide enough for a Toa to stand in, and it's length was only a few feet more than a Toa was tall. Built into the wall was a cot that didn't look comfortable but didn't look uncomfortable. Above and below the cot were a few drawers holding a few various personal effects. Model airships and gliders dangled on strings from the trussed beams of the ceiling.

The utterly exhausted Berys managed to slide into his sleeping area without major incident, before rapidly falling asleep.

The Taku quieted as the Kanoka stopped clanging and it came fully to rest for the first time in what felt like a long time. The weary airship rested, each of its variety of components gaining a brief reprieve from the stresses of flight before it would embark what might have been its final journey.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

IC: Sidra - Kumu Peninsula 

"He has a place of respite somewhere in the ruins of Metru Nui. If he isn't at your Kini Nui, I'd look there."

Sidra felt the first flickers of frustration building within her. The world was unraveling, and here she was chasing the tail of some senile old Toa instead of doing something more productive. The last thing she wanted to do right now was blunder into League territory - the only faction she hadn't managed to directly irritate - and start poking around for someone who could teleport away just as easily as she could. 

"Oh, Sidra. I hear Leklo yet lives. Interesting. You don't happen to know where he's at?"

"Vaguely," she said, nodding. "When I was searching for Stannis, I thought I sensed Leklo and some others here in Kumu. They were..." she took a moment to try to orient her current position with where her mind had been roaming earlier, but something else caught her eye before she could figure it out. As Korruhn turned, one of the arms of the corpse he was carrying slipped, its lifeless hand pointing lazily at the ground. Silver blood trickled down the arm... and familiar tattoos wound their way up it.

"Wait! Who is that?"

It couldn't be... could it? 

@Crimson Jester

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Cravious NUVA - Skakdi NUVA of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Remains of the Ruins of Fire

With - Whira

Cravious didn’t expect any of what transpired. As he stood where the Fire Ruins once had, he marveled. Not at how quickly his body was constantly healing, being damaged by the radiation and smoke and fire, only to be healed again. No. He marveled at how… free he felt.

The mesmerizing spell of his waking nightmare had been crippling him and he didn't even realize it. With this empowering transformation came a renewing of his mind. He was free from the shackles that had bound him. His mind was clear for the first time since entering Irnakk’s Tooth originally.

Cravious basked in the feeling, even as his armor fused to his body, his body melted down, and was instantly repaired. The pain was nothing compared to the bliss he felt. He didn’t even care that the reward hadn’t been something of monetary value. He could work with this to make all the widgets he would ever need.

Speaking of the reward, the Legendary Mask of Iron had fused to his face. He felt it in his organic protodermis muscles, throughout his whole form, ready to be called upon at a moment’s notice whenever or however he wanted. It was incredible to feel. But that wasn’t the best part.

The best part was being so in tune with his element that they were in all ways, except physical, one and the same. Small sparks constantly raced along his form, jumping to the bits of debris around him harmlessly. He knew he could summon Lightning bolts in any shape at a moment’s notice. He could even manipulate the electricity in his body to force his limbs to move as fast as thought. And it all was intuitive. He just knew.

A mask was on his face, the power sitting in his mind just like his vision powers. It was a feeling that was new and yet felt right. So this was how Toa and Vortixx felt. He wandered at its powers, though. He would figure it out, but later. He had seen something during his transformation. A dark shadow that had called to him. And he knew where it lay. Near the sacred temple Icarax had spoken of.

Cravious took stock of his surroundings and was surprised to find that his Mind Reading Kraata now pierced Whira’s thoughts like there was no resistance being offered against it. Her mind worked vastly different from a normal being’s combined with how everyone had a slight innate defense against mental probes made it hard to make out all of her thoughts and what they meant, but Cravious understood emotions. Confusion at the loss of her body. Happiness at achieving a goal. Determination to finish what she had started.

He tried to look where he sensed her mind, but she was nowhere to be seen. Bits of her armor were scattered around. It was a good thing she had taken off her Mask of Shadows back in the Cube. If his Kraata was more powerful, that meant she had accomplished another step of her Grand Wish. Surely she had to be close to finishing by now. Once she had, then-

He stopped, thinking about what he had decided earlier. He could take no chances. If he could gain Mind Reading powers, surely there could be some kind of cosmic reader out there that read his life like a book. His plans were his own, not something that could be perceived by another. So he kept them bottled up and out of view.

Cravious called out to the air that ravaged his lungs before they regrew almost immediately, “There is a second part to the reward. It lies near the Grand Temple. Once we get it then we can focus on finishing your Grand Wish. If you can, follow me to the Cube and I’ll get you another body. If you can’t follow, I’ll figure something out.” His voice was different. It wasn’t as harsh. He almost sounded… happy.

The newly christened Skakdi NUVA made sure he had all his things and strode away, ready to leave this now toxic environment that constantly assaulted his body.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

I hurt one of my fingers, so typing is kind of difficult but still okay. Will get out a Viltia response when I can.

• Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC Stannis | Metru Koro Ruins

"Free my Brother of his curse."

I shall do so,” Stannis acceded. “And what is the other thing you would ask of me?

"You chose us?" Nale asked the Aspect, genuinely curious. "Us all meeting, coming together now...was never coincidence. Were you planning this even in Onu-Metru?"

He nodded to Nale with somber sagacity. “The choices you made… were always your own, but everything I have done was to bring us to this moment. It was the only way.”

Edited by EmperorWhenua
color
  • Like 5

IC: Mazor-Kini-Nui

"Woah, Woah, Woah," Mazor raised his hands. He glanced towards the group. He hadn't been paying much attention to the conversation, but it was clear they were about to fight. "I don't think this is the best time to be barging in." He looked around the valley. From this height he could see several large doors similar to the one he had visited with Vilita. "I think those are the mech bays..." He said, his voice trailing off. He could see Vilita's door, and it was starting to bend under some sort of internal stress.

@Snelly

• Like 1

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

OOC: Music "Wednesday (Is The New Friday)"

IC: Barraki Ehlek | Mi-Kiri, Floating Barraki Fortress

Broken cells with doors torn away.

Slimy rocks slick with silver blood.

Deep chasms promising only despair.

Haunted.

No escape.

Hunted.

The cold waters rushed past Dekar as he swam between clumps of seaweed. The salty brine of the mutagenic waters threatened to alter him further as his air bubble became tenuous. Air was at a premium in the deep, and what little he collected from the seaweed farms now floated away as carbon dioxide in his escape to get away. His heartlight beat in rhythm with each powerful kick as he swam towards safety. Dekar saw Mahri Nui in the distance: a bubble of light and salvation from the endless dark. Just a little further, Dekar told himself, and he’d be safe at last.

He never made it. Vampiric energy squids latched to his struggling form before he reached the safety of the underwater city. He kicked his yellow legs and flailed his arms wildly. His knife slipped from his grasp as strength left him. He gave up with the knowledge the mask remained in safe hands. His part to play in the great story came to an end.

Gravity dragged Dekar down to the seafloor of The Pit. His eyes dimmed even as Mahri Nui’s hopeful glow reflected across the tide. He fell softly into the waiting arms of hungry convicts. They tore him apart and consumed what little could be scraped from his frame. Their weapons picked away at what remained fruitlessly and swam through the empty sockets of Dekar’s mask as it shifted deeper into the sands.

Barrki Ehlek felt the cold of the water and the taste of a fresh kill. It made him happy to experience these simple pleasures. He saw the other five hunched and mutated. He felt superior at last. This was not such a bad ending, he thought to himself. What made this a doomed narrative? They were still together here, although tormented and wracked with an insatiable need for revenge. 

He found that common motive again: revenge. They survived in prison for millenia just to spite those who put them there. They survived to get their bitter revenge, but it never worked. They never succeeded. 

The stories of the Prime Beings always ended in tragedy. It was their curse.

Why did the Barraki always require revenge? Why was it never about justice, or freedom, or love?

No, it was always revenge. No matter the world, the problem, or the ending the Barraki always sought revenge against those who wronged them. They never learned. They never evolved. He realized that those souls never had the opportunity to realize they were stuck on a path of doom every time.

Ehlek snapped his fingers and the world disappeared.

His eyes flickered open. The world looked sideways, and his arm blocked most of the view. His back hurt, and he could hear a data crystal falling to the floor somewhere in the lab. No doubt the sound came from one of the new vahki still coming to terms with a syphoned existence. Something sparked at the boundary of his peripheral vision. Monitor screens displayed the text being translated by one of his machines, and in the back of his mind those translations were being recorded and filtered into his memories. Nothing escaped him these days, but what happened between trips always came in a blur.

Ehlek yawned as memories settled in their proper place, sat up straight at his work desk, and felt the world right itself around him. His mechanical arms got to work typing on separate keyboards, recording his discoveries and cataloguing the errors in the trials. 

He stared at the object of his current fascination and spun it slowly with one of his other hands between his finger and the desk. The glowing rock left a small groove in the metal surface. He spun it harder and took note of the distance between the two trajectories. The lines formed ovals that overlapped. Why did they always overlap? 

What existed in the overlap? Another star system? Another memory of doomed revenge? More to the point of his research: what existed in the between?

“Nidhiki,” Ehlek said above the clacking of the keyboard keys. The green turaga stirred in the shadows of the lab but did not speak. Ehlek continued; “Nidhiki please deploy MI-8919-07. It’s time.”

Nidki left the room, staff clicking against the cold floor with each stride in the flickering light of overhead LEDs. 

“And Lhikan, please see to the Wellspring. We have guests.”

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Parnassus | The Caldera

"I...."

What was Parnassus to say to their father, who could slew them so easily where they stood -- or who could cast them out of Kumu forever, never to return to the land of their kin and forebears, in spite of whatever woes might befall them? To deny their father would be suicide ... but to accept their father....

"I.... I don't care to live forever in the wreckage of greater ages," Parnassus said. "I'm not you. I'm not Caedast. I don't want to rule anyone or save anyone. I'm no messiah, no god. I just...."

There was a moment of breathless silence.

"...I just want them to love me. I want someone in this world to love me,"  said the young Aspect. "And they will not do so if I abandon them to their fate, father."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Toru Nui @EmperorWhenua @TL01 NUVA @Keeper of Kraata

-Void

• Like 6

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Niidak (Tobduk-Koro/The Taku)

As the ship touched the ground and its hull shook, Niidak woke up. She almost fell asleep again before she heard Triage's announcement, which loudly echoed inside the ship. For a brief moment she was alarmed by waking up in an unfamiliar place, but quickly remembered where she was. She pushed herself up and groaned. It had been a while since she had properly slept, and now she wished the flight had lasted longer. However, her own wellbeing was a secondary concern. She decided to check the ship's engines and see if they were still fully operational after the journey. On the way outside, she passed by Arnex and nodded a greeting to her as she descended the ramp.

She had never been to Tobduk-Koro before, so she took a look at the village. It appeared smaller than Kini-Koro which did not surprise her. The sandy desert landscape did seem far less hospitable than the lush valley of Kini-Koro. Yet now, the village was filled with refugees from there. She wondered if there was enough food and other supplies for everyone before realizing she didn't care.

She closely inspected the engines one by one. Despite having been created out of thin air, they still appeared to function properly.

OOC: open for interaction while she's outside the ship i guess @Toru Nui your gang can ask her about the captain for example

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Ruins, Datrox Plaza

The thought of everything they'd been through leading to this moment... when Caedast and Nale said it aloud, it made too much sense. Ever the methodical engineer, Knichou was often quick to focus on the causality within reality, to dismiss serendipity for coincidence. Years ago, he wouldn't consider himself a believer in matters of destiny. For a time, the collapse of his homeland and eventually his universe lead him astray of such childish beliefs as destiny and hope. Regretfully living through more apocalypses than most lifetimes would ever endure and seeing so much on the brink of collapse for so long was not an environment that sparked hope. Knichou was initiated in an order of secrecy, forged in the crucibles of betrayal and failure, tempered by the solitude of his ostracism, and stained with the blood of the untold masses slain directly and indirectly by his actions and inactions. Before love pierced his impenetrable armor, before he was cleansed by the forgiveness of others, before he learned to begin to accept his own absolution, destiny was a joke.

Why was Stannis in that district of Onu-Metru that fateful afternoon? Why was Nale? Why were both strangers willing to put their bodies on the line for a matoran they had never met to explore a conspiracy any rational citizen would dismiss? Why would Nale admit breaking the rules she held most dear to a Matoran she'd met the day prior? Why did Aurax find Stannis, and why did Caedast forgive the Fe-Matoran's inevitable betrayal? Why, of the cursed few who survived the destruction of everything, were these four sinners spared? Time and time again, the paths all four Toa walked coincided in too many ways to be a mere coincidence.

Caedast was right - these were not predestined outcomes, but rather the natural actions and reactions playing their course, until eventually a pattern emerged from which one could interpret meaning. Things could have easily not been worse, more chaotic. Things could also have been less disastrous. Things were what they became, and the fact that the wills of each of the Companions drew them together was testament to their unity, and from which could be derived a shared duty, and a greater meaning. Perhaps that was a Destiny Knichou could believe in. If this didn't convince Knichou to believe in the force of Destiny and to renew his vows with the three virtues... what would?

“I shall do so,” the Aspect agreed. “And what is the other thing you would ask of me?”

Knichou waited a moment, taking care in choosing the right way to ask his other request.

"I have a promise to keep," Knichou began. "You may remember Sidra NUVA from when she assassinated Dume. She's much more than that. She aided me in the end in Metru-Nui, she found her own self-actualization in her quest for atonement on Zakaz, she helped me... save myself from myself rather recently."

"Sidra has proven time and time again that she desperately wants to help fix our universe, however right now, she doesn't know how to, beyond Nuju's solution of freeing Krom with the Makoki stones. Like I have done, and like Turaga Sans and Dume did before me, she's found a solution and is dedicated on taking it. She's more like me than I'd like to admit at times... but she's better than I was, she's more open to other ways out."

"Sidra deserves her shot, and I want her to join us. I owe it to her to give her the chance be a part of the solution. If this universe is worth saving, if all of this is meant to mean anything, she needs to be one of those who saves it. That is my only qualm."

"Find her. Tell her... tell her that her favorite Ghost said hi first. Tell her what is learned must be forgotten. Tell her she is a creator. Tell her that Krom 's instructions are unnecessary, that by forgetting them, we can create our own Destiny. Let her see through your eyes. Ask her to be our Companion."

"She's searching for you and Korruhn, she wants your Makoki stones. Perhaps you can find her by letting yourself be found."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

I can do this also,” he said. “But I need something else from you.” The aged wizard pointed at his Kanohi. “This… is giving my stage-four arthritis a run for its money.

He futzed in his satchel for a moment with sinewy fingers that trembled with ever articulation. Finally he pulled out a pretty stone and handed it to Knichou but nodded to Aurax as well. “This is a gift… for both of you, engineers. I told you in Onu-Metru that I preserved the designs of Nynrah. Now, you have them as well. Among them is a box strong enough to contain a soul.” His lips quivered in pain as he waited for one of them to take the memory crystal from him. 

Make it for me. Please.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
color
  • Like 3

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Ruins, Datrox Plaza

Knichou gave a nod of thanks and took hold of the memory crystal. 

"Of course," he agreed, sounding almost dumbstruck. After a moment to collect his feelings, he continued. "Thank you for letting me see my home one last time."

The Fe-Toa glanced at the others around him. "Letting us see it."

The commander sat down in the dirt, cross legged, hands resting on his knees. The former Ghost's optics shut, and a few moments later, his armor shifted to a clothlike nanoweave, taking the shape of ceremonial Nynran tunic and robe that Aurax and Stannis would recognize. Runes adorned the fabric, the ancient patterns woven with gold.

OOC: More on this later. Until I sort that post out, join hands to share the memory and have your characters see it for themselves. Or not.

Edited by BULiK
added dialogue, makes things easier to play off of
  • Like 3

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro Ruins ("Datrox Plaza")

Nale remembered when Stannis and Knichou had looked into a memory crystal, although it occured to her she had not taken part nor seen what was inside for herself--it was just retold to her. Knichou's garb made this seem like a more elaborate ritual than she had assumed. She sat next to Knichou and took his hand. 

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Knichou, Memory Crystal, Nynrah

Gulls squawked. Three visitors came to be, sitting in a grassy field, overlooking a massive chalk cliff. Waves lapped against a sandy shore hundreds of bio below the sheer cliff face. The endless blue of sky and sea stretched as far as they could see. They were living within the memory of another, but it was reconstructed with the context they shared. Every blade of grass was as much that of the crystal's preserved memory of Nynrah as their own memories of home. From atop the mountain cliffs and in clear weather, they could see most of the island behind them, with several villages dotting the rolling, pastoral hills.

The three Toa were not as they appeared in reality, but who they saw themselves as. Knichou's armor had adapted for a reason - to it, he was on a visit to a sacred museum in times of peace. The robes were ceremonial, but not impractical, as to the Ghosts, creation was worthy of ceremony, and practicality was in fashion. Unlike Knichou's adaptive armor's facsimile, in the memory Knichou's clothing was made from a rugged white cloth with its many glyphs sewn in with a golden-dyed thread.

A silver-colored Fe-Matoran in similar garb to Knichou strolled into view behind the group. The Ghost wore an Iden, and where he walked, perception was heightened. Grass became sharper, not just being in focus, but having seemingly microscopic levels of detail. The Fe-Matoran passed through Knichou like a ghost as he walked to the edge of the cliff, stood still, and looked down.

Edited by BULiK
wrong song. wording
  • Like 1

IC, Aurax: Memory Crystal-Nynrah

Aurax looked around to find himself in his first homeland of Nynrah. It was just as he remembered, before he had taken a darker path in life.

He looked over at Knichou and realized that the other Toa was taller than him. The Barraki looked down and realized that he had taken on the form of a Matoran, likely due to associating his Matoran self with much happier times on Nynrah.

Aurax glanced at the incorporeal Fe-Matoran that passed through Knichou. He scratched his head and waited to see what would happen.

• Like 2

IC: Nale Vella - Memory Crystal (Nynrah)

The island of Nynrah so far reminded Nale of her own home, and simpler times. Less...violent ones. She realized that, like Aurax, she had appropriately returned to her Matoran form within the memory. Her blue had returned to gunmetal and black. Her adaptive armor was now a simple garment resting on her shoulders, with intricate patterns. Her spear was primitive-looking, hanging from her back. 

She watched the Iden-wearing Ghost phase through Knichou and look over the cliff. She wanted to ask his identity, but figured she would find out soon enough.

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Elemental Ruins of Water:

Together the machine and its gravity toa companion traveled out the temple’s entrance back into the cave behind the waterfall. Bits of nanites traveled around the mechanical enforcer’s body, waterproofing areas where moisture began to build up. When the pair spoke next, the adaptive armor they both wore activated radio receivers so they could communicate without having to raise their voices.

"So you want me to help you pilot that thing?"

Affirmative,” the machine responded to Jutori. “Ally Jutori’s upgraded elemental powers will be invaluable for aerial based missions. Greater ability variety enhances Patiwairutiki’s adaptability for situations. This unit is already constructing possible plans combining all current powers.”

The pair continued past the waterfall out of the cave before the machine continued. “That is not the only reason. There is also the fact tha-” Skyra interrupted, wandering past the pair before giving a wave as she vanished into the morning sky.

“...There is a direct portal to Kini-Nui in the NUVA room of the temple. Flying to Kini-Nui is inefficient. Anyway, there is also the fact that this unit appreciates Ally Jutori’s company. Ally Jutori continues to display loyalty and a desire to help and support others even without obvious rewards. That selfless quality is why this unit wanted to give the NUVA Proxima transformation to Ally Jutori. This unit appreciates having a reliable companion to trust and to make up for this unit’s limitations.”

The machine was silent for a moment as it eyed the distance between the Cliffside trail they were on and the mech they were preparing to board. With a wordless command a large jetpack formed on the NUVA’s back while smaller maneuvering thrusters appeared on its legs. The formerly grounded construct slowly made its first moves into the air, somewhat awkwardly directing its motion. Its head rotated back towards Jutori.

Also Ally Jutori answers direct questions in a concise manner. That is apparently a rare trait in this world.”

OOC: @Tarn@Snelly

• Like 5

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Spiriah | Kumu Peninsula

The shade’s laughter subsided as Parnassus revealed himself and made their connection evident. Spiriah’s shadow-forged body opened its arms wide and the space between its outspread arms became a strange stage of shadow puppetry. It told the story of those who loved unrequited. Spiriah spoke as it went;

“Yes, Parnassus, you wish to be loved. That is who you are. You wish to be a great legend, and you know nothing else. Well then I will help you in this once, for you have sworn your kinship with your utterance.”

A golden stone fragment rose from the earth on a dais of basalt and dirt. Parnassus noticed how the shape of the object made it look like a portion of a larger whole, perhaps a sphere. It flickered with a yellow light within reach of the young aspect. Spiriah continued;

“Take this. Hold it and feel the power it has over the lives of all. Give it to those who you wish would love you. You will see they care nothing for you then. They will not love you. Their time is ending anyways, and it will make no difference: it will only delay their inevitable decay. We will linger as the cycle begins anew. You crawled from the Far Shore through the Caldera in this cycle and still have much to learn. You have a fascination with those that dream, Parnassus. Do not let that fascination turn you into a pawn, my son. Take your power back, Parnassus. You must take it from them in exchange for their worship. There is no other way: only faith in their power to destroy.”

Spiriah’s voice grew louder as the aged aspect addressed those assembled behind Parnassus. Leklo, Ostrox, Waveahk, Keitara, Skorm, and Irna all felt the words as if they were meant for each of them alone; 

“My mesi have found those you hunt, and they have someone I want. You wish to destroy the void-touched nightmare named Korruhn. It will be like putting down a rabid kavinika for his transformation is nearly complete. I will tell you where he is to be found, but you must bind yourselves in worship to me and bring to me the dead matoran at Desecration Rock. I wish to use them as a surprise tool for later. You will find a little faith and goodwill is well worth the effort, for the end is near and my ascension is imminent. All I need from each of you is a little heart and a simple prayer in my name. Bring me what I seek and I will reward you further."

OOC: @Void Emissary, in placating and stroking Spiriah's ego you have received a Makoki Fragment. @TL01 NUVA, @Keeper of Kraata, @EmperorWhenua, @Toru Nui your characters are being offered desecration.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 3

Happy chat.

Stannis' muscles and bones screamed with every movement he took, but even still the wizard painfully took a seat in the group to share in the memory of the Nynran's previous home-away-from-home. It was never their permanent home, but it was where their culture coalesced and their identities as engineers were nurtured, so in many ways that became the thing they would always call home. A chosen home, like a chosen family, was real

Without a sign of awkwardness on his face he took hold of both Nale and Aurax's hands. He was alien to them, and still the most familiar friend they could imagine—there was nothing to keep Stannis from embracing them wholeheartedly. Companions needed companionship. 

In their dreamscape, Nale, Knichou, and Aurax beheld as a single ball of flame materialized in the air like a match coming alight. It was then joined by another, and another, until ten dozen such flames grew into a great ball of many fiery eyes. Wisps of smoke and tendrils danced and flicked to the sides like whiskers before they were given fullness and definition, manifesting as a multitude of wings that shimmered around the eyes like the petals of an enormous rose. The feathers of the wings appeared as lines of runic text, and their fluttering gave the illusion of the pages of an incredibly vast tome flicking by rapidly. It was clear to the others that this was Caedast as she truly was, free from the shackles of mortal body and coil.

"Fear not," it said in a rumbling voice like thunder a hundred miles away.

IC Leklo | Kumu

12 minutes ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

"You wish to destroy the void-touched nightmare named Korruhn. It will be like putting down a rabid kavinika for his transformation is nearly complete. I will tell you where he is to be found, but you must bind yourselves in worship to me and bring to me the dead matoran at Desecration Rock. I wish to use them as a surprise tool for later. You will find a little faith and goodwill is well worth the effort, for the end is near and my ascension is imminent. All I need from each of you is a little heart and a simple prayer in my name.

"NO!" Leklo screamed suddenly, coming from the back and shoving everyone else in front of him out of his way as he drew his weapons. "No!" White-hot fire tinted the edges of his blades, but it was not as bright as the intensity in his eyes.

He would defend his friend no matter what even if it meant punching this dark god in the nuts himself. 

What are the chances of succeeding? he wondered.

What are the chances... of this being having nuts to punch?

• Like 6

IC: Knichou, Memory Crystal, Nynrah

Knichou looked around him, noticing to his surprise that the other companions were Matoran. He remembered Aurax's Fe-Matoran past all too well, but seeing Nale as a matoran felt strange. As the Fe-Toa looked down to her, he wondered if this was what it was like from her perspective when she met him in Onu-Metru. Seeing her in her younger form, unscarred by countless trials she faced as a Toa Rode, filled Knichou with wonder. If only they could have met in a time like now, in a place like the memory they were sharing, perhaps they would have gotten to live out the more peaceful lives they longed to share together, instead of the several weeks of working and fighting tirelessly to secure that freedom for other Matoran. However, perhaps the strife they overcame together is what strengthened their love and gave them purpose. Maybe if they helped Caedast ensure that safe future, they would no longer need to be the Toa on the front lines, defending the Matoran. Knichou gazed at these nostalgic fields and wished they could retire here...

But there was still a future to create.

"Fear not."

Caedast's arrival was a surprise, but not an unwelcome one. When the three dreamwalkers glanced back to each other after seeing Caedast's true form, they noticed Knichou was also his Matoran self. His legendary Kanohi retained it's golden luster and green laurels, but his body was it's old silver, with gauntlets and forearms having a cool blue hue, and with a parting in his tunic revealing a 'N' in matoran script emblazoned via a similar color in his thin adaptive armor above his heartlight. Knichou saw his fellow matoran and smiled, feeling a warmth of fitting in once more. Battles would need to be fought, but for now, they could walk in peace as one of the people, not taking the physical forms of heroes.

The group's perception was drawn back to the unknown fe-matoran, who shuffled sideways along the cliff's edge. He stopped when he reached a rock etched with a carving of a circle emitting rays in eight directions, with an outer semicircle connecting the lower five. The Fe-Matoran turned around to face the interlopers, splayed his arms outwards, and leaned backwards, falling off of the cliff unceremoniously. The air was still, with the dreamwalkers anticipating the sickening echo of a crunch that never came.

In the distance far beyond the shore, many specks floated in the air and on the surface of the sea. Occasionally, some erupted into flashes of light and smoke. Sounds were heard with many seconds of delay after such events. There was always a low rumble of battle to be heard if one searched for it behind the overpowering sounds of waves splashing and wind gushing. It was impossible to perceive much within the distant chaos, but its distant presence lead to a familiar foreboding. They were here for a reason, and so was the memory.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

IC: Nale Vella - Memory Crystal (Nynrah)

Nale was initially startled by Caedast's appearance. It was something eldritch and...different. A shape unrecognizable to the Toa form the Aspect had worn as Stannis. But "fear not," she was told, and so she did not. Nale returned her attention to the Iden-wearer, and instead of being introduced to him like she expected, she instead watched as he fell to what had to be his doom. She gasped. Nothing followed.

Battle was occuring in the distance. Did this memory take place near the start of the League war? She continued to wonder where this was going. What she could learn from it.

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC [Zataka - Kini-Nui]

The titan’s attention was torn between those present and newly arrived around her. Axonn, Tuyet, Exude, Viltia, her sudden duplicates, Skyra’s arrival...and not just hers.

She suddenly felt another mental nudge as Scarrow made their presence known to her. The Zivon felt...anxious. Besides her, Weaver felt similarly, both kaiju acutely aware of the presence of the nearby Kaita in their bunkers. How many of the blasted things were active here anyhow? She wasn’t entirely how she even knew of the danger they posed, it was more instinctual than anything else. Regardless, the riteborn titan would have to act soon. 

Multiple options had been presented to her: Tuyet’s goal was to return Axonn to his rightful time and place, Nuju wanted her to visit this mysterious Far Shore. Neither aligned with the path she’d elected already. To deviate now might doom them all if the worst came to pass. But in order to prevent that from happening she might be forced to abandon the great temple, in order to pacify the massive machine warriors hidden nearby -  especially if this spunky Nuva newcomer was about to bring another one online. If they got loose and attacked her she would have no choice but to let her friends come out from beyond the veil to play. Either that, or she’d have to put the Kaita into stasis until this was over. She briefly entertained the idea to just lounge atop one of the immobilized Kaita’s bunkers  and observe the end of the world. At least she’d look good while doing that.

Stop it. You're neither that vain nor that fatalistic. Get with the program!

No, continuing her quest was the best option. Axxon’s arrival at least had one positive effect, unintentional as it may have been: He’d confirmed that the Nuva here were speaking the truth. And that, combined with Atamai Nuva’s affirmation of Viltia’s forging skills, turned Zataka’s focus back to the other Toa: 

:Time is running short and it seems much of it will be wasted with fighting, especially if I linger here - unless we act fast and work together. If whatever’s consuming the island can not be fixed in time, we need a way out. I happen to know of one…: she suddenly paused, hesitant.

The gravity of the situation was not lost on her. Zataka was not used to asking for help. She hated the feeling of vulnerability it created in her. But she forced that feeling back down. This was too important. :...but I require assistance. If you truly are as skilled at creating masks, take me to your forge and I will explain.:

OOC: Not as polished as I'd like, but gotta keep things moving ;)

@Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator+

IC: [Nixie, Vhisola & Co. - Aboard the Taku]

Vhisola sat up in the seat she'd spent the airship journey in as she felt the shudder of the landing gear touching down. She ran a hand over the top of her mask and turned to Nixie and whoever else was nearby and proclaimed: 

"Another happy landing!"

OOC: @BULiK

Edited by Vezok's Friend
  • Like 3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Tekmo, Waveahk and Ostrox (Kumu Peninsula, Antidermis Caldera) - An Assassin’s Life for Me

Before the wriggling and the pain and the owww, Parnassus mentioned something about Korruhn and how he pretended to be an Aspect, and a Matoran called Grime and Miserix... oh, and now this 'Spiriah' was willing to actually be helpful... but the one called Leklo was interfering.

"Put down your weapons, or I’ll put you down." He said, pointing his Zamor Launcher at the Toa. Part of him wasn’t sure why he was doing this, but the mutation affecting his mind and his overwhelming urge to KILL KORRUHN was overriding that part. "I finally have something willing to help me! To give me straight answers about Korruhn! About this cursed thing in my arm! I will not be denied now by you and your 'Unity' KANE-RA MANURE!"

Tekmo drew his shield in response. "Now, let’s discuss this calmly-"

"'Dead Matoran'?" Ostrox piped up. "Why didn’t you say so earlier?"

"Oh dear."

Ostrox wasn’t certain if he could trust Spiriah... but he was out of options. All or nothing. And if Irna and her 'friends' happened to disagree... good.

"Maybe we got off on the wrong foot. You see, I need to kill that Mata Nui I was talking about earlier to save the universe, and you seem to be on his level, so perhaps you can help me after all. Which way is the Rock?"

@Unreliable Narrator@Void Emissary@EmperorWhenua@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

IC: Ulkarr, NU-8020S, Enra, Gnabol, Lawful, Obedient, Impressionable and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro, The Taku, Boarding Ramp) - Zeroes and Ones

NU-8020S was making her way off the ship when...

"Mother!"

"Good. I see you are all - where is Reckless?"

"I sent him to Kini-Koro."

"Why." This was not a question. This was a demand.

"My, uh, pet needed disinfectant-"

"I should not have even asked..." NU-8020S held her palm over her eyes, and shook her head slightly. "Lawful, get him back here now."

Lawful chirped an affirmative and began scuttling to the ruins.

"Squad Mother. We have identified the source of the titan-class Rahi that are attacking us."

"We require the use of this airship."

"If you could just, y’know, drop us off near the volcano, that’d be lovely."

"How do you-"

"I provided the information. It is common knowledge to the island’s native inhabitants. Enra can corroborate my testimony."

"Yeah. Big volcano, spooky stuff underneath, that’s where the big beasties are coming from."

"I believe I did mention it during our various discussions-"

"Apologies. I am certain you must have done, but I often delete memory of our conversations, since most of them are just you endlessly prattling on."

"Your attempt at humour is wasted. We both know you are far too intelligent to chance erasing important information from your mind."

Wayward narrowed his optics and clenched his fists, already intending on deleting this part of this conversation.

"In any case, I am afraid I am not in charge of this vessel. As we speak, evacuees from Ko-Pou are departing, and the meatbag in command has disappeared, not long after I insulted him and his breeding partner."

"You wot?"

"He committed manslaughter and acted as if he had done nothing wrong. I will discuss it with you some other time. The Matoran named Berys is now in charge."

"Then I will speak with him, instead. Enra, Gnabol, please accompany me."

"Uh, why us?"

"We’re not exactly-"

"Your organic nature will appeal to inherent bias, and your combined experience of the volcano and the titans will help to be more compelling."

"Oh, OK."

"'Inherent bi'-aren’t we all, technically, a little bit robot? Biomechanical, right? I..." Enra’s voice trailed off as she, Ulkarr and Gnabol walked up the ramp aboard the ship, navigating past the flow of refugees coming off the Taku.

"Would it not have been more efficient to transport Ko-Pou’s populace via the portal network?"

"It would have taken them through Kini-Koro, which we had reason to believe was under attack at the time."

"And?"

"They would have been in danger."

"And?"

"They could have died."

"And?"

"Remind me to schedule you for repairs once our people are freed." Wayward nodded, having zero intention of giving that reminder.

"Collector." The Vahki addressed the Vortixx. "Please explain what has been happening on your end. I lost connection with you through my Staffs of Presence some time ago."

@Harvali

IC: Achro, Navu and Klawne (Tobduk-Koro, The Taku, Exterior) - Pyroshell

Navu nervously crept up to where Niidak was, near the engine. "Hey, uh, do you know where Knichou went-"

"Ah, there you are!" Achro interrupted, Klawne stumbling after him. "Remember me? You offered to replace my Kanohi back in Kini-Koro - I didn’t want to, at first, but giving the matter some thought... I... this thing doesn’t work anymore. It has sentimental value, I don’t wanna get rid of it, but I’m gonna need a new one. So, uh... how much? I still don’t have any money, just so we’re clear."

Klawne was eyeing Achro nervously - and somewhat sadly - as she had done for the whole trip.

@Daniel the Finlander

• Like 2

IC: Forgemaster Viltia NUVA - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui, near the Airship

With - Zataka, Tuyet, Exuze, Axxon, Atamai

A lot was going on that Viltia didn’t understand. The large being seemed to be in pain. It showed through in his stance for a moment. And then there were words he spoke. He didn’t seem to care about the Great Discs she could potentially make. Wouldn’t that fix everything? Was it the Aspect within him speaking its own goals?

But the Ga-Toa Tuyet and Atamai NUVA, they both really were thieves of Atamai’s own admission, how could she trust them with what was right? The only beings here she trusted fully so far were the flighty Lesterin and the Rite-born. Why couldn’t it be easy to know what was the right thing? Viltia wished Sidra was here, she would know what to do.

She nodded yes to Atamai’s question about making her own Great Disc before he heard something and disappeared. The ensuing silence was agonizing as Viltia tried to figure out what she should say and do. Thankfully Atamai returned with a way out. As he spoke, Viltia gave a sideways glance to Zataka. Viltia knew exactly why the Kaita ACRs were freaking out. She would need to relocate hers as well, then. She couldn’t have Twekohui attacking her new friend.

Viltia looked around the group, a momentary distraction overtaking her as she felt the presence of another Toa NUVA and looked up just as the new NUVA shouted down in a manner of prideful boasting and profanity. It was the one from earlier who had recklessly shot rockets into the sky. That was just great. Why did she have to get NUVA? Viltia wasn’t too happy with that. In fact, she was rather unhappy with the turn of events. Mazor flew up to Skyra, though, keeping the ruffian from interfering rashly, which was for the betterment of the entire situation.

Then Zataka spoke to her mind again, offering a solution to the problems before her. It seemed like Zataka needed help with something that could in turn help everyone else. Viltia could definitely get behind that!

She thought back, Let me get my Kaita mech out of here so it doesn’t try to kill you or the… whoa, now the two Zivons that I assume you are somehow controlling. Viltia looked at where the second Zivon was, seeing nothing but empty air. It was kind of creepy knowing some massive monster was there and could attack, yet not seeing any evidence of its presence.

She continued, Then you can meet me by the bunker I take my mech from when I return. My new forge is the Air Suva. I can access it and work on Kanoka and Kanohi from here. I’d be happy to help you out. Especially if it helps out everyone else too.

Viltia shifted her perspective from Zataka and back to the group, “I need to go make sure Twekohui doesn’t hurt himself. Please don’t try to kill each other.” Viltia merged into her Muaka, shook her now massive head as she adjusted to the new form, turned to face the bunker her Kaita mech sat in, and teleported away.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Eyru @Unreliable Narrator @BULiK @~Xemnas~

IC: Cravious NUVA - Skakdi NUVA of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Ash Barrens

The pain of the area slowly ebbed from him. Its vile touch finally left him as he came to where the Cube lay hidden among the large, ashen charcoal trees. Thoughts of the Zivon didn’t even enter his mind.

Instead, Cravious realized he felt another power flowing through him. It was a power as great as his new Iron control. Could it be the Great Disc used in the unlocking of his upgrade? Well, only one way to find out. Cravious pointed a finger gun at a nearby tree and fired a quick beam of white, pure energy that undulated rapidly as it traveled through the air. It struck the tree without noise but then immediately the tree grew in size. It kicked up a cloud of ash as its roots tore through the ground. Its branches broke through the other trees with a great snapping and crashing. With just a quick application of power, it stood three times its original height, towering over the meager dead forest.

Cravious looked at it in awe, coughing on the ash, then slowly smiled. To him, that tree represented all the widgets his new power could earn him. The tree groaned under its new weight, its form not designed to be that large. One of its limbs snapped off like a mere twig and crashed to the ground with a heavy thud. Craviuos waved away the ash, keeping the lesson the limb taught him in mind. Just because something got bigger, it didn’t mean it could be bigger and stay just as structurally sound.

One of the many doors to the Cube opened as he approached. Sagacious saw him and gasped, a hand going to her mouth and the other to her weapon. She quickly eased up. It was as she had first thought, it truly was Cravious.

He grinned as he stepped through the doorway, “Turns out we unlocked an upgrade for ourselves.” He turned and made sure the door stayed open for when Whira showed up. He turned back to Sagacious, “Well, I got an upgrade. Not quite sure what happened to Whira, but I think it was a good thing. I’m sure she’ll be along shortly.

Sagacious nodded, optics marveling at Cravious’ new form and silver armor.

Cravious noticed she was shorter than normal. He looked around. Everything was shorter than normal.

He was taller.

Huh.

Incredible.

Cravious also noted he couldn’t really read Sagacious’ mind. Though the more he thought about it, the more it made sense. She was the one that had taught him how to mentally defend himself, after all. He wondered if he had enough power to break through her defenses. He would have to try when he had the time.

He scaled a ladder to the second story catwalks and called down to her, “When Whira gets here, take us west, southwest.” She called out an affirmative as he walked along the metal catwalks. Cravious noted how his footsteps sounded heavier. He was probably on par with the meanest of Skakdi on the island now. Too bad most of them were dead or stranded at sea.

Cravious came to a vault. On its door was a large box with a single handle wired into it. Inside was a complex lock with hundreds of combinations. One had to be a Skakdi of Lightning and grab the elemental channeling handle, shutting off the electricity already running through the lock until only the correct pathway was lit and powered. Then the door would open to the secure protosteel room.

Whereas it took concentration before, now Cravious didn’t even need to lift a finger. The correct combination was input and the door unlocked with a thought. He swung it open, noting the ease with which he did it. He must be stronger now, too. This upgrade only got better and better.

He stepped inside the room, bringing in fresh air to the otherwise still and stagnant atmosphere of the vault. The dormant red lighting flickered and changed to a bright blue/white as the lights turned on as he stepped in. Besides the other things that were valuable enough to keep locked up, what he was looking for sat off to one side, dead optics peering ominously at him.

Three Aspect bodies sat before him, a fourth almost complete but needing just a little more work. It sat in pieces, wires running from the unattached limbs and into the main torso. In a mesh weave sack off to one side hung various other parts or prototypes for other Aspect bodies. Legs and arms stuck out at weird angles. Heads were missing optics, hands were missing fingers, and a few hollow torsos were missing any gearing. But he didn’t need any spare parts in his current endeavor.

Whira might need a new body after her last one exploded, and he knew which one she would like best. She was simple and straightforward in accomplishing her goals. She was about the acquiring and holding of power.

Cravious grabbed the third of the three completed bodies, giving it a quick once over to make sure it was ready to contain an Aspect’s gaseous form. For a quick moment, he thought about rigging it to explode should he ever need to keep Whira from betraying him, but then he remembered the Kaita. Whira had somehow gotten it to carve out its own Heartlight. If she wanted him dead, there was nothing he could do.

The thought sent a shiver down his spine, humbling him slightly.

But no, that would never happen. He was far too useful, too important. He would be her right hand Skakdi even when she ascended to whatever it was that Aspects got when they accomplished their Grand Wishes.

Cravious slung the body over his shoulders and left the vault, locking it behind him. This time, he took the catwalks to a set of stairs and carefully walked down them, longer legs giving him just a bit of trouble. He propped up the body and opened the valve in the throat, giving Whira free access to possess it when she showed up.

That done, he moved over to one of his many work desks, shoving aside the plans there and bringing out his book on Kanoka forging. He turned on a lamp and flipped the book open.

Okay, he needed to figure out the mask he had gotten and how to make a creating mask for Irnakk. Once Whira showed up, then they could get moving.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

• Like 2

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Knichou (& bunnying Caedast), Memory Crystal, Nynrah, Cliffside

Knichou and Aurax both knew the rumors of a sacred vault that were pervasive within the ranks of the Ghosts, but given the guild's loose organizational structure, few Ghosts could actually claim to know such a Keeping Place's existence for certain, let alone its location or how to gain entrance. Perhaps the Ghost who gave this memory to Stannis for safekeeping was one of the few that knew of it. Perhaps he just saw the approaching League blockade over the horizon, heard the prophecies of the inevitable invasion and defeat, and decided to die a free Matoran instead of living to see his homeland burn and his people enslaved.

Knichou walked over to where his fellow Ghost had fallen. He leaned his head over the side, looked down, and saw an empty beach. The Iden-bearer wasn't clinging to the rock face, buried in the sand, or floating lifeless in the foamy waters. In fact, there was no sign of any disturbance at all.

He looked back to Caedast's unfathomable form, and the only things that were clear was the Aspect was still in pain from the Avohkii, and that she trusted that handholding was unnecessary for the three seasoned companions. She would observe and reassure, but reserved her energies for her autoimmune battle with her kanohi's element. Caedast had seen this battle firsthand, along with countless more on the yet-unscorched fields behind them. She was the only reason such a record survived the apocalypse, and while reliving it through the eyes of this Ghost with her Companions was informative to a degree, it was more important for the three matoran in front of her to discover and use the knowledge within. The phantasm drifted closer, but did not utter a word, not that words were necessary when sharing minds and memories.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC: Irna | The Caldera

Like Waveahk, Irna was not sure why she drew her bow and pointed an arrow at this man Leklo's head. She was no one's hired killer, not anymore. But Waveahk did speak truly -- this Spiriah was proving to be Keitara's best bet and finding the answers she was looking for. And Irna could not simply let that bet be destroyed when they had come so far already.

So, cursing herself, she whispered to Leklo:

"Please, not now, sir. Not like this. This, here, is not a fight that will do any of us any good."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Toru Nui @EmperorWhenua @TL01 NUVA @Keeper of Kraata

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

"What do you mean it's not the best time to barge in!? I always-" Skyra stopped her rant abruptly as she glanced towards the mech bays. "On second thought you're right..." She wordlessly flew in towards the mech bays, she needed to stop getting distracted and do what she came here to do. She landed before one of the massive doors that still held a sleeping Kaita ACR behind it. 

"It's about time I did what I was meant to do..." Skyra didn't even hesitate to raise up her hands and start powering her energy and power into the door. She wasn't one to stand on ceremony after all. 

@Smudge8 @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Knichou, Memory Crystal, Nynrah, Cliffside

Aurax's leap of faith sent him further from the cliff's edge than the Iden-bearer's relaxed fall. The Fe-Matoran fell, waiting for his trust in suicidal matoran and vague cryptic graffiti to be rewarded.

Knichou leaned over the edge, watching his former enemy fall bio after bio towards the sand below. The commander also began to hope that you couldn't die inside of a memory crystal... that wasn't a subject matter he was an expert in...

A third of the way through the fall, as it appeared that Aurax might be deeply regretting his decision, the Barraki vanished. Knichou blinked.

~~~

Aurax came to a sudden, but not discomforting, halt. The Fe-Matoran was suspended in the air by an unseen force. If he looked above him, he could see a puzzled Knichou looking in his direction, but not looking at him. A few moments later, the Barraki was pulled towards the cliff wall, which he passed through like it didn't exist. Another iillusion field.

The telekinetic force gently released Aurax from its grip once the Fe-Matoran was past the false rock face. The antechamber he found himself in was a plain room with sterile protodermis walls. Precision-cut lightstones embedded in the floor and ceiling illuminated the chamber evenly. Behind him, he could see outwards towards the sea and the beach below, the illusion being one way.

~~~

"I... think he's on to something," Knichou said, glancing back at the marked stone Aurax jumped from. He moved into position and extended a hand towards his partner. If he was going to jump off a cliff and blink out of existence for Artakha knows why, he would prefer that they did it together. "When I said 'Don't worry about falling' earlier during your flight lesson, this isn't quite what I had in mind..."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2