Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

27 minutes ago, Eyru said:

IC Stannis | Air

"Let's finish this, then," he said quietly. "All of it. If we can."

"If we can," Stannis echoed and nodded sagaciously. He'd always seemed to know what lie ahead for people around him, but for all his familiarity with Shadow he was still blinded by everything it touched, and so he was still utterly unaware of what lie ahead for himself. The future was still in flux, and some wishes wax and wane. "... If we can."

The wizard sat down and buckled himself in for safety as his former brother piloted the vessel in for a landing smoother than Stannis could ever have managed and spent the precious few moments of silence to meditate on what could happen and was happening. He reached out with his taboos, sensing where everyone he knew was one by one. Mi-Kiri was falling, the ancient Builder sanctuaries were demolished, the Administrator must have been all but contained, and Ehlek was being countered by the Taku team with some particular help. Aurax had retrieved Hiripaki and with her the possibility of preserving new knowledge far into the future. Leklo, Korruhn, Parnassus, and a whole host of others were en route as well. A veritable army was massing... and all for a battle Stannis expected but could not truly anticipate. 

His mind swerved to the rival Aspects. Spiriah doubtless began his endgame maneuvers, and Miserix was surely poised as well, and while he could not sense their exact locations he was assured they were not far away. Tuakana was equally oblique, and Sorilax's presence was betrayed only by his fateful Icarus folly. 

Caedast would meet their future in the depths of the Kini-Nui and, possibly beyond that, come to terms with their Makers. When they fell from the heights off the Coliseum in the wake of striking Pridak and being defenestrated to their death they knew in their bones that the end was not around the corner for them yet. But now? In the Lapyx, descending upon the Kini-Nui and the terrible Mangaia below it? Caedast was not so sure there was more to the road. All paths were leading her there. 

But there was one more thing she could do to enshrine her place in history, as it always had been. A contingency plan that had somehow always been the plan. Stannis' eyes closed.

1 hour ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

“Sir, I have identified a hole in the hive that Knichou and the others have likely entered through,” OTIS said. 

Aurax nodded. Still guiding Hiripaki, the pair sped up to the hive. When they reached it, they entered through the hole. 

IC Hiripaki | Other Air

"Greetings, mother flippers!" Hiripaki greeted as they entered the flying fortress. 

• Like 5

IC, Aurax: Vahki hive

And there was no one there to greet them. The pair found themselves in a hexagonal intersection of marked hallways. Aurax read the signs carefully. One in particular caught his eye: “Laboratory”. 

“Ehlek is a tinkerer like me. He’d probably be up in his lab working on something,” Aurax said. “Let’s head down that way and see what we can find.”

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by ~Xemnas~
  • Like 1

IC: Jutori - Patiwairutiki Cockpit

Jutori, meanwhile, was already considering ways to use his Mahiki against the mecha-warrior. The mental link the pilots shared kept Kilo privy to the Ba-Toa's plans without him having to shout them out in a dramatic fashion, as would be expected when two mechs normally fight. I can use my mask. Maybe we can fool him and get in a good hit. I've... actually never successfully bamboozled anyone with it before. 

@pokemonlover360@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC MI-8919-07 | Ehlek's Flying Fortress, exterior

Mantax's frame crashed feet first towards the surface of the flying fortress in a burst of broken glass. They never actually touched the surface, though. Another mask took the place of the kadin: a miru. Mantax's feet remained close to the surface. A knee wobbled.

"Impressive, but for how long can you maintain it?" said Mantax as another salvo of railgun fire loosed from his shoulder mounted armaments. As the bullets flashed across the distance he raised an arm and launched a wrist mounted, cord-like weapon with three prongs on the end. 

OOC: @Tarn, @pokemonlover360

Mantax is hoping to get Pati to move and land the taser by leading the shot towards where the Kaita ACR moves next. 

• Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Tekmo and Ostrox (Kumu Peninsula, The Ambling Alp, The Bridge) - Hero Roll Call

"I am usually referred to as Ostrox. Universally."

"I am Toa Tekmo, these are Toa Skorm, Toa Keitara, Zyglak Irna... the unconscious man from before was Steltian Waveahk."

@Crimson Jester@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@Void Emissary@EmperorWhenua

IC: Ulkarr, Achro, Enra, Gnabol, Reckless and Wayward (Irnakk’s Tooth, Nightmare Pits) - Irnakk’s Prize

"Some versions of the story say you have a trial by combat between two people to decide which of ‘em is gonna be sacrificed to the Pit. Clearly, Irnakk is willing to settle for most of you, not all of you."

"Interesting, interesting... is anyone gonna - uh, do anything with that? We’re not just gonna leave a severed arm lying around, are we?"

"Meh."

@Tarn@Harvali

IC: NU-8020S (Ehlek’s Fortress, Asylum Pre-Processing) - Apprehension

NU-8020S turned her volume down to a whisper, just enough so Knichou could hear. "I can hear hostile Vahki units in the next room, they seem to be torturing an organic being, likely under orders from Ehlek. They seem to be aware that we are here, but are apparently uninterested in doing anything about it. Are we to 'apprehend' them as well?"

@Unreliable Narrator@BULiK@Tarn

• Like 1

IC [Zataka - Kini-Nui]

With only the three of them aboard, Zataka closed the boarding ramp. It sealed shut with a hiss and suddenly the rush of air and hum of the engines became a quiet background noise.

Just as the titan started to pull the airship into a climb, a chime signaled a proximity warning and she glanced down at the displays, noting that another airship was approaching. In fact she noticed there were several transponder signals from other airships in range. It was surprisingly crowded for a wasteland.

She put the Tuyetmobile on a parallel trajectory to the incoming ship and as they passed each other, she noticed Stannis and another of the Toa Maru behind the viewport. Just landing in a regular airship seemed...well, ironically, pedestrian for the ‘wanderer’. She wondered what brought the duo to the great temple but she could already guess at the mystical explanation of fate and destiny. Stannis never dealt in anything less. Luckily she had Scarrow and Weaver beyond the veil, they’d be able to keep an eye on things. She briefly made eye contact with the two Maru, then the airships passed each other.

Zataka banked away and throttled up. The trio of occupants was pressed into their seats by the acceleration and a moment later they’d cleared the Kini Nui valley. Ahead, they could see the reformed mountain range, the ocean that separated the south of the island. Dramatic clouds were piled up in the distance, looking majestic and ominous in the last rays of light, but between them, there was a clear corridor of air for now.

Going via the airship cut the trip down from days down to a fraction of the time, and while they flew in silence for a while, it wasn’t too long before they had crossed the ocean and were above land once again. Soon after , the swamps below turned into thick jungle. Zataka angled the ship again and began to descend. She noticed several waterways below, small rivers and streams carving their way through the jungle. She picked out the largest of these and began loosely following that, since it made for a good point of reference. She felt they were getting close to the Suva, but with this kind of vegetation, - unless something was rising above the treetops or happened to be in a clearing - it was hard to spot anything, unless one already knew where to look. 

:”Alright Viltia, think you can point us in the right direction from here?”:

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @BULiK @EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui Bunker

Hand over hand, limb after trembling limb, Cravious slowly ascended the side of the titanic ACR. The machine knelt on the floor, hands bound with strips of metal, and the various grooves and joints provided easy access to handholds. Were he at full strength, the NUVA could have climbed it in seconds. But drained as he was, it was a struggle simply not to fall off. Only the determination to take hold of his prize kept him moving. As he climbed, he realized the venting of gas he had heard earlier was actually the ACR's breathing: each hissing ventilation was accompanied by a nearly imperceptible rising and falling beneath his hands and feet.

With a final grunt of exertion, Cravious pulled himself up over the ACR's shoulder and into the open cockpit. His entrance was more of a tumble than a stepping down, but he landed more comfortably than he thought he would. He pulled himself into a sitting position on one of three silicone chairs and instantly sighed with relief. The chair seemed perfectly designed to accomodate his body; maybe it was his exhausted brain playing tricks on him, but it almost seemed to be making miniscule adjustments even now. it was also his favorite color, though he wasn't sure it had been that color a moment ago when he fell in. The rest of the cockpit was dark, but Cravious felt comfortable and safe within. Unbidden, his thoughts drifted back to the memory of the placid lake he had envisioned during the NUVA awakening. His feet rested on the still water, and another pair stood beneath, like a mirror. At the time, the shape had been dark and unrecognizable. But now Cravious knew exactly what he had seen.

Without warning or prompting, the cockpit began to close. It slid back into the spine of the ACR between the armored shoulder blades. Glowing circuitry began to light up, illuminating the walls the ceiling, the floor, and even Cravious himself. The machine was waking up. As it awoke, it began to jostle and shift, but its newfound pilot didn't need to worry about keeping his balance. A kind of magnetic seatbelt anchored him to the seat, keeping him safely strapped in. It didn't feel uncomfortable or restricting. It just felt safe. Were he less occupied, Cravious would have loved to investigate the technology more closely, but everything was happening so quickly he could hardly think straight. He raised a hand to feel around for some sort of control panel and was greeted by the shrieking noise of tearing metal. He was already plugged in to the ACR, no wires or controls necessary. His commands were executed at the speed of thought, and the raising of his arm had caused the ACR to raise its arm in the same way, breaking through its metallic bonds like they were made of paper.

He prepared to give another command, to try to stabilize or something, but he became aware of another presence besides his own in the cockpit. It was the machine itself. It echoed him, but also moved on its own, and right now it was directing the mech to exit. And exit it did: pushing itself to all fours, the ACR began crawling towards the light of the tunnel's entrance. Each step seemed to shake the ground. Cravious was lost in an exhilerated mix of power and shock. He was barely in control, but the mech's excitement, its yearning for freedom was so vivid and tangible that he found it difficult to care. He was along for the ride, and he had forgotten to be afraid. Then everything became light and his stomach dropped and his ears popped as he rapidly ascended, and he realized the ACR now stood tall above the Kini-Nui, looking down on the ground a hundred feet below.

Cravious knew machines. This ACR was undoubtedly a machine, and yet it was so much more than that. It was alive; it trembled with excitement and battle-lust like a warrior of iron and blood. This was no lifeless vehicle like an ordinary ACR or airship. He could feel the warmth of the sun as it dipped in the sky; it could feel the cool wind as it passed over the mountains, carrying the barely-perceptible salt-smell of the sea. Everything felt new and strange, and yet it also felt familiar, like reuniting with an old friend. The hands that swayed gently in the air did not belong to him, but he could assume control of them with the slightest thought. His will passed effortlessly through the ACR at the speed of thought. Puffing clouds of steam vented from the mech's mouth, keeping time to his own breathing.

At some point in the past minute, Cravious realized his powers had fully returned. He felt completely rejuvenated, as if his recent death had not happened at all. Not only that, but he felt even stronger than he had before. Forget NUVA —he felt as strong as three of his kind. And with each passing moment, Cravious felt more comfortable existing in this shared space with the spirit of the mech. He was both pilot and mech; he was simultaneously driver and vehicle. Never in his wildest dreams could he have imagined a machine like this. It was as far beyond the Debt Collector as his old ACR was beyond a bicycle. He looked down upon the valley of the Kini Nui and smiled, and the mech seemed to smile with him. Then it spoke. It was a voice without gender or breed, and it spoke both in Cravious's mind and through the mouth of the titanic machine:

"I am Akamai, Great Kaita of Valor, bound in my casket and shroud. I walk unflinching the path of the warrior. My pilot is Cravious NUVA, one blessed in the light of Tren Krom.” 

A kusarigama appeared in the ACR's hands. It had not been there a moment ago, but now there it was: as cold and solid and real as any weapon could be. Its haft was etched with unknown letters that spelled out a battle-prayer to a long-forgotten god. The sickle's blade gleamed with deadly purpose. A spiked metal ball swung gently in the air, hanging from a long chain attached to the end of the haft. Cravious could sense where the weapon had originated: the suva kaita down in the center of the Kini-Nui. Akamai had called the weapon up to its hand with only a thought, choosing it from a vast cache of other weapons designed for the battle and slaughter of the great rite-born monsters. 

The ACR stood on the hillside, weapon in hand, and looked out over the valley. Cravious could feel the Kaita within him and all around him. It saw, one by one, the five other bunkers sitting empty around the Great Temple. He felt a grim sense of purpose well up in his spirit. The living machine thirsted for the blood of the rite-born, and it knew that its time was at hand. Not idly were all six Kaita summoned out of slumber to stand against the nightmares. It would join its brethren in combat and win glory on the field of battle.

"I now give myself to my pilot," Akamai said, its voice echoing across the valley. Cravious could feel the presence of the kaita even as it submitted to his will. His fingers tightened around the haft of his weapon, and a slow smile expanded across his face. No longer could anyone call him weak. No longer would he be beholden to any other. He felt power humming through his very being, and he accepted it wholeheartedly. He shifted his feet and felt the ground shake beneath him, sending a flock of birds wheeling out of the trees and over the valley, their faint shadows dappling the stones of the Kini-Nui far below.

OOC: Congratulations @Kal the Guardian! You may submit Akamai's profile for approval.

• Like 1

IC: Knichou & Nale, Ehlek's Fortress (If you want it, have it My Way)

Nale was midstep when she heard—no, felt was more accurate—a voice in her head. It was the same one that spoke through Aurax's mouthpiece, kind but merciless, eldritch and yet so familiar. She knew it instantly as her patron; Caedast the Wanderer was in her mind, soothing it, becalming it, readying the Toa for what was sure to come next.

[I am assuming direct control. It is for the better, I promise.]

And then she became a co-pilot in her own body. This, she realized, is what Toa Stannis the original must have felt like in the very beginning.

She stopped her run and turned on her heel, suddenly running back towards where she just parted from Knichou. She had to see him, just... one more time.

"Knichou!" she yelled after him. "Hold up."

Knichou had double checked his rifle. Cleared his qualms. He was ready to execute his plan.

First, he'd distract them by-

What was Nale doing? He turned around and flicked his weapon to safe, peering cautiously down the corridor behind his partner to ensure she wasn't being chased. Was Aurax here already?

"Is everything okay?" he asked, concern swelling in his emerald optics

"Everything is fine," Nale said, coming to a stop a respectful soldier's distance away from the commander. "For now. Look, I... I'm not the sentimental type. I buried a lot of trauma that happened over the years and internalized too much of that. I made some bad—questionable— choices. I've done things I'm not proud of, and then there's the whole thing with, uh... nevermind that. Stannis, or Caedast, thinks this might be it. The end. Of the cycle, of our struggles... and she's afraid.

"I never would have ever thought Stannis of all people could be afraid, but, well, there it is. Heh. And if she doesn't succeed in her Grand Wish and everything starts again from scratch, or whatever happens next, then... this really might be the end. I don't like that either.

"I'm also not good with words and I hate standing on ceremony. But I want you to know, before we go and maybe die with the rest of the Universe here, that being with you has been best choice I've ever made."

Knichou failed to blink away the tears. His armor's logs noted a rapid drop in his combat effectiveness.

Deep in his heartlight, Knichou knew that things were not fine. Everything about this was wrong. But... that was okay. They were together. They could always pull through - they always had.

"I... don't know how to say this right either," The lonely Ghost admitted as he stepped closer. A trembling hand returned the Obsidian Blade's empty hilt to his hip. "You know I agree. Meeting you in Onu-Metru was the best thing that ever happened to me. We both know what you said is true... but I can't thank you enough for saying it out loud anyways."

Another step. A lightstone rifle clattered along the grooved tracks of the hexagonal hallway. Knichou could pick it up later.

"I wouldn't have it any other way. If this is really it, the end of it all... I can't complain. You made surviving worth it. Worth everything we had to persevere to get here and worth anything the universe might still throw at us."

His hands passed seamlessly through Nale's adaptive armor, clasping her biceps as if somehow he could give her his strength. Or the she could give him hers.

"Maybe... maybe we can't save a world that already died. I don't care - we saved each other."

His Kanohi's visor shimmered with tears. Happiness at speaking the unspoken. Fear at the great unknown that laid beyond. A dash of hope. A fool's hope.

"But maybe this ending isn't the end. Maybe... maybe we'll find each other again... in the next cycle."

"The way I see it... it goes one of two ways." She took a step towards her partner as well.

Nale was the more direct of the two, a personality quirk that came from years as a fighter and hero and, usually unsaid but obviously true, a more jaded realism that bordered on cynicism that came from being a toa for much longer than the Nynran Ghost. She blinked back tears as well, tears of joy and sadness, fear and anticipation, hers... and not hers. Nale was still in there. Caedast had not locked her away entirely—that was not the Aspect's fashion—and instead of placing her in a passenger's seat had offered a shared control, and despite being blasphemous in a way it was incredibly natural. Perhaps this was also how Stannis had felt when he offered to be bonded to the Aspect of his Makuta, sharing joys and frights alike in a body neither could wholly claim yet. But despite that, everything just felt... intuitive. The lines between Nale and Caedast had blurred, and it was hard to tell where one began and the other ended.

"Caedast thinks that is the case," she said, "that every cycle is a repeat of the last with a variable thrown in for spice but that the core components are reused time and time again. If she succeeds and apotheosizes then, yay! All's well that ends well, right?" She batted away a pool of water at her cheek and accepted his grasp with fervor, returning the gesture with her other hand that was still wet with her sobs.

"And if she fails? and everything starts over? .... then I want to relish the now because who knows when it will ever happen again, but I will pine for when it does happen. Let's make this moment echo through all the cycles, Knichou... because I can't afford for it not to.

"I—" she hesitated, the words strange on her tongue as though they were from another mind, but no, they were truly and wholeheartedly Nale's words—"I love you."

"I love you too!" Knichou blurted. It was a simple answer, but it was the truth. There was no need for theatrics or cleverness, this cathartic moment didn't need them.

The commander didn't care if Vashni saw. He didn't mind the fact that Caedast was probably watching. NU-8020s would complain, but it could not understand, and its comments were irrelevant. Knichou definitely didn't care about what Ehlek thought, or had any concerns about the Barraki's goons interfering. There were no worries about what was beyond them, for there was nothing beyond each other. They were reality. In that moment, nothing else mattered. It was just him and her. Commander and Captain. Ferromagnet and magnet. Ghost and Truth. Exile and hero.

Knichou leaned in those final, precious inches. They passionately kissed a kiss that consummated their love throughout all realities, weaving their united fate in the tapestry of time.

It was in that passionate moment that the kraata on Nale wriggled with glee and effected its powers on the Mask of Creation. Caedast's presence receded, surrendering more and more control over the Toa's body rightfully to Nale—this was her kiss, her moment, after all. She deserved it. They both did. They were two Builders who were estranged for almost all their lives and both desired control over the things they were most mystified by. Love, in a way, was its own special brand of Unity, a principle above all others, and through its passion came a sense of purposeful control that spread like fractals throughout the Multiverses. Magical bonds were temporary but bonds of love were everlasting, and this moment—this very moment—was in the making from the very start of all things. It would echo throughout all the cycles like a ripple in a pond, and not a soul would live without feeling its effects.

The Mask of Creation was infected by none other than the Aspect of Control herself. There was no alarm, no sudden realization, no shocking discovery. It had always been like that, they knew, ever since Knichou'd gotten it. He was always reticent to remove it and safeguarded it with zeal. Sans, before him, was determined to keep it away from any other at all costs. Pridak, as well, had used it as a trophy of power and sceptre of autonomy, selfishly determined to keep it away from anyone's prying hands. It was just the way it always was—tarnished with rust, pockmarked with metal decay, somewhat off-colored with age. Nothing was new under the Krom.

Caedast had done what she meant to, what she'd always done, and extricated herself from Nale's mind entirely. The lovers could relish their moment in peace, unaware of the importance their bond truly held at the crux of creation, existence, and all things.

OOC: Thanks to @EmperorWhenua for making this epic jam and to @Tarn for leading the game down this path and cheering along from the sidelines as your character got to experience full life consequences.

Edited by BULiK
fixed nu's name
  • Like 7

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Aurax and Hiripaki walked down the hallway marked Laboratory. They soon came across an unfamiliar Toa standing in front of a locked security door. 

“Hey there! Need some help with that?” Aurax called. 

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Snelly

IC, Whira: Kini-Nui bunker

”Amazing,” Whira breathed. “Such power.”

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

Edited by ~Xemnas~
  • Like 1

IC: Vashni - Ehlek's Fortress - Ehlek’s Flying Fortress, Laboratory -

Vashni didn't follow Nale to Knichou, she could easily sense her feelings with her powers and understood what was happening. It really was the end game, and there was no telling how things would turn out for any of them. At this point all Vashni had herself was stopping Ehlek, if she could at least do that...

“Hey there! Need some help with that?”

Vashni looked at Aurax as he approached, a quick glance with her psionic powers and she understood he was a friend, and that's all that mattered right now. "Yes, I was thinking of brute forcing it open with my powers, but if you have a better solution then by all means." 

@EmperorWhenua @~Xemnas~ @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Varian - Ehlek's Fortress - Ehlek’s Flying Fortress, Asylum Pre-Processing -

Love, Varian had experienced love once, long ago. The exo-toa found himself watching Knichou and Nale, frozen in his own vague memories that he struggled to recall...

@Tarn @BULiK

• Like 4

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: NU-8020S (Ehlek’s Fortress, Asylum Pre-Processing) - Organic Interfacing

"Heartwarming. If only I was also soft and squishy, then perhaps I too would be worthy of your 'compassion'. You can mate with each other later, someone is dying in the other room."

@BULiK@Tarn@Snelly

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 5

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ehlek's Flying Fortress, Asylum PreProcessing

The pained screams and whimpers for relief suddenly stopped with an exhalation.

They heard another zap of high voltage and the smell of burning material. 

OOC: @Tarn, @BULiK, @Toru Nui, @Snelly

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Happy chat.

IC: [Nixie, Vhisola & Co. - The Taku]

Vican, not expecting to get yelled at, twitched as Arnex called out to him and took an involuntary step back. He felt his elbow bump into something. A signal sounded and then the intercom began playing some Metru-Nui top 40 pop song.

Vican stood frozen for a moment, then: 

“...you startled me!”

OOC: @BULiK

• Like 4

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi wandered the village of Tobduk-Koro, helping regenerate the buildings amd tools damaged in the chaos of the ruins detonating. He pried debris off the wounded, trying to help this village, the last of its kind in the universe. Unless some survived in Mata-Nui’s decapitated body.

He approached a rip in the earth, spotting a Ga-Matoran trapped inside. He spread his arms apart and fired both Volo-Lutu Launchers, honking both the radio tower and the Matoran with spheres of gravitational force. He strained as his arms were ripped against each other, before the path of least resistance was taken. He grappled into the radio tower, the Matoran of Water wrenched of the out after him.

They landed in a heap, though he stood up quickly. Leaning on his staff he drummed it to Dece yet himself, before grappling away to strike his “Badge of Office” against more debris.

As he worked, he could see he was not alone. Refugees and residents of Tobduk-Koro alike helped their brothers and sisters escape rubble, using Kanoka Blades of regeneration to mend the terrain and repair their homes. Steltians working with Matoran, Matoran with Vortixx.

He smiled faintly under his layers of masks. There was hope yet. 

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Toru Nui

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran felt the Aqua-Sphere stabilize, the careening of Mi-Kiri had finished. They were safe. “Thank you Sorilax, you have saved our lives,” she said, before catching sight of that Toa of Fire, the one who had drawn a weapon on her and Sorilax.

She flinched at the sight of agony on his face, and her mind regressed to when she and Ollem had sailed to the remains of the River, seeing hundreds of the monstrous Skakdi floating in the water, their bodies bloated and discolored.

Even monsters, they did not deserve to suffer so.

She began to scale up the wall. She could not recover her disk of freezing yet, not with the Vahki about. Instead she drew her disk of weakening, and crawled across the walls to Toa Kas. She … she prayed to Tuakana and Sorilax both she would not regret this.

Ollem better be alive,” Mahrika warned the Toa, before hurling the disk of weakening. She caught the tool as it ricocheted off the wall, even as the wall began to crumble away, hopefully freeing Toa Kas from his painful imprisonment. 

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

IC Kardaka - Tobduk-Koro

“My goal is to set myself and my kin free from the cycles that have entrapped us for so many centuries. We seek to live and experience life just as you do. This quest has taken me far afield, and I don't know when I may be able to return.

Avka listened as a voice filled their head. This Turaga was right, they  … they had only heard rumors, mostly allegedly from Ulkarr, but to truly have this Psionics connection … they were certainly stronger than other Matoran now.

Finally they turned to the Turaga, “I … she says her goal is to sever the Aspects from … repeating something? Being trapped making the same mistakes? And that they wish to live and experience life as the Matoran do. She can not return to the village yet though, she is busy.

Kardaka shook her head, “She should be careful. Our breed has little to admire. And if she wishes to be mortal, she should ensure there is a way for new Aspects to enter the world. If they are mortal made mortal, unless they can breed, with everyone one of her sisters who dies, they risk going extinct.” She walked away at those words slowly, putting her left hand to her mask. She focused, and one of the damaged tents began to mend, dents popping out, fabric stitching back together.

Avka for their part shuddered. If Whisper could be killed, would the Matoran lose their masks’ powers? They could get other Aspects to infect their masks again, but if the Aspects went extinct. They reached out telepathically again and asked, “The … the Turaga wishes to warn you. She thinks that if you become mortal, you must ensure a way for your breed to reproduce, to make new generations. Otherwise your people would eventually go extinct.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

The front of the Marauder opened, and Aurax hopped out. He knelt down to examine the security terminal. He returned to his ACR, opening up a panel in the back. He reached a hand in, moved it around for a moment, then pulled it out, along with a small screwdriver. He walked back over to the security terminal and began loosening it from the wall. After undoing a few screws, he was able to move the terminal enough to see the wires running to it. 

"OTIS, turn around and kneel down," Aurax said to his mech. The mech did as asked. Aurax reached up to the back of the ACR where the Vahki brain was stored, and pulled out some wires. He led them to the security terminal and connected them to appropriate connection points.

"Alright OTIS, try getting this door open for us," he said.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Snelly @Unreliable Narrator Aurax is trying to have OTIS brute-force hack the door open.

• Like 1

IC “Komisti” - Irnakk’s Tooth

Komisti was overwhelmed by the fear, terrified of failing the other beings present, of hurting them through their incompetent social abilities. They were weak, nothing to a Toa. They … they clukd see through their clenched shut their heartlight, it was frantically pulsing.

They were not aware of the group around them, just struggling to endure as they stumbled after the others. Finally they tripped, smacking into one of the group. They scrambled upright, heartlight pounding. “S-sorry, I did not m-mean, I would never mean to hurt you, I wouldn’t—

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Toru Nui @Tarn

• Like 1

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Nale Vella - Ehlek's Fortress

What are you-

Why are you-

Great, now I'm crying.

If you wanted to just kiss my boyfriend, Caedast, why didn't you just sa-

Nale was surprised by Caedast's actions, but it was nothing she wouldn't have done in the moment anyway. She had taken her Kraata with the knowledge of what the Aspect could do to those desecrated by her, prepared for any consequence, simply because she knew that the ability would never be abused. And if there was any time to be sappy, it was now, although she wondered what Knichou would have thought if he had knew there was a second person behind the lips that pressed against his. Why Caedast had chosen to allow her this moment, to ensure her and Knichou even had one last moment before the climax, she wasn't sure. Other than the fact that Caedast truly cared for them. For her companions she had chosen and brought together to fulfill a purpose.

But, surely there had to be some other motive. Some other reason for it. There was no time to worry about it now, though.

Maybe they would meet again, in another cycle. Perhaps on another island, or in different forms, or even under different names. If Caedast failed--if they all failed--Nale at least found comfort in that idea.

As she descended down the hallway her and Vashni found that it ended in a sealed door, stopping the pair of Toa in their tracks. Next to it was a security terminal with a slot for a card. The Fa-Toa let out a frustrated sigh.

Of course.

Nale traced the shape of the door with her optics. Where were they going to get a keycard? Maybe splitting up had been a bad idea, if only because it had lead to a dead end. She turned to Vashni. "Can you sense any living beings on the other side of this?"

Before she could consider other methods of getting through, Aurax arrived in his ACR. Right on time. "Quite the gentleman," she said. "Opening doors for us ladies."

@BULiK@EmperorWhenua@Snelly@~Xemnas~

• Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Hiripaki | Eel man's moving castle

"Oh cool." The AI wasn't sure why they couldn't just open the door by other means, like sliding a keycard in as normal and how the door was obviously engineered to function, but this was a new world for her to explore and maybe Aurax and OTIS had a plan for this. Everything was so refreshing and bright! So much space! Stannis of the Maru was not lying when he said the world was a big, biiiig place. 

Nale walked up. "Hello. I am Hiripaki, D-4OP, Builder-Cyborg relations. You must also be one of Stannis' Companions!"

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 2

IC: Triage - Irnakk's Tooth

Triage stared at the group blankly. "I mean, it's...an arm. I think I'd rather leave it."

A trial by combat would explain the surroundings, Triage thought. He stood up. "So, people come down here to fight over who gets sacrificed? There's more to this island's culture than I realized." 

@Toru Nui@Harvali

"And you have a cute robot sidekick now, too," she said, turning to Hiripaki. "I'm Nale, and you would be right. You know Stannis?"

@~Xemnas~@Snelly@EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Vashni - Ehlek's Fortress -

Vashni watched as Aurax attempted to open the door. When it came to technology she knew it was best to leave it to the experts. 

"I haven't sensed anyone behind the door yet, but let me probe a little harder..." She focused a bit more of her power at whatever was behind the door, to see if there were any signs of life behind it. She was starting to feel a slight headache, but she ignored it.

@EmperorWhenua @~Xemnas~ @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Ulkarr, Achro, Enra, Gnabol, Reckless and Wayward (Irnakk’s Tooth, Nightmare Pits) - Everything Goes Wrong

"Uh, yeah, you could say that. I wouldn’t, and I live here. ‘Course, it’s the loser who gets sacrifi-" Enra was cut off by what happened next. If Komisti had bumped into anyone else, they might have seen it as no big deal. Even Wayward, after he would be done insulting him, would have let it go.

"'Hurt me'?" Unfortunately, Komisti bumped into Achro instead. "'HURT ME'?! YOU CAN’T 'HURT ME'! NOBODY CAN-"

"Oi, calm down, he didn’t mean-" Then Enra made the mistake of clutching Achro’s shoulder, which he didn’t take well either. He reflexively released a cloud of the Red Smoke out of his shoulder, straight into Enra’s face. "BLAUGH-PTTTK-AAAUGH!" Of course, Enra had reflexes of her own, leading to Achro being sprawled on the floor and convulsing a little from a mean left hook from the Skakdi’s Shock Gauntlets.

"GRRRBRBRBGRHGRHRHGHSKAKFILTHAAGHGHRH-"

Gnabol staggered away from the sheer hatred Achro now seemed to be radiating, being psionic and all. Ulkarr didn’t seem to react. Wayward pointed his Staffs of Loyalty at both Achro and Enra, priming his Shrink Kanoka for launch. "Stand down, all of you. Reckless, relieve them of their - Reckless?"

He turned to find that his brother was, in his own mind, 'tactically retreating' out of the Nightmare Pits, with the ultimate goal of leaving the volcano’s underground entirely, this incident coupled with the fear aura being too much for him.

"For Nuparu’s sake..."

@Tarn@Harvali

Triage threw up his hands at Achro and Enra. This would have been a great time to have his satchel with him, surely there was something inside it he could use to defuse the situation. "Hey, hey, everyone just relax. Aren't we all on the same side here?"

Were they?

@Toru Nui@Harvali

"Seems like a downgrade, but I guess it's hard for a lair to get around..."

@EmperorWhenua

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku (Bridge)

Rose sighed loudly. She had just been commending these Matoran. "Shut it off before I shoot it."

@BULiK@Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

"You're telling me," Parnassus said, shuffling onto the Ambling Alp with the rest of the crew. Praise the shadows, Whisper was one of the few members of their family that Parnassus was actually glad to see. After all, she had always seemed to share Parn's curiousity about the outside world -- which, perhaps, meant that the two of them were particularly well-suited to saving what remained of their precious Xa. 

"What have you been up to since the last family reunion?"

IC: Irna | The Ambling Alp

"We have answered your question, Korruhn," Irna said, settling Waveahk's unconscious form into one of the empty berths. "Now I would ask that you answer ours: what, exactly, is this danger that everyone in the Peninsula has been speaking of? And what are we supposed to be able to do about it?'

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester @Toru Nui

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

Komisti scrambled to the side of the cave wall, pressing their back against it as they heaved. “My fault, my fault. I … I made them fight, Clumsy, clumsy fool. Monstrous, I ruined everything, my fault.

Their Kanoka Blade was clenched tight in their hand until the hilt trembled, and frost spread from their thigh where the blade lay. They flinched at the cold, fool, they couldn’t even resist the cold. They would never be a Toa of Ice, they were no hero, they would only mimic a Toa, and poorly at that. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Toru Nui @Tarn

• Like 1

IC: [Nixie, Vhisola & Co. - The Taku]

“Yeah, sure, sure, let me just…”

Vican, now flustered, turned around, looking at the panel he’d bumped into. He tried to figure out what all the buttons meant, then decided to push the most likely one.

The music was momentarily replaced by static, then changed.

“Nope, that wasn’t it!” Vican exclaimed.  

“...must be a local station.”

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @Toru Nui

• Like 3

IC: Ulkarr, Achro, Enra, Gnabol and Wayward (Irnakk’s Tooth, Nightmare Pits) It Came From Zakaz!

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH, IMPOSTOR!" Achro struggled back to his feet, while pointing accusingly at Triage. Meanwhile, Enra began coughing up the contents of her lungs.

"You come down here in your - in your little giant head and think you’re better than me?! Than my brothers and sisters who were slaughtered by these vermin?!" He then pointed to Enra, who seemed to be almost finished coughing. "All the real Toa died long ago! You’re an insult! I’ll-"

Wayward fired his Staffs of Loyalty at Achro. The mutant made his feet erupt fire to propel him upwards, aided with his new Mask of Levitation, dodging the blast which impacted harmlessly on the rock floor. He started floating rapidly towards the robot while his Stun Staffs recharged. Wayward prepared to fire his Kanoka...

Gnabol looked on in horror. He knew Achro was an atrocious protodermic being, he had to put up with him back in Kini-Koro, but he didn’t think it would ever come to this. He reached for his sword, and bared his teeth.

All the while this was happening, Ulkarr went over to Komisti during Achro’s rant and tried to coax him away from hugging the wall. "I am sorry, but I believe it is best that you leave. This may become graphic." He wondered how Irnakk, Skakdi God of Nightmares, would react to having an open brawl, as opposed to the customary trial by combat, occur in his sacred place...

@Unreliable Narrator@Tarn@Harvali

IC: Navu and Klawne (Irnakk’s Tooth Airspace, The Taku, The Bridge) - Face the Music

"Ah. My old nemesis. Rap."

Navu began running off the bridge, hands firmly clasped to her ears.

@Vezok's Friend@Tarn@BULiK

• Like 3

IC: Reliable Narrator | Irnakk's Tooth, Nightmare Pits

As the brawl began a cloying smoke floated from below the thin rock shelf they all stood upon. Beneath the lip the dangling chains jangled ominously, and the sounds of rattles and drums began to softly echo from far below the acidic mists of the volcano. Ulkarr felt it first, quickly followed by the psionic attuned Gnabol: a large presence was watching intently. It seemed, to Gnabol at least, strangely delighted by the open conflict on display.

OOC: @Toru Nui, @Harvali, @Tarn, and everyone else in the Nightmare Pits.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui

Skyra's restorative super beam blasted the ruined machine before her. The portal mended itself almost instantly, pieces returning in a glowing green light and settling into place. They all saw six sockets for kanoka disks placed equidistant around the fabricated ring of the portal. The portal inside seemed stronger, more potent, and Nuju's strangely fluctuating form became solid. He smiled;

"I believe I am in your debt. I am free to return now. Would you care to join me on a little adventure?"

He stood up, walked towards the portal and stopped before fully stepping through. His hand reached out, offering it to any who took it but especially to Skyra.

OOC:  @Snelly, @Gecko Greavesy, @Smudge8

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 3

Happy chat.

Triage groaned. Achro was clearly not right in the head to begin with. With the situation deteroriating rapidly, he fell back on the one thing he had left: his element. He reached out for the nearest plantlife he could find, and fireroot grew from the ground beneath them and created a wall between the mutated Toa of Fire and Wayward. 

He reached for his radio, only to realize he had left it behind, too. Berys would have no idea what was happening down there.

@Toru Nui@Harvali

IC: Jutori - Patiwairutiki Cockpit

Time to bamboozle.

Jutori used his Mahiki power to create an illusion of Patiwairutiki dodging in the direction Mantax would have anticipated, while the real mech would go the opposite one. He wasn't sure if it would work, but if they could at least fool or confuse the mech-warrior long enough to get a hit in on something important, it would pay off.

Now evade! EVADE!

@pokemonlover360@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Skyra NUVA - Piloting Howai - Kini-Nui -

It looked like things had worked out, the machine was restored! "#### yeah!" As Nuju's form was restored and he offered Skyra a chance to go on an adventure. Well...she couldn't resist an offer like that. 

"Sure I'm down." She glanced down at Howai's body, before turning towards the others present. "Say, any of you have any shrink and enlarging disks? I'd prefer to bring Howai with me through the portal if possible." 

@Unreliable Narrator @Gecko Greavesy @Sparticus147 @Smudge8

IC: Mazor and Young Mazor-Kini Nui

Mazor watched in amazement as Skyra's beam actualy worked. "Impressive." 

Nuju's invitation made Mazor nervous. He had just come back, and he still wanted to try and fixed the island. He looked towards his younger self. YM had a smile on his face and gave Mazor a thumbs up. Mazor turned back to skyra. "I've got just about every type of disk you could need. Just one second." He shuffled around in his backpack for a little bit before pulling out a level six shrink disk and a level five enlargens disk." Would these work?"

@Snelly @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 1

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

Komisti looked up at Ulkarr, and his words briefly cut through the fog of fear. The Vortixx swallowed, trying to muster their courage, but they failed, still shaking. Still they managed to say, “I … I cannot go. I-I have a duty to the Matoran, to stop the monsters. To stop more destruction.

Suddenly destiny gave Ulkarr leverage. “Master,” Bode called out through their psychic bond, “Something terrible has happened. The Ruins of Stone have detonated, causing tremors. Toa Stannis stabilized the ground, it could have been a lot worse, but we are without the Admin or the portal network, and many of us are hurt.

Bode added suddenly, “some Matoran overheard Stannis talking to Kanohi and a Turaga afterwards. It … Stannis claimed to be an Aspect named Caedast, who had bonded to the Toa Stannis long ago.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Toru Nui @Tarn I honestly forgot about Bode for a while there

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Patiwairutiki's Cockpit - Atop Ehlek's Fortress:

As the illusory Patiwairutiki darted sideways, the mechanized warlords round found their mark on the real Kaita ACR’s chassis. The machine staggered a bit as the shots punctured through the normally durable armor plating.

I have sustained damage. It will not hinder me in the short term. Try to avoid additional shots.

Acknowledged. Using Ally Jutori’s distraction to attack.

Arm mounted weapon is immediate threat. Targeting now.

Swiftly recovering from the damage, the titanic mecha raced forward opposite its illusory duplicate. It only took a few moments to close the distance before they had reached their target. Having drawn the mighty claymore once more, the pair of copilots brought the weapon down upon the warlords extended taser arm, hoping to sever the limb completely. If not, perhaps the freezing nature of the weapon would disable the functionality of their target.

OOC: @Tarn@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Skyra NUVA - Piloting Howai - Kini-Nui -

The cockpit of Howai opened up as Howai leaned down, Skyra leaped out of the cockpit and landed on the ground gracefully. "Sure why not? Let's try it!" 

@Unreliable Narrator @Gecko Greavesy @Sparticus147 @Smudge8