Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Recommended Posts

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"I've had this thing for over a month. All it does is make me feel kinda chill when I play with it," Sidra shrugged. "Unless there's anything else, I need to get back home."

@Toru Nui @Sparticus147

  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Apex (Fau Swamp)

She pondered the Steltian's suggestion for sever seconds before responding. "I could see if those infected by me could scour the swamp for any remains, but unlike Kuini-Rama, most aren't as...sapient. There is no guarantee they will do as I request or that they will know what I am asking of them. Though, I shall at least ask of the Rama-queen herself, to see if her children will aid us." Stiffening in her posture, turning almost statue-like in visage, her mind extended outwards as she focused upon her favored follower.

~~~

Her wings lightly buzzed as she sat atop her hive. The queens of the past were fearful and cowardly, afraid to leave their personal chambers, let alone the hive itself. But, that only led to their sight and vision to be limited, to be distant from the world beyond them. But not for herself, as she appreciated the chill air, the warmth of the setting sun, the sounds of the vast green. It was all her domain, and she felt no fear being out within it; though that sentiment did not extend out to her guards, who fretfully kept their senses on high alert.

And then, the voice of the black beast penetrated her mind, souring the peaceful mood she was in. The beast's cold, fierce voice once more spoke inside her mind, causing her wings to shift uncomfortably. Her request was simple, though still odd like the last one. The black beast wanted her majesty to send off her children to find the remains of..something. Though the queen was given a name, it meant little, if nothing altogether. Not even the description of the something reminded her of any creature that dwells within the vast green.

But even if she did not understand the request, it seemed to be an innocuous one, and one she quickly relayed to her hive. Whether they found any remains or not was another question, but to say she did not give her patron service would be a lie.

~~~

Shifted from her solid stance, her neck craned over towards Waveahk. "My command has been sent, though that does not mean we should simply dwell upon a response. Come, let us continue our search."

OOC: @Toru Nui @Eyru Apex is requesting Kuini-Rama's hive to scour the swamp for the remains of a Rahkshi.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Triage - Ko-Pou Shelter

Triage ran his hands down his Kanohi and groaned. "Oh, we're really in it now..."

He wished Tuyet hadn't taken his drink, this was the kind of situation that called for it. "So we were living on toxic land the entire time? We can't even fix the Matoran?" The medic gripped the strap of his satchel tightly, like he was about to tear it off. You couldn't save everyone, that was just a fact of life in his line of work, but this was different. This wasn't some poor fool bleeding out on land far away from home, these were innocent Matoran who didn't even know what was happening to them. And he couldn't help. It was too late for most of them to begin with, it seemed, the transformation into beast having gone too far already.

Triage sighed deeply, letting go of his satchel to look at his shaking hands. Hands that had saved many, and held onto others to bring comfort as they passed. There was always a way.

"There's an old practice," he began, "I'm not sure if it's forgotten or if everyone just stopped doing it. I even overheard my superiors once discuss using it during the war to turn the tide on the League--didn't get enough support. Maybe they just preferred sending us out one by one, like spending ammunition..."

He stepped closer to the pair of other Toa and the afflicted with them.

"...but it requires three of us. I'd need your support, and...a bit of real unity."

@Onaku@Snelly@Harvali@Vezok's Friend

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

"Hey!" Rose said, smiling at her Le-Toa wife. "I'm in. I work for the bossman now. Seems like an okay guy, bit of a weak grip though."

@Snelly@BULiK
 

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 5

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau:[Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse Profiles]:kaukau:
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Miserix | Kumu Peninsula

The worm struggled for freedom. Grime’s puppeteered corpse held it fast, squeezing the red and black flesh of the kraata like a lifeline. Its body pulsed and contorted, but it still could not scream. The crushing of the armor had removed that terrible power, and the kraata’s life slipped further away towards whatever death existed for such an abomination. But its eyes glittered with intelligence, and through it there could be no doubt someone was watching. Grime’s fingers pressed firmly into the eyes of the kraata, keeping its infectious mouth pointed firmly away. There would be no accidents.

Not this time.

The miasmic entity of Miserix spoke carefully, but confidently, through her puppet. “Do you willingly wish to prepare yourself, regardless of the horrors you must endure?”

OOC: @Crimson Jester, yes or no? The choice is yours: Korruhn can choose to be desecrated by Miserix, or he can choose to venture forth alone through the portal.

  • Like 4

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vashni - Ko-Pou Shelter -

Vashni looked at Triage, she'd been a Toa long enough to know of what he spoke. Though she'd never seen such a thing personally, it was more of a legend. She wasn't even sure if such a thing was actually possible. 

She glanced back at the Matoran, if there was even a chance that it would work, then she had to at least try. 

"You mean to form a Kaita." Vashni said, a statement, not a question. "If that is our only option, then let's do it. We owe it to the Matoran to at least try." 

@Onaku @Vezok's Friend @Tarn @Toru Nui @Harvali

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku -

"Yeah, he's not the best negotiator either." Skyra commented, thinking back to that big, awkward argument she'd unfortunately had to witness between Knichou and Sidra. "But he's smart, and has that creation mask. I suppose that makes up for his poor social skills." 

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn 

  • Like 3


My Bzprpg ProfilesSix Kingdoms: Apocalypse

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Iradra - Ko-Pou Shelter

Kaita. The fusion of three beings into one. For a moment she couldn't fathom agreeing to it. Letting people that close was an uncomfortable thought. She didn't feel ready for it.

But looking the afflicted matoran over again, seeing their bestial forms and realising how they suffered, she resolved that her own discomfort didn't matter right now. If this was what it took to save them, then it was her duty to see it through.

"... Very well, lets do it."

@Tarn@Snelly@Vezok's Friend@Toru Nui

 

IC: Arkius - Spirah's Labyrinth

The moment Spiriah's mouthpiece dropped to the ground, Arkius knew the time for talking was over. Before the spears of shadow could reach him, the earthen toa's entire body erupted with his element, earth flinging out from him in all directions in a veritable explosion, which turned finer and finer as it escaped further away from him, turning into a fine sand which began twirling around him in a localized sandstorm. Feeling the spears thrusting toward him through his element, Arkius activated the power of the Calix fused to him, flinging himself barely in time out of their way, though not quick enough to fully escape their barely delayed advance. Each spear found its mark in some way, some glancing off him and leaving a shallow wound, some cutting deeper wounds as they passed through tissue, with a small handful skewering him, one through the left lumbar region of his abdomen, one through his forearm, and one straight through his knee.

Quickly, he enveloped himself in his element, hardened earth breaking through the tendrils skewering him. Rolling to the floor and grunting through grit teeth, sterile clay patched his wounds as a solid earthen cast hardened around his shattered knee. Enveloping himself further in an earthen cocoon, Arkius tugged on the earth and flung himself backwards toward the exit at breakneck speed, the sandstorm all the while raging in the chamber, tearing through the air itself, and making him aware of anything moving in it. Further shadow attacks would be viciously struck away with his own powers as he made an expedient escape.

@Eyru

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

Shaking a finger in recognition, she agreed with Ostrox. "Nuju might be our best bet, considering he might have the most intimate understanding, if not knowledge, of Mata-Nui's situation. It might also be worth asking Stannis, though I don't know the full extent of his knowledge, this may be something he could at least help us with. Which one do you wish to confront about this Ostrox?" She asked, looking up towards the Mantaxian for his personal opinion.

But before they could give it, Sidra spoke, drawing the commander's attention. With a commanding, yet not aggressive tone, she spoke to the NUVA. "You may leave if you have other business Sidra NUVA, but I must insist that you relinquish the sphere into my custody. We have no reliable way of contacting you and we will most likely need it to further our efforts in eliminating Mata-Nui."

OOC: @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler @~Xemnas~

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Suva of Water

Drokk descended. Out of the sun, back into the interior of the tower, then further down. The rotting wooden steps creaked and groaned under her weight, but held firm. The earthen walls were slick with moisture and algae. Then she came to the bottom of the spiraling staircase and entered a grotto beneath the island. There was space enough for about fifty matoran to sit in prayer on the sand, which circled around a pool of ocean water in the center of the cavern. The grotto was lit by bioluminescent algae that floated gently in the water, and in the center of the pool rested a circular suva.

One side of the suva was encrusted more than the other with glowing algae, which made the shrine appear to have a light and a dark side. The seawater gently lapped against its surface, and lapped on the sand a bio or so from Drokk's feet. If she looked around, she would see the rocky walls of the cavern were draped in mosses and crusted with barnacles. Here and there, a little crab scuttled over the rocks. But between the flora and fauna, she could make out what looked like carvings on the walls.

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Cliffside Temple

Whira and Cravious walked further into the dark hallway. The shadows quickly became thick enough that seeing was difficult even for Whira; this darkness seemed almost alive. Wherever the two looked, it was there the shadows seemed darkest, like they were actively trying to impair their sight. They saw movement out of the corners of their eyes, but nothing was there if they turned to look. It felt like someone was watching them, though no signs of life could be sensed nearby. Should Whira try to command the shadows, she would find they resisted her. It was like trying to tell a dog to sit when it didn't belong to you. These shades served a different master.

The hallway turned into a spiraling stone staircase that ascended steeply. This time it truly ascended, and did not merely return them to where they had been before. They found themselves emerging in the center of a more open space. It was a wide, circular room, with multiple exits going forth from them like the spokes of a wheel from its hub, the hallways beyond utterly dark. The room itself was cluttered with the remains of things that had long since lost the battle against the ravages of time. Piles of mossy wood where once had stood tables. Bits of glass and metal that had once been arcane instruments. Rotted stacks of books whose pages disintegrated with only a glance. The air smelled of dust and decay. A single beam of gray light came through the single window, falling upon an empty suit of armor that reclined upon a stone chair nearby. The armor was old; the metal was half-eaten with rust and draped in all manner of lichens, mosses, and ivy. Plant life crept up the chair and twisted through the armor's gaps and crevices. Whoever owned this set of armor had clearly not donned it in a hundred years or more.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Varian - Kini-Nui -

Varian had gone into standby mode as the various conversations had no interest to him, that was of course until he heard the words 'Mata Nui' once again. His optics activated and glowed red as he turned towards the Matoran who had mentioned the God of Death. 

"That sphere..." Varian began, pointing towards it with his clawed hand. "...is the key to his defeat?" 

@Sparticus147 @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

  • Like 2


My Bzprpg ProfilesSix Kingdoms: Apocalypse

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Triage - Ko-Pou Shelter

Triage nodded, relieved. "I don't...know what it'll be like. I've never tried before. But whatever happens we have to keep our focus."

He reached his shaky hands out towards Vashni and Iradra, sliding his satchel off his shoulder and letting it fall to the ground beside him. The three healers, of both mind and body, coming together as one. The idea was noble. Triage could already feel a stronger connection between him and other Toa as he came closer. "Let's not waste anymore time, then."

@Onaku@Snelly@Harvali@Vezok's Friend

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

"That fancy thing on his face? I wondered if I'd seen it somewhere before. Wonder how he got it," Rose mused aloud. She shrugged. "Mask makes the man, I guess."

@Snelly

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau:[Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse Profiles]:kaukau:
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Drokk - Water Suva:

The fe-Skakdi sighed. It was much as she suspected. Whatever ancient guardian had resided here once was long gone. No artifacts of their time seemed to remain within the tower. But the shrine was clearly important, and there was an air of reverence in the atmosphere.  Drokk hesitated for a moment. This was not a place for her people. It was a place of matoran build and worship.

But her people needed clean water. If she was going to find anything, it would be here, in this long forgotten temple. So she mumbled a prayer to her ancestors, and as gently as an old Skakdi could, she stepped into the chamber proper, scooped up a small handful of glowing algae, and peered around, examining both the dome like structure in the center, as well as the carvings in the walls, using the bits of luminous plant matter in her hand as a sort of torch.

@Eyru

  • Like 2

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

"I must insist that you relinquish the sphere into my custody. We have no reliable way of contacting you and we will most likely need it to further our efforts in eliminating Mata-Nui."

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"Not a chance, lady," Sidra scoffed, her open palm clenching into a fist around the Sphere as she withdrew it. "I'm sure you mean well, but I have absolutely no karzing confidence in your ability to keep this thing safe. In the short time I've been here today, I've seen plenty of people-" she gestured to herself and Varian, then pointed up at the portal to the Earth Ruins, "-wander or teleport right past your guards and defences."

Her words, though harsh, didn't fully convey how flabbergasted she was by the complacency and disorganisation of this place. Were it not for Atamai and Kilo having their own mechs on standby, Sidra knew she could probably have brought Wairuha into the valley and conquered the place in an afternoon, if she really wanted to. 

"The Grand Untethered that attacked my village could teleport and shapeshift, and if Mata Nui used either of those abilities here he'd breeze right past your paltry perimeter. But I've kept this Sphere safe for a month, and Le-Metru Nuva is aware of and prepared for what the Untethered are capable of. It's safer with me, and if you really need to get in touch, you'll know where to find me tomorrow." 

@Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @Snelly

  • Like 6

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

Vulimai's expression turned into one of stern annoyance at Sidra's refusal. "You underestimate both myself and my guards, as well as lack understanding of where my priorities dwell in the defense of this village. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but unlike the rest of this island, this place is both fertile and free of devastation, implying that neither the dangers of the swamp nor the Skakdi have reached this valley. We are hidden from outside dangers, unlike as you yourself have said about Le-Metru Nuva. If the Untethered have extended into the Fau Swamp, then it may be the first place to be hit once Mata-Nui at last makes a move." She said, emphasizing her point as she stared defiantly towards Sidra.

"Besides, I am not requesting the sphere because I don't trust you can protect it. I'm requesting the sphere so that we can bring it to those who may know about it so that we can learn how to utilize it. We both want to be rid of Mata-Nui, keeping our potential key in his defeat out of the hands who can use it would be idiotic."

OOC: @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra – Kini-Nui

“I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised to have a Matoran telling me they know best,” Sidra signed, smiling slightly despite her irritation. It was rare for her to encounter a being who was brave enough to look her in the eye. “But let me tell you – I sat through a few thousand years of that argument and I’m not keen to hear it used to justify any further stupidity.”

She began to stow the Sphere back in her belt pouch.

“I’ll be blunt. I don’t trust this place, or your people. Not on this subject. You Matoran spent millenia worshipping Mata Nui, using his words and whim to elevate yourselves above everyone else. You can’t genuinely expect me to believe that every single person here has flipped on their faith, that they won’t falter when they learn that their god not only still lives, but you intend to destroy it?”

  • Like 5

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

As Sidra spoke, about the crimes of the Matoran of old, her optic twitched in irritation at yet another person she was going to have this inane argument with. Pressing a hand to her brow, she mumbled in sheer annoyance as she process what they had said. "I can't believe I'm going to have this argument twice in the same day. Do you not understand what you are saying here?You are actively refusing to cooperate on a matter that concerns all of us, just because the majority of this village is Matoran." She was flabbergasted at the situation at hand.

"And what about the Matoran in Le-Metru Nuva? What makes you so sure they won't think the same thing? You are being both stubborn and a hypocrite, and Ostrox should agree with me considering we've had the exact same argument about the subject earlier this day." She said as she gestured to the Mantaxian on her side.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler @~Xemnas~

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"The difference is that no one in my village aside from me knows anything about this, whereas you've got folks discussing it openly for anyone to hear," Sidra pointed out, "As far as anyone in Le-Metru Nuva knows, the sphere is still just one more piece of junk off the forest floor. They know nothing of Mata Nui's connection to the Untethered, and they don't need to. Right now, all the evidence any of us has is conjecture and coincidence anyway." 

  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

"The only people who know about this plan is Ostrox, Toa Atamai, Toa Knichou, Toa Stannis, you, and me. No one else knows about this plan and those who do know, know to keep it secret as I have requested. I'm afraid of what sort of panic will occur if they learn about the full extent of his nature, and though I doubt they would come flocking to him if they did learn, I don't want to destroy the peace we have developed her." She said in rebuttal.

"Also, the Untethered are undeniably Mata-Nui's doing, as Ostrox was there to see the Krom Sphere being handed off to Mata-Nui's..avatar." She said, a chill running up her spine from the mental image that the thing elicited.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"You mean Knichou who casually told me about what Stannis had said? Or Atamai who announced that Mata Nui is alive for the entire valley to hear?" Sidra countered, gesturing to the mech still towering overhead. "Nothing I've seen or heard is convincing me the Sphere is going to be more secret or safe in your hands."

  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

She wiped her hands across her face in frustration at the conversation at hand, her mentally reminding herself to kick Knichou the next time she see him. Groaning she responded, nearing her limits. "This isn't about keeping the sphere safe, this is about figuring out how to use it. Pridak had intended to use the sphere to kill Mata-Nui during the siege, with apparently Nuju helping him. Nuju is currently alive here in the valley, or whatever is left of him. If he can explain to us how to use the sphere, then we made be able to actually kill him. But, we need the sphere if he is going to show us, do you understand that?" 

Though she didn't intend it, the way she spoke in tone almost sounded like Vulimai was trying to lecture Sidra, like a sergeant explaining to a private why they can't just use give everyone a rocket launcher and call it a day.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"Maybe you missed the memo, but Mata Nui is dead," she gestured in the direction of the shoreline where the remnants of Metru Nui rested. "Based on what everyone's been saying, he's just a spirit without a body, inhabiting the dead the same way an Iden user can possess machines. And since people who die now don't get back up again, it seems a safe bet that whatever power Mata Nui once had to raise the dead was lost along with the rest of his old body."

A note of cold, cruel determination crept into her voice as she continued, "That means he has a finite number of Untethered bodies for his consciousness to retreat to. If I destroy them, I destroy him. I know how to do that, quickly and completely, without wasting days or weeks we might not have, experimenting with an object that might be completely ineffectual."

  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

"So you're telling me you intend to destroy the entire Protodermis moat that surrounds the head, while taking the sphere with you." She couldn't believe the audacity of the plan. Though the two didn't seem to get along, just how much Vulimai was seeing parallels with Knichou was startling and mind numbing.

"If...If you are so certain that your plan will work, than why don't you leave the sphere just in case things do wrong...Or is there another reason that you yourself can't explain, let alone realize, that is keeping you from handing off the orb." She said, a suspicious eye upon the NUVA.

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

Feeling that he had nothing left to add to the discussion, Atamai's mech stood up and walked over to where Kilo's was. "Kilo, I need you to help me bind our mechs back up, please. I'll show you to where I keep mine."

OOC: @pokemonlover360

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

"I know," said Aurax. "But this way, if she doesn't come back with what I requested, then that gives us cause to label her as an enemy of the Kingdom and to mark her for death."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xaril - Throne Room

"Very well," Xaril nodded. "So, what now?"

@~Xemnas~

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"I already gave ample reason for not trusting your capabilities to keep this place secure," she replied, rolling her eyes. "But since you're being stubborn, I'll remind you that I'm not your subordinate, your neighbour, your friend, or anything else that would leave me indebted to you. I'm the woman who infiltrated your city and murdered your Turaga, and I'm not naive enough to believe that you've all just forgiven or forgotten."

She knew the obvious response would be to say the village had bigger things to focus on right now than persecuting her. And it was true enough. But Sidra knew all too well that protoderms lived lengthy lives and had the long memories to match. The Shadowed One and the other Dark Hunters had shown Sidra the power of their patience, waiting decades or longer to enact revenge against those who slighted them.

For now, the survivors on Zakaz were united in the common cause of survival. But someday, after the crisis was over and life had settled back into some semblance of normal, there would be those who sought recompense for old crimes and ancient grudges. Sidra intended to make sure she was well-protected when that time finally arrived.

"If this thing truly has the power to kill a god, I'm sure as karz not entrusting it to anyone who might someday be an enemy to me or my home," she concluded. "I'm done entrusting my future to the hands of others. I claimed the sphere, I've kept it safe for these past weeks, and I intend to continue caring for it." 

@Sparticus147

  • Like 4

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukarus (Fort Nektann)

It was the break of dawn when Drukarus called for nearly the entirety of the fort to call, as every single warrior within the fort now stood before him in mass gathering, many of them bearing scowling faces at being awoken so early. Within the central courtyard they were all amassed, Drukarus looking down upon them from a raised stone platform he had made for him with his appointed second standing to his right, Detsu.

Looking over the grumbling mass, he tried his best to maintain a level expression. But like back at the dining hall, this many people in one place grated upon his mind, just the passive presence of each one present being a nuisance to him. It was this grating that had his dour expression break into a sneer at the rabble before him, before he clonked his maul to the ground, the sound  catching the crowd's attention.

“Line up in formation!” He commanded, many of the Skakdi momentarily confused by what he meant till he shouted it once again with even greater intensity and volume. “Line up in formation!”

Doing as they are told, the Skakdi formed up into a noticeably rough looking formation, one that wouldn’t satisfy the warlord. Placing a hand upon Detsu’s shoulder, each of the Skakdi before him felt the weight of their own bodies spontaneously drag them down, with the weaker ones outright collapsing beneath it.

“Straighten formation. NOW! He commanded once more, the weight remaining as the Skakdi tightened their group, only lifting once he was satisfied. Though it wasn’t perfect, it would still have to do. Dismally, he continued on speaking. “Skakdi of Fort Nektann, as of today, this shall be your regular routine till we leave for Metru-Nui. You shall gather here at the break of dawn, line up in formation, listen to my commands and orders, and be sent out on your tasks...Do I make myself clear?”

Some of the Skakdi mumbled out a ‘yes’, others nodded, some stayed silent. In response, he raised his hand and threatened once again to assert his element upon them, which led to a far more vigorous and unanimous answer to his command. ‘Good, they are already learning who they serve.’

“Good, my first proclamation as your war captain, is for each of you to find a Skakdi you can trust and fight with. They shall become your second, the one who shall fight by your side at all times...As Skakdi, our greatest weapon is one that takes the trust of another, and so, having my warriors able to use that weapon on demand will be essential for the upcoming battle.”

“You two shall be inseparable, and I truly do mean that. If either myself or Detsu here catches you without your other half, there will be consequences for the both of you.”

The Skakdi were left momentarily unsure of what to do, till with a gesture from Drukarus, they began to shift in line, trying to either find someone they knew and trusted, or simply find someone they didn’t just downright hate. Eventually each Skakdi found someone and settled back into an even rougher line than before, Drukarus lamenting at the sight before requesting Detsu to take names and solidify who is with whom.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Conway @NorikSigma

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

Vulimai only sighed disappointedly at what Sidra had just said, realization kicking in. Looking up towards Sidra, frustration no longer in her expression, she gestured towards Ostrox. "If I may for a brief moment, let me introduce you to Ostrox here. He's been a resident here in Kini-Koro for the past month now. Before then...he had served directly under Mantax, one of the Barraki, helped in the conquest and genocide of my people, and even bombed our village not but a week after we arrived here on orders of Pridak. And yet, here he is within Kini-Koro, free to walk as he please."

"Why? Because any crimes he has committed were the crimes from a dead world ordered by dead leaders. And from the sounds of it, any crimes you may have committed were also under the orders of another. I don't care that you killed Dume, and if anything, given another circumstances, I would've appreciated having my own hands around his neck for his indifference to the League being practically outside the borders of Metru-Nui."

"I don't care who or what you did in a past life, all I care about is the protection of my charges. And as it stands, Mata-Nui is a threat to not just them, but all of us. I would appreciate it if you allowed us the sphere so we can learn how to use it like Pridak originally intended, but I won't fight you, and that is not just because I can't fight you, not fairly at least. If you think Kini-Koro is a threat to you and your people, I'll respect that at least."

Turning halfway away from the NUVA, Vulimai gestured for the Mantaxian to follow. "Come on Ostrox, you can go and ask Nuju what he knows of the sphere and how it works. I'll go and ask Toa Stannis what he knows on the subject as well."

OOC: @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Kini-Nui - Earth Bunker:

Interfacing with Patiwairutiki systems.

Calibrating movements. Compensating for increased mass of limbs.

Compiling functions.

Additional consciousness detected in Patiwairutiki systems.

Kaiju slaying objective is in alignment with primary objectives.

As the newly awakened Kaita ACR stood out in the open air for the first time in who knows how many years, the smaller pilot machine sat within coming to grips with the new tools at its disposal. Besides the enormous spear that now rested in the giant mech’s hands, there were also numerous tools and weapons residing in the suva kaita somewhere below. Through the viewpoint of Patiwairutiki’s many eyes the mechanical enforcer had a new viewpoint with which to observe the island. From this elevated perspective the head of Mata Nui’s body could be seen along the west coast, though it seemed to have sunk a bit since the metal protector had last laid eyes on it. Regardless, some simple calculations later and the location of Kini-Koro had been determined: they were at around the center of the island. Artificial eyes rotated around, taking stock of the landscape while artificial ears continued to listen in on the conversations below.

Disagreement appears to exist between various allies for future plans.

Ally Knichou has requested assistance.

Ally Knichou has created a small model of Patiwairutiki somehow.

Ally Knichou is returning to the Taku.

Scanning records for Ally Knichou’s current mask.

Legends about the Mask of Creation have been located. Details appear to match Ally Knichou’s abilities. Will need to ask about possible usages later.

Ally Atamai is requesting assistance.

Acknowledged,” the machine responded to its longtime ally. “Lead on.” Before leaving, the kaita ACR turned to regard Sidra. “Ally Sidra, at what time tomorrow do you plan to attack the sea?”

OOC: @~Xemnas~@Nato the Traveler

  • Like 5

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning and Mind Reading

Location - Obsidian Tower, Kumu Peninsula

With - Whira

 

This place was certainly not as natural as Cravious was used to. There was that feeling of being watched that hung over him, but thankfully nowhere near the level of what he had experienced with Irnakk. And the shadows, were they supposed to be heaviest only in the center of your vision?

Their ascent actually proved fruitful, giving them a new room with an actual functioning system of light. He holstered his weapons and waved a hand in the air at the smell, “Wow, somebody needs to do some cleaning. My Cube may be messy, but at least I keep it clean.” Cravious’ feet clacked with uneven sound on the cold and unforgiving stone as he thoroughly searched the room, both with normal vision and then with his X-Ray Vision.

In the gray light that came from the angular window cut from the stone, Cravious pulled off his duffel bag before the suit of armor after he had finished up his look around. His focus had been immediately drawn to the armor, but he had explored the rest first. “Hope you don’t mind, but I can’t stand to see a good piece of work like this rot.” He rummaged around, parts clanging into each other as searched his bag.

Retrieving a rag, a razor, and an unmarked bottle with a spray lid, Cravious quickly got to work on the armor, scraping away moss and lichen and cutting away the ivy where he needed it. Several times he had to reach inside to pull away what had grown up from the ground and woven itself into the many cracks in the armor. Cravious worked quickly and efficiently, though the process still took a bit of time. Several times he caught himself humming something from the Gadunka and had to catch himself and stop. He didn’t like that Skakdi and so by extension didn’t like the music. Why Clash loved to listen was beyond him. Well, Clash was an idiot, so there you go. That was all anyone needed to realize.

Once all the greenery was removed, he thought of sanding down the armor to refinish it, but unfortunately he didn’t have time for that. So instead, he sprayed the liquid from his can on the armor and polished it best he could. It was in a sorry state, but it had once been grand. By the end, one could partially see the level of grandeur that the metal had once embodied.

This all had an actual purpose, of course. He would never clean something for free. As he cleaned, he inspected the integrity of the remaining metal, weighing its value and whether it could be refurbished or used as scrap. He couldn’t just take it, however. This feeling of being watched kept him from doing anything of the sort. One didn’t make enemies in the Kumu Peninsula if one could help it.

Cravious put his things away and donned his duffel bag once more, “I wonder if whoever lives here is open to sell this?

 

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Eyru

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Formatting.
  • Like 4

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Waveahk (Fau Swamp) - Eye in the Sky

"Let me look at it from a more elevated perspective... I hate myself for saying that, excuse me." Waveahk used his Kraata to begin floating upwards into the sky. He began searching the swamp from a bird’s perspective to find the remains of one of these Rahkshi creatures.

@Eyru@Sparticus147

 

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, Bunker, Exterior) - Sphere of Influence

Ostrox’s cheerful demeanour became more obviously strained. "First of all, every 'crime' committed against you has been entirely your own fault. You act as if the whole 'centuries of oppression and slavery you claim to abhor yet did nothing to prevent and actively benefitted from' thing is not really that big of a deal. But it is."

He then turned from Vulimai to Sidra. "Second of all, the notion that a single person can 'protect' the Sphere better than an entire military - PFAH! What a load of self-deluding GARBAGE. I’ve read this book before, and I don’t like how it ends. Use whatever 'reasoning' you see fit, but the truth is clear as day - you believe yourself to be the only person 'deserving' to carry the Sphere. It’s the strangest coincidence, too… Mazor, its previous holder, expressed a similar sentiment."

@Sparticus147

 

IC: NU-8020S and Navu (Kini-Koro, The Taku) - Ready for Departure

NU-8020S clambered aboard the Taku. "I was informed we were departing soon."

Navu was a little far back behind, running after her, out of breath.

@BULiK@Tarn@Snelly

 

IC: Klawne (Ko-Pou Shelter) - Remembrance

Kaita. Klawne remembered seeing - and maybe being - one of them before. But the fog of ages clouded all that had happened before the Skakdi came. She wasn’t sure how it would help, exactly, but...

@Vezok's Friend@Tarn@Snelly@Onaku@Harvali

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 5

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

Whira stared at the armor for a moment. There is another Aspect here... a fairly powerful one, I suspect, she thought to herself. But she couldn't afford to stay in the room for too long- she needed to continue in her quest. She looked around. There was a plethora of halls she could go down. Looking back at the empty suit of armor, she turned and faced the hall that the armor was facing towards. "Let's try this way," she stated, gesturing for Cravious to follow her.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Eyru

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

11 hours ago, pokemonlover360 said:

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Kini-Nui - Earth Bunker:

Ally Sidra, at what time tomorrow do you plan to attack the sea?”

"Early, maybe an hour or two past sunrise. Depends on whether I get held up with anything else."

6 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, Bunker, Exterior) - Sphere of Influence

"The notion that a single person can 'protect' the Sphere better than an entire military - PFAH! Use whatever 'reasoning' you see fit, but the truth is clear as day - you believe yourself to be the only person 'deserving' to carry the Sphere. It’s the strangest coincidence, too… Mazor, its previous holder, expressed a similar sentiment."

"You call this rabble a military?" She chuckled, surprised that the reformed Leaguer placed so much faith in the Matoran. "This isn't about who deserves what. Until two minutes ago I thought this thing was just a neat little puzzle cube. But now that I know it's a weapon, that it's potentially capable of killing a god, why in the actual karz would I hand it over to a bunch of complete strangers, in a village full of people who used to worship that same god? Why would I simply surrender an item that might prove to be a valuable bargaining chip or leverage in future?" 

@Toru Nui @Sparticus147 @pokemonlover360

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 4

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Relic Fields

Using the seismic pickaxe, Niidak easily cut through the door's lock in a shower of sparks. A shower of sparks that, coincidentally, lit up the inside of the room to be seen easily by anyone outside. The wandering untethered look up, its undead eyes fixating on the brief burst of light. With a low moan, it began shuffling back towards the tower, searching for a way in.

Niidak was too busy opening the door to notice. The door swung open to reveal a rather tidy office, especially in comparison to the messy desks and tables in the bigger office behind her. There was a trim little bookshelf was stuffed with thick tomes, and a filing cabinet containing —if she opened it to investigate— thousands of papers meticulously catalogued and categorized, and cross-indexed. There was a desk and a chair, both a little dusty but otherwise well-cared for. A pile of neatly stacked papers sat on the desk, along with an i-Stone, which appeared to be in pristine condition aside from a long crack gracing its screen. The chair was empty save for a faded blue cushion with a pattern of yellow flowers.

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Cliffside Temple

Cravious bent down to polish one of the armor's kneecaps. When he looked back up, the helmet, which had been looking off towards one of the walls of the room, was now staring straight at him. Whira moved cautiously over to the hallway she'd chosen, but when she looked back, she realized the armor was facing a different direction. Neither of them had seen or heard it move. Had it really been looking in the other direction this entire time? Maybe it was just their minds playing tricks on them...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning and Mind Reading

Location - Obsidian Tower, Kumu Peninsula

With - Whira

 

Cravious jolted back and a shiver ran down his frills. He had most certainly not turned the helmet to face him during his cleaning or polishing. If Aspects were afoot, then perhaps there was one still inhabiting this armor? It… seemed unlikely. He created bodies for Aspects and knew they needed an airtight seal to stay contained and not leak everywhere.

But if not inhabiting it, then the Aspect was at least able to manipulate it from afar through shadow play. Cravious slowly stood, “Whira, one of your kin or something similar seems to be at play here. That helmet moved on its own. I didn’t move it to face towards me.” Cravious leaned close to the helmet to inspect it, his face now reflected off of the parts that had been sturdy enough to be polished. A quick X-Ray scan and a double check of his Kraata power didn’t reveal anything significant. He spoke loud, mouth exaggerated in case the Aspect was only sensing using shadows and had to read his movements, “I mean no disrespect to your armor. I only cleaned it up.” He really didn’t want to get dismembered by someone he couldn’t even see. His bad foot throbbed just thinking about it.

 

OOC: @Eyru

Edited by Kal the Guardian
  • Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2021 at 7:43 PM, Conway said:

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

"Oreius, a pleasure to make your acquaintance and-- Is that Energized Protodermis?!"

IC Stannis | The Ambling Alp

"It is," the old being said to Parnassus with a nod as he he closed the airship's door in an abundance of caution, not wishing anyone to intercede in his hallowed sanctum on his airship (still tripping over that sentiment, inwardly). "A keg of it, harvested only a short while ago from a bunker nearby in the wake of a NUVA taking their Kaita mech." He paused then, thinking not about the number of things to divulge to his cousin but of the sheer multitude of mysteries the younger spirit was blissfully ignorant about still. He had 

"There are incredible things you do not yet know, Parnassus," he said, honestly, and earnestly. "Xa-Kas is a plane of paradox and confusion, a shifting eye in the midst of a maelstrom of realities. It should come as no surprise that it is dark, dangerous, and confounding possibilities, but I have looked into the heart of this island, and what I saw... was beautiful, and it is my role to show it. To you. To everyone. For now, use this protodermis, make with it what you will"—he gestured again with the upside down triangle—"and you will find that you can do so much more than you previously thought possible. Feel that knowledge course through you, let it consume your mind with possible threads of Fate. In this land... wishes come true."

He let that sentiment reign for a while, and he donned his great grey cloak again, seemingly giving up on getting it mended at the time after all. "But chop chop, my cousin. Time is as everlasting as it is short."

 

@Conway @Eyru

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 2

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Niidak (Relic Fields)

Unfortunately, the room behind the locked door was no treasure vault, but just a regular-looking office. She didn’t know why it had been locked if it contained little of value, so either there was something hidden inside or the papers and books had once been important enough to warrant a locked door.

Now, most of the contents in the room were utterly worthless as they did not help with survival on this cursed island. However, as she looked around the room her eyes widened as she saw an iStone that was almost fully intact. If it still worked, it’d be a practical and flexible device capable of various useful things as long as it could be charged. Items which had once been mundane and part of everyday life, like this iStone, could now be considered valuable. 

Niidak put the iStone in her satchel and examined the room further, but found nothing of value, just more worthless papers. She sighed and picked up a colourful cushion from the chair. It seemed comfortable enough, so maybe someone in Kini-Koro would like to acquire it, not that she had high hopes for it. It was junk, really, but at this point Niidak had abandoned the hope of finding anything besides that in the Junk Fields.

She left the office, trying to comfort herself with the thought that at least she wouldn’t leave empty-handed now. However, as she headed back to the stairway, she heard the echo of distant footsteps coming from below.

Her body froze. It must’ve been the Untethered. How had it found out her location? It didn’t really matter now — she had to prepare for the worst, so she equipped her spear, remaining completely quiet and listening closely to the sounds from below. If the Untethered knew she was upstairs, she’d be in trouble.

OOC: @Eyru

  • Like 2

still alive somehow

BZRPG profiles

Six Kingdoms profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

Whira glanced at the suit of armor, then looked around the room. "Who is here in this place?" she called out, wondering if the resident Aspect could hear her. 

OOC: @Eyru @Kal the Guardian

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

"Now, it's time we get moving," said Aurax. He rose from the throne. "I will make an announcement to the city announcing our move. I would like you to help coordinate our evacuation and help our citizens load their things onto airships."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xaril - Throne Room

"As you wish," he replied, sounding none-too-thrilled at the prospect of menial labour, but not objecting to the order.

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Krrenchk - Skakdi of Stone

Location - Fort Nektann

With - Zekev

 

As the masses of frills and teeth sought them partners in crime, Krrenchk was left alone, adjusting his mask just so. It made sense, to ride with him meant being regulated to the rear as an assisting force, meaning all the glory went elsewhere. He was used to it. All that mattered was a successful raid, though, so he was content. As long as he got to fight someone every few raids, he was happy.

As the crowd parted around him, he spotted the Ko-Skakdi from the other day, the one from the giant skull. The newcomer was left alone, others gravitating towards friends they had known for years. The Skakdi of Ice wore a helmet, which was unusual here, and it reminded Krrenchk of his Kanohi.

Krrenchk strode over, grin wide, “Looks like it’s you and me, brother.

 

OOC: @NorikSigma @Sparticus147

  • Like 3

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...