Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

IC: Sidra – Kini-Nui

“And respectfully speaking, you don’t have the faintest karzing clue what you’re about to pick a fight with,” Sidra snapped back. “If that is Nektann out there, then I’ve looked him right in the eyes. I’ve spoken to him. I've stood in his hand as he walked across the island. I know better than almost anyone else what he is and what he’s capable of. Can you say the same?”

She took a moment to steady herself, breathing hard even from the brief run to catch up with the group. “The most important thing I learned as a Dark Hunter was when to avoid a fight. Even with two Kaita ACRs on your side, a three hundred foot tall force of nature isn’t going to go down easily, and your fishbowl of a village will be obliterated in the crossfire. If he’s going to walk past, or can be turned away, why take the risk?”

@Sparticus147 @~Xemnas~ @pokemonlover360

Edited by Gecko Greavesy
  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Koro)

"And what makes you so certain you can turn it away? Like you said, its a three hundred foot tall force of nature, what possible power could you have in persuading it to go away? She said incredulously at the NUVA, who had earlier that day seemed so reluctant to cooperate yet now thought they knew what was best in the defense of her charges. "In addition, even if it does walk past, it is going to be a threat we will have to deal with sooner or later. The rains have only just now started falling, and that means there is still some distance between us and it, to strike now before the rainfall starts to pick up will ensure it is both far from Kini-Koro and that the village can avoid the worst of the storm."

"So, I recommend you either watch yourself or make yourself useful. Now if you excuse me, I need to get a message out to that karzing brakas Toa Knichou. We need a bead on the Tahtorak's location." Once more, Vulimai attempted to contact Knichou, and this time, she wasn't going to be left on voicemail.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @BULiK

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Onaku - Kini-Koro Hospital

Onaku had a thoughtful look on his Pakari as he pondered on their recent turns of fate. Finally, he roused from his ruminations and looked over at Jutori, shaking his head. "It's... not your fault. You went above and beyond to try and stop him."

He made his way over to the window, looking out at the sky outside. "Clouds rolling in... chance of rain, maybe? Just what we need today."

@The UltimoScorp@Tarn@BULiK

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Sanso - Just inside the Taku

Without a second thought, Sanso barged up the landing ramp.

"Monster? Sounds great!" He tagged along with Rose and Skyra, observing what they were doing.

 

IC: Kantai

Kantai could hear the sounds of commotion from down from up on the landing pad.

"They seem like they're up to something. If you want to go up the elevator now's the time."

 

OOC: @Snelly @Tarn @Toru Nui

Edited

Edited by NorikSigma
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Tekmo (Kumu Peninsula) - There's a Man in the Woods

"Huh?" Tekmo was a little confused by what was going on. He turned to face whatever Irna and Keitara were looking at. Had they seen something within the jungle?

There was only silence from where the thing had been seen. No rustling of leaves, no squelching of mud, nothing. The density of the trees obscured any sign of it... until the changed, but unmistakable form of Waveahk hovered out of the foliage before stepping onto solid ground, his orange eyes scanning for whatever it was that he had seen earlier.

@Void Emissary@TL01 NUVA@Keeper of Kraata

 

IC: Ulkarr, Enra, Reckless, Lawful, Obedient, Impressionable and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro) - Questionable Sources

"The Administrator is a faulty machine created by a failed civilization, and Stannis’ credibility has already been thrown into question. Even if this exodus did happen, connecting our two worlds together, it ultimately matters very little. I fail to see the significance of this."

Enra thought it did matter quite a lot actually, but that was just her. Certainly explained a few things.

"I shall make radio contact with Kini-Koro immediately." Obedient converted to quadrupedal mode and scuttled off towards wherever that was.

@Harvali

Edited by Toru Nui
Removed posts with rain in them.
  • Like 3

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Irna | Kumu Peninsula

"Waveahk?" Irna said, lowering her bow. "Waveahk!"

OOC: @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

There was the smell of ... no, not the smell, Parnassus' couldn't smell, but Parnassus could sense what was behind the smell. The smell of grief, of pain, of ... loss. And the feeling of growing shadows across the horizon that the Aspect could feel deep in what passed for a heart.

"You're Leklo, yes?" they said to the newcomer, the one who had miraculously appeared just as Caedast had departed. "Come with me."

The Aspect hurried down the gangplank out of their cousin's ship and onto the hard earth, where another figure stood -- a strange figure, one of the Prime species, if Parnassus wasn't mistaken -- and they looked up at the darkening sky. A sky that could only have meant one thing...

"I must get to the horizon," Parnassus said. "I must speak with this storm!"

OOC: @Eyru @EmperorWhenua @Toru Nui

-Void

Edited by Void Emissary
Removed reference to Ostrox's Mahiki.
  • Like 4

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Stannis | Kini-Nui

 (snipped)

"It might be, but it's not my insight I intend to uplift. Everyone can make their own best choices, if they know enough to be educated in choosing. The issue wrestled with is becomes one of how much... is enough?" He let the rhetorical thought linger.

"But why should anyone restore the path to Tren Krom? Why does the primordial Unmaker have to break the wheel?" he asked, cautiously, careful not to ask Nuju his truths. 

@Unreliable Narrator

IC: Nuju | Kini-Nui

"To be as it once was, and as it should be," Nuju said with a nod toward the rift. "And all worlds, no matter how small, deserve saving. Don't you think so, Toa Stannis?"
 

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

  • Like 2

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ic: Keitara (whoops)

The Av-Toa looked more sheepish than a herd of mahi. With a thought, she called down the cloak and brightened her light globe.

"Waveahk? Didn't expect to see you here as well! Wow, it's a proper reunion!"

Shouldering her weapons, she looked to both, smiling.

(OOC: @Void Emissary
 @Toru Nui
 @Keeper of Kraata

  • Like 2

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

My Six Kingdoms character

My SKR fan art topic!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Void Emissary said:

"You're Leklo, yes?" they said to the newcomer, the one who had miraculously appeared just as Caedast had departed. "Come with me. I must get to the horizon," Parnassus said. "I must speak with this storm!"

IC Leklo | Kini-Koro

"Sorry, who are you?"

 

1 hour ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

"To be as it once was, and as it should be," Nuju said with a nod toward the rift. "And all worlds, no matter how small, deserve saving. Don't you think so, Toa Stannis?"

IC Stannis | Kini-Nui

"In a manner of speaking... All lives, no matter how small, deserve to have control over their Destinies. Whether they decide to save or ruin themselves is a choice placed on their shoulders."

  • Like 3

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Katrin Nuva - Hospital:

"Oh, I love rain storms!" Kat exclaimed. "I used to run around outside whenever we got rain back home!"

  • Like 2

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra – Kini-Nui

It took no small amount of effort to stop herself from facepalming. If Sidra stating she’d spoken with Nektann and hitched a ride with him wasn’t enough to convey the fact that she could communicate with the kaiju, she wasn’t sure what more to say.

Granted, all of that had only been possible with Viltia’s assistance, but Sidra’s point still stood. If she could remind Nektann of that time, of Viltia, maybe Sidra could reason with him.

“Despite what you seem to think, that Tahtorak isn’t just some mindless monster. There’s a person in there, or at least what’s left of one,” she explained. “Nektann is... something of a friend to Le-Metru Nuva. He helped us fight the Grand Untethered, and we were able to persuade him to depart peacefully afterwards. From what Viltia told me, he’s lost, and lonely, and has trouble remembering things, but he can be reasoned with. But if you go in guns blazing you’ll never get the chance to try.”

Any other day, any other monster, and she would’ve been on her way home already. But if there really was a Tahtorak approaching, and it really was Nektann, then she owed it to Viltia to at least try to save the strange friend she’d made in the monster.

Vulimai called him a threat, insisted that he had to be destroyed, but the mere fact that Nektann had been roaming around for over a month seemingly without any loss of life or negative encounters said otherwise. It hadn’t been so long ago that Sidra had stood in Nektann’s gigantic hand as he’d roamed the landscape, combining his power with Viltia’s to bring new life to the barren, broken parts of this world. Despite spending the entire time sodden to the skin in the rain the beast brought with him, it had still been an astounding, awe-inspiring experience, the likes of which Sidra knew she’d probably never get to go through again.

It would be a shame to see the world lose another wonder.

“Just… at least wait to see if he’s actually coming here before you roll out the big guns. Once those mechs see a Tahtorak, what happens next is out of all of our hands.”

  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Nale Vella - Kini-Koro Hospital

Chance of rain? Nale didn't see any reason to be concerned with it, until she remembered the tale of what had happened to Po-Koro. She didn't want to think it could be like that, but like they'd told Kanohi, the Taku was prepared in case of anything--even a giant monster attack. Wasn't it?

Nale moved towards the window and looked outside as well. "Couldn't be what?"

If you say a giant rain monster, I swear--

IC: Jutori - Kini-Koro Hospital

The Toa of Gravity started getting up, but winced and found himself lying down again. "Not...again," he said, feeling frustrated with his current condition. "The last time the sky got dark like this, we all saw...I don't know what we saw. But it was bad."

@BULiK@Onaku@The UltimoScorp

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

Rose made a beeline for the zamor ball turret she'd previously tried out. "You and Arnex can get in the armory," she said to Skyra, pointing in its general direction. "I wanna try out this gun."

The Toa of Fire squeezed inside as she had before, and gleefully took hold of the controls. A flick of her thumb switched the safety off.

Now she just waited on the airship to move, and for the order to fire.


@Snelly@NorikSigma

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau:[Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse Profiles]:kaukau:
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Hospital

Knichou shrugged at the possibility of worsening weather. Rain was rain. To him, any change in the forecast was hardly an inconvenience worthy of note - he had solved this problem long ago.

One problem the Nynran hadn't solved was how Arnex was completely silent. After continuing to text with no response, he rolled his eyes and accepted yet another of Vulimai's calls by pressing a button on his Kanohi near his left audio receptor. It was an unnecessary gesture, for he could have accepted the call with other methods, but it was polite to let others know he was on a call, and of course, it looked cool.

"What the Karz is it this time, Vulimai? Don't you know I'm busy? I don't want to hear any more of it."

IC: Taku Crew, Kini-Koro, Airdock Prime, The Taku

"Okay Rose," Arnex agreed with a nod of renewed confidence as the Toa of fire climbed down the ladder into the lower ball turret. "Right now the right launcher is explosive, left is tear gas. We'll see if Knichou can unlock the suitcase of extra volatile rounds when he gets back, we might need them."

As Achro ran up the Taku's boarding ramp to get out the rain, Arnex stood in front of the Toa of fire's path.

"Who are you? Are you here to help fight if we're needed to?"

Edited by BULiK
Taku retconned back into reality
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nuju | Kini-Nui

"I see you are as much a scholar as a warrior. When you return, perhaps we should compare research. But now the time for conversation is over," Nuju said. The rift seemed to beckon. Strangely, it reminded Caedast of somewhere else, but he couldn't quite place it.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

  • Like 1

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Relic Fields

Niidak made her escape as the untethered continued to ponderously climb the stairs. She probably had a few minutes before it made it to the room, and another few minutes before it figured out where she had gone. Outside, evening had turned into night, and only a hint of sunlight remained on the western horizon. The stars were beginning to appear in force, providing enough light for her to make her way back to her hoverbike should she so choose. however, there wasn't enough light to see any more untethered, if there were any.

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Suva of Ice

Safe within his field of silence, Sorilax investigated the icy walls and frosted surfaces of the ice suva in search of a taboo. Clad in the form of a rahkshi, he stalked around each of the twelve pillars, scanning each carefully in turn. He saw several ancient symbols—some writing even he could not decipher, and some graven images of scenes long lost to time. Here and there, he came across an arcane symbol that made his heart leap in excitement, but closer inspection revealed each to be nothing more than an ordinary glyph with no power of its own.

He ascended to the second floor. Even as the ever-patient aspect found his patience dwindling (perhaps there was no taboo here? perhaps there was nothing more to be found?), he saw it. Engraved into the center of the time clock, masquerading as part of the clock face's intricate design, was a symbol: four diamonds with a circle drawn between their center points. Pressing the rahkshi's clawed hand to the symbol, Sorilax felt a rush of knowledge cascade through his mind, accompanied by the now-familiar sense of vertigo. He felt himself simultaneously expand and shrink until his mind seemed to contain the universe while his body was smaller than a grain of sand. A flood of images and sensations filled his mind, staggering in their number and practically unintelligible in their intensity. He caught flashes of light and heard fragments of words. Then he snapped back into himself and the knowledge became clear and cold as ice. The fragmented sounds rearranged themselves, scuttling like insects into words and lines, and a great soundless voice seemed to inscribe them directly into his brain:

Goodbye 

Mighty warrior

Cleaver of skies

Meek gardener

Tender of lies

Hello

 

OOC: Sorilax has learned the Rites of Gluttonous Desecration. You may add the following power to his profile:

Quote

If you are able and know the rites, you may perform the Rites of Desecration an additional two times on one willing creature (maximum four times).

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kumu Peninsula

Viltia wandered, for that is truly the only word for it. The mists of the peninsula made actual searching difficult to do: everything looked the same, and the barren rocks and scraggly plants served for poor landmarks. Half the time, she was unsure if she had already seen that particular boulder before, or if all the boulders looked the same. But she wasn't afraid. She wandered with her eyes open and a mind full of curiosity.

Eventually, she saw something different. The landscape seemed to change imperceptibly, although the craggy hills and rocks and cliffs and plants and pools of stagnant water themselves did not change. Nevertheless, she felt something different in the air. Grit and sand cracked under her feet as she walked slowly, looking around. Then she saw it: the nearby hillside, whose rocky face she had seen nothing in from a distance, had something carved into it. The broken rock and scattered stones appeared random at first, she now that she was closer she could see the hill contained the remains of a temple. The two misshapen boulders before it were the wizened remains of pillars. A pile of rocks overgrown with algae had once been a cairn. Looking closely, she saw the faintest traces of old carvings and etchings underneath jagged ledges and shelves of rock. And in the center: an obsidian door.

At first glance, it didn't appear to be any different from the rest of the crumbled remains of the temple. But if Viltia looked closer, she would see that it appeared it to be less weathered than its surroundings. It was carved of a different stone than those protruding from the rocky hillside. And if she approached, she would almost feel the power that it contained. Something dark and powerful lay within.

 

IC: Tuyet | The Coliseum

Tuyet emerged into the dim light of the half-sunken city and continued to make her way towards the location of the airship Aurax had provided. Exuze noticed that she walked without hesitation or second-guessing. She obviously knew this city well, even though it was partially destroyed and only getting worse by the day.  The Coliseum rose from a city that was now mostly submerged. Along the walls of the great metal skull, one could see the lights of a new metru that had been erected to replace the drowned districts.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

"I see you are as much a scholar as a warrior. When you return, perhaps we should compare research. But now the time for conversation is over," Nuju said. The rift seemed to beckon. Strangely, it reminded Caedast of somewhere else, but he couldn't quite place it.

IC Stannis | Kini-Nui

The old being stared into the shimmering event horizon for a moment, as if considering the possibility of a choice, as if he was not already wholeheartedly embracing ultimately entering the Far Shore, and then he cocked his head back to Nuju with a sharp snap. "Yes. I suppose it is."

Once by one, he reached out to his desecrated family, one by one. He sounded earnest and, shockingly, concerned. He knew not what he was going to witness and deal with, but he knew he would never be the same. He hoped when he returned, if he returned, that he'd be able to deliver the promises he gave to each of his companions. 

{Once-Brother, I'll see you soon. Watch over Leklo, he is what I should have been and deeply seeks to be true.}

{Drukarus, beware that sometimes a rolling cannon is more dangerous than a firing cannon.}

{Cousin, watch over yourself. The Builders are as innocent as they are full of guilt.}

{Whisper, seek out your answers and the secrets will follow. You'll see me soon.}

{Once-Friend, I hope you won't need me before I can answer. All history is cyclical; all harvests had been sown first}

...

{For now I step into the abyss.}

He stepped into the abyss.

 

 

Listen.

Of all the things you're about to lose...

This will be the most painful.

 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 6

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - IN THE PAST, Ice Suva

With - Rahkshi Three (Remote Possessing)

 

Another strand formed. Another connection was made. The more that was revealed, the more he understood. The force behind Taboos was unknowable, yet through its applications, parts of it could be extremely known. And through that, the unknowable become slightly more discernible.

Each Taboo he learned, the more Sorilax felt power over the hungry door beneath the Kaita Suva. He was not ready to challenge it yet, however. Not today. He had far more pressing matters to attend to.

His hand, in Rahkshi form, caressed the time clock engraved in the rock like his Taboos were engraved onto him. Unlike the Stone Suva, there was so much knowledge to be collected here. He needed to return when he had the time. These carvings had to be preserved before they were lost and the history of past life forms became obscure.

A mental communication from Two let him know Knichou was ready to talk. Sorilax mentally told Three to meet him back at Kini-Nui. Then he released Three and was back in his main body.

 

---------

PRESENT TIME -

Location - Kini-Koro

With - Rahkshi Two, Rahkshi Three

 

Sorilax had finally found the stairs. There was a room that was only a box that had buttons in it, but he could not figure out its purpose and so moved on. As he walked across the valley, away from the bustling noises of village life behind him, the sky grew dark as clouds threatened rain. To sustain a jungle, abundant rain was needed, so Sorilax thought nothing of it and continued on, spotting Sidra from a distance.

The blue and green Rahkshi One spotted his father and stood, teleporting to join his brothers as they trailed behind the golden glowing Aspect of Light.

As Sorilax approached, he realized Sidra was currently conversing with another. As much as the sun was fading and it was time to get moving, he managed to keep his mouth shut and let Sidra finish what she was up to.
 

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Sparticus147

 

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kumu Peninsula, Temple

With - Merged with Life Kraata creation Muaka

 

The hours had only honed her ability to move in the Muaka’s body. Where she could, she didn’t use her tethers and instead used her forelegs and tread. It made the searching slower, but she was just appreciating being merged with another, even if it was a Rahi of her own making.

While no Aspects or other sentient species showed up on her Life Kraata’s radar, another, more appreciated, form of life did. As the sturdy obsidian and basalt broke down as she traveled and sand and grit became more prominent, so too did the pools of water and the Green that grew in and around them. It was a sigh of relief after not sensing plants for several hours. She happily Observed through them, feeling what they were feeling and drinking in the limited information they provided. Life as a plant was harsh here, but the plants made up for that by being unique to this part of the island, and not in a mutated kind of way.

Her Muaka optics noticed something in the craggy hillside nearby. Forms that held unnatural shape to them. As she inspected closer, she realized they were weathered pillars. And behind the pillars was a temple carved right into the hillside. For a moment, she wondered if this was Sorilax’s temple, but no, she doubted the first temple she found would be her friend’s home. Oh! Maybe it was Apex’s home temple?

Ascending the cracked and overgrown steps of dark rock, Viltia could feel the power emanating behind the door in front of her. She paused, surprised that she could feel anything of the sort. Surely it wasn’t a side effect of being a Muaka. But what else could it be? Something like with Irnakk maybe?

Actually, the door was more black than the rest of the ancient temple. And… She looked at the worn carvings and etchings beneath jagged ledges and shelves of rock in the hillside… it was less weathered than the rest of this place too.

This definitely felt like it could be a place that held secrets. Viltia pulled her tethers close to her Rahi body and urged her tread forward. She placed a paw upon the dark stone and tried to open the door and enter this strange place.

Touching the door, the feeling of something dark and powerful waiting for her inside felt like it reached straight to her pocket dimension to touch her soul. This wasn’t the home temple of any Aspects she knew.

 

OOC: @Eyru

  • Like 2

-----------------------------

Lewa_Protodermic_Transformation.jpg.423767a94dc72d6925130b562072f725.jpg

--------- “Guide me as I travel the land of the dead. Help me to embrace their experiences and use them to empower me.” ---------

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Niidak (Relic Fields)

She spotted her hoverbike and walked up to it, paranoically continuing to observe her surroundings in the case more Untethered would appear. Once she reached the bike, which was still where she had left it, she tried to focus on finishing the repairs. It took a short while, but with her knack for technology she was soon done.

She quickly hopped onto the bike and hit the pedal to the metal to drive away from this place as fast as possible. It was somewhat difficult to navigate at night, but at least she could see the silhouettes of the ruins to avoid crashing into them. 

As she drove, she pondered where to go next. This journey was supposed to fund a small vacation of sorts, but the iStone she had found was probably not enough to fund one. She might have to go out scavenging for more, and next time she’d definitely go somewhere else. She was sick of the Junk Fields and their paper-filled crystal towers. The encounter with the Untethered had been the last straw.

First, of course, she’d have to get rid of the items she had found, so she drove westward back to Ko-Pou. If Kini-Koroans wouldn’t buy her junk again, then perhaps the Tobduk-Koroans would. In either case, she’d need to go through the portal to Kini-Nui first.

She noticed dark clouds gathering in the east, covering some of the stars. Looks like it was going to rain in Kini-Koro just as she was going there. Perfect timing, as always. 

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 3

still alive somehow

BZRPG profiles

Six Kingdoms profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Stannis | The Far Shore

Stanza 1 — Atramentous

The Wanderer came to on a blistering hot surface. At first he thought it was a desert with the open pale-blue sky over his head and the sizzle of the hard surface that cooked his flesh whenever he moved, but the gentle rocking of the surface told him it was, in fact a boat. He sat up and looked around, astonished by the scene, and he quickly clambered to his feet. 

It was a boat alright, a small yawl by the looks of it, and there was no company for Stannis but the hungry cawing of cormorants far-off to the starboard side. The sails were not unfurled and the booms lazily hung off the mast without so much as an inkling of the wind’s tension. By all appearances it seemed as though it had remained where it was for quite some time, and upon some brief inspection Stannis discovered several other facts that led to no discernible conclusions. He checked in the small cabin at the stern end of the craft for a boat’s log, and while there was indeed a log it contained very little information. The boat was called the Atramentous, built in Stelt and being sold to an unknown benefactor. Stannis determined that it must not have been delivered yet since there had not been an entry by a proper captain yet, just the scribbles of a shipyard foreman, but the boat showed some small evidences of use: The sails had been folded away haphazardly, the ropes strewn about the deck had been coiled by an unskilled hand, and perhaps most perplexing of all was the lowered anchor that kept the craft mostly in place.

Clearly the yawl had been occupied by someone. The Wanderer scratched his head in confusion; was he the one to have used the boat? He wondered how long he had been lying on the deck under the merciless beating of the sun. His cloak, once a dark charcoal, had been bleached to a pale complexion on the whole front side, and he compared the back of it to the front several times in aghast fascination at the contrast between the rich color on one side and the blanched on the other. By the looks of the evidence he could have been lying there for weeks. But that couldn’t be right—... could it? 

Stannis looked around the boat some more and found few other implements. In the cabin there was a table neatly set with navigational equipment: A chart of the sea was laid out, recently unfurled such that the corners curved up sharply and needed to be weighted with stones and a candelabra, and a sextant so new it was still stored in it's manufacturer’s box. Upon some analysis of the map he realized, with increasing despair, that he could still be anywhere in the world. The map was clearly only part of a larger whole, but it only revealed an expanse of ocean on three fourths of its area and a sliver of land at a far section. The Wanderer did not know what island it was supposed to be, he only knew it existed somewhere to the west end of the map. 

That was the question he kept in his mind as night fell upon the Atramentous. Stars popped into the dusk sky like flitting embers from a fire coming to rest on a slab of slate, and one by one Stannis counted them, cataloguing them in his mind and comparing what he saw to the skies he admitted to memory. The Wanderer was not limited to vocations of chronicling sagas or archiving possessions, serving instead as a recorder of events and fates, and in his eons sojourning the Matoran Universe he had observed countless starry skies and while his skill was not the same as an astrologer—Nixie still remained the foremost among those scholars—he nevertheless possessed sufficient knowledge for the purposes of understanding the patterns and movements of the celestial bodies. What surprised him, however, was that the stars were not aligning with any period of history he had recorded even though they were recognizable formations of constellations he knew. 

Pulling the sextant out in the middle of the nautical twilight he pointed it at the horizon, found his celestial beacon of choice, and calibrated his device accordingly. He did this several times, using several stars while he still could do so in the fading light, and logged the resulting coordinates he received after each use in a desperate, if methodical, attempt at answering two important questions: Where was he, and when was he? By the time the horizon was no longer demarcated visibly he had taken over a dozen measurements with the device and then turned to mark them on the chart as best he could. As best he could tell from what the the sextant was telling him he was somewhere to the southeast of the island’s coordinates.

After dark he meditated on the idea and tried to rest easy with the knowledge that he needed to cast off northwest to reach land and hopefully further unravel the mystery of his situation and the Far Shore's mythos. He was eager to get to the bottom of things, and the line he told to Parnassus and others ringed in his head like a focusing mantra, Time is infinite but in insufficient supply. Whatever was the true nature of the Far Shore was both the reason he had come through the portal and what he hoped to solve sooner rather than later, regardless that haste meant little in a dimension of shifting realities and timelines. But one thing troubled him as he tried to rest and niggled at the back of his mind as he did so: If the stars and sextant told him the landmass was to the northwest then why were the bird calls invariably coming what he determined was the south? In the morning, he doubled his research and concluded that the birds were truly to the south and the sextant indeed told him the island should be to the north, both great pieces of evidence that conflicted with each other.

Should he trust the sextant and the stars? Or should he trust in his intuition and self-reliance? He had all the knowledge he needed already, there was no more to garner and glean, and his taboos and magicks were of no use to him where he was, leaving him to decide with only what he already possessed. He held the sextant in his hand as he weighed its worth, as though his hand were some arcane scale that could measure the truth of the device, and then, finally, he made up his mind. 

While Stannis had failed somewhat as an airship pilot, he had in fact garnered a significant skill in sailing, and so it was not with his usual sluggishness or hesitation that he began to ready the Atramentous for movement. His hands moved deftly through the coils of rope, yanking the anchor up took almost no effort at all, and his footing on the rigging nets was remarkably sure as he climbed up to unfurl the sails and catch what little wind they could seize. At first they were empty as a prospector's goldpan, but yet again the old Wanderer maneuvered the boom with expert guidance to snatch the breeze just so, and soon afterwards the craft was moving. 

South, he had determined. The sextant was thrust to the wayside, a useless bauble that had only confounded him before. There was no function to it anymore as Stannis had decided its findings were unimportant; the Wanderer, the Prophet, would follow the advice of none other but himself. He knew best, after all—he knew the realities of life without the rose-tinted lenses of theoreticals, and his gut and mind alike had told him to put the sextant away. Stannis knew better than the device, that was a hunch he was willing to bet on. Sure enough, the sound of birds across the horizon became more pronounced over the day, lending credibility to his self-confidence.

What his skills consistently mirrored, however, was that while Stannis was a capable enough pilot the practice of landing still eluded him on sea just as it did in the air. He found land on the eve of the second day of cruising. Indeed, he'd unceremoniously crashed into it.

  • Like 6

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Crucia - Skakdi of Water and Cyclone

Location - Eastern Sea

 

The ocean was a peaceful breeze.

It ebbed and flowed, gently drifting from here to there. Slow moving waves raising the lowering in repeating patterns.

The way the morning sun reflected off the water was Crucia’s reason to keep going. As the sun rose over the ocean, so too would she rise above the complacency of those in the Rig as the warskaks grew ever more powerful.

The ocean was a soothing friend.

It embraced her with its cool arms, always inviting. It never slept and so was always there to keep her company.

The way the noon sun filtered down from above to brush the kelp and fish beneath was Crucia’s reasoning for getting Desecrated. Even the ocean, bathed in light, still harbored its shadows. And so too did she.

The ocean was a powerful ally.

It swallowed everything gifted to it, rarely giving up what was offered. It could crush the shore with little thought, never caring for what might happen to the land.

The way the sunset lit the waters was enough evidence for Crucia to see the power hidden in secret places. That glow spoke to more than just a play of the light.

The air itself was seasoned with salt, the water full of life. In it Crucia had found her calling. She captured fish both to eat and to sell, providing food for many hungry Skakdi. It had its dangers. Takea sharks and Tarakava, among other things. It was hard work, but it was work worth doing.

Or so she had lied to herself. She was being forced to catch fish, cheated of even her own meals for hundreds of years. What little she was given was never enough. The demand to catch more was always there, looming over her, a crushing weight that left her without breath under the stress.

So she had sought help from the dark. She had found an Aspect aligned with her own goals. Crucia needed the power to change her life, this Aspect sought power to change her own.

But then the world had been turned upside down. The Tahtorak had destroyed Crucia’s home, the Rig. The only thing that had saved her was being forced to work overtime to catch her quota the day of the attack. The worst part, her boss had survived too.

The ocean sought to destroy.

It crushed and killed. It shook and drowned. It roared and tossed. It grabbed all it could and gleefully smashed it all, dragging it down into its depths.

The way the lightning illuminated the storm and the crashing waves was the reason Crucia had no hope. She couldn’t overcome that which was beyond her capability.

The sharp pain left her side. Crucia looked down and held the knife wound to keep it from sparking. Her head was rocked to the side in an explosion of color as she was slapped hard and fell to the ground, head slamming on the deck of the boat of her boss, Silver.

The Ko-Skakdi reached down and picked up Crucia by the frills, glowering at her, “Let that be a lesson to you, you piece of junk. Just because we’re nomadic now don’t mean you can SLACK OFF.” Silver slammed Crucia’s forehead into the deck. The Ko-Skakdi’s anger always manifested in the natural Skakdi way, violence.

Crucia was too disoriented to be able to formulate a reply. It was always the same. Every. Single. Time. Silver would abuse her and demand more, Crucia would comply, but silently vow to use her powers to kill Silver next time. Then the next time would roll around and the fear would wash back over Crucia like the next wave upon the shore. She would seize up, not even being able to use her Kraata power of Cyclone to defend herself.

Silver walked a few steps away and Crucia couldn’t hear her as she talked to her crew, who were jeering in the background. She came back over to Crucia, kicked the Ga-Skakdi in the side, and laughed, cruel and vicious.

Then Crucia was lifted by two Skakdi and dragged to the side of the ship. Her knees dragged on the wooden deck and a stray strip of rope. They picked her up and threw her overboard to her smaller ship below. There was a moment of freefalling where she felt like this was the end and death was nigh. That she would hit a dangerous part of her boat and that would be it. Dead before she ever stood up for herself. Thankfully, her friends were able to catch her. They were always there. She wasn’t sure if she could continue without them.

The minutes slowly ticked away, full of pain. The wretched noises of Silver’s crew taking all of her catch brought its own pain. As she slowly recovered from the physical trauma, one of her friends patched her knife wound.

Crucia listened to the waves as they rocked her boat, trying her best to ignore the ever quieting engines as Silver’s ship moved away. The ocean, as it did every time, slowly calmed her, letting her sleep and recuperate.

  • Like 3

-----------------------------

Lewa_Protodermic_Transformation.jpg.423767a94dc72d6925130b562072f725.jpg

--------- “Guide me as I travel the land of the dead. Help me to embrace their experiences and use them to empower me.” ---------

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui, Bunker)

Thankfully, this time her call went through, but the tone that responded only made her expression scrunch up in angered annoyance, her face flashing red with irritation. Just managing to keep herself from yelling back through the radio, she tried her best to calmly explain the situation to him...Of course, its pretty hard to be calm when someone picks up the radio like that.

"First off, watch who you talk to with that tone." She said in a threatening tone, "Second off, I need you to get your rear end in the sky now. The Tahtorak is near Kini-Koro and I need a bead on its position."

Irritated by Knichou's tone and having to deal with Sidra, she didn't give him a chance to respond before she hung up, focusing her attention on the NUVA. Sighing, she addressed Sidra as she responded to their pleas. "I have my doubts concerning what you are saying about It...but if you think you can keep it away from Kini-Koro, I suppose it might be worth a shot." What she said could have ended right than and there, but she added one more thing to the proposal, her tone making it obvious she won't budge on the matter. "But, after you're attempt, success or failure, assuming things don't go to Karzhani, you will let us at least take the Sphere to Nuju to at least examine."

OOC: @BULiK @Gecko Greavesy

IC: Apex (Fau Swamp)

As Keitara, Irna, Tekmo, and Waveahk met each other once more, their voices faintly sounding out through the muffled jungle canopy, another voice joined them, like the sound of several Rahi being composited into ordinary speech. "Waveahk! What is it you have found?"

Calling out, Apex broke through the nearby foliage, her full fearsome form on display as she noticed the gathering, her posture immediately dropping low in a defensive nature. "Interlopers, who are you to tread upon my domain?" She demanded.

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @Toru Nui @Void Emissary @TL01 NUVA

Edited by Sparticus147
Added Apex
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula) - Not You People Again

"Oh no..." Mutated palm met mutated face. Just what he needed.

"Your domain? I do beg your pardon, but it’s not as if there are any 'keep out' signs-"

"You NEED to SHUT UP, Tekmo. Apex, relax. These people aren’t dangerous. Intentionally." Waveahk glared at Keitara, the whole giant crab incident not going unremembered. "I suppose I should be thankful that it’s only you, and that hothead and airhead are nowhere to be seen."

@Sparticus147@TL01 NUVA@Void Emissary@Keeper of Kraata

 

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, The Ambling Alp, Exterior) - Rain of Terror

'Speaking with storms'. That was a new one. Certainly seemed as if there was a storm coming...

@Void Emissary

 

IC: Achro (Kini-Koro, Airdock, Landing Pad, The Taku, Exterior) - Oh No, My One Weakness

Taking Kantai at his word, Achro used the elevator as Sanso did, and - if no one was going to stop him - shambled aboard the Taku. It looked like it was about to rain, and well, he didn’t like rain. Elemental tradition dictated it so.

@BULiK

 

IC: Gnabol (Kini-Koro, Airdock, The Taku, Exterior) - Tonight’s Forecast

"Hmm. Looks as if it’s about to rain. Heavily, too. That’s odd, being in the middle of the desert."

@NorikSigma

  • Like 2

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

IC Kanohi and “Collector” - Tobduk-Koro

Councilor Kanohi nodded vaguely, but he had to disagree. This might be important. If only because if the Protoderms originally came from this island, then if this island is destroyed, there is a chance that no one would be left of their peoples. And that was … upsetting.

As he paused Collector approached, coughing. “Oh um, Collector. Or, whatever you end up wishing to go by. Councilor NU is currently missing, so Ulkarr has been appointed as councilor in her stead by the other Vahki.

The Vortixx nodded slowly and said, “I have been thinking. My fixation on the element of Ice, the way my blade makes moisture in the air turn to mist. I will adopt the name Komisti, I think.

Kanohi sighed with relief, “That is wonderful, Komisti. Um, is something wrong?

They shook their head, drumming their Kanoka Blade’s hilt. “I was speaking to Sucordak, he is willing to offer us four spare disks of weakening. Given that we have another leader to monitor things, and we are prepared for an attack, should you, Sucordak, and I attempt to forge the blades now?

Oh, um, right,” He had forgotten about that, “Um, Councilor Ulkarr, Vahki, would it be alright if I leave for the moment to work in Forge of Vakama? One of the new defenses Akiri Vulimai and I discussed is to build Kanoka Blades of Weakening, to better equip our village and Kini-Koro. If you would not mind, I would like to begin working on the project.

OOC: @Toru Nui want to have Obedient intercept the message that the Rain Demon might be approaching Kini-Koro?

  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka Avatar by @Harvali and edited by @Kal the Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

"The name's Parnassus," the Aspect said, looking back towards the man Leklo. Now, watching him properly, they could see that he was a taller man than to be expected amongst the Builders -- or at least taller than either Caedast or Korruhn had been -- and rather ostentatiously decked out in polished chrome armour and a fluttering red cape which caught the stormy breeze ably. The Aspect was sorry to have brushed past him, for the two weren't so different in aesthetics, but time was of the essence.

"We have a mutual friend in Ca-- in Stannis," Parnassus continued. "He told me that I could count on you as a guide in this place. Is this true?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Toru Nui

IC: Irna | Kumu Peninsula

Irna dropped to one knee. She had heard stories of beings like this one -- what the maskbearers called Rahi-Nui and what the Zyglak referred to as Shepherd of All -- but had never dared to believe that she would be witness to one in the flesh. She had believed such things to be folktales told around the fire, and that if they had ever been real, they had all been killed by the maskbearers before even her birth. To see one ... to hear its voice...

"Forgive us, Great One," she said. "We mean you no danger or disrespect in coming to your lands. We seek only knowledge to help a friend in need, and we believe that knowledge to be beyond your swamps in the place called Kumu. We humbly ask permission to pass through your territory."

OOC: @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA @Sparticus147

-Void

  • Like 3

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Void Emissary said:

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

"The name's Parnassus," the Aspect said, looking back towards the man Leklo. "We have a mutual friend in Ca-- in Stannis," Parnassus continued. "He told me that I could count on you as a guide in this place. Is this true?"

IC Leklo | Kini-Koro, the Ambling Alp

The slip of the tongue did not go by unnoticed by Leklo's quick mind, which was discreetly held close to his chest while he portrayed the outward appearance of a slow and incredibly calculated climber. Though he was not quick in most actions, his senses were trained to detect even the slightest of differences and flaws, and a verbal mistake no matter how smoothly brushed off, was no exception. He did not press the matter, however, instead choosing to bide his time and address it later, if and when it became something worth checking on, and instead added "Ca" to the back of his mind as a footnote pertinent to the enigmatic Wanderer's identity. 

He assumed, however, that Parnassus had come with Stannis on the airship, an easy conclusion to reach since he had not seen this traveler ever before and he had indeed come from Stannis' airship's hold, and with that erroneous narrative in mind he concluded to offer Parnassus aid just as he would to Stannis. In terms of appearance, Parnassus looked very much alike to the Wanderer's visage, weather-worn and wind-ravaged clothes and armor being the trappings of vagrants it seemed. "I can offer assistance, yes. You are new to the settlement. Where do you come from?" he asked, curious. "And what do you want to do here?"

  • Like 2

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui, Bunker)

"But, after you're attempt, success or failure, assuming things don't go to Karzhani, you will let us at least take the Sphere to Nuju to at least examine."

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

Not this again... Sidra was in no mood for another argument, especially not the sequel to one she'd already won. There was no time to engage in another debate, and Nektann's life - no matter how much Viltia valued it - wasn't worth giving up a potential weapon. So naturally, Sidra took the path of least resistance and told Vulimai what she wanted to hear.

"Sure," she said, "But if anyone on your side fires first, deal's off." She started to turn away, only to notice Sorilax waiting for her. "Unless you want to tag along while I try to have a chat with a Tahtorak, you might need to find your own way home. Sorry." 

@Sparticus147 @Kal the Guardian

  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Sidra, Vulimai, Rahkshi One, Two, and Three

 

A Tahtorak? Sorilax wondered if it was rite-born or natural. But Sidra seemed far too in a hurry for him to stop and ask. “Very well. Until we meet again, Sidra. Take care of yourself and those around you.

Then he turned to the south, the way he and Sala had arrived a month before. He activated his Calix, feeling the rush of increased reaction time, and sprinted off into the jungle, his Rahkshi gleefully rushing to catch up.
 

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Sparticus147

  • Like 2

-----------------------------

Lewa_Protodermic_Transformation.jpg.423767a94dc72d6925130b562072f725.jpg

--------- “Guide me as I travel the land of the dead. Help me to embrace their experiences and use them to empower me.” ---------

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kas | The Great Telescope

"Hey, took you guys long enough," came a voice. "I've been waiting for what feels like months..."

A familiar toa of fire rounded a stone outcropping, carrying a jagged piece of pipe on which a freshly roasted crab was impaled and steaming. "Got hungry, so I rustled up some dinner. Any chance you found my mask—"

Then Kas caught sight of the titan who stood near the Matoran. He dropped his dinner with a yelp of surprise and raised a hand. A yellow-blue fireball smoked to life in his palm, ready to throw.

"What's this... thing? It with you?"

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Suva of Water

Brandishing her handful of glowing algae, Drokk stepped out of the water and, dripping, approached the walls of the grotto. She walked on the muddy, sandy ground, stepping over the footprints left by whoever had come here before her. The footprints, walking clockwise around the room, were not fresh: they were dried into the mud. Who knew how long it had been since they were made? For all she knew, the elderly skakdi might have been the first to step foot here in years.

A closer inspection of the grotto's walls revealed three separate carvings, each spaced equidistantly from the others around the circular cave. The carving to the left of the grotto's entrance depicted a wizened being (a turaga) holding four disks. Three of the disks appeared to be in the process of merging together to produce the fourth disk, which was emblazoned with an unfamiliar symbol.

The second carving, which lay directly opposite from the entrance to the grotto, depicted a diminutive being (a matoran) wearing a strange kanohi mask. From the nose down, it was a strikingly plain mask. But the top half had a disk-shaped protuberance incorporated into its forehead, like a circular tumor. This disk was engraved with another symbol.

To the right of the entrance was the third and final carving, which depicted a taller, more muscular being (a toa) holding two disks, one in each hand. The two disks were identical, each bearing the same symbol.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Jungle South of Kini-Nui

With - Rahkshi One, Two, and Three

 

This mask of Fate was absolutely incredible. Sorilax was able to see, comprehend, and react to things astonishingly faster than normal. Rocks, ferns, roots; they all were perceived and responded to with swift decisions. If he could feel gravity in a more normal way, he figured it might feel like he was gliding, or even flying, over the ground.

His Rahkshi chased after him, doing surprisingly well even without Calixes of their own. They rushed through the underbrush, knocking aside low hanging branches or brushing past tall flowers of all colors.

With his Life Kraata sensing, Sorilax easily avoided any predators, not that they would have attacked him anymore anyway, but he did so for his Rahkshi.

What had once been a long distance quickly turned into a short sprint as Sorilax reached the part of the mountain Sala and he had climbed down. He wasted no time and constructed a hardlight ladder up into the snowy peaks. He took the rungs three at a time, rushing up the construct. His worry over misplacing a hand or foot was negated by the power flowing through his mask.

One and Three teleported to the top of the mountain while Two more slowly followed after his father on the ladder.

What had once taken half a day took only a few hours and soon Sorilax was atop one of the southern peaks that hemmed in Kini-Nui’s valley. As he looked south, concern grew in him. Where the marshes were supposed to be, vast and dreary, was instead a giant gulf filled with water.

All that life, gone. For a moment he doubted if he had left the Far Shore. Was this still all some other twisted reality? But he had gotten his rewards. He was out. But if that was so, just what had happened in his month absence? He wished Sala was here so they could discuss the possibilities.

Well, this only increased his want to see the residents of Le-Metru Nuva safe and well. Sorilax began his descent, creating a hardlight pole that he slid down instead of climbing down a ladder.

As he navigated the mountain range with precision over the course of the next couple hours, it quickly became apparent that he would be free of it before a full day of travel.

With the gathering rain clouds, the moon was hid most of that night, as were the stars. Although he no longer could sense Shadows, his glowing form and his constructs lit the way for him and his Rahkshi. The nigh unconquerable mountains were traversed with a speed Sorilax had never traveled before.

But as he walked down the foothills that were now somehow covered with trees, he noticed something. He was trudging along now, stumbling as he went. He was moved by his urgency, but not by active thought. There was a mental drain happening to him, much like how his body had mysteriously been drained by the doorway. He tried to think over what might be causing it, but had a hard time thinking about anything. After a few minutes more of walking aimlessly, he realized it must be his mask. Apparently his subconscious being able to focus on his hardlight constructs for days did not directly translate to keeping a Kanohi powered on for several hours.

Sorilax turned the mask off, actually forced to sit down and rest.

One and Three began a mock fight with each other as Two went off to find some food. Two returned a short time later with a small Mahi. Two then proceeded to create duplicates of the Mahi until his brothers and him had their fill. They ate… ravenously. After they were finished, the original Mahi went free.

Sorilax watched with pride as they filled themselves. He could not wait to see what the Aqua Sphere had in store for him. Surely the ability to create life outside of Taboos was near. He turned his head east. The storm clouds now lingered to the north and he could finally see the moon and stars. The moon cast its glint on the Aqua Sphere, which hung in the air like a droplet of water, reflecting the soft light. It spoke of his hope for a better future for all life. He was comforted and encouraged by the sight.

After an hour of rest, his tireless body and mind was rejuvenated, so they continued south.

They reached the water’s edge far faster than Sorilax knew was normal, the sun rising to the east providing illumination to the dark water below. The distance to the swamp from shore to shore, even if the marsh had simply disappeared, should have been farther away. So the island truly had shrunk in his absence. That was certainly concerning. It spoke to a problem beyond the scope of controlling Life and thus beyond him.

Perhaps Nuju, even with his Aspect like ways, was correct. Maybe the Far Shore really did need to be traveled to find the Makoki stones and solidify reality in Tren Krom’s realm.

Sorilax pondered this. He did not have time to undertake another journey, but perhaps he should tell the villagers of Le-Metru Nuva. They might be able to do something about it.

The way down to the water far below was treacherous and sheer, as if the island had simply disappeared instead of only shrinking. Once again a hardlight pole allowed Two and himself the ability to safely and quickly make their way down. One and Three teleported to the other side already. No doubt they were inspecting the Fau Swamp while they waited.

The rocks at the bottom of the channel were surprisingly clean of algae and barnacles. They were not even weathered by many days of rain and waves. This cleaving of the island had been recent. Sorilax looked around. He did not even see Rahi nests.

Still, this was something to ponder later, potentially after learning how to use his second element. Sorilax created a hardlight boat and Two shoved off the vessel, quickly jumping in.

Creating hardlight oars, Sorilax began rowing. He would get to Le-Metru Nuva far faster than he should have normally, it seemed.

  • Like 2

-----------------------------

Lewa_Protodermic_Transformation.jpg.423767a94dc72d6925130b562072f725.jpg

--------- “Guide me as I travel the land of the dead. Help me to embrace their experiences and use them to empower me.” ---------

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2021 at 1:20 PM, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Stannis | Kini-Nui

{Whisper, seek out your answers and the secrets will follow. You'll see me soon.}

IC: Whisper - Antidermis Caldera

Alone with her thoughts as she approached the place of her creation, Whisper was so startled by Stannis' sudden mental intrusion that she almost evacuated her armour. She tried to reach out, to reply, but there was no connection. Evidently Stannis had ventured into one of the Ruins or something. 

Her essence churned with trepidation as she crept down the slope and approached the shore of the antidermis pool. There was no telling when it would want her back, and being this close to it, she couldn't help but feel terrified that now was the time. But she couldn't turn her back, no matter how much she wished to. Not now. Not when she was so close to finally understanding. 

Of course, now that she was finally here, she was still left with the question of how to get what she needed. Drawing her tendrils up close to her dome so they didn't drag too close to the antidermis pool, Whisper attempted to levitate out over the surface, towards the island in its centre. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Sidra – Kini-Nui

Turning away from the group, Sidra reached up to adjust the lens on her kanohi, zooming in on the craggy cliffs that surrounded the valley. She focused on a good spot midway up the formation, in the direction the clouds looked to be coming from, and shadow-travelled to it. Even as she initiated the jump, sinking into her own shadow, she could tell this power had also been impacted by the door’s insatiable draining. She could feel a… reluctance, a resistance, her every step through the dark feeling like she was wading through a marsh.

But at last she stumbled out from the dark hollow beneath a sheltered outcropping on the mountainside. From there, she continued to carefully work her way upwards - on foot when it was safe to do so - and by teleporting when the power was recharged enough for her to continue upwards. "You picked one Karzahni of a hill to die on, Sidra," she muttered to herself, as she forced her tired body to walk ever upwards, "Get yourself killed unlocking a crazy Tahtorak-killing mech... nearly die again doing the same for someone else... then try to save the first Tahtorak that comes your way." 

It took another few minutes and several more jumps before she finally reached a position from which she was high enough to see over the mountainside and get a clearer view of the storm swinging in from the south. 

She looked out towards the heart of the rainy haze in the distance, admiring the fleeting flashes of lightning as she searched for some sign of the colossal creature that surely dwelled within. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC: @Eyru Whisper attempting to investigate the Caldera, Sidra searching for some sign of Nektann

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kilo-M9 NUVA - Kini-Nui:

Searching database for ‘Tahtorak’

Entry found in Patiwairutiki’s database: Tahtorak are Rite-Born Kaiju.

Kaiju must be eliminated. However, proximity to Kini-Koro is concerning. Matoran may be put in danger from immediate confrontation.

Ally Atamai, this unit believes Ally Sidra should be given opportunity to direct the tahtorak away from Kini-Koro before engaging,” the machine explained as it climbed into its kaita ACR. “Once the tahtorak is away from the city, this unit will eliminate it. Assistance will be helpful.”

 OOC: @~Xemnas~

  • Like 1

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Sea, North of Le-Metru Nuva

With - Rahkshi One, Two, and Three

 

With the job of rowing being a monotonous one, Sorilax spent the time practicing his new Light abilities. He was not certain of what awaited him inside of the Aqua Sphere and he needed to be ready for anything. So he spent his time warping the Light around himself, rendering himself essentially invisible.

Waves rocked the hardlight vessel, the small boat bobbing on the open water. Two busied himself by leaning over the edge of the vessel and trying to see all the different species of fish he sensed below.

This Light warping technique was not at all like Sorilax’s hardlight construct technique. It drained far too much elemental energy to be kept going for long periods of time. Although after several hours of tireless rowing and practice, Sorilax felt he had a strong grasp on the technique. He should probably spend one more night practicing it, then begin his journey to the Aqua Sphere.

The opposite cliff face loomed over them as they approached. It too was untouched by years of water and wind, as if it had been only recently cracked apart. One and Three peered down from the top, glints of light in the noon sun.

Sorilax studied the sheer wall of craggy rock and dirt. Roots were cut off instead of poking through the face of the cliff. Truly mysterious. He scanned possible climbing routes up, letting his years of navigating the mountains of Zakaz to study wildlife guide him.

He mentally set his route and created his hardlight ladders. Unlike descending the opposite cliff face, this took over an hour of climbing. Sorilax decided to forego usage of his Calix to instead continue to practice warping his Light, which slowed things down considerably. Thankfully, his vessel did not tire and his slow and methodical pace gradually granted him success in his endeavor to scale the cliff.

Venturing forth into the Fau Swamp proved quite interesting. Something was off. He could sense it in the patterns of the bushes, in the bark on the trees, in the way the vines hung. In some places, the swamp mutagen seemed to be whipped up into a fervor of decrepit foulness. Past a thicket of thorny brambles and over a two story high root that was coated with flat, brown mushrooms, a shallow pond granted him answers.

The reeds around it were either dead or afflicted with unknowable changes that were certainly not just normal swamp mutagen. Some glowed, some had optics, some even had grown limbs. One was eating a small toad; Sorilax could see through the enlarged reed’s translucent “stomach” and watch as the toad was slowly digested. But what really stole his focus was the pond itself. It was silver and tainted, with traces of shadow running through it. He could see how it was seeping into the ground around it, slowly poisoning the soil itself.

It was defiled energized protodermis.

How it got here, he could not formulate an answer, but he knew that travel on the swamp floor was now even more dangerous. He ordered his Rahkshi to climb.

The pace became even slower, even with his Calix on, as they walked massive branches and clung to vines to stabilize themselves in the dark of the under canopy. With Sorilax and Two’s Life Kraata power, the Rahi and giant insects they encountered let them pass in peace, so that was one less thing to worry about. But the going was tough.

The air was heavy with humidity. Water droplets occasionally fell from leaf layer to the next leaf layer in small, almost streams. The water played over the many segments of his long arms as he moved aside smaller branches and the many clinging vines. One area had mushroom spores so large and densely packed that they blocked the group’s vision as if the spores were a form of heavy yellow fog. Thankfully, his Rahkshi and him were all enclosed in air tight armor and were able to crawl along the large branches of the massive banyan trees to find their way forward.

As their southward trek turned slightly west they came upon a strange sight. It was a group of branches that had been flattened out and widened in the upper canopy, a good 100 feet or so in the air. And it was made that way by no workman’s hand. The very trees themselves had been warped to form a passage. Perhaps this was of Viltia’s doing?

This sky pathway went on for a bit, but then disappeared without Sorilax realizing when he had lost the trail. He backtracked to find the path again, but only got more lost. So he just headed the direction in which he knew the village lay. About ten minutes later, he found the path again, except a different segment. It went on for a while before it twisted to the southeast and vanished yet again. What was going on here?

Before he could ponder further, a voice came from the canopy above him, “Sorilax?

There was a rustle of leaves like a fresh summer breeze and Wing softly was deposited in a short flurry of wind on the branch before him, limbs mutated to be elongated. She held a Zamor Sphere Launcher in one hand and a Vahki Staff in the other.

Sorilax looked her up and down and frowned, “Have I ever made your acquaintance before?

Wing looked over the Rahkshi who were constantly looking between their father and the newcomer. They looked dangerous, but they seemed to be with Sorilax. And Sorilax… he was glowing. Had he changed his nature, then? And those new weapons of his, where had he gotten them? She turned to Sorilax, “It’s me, Wing. Torch helped Sidra save the village from a giant undead thing. He apparently fulfilled his Destiny and apparently I was destined to become a Toa. I was mutated during this, but Viltia made a mask of Mutation and fixed me, mostly. So… did you do it?

Sorilax was taken aback, “Wing? Great jumping Mahi! It does me good to see you well, and to hear of a successful defense of the village.

Sorilax held up a hand in which he formed a small ball of golden light, “And yes, I achieved my third Grand Wish step. I have changed not only my element, but my very nature as an Aspect. Sidra can verify the validity of my claims. She tells me she has joined the village here.

Wing smirked, then looked around, “Well then I believe you. Hey, where’s Sala?

Sorilax’s artificial face grew sullen beneath his Calix, “Sala and I separately entered a realm of infinite possibilities called the Far Shore. Though it was but a few days for myself, a month passed here. Sala has yet to return. But through my connection to him, I know he still lives and I will know when he returns.

Wing’s smirk dropped, “Oh….” Whatever else she was going to ask or say suddenly fell from her mind, even about the Rahkshi. The breeze that gently surrounded her died down slightly. “Well, follow me. I’m sure everyone is dying to see you.

Sorilax nodded, “Thank you. I shall do my best to keep up.

As Wing led them on the way back, they passed what Sorilax had thought was vines wrapped around a solid branch. Instead it was a false wall and the next part of the path was revealed on the other side. Very clever. So the path was not straight and true for the purpose of keeping Le-Metru Nuva hidden while still providing to those who knew the ability to traverse the treetops quickly.

Le-Metru Nuva quickly came into view in the few shafts of light that managed to break through the canopy. It was spectacular.

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Formatting.
  • Like 2

-----------------------------

Lewa_Protodermic_Transformation.jpg.423767a94dc72d6925130b562072f725.jpg

--------- “Guide me as I travel the land of the dead. Help me to embrace their experiences and use them to empower me.” ---------

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Kantai - Beside Gnabol below the Taku

"Huh. That is strange..." Kantai knew there was occasional drizzling or heavy mist in some areas of the hills where he had his abode, but this was unsual.

"I think something's wrong."

IC: Sanso - On the Taku

Well, this first minute on the ship certainly was not what Sanso expected, but he couldn't say he was disappointed. He waited to follow Skyra's lead.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Snelly

Edited by NorikSigma
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Hospital

Knichou groaned, looking to Nale with a sarcastic expression as he silently mouthed Vulimai's classic opening phrase, along with one hand acting like a mocking sock puppet of the village leader. If his girlfriend hadn't heard him announce the Matoran's name earlier when he picked up the call, that mocking gesture would have been more than enough to pinpoint exactly who Knichou was talking to. While they were initially annoyed yet playful, Knichou's optics focused with intensity before he could roll them again, and the Toa straightened his posture, no longer leaning casually against the wall of the room.

"Loud and clear," he transmitted, before cutting the feed. His optics scanned the room, passing between everyone as he held the attention of the entire chamber. "We just got a skyscraper-sized problem. No rest for the weary, huh?"

The commander immediately went to work with the controls on his gauntlet, giving Berys a call over the Taku's frequency, talking loud enough for the whole room to overhear his orders.

"Berys, lift off and hover near the hospital to pick up the me and the Captain. We might have a Tahtorak inbound and we'll need to scout it out for visual confirmation. Get all crew to battle stations, I want everyone to have their optics calibrated."

The Nynran sighed and gave a shrug.

"Well, nice seeing you three, but Nale and I are going to have to cut it short whenever the Taku gets here, and none of you are in any condition to tag along."

IC: Taku Crew, Airdock Prime, The Taku

With everyone aboard, the Taku began to rise into a low hover and cruise towards the nearby hospital.

OOC: There was some confusion about whether the Tahtorak was visible from the village, that's been resolved. Past Taku interactions from the past page are now out of retcon limbo, though some edits need to be made the gist of it is the same. Everyone who wanted to board is on board and whatnot.

On 3/3/2021 at 9:20 PM, Eyru said:

IC: Tuyet | The Coliseum

Tuyet emerged into the dim light of the half-sunken city and continued to make her way towards the location of the airship Aurax had provided. Exuze noticed that she walked without hesitation or second-guessing. She obviously knew this city well, even though it was partially destroyed and only getting worse by the day.  The Coliseum rose from a city that was now mostly submerged. Along the walls of the great metal skull, one could see the lights of a new metru that had been erected to replace the drowned districts.

IC: Exuze, Metru-Nui

Exuze did his best to keep pace with the Toa who seemed to care less whether or not he got left behind. The Lesterin, still confused, tried to talk up a conversation.

"So ya can time travel, right? If ya travelled back in time ta change somethin' that 'appened ta me..." Exuze began, not wanting to relive the details of how he lost his arm. "Would that change me or make a new universe where I'mma different me?"

OOC: @Eyru

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Katrin Nuva - Hospital:

Kat didn't really know the specifics of what a skyscraper was, but the connotations were clear. Something big was coming. Something she should help with. And well. The word Tahtorak was pretty clear. She'd only ever seen pictures of such creatures on her island, and she'd sadly not gotten the chance to go see the live exhibit in the archives before the world ended. The confusion came up here. as far as she knew, Tahtorak were big, but not big enough to scrape the sky? Then again, the people of Metru Nui generally seemed to know more about things than she did. So being, she struggled to get up once more, pushing past the pain of her wounds.

"Knichou, wait! If there's a big danger coming, I can't just sit around in here, I gotta help!"

@BULiK@Tarn@Onaku

Edited by The UltimoScorp
  • Like 1

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Hospital

"I appreciate the sentiment, but you can do the most help by staying put and healing up for future battles - you'd just hurt yourself if you came with us, and I don't want that on my conscience."

A snug-looking weighted blanket shimmered into existence above the Toa of fire, floating downwards over the Ta-Toa's body to help pressure her back into resting.

"You haven't been around in a while so you wouldn't know, but if that thing does come our way, the Taku has more than enough weaponry aboard to deal with it. We've been preparing for that thing for the past month - we don't need to rely on you blasting all your energy at once anymore."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Nale Vella - Kini-Koro Hospital

"Skyscraper-sized. Lovely."

A Tahtorak-sized problem. If something was heading towards the village, putting everyone in danger...Nale hoped that once they were in the air they'd be able to discern there wasn't a threat, and if there was, that they could blast it back to wherever it came from. She moved away from the window, but paused mid-step and looked back at Onaku. 

"You are staying here, right? You seem to be doing better already but...without your element, you'd probably be safer here with them."

IC: Jutori - Kini-Koro Hospital

Jutori groaned. "But if...something happens to the village, and I'm stuck on the sidelines during it, that'll be on my conscience!"

He tried getting out of his bed, ignoring the dull headache and oh blast, had the room always been this bright? "Can somebody dim these lightstones already? I need...my hammer."

@BULiK@Onaku@The UltimoScorp

 

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau:[Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse Profiles]:kaukau:
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku -

Skyra loaded her Cordak blaster with rockets before checking her Midak Skyblaster. Both seemed to be in good shape and combat ready. She nodded to her wife as she volunteered to man the big gun on the ship. 

"If we get into an fight, I'm gonna fly out there and engage the enemy. The rest of you can man the guns on the ship or whatever." 

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @NorikSigma

  • Like 3


My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Le-Metru Nuva

With - Rahkshi One, Two, and Three, Le-Metru Nuva MCs and NPCs

 

Torches, lightstones, and the occasional shafts of evening light illuminated a Le-Metru Nuva far advanced from when Sorilax had last left it. The village, which had been a collection of a few huts and a couple bridges, now sprawled out of sight, hidden by the massive branches it sat on and around. Everything was still made out of wood, but as Sorilax looked closer, he noticed parts that were integrated into the trees themselves, as if the trees had manifested the buildings. No doubt more of Viltia’s work.

And the noise. There was still a hush compared to the boisterous Kini-Koro, but the occasional laugh could be heard, or the sounds of a song lightly being sung. The clanging of pots could be heard, or the sawing of wood as more construction was worked on.

Rope creaked as they walked across a bridge that swayed slightly, a field of green leaves below the gaps in the boards. A Matoran ran up to him, excited to have him back. Sorilax returned the sentiment. But before he could begin relating his story, the Matoran suddenly realized the lecture that was about to happen and got out of there.

His Rahkshi all looked about in awe of the place, although Three did seem only slightly interested compared to his brothers.

Wing led the group over several bridges, up and down a couple flights of stairs that led to huts on an entire different layer of the canopy, and finally to a place Sorilax recognized.

Wing urged him to stay put as she went off and gathered the village leaders and anyone else who cared to join them.

Fifteen or so minutes later, Sorilax spoke to the good beings of Le-Metru Nuva, retelling the events that had occurred during his absence. He spoke of the Air Suva. He spoke of Vhisola. He mentioned Kini-Nui and his discoveries there. Of the dead Toa of water. Of the Suva Kaita and the dark doorway. Of his transformation. Of Nuju and the Far Shore. Of meeting Sidra and what he had shared with her.

He regaled them with his personal journey through the Far Shore and showed them the rewards he had gained, giving the Noble Hau to a Matoran that put it with the other Kanohi Viltia had stored away. He regretfully told them of Sala still being in the Far Shore.

He then switched to what had happened since his return, talking of Kini-Koro, NUVA, and his Taboos he had learned and his personal changes to them. He motioned to his mask, which was faintly glowing in the dark of evening separate from the normal glow he gave off. He showed off his Rahkshi and his other Kraata, mentioning their benefits and risks. He finished it off with mentioning Viltia and how she had insisted on getting Desecrated.

Torch momentarily left with the elders, returning after some later with a decision being made. Sidra had told them of Sorilax’s change a month prior. Well, Sidra had told Viltia, who had excitedly told everyone else. And with that change came a trust revealed that Sorilax had not accepted prior to his transformation. The villagers were ready and willing to be granted power and in exchange to be bound to Sorilax’s mission to better Life.

The news was moving, and Sorilax sat in quiet contemplation as he pondered what he should do. His soul was filled with happiness and pride for the life he had helped foster in this deadly swamp. Ultimately, he realized he could never refuse them.

Sorilax went and wrangled down a giant insect and used his Life Kraata power to create new life with which he gave Kraata to the beings of Le-Metru Nuva. Understandably, some wanted nothing to do with his gifts, which he actually recommended just in case something horrible happened to his mind during his journeys. Most of the villagers only accepted his Illumination, which he also understood, as it was a far less gruesome method of gaining power. But Torch, Wing, and Spark took him up on becoming Desecrated.

Then it was Sorilax’s turn to sit and listen. A feast was brought out, which he had not realized was even being prepared. It was in celebration of his return, his accomplishments, and of knowing Sala still lived. His Rahkshi joined in with glee, popping open their spines but still piloting their armor so they could eat with everyone else.

Torch led the storytelling, relating to Sorilax a tale of darkness, pouring rain, and woe. Torch told of an imposter in their midst, of a grand undead monstrosity, of a rite-born Tahtorak, of the coming together of the village to fight back, of the change that overtook Viltia, and of the brave actions of Sidra, who had won them the day.

Sorilax listened intently, more and more glad Sidra had shown up when she had to help out the village.

Torch went on to tell a lesser tale, but still one of great import. He told of a sizable span of time. Of the growth of two new Kanoka forgers, of the achievements of a new mask maker, of the Vuata Maca Tree, of the struggles of Fau Swamp life and its losses, of the hope for the future as the swamp became less deadly in most ways and yet more deadly in others, and of how the village continued to expand and live in increased security.

Both tales took some time, with many happy interruptions as others chimed in with what they had accomplished along the way. They talked late into the night, mostly ignoring the dangerous calls of the night time predators and just enjoying themselves. Sorilax laid out his future plans, how he sought to teleport to the Aqua Sphere and delve inside to uncover its secrets, which opened up even more talking and discussion.

Eventually things died down and everyone went off to sleep or to take their place guarding the village for the night.

Sorilax was shown to a hut filled with parchment and ink supplies which had been created just for him. He spent the night meditating and practicing his new Light warping technique, taking a little time to write down the two new Taboos he had learned the day before.

With the light of dawn came the beginning of a new day and the start of achieving Step 4 of his Grand Wish.

In the light of his glowing body, Sorilax took off his backpack and equipment, setting them on a desk in his hut. He carefully emptied his backpack, putting his scrolls in a specially prepared wooden chest that was treated to keep out moisture.

Sorilax could hear the village waking up outside. Several times he could hear someone walking by outside his door on the covered wooden walkway. A Hapaka poked its head past the hanging woven reeds that formed a sort of door to the hut, peering without fear at Sorilax and his Rahkshi.

In a different, larger chest, Sorilax places his knives and Midak Skyblaster. He held up his Vial of Visorak Venom, inspecting the green liquid through the thick glass and cork stopper. He probably would not need this. He wrapped it in several layers of spare parchment and placed it in the chest as well.

Sorilax pondered his next move, though he had already finalized his plan earlier that morning. He just wanted to make sure he was ready for what lay ahead.

Finding a clean corner of the room, he sat down, folding his long arms across his lap. The Hapaka came in and sniffed his foot. Sorilax mentally commanded Three to come sit beside him and open his spine. The Rahkshi obeyed and settled beside his father.

The blocker in Sorilax’s vessel’s throat opened and Sorilax’s gaseous essence spilled forth. Sorilax floated to Three and entered fully into the Rahkshi armor through the open spine. Once inside, Sorilax popped his spine closed and crossed his Rahkshi arms across his lap. Then he finished his preparations and remotely possessed One, Sorilax’s new body of Three now slumping slightly next to his original and now completely empty vessel.

Sorilax handed Two the Rahkshi Staff of Teleportation, “Take care of and defend this village and my other Kraata. Listen to and obey what Torch, Wing, Viltia, or Sidra tell you to do.

Two nodded, accepting the staff and immediately obeying by leaving the hut.

Sorilax’s three Kraata investigated the table with his equipment, crawling over everything.

Sorilax pet one and spoke to them all, “Do not go Illuminating Kanohi unless the being asks for it. And do not go looking for food, stay in the safety of the village. Preferably in this hut. Two will take care of you.

A noise drew his attention. The Hapaka was laying on the lap of his original vessel, nested into the crook of the folded long arms. His shadow lizard peered down from the flower crown on the former vessel’s head.

Well that should be everything set in order. Sorilax picked up the magic metal shield and attacked it to his left arm, the liquid metal stretching out to adhere to the limb as if it had been perfectly made to do so. With a trail of frosted mist, he slung his Ice Longbow over his right shoulder and attached his Echo Forks to his waist. He then grabbed the Rahkshi Staff of Fragmentation and placed it on his back over his now empty backpack, setting the staff of Chain Lightning against the wall next to Three, who was also now him.

Even after only two days, it was odd not to have his Life Kraata powers nor access to his secondary element and Calix. But after hearing from Spark of the object floating around the sphere, his plans had shifted to take the most caution possible to approaching this endeavor. While his Calix was great, the power of Dodge was far greater. And he had no experience with his secondary element, so it was unneeded. And that meant so too did he not need to sense all Life in the area. It was not a helpful enough power for the situation. He could do without it for as long as he was up there.

Spark knocked on the door frame since there was no physical door, “You ready for this?” He sounded excited.

Sorilax looked down at his glowing Rahkshi form, access to six different Kraata powers sitting in his mind waiting to be used. He mentally forced his form to stop glowing. It was kind of hard with how automatic it was. He looked back up at the Vortixx, “I do believe I am. Would you be so kind as to lead the way?”

The Vortixx happily led Sorilax around the village.

Sorilax looked on in confusion at a combat robot with a broom cleaning the floors, but Spark did not comment on it, so it must not have been important. They ended up before a wooden pole with boards nailed to it. One of rare instances of metal usage in the village. Spark climbed up and Sorilax followed.

The climb took them up and out of the canopy into the full light of the morning sun. Below them mists clung to the top of the tall swamp trees. The lookout now had a ceiling and railings, with the ceiling apparently still alive as branches grew out from it, adding a layer of camouflage to the little outpost.

Spark pulled out a telescope and looked to the northeast, mumbling to himself about something Match and him had done earlier.

Or potentially something Match and him had to do later, Sorilax did not pick up on all the words.

Spark nodded to himself and kept the telescope in place but moved aside, motioning for Sorilax to look.

Sorilax leaned forward and peered through. There was a floating fortress of some kind blocking out part of the Aqua Sphere’s reflected light. It certainly looked foreboding. He turned to Spark, “Alright, I shall be going now. Take care of yourself and others, Spark.

Spark grinned, “Right back at ya.

Sorilax, Silence already activated to remove the noise of his movements, warped the Light around himself so that it slipped past him from all angles, as if he were a somehow dry pebble deep in a stream of water. The maneuver kept any light from striking his form and bouncing off to allow optics to see him, instead sliding around him. So in a sense, he was invisible, though it was much different from an invisibility power which still cast a shadow. Looking through the telescope Spark was holding, Sorilax specifically looked at the top half of the sphere and activated his Teleportation.

A split second later, he was atop the Aqua Sphere, unseeable and unhearable, desperately trying to find a handhold to grab or at least some place to teleport to to allow him entry to the sphere.
 

OOC: @Eyru or @Vezok's Friend Sorilax has teleported to the top of the Aqua Sphere and is looking to get inside. He is both invisible and completely silent.

We've finally done it, boys. It only took two months, but Sorilax has started working on his 4th Grand Wish Step! I'm so excited to see where this goes. :D

  • Like 7

-----------------------------

Lewa_Protodermic_Transformation.jpg.423767a94dc72d6925130b562072f725.jpg

--------- “Guide me as I travel the land of the dead. Help me to embrace their experiences and use them to empower me.” ---------

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Katrin Nuva - Hospital:

"Jutori's right, besides, it's our duty as- whoa!" The blanket had gone unseen by kat, who'd made her way roughly half way out of the bed. The unexpected weight pulled her and she overcompensated, ending up falling to the floor in a tangled mess of fabric and limbs.

"Ow! Where the heck did that come from?"

@BULiK@Tarn@Onaku

  • Like 2

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...