Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

OOC: I believe so, thank you.

IC: Whisper - The Caldera

"Wait, what about-" but the lizard was gone. 

Whisper wasn't sure if it had ever really been there.

But assuming the lizard's words could be taken as truth, it changed everything, and left Whisper with ever more questions than the answers she'd gained. She'd always harboured hate for the Caldera, held it at the heart of her fear of being dragged back and destroyed, vilified it as a malicious thing that existed only to cruelly create life and snatch it away just as swiftly. But if the lizard was to be believed, then it wasn't the Caldera to blame. It was the world, the Builders, the endless cycle of death and decay and disdain, that drove Aspects to suicide and self-destruction.

Was that to be her fate? 

Had it already been her fate? 

How many cycles had she already endured? 

She had to know. She had to be sure. If she had ever existed before this time, in some past iteration or incarnation, then there had to be evidence of it. And the ancient structures of the Kumu Islets were exactly the kind of place where such a record could have survived. She and countless other Aspects had left their marks on the weathered rocks. She'd mostly ignored it in the past, viewing it as little more than graffiti from forgotten times, but now that she knew to look, perhaps there was something to be found.

So she set off from the island, floating back towards the shore and beginning her journey towards the Aspect Shrines.

@Unreliable Narrator Whisper beginning her next step: Return to the Kumu Islets and uncover proof of her past incarnations. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

IC: Sidra – Le-Metru Nuva

Shadows shifted in one of the village’s many treetop huts, spitting a shimmery green figure from near ceiling height onto one of the beds. After taking up her new role within the village, Sidra had moved herself and her belongings out of one of the communal huts and into a smaller private one, meaning there was mercifully no one present to witness her embarrassingly ungainly arrival.

Flailing in a tangle of sheets, Sidra bounced right off her unkempt bed and tumbled to the floor, dirt and even some lingering snow scattering in her wake.

Sodden and sore, she disentangled herself and leaned against the hut wall, balling up her sheets and lazily tossing them back on the bed to sort out later.

An incoherent cascade of thoughts were crashing through her consciousness, and she was struggling to sort them into some semblance of order. The morning’s events had left much on her mind, from her journey to the Far Shore, her irritating arguments with Knichou and Vulimai, the revelations about Mata Nui, and the arrival of the Nektann Tahtorak.

It was all too much for her alone.

But she wasn’t alone. Not here.

Forcing herself to her feet, Sidra stumbled out of the hut, searching for the nearest of the village guards. Spotting one, she caught him by the shoulder.

“I need you to round up Torch, Wing, Spark, Viltia, and anyone else important you can track down at short notice,” she said. “Apex too if she’s around. I’ll be waiting for them in the gathering hut. It's an urgent matter - several urgent matters, actually - of village security." 

@Kal the Guardian Team meeting time.

Edited by Gecko Greavesy
  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui, Bunker)

She was about to say more to the once-Dark Hunter now NUVA, but didn't get the chance as Sidra quickly teleported away. And then, that was when she heard it, the kaiju's mournful cries. It was unlike anything she heard before; not bursting bombs or missiles, nor mortars shells and cannon rounds, or even gunfire and warrior cries. It was terror, anguish, and despair all in one and it made even her hardened Heartlight flicker with fight. But she still kept steady.

Looking into the bunker towards the two mech pilots, Vulimai ordered out to them through the bellowing sound that echoed off the valley's walls. "Keep your mechs back! Not till the rains began to fall in earnest!" With her command given, she began to bolt back to Kini-Koro, where panic was very much starting to hold of the stricken citizens.

Dashing towards the village, she noted the movement of the Taku at it hung low in the air above the village, her calling back to Knichou for a status update on his departure.

Reaching the village in earnest, Vulimai shouts roused what panicking guards there were into attention and stopping any citizens in their place. Quickly she relayed her orders, not missing a beat or breath. "Citizens of Kini-Koro, the situation is being handled and you are not in immediate danger. Those of you who are willing to weather the passing storm, come and assist me and the guard with sealing homes and preparing to divert the rain waters downhill. Those of you who are afraid of the risk, grab whatever belongings you can and make your way to the Tobduk-Koro portal and wait on the other side for an all clear. Understood? Good, NOW MOVE!"

Grabbing one of the nearby guards, she informed them to relay her order throughout the village as she herself began to gather guard Matoran and citizens alike as they began to work as quickly as they can on sealing homes and digging out channels to send the waters down hill, away from the village. If Irrnak wanted to rid them of his island, then the Skakdi god of nightmares will have to try better than this.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @pokemonlover360 @Eyru @BULiK

IC: Tihun (Metru-Nui, Submerged Archives)

He sighed once he reached the end of the tunnel. Of course it wasn't something he shouldn't have not expected, but it was still a nuisance that he was left with this dilemma of potential gain. Looking between the two perpendicular passages, he pondered which way to go before finally settling on a course. "What possible gain could I get on research on fish?!" He thought to himself as he turned down the left corridor, heading towards Sub-Level Seven and the Stasis Tube Repair Center.

OOC: @Eyru

IC: Apex (Fau Swamp)

"Your domain? I do beg your pardon, but it’s not as if there are any 'keep out' signs-"

For a brief moment, Apex' fury flared, her tail raising ever so slightly till Waveahk quickly interjecting and calming the situation as best he could. But still, a tenseness was in Apex' form and mind as her question still stood. But before she could press on any further, the worlds of the Zyglak rung out and struck the Aspect.

"Forgive us, Great One. We mean you no danger or disrespect in coming to your lands. We seek only knowledge to help a friend in need, and we believe that knowledge to be beyond your swamps in the place called Kumu. We humbly ask permission to pass through your territory."

Apex was stricken by the words, not stricken with rage, but rather surprise for very few seemed to recognize her might and significance, and even fewer seemed to react with such praise. Within Apex, her pride swelled as she rose from her defensive stance, her rising to her full height as she beamed with prideful might, her gaze slowly falling upon Irna. "You are granted my forgiveness Zyglak, as are your companions. You seek to past through my domain and to enter my birthplace of Kumu, to that land of death and despair? I see no qualms in allowing this passage, though I doubt you will find much in that shadow-strewn place..."

She pondered for a few moments after she spoke, a curious thought peeking her mind. "...I am curious, have you found the remains of an odd creature, one more reminiscent of a suit of armor than the corpse of true living being? To give more details, it is vaguely reptilian, with a crest of spines and a disproportionate disparity between its upper and lower appendages. Have you seen anything of the sort?"

OOC: @Void Emissary @Toru Nui @Keeper of Kraata @TL01 NUVA

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning and Mind Reading

Location - Icarax’s Temple

With - Whira, Icarax

 

Retrieving armor instead of making it? Cravious liked the sound of that. It sounded cheap. What he didn’t like was having to go south of Irnakk’s Tooth. That mountainous area posed a challenge to his Cube, which was not outfitted to traverse that kind of terrain. Not to mention that all the mountains messed with his X-Ray Vision. It was much easier to see through something solid. Several gaps of air made things much more difficult. It would take some figuring out to find this Great Temple.

The Great Temple being reclaimed by Matoran, though? Music to his audio receptors. Just not the trash the Gundaka played, real music. Matoran meant a general level of reliability and naivety, and that meant widgets by the truckload. His mind raced with possibilities as he followed Whira out.

 

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Eyru

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Formatting.
  • Like 1

-----------------------------

Lewa_Protodermic_Transformation.jpg.423767a94dc72d6925130b562072f725.jpg

--------- “Guide me as I travel the land of the dead. Help me to embrace their experiences and use them to empower me.” ---------

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

Parnassus turned to the man -- yes, definitely one of the beings which some of the ancient texts referred to as the Prime species -- and pointed towards the darkening horizon.

"The storm that's coming towards us," the Aspect said. "It is a beast -- a massive demigod known as a tahtorahk. This particular one was created by ... someone who I have since slain. Which means should now be its master, and that I might be able to command it to turn away from your home here. I have to find a way to get to it!"

OOC: @Toru Nui @EmperorWhenua 

IC: Irna | Kumu Peninsula

Irna glanced over to Tekmo, then Waveahk. If either of them were to have seen what this being was asking about....

OOC: @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA @Keeper of Kraata @Sparticus147

-Void

  • Like 2

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Reliable Narrator | Mi-Kiri

Sorilax’s consciousness piloted the first of his rahkshi with ease. One and Three were his own, and he understood them intimately. He found himself sliding across the glass of the great dome, the rahkshi’s taloned feet unable to find a secure foothold. The uncounted centuries of abandonment left the glass murky and stained with mineral residue and salts. To his surprise, and perhaps joy, Sorilax noted several small clumps of invasive vine species eeking out a desperate existence along the outside of the dome. It explained the mystery of a particularly vexing little problem of past centuries -- he’d documented that very species and its extensive invasion into the Fau Swamp without ever finding a likely source. He'd given up, assumed it to be some sort of mutation from the swamp's water. Perhaps he'd be able to solve that little mystery after all! It was impossible to make out anything clearly through the glass, but Sorilax was not some mote of antidermis freshly puffed from his peers in the Caldera: he was already halfway to accomplishing his Grand Wish.

Sorilax could just barely make out the blurriest of a view through the blinding sunlight glimmering off the glass. Inside was some sort of waterlogged city, with waterfalls pouring from the open windows of towering buildings. He could hear the shouting of someone in the distance, and realized with surprise that a large mushroom-like floating fortress was docked alongside a great hole in the dome. A well secured boarding ramp connected the floating fortress to the great sphere Sorilax’s rahkshi was sliding across. 

Two beings of similar make and model to the machine named Nu-2080S were gesturing to each other. Both wore red armor and one also wore a kanohi rau dangling from their neck on a chain. The other was not wearing a mask on a chain, and seemed very much aware of that fact. The maskless one was jabbing their hands downwards off the boarding plank -- as if trying to point to something that might have fallen.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 3

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Aqua Sphere

 

Sorilax’s unique mind grabbed details and filed them away, thoughts coming even though he had told himself to focus on finding a secure foothold or handhold first. He noted the mineral residue on the glass and pondered its level of salinity. He scanned the murky surface under him, noting that it wasn’t just opaque, it was dirtied with untold age. Certain parts were more clean than others.

He could feel his inertia through the Kraata in Three’s body, but still he instead observed a crawling yellow-green vine struggling to survive on the outside of the dome. Several thoughts and thousands of years of traveling through the Fau Swamp were brought into focus and quickly sorted through as he added new information. But that only led to more questions. Where was this vine’s island of origin? What climate was it originally from? How could it survive in full sun yet also thrive in the dark of the Fau Swamp’s under canopy?

He almost reached out and grabbed some to inspect it, but his focus on his Light bending technique kept him in check. Further study could wait for later. He was quickly approaching the point where he would start falling from the sphere itself.

Sorilax heard something in the distance and turned to it. The giant fortress he had seen through the telescope was tethered to the sphere near a great, structured hole in the glass. Two beings stood near the edge of the boarding ramp of the large fortress. They were of a species Sorilax had never seen before. That probably meant they were from the Ark. He made a note to try to study them later.

But if he could already see two beings, then he was correct in assuming there was a larger force here of an unknown level of hostility. He turned his Rahkshi’s optics to the glass, which was actually now slightly clearer in spots as he grew close to silently sliding off.

The view was too blurry in the reflected light of the sun, so he cupped his hands over his optics and tried to shade his view as he stuck his head to the glass, jostling as he slid over vines and bits of mineral accumulation. He saw a city drenched in water, all towers and waterfalls. It was hard to make out, but he did not need to see details, he just needed to see it at all. Choosing an area that looked devoid of water, Sorilax teleported inside.
 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 3

-----------------------------

Lewa_Protodermic_Transformation.jpg.423767a94dc72d6925130b562072f725.jpg

--------- “Guide me as I travel the land of the dead. Help me to embrace their experiences and use them to empower me.” ---------

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra, Torch, Wing, Spark, Circuit – Le-Metru Nuva

“I need you to round up Torch, Wing, Spark, Viltia, and anyone else important you can track down at short notice,” Sidra said. “Apex too if she’s around. I’ll be waiting for them in the gathering hut. It's an urgent matter - several urgent matters, actually - of village security." 

The guard nodded, “Yes ma’am, Sheriff.” He moved with haste off into the flickering orange torchlight, not quite running, but hurriedly walking.

* * *

Fifteen minutes later, the communal hut had been vacated to allow the meeting to take place.

Torch sat at a chair made for a Matoran, looking just a little too big for it in the glow of several lightstones. He slowly spun his staff while he waited for the others to show up, watching the metal flame head as it twisted. He looked up as Sidra arrived, his translucent pearlescent mask glowing and looking the same color as the one Sorilax had been wearing. He stood and offered her the traditional Toa greeting. Sidra’s height allowed her to see Kraata attached to his neck. He then held up a hand to stop the questions he figured she had, “This is our third day since you left. Sorilax has come and gone. We have heard and seen the change in his Aspect nature. While I trust him regardless after what he did for this village in the beginning, as you can tell from my appearance,” he motioned to his mask and Kraata on his neck, “he said you looked into his mind and could confirm his change. Is this true?”

After Viltia found out she had spent a couple days working while Sidra had only spent a couple hours getting NUVA, Torch had been trying to keep track of and see if time continued to distort whenever someone left the village. If it did, that meant a person might not be missing or dead if they were gone for a long time. They could just merely be not aligned with the village’s time yet.

“Third day?” Sidra muttered, rubbing her temples as she slumped into one of the chairs. To say she looked exhausted was an understatement. There was a faraway look in her tired eyes, and she paused to yawn before continuing. “Yeah, I looked into Sorilax’s mind. Everything you said checks out.” 

A couple other village leaders entered the communal hut, finding chairs of their own. Many trinkets were set about, waiting to be traded as soon as everyone woke up the next day.

Soon after, Circuit walked in, arguing with Spark about something she was holding in her hands. It looked to be some kind of container. Spark held a container too, but it was vastly different both in make and materials. Circuit’s had elegance to its design, while Spark’s looked the part of a prototype that was in the middle of being figured out.

Spark, whose Kanohi was also Illuminated and had Kraata on his neck, broke into a grin as he saw Sidra, “Heyyyy! Sheriff Sidra, nice to see ya back.” He dropped his prototype container down on a table and sat at it.

Circuit rolled her optics and found a wicker couch away from Spark, making sure to set down her container to keep anyone from sitting down next to her.

Last of all, Wing entered the large hut, covered up to her elbows in mud. She shot a glare at Spark, who just jovially grinned. The captain of the guard came over to stand by Sidra, trying not to get the mud everywhere. Her mask was Illuminated too, and four colorful Kraata adorned her neck. She nodded to Sidra, “Viltia still hasn’t returned from trading. A past her did show up and give us what she traded for, but we haven’t seen the real deal yet. Apex isn’t in the immediate vicinity that I or my guards could tell. And the rest of the village leaders,” Wing looked around the wooden hut, “are here, actually. Good.” She turned back to face the Sheriff, “What is it we need to know, Sidra?”

“Okay… first up, I’ve just come back from Kini-Koro. The Tahtorak we encountered last month is moving past there, heading south,” she explained. “The locals seemed intent on picking a fight with him, so maybe he won’t keep coming our way, but I’d prefer we keep up an air patrol with an eye on the skyline, just to be on the safe side.” 

Wing nodded. The information was easily actionable. Keep a lookout up on the observation pole, up the Kahu patrols, and be wary of any rain. She turned to a Matoran in the room that was a part of the guard and gave some hushed orders. The Matoran gave a curt nod and swiftly left the communal hall.

Torch hmmm-ed and frowned. He was in no position to help out like he had the last time Nektann had shown up. Nor was Viltia here. But Sidra did have Wairuha and her NUVA status. That would hopefully be more than enough.

Spark looked around in surprise, “Viltia better get back then. Do more of that…” He wiggled his arms, “...that weird tether thing.”

Circuit put a hand to her mask in shame. Spark broke all the lofty grace Vortixx kind had worked so hard to gain and maintain single handedly.

Wing went to make a gesture and frowned at her muddied hands, slightly disgusted. She dropped them back to her sides and looked to Sidra, “You should know that somehow there is a giant gulf between the Fau Swamp and the rest of the island. Sorilax said it wasn’t natural when he traveled past it. He said it seemed like the island disappeared, not that it broke apart. We know the island changed in the last month with most of the marshes disappearing, but I don’t like how it’s escalating. First the Kumu Islets show up and now this?” Wing shook her head. She said she didn’t like it, but her tone was even and controlled.

Wing inclined her head to Sidra, “So that is a potential deterrent, though I imagine not much of one. You said the Tahtorak was the first thing?”

“The other thing…” Sidra sighed, “...there’s no easy way for me to put this…”

Her fingertips drummed against the arm of her chair as she weighed up her words. Even after living among them for the past month, she’d never come to care much for the Matoran religion, or the system of virtues and values that guided their lives. But she knew how important it was to have something to believe in, especially in a time and place like this… and she knew how her next words could destroy that belief.

“The Grand Untethered… that absolute abomination that attacked us… I’ve been given reason to believe that it was part of, or in service to, the Aspect of Makuta that the Matoran have spent the better part of civilisation calling their Great Spirit. Mata Nui.”

The already quiet village seemed to lose all sound at Sidra’s proclamation. The room felt just a little bit dimmer in the yellow glow of the lightstones. It was as if the world itself was trying to process the news. Everyone sat in stunned silence. A lone giant centipede skittered angrily in the distance.

Even Spark was silent for a moment. But the moment was quickly over and he chimed in, “Well that’s a lot to unpack.”

Wing frowned and sat down, not noticing the mud she deposited on the chair.

The other village leaders were varying levels of disturbed and confused, but not being Matoran, the news didn’t hit too deeply.

Torch stared at the ground, just trying to figure out everything Sidra’s statement implied.

Circuit leaned back on the wicker couch, it creaking beneath her, “Well that actually makes sense. Sorilax just informed us last night of Mata Nui being a giant robot Ark from this island. That Juju fellow at the Far Shore portal revealed that information. If that is true, and Grand Wishes are actually as powerful as Aspects say they are, then I can totally buy this Mata-Nui story.”

She chuckled, “So Mata-Nui was both real, a fake, and we might have killed him or a part of him. How perfectly confusing.”

Torch looked defeated and his tone was grave, “As I sit here contemplating what this all means for us, I realize just how far we have already strayed from the supposed teachings of Mata-Nui in this village. Any reservations I thought I might have had about our new choice of a morality system have all been laid to rest now, I suppose. I certainly now have no regret at the decision to seek wisdom other than that of the fallen Great Spirit. Perhaps now I am glad we did so.”

As emotion started to cross Wing’s face, she got up and left.

Torch watched her go, as did everyone there. He turned back to Sidra, “Despite how hard this news might hit, I think everyone in the village should know what you just told us. We should gather everyone we can in the morning. Would you like to share or would you like me to?”

“I don’t think it’s my place to drop this on them,” she replied, after a few moments of contemplation. “Besides, I’ll have something else to attend to tomorrow morning. I've just learned that there are more of those Untethered things out there; they’ve been hiding out since we destroyed the one that came here. I know where to find them, and tomorrow I intend to head out with Wairuha and make sure they don’t trouble us or anyone else ever again.” 

Torch solemnly nodded. Then he used his silver staff to lift himself from his seat. He looked to the other village leaders, “Well, I suppose we should finish up our day. Anything else to mention?” The others shook their heads. One shrugged. Torch looked up at Sidra, “And you look like you could use some food. You should go get yourself something good to eat and then get some rest. It sounds like you have set yourself up for a difficult day tomorrow.”

There was a glint of pride in his optics. Sidra kept proving herself to be a better person than she made herself out to be. Preemptively attacking more Untethered sure seemed like a selfless act to him. He was proud that the leaders and him had decided to officially make her Sheriff at her suggestion. And Torch wondered if maybe she might soon accept the position of being one of the village leaders herself. Not yet, he didn’t think, but maybe soon.

Everyone slowly left the communal hall as the Nektann drone walked in, cleaning up each muddy footprint Wing had left.

“One final thing,” Sidra said to Torch, as she pushed back her chair and rose to leave. “Do you know if anyone in the village happens to have a Mask of Psychometry tucked away somewhere? Or the knowledge of how to make one? It’s been… brought to my attention that one of the items I found after defeating the Grand Untethered may have had more value than I first thought.” 

Torch spun his staff head in his hand and mumbled to himself in the mostly empty hut, “Psychometry… Psychometry…”

He smacked his staff end on the ground, “I had forgotten about that mask. And Viltia has yet to discover how to make it on her own yet. Hmmm….” He pulled out a book that very obviously had been created at the same time as Viltia’s forging book. He flipped through it and scribbled down some notes, “I know it requires a disc of Spirit as one of the ingredients. Viltia, Beruv, and I haven’t figured out how to make those yet. If you can find a Kanohi of Spirit from Kini-Koro or wherever, then Beruv could turn it back into a disc and merge it with the other ingredients, and then I can make the mask for you. In the meantime, we’ll try to figure it out on our own.” He put his book away.

“Alright, sounds good,” Sidra nodded. “If all goes well tomorrow, I might not even need it. But I’ll look into it nonetheless, if for nothing else than my own peace of mind.” 

Torch smiled, “Plus Viltia will go crazy after learning about a new mask power and make one for herself, no doubt.” He half bowed in farewell, “I’ll see you tomorrow afternoon, then.” The Turaga walked out into the orange flickering light of the torches of the village in the trees.

“Tomorrow,” Sidra chuckled to herself, shaking her head as she too stepped out into the growing evening shadows, “And here I thought today had been one karzahni of a day…” 

OOC: A big thanks to Kal for jamming this out with me. 

  • Like 5

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Hospital

"You called it magic healing juice, not me," Knichou promptly replied to Jutori. Best to not get expectations too high - all anyone in Kini-Koro had as evidence of this purified EP's effectiveness were stories from the Tin Man and Ms. Uncooperative.

"Sorry sister, that's not in my bag of tricks...." the commander responded to the Toa of fire's outburst with a carefree shrug. One hand shot up and snapped into a finger gun as he finished his sentence with a confident glance. "Yet."

"Point is, the docs here will take good care of you while we're gone, which shouldn't be long. For now you'll have to sit back and relax while we go scare off a lizard," he continued with a nod towards Nale as she began to move towards the exit. The two partners in crime promptly strolled out of the recovery ward and back into the fray, ready for the most dangerous meeting of the day.

IC: Taku Crew, Kini-Koro Airspace, The Taku

The Taku carefully cruised at a low altitude towards the nearby hospital. After arriving, hung eerily still in the air over the entrance with the boarding ramp extended, although this meant the steel entrance was still a dozen or so bio off of the ground.

Inside the airship, Arnex nodded at Skyra's plan, then followed as NU and Achro moved to nearby weapons. The Toa of fire felt the warmth of heatstones nearby, and saw a marvelous contraption on the starboard side of the airship - a lightstone machine gun with boxes of various ammunition types placed about. While the Toa quickly figured out how to load the weapon with the ammunition type of his choosing, Arnex pulled a lever nearby that caused the hull panel in front of the weapon's station to extend slightly and then slide downwards to give the Toa a clear view out the side of the airship.

"Just be careful where you point that thing, and don't make the giant monster angry without the Captain's permission," Arnex told the newcomer.

Meanwhile, the Vahki found a repeating disc launcher mounted on a pintle close by on the starboard side of the airship. The weapon looked disturbingly similar to the model of full-length disk launcher integrated into the skulls of Vahki, but heavily modified, with a gravity feed system that the user actuated with a pull of a charging handle off to the weapon's side. NU found this weapon's loading and firing mechanisms to be easy enough to operate without requiring the dexterous hands of organics. A mid-power disk of weakening fell into the firing chamber after the automaton racked the handle with a satisfying ker-chunk. By now, Arnex had done the same process to this station, lowering the hull plating to give a clear line of fire. She was pretty sure the Vahki didn't need the talk about not firing without orders - and Arnex felt nervous to speak to a Vahki anyhow - so she opted not to remind NU.

The Onu-Matoran walked back to Navu and Sanso near the boarding ramp, the former of whom looking worried at the prospect of her first battle as a part of the crew. The Onu-Matoran decided to change the subject. "So, the Commander was wondering about your, uh, song selection, I don't know if you heard earlier."

~~~

From the ship's landing cameras, Berys could see Knichou and Nale finally exit from the entrance of the hospital. Knichou had a hand up to his audio receptor, presumptively speaking over his suit's radio.

"... yeah yeah Vulimai, don't worry, we'll be in the air soon, we got caught up at the hospital, but the good news is everyone from Arkius's team made it out okay."

As the two approached the shadow of the airship, the Fe-Toa turned to his partner with partially outstretched arms and a cocky grin, the Nynran clearly indicating his proposal for a maneuver that the two had perfected over the past month. Well, one of their maneuvers.

"Need a ride, captain?" the younger Toa playfully asked, a telltale excitement blazing passionately behind his glowing green optics, a look that the Toa Rode could spot from a kio away. When Knichou built his armor, he wondered if flying would get old, and over the centuries, the skill had grown too natural for it to carry the same excitement as those first few years. But when he had Nale to share it with, even the most mundane and short of flights sparked an exuberant joy inside of him. When he simultaneously experienced the joy of two things at once that could make his heartlight flutter, the warmth of one in his arms and the cool breeze of the other flowing past them, it was almost possible to forget the tragedies they had survived and conquered together.

Almost.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 6

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula) - And Then I Crashed Into You

Tekmo only shrugged at Irna, as if to say: 'how should I know'?

"Finding this 'Rahkshi', as it's called, is step one on a long list of tasks to perform before we can access an important structure within Kumu. You are trying to resume our mission like I am, right? Or are you on holiday?"

@Void Emissary@TL01 NUVA@Keeper of Kraata@Sparticus147

 

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, The Ambling Alp, Exterior) - Home Is Where the Heartlight Is

"I see. Well… there’s an unattended ship right next to us, would that not work? This isn’t my home, just so you know. I just happen to be here at the moment."

@Void Emissary@EmperorWhenua

 

IC: NU-8020S, Achro and Navu (Kini-Koro Airspace, The Taku) - Monster Attack Playlist

Achro didn’t mind the audacity of a Matoran ordering him around. He was looking forward to this too much to care.

NU-8020S awaited target data. Hopefully, the organic crew of this glorified cargo hauler possessed some degree of competence.

Suddenly, Navu calmed down, if only a little. She felt more powerful all of a sudden and she didn’t know why... wait, what the Karzahni was Arnex talking about? Songs?

@BULiK@NorikSigma@Snelly@Tarn

  • Like 2

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Kantai - Kini-Koro

"Yeah, my place is a bit outside the village proper, but it's safe enough. Safe enough from rain, anyway," Kantai commented. He hoped Sanso would be safe on that airship, but then again, he never needed much help surviving.

IC: Sanso - Taku

"Song selection?
"Ah, yes!"

Sanso took out a series of tablets and begin listing them off.

"Well, there's really too much to list right now, but let me know what your Commander prefers! There's bound to be something here, from New Flow to Post-Classical Zakazian Rhythm to Symphonic Continental Revival, and even some until-recently suppressed Nuian Wind Chants, though by the looks of things, probably not what you have in mind."

IC: Prasral - Tobduk-Koro

Prasral was taken aback at the sudden appearance of the automatons, but the words of the councilors cleared up the situation.

"I see, thank you. Does that... situation appear to be affecting the village or on a wider scale?"

OOC: @Toru Nui@Harvali@BULiK

Edited by NorikSigma
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Onaku - Kini-Koro

Having headed out of the hospital ahead of Knichou and Nale, Onaku found himself emerging into a village in panic. Making his way through the village, he eventually came upon a crowd listening to a matoran he recognised to have some authority.

"Citizens of Kini-Koro, the situation is being handled and you are not in immediate danger. Those of you who are willing to weather the passing storm, come and assist me and the guard with sealing homes and preparing to divert the rain waters downhill. Those of you who are afraid of the risk, grab whatever belongings you can and make your way to the Tobduk-Koro portal and wait on the other side for an all clear. Understood? Good, NOW MOVE!"

Onaku nodded to himself. This was what he could do. Traveling with the group the matoran of authority had gathered with her, he went to work preparing the village for the oncoming storm. 

@Sparticus147

 

IC: Okuo - Ko-Pou

There was a momentary lull in the kitchen as Okuo could do nothing but wait for things to get ready. Resting his elbows on the windowsill, he looked outside the guard house, down the slope to a small metallic structure sitting in a clearing below. It looked like a metallic flower, four large curved plates sticking into the air, surrounding a round platform three bios across. Snow had built up on it, a few days had passed he'd given himself time to practise.

It had been three weeks ago that Okuo had found himself heaving a large metallic plate over his shoulder, carefully walking it through the Ruins of Ice and down the path to a clearing below the Ko-Pou outpost proper. The outpost standing next to the ruins consisted of the newly constructed quarantine building and guard house, the latter of which had yet to be furnished with proper kitchen equipment. Placing the metallic plate down in the clearing, Okuo panted, stretching his back and groaning as something popped, before letting out an exerted sigh. This small structure, though simple in design, would allow Okuo to practise with his elemental powers without endangering the buildings nearby. Metallic petals, so to say, that would catch any stray blast he might lose control of while training.

Heaving the plate one final time, he placed it into its intended slot on the platform, groaning with exertion before kneeling down to properly fasten it into place. Doing light stretches to alleviate the strain on his muscles, Okuo looked at his work with a modicum of pride, before stepping inside the structure. Lifting his hands up in front of him, he started with a simple move, generating fire in his hand before throwing it forward, the azure flame leaping forth into the metallic plate which tanked the blast with little effort. The Toa nodded to himself. This was going to help.

Okuo was snapped back to the present by the ringing of a timer he'd set, calling him back into action to finish cooking for Ko-Pou's residents.

 

IC: Iradra - Ko-Pou

Iradra nodded, grabbing hold of Triage's hand and reaching her hand other to Vashni, her thoughts slowly converging on one concept; Unity. Still, she couldn't help but feel nervous about this prospect, to let go of her individuality and become a singular being with two others. But the fact she was doing it with two people she trusted calmed her anxieties considerably. Besides, she knew that this was the right thing to do. They had to try, for the sake of the afflicted matoran. She couldn't let them down. She wouldn't.

@Tarn@Snelly@Toru Nui@Harvali@Vezok's Friend

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Icarax's Temple

Whira and Cravious's attempt at an exit was quickly thwarted by the fact that the rahkshi still stood in the doorway behind them. The serpentine suit of armor stood motionless, its cruel eyes glittering. It did not appear to be directly threatening them, but it did not move.

"Wait, sister," it said. "Words without actions are dead, so I will prove that I do not speak lightly. That I do not make bargains I cannot fulfill. When I make a promise..."

If either the aspect or the skakdi turned to look, they would see the kneeling suit of armor shiver as it was possessed. Its extended arms bent at the elbows, raising its hands out of the floor. The hands had appeared merged with the stones at first glance, but now they rose easily from the ground, as cold and black and solid as the rest of the armor. And in the statue's cupped hands was a glass vial full of a shimmering golden liquid that caught the dusty sunlight and scattered it across the room, warming the air and lighting up the cold stones.

"...you can be sure I will keep it."

The rahkshi stepped to one side, clearing the doorway for them to pass through.

"Take it and go," the voice continued. It sounded fainter, like Icarax was moving away and calling back across a growing distance. "I will await your return. Do not fail me, sister. Prove you are more than what they say we are..."

 

OOC: @~Xemnas~ You may add the following piece of equipment to Whira's profile:

Quote

A glass vial containing one (1) dose of pure energized protodermis.

Please note that one dose of pure EP is sufficient for the casting of exactly one taboo or equivalent rite, and is entirely used up in the process.

 

 

IC: Rock Rahi | Kumu Peninsula

"Good questions," the rock rahi said. "I don't know, always, and yes. Do you have anything to eat?"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Whisper - Kumu Peninsula

As she traveled, Whisper hunted. 

When the Kumu Islets had connected with the mainland, it had allowed creatures of all kinds from the swamps to cross over for the first time in untold centuries, making the Peninsula a lush hunting ground for rahi heartlights. Whisper's newly improved Insect Control powers allowed her to lure a pair of juvenile Metru Mantises out of their daytime resting places, and she set them to work running down other rahi. 

Within an hour, the pair had tracked a small pack of Burnak to their burrow, which Whisper promptly flooded with electric bugs. When the screaming had finally stopped, Whisper dispersed the beetles and instructed the mantises to dig out the bodies. She plucked the heartlights from the three largest of the beasts, and left the rest of the meat for the mantises as she released them from her power and continued on her way. 

They had earned their meal, and their rest.

But she still had work to do. 

Edited by Gecko Greavesy
  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green (Merged with Life Kraata creation Muaka)

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Rock Rahi

 

That’s so cool! You’re adorable. And yeah, I can make stuff to eat.” Viltia called upon her experience creating food for Le-Metru Nuva. She had surprisingly been doing that for a while now. Four pumpkins, two watermelon, a cantaloupe, a honeydew melon, and a pineapple appeared one after the other, seeming to grow from the very rock itself in rapid fashion. Viltia happily noted none were larger than was normal. She was getting better at creating her element.

Her Muaka face did its best to smile, “Alright, eat up! I hope you enjoy it. I do have to be going, though. I have stuff to do before it’s night time. Take care of yourself, little guy.

Viltia’s softly glowing silver tethers lifted her up and propelled her away, pushing, pulling, and stretching. As she moved, she activated her Legendary Mask of Growth once more. She needed to find an Aspect and open that door. Her growing body moved off into the mists, away from the ruin and the Rock Rahi. Once again, she created the moss in her path.
 

OOC: @Eyru

Also, if you don't mind Whisper getting roped into opening a door, I think this might be a great opportunity for Viltia to run into her, @Gecko Greavesy

  • Like 2

-----------------------------

Lewa_Protodermic_Transformation.jpg.423767a94dc72d6925130b562072f725.jpg

--------- “Guide me as I travel the land of the dead. Help me to embrace their experiences and use them to empower me.” ---------

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Sure, sounds interesting.

IC: Whisper - Kumu Peninsula. 

Whisper had seen a lot of strange things in her time, herself very much included. 

But what she saw crossing her path now as she continued her journey surpassed any strangeness she'd experienced before. A monstrous muaka moved through the mists nearby, strange silver tendrils twisting around it as it traveled. It was unlike any riteborn she'd heard of before, which left her to assume it had to be some kind of powerful Aspect, or the servant of one. 

Compelled by curiosity, she raised her laser vision kraata, willing it to release a bright blast directly upwards in the hopes of catching the creature's attention. 

@Kal the Guardian

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green (Merged with Life Kraata creation Muaka)

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whisper

 

Viltia’s attention was drawn to a beam of light. Her massive Muaka head displaced the mists as she slowly turned to look. The distance and the mists obscured the source, so Viltia shrunk down and drew close. As she did, a slightly familiar sight greeted her. It was the black and pink tentacle thing from Kini-Koro! Her Life Kraata told her it was an Aspect. Perfect!

Her Muaka face did its best to break into a grin and she spoke in her growling voice, “Hey! It’s you! I didn’t know you were an Aspect. I saw you at Kini-Koro. It’s me Viltia.

Viltia looked down at herself. Oh yeah, she was a Muaka right now. As much as it pained her, seeing someone she kind of knew made her realize she needed to listen to Sidra and not be merged around other beings. Oh, actually, Viltia wondered how Sidra would feel that she merged at all. It wasn’t necessarily a bad thing, especially since she wasn’t around the other villagers. But still, Sidra did kind of seem uncomfortable about it in general. Viltia’s unease at her thoughts helped her make her decision.

The tethers on the Muaka all converged to a single point as Viltia stepped out of the Rahi, the tethers seamlessly now attached to her form. The jungle green and violet blue Toa motioned to herself, “Sorry, this is me, Viltia. So, um, hey, do you think you might be able to help me out?” Viltia immediately had an image of Circuit telling her about trading pop into her head, “I could pay you back.

 

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

 

IC: Crucia - Skakdi of Water and Cyclone

Location - Eastern Sea

 

It was still raining as Crucia repaired her netting. Small, cold droplets fell, making everything slick and dangerous to use. It was no storm, however, just the tail end of the one from earlier. A deep sense of dread filled her stomach as she worked, desperately trying to come up with a solution to her problem. She needed to catch over half of her quota or Silver might actually just kill her. The school of Ruki was huge and a fluke. There was no way she would be able to find another group of fish that large or in enough time. That meant hunting something more exotic to make up for it.

But over half of her quota? A shiver ran through her organic protodermis muscles. That meant catching something crazy like a Great Temple Squid or a Tarakava. She wasn’t ready to lose her only possession, her boat, to capture something like a Tarakava. She would rather Silver beat her up again. Yeah, her knife wound didn’t even hurt that bad anymore. She could hunt for something else. Everything would be fine.

So something easier but still exotic. A couple Takea might do the trick. Not quite as exotic as a Tarakava, but they were good eating. Crucia finished mending her nets and stored them away. You didn’t catch Takea. You killed them, then brought them on board.

The sound of rain gently hitting wood filled the air as Crucia made her way to the boat’s cabin. She grabbed her charts, pouring over her addendums as water dripped off of her. Where had she seen Takea prowling around the most?

It took her a couple precious minutes to weigh her options, but ultimately time was slipping away and she picked as well as she could. Soon her vessel’s engine was started up and her friends and her were on their way. She traveled slightly closer to land, boat slicing through the calm, rolling waves. The crude clock that ticked irregularly next to her maps mocked her as it took her longer to get to where she was going than she estimated. As she neared the location, panic started to simmer in the background of her mind. She had just enough time to get to Silver if she left now without catching anything. But Crucia couldn’t do that. No. Better to get punished by showing up late but with all of her catch quota.

Grabbing her Water Harpoon, Crucia rushed out onto the deck, accidentally slipping and hitting the teak boards hard. She grasped the railing and pulled herself up, gasping. She didn’t have time to catch her breath. She called upon her Cyclone powers and jumped, letting the wind blow her away from her boat in an elongated jump. One day she would be powerful enough to propel herself fully on her own. But close to the ground. Flying freaked her out.

She held her breath and landed with a splash, waiting for the bubbles to clear as she desperately searched about. Life was abundant here, flitting about. A coral reef was colorfully set on display, sprawled out before her. But she didn’t care about any of the fish there. She needed to find a predator. Where weren’t there fish?

She had her unnatural winds move her about underwater, but everywhere seemed safe and thriving. Had she been mistaken about this being a hunting ground for Takea? Was she in too shallow of waters? She knew Takea could also be found in the deeper and darker corners of the ocean.

Crucia went up for air, quickly diving back down. Time was of the essence. She needed to be as least late as possible. At this point she would be happy with at least one Takea. Her body quivered, even in the warmer waters closer to shore. She had to appease Silver.

Okay, so where-

The fish and crustaceans closest to her were now hiding. Had she spooked them? She hadn’t before. Had going up for air caused their reaction? She started to look around. What was she missing?

Pain rippled through her leg and suddenly she was being dragged through the water. She inadvertently let out some air, but managed to keep her head and not let it all out. She looked down as she was yanked about. A toothy maw gripped her leg, the cold optics of a Takea met her gaze for a moment before it shook its head and Crucia was forced to regain her bearings.

Her leg throbbed in pain, momentarily keeping her from focusing her element. The alternative was going to hurt even worse. Crucia looked at the Takea, her Impact Vision punching into the shark, breaking a few teeth and sending it twirling away. As it went, it never lost its grip on Crucia’s leg and large chunks of her leg stripped away and fell as metallic scrap to the seabed below. Thankfully, the shark hadn’t bit through to her organic protodermis muscle. That would have really hurt. Unfortunately, her leg was no longer usable. A major piston was broken off and stuck out at an add angle, the gearing around it stripped away.

But Crucia didn’t have time to think about her. She needed to catch the Takea before it swam away. Those buggers were some of the fastest Rahi she knew.

The Takea was floundering nearby, shaking off the concussive force of her vision power. Crucia brought her Water Harpoon to bare, aiming for the shark’s optics as best she could. She fired the harpoon, hoping to kill it in one blow. No such luck. The harpoon lodged a foot away from the optics.

The pain of the sudden intrusion to its body caused the Takea to dive. Crucia mentally cursed as the harpoon line went taunt and then pulled her down. It took all she had to bear the pain of her leg and hang on to her Water Harpoon. She just needed to withstand it all until the Takea leveled out.

The already sparse light faded as the water pressure increased. As the shark slowed, Crucia reeled in her harpoon. She wasn’t even concerned with having to breath at this point. Her mind was focused on one thing, killing this shark.

The Takea noticed her and tried to swim away, once again pulling Crucia along. But she was ready for it this time and kept reeling in the line until she could grab the harpoon itself as it was lodged in the shark. The Takea freaked out and twisted and spun, trying to dislodge her. Crucia used her winds to shift the water and try to negate its movements. When it slowed, Crucia magnetically attached her Water Harpoon to her back and grabbed the harpoon lodged in the Rahi with both hands.

Then she mercilessly used her Impact Vision over and over and over. The Rahi’s metallic outer covering dented and strained as it was struck with powerful concussive force again and again. Eventually the Takea was knocked unconscious as Crucia’s optics grew dim. She needed air, but she wasn’t done yet.

She painstakingly pulled the harpoon from the shark’s side and triumphantly shoved it through the optic and into the brain, killing the beast. Crucia absentmindedly took a breath and water burned her lungs. She strained to keep herself from coughing. She needed to get to the surface immediately.

Crucia grabbed the shark with one hand near where a fin met the body. Her other hand grabbed her Water Harpoon. She forced her mind to the task and channeled her element through the tool. A water current surged around her. She could only focus on the one thing and wasn’t able to use her Cyclone powers to assist her further, but the current was doing well enough.

Her head hurt, and so did her leg. She closed her optics, trying to focus as her brain lost more and more cognitive function from lack of oxygen.

One of these times she wouldn’t almost die from drowning while fishing. She swore to herself to buy some Air Zamors when she could.

And then she was free! The cold rain now a beautiful addition to her day as she heaved and clung to the floating Takea. Water ran from her mouth, lost to her already soaked form. She took a moment to recover, but it was a moment she didn’t have. Grunting in pain, Crucia used her Cyclone power to push her to her boat.

The air caught in her throat, panic drawing the air away. Silver’s vessel loomed over her own. She was too late.

 

OOC: Last Crucia post I accidently had written her with a Trident instead of her Water Harpoon. That was a mistake.

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Formatting.
  • Like 2

-----------------------------

Lewa_Protodermic_Transformation.jpg.423767a94dc72d6925130b562072f725.jpg

--------- “Guide me as I travel the land of the dead. Help me to embrace their experiences and use them to empower me.” ---------

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Kumu Peninsula

Setting aside her own incredulity at what she'd just witnessed, and resisting the urge to ask what the heck Viltia had thought she was if not an Aspect, Whisper focused instead on the strange Toa's offer. "Help with what?" She asked. "And what manner of payment?"

@Kal the Guardian

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whisper

 

Viltia grabbed her book from her satchel, flipping through it to show Whisper the symbol she had drawn. It was crude, but Whisper would be able to tell it was an ellipsis with a line through it. It was the symbol that represented the Taboo of Desecration. Viltia blinked at the floating tentacle/gas thing. She wasn’t sure if this Aspect even had optics to see. “I found this symbol on a door in a nearby ruin. It’s, uh, an ellipsis with a line through it. I can feel that the door there wants the Taboo, but I can’t learn Taboos. And even if I could, I have no idea what this symbol means. I also felt something powerful and a little dark behind the door, so I think there’s some kind of reward back there. Which is weird that I felt that, since generally I don’t ever have those kinds of feelings.

Oh, but, uh, payment,” her mind raced. What would an Aspect want as payment? “I can make you some Kanoka. Really high level. Or… or hey! I could get you some energized protodermis.

 

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

  • Like 2

-----------------------------

Lewa_Protodermic_Transformation.jpg.423767a94dc72d6925130b562072f725.jpg

--------- “Guide me as I travel the land of the dead. Help me to embrace their experiences and use them to empower me.” ---------

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Kumu Peninsula

"That's the symbol for the rite of desecration, the power that all Aspects are formed with," she mused, staring at the symbol for a few moments. "Whatever's in there must be meant for my kind... so why are you interested?"

@Kal the Guardian

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whisper

 

Viltia smiled and then frowned, “Well that’s good to hear. But let me tell you, I’m interested because I have no idea what I’m doing.” Viltia motioned with her hands, a couple of her tethers mimicking the actions, “Here’s what’s going on. So, there I was at the Air Suva when a crazy legend I heard long ago came to me in a spectacular fashion. I remember the tales of Silver and Golden Kanohi that were actually several Kanohi in one. After spending most of my time making Kanohi since I learned how to, I knew I needed to figure out how to do that.

But I couldn’t figure it out on my own. It sure seems like the Air Suva should be able to do it, but I just had no idea how. Cue the Admin. Uh, Administrator.

So, I was in the Grand Temple Ruins, asking the Admin a ton of questions and feeling a little unsure about its character. If an electronic thingy can even have character. I have no idea.” Viltia shrugged, “Anyway, the Admin tells me that Golden masks are possible. Buuuuuut, apparently it won’t just let me upgrade the Air Suva easy peasy. Nooope. Apparently I have to learn how I can teach it how to learn Taboos. Like, ugh. But I really want Golden masks, so I’m going to figure out how to do this.

Next thing I know, the Admin sends me to Irnakk. He’s actually pretty nice. But he wanted me to steal the Mask of Creation from the kind of shady Toa Knichou. Now, I’m not going to steal anything, ever, so I knew I couldn’t get the information for the Admin from Irnakk.

So I head back to the Grand Temple Ruins and ask the Admin for another way. Thankfully, it said I might be able to find the information I need in the Kumu Peninsula. So I spent half of today racing around this place. Eventually, I find this broken down temple with a door. When I touch the door, it teleports me someplace else and now there’s a symbol on the door and I feel like I’m being watched. I couldn’t figure out what to do, so I looked around for another door or an Aspect. And hey, I found you! Or...” Viltia thought about it, “Actually, you found me I guess.” She smiled.

 

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Formatting.
  • Like 2

-----------------------------

Lewa_Protodermic_Transformation.jpg.423767a94dc72d6925130b562072f725.jpg

--------- “Guide me as I travel the land of the dead. Help me to embrace their experiences and use them to empower me.” ---------

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Kumu Peninsula

The Aspect of Change floated in silence as the Toa spilled her soul. Whisper normally had to work far harder than this to wring even the most minuscule morsel of pertinent information from others, so Viltia's overly forthcoming nature was a refreshing change of pace. 

The information about the Administrator was especially intriguing. For all of its condemnation of the Aspects and refusal to answer Whisper's questions, the fact that the strange entity wanted to learn taboos, to gain power beyond what it already possessed, betrayed an ambition that went far beyond the programming it claimed to be bound to. With kraata or rahkshi the Administrator could finally roam beyond the temples it was trapped in, and become a force to be reckoned with in the wider world. 

Filing that implication away for future consideration, Whisper addressed Viltia, "Very well," she said. "I'll help you investigate this door. Lead on."

@Kal the Guardian

  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whisper

 

Alright!” Viltia clapped her hands, “Okay, okay.” She turned, sensing her line of moss. She had turned from the Rock Rahi ruins just so, so that meant… “This way!

Viltia excitedly motioned Whisper to follow her and she moved through the mists, her Muaka moving to follow her. It took far longer than when she had been a giant. The “quick” walk turned into an hour as they eventually came across Viltia’s original trail of moss and turned to follow it. Soon after, the basalt amphitheatre came into view. Her muddy tread tracks from earlier still trailed across the stone courtyard. The courtyard stood at the center of an amphitheater-like structure that could fit maybe a hundred people, and was about thirty feet across. The empty stone seats of the theater had not seen an audience for a long time: parts of the black structure were half-crumbled while others had crumbled completely into ruin. Nevertheless, there was an eerie feeling that they were being watched by invisible spectators.

On the opposite side from where they had walked up sat the black obsidian door, standing freely and rising from the ground like a chipped tooth. As Viltia led Whisper up to it, Whisper would be able to see a symbol glowed dully upon the black surface: an ellipsis with a line through it.

Viltia pulled out her axe/crossbow and rose upon her tethers, “Now, I don’t exactly like the vibe here or those feelings of power and darkness earlier, specifically the darkness part. Be careful.

 

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

  • Like 2

-----------------------------

Lewa_Protodermic_Transformation.jpg.423767a94dc72d6925130b562072f725.jpg

--------- “Guide me as I travel the land of the dead. Help me to embrace their experiences and use them to empower me.” ---------

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Kumu Peninsula

"Curious..." she said softly, drifting over to the door. 

The structure was a strange place indeed, ancient and abandoned now, yet clearly created with a purpose in mind. It seemed that whatever was supposed to happen with this door, in times past it had been done with an audience. This surely had to originate from a time when the Builders were still abundant, and interacted more freely with Aspects than they did now. 

Whisper stopped before the door, and carefully reached out with one of her hands to touch the desecration symbol upon its surface. 

@Kal the Guardian @Eyru

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Outside Kini-Koro Hospital (Boarding the Taku)

"If you'd be so kind, Commander," Nale replied, picking up her pace into a short dash and almost leaping into the Toa of Iron's arms. She wrapped her own around his neck, icy blue optics meeting emerald, Kakama-to-Kakama. The heaviness of the hospital was coming off her shoulders, like the events that had just transpired within its walls hadn't occurred. Like there was no danger just outside of Kini-Nui. For this brief time, before they were to board the Taku, it was just them. And Nale liked these moments the most.

Knichou had that kind of demeanor she'd seen before in younger Toa, and it seemed like he would never lose it. The confidence of having all that power, that no threat is too great...multiplied by that mask he now wore proudly and openly. It did bother her, some times, that maybe he was too confident. 

But, in this moment, between them...there was something else the Fa-Toa wanted to bring up.

"So, when am I gonna get my own jetpack?"

She cocked her head, smiling slyly, and raised an eyebrow.

"Or do you just always want to have an excuse to hold me?"


@BULiK

IC: Jutori - Kini-Koro Hospital

Jutori settled back into his bed, once again resigning himself to it--despite his intrigue in whatever Knichou carried with him. "Guess...I better get used to this place."

He glanced over at Kat.

"Least...he didn't poof a blanket out of thin air to keep me down."

@The UltimoScorp

  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau:[Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse Profiles]:kaukau:
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Korruhn, ???

Void.

Korruhn had thought he'd learned the definition of the word. First, when he explored his first tomb, climbing down into the wet, miasmic darkness that seemed to swallow him whole. Second, when he first stepped onto the tar-black sands of the Far Shore; the dead lumbering endlessly forward as the world transmutated around them. But now, the the term would come to be redefined in the mind of Korruhn once more.

The space beyond the portal was both simplistic and indescribable. His first step onto what seemed to be a solid surface landed with a thud that echoed endlessly. The embrace of vacuum, a lack of any atmosphere from which formed heat, and cold, entirely devoid. As far as his eyes could see was an endless veil of black, interspersed with what could be barely discerned as massive columns that stretched beyond the field of vision above and below.

He felt blind as he took his first steps forward, slowly reaching out with a foot and gingerly poking the floor he could not see in an attempt to deduce what was solid and what wasn't. Seemingly solid in the first few steps, he began forward with slight more vigor, although still vastly uneasy about his surroundings.

Strangely, about 50 feet ahead, a puddle of light, a deep sanguine shade, pooled on the floor, acting more as a liquid than the photons carrying light that it seemed to be. Blood-red, by all accounts, was never a sign to approach. And yet, Korruhn found himself with nowhere else to go.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 6

Untitledbzp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra – Le-Metru Nuva

Night steadily settled over the village in the trees, bringing with it cooler temperatures, and the lilting calls of night creatures. For many of those who called the village home, the sounds were a comforting confirmation of the vibrant life that surrounded the settlement.

But the onset of night brought no comfort to Sidra.

Since her rebirth as a NUVA, Sidra had come to dread the end of day. Her dreams were haunted, the nightmares creeping through no matter how hard she tried to soothe her mind while she slept. She’d tried getting herself very drunk, taken a bunch of different herbal remedies, played white noise, enjoyed the company of the occasional bedfellow, but none of it, not even self-hypnosis or other attempted applications of her powers, had driven the dark dreams away.

She hadn’t had a truly restful night’s sleep in a month, and this night was no different.

Tonight, she dreamed of falling.

She plummeted through the floor of a flaming airship, Othorak’s hands dragging her down, the flailing pair tumbling down towards the streets of Ta-Metru far below…

…but she instead crashed down onto a catwalk in the Great Furnace, the Kanohi Dragon’s monstrous maw snapping shut around her…

…as she sputtered to the surface of the Fau Swamp. Othorak waited for her here, too, but now he was part of the Grand Untethered, its innumerable arms clawing at her, its multitude of mouths calling her name…

…before she fell with the rain to land at the feet of Nektann. The storm that surrounded him was so fierce, the rain so torrential, that she couldn’t see much more than the colossal curved claws of his foot as it rose up, and crashed down atop her.

She awoke choking for breath, feeling like a very real weight was still pressing down on her chest as the dream receded. It was still dark and quiet outside, the only sounds she could hear being her own desperate breaths and her heartbeat roaring in her ears. She rolled over with a groan, burying her face in her pillow in a pathetic effort to ignore the panic writhing within her.

She’d thought it would get better, or that she would adjust and learn to live with the fear, but it never went away. If anything, it felt worse than ever, after yesterday’s revelations had shaken loose all of the trauma of her the battle with the Grand Untethered.

She screwed her eyes shut and pulled the sheets tighter around her as she rolled back over, hoping she might be able to calm herself enough to get back to sleep, but already knowing she wouldn’t.

She never did.

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Reliable Narrator | Somewhere?

Korruhn stepped into the ring of red in the center of the darkness. Nothing happened, except he could swear he heard the soft sound of the waves of Ga-Metru and the nearly indiscernible shaking and playing of instruments like drums and beaded gourds.

@Crimson Jester

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Ulkarr, Enra, Reckless, Lawful, Obedient, Impressionable and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro) - No Results Found

"No mutations have been detected amongst the settlement’s populace." Lawful answered Prasral. Wayward, however, seemed to object.

"How would you know? You have not checked-"

"NO MUTATIONS HAVE BEEN DETECTED AMONGST THE SETTLEMENT’S POPULACE." Lawful said, louder this time, as if that would make it more truthful.

"Yeah, uh, there’s another prob we got. Zadred thinks that the Earth Portal is especially screwed, ’cause apparently there’s lots of Mesi on the other side in the Earth Ruins."

Reckless and Lawful shared a glance, remembering their hunt for Takadox in the Mesi’s underground labyrinth. The eponymous creatures were irrationally hostile and knew how to use their elemental powers together effectively. They likely would not have gotten out if not for their organic allies and null cores. Their predictions of what might happen if they were to gain access to Kini-Koro were not optimistic ones.

Impressionable had only been using half of his processing power to pay attention to what was going on, he was too busy pondering the quandaries of his existence. As such, he had no idea what was going on, but it sounded important, so he pretended to have been listening all along by moving his head up and down slowly, a sign of understanding amongst organics.

Obedient then arrived, converting from four legs to two. "I must report unfortunate news. Though I was able to make contact with Kini-Koro, I could not transmit our request, as they appear to be preoccupied by the proximity of a titan-class Rahi. Reports claim that this is the same Tahtorak that instigated the evacuation of Po-Koro."

"TAH - TAHTORAK?!" Enra seemed quite taken aback at the sound of that. Fear was evident in both her face, body and voice. Ulkarr, however...

"I must go to Kini-Koro immediately. They will require assistance."

"NO-"

Not waiting for permission, he began heading towards the Ruins of Stone, walking with haste.

@NorikSigma@Harvali

 

IC: NU-8020S, Achro and Navu (Kini-Koro Airspace, The Taku) - The Sound of Music

"Wha...? 'Recently suppressed'?" Navu had no idea what was going on. "Is this really the best time to be listening to music? Don’t we have bigger - MUCH BIGGER - problems to deal with?"

Meanwhile, Achro was beginning to twitch with anticipation at the thought of using the weapon he now wielded. NU-8020S looked at him with concern.

@NorikSigma@BULiK@Snelly@Tarn

 

IC: Gnabol (Kini-Koro, Airdock, The Taku, Exterior) - A Storm Is Coming

"Right." Gnabol rode Padley off back into the village proper. There was quite a lot of commotion about. Hopefully, the kids - er, the Skaklets - were OK.

@NorikSigma

Edited by Toru Nui
Added in Gnabol post.
  • Like 2

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vashni - Ko-Pou -

Vashni grasped Iradra's hand firmly, giving both her and Triage a reassuring smile. Being a Toa of Psionics made her acutely aware of the feelings of nervousness from the other Toa, not that she needed her powers to see that. It was natural to feel nervous of course, Vashni felt it herself. In all her life, she'd never even seen a Toa Kaita before, much less accomplish creating one. There were a lot of unknowns. 

None of that really mattered. They had to help these Matoran, and this was the last course of action available to them. In this, the three Toa were single minded in purpose, and perhaps that's all that was needed. 

Vashni knew this would work, because it had to. 

@Tarn@Snelly@Toru Nui@Harvali@Vezok's Friend

  • Like 2


My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2021 at 9:43 PM, NorikSigma said:

IC: Sanso - Taku

"Song selection?
"Ah, yes!"

Sanso took out a series of tablets and begin listing them off.

"Well, there's really too much to list right now, but let me know what your Commander prefers! There's bound to be something here, from New Flow to Post-Classical Zakazian Rhythm to Symphonic Continental Revival, and even some until-recently suppressed Nuian Wind Chants, though by the looks of things, probably not what you have in mind."

16 hours ago, Tarn said:

IC: Nale Vella - Outside Kini-Koro Hospital (Boarding the Taku)

"If you'd be so kind, Commander," Nale replied, picking up her pace into a short dash and almost leaping into the Toa of Iron's arms. She wrapped her own around his neck, icy blue optics meeting emerald, Kakama-to-Kakama. The heaviness of the hospital was coming off her shoulders, like the events that had just transpired within its walls hadn't occurred. Like there was no danger just outside of Kini-Nui. For this brief time, before they were to board the Taku, it was just them. And Nale liked these moments the most.

Knichou had that kind of demeanor she'd seen before in younger Toa, and it seemed like he would never lose it. The confidence of having all that power, that no threat is too great...multiplied by that mask he now wore proudly and openly. It did bother her, some times, that maybe he was too confident. 

But, in this moment, between them...there was something else the Fa-Toa wanted to bring up.

"So, when am I gonna get my own jetpack?"

She cocked her head, smiling slyly, and raised an eyebrow.

"Or do you just always want to have an excuse to hold me?"

 IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Airspace, The Taku

Despite being fully prepared (as it was Knichou's idea after all) Nale jumping into the Nynran's arms was as breathtaking for the engineer as ever. The Fe-Toa caught hold of the Captain and smoothly brought her closer until she slowed to a stop right on top of him. Knichou felt her arms curl around his neck, and if his sense of vision wasn’t adrift on the celestial blue ocean of her diamond-like optics, the ex-Ghost would have seen that coming as well.

Her anodized blue adaptive armor gauntlets melted into the Fe-Toa's metallic grey gorget, and the two Toa could feel the warmth of each other's skin as Nale secured her mounting in preparation for liftoff. The tingling sensation as their armor substrates melded - the phenomenon a side effect of yet another of the deep layer protocols Knichou built into his nanosuits - was unique but not unwelcome. A similar reaction occurred as their chestplates met, with Knichou's parting on contact to bring her even closer, until the pulsing of his heartlight softly resonated through her cuirass, and the two toa could feel each others' chests shift back and forth from their respiration. Her hardened gunmetal chestplate was static, however, and that constantly reminded Knichou that despite how close they had become over the past month, it was not yet absolute, and there was still more he could do to protect and empower her. Their bond could still - and if it was up to Knichou, would - grow stronger and closer.

And so it was that Knichou's optics widened as the Fa-Toa asked him when she was getting her new armor. The charmed Nynran's head mirrored hers closely as it rotated to the side, as if tugged along by the hypnotic gaze. A similar grin formed on the Fe-Toa's face upon hearing Nale's question. After a moment of indulging in the peacefulness of the two of them being alone together, the question he asked in response was accompanied by a raised eyebrow of his own.

"Well, okay, mayyyyybe, but did you really think that Kini-Koro and the Taku were the only projects of mine over the past month?"

Having delayed their flight long enough, Knichou then leapt up into the air as the thrusters that formed on his back and legs lifted the duo into the air. Gimballed jets grew out from near his shoulder blades to maneuver him - after all, he couldn't use arm thrusters to stabilize his flight when they were preoccupied with the higher priority task of hugging Nale. The two Toa instinctively squeezed each other harder as Knichou leaned backwards to direct them towards the Taku's entrance and rolled over to complete the Immelmann turn so he could see where he was going.

As they hurtled towards the boarding ramp, Knichou leaned backwards so that the thrust from his jetpack slowed their approach to a halt, with his leg thrusters decreasing in power for a smooth descent. After a moment, his boots gently gripped the steel paneled floor of the Taku.

"Captain on deck," Knichou announced after the pair touched down on the entrance ramp, though based on his gaze, he was more speaking to Nale herself instead of addressing the crew at large. As Nale dismounted, he looked into the room ahead, inside of which stood a new Toa, Navu, and Arnex, who was trying to think of how to respond to, well, everything. The commander saw that this new Toa of air carefully carried a variety of instruments.

"This that new guy?" Knichou asked Arnex as he approached, with the matoran promptly nodding in acknowledgement. "Great!" he told the new Toa with a nod. "Busy time to join up but don't worry, we'll be back to normal here soon and I'll get you up to speed on your, uh, orders. For now, just don't break anything."

The ex-Ghost brought a hand to his chin, trying to remember if there was something else on his mind.

"Oh, and what should we call you?"

~~~

Seeing that Knichou and Nale had landed, Berys began to raise the collective, causing the Taku to gain altitude as Berys rotated the airship to face the clouds approaching from the west.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 6

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kumu Peninsula

Whisper was still a stranger to physical sensation (she had only spent one day in Vulmai's body, after all), so she was startled to find that she felt something when she pressed one of her hands to the door. The glowing symbol upon the door —an ellipsis with a line drawn through it— felt warm, even beneath the touch of her lifeless armor. Or perhaps it was another sensation masquerading as warmth. Just like touching something incredibly cold will produce the sensation of heat, so perhaps this symbol was so empty that its icy hunger felt warm.

There was nothing behind or around the door. It rose from the ground like a gravestone, so where could it possibly lead? Neither Whisper nor Viltia had any idea, but it clearly led somewhere, impossible though it seemed. They needed to open the door to find out, but to do so they would first have to find a way to open the lock.

 

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Desert West of Kini-Nui

Nektann veered in his course. Whether out of intention, or simply because he was wandering aimlessly, none can say. But his deviation from his southward path became immediately clear, for as he drifted to the east, the clouds over Kini-Nui began to open their reservoirs. The few droplets that had fallen already were only heralds of the vast host that had yet to invade. And as the tahtorahk's wanderings took him southeast (still not directly approaching the valley), the rains began to fall. They pitter-pattered at first, nothing more than a gentle shower, and for a moment it seemed like Kini-Koro was overprepared. They spattered the dust and tickled the leaves, cool and refreshing.

Then a fork of lightning broke the sky, and the ensuing crack of thunder shook the last barricades free. The clouds opened completely and released the fullness of their storehouses. The deluge of rain fell to the earth like a wave, instantly drenching anyone not under cover. The spattered dust began to turn to mud. Leaves snapped off their twigs under the weight of the water, and then the thinner twigs began to snap off their branches. The calm streams that wound their way through the valley began to swell into rivers. The mountains became veiled under the low-hanging clouds, making it look like the sky itself had fallen to consume them.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Kumu Peninsula

"A door to nowhere," she pondered, drifting in a slow circle around the door. Perhaps it was a passageway to another plane, not unlike the temples within which the Administrator resided. The sigil of desecration felt hollow and wanting, a void eager to be filled, but unlike what she'd heard about the doors in Kini-Nui, this one hadn't tried to rip the energy out of her the moment she'd come into contact with it. Perhaps it needed... permission?

She circled back to the front of the door, placed her hand directly over the symbol, and began to recite the poem of desecration. "Goodbye. Hello. Step forth into the darkness and prepare the gift. A star’s heart still beating..."

@Kal the Guardian @Eyru

  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kanohi and “Komisti” - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi felt his heartlight stop, and he slumped against his staff. The … the so called rain demon, a Tahtarok as they called it, its … it had resurfaced? It was heading towards Kini-Koro? He … he thought it would be an invasion from the Earth Ruins not … not that.

The cross-wired Matoran could barely focus in on the words hurled around him. That … that Tahtarok had destroyed Po-Koro, utterly destroyed the village. And … and it had not even gotten close, just walked past. If that demon was headed towards Kini-Koro could … could anyone survive?

His heartlight began to pound, vibrating as he clutched his staff. He … he should have … he needed to—

Kanohi,” Komisti interrupted, “it’s not here. We can still help them.

The councilor nodded, “Okay … right. Right, right right right right right,” he rubbed his head, he and Councilor NU had developed a rough plan in case the rain demon returned, it was hard to remember in this panic, NU was smarter about this.

Finally he squeezed out of his mask, “we need to contact Kini-Koro. Warn them to avoid low ground or ground that might be unstable. Which is obvious, s-sorry. We need to alert the guards that refugees might be piling in from the portal, and to let them in. We need to have Disks of Regeneration on hand, to help mend any of their homes and tools that break.

Komisti winced, they were not eager for more to use the portal, still they said, “I will alert the guards by the ruins. My Kanoka Blade was useful during the last flood, it might be good for me to be nearby.

Kanohi nodded, “we also should encourage Kini-Koro to send their refugees our way, and we need temporary housing for any of them who flee here. Would one of you Vahki be willing to pass on that message? I will … I will join you by the radio tower shortly, I-I will need to be to ready to respond.

Komisti nodded and followed after Ulkarr, drawing their Kanoka Blade. They knew their frost would be useless against that storm, they saw its power. But wearing a mask, channeling the element of Ice through their blade? It made them feel more like a Toa, and that made them a bit more confident. And they would need that push. 

OOC: @NorikSigma @Toru Nui

  • Like 4

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka Avatar by @Harvali and edited by @Kal the Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku -

The boss and the captain were back on the ship, but Skyra was too distracted to really notice. She could feel the change in the air pressure from outside as she could hear the rain begin to fall heavily outside the airship. Skyra poked her head out a window to see just how bad it was. 

"Holy #### it's storming something fierce out there!" If you thought Skyra dreaded the idea of getting into an aerial fight in a the middle of a thunderstorm well...you're wrong. If anything it made her more pumped. 

"This fight is gonna be epic, I can feel it~" 

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @NorikSigma @Toru Nui

  • Like 3


My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Korruhn, ???

The gentle, rhythmic clang of chimes, backed by the steady hum of wind instruments, and the lulling beat of drums felt like an assault on Korruhn's ears in such a space. The silence, the emptiness turned even the faintest of sounds to a clap of thunder. He could hear the resonance of each individual chime-pipe as though they surrounded his head. He rubbed his temples in irritation, although he was both happy to be able to hear again, and most curious about why this tune seemed to be ever-so-distinctly from Ga-Metru.

He lowered himself to his knees, next to the blood-red pool. It sounded like the source of the music was somehow *inside* of the seemingly non-Newtonian fluid. But how? He gazed deep into the swirling depths, in hopes that he could see the source of the music.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

 

  • Like 5

Untitledbzp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Stannis | The Far Shore

Stanza 2.2 — Seer

There was little to see in the obfuscating recess between the crumbling buildings and the dark voids they cast, but Stannis delved in boldly regardless. He wore his cloak as normal now, the moisture from the ocean by then thoroughly dried up in the arid biome, and it billowed and whipped frenetically around him as he ventured into the darkness. There was a low howl of wind as it churned through the confines between the buildings, but beside the wind there was only the click of his spear’s pommel striking the ground as he walked… and the distant, faint clicking of the mysterious stranger’s stick doing the same up ahead which acted an unseen beacon for the wizard to follow after.

Everything about the landscape looked at once alien and familiar to the wizard, a conflicting battle of the senses that left him both unsettled and comforted. There was no way to know if where he was going was the right direction but Stannis’ attunement to Fate’s meanders assured him that he was in the right path so long as he continued forward. Forward was the right direction, regardless of whether it deviated left or right; Progress was life; apathy was death. It was a philosophy which governed the spirit’s existence from the start, a constant yearning for more in a quest to attain a perfect understanding of Destiny. Content in the darkness as if it were his own home he walked without hesitation or trepidation. There was no need for magical light to reveal the unseen, not when the isolating shadows felt like a guiding embrace.

The sun had entirely set by the time Stannis felt he was close to his quarry, and far above him the faint rumbles of a storm murmured. The telltale signs of the other beings’ amble, the rhythmic and distant clicking of his cane upon the asphalt streets and alleys, had come to a stop but not by a gradual fading away, indicating that pursued being had either found his place of refuge or vanished entirely, and while Stannis was not quick to write off the latter he found it vastly more likely to be the former. He rounded a corner, then came to a halt. He was being watched. His eyes fell on a cluster of dim lights at the far end of a hallway, deep within the bowels of the nearest building—another shattered shell of a former residential centre—and casting a slight silhouette against the shimmering luminescence was the stooped being, with those amethyst eyes blinking back at him. Come, they seemed to say, and who was Stannis to decline?

The Wanderer stride forward with renewed purpose to the waiting being and upon closer inspections he could discern only the vaguest things about them. The one who waited carried themselves with the honor of a turaga, wearing the elaborate vestments of an elder and holding a stick very similar to the one Turaga Yamdra wielded, and much like the Wanderer’s dark visage this turaga’s eyes were all that peeked out from beneath their cloak’s hood. They were leaning their back against a short stele, and behind them was a wall of glass tubes in which dimly glowing blue liquid played silently.  “Who are you? Tell me of yourself,” Stannis demanded as they came closer, his curiosity getting the better of his tact, “and then tell me of this place.”

You ask me for knowledge, Stennis,” the old man said as he clutched his staff wizenly and rested his weight upon it. He pulled a flask from a sleeve and indulged in a sip before handing it to the toa. “But what use is that to you if you will not use it?

"Knowledge is a tool that can be used or discarded as I see fit,” the wizard said as he reached out and accepted the offered drink, but hesitated before he took a sip. “You know my name… but only almost said it right.

Ah. Yes. Well, that’s what I do, see: I drink and I have approximate knowledge of many things. You are a wanderer. I am a seer, and while my name is meaningless to you there are some who call me Atramentous.

There is that name again, Stannis thought in amazement as he realized that the yawl he had captained to its destruction had been named identically.

You want to know about this place? You want to know of whom I speak of when I say ‘there are some.’ I know you are not of here, so will tell you as you have asked of me, and then, after I have given you answers to your mind’s content, I will give you your fortune. Is good?

Stannis was not in a position to argue so he simply settled himself upon the ground with folded legs an arm’s length away from the turaga, who spent a moment struggling with his ancient knees before finally coming to sit with his back pressed against the stele. He listened with open ears and mind, fascinated in learning something new that could perhaps align what he already knew with the realities he was observing.

We are on Terros Nui, Stennis; this is a plane of so much history and still woefully few memories of the past. Of those who keep the knowledge alive among the denizens there is only me.

Are you alone in this place?

I am lonely but I am not alone,” Atramentous replied. “No. This world may be dying, but there are people who still live here, Stennis. They are diverse as the clouds in the sky and abundant as the fish in the sea. Many of them live below ground in the network of catacombs that lace the city’s foundations and venture out when they require sustenance. They are mostly peaceful, but they are ravaged by the world they live in and in their trauma they have chosen to hold a a singleminded drive to survive above all other desires. Lore is only important so long as it helps them live until tomorrow; next week is as distant a concept as last week’s memory.

These people… do not learn?” Stannis asked in bewilderment. “Or do they simply not care to learn?” This cultural trait ran counter to what he held so close: The acquisition and preservation of knowledge was essential to his goal of creating a world of progress. Ever forward—ever onward—only worked if the lessons from the past were learned and disseminated. There were clear signs of social progress with feats of architecture and technological application comparative to Metru-Nui or Xia’s development, but it appeared to him that all that progress had been rendered dystopian by the lack of retaining those skills.

They do not need to,” the turaga said with a shrug. “All that ever needed to be learned already was. Over time, the lessons of old were stowed away, all the knowledge of the world in safekeeping. They chose to do as they willed out of complacency, and that’s how the world came to be quiet the way it is now, Stennis.

My name is Stannis

No it’s not. Fake news! Fake identity! It makes not a lick of difference whether I trade one vowel for another if it's not real. I know who you are and I know what you are. You’re not the first one to walk these shores. You are not Stannis, but you have fooled yourself into thinking you’ve become him, haven’t you, hmm? Huhu,” the turaga said.

Darkness exists where light is not, but light exists whether there is darkness or not. One banishes the other, but the other lets it in. Look at you as an example of the hypothesis’ efficacy. Stannis and Caedast were once distinct souls until he let you into his body. Little by little Stannis eroded his self to you, he let your shadows in, until he is no more and that cannot be undone. He let you in, Caedast, even though you were once equals in will, once.” Atramentous took a swig of his flask. “So you see... I think you better than you know.

Stannis sat in stunned silence for a long moment, unsure what to say or think in the face of this Atramentous saying the truth so plainly. In the end, after a moment that seemed like forever in absolute stillness, his lips stirred. “Tell me my fortune, if you know me so well. Tell me… what I will make of me.

Let me see your palm,” the turaga said nonchalantly with yet another toss back of a swallow of the flask; Stannis offered his hand, which the man gently took in his old claws. His eyes rolled to the back of his skull before he closed his eyelids in sacramental focus, and upon Stannis' hand he traced the lines of his palm like a map's contours. Stannis studiously watched him work with critical eyes, seeking out any indications it was a ploy despite being impressed by the turaga's knowledge of him before. Stannis was eager to know his destiny; it was ironic how much he could tell others about their fates but never could see his own pathways ahead.

"Mmmmmmmmm. You... Caedast... will wiiiinnnn! Indeed, you already have won. Your quest, your Wish, will be successful. But it will come at a cost. You will have everything, but you will lose everything more. You are not welcome here on Terros-Nui." Atramentous backed away, his amethyst eyes bursting back to existence in the dark recess of his cowl. 

"Is there anything else you can say?" Stannis pressed, delighted to hear the good news of victory and chomping at the proverbial bit for something more than false prophesies of grandeur but bewildered by the sudden change from the welcoming tone. "Anything more about what Fates await me?"

"There is nothing; I am sorry but I have said all that I can risk. Your Destiny is always in a sort of... flux, if you will, and as easily made as unmade. Now go away. There is trouble brewing under our feet and it's coming for you, and I will not be drawn into your battles."

"Trouble?" Stannis balked, then he felt with his Stone-senses in the foundations of the buildings. He could feel the rumbles of footfalls and clamber of tools. His eyes narrowed at Atramentous. "You said the people who live on Terros-Nui are peaceful. Why are they coming for me with tools of war?"

"I told you what you needed to hear, Stennis," Atramentous chided. "I said they are mostly peaceful... and that they are traumatized. You are the grain of sand grinding against their sores, and their phase of passive response are long over. Look around you, Stennis—does this landscape look like the people here would choose flight or freeze? They have chosen to fight, to eject the irritant upon their skin that threatens to tear the world asunder." And with that, Turaga Atramentous' crumbled to his knees, his eyes dimmed to darkness, and then he slumped to the side like a pile of stones cast down. 

Stannis suddenly stood up and gathered his weapon as he realized the severity of his situation and the threats that were coming for him. There had been a deception, he was sure, but of what and to what end he hadn't the faintest idea. Whatever he came to find out in the Far Shore was still eluding his grasp, and would continue to do so if he did not survive. He traced his steps in the darkness, striving to returning from whence he came, winding this way and that, all while beneath him—and around him—he could discern the clanking of footfalls of a different sort this time. They grew louder and more assured the closer he got to the main road where he had seen the purple-eyed seer before, and he sought that area because it was an open space he hoped would lend well to his defense, but every step he took was tormented by the echoes of the native people's marches which resounded angrily off the confines of the unseen walls looming all above and beside Stannis. 

When he got to the space he found it bathed in moonlight and filled with the closing ranks of beings much like Atramentous, all leering at him with violet eyes from the corners of the area and held their wicked weapons close to their chests. The Wanderer slowed his pace as he came near and then slowly walked into the open, showing himself in the brilliant glow of the lunar light. He hafted his spear lazily at his side. "People of Terros-Nui," he shouted out, his voice calm and powerful though still dwarfed in the massive scale of the area, "I am not your enemy. I am not here to threaten, only to wander through. Let me pass unharmed and I will cause no trouble to you."

There was no verbal answer from the beings, but they slowly encroached upon him, a living iris closing in. 

His voice became pleading. He did not wish for violence—he came for answers, not combat; solved mysteries, not certain death—and he cried out yet again with pacifistic diplomacy. Surely, he thought, these people were not devoid of reason and compassion. It was true that he did not belong there, but to have the Far Shore react so viscerally to his presence so suddenly surprised him incredibly. "My name is Stannis! I am a Toa from Maru-Nui, from a place far away, and I do not want to fight you!

Still they came near, showing no signs of abatement or swaying from his words. Below the sound of their short steps, rattling weapons, and shuffling bodies, was a low hiss of words Stannis could not quite discern yet. And then they broke their hesitation and came at him, all in a rush and from every side. Stannis' spear instinctively went up to a defensive stance to meet their charge; the war wizard was not there to fight, this was not supposed to be his war to win at the cost of needless loss of life. Atramentous' prophesy rang in his mind, though: You... will be successful. But it will come at a cost. What cost was he willing to pay for an achieved Grand Wish? He was nearly frightened to find out. 

Stannis was a paramount fighter, and though it was easy to forget that after all his unassuming presence his lectures for peace there were occasions where it was made abundantly clear the rumors of the old man's prowess were not simple legends but rather truly demonstrable fact. He preferred not to be pressed to service, oftentimes working with others to raise them to the occasion and fight for themselves, as he did on Metru Nui while supporting the Taku crew, but over the course of the war there had been many points where Stannis found himself alone, behind enemy lines, and forced to fight for himself. It was testament to his skill and power that he had been able to survive and escape each and every time, but noteworthy were the lack of witnesses to speak plainly of the fights afterward. It was a very similar situation he found himself in on the Far Shore—alone, outnumbered, behind enemy lines. But he still did not desire death.

At the last second, he switched his hold on the spear and turned the lethal end away from the rushing denizens and elected to use his spear as a staff instead, and once he moved the weapon it became like a force of nature in his hand. He swung it to one side and then turned it to the other, and wherever the weapon's haft swept the assailants were brushed aside like stalks of wheat. He deftly parried swords and daggers by turning them away with their own momentum, pushing assailants into each other with well-timed footwork and shoves, and cleverly wound his way in a circle as he strove to constantly keep fighting unerringly forward through the crowd and maintained a single front to fight on. Those who did not stagger away from him or got thoroughly rebuffed were struck non lethally by the brunt of his spear's shaft, hammered to their knees with the forcefulness of a tree. But still they poured themselves against him, and through it all their low chant grew louder with their angry breaths and unified opposition. Asa, Nisi, Masa. 

 

The Warmage kept his defense up, striking what he could not unseat and unseating what he could not press aside, sweeping his spear's blunt haft this way and that with the force to cave a house asunder, but the battle did not turn in his favor. The assailants still churned against him like the ocean's frothy waves rife with seafoam that rendered his footfalls murky and kelp that threatened to tangle his legs, a never-ending current against which he could only paddle against with a self-righteous notion of hopeful indignation. Everywhere he looked he only saw amethyst eyes in darkened shapes and gnashes teeth seething in rage at his interloping, and above all the commotion of fighting those surreal words chanted like a prayer, or a curse. Asa, Nisi, Masa. Asa, Nisi, Masa.

For all his strength he could not keep the fight up at its current pace. He was still holding himself back, but while he aimed to cut through the throng to the corners of the plaza and then vanish into the shadows for refuge it seemed he could not attain that goal by simply beating the enemy back with blunt force alone, and it was in a moment of flagging senses that he started to sputter. An assailant managed to evade his staff and cut past his defenses, managing to shove a short sword into Stannis' thigh. He cried out in pain and surprise and fell to the ground; instantly, the others jumped at the opportunity of weakness and piled upon the Wanderer. The schick of blades upon Stannis' flesh were followed by triumphant shouts. Stannis, under the weight of their pressing bodies, howled back in pain as he was stabbed once and a dozen and two dozen times more. Their words were muffled by their own bodies, but those closest to Stannis—the ones who stabbed at him—could be heard clearly. Asa, Nisi, Masa.

His grey cloak was weighed down by his own blood, sodden anew with fluids of a different sort, and Stannis felt himself being pressed into the asphalt with his cheek crushed on the road. If he was said to be a grain of sand in their oyster shell of a world, a malignant speck to be encased and ejected, he certainly felt like it was a truism. What the assassins did not see, obscured by the nighttime darkness, the cloak, and their own bodies, was that each of their stabs were healed over as soon as their weapons retracted from the toa's body; while before it would have taken several seconds to seal the wounds, Stannis had grown in power from when he had been stabbed before and healed faster than ever. He ceased to move, but he remained very much alive, and then finally the assailants stopped their attack and stepped back to witness their deed's making. Asa, Nisi, Masa. 

Stannis remained on the ground as an unmoving mound of flesh and cloth and the blood-soaked cloak shimmered in the moonlight. Peace, it seemed, would not be his path to victory in the Far Shore; if he was to see the light of day again he would need to be prepared to take lives to do it. Death, it seemed, had indeed followed him there. He strained his lips to move and then quietly said a single word that activated his Haonga to process a pre-written power. " ...Taiari."*

Asa. Nisi. Masa. 

Processing... Input: Accepted.

He gently tapped the ground once with a finger and instantly a burst of kinetic energy shuddered the air around him with a crack of thunder. Terros-Nuians were thrown back by the sheer force of the rebuff and shrieked in shock and surprise, and those who were closest to Stannis had been pummeled to grotesque forms of flesh and armor from the sheer power they were hit by. To the other's utter amazement, the man they had thought killed languidly picked himself up from the ground, first with one leg, then with the other, and then heaved himself up with his spear like a staff. His cloak, already ragged from too many adventures without mending, was pockmarked with a multitude of holes that sagged from the blood that soaked its threadbare cloth, revealing the gaping gashes all over, but Stannis himself seemed perplexingly unharmed. At first they all stood in awe, unmoving yet unflinching, until Stannis decided the game was over, and with a mighty heave he hammered his weapon against the ground. 

The asphalt fractured around him, shattering in a fractal array of and concrete and stonework, and then it shifted yet again to make the terrain uneven and fragile. Stannis moved forward, and this time he would engage the denizens with wrath of his own. This time he spear was employed business-side forward, and those he could not move aside were skewered mercilessly. Still they chanted those words—Asa, Nisi, Masa—but now they added another indiscernible word which, between the cries of pain and the shouts of rage, Stannis could not understand. His weapon found blood with every swing, killed with every stroke, and supplanted with every brush, and those he could not slay with his tool were thrown aside with his Kanohi like chaff in the wind. He had to fight his way up the street and into a building where he could conceivably hide, but for every being he killed another came to take their place. Even then, he was fighting an uphill battle. Asa, Nisi, Masa. [Carthage?]

The ground still shook with every step he took and rumbled as he cast his weapon upon the concrete. Distant cracks of thunder reverberated through the earth and sky, echoing through the battlefield as a continuous cry of the chant kept building up. It looked for all the world as if Stannis' continued presence truly did seem to be tearing the city apart, a grain of sand that rubbed the oyster raw until it bled. Asa, Nisi, Masa. [Cashing?]

He moved the battle towards a nearly fortress skyscraper, running when he could to keep from getting trapped again, but occasionally requiring to slow and fight at a walking pace. Behind him was a river of blood and corpses, and still the Terros-Nuians poured out from the underworld to fight him. Stannis could not understand their ideology or intentions. Was it to die? Did they not see what he was capable of doing? Did they possess any sense of fear or comprehension that to fight was to die? They did not learn from the deaths of their fellows, and it seemed for all that they were doing they could not adapt to a different perspective. The foundations beneath continued to shatter, and he could see ground that was once level and even had been caving into itself, rendered wasted and uneven. Asa, Nisi, Masa. [Carding?]

Finally, Stannis reached the citadel. Its gates were wide open as if someone had been awaiting his arrival, and he covered the last few steps from the great highway to the fortresses' foyer with haste, eager to leave the battle behind as soon as possible. As soon as he was beyond the veil of the redoubts gate he sent one final rebuffing wave of energy out and mentally reached out to the great stone gates to shut behind him, until finally, with one final long moan and deep shudder, they closed at last and separated the Wanderer from the mob without. Above it all, however, he could hear one final word triumphantly being chanted by the whole of the throng, that one word which had escaped his attention until then. It was said hauntingly and with unknowable intent, almost as a curse; it was the Aspect's very own name. 

Caedast. 

Asa, Nisi, Masa, they chanted, Caedast. 

Caedast.

Stannis stood in silent shock, gasping for breath to restore his deprived constitution before he would have to move on, ever forward, again, but he shook his head in utter befuddlement. Everyone, it seemed, knew who he was in the Far Shore, all eyes had been only ever locked at his visage, and for all the answers he had found he had been left with even more questions than before. Mysteries only begot mysteries; confusion was all that awaited him. 

Finding nothing more to do and urging himself to delve deeper into the nightmarish realm to what he hoped would reveal the plane's nature to him, he marched on, deep into the bowels of the cathedralesque, tenebrous citadel which he had all to himself.

 

 

 On the first day, God created everything that ever was. 

 On the second day, God came to take it all back—piece by piece. 

 

 

OOC | * Maori for "repel;" this spellword activates the Haonga to act in many ways similar to a Cast, creating a sphere of kinetic energy that shoves anything inside it away with incredible force, minus the user. The closer to the vortex, the more powerful the effect. 

Rolled a 12 out of 20 for success of the Haonga programming—failure is anything less than a 5.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 6

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Kilo-M9 - Kini-nui - kaita ACR bunker:

The riteborn is here. The time for battle is now.

Negative. Preparations are not yet complete.

What preparation is needed? I already possess the power to kill it. You simply need to set me loose.

That may be true, but this unit cannot afford to put the matoran at risk.

If we strike now, there will be no threat to the builders. I will cut the beast down with my brother’s help. There will be no issues. I don’t understand your reluctance to go forth. I can see into your programming. You need to hunt down the riteborn at all costs, same as me.

You are letting your emotions cloud your judgment. Once again someone has programmed an artificial being to have emotions despite it serving no immediately useful purpose. This unit will have to investigate this common design flaw one day. Regardless, you are correct that we have both been programmed to eliminate the riteborn. What you are failing to recognize is the advantages that are gained through teamwork. With the intelligence that this unit’s allies are gathering, a more efficient strategy can be formed. This unit has looked into your programming as well. You also cannot allow the destruction of the builder’s civilization. Surely you realize the positives of waiting for a while longer?

...Very well, I will wait. Only until we know the status of the riteborn. Once we do, I will go forth and fight.

That is all this unit asks. Before combat begins, a new weapon is required. The bident that shoots water is unlikely to be useful against a creature that creates rain.

As the rain began to fall upon Kini-koro, two titans stood in silence. The sound of raindrops began to echo within the bunker they were standing in. Patiwairutiki finally moved, loosening its grip on the bident it held as the two pronged spear vanished from its grasp. A large heavy war club replaced the previous weapon. The titanic machine began to test the weight of the new armament, a movement driven more by the kaita ACR itself rather than any instruction from its pilot. Eventually, the mechanical enforcer within turned to its fellow NUVA.

Ally Atamai, this unit has potential strategies that might be useful in the upcoming conflict. Based on information within Patiwairutiki’s database, this unit assumes that Ally Atamai's mask of conjuring abilities are now usable by Malkuhuraia. This unit has records of a mask of dimensional travel that could create portals to send objects elsewhere. By giving Malkuhuraia that ability, the tahtorak could be sent elsewhere with little trouble. This unit recommends sending the tahtorak to the space the giant head containing Metru Nui originally fell from.

Strategy two is to give Malkuhuraia increased speed. By going too fast for the tahtorak to react, Ally Atamai could rush in and use a weakness beam to weaken a limb on the creature before cutting it off. This unit recommends the head, though the tail and other limbs are also viable options.”

 

OOC: @~Xemnas~

Edited by pokemonlover360
  • Like 5

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Reliable Narrator | Mi-Kiri

The rahkshi bound to Sorilax’s arrived at its teleported destination, overshot due to poor visibility, slipped across some mucky green stuff Sorilax briefly recognized as moss and mold, and then splashed into a nearby pool of water filling an apartment complex’s breezeway. The water was deep, and the rahkshi began to sink.

A fish bobbed by. Bubbles floated from its silver and green gills. Not curious to stick around with the arrival of the newcomer, it swam away.

Sorilax quickly determined many things. The water kept going down for several stories, undoubtedly filling the buildings below. The remains of matoran, toa, and other beings that looked similar to the refugees that arrived in the fau Swamp a few months ago littered the walkways, their bodies bobbing against ceilings or caught on bent pipes. He could probably swim through the buildings, but how long could a kraata hold its breath? He could always teleport back out to safe dry land, but that could alert whatever sort of creature he’d seen by the boarding ramp. He knew for now that he was safe to explore the sunken civilization floating in the sky, but he also knew that safety would not last forever...

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, choices choices...

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Aqua Sphere

 

Unfortunately, the teleport had not been quite so graceful. The unkept conditions of the water drenched city created a floor of slickness that he was not prepared for. Thankfully, his actions remained silent as he splashed into the water.

It took him several seconds to regain his bearings as he made sure to focus on his Light warping technique. He sank, unconcerned, noting his surroundings but not paying too much immediate attention to them as he crafted a dim hardlight ladder below the water that ran up to the ground above while not breaking through the surface of the water. It was harder to create the ladder while keeping up his Light bending up, but he had spent so many years creating physical objects out of shadow near subconsciously that he succeeded in doing both tasks at once after just a little bit of mental juggling.

As he swam to the ladder and climbed back up, he noted the devastation of the Life around him. Toa, Turaga, Matoran, and all other species were strewn around the place, organics rotting away as their bodies became corroded in the water and eventually sank to become piles of scrap below. It saddened him and for a moment he paused to mourn their loss, but seeing so much death also pushed him forward. He felt he could find a solution to creating more Life here. And if he could not find it here, he was not sure where he ever might. So he must find it here. Or perhaps create the way on his own. There was some knowledge hidden in his mind. He could feel it in his mental seascape of Taboo knowledge. Something was lurking there, waiting for him to figure it out. He just had to figure out how.

Sorilax grabbed the edge of the ground above him, dismissing the dim golden hardlight ladder that had not broken the surface of the water. Even with his Light bending and field of Silence, Sorilax remained cautious and slowly rose from the slightly murky and algae filled liquid, trying to cause as few ripples as possible as he did so. There could definitely be more of the species he had seen outside lurking about and there was no reason to disturb them.

Water dripped from him as he climbed out and stood, the droplets silent in his field of Silence as they struck the deep green and moisture filled moss that squished under his Rahkshi feet. Alright, where to first? Sorilax took a good look around. What he was looking for certainly would not be out in the open. Perhaps it would even be hidden. Secreted away so that only those destined could find it. And he would not find it standing here.

Watching his step on the slippery ground, he ventured forth.
 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Spruced up the post a bit.
  • Like 3

-----------------------------

Lewa_Protodermic_Transformation.jpg.423767a94dc72d6925130b562072f725.jpg

--------- “Guide me as I travel the land of the dead. Help me to embrace their experiences and use them to empower me.” ---------

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...