Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Recommended Posts

IC: Marrow - The Wastes

The world was his canvas, a barren blanket of brown bordered by blue.

And he was painting it all in glorious green.

Sand and stone gave way to branches and brambles, while ferns and flowers filled in his footprints as quickly as he left them. It was all so wonderful. It was what the world had once been, and would be again. He couldn't comprehend why anyone would want to take the green away... but he would bring it back.

Soon his eyes settled on something in the dim distance, a sooty stain on his canvas, stark and sickening against the beautiful blue of the ocean and sky. It was a plume of disrupted dust, mixing with foul fumes and stinging smoke, belched and billowed by a strange herd of small metallic creatures that shone and shimmered in the sunlight. Despite never seeing such shapes before in his current life, Marrow felt the rage rise within him at the sight of them. 

These were the ones he hated.

They had taken the green away.

He adjusted course and began to lumber towards the hated ones, expecting them to scatter and scramble at the sight of him. Instead, the group seemed to come to a stop, gathering together to summon a sudden light. And when the blinking brightness abated, a larger figure stood amidst the others, a figure that charged forward and began to fly towards Marrow. 

They wanted to fight? Against him?

Enticed and excited by the unexpected challenge, Marrow continued forwards, greeting his pitiful opponent with the full force of his Fear Roar. 

@Sparticus147 @NorikSigma @Kal the Guardian

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Atamai: Valley

Nektann was on the ground. The rain began to pour harder. Malhukuraia raised its binding axe, and brought it down, aiming at Nektann's neck.

OOC: @Eyru @pokemonlover360

IC, Aurax: League settlement

Aurax nodded to Xaril and headed out for the airships. He ordered two Vahki to accompany him, along with Saybo. The king said nothing on the ride to the destroyed village. His mind thought back to when he and Knichou had been friends, when they were both in the Nynrah Ghosts. Oh, how simple it was to live then. Back before Aurax had been let down by the Ghosts, and later by the Maru. All he had wanted was respect, and every time he thought he had done something that would earn that respect, people turned on him. 

He sighed and wondered where he had gone wrong in life. 

The airship eventually reached its destination. Aurax walked out of the airship and sat down on a piece of rubble not far from it. He sat and waited.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

Charging forwards in great leaps and bounds, Taua was glad to see that the beast was coming to meet him as well, a wide pair of grins hidden behind their helmet eager for the fight ahead of them. And then they heard it, the monster’s harrowing challenge, the sound of it momentarily making them falter in their step, the sound of it reaching far out and across the wasteland, with the fleeing cohorts urging their rigs to go even faster while even the Skakdi from Fort Nektann collectively shuddering at the sound.

They stumbled in their step, their grin faltering...before it spread back across their face as they grinned, now even more excited and amused by the creature's attempt. They are Taua, they thrived off of the roaring sounds of conflict and existed as a three minded consciousness. Did this riteborn really think it’s yelp was going to frighten them and their collective wills? Hah, not a chance!

But now that raised an interesting question, whose will was stronger. Halting in their charge, they readied and braced themselves as they held up their greatshield in both hands, their six eyes peering over it as two of them flashed with a purple gleam as one of their three vision powers were activated as they roared out a challenge of their own.

“Come to us [Worm/Newt]! Bow before us and I will make your death [Long/Agonizing]!”

Within the Tahtorak’s mind, a presence would make itself known, one intent on putting them in their place, to let them know that they are alone and that they were facing a being far greater than them, one to force them to submit and accept the inevitable. 

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian @NorikSigma

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Marrow - The Wastes

The larger creature faltered, but didn't fall, as Marrow's roar reverberated across the landscape. 

More surprising than its resilience was its ability to retaliate with some kind of psychological attack of its own, two of its too-many eyes becoming miniscule pinpricks of violet light as it lashed out with words that struck with far more force than they should have against a creature that could barely understand them.

Marrow felt lost. He felt lonely. He felt... Small?

He stumbled to a stop as he struggled to make sense of the strange feelings. It wasn't right. He wasn't small. They are! He could see it, the hated one, large for its kind but miniscule and insignificant in comparison to the majesty of Marrow himself. I am mighty! Beyond the many-eyed munchkin, Marrow could see the rest of the creature's herd fleeing, their path bringing them slightly closer to Marrow as they moved to pass him and continue down the coast. And they are afraid.

The larger one was trying to protect them, Marrow realised. It was an Alpha, distracting him from its pack. Even the words it spoke were a challenge for him to approach, to focus on it and leave the other alone. But if the Alpha wanted so badly to make Marrow feel alone, it was only fair that he should return the favour.

Marrow turned his gaze fully towards the fleeing convoy and made a vicious swiping motion towards them with his right hand. The ground before the vehicles exploded upwards in a writhing, roiling wall of roots that mirrored Marrow's movements, crashing down like a wave with the intent of smashing the skakdi to pieces and scattering their remains into the sea. 

@Sparticus147 

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Grime | Kumu Peninsula

"The food is good, thank you Viltia. I couldn't absorb any more if I wanted to," Grime replied politely as Viltia offered seconds. He didn't want to impose on her hospitality. His time hiding under warskaks rigs taught him frugality, or so he rationalized.

"Please call me Grime. I am a simple storyteller now, carrying the legacy of the Builders, hoping for a better world. Before Irnakk I was a forgemaster, practicing at the temple of the Heartsflame. That's all gone now. You'll want to place your codex in the suva where you work your craft. You are a smith, aren't you? I see soot in your joints."

OOC: @Crimson Jester, @Kal the Guardian, @EmperorWhenua, @Gecko Greavesy

 

  • Like 3

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2021 at 3:04 PM, Vezok's Friend said:

IC [Zataka - Irnakk’s Tooth, w. Yumiwak & Co.]

“What was that?” she asked, moving in closer.

IC Yumiwak | Irnakk's Tooth

"A prayer," I half-lied. "You know, when you talk to your god. You folk from the Head had a god of your own, didn't you? Malt-o-Nui? My god's name is Irnakk." I was stalling. Zataka could probably figure that out soon enough but I was hoping I still had enough time to catch Zataka by surprise. 

This place was why I'd gone to great lengths to find her and 'capture' her, why I cultivated the slightest of alliances with her, and plied her for information. Having a general at my leash to serve and pleasure me and amaze my rivals was one thing, but keeping her as a proper destructive pet was quite another. My family's books spoke about the qualities of a person becoming part of their recreation as Kaiju, and if riteborn crafted from the Tooth indeed kept their traits as mortals then I had wondered what a monster made from a truly powerful person could be like. I'd initially thought it would be a matter of turning them into a tahtorak, but that idea was remade as I realized my family's real legacy, but the end goal of turning Zataka into a kaiju remained the same. But how would I be able to make her willingly transform to my wishes? It would not be easy, she was a potent psychic, too, but I was confident in my force of will.

I'd placed myself opposite the fiery pit of the Tooth with Zataka in between, separated by a few paces' distance. It was now or it was never. Zai and I linked hands and I unleashed my mental power on the warlord, flooding her mind with my own presence, forcing out her extraneous thoughts and striving to dominate her compulsions with my own. Whether she expected the betrayal or not was a thought I could not dare consider in that moment. All my efforts were directed at overwhelming her consciousness with an overriding flood of "Red."

  • Like 4

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whisper, Korruhn, Stannis (kind of), Caedast, Grime, Miserix, Life creation Muaka

 

"The food is good, thank you Viltia. I couldn't absorb any more if I wanted to," the Matoran replied, filling Viltia with joy. It was always good to get away from the mushroom stew that made up her meals half the time and enjoy some luxuries. Even if she could literally just make them wherever she wanted. She still enjoyed the simplicity and honest nature of gardening.

Viltia finished her food as he spoke, setting it aside. Whisper mentioned the keys were called codexes, which made everything said before make at least slightly more sense.

The Matoran continued.

"Please call me Grime. I am a simple storyteller now, carrying the legacy of the Builders, hoping for a better world. Before Irnakk I was a forgemaster, practicing at the temple of the Heartsflame. That's all gone now. You'll want to place your codex in the Suva where you work your craft. You are a smith, aren't you? I see soot in your joints."

Viltia was instantly hooked as Grime spoke, “Yes! Yes! I am. And I absolutely love it! Although I only just started learning recently. You should see where I forge some time. Maybe we could make something together! Although right now I only know how to make Kanoka and Kanohi.

She tilted her head, “But what do you mean by ‘the Suva where I work my craft’? I don’t work at a Suva, just a normal protosteel forge. Do you mean the Elemental Suva where I input all my Kanohi?

 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester @Gecko Greavesy

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

They grinned as the creature stumbled in turn, with their grin only widening as it didn’t submit but rather only looked on towards them with even more hatred in its monstrous glare. 

“Yes! Yes! [Hate/Loathe] me, show me your [Fury/Wrath]!”

But it didn’t do as it was beckoned as it swept its claw in front of itself with its gaze looking off towards Taua’s left. For the briefest of moments, they were confused by the thing’s actions till they realized what it was trying to do. It was going for the cohorts. 

Taua only laughed. If Drukarus was there, if he was stronger in conscious, then perhaps they would go and protect those Skakdi. But those Skakdi were weak, they were beneath them, even Drukarus saw them as weak, so why should Taua care for them. The only worth they had was being a decent distraction.

Taking a step, their heavy-plated foot crashed onto the earth before them, a crackling trail of frost and stone trailing towards the Tahtorak that continued forth till it surged beneath the creature. And then rapidly from several spots, great jagged spikes of ice and stone shot up, less intent on impaling the monster and more intent on distracting it as Taua wasn’t content on simply standing and keeping their distance, as that first step was of many. 

[Fool/Simpleton]!”

They roared out fiercely as they charged forth, shifting their spare left hand to their maulaxe as they swung it in a wide arc, axe head intent on striking the left side of the monster’s throat, the faint shimmer of silver coming across the two-handed weapon, their torso, and their upper left arm.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @NorikSigma @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Stannis | Kumu

The man Stannis was would have been elated to be back and reconnecting with the old world. He would have wondered if Grime really remembered him, if there were any memories of the matoran of plasma who tinkered with codes, who had programmed some of the magicks of the temples and wondrous technologies that were all but forgotten. Stannis was inquisitive and intelligent, but no matter how much he had labored to craft the mathematical codes which governed the Builder's constructions he never seemed to know enough to have control. His creations were never for him to use; they were for others to find and employ. It was one of the many traits which drew Caedast the All-seeker to him even as he prayed in the Great Temple. It was why they had bonded as one, kindred beings of a sort who unwittingly complemented each other to a fault. 

But Caedast did not ask on the deceases behalf to Grime, not yet, as it did not dawn on her to do so. She was caught up in her own story, so elated at being back to her home that she didn't ask if there was anything left for Stannis to claim as his, too. Instead, she watched and learned, as she was wont to do, gleaning, waiting, hoping. 

Viltia tilted her head, “But what do you mean by ‘the Suva where I work my craft’? I don’t work at a Suva, just a normal protosteel forge. Do you mean the Elemental Suva where I input all my Kanohi?

"No, Toa Viltia, Star-child," Stannis interjected at last with a subtle shake of his head. "I believe Grime means the Suva dedicated to the vocation pursued by forgers and smiths before you. Dume's shrine."

@Kal the Guardian

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Kumu Peninsula 

"And I haven't used one of these Suva things," Whisper chimed in, "So what do I do with my Codex?"

@Unreliable Narrator

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Marrow - The Wastes

A flash of light caught the corner of Marrow's eye, and he turned back towards the Alpha to see a sheen of shining ice slicing across the ground from where they stood, gouging at the glorious green that Marrow had grown. Twisted slabs of stone and ice erupted from the ground as the attack reached him, tearing and tangling in the living green that cloaked him, stabbing and shattering against his scales as he continued stomping forwards, bringing forth bright beads of blood as they nicked his shins and ankles.

The pain, minor though it was, took him entirely by surprise.

This pitiful thing had actually hurt him?

A roar announced the Alpha's next attack as it bounded towards him again, a fleeting flea filled with fruitless fury. It was so small and sad. Marrow couldn't comprehend why it was trying to fight him. Didn't it know it was bad? Marrow knew he was good. He was green, and green was good. 

He raised his arms towards his tiny attacker as it made its final leap towards his face. Bark and branches formed around and outward from his form like massive mitts to both extend his reach and protect his flesh as he brought his hands crashing together on his approaching foe, intent on splattering the Alpha to paste between his palms.

@Sparticus147

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Grime | Kumu Peninsula

The thought of such a primitive forge made Grime giggle, but if the toa made kanoka and masks with a rudimentary forge what could she forge with real tools?

He seemed mildly taken aback by Stannis' interjection. Pursing his lips as one does when trying not to agree or disagree, Grime replied;

"I believe those would be one and the same, aren't they? A suva serves many purposes. Viltia, a suva is not just for storing the tools of a toa: it is for prayer and creation. Your codex is like a key, a registration of your right to create.

"I'm unsure about a Codex of Absolution exactly. I have never seen one used before. I imagine a codex of such importance would be best used at a location of great faith. Do you all know of such a place?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Gecko Greavesy, @Crimson Jester, @EmperorWhenua

  • Like 1

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

So the beast sought to crush him between its hands, to trap them within its grasp, how simple, how...predictable. Within their darkened Heartlight cavity, a serpent of a worm gnawed at them and their mind in warning of the attempt at capture, but Taua didn’t need the warning, as he was hoping for a chance like this.

The silver of his maulaxe shifted to envelope his greatshield, the yawning Tahtorak maw of the shield now shining in silver as they positioned it in between the two palms as the great force of the crushing palms collided with it. What the monster before Taua probably expected was the pleasant sound of crunching bones and bent metal. What it didn’t expect was for the flea to grow greatly in size as it now stood a third of the Tahtorak’s size, around one hundred feet. And then, compounding the sudden confusion of its prey becoming a third its size, a burst of gravity surged in between them, if not moving the creature then at least sending Taua back away from the beast as they soon readied themselves for further attacks, a harsh cough leaving their throat as their body ached from the crushing force, numerous, though minor and shallow cuts from where the bark and thorns had rubbed against him. Thankfully no bones seemed to be broken...yet.

Laughing with overlapping voices, they focused their gaze on the riteborn as they spoke in one voice. “Now that was close. Nearly [Won/Lost].”

Taua expected any attack from the thing to be forceful, but they weren't expecting that attack to be so forceful as it nearly forced them over the edge and caused them to release all of the energy they had build-up from the blow. Though they would have loved to see the look on the thing's face when it is subjected to the same force it just inflicted, but amplified by a good degree, they didn’t expect themselves to endure such a blast.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @NorikSigma @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Sparticus147
Added Taua actually taking harm from the attack
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whisper, Korruhn, Stannis, Caedast, Grime, Miserix, Life creation Muaka

 

Prayer and creation…” Viltia mumbled to herself. Suvas weren’t just about holding stuff? She felt so ignorant. She had so much to learn! Hopefully the key would be her second step, Grime seemed to be her first.

Grime asked about a location of great faith and she shook her head no. She spoke up, squirming as she did so. Her emotions were plain to all before her as her tethers squirmed with her, she was dying to ask way more but was holding herself back, “What do you mean by faith and prayer? I never prayed even when we were all in Mata-Nui. If it’s not too much to ask, could you tell us of your faith and what it means to have faith on this island?

 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Crimson Jester @Gecko Greavesy @EmperorWhenua

  • Like 4

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Niidak (Near Metru-Koro)

"I was on my way to Ko-Pou when I got distracted. Was headed to Kini-Koro through the portal, though it seems like there's a storm in the valley."

Ominous thunder echoed in the distance. The earth rumbled.

"I'm sure it'll pass soon though. What about you?"

@Gecko Greavesy

  • Like 3

still alive somehow

BZRPG profiles

Six Kingdoms profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Metru-Koro

"I'm heading back to Kini-Koro as well," she said. "I need to have a chat with a ghost. I could give you a lift if you wanted?"

@Daniel the Finlander

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Marrow - The Wastes

Marrow had expected to hear the satisfying squelch of his attacker being squished.

What he got instead was infinitely more sickening. 

As he was buffeted backwards by the sudden growth of his opponent and subsequent swell of gravitic energy, Marrow finally had an opportunity to truly see the foe he faced. At its new size he could take in every awful, disgusting detail. Skakdi. The word swam to the surface his subconscious, the once-forgotten name for those he hated so heatedly. It looked like one of them... but wrong. It had deformed arms, and too many eyes, and the colours... Hideous!

It was the colours of death: barren browns, ashen blacks, and bleached whites. 

He'd made the skakdi grow, just like a plant, but it hadn't become green.

That meant there was no goodness in it.

He had to make it green.

Marrow opened his jaws wide and belched a colossal, cloying cloud of grass seeds down at the Skakdi's face, hoping to blind its eyes and choke its throat. That would turn it green. Whether the seeds crept into the cracks in the Skakdi's armour, settled against its skin, or flowed down its throat, he knew they would take root and grow. Everything grew around him. 

@Sparticus147

  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

Readying for the Tahtorak to charge at him, shifting their spare hand to hold onto their greatshield, they were surprised when the thing let loose a spray of seeds at them. Instinctively, they raised up their shield, with the majority of the seeds spraying onto the slab instead, but still, some of the seeds landed onto their chest and face. For a moment, they were curious what the purpose of such an attack was, that was when they felt the seeds that landed on them began to rapidly grow and take root into their skin and flesh, some of the seeds even growing to cover up their eye sockets in their closed helm.

Blindly letting loose an intense beam of frost blue lasers out of two of their optics, them continuing to glow for a brief moment. Frantically, they began to pull at the foliage with their spare hand while they focused upon their power of mind reading, taking a few steps back to grant them needed distance to remove the majority of the plants and to at least clean out the helmet.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian @NorikSigma

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Niidak (Near Metru-Koro)

Considering Sidra had somehow acquired a giant mech and hunted down Untethered, Niidak wasn't particularly bewildered when she said she'd talk to a ghost. "Thanks, but I've got my own ride. Though it hasn't proven to be reliable, so if it breaks down again I could use a lift. Anyhow, let's get going."

She pushed the pedal to the metal and drove off westwards towards the outpost. As she approached, she could see that it was even emptier than before, with only a skeleton garrison guarding the outskirts. Where had they all gone?

Once she got close enough to the outpost, she spotted a nearby guard and drove up to them. "Hey there, do you happen to know where Captain Bronk is? I have urgent news for him."

@Sparticus147 @Gecko Greavesy

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 2

still alive somehow

BZRPG profiles

Six Kingdoms profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Approaching Ko-Pou

"Well, I meant I could just teleport us there..." but Niidak was already driving off. 

Sighing, Sidra shadow travelled back up to the cockpit and powered up Wairuha again, following Niidak towards the outpost.

@Daniel the Finlander

____________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Marrow - The Wastes

Marrow didn't offer his challenger a chance to recover.

As the Skakdi stepped backwards to put some more distance between them, Marrow summoned coiling roots to snag its ankles. At the same time, the branches that he'd grown around his hands in his earlier attack redistributed themselves into a single 80-foot tall tree that he raised in his right hand and brought down like a club at the Skakdi's head. 

@Sparticus147

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

Korruhn again found himself with the stone in his hand, his eyes fixed on it as he slowly shifted it around between his thumb and fingers. He could certainly feel the grooves in it, but they were far too small, and mostly incomplete, and thus interpreting them was off the table. Yet still, he studied it as he did any other artifact, while his ears absorbed all the information Grime seemed suddenly so eager to spill. Korruhn was more than a bit miffed that, after all he'd done to help Grime, he chose to wait until others were around to drink from his fountain of knowledge. Whatever. If things went the way they normally did, Korruhn would be far away from these strangers soon enough. And if not, perhaps they had something he could make use of in his upcoming plans.

The void-touched remained quiet for the most part, choosing to receive more than he revealed. Viltia seemed friendly enough; but the other Aspect rubbed Korruhn the wrong way. Perhaps it was because they hadn't yet spoke, but there was nothing Korruhn could do about that. He'd been away from civilization for a near-immeasurable amount of time; a conversation with a stranger felt like a foreign concept at this point. 

In Korruhn's observational state, one moment in particular from the last few moments stood out. When Stannis first arrived, he rightly noticed that Whisper and Vilta had been given keys. And yet, he gave pause when he saw Korruhn, momentarily surprised, and adjusted his number. Fascinating, as one would say.

"And what do you know of this one, Stannis?" Korruhn interjected, holding the stone up in front of him. "You've seen this one before, haven't you?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Unreliable Narrator @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Untitledbzp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Crimson Jester said:

In Korruhn's observational state, one moment in particular from the last few moments stood out. When Stannis first arrived, he rightly noticed that Whisper and Vilta had been given keys. And yet, he gave pause when he saw Korruhn, momentarily surprised, and adjusted his number. Fascinating, as one would say.

"And what do you know of this one, Stannis?" Korruhn interjected, holding the stone up in front of him. "You've seen this one before, haven't you?"

IC Stannis | Kumu

"I have," Stannis intoned with a nod. "It's a Makoki stone. Like all keys, it is used to open a door but this key is not complete yet--it's just a portion of a whole. You and Leklo do like going through portals, don't you?"

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

"I would consider myself experienced with portals, whether I like them or not," Korruhn replied. "But what exactly is a Makoki stone?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

  • Like 2

Untitledbzp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

Korruhn rolled his eyes. Clearly Stannis was going to be, well... Stannis.

“Alright. How many pieces are there? And who has the others?”

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

  • Like 1

Untitledbzp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Stannis | Kumu

The wizard thought about Korruhn's questions and his face knotted slightly with concern. But it was not a question of sharing the knowledge he knew about the Makoki stones that made him introspective, rather the possible pathways different answers would send Korruhn on. The Void-touched toa was a proton torpedo and a determined adventurer at once, and he held the power to sway other people one way or another with his own affinities and the ones the Aspect in him would grant. Miserix was a potent enemy. Caedast wondered if she already knew about the Makoki stones and if there was any point in disguising the truth. 

"Six pieces," he said at last. "Combined they assemble into a sphere puzzle that opens the portal. It's not clear what's on the other side, but it undoubtedly will summon Tren Krom to this world again to exact whatever it would be that he does. Three have been found so far, yours included, and while I'm not sure who has the other pieces some are in the Far Shore—that is where at least one such relic was retrieved from, and presumably more. 

"You have a particular closeness to the Far Shore," Stannis said, leveling his attentive silver eyes on his comrade then. "So much so that you can smell its strange entropy on me right now and enter its warp at any time. The Void has gifted you many things, some dubious, others less so. What do you know about it?"

  • Like 2

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

Wretched weeds, daring to interrupt their fight. Taua could feel them digging into their skin, and though a minor nuisance, the accursed plants were still a nuisance nonetheless. Stepping back, they could easily read the beast’s mind and sense what the creature before them was attempting, with Taua guessing it was hoping to trip them up if not outright immobilize them. Not wanting to be caught flat on the ground, they halted their retreat just as the roots took hold of them, planting them in place.

Continuing to read what it's follow up was going to be, the Kaita grinned at what they read. Though Taua would have wanted to release their stored up energy in another way, they figured that this could do as well. With the tree coming down upon their head, the helm encapsulating their skull shifted into silver as a vibration of energy washed across their form as they brought their horned helm to bear against the attack. As the tree made contact with the silvered helm, it shattered and split into two as contact was made, almost like if Marrow had brought the tree down onto an axe blade. And though Taua was still rattled by the attack, they grinned as they looked back up, though admitted now twenty feet smaller than they were.

Raising up their shield to bare against the riteborn’s face, it being shown the roaring Tahtorak maw on it, the skull-like visage opened its maw and unleashed a blizzard of frigid air and ice at the Tahtorak’s face as frost began to be channeled through the Kaita’s boots as well, the weeds and roots becoming frost colored and shattering as ice spikes extended from them, with the freed Kaita taking another step forwards to unleash yet another wave of ice spikes at the monster before them, ready to continue creating distance.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian @NorikSigma

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Marrow - The Wastes

The Skakdi was... sharp?

That made no sense.

Before he could make sense of what was seeing, the Skakdi's snarling shield unleashed a blast of ice at Marrow's face, forcing him to move the remnants of his makeshift tree-club down into its path to protect himself. He channeled his power through the weapon to make it blossom and blood, reforming it more swiftly than the ice could destroy it. 

In the same moment, he felt the roots he'd summoned around the Skakdi's legs abruptly writhe and die, and glanced down to see fresh spikes of ice beginning to spear towards him as the Skakdi stepped forward, seemingly intent on pushing him back. 

Marrow didn't let himself get driven back. He leaped to meet his foe. 

Taking the tree in both hands, he launched himself forward off the ground, over the ice, throwing all of his gargantuan weight and strength directly down onto his opponent's shield - with the tree taking the initial brunt of the blow just in case the shield could get sharp, too - to smash the Skakdi asunder beneath him.

@Sparticus147

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

The old wizard pursed his lips slightly before his reply, a brief moment of hesitation, but one nonetheless. He knew more than he was letting on. In fact, he may even know who had the other two. Interesting. He asked of the Far Shore, and Korruhn's attunement to it. He was right, the void-touched Toa had caught the familiar scent of wet death that seemed to permeate the whole of the shore and those who entered it. It hung onto him like rain after a storm.

"If that's the case, then I'm your best shot at getting the other three," Korruhn surmised. He placed the stone in his pocket, and leaned toward Stannis, putting his weight on the staff he took from the dead Rahkshi.

"It is a time out of time. Between the threads that hold the universe together. It ebbs and flows with the world, but it is not the world. Or is it?" Korruhn smirked. "Those I bring from the Far Shore do not originate there, although they exist there now. They crave life, life through consumption. Through balance. Who created it? Who knows. Maybe it's always been there; maybe not. If you want to know more of the Far Shore, you need to speak to Nuju the Perjurer. But have fun with that. He has his own ideas."

"Who exactly is Tren Krom? If these stones summon him, that could work. I've been looking to have words with him."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Eyru

 

  • Like 2

Untitledbzp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

Of the two Matoran, Ollem reacted first. He was looking indoors when Sorilax … walked into the room. It … the strangers movements hurt his eyes, but maybe it was the bright lights of Mi-Kiri blinding the Onu-Matoran. Regardless, a stranger suddenly just … appearing among them, with a reptilian face and a back of spikes? Ollem gasped out and vanished, and ducking away with his invisibility to protect him.

Mahrika heated Ollem gasp, and was already turning when the stranger spoke up. Tightly she gripped her Flame Sword, but resisted the urge to ignite it for now. Still she brandished the blade, and fear the plates and pistons of her arms shift, growing denser and stronger. Her balance adjusted for the weight and size blade, even as her eyes began to adapt back to their normal abilities. She has little need to see far now, so her body allocated the resources. 

As his words dawned on her,  her optics narrowed. The Desecrated Ga-Matoran kept her blade at the ready and asked, “Who are you? How … you said you are lost? How could you get so lost to end up kios in the sky?” Was this strange reptilian connected to that Vahki thing she saw?

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka Avatar by @Harvali and edited by @Kal the Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Aqua Sphere, Giant Tower, Top Penthouse

With - Mahrika, Ollem, Kas

 

The Matoran’s question brought Sorilax from his incredulity as her body shifted in the light. The other Matoran had disappeared somehow. He focused upon the one he could see. The one that had stepped back inside the room from the balcony. His many millennia of studying life gave him insights even into beings he had not studied extensively yet, and she was… pathetic. Sorilax’s soul yearned to rejuvenate her. She looked worn down and malnourished and as if she had been that way for a few thousand years at least. Sorilax studied her body, trying to see if there was some cause other than prolonged lack of decent nutrition that he might be able to help with.

Actually, she was holding her large sword fairly well. Perfectly balanced, if he had to guess, which he had to because he was no swordsman. Sorilax studied her form with an even greater scrutiny. Had her optics just shifted? And before, had that not just been a trick of the light when he saw her body shift? Sorilax thought through possibilities and was suddenly suspicious of a Kraata of Adaption being in play as he narrowed things down in his mind. Although he could not see such a Kraata adorning her neck, that did not mean she could not have one elsewhere on her. Or in her, he supposed.

Best to be cautious, then. No need to reveal more than was needed in front of another Aspect or Aspect proxy. He replied in order of the questions, “Greetings, and apologies for the intrusion. I am Sorilax, an Aspect. I am not lost in location so much as in time. Either forward or backwards, I am not sure, though I suspect backwards. It was just past noon when I was outside the room, yet when I stepped in, suddenly the sun shifted back to early morning and you three appeared quite unexpectedly.

His left hand stroked where the chin would be on his Rahkshi had the head not ended with the upper mouth piece, “I had heard from my friends that this phenomenon was happening when others left and returned to their village. Sometimes days or weeks would happen on either end, only for the other side to have a single day transpire. Time seems to be falling apart on Zakaz just as quickly as this island is disappearing.

Sorilax shook his Rahkshi head in thought, then refocused, “But that is a problem for later. Currently I am scouring this Aqua Sphere in search of something I suspect is here that will help me on my way to achieving my Grand Wish. Unfortunately, that is all I have to go off of, a feeling that I will find what I need here. I know not what I am looking for, nor where exactly I should search.

He looked around the room and then back at the Ga-Matoran with the sword, “I really did not mean to intrude. I simply came up here for the view, to see if I could spot anything important looking below. Would you prefer if I left?

 

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran relaxed a bit, “Time is … changing?” Could Tuakana be that far into their Great Work that time was beginning to lose its meaning? Then … would Vokarda… 

W-wait,” she startled, nearly dropping her blade, before reaffirming her grip on it, “The island is vanishing?” That … that not was the goal of Tuakana, it couldn’t be. The island, if it vanished, then Vokarda would have nowhere to live. She … she could not come back. This was not her Brother’s work, thus was something else.

Mahrika felt Vokarda prod her neck towards the sky, and she glanced up. The sky, where Ollem tracked the Red Star. She heaved her sword onto her shoulder. That strands list, it started with a Tahtarok being awoken. That was the beast that destroyed the Rig. It … it might be related.

She needed to know more. And two Aspects could accomplish what two Matoran could not. She stared back at the Aspect and said shakily, “You do not need to leave, Sorilax. It … it would be good to have others here. There are strange machines about, I know little little about them, so a being like you would be … at least more familiar. We came here because this Toa claims the Admin of the ruins actually resides here. That the ruins they just project their mind into. It’s possible you and us could work together, depending on things.

She continued, “I ... uncovered something in a Suva possibly related to the island vanishing. I don’t know. But I need to know something before I tell you. My allies are not from Zakaz, they do not know of the Tricksters here. But I am from this land, last of m-my tribe. I know your breed are compelled to complete a Great Work that would change the world. What is the Great Work you seek to accomplish?Are you a threat to Tuakana and our goals.

Then to Tuakana she telepathically reached out, “An Aspect known as Sorilax is here, he claims the island is vanishing, and that time had become unstable. He is here to accomplish his Great Work. Do you know him? Is he trustworthy?

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka Avatar by @Harvali and edited by @Kal the Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Ulkarr (Kini-Koro) - A Shadow Across the Land

As the evacuation continued, Ulkarr maneuvered himself closer to Komisti, and tried to answer his previous question - which he was much too busy to answer earlier, at least in his mind - in traditional Ulkarr fashion. "These creatures of unusual size are most likely the creations of the Warskaks. In the past, they would journey to the volcano at Zakaz’s heart, which they know as Irnakk’s Tooth, to use the power of that place to bring about these creatures to destroy each other. I had thought they had long since abandoned such... recklessness."

He returned to glaring at the Zivon in the distance. "We must go to the volcano. I fear they will continue to summon more, until they again rule supreme over this wasteland."

@Harvali@Sparticus147

 

IC: Enra, Obedient and Impressionable (Tobduk-Koro, Radio Tower) - Not Safe for Broadcast

"You mean, go to the Aqua Sphere? But that - wait a minute, is this thing still..." Enra realized that yes, it was still on. "Uh, ignore that. For now." She then pressed the button to turn the microphone until they got their collective heads together.

"Information on the Aqua Sphere is minimal."

"We know the water has the capability to reverse aging of organic material-"

"Unscientific hearsay, nothing more. Knowledge of Tahtorak biology and behavioural patterns is inaccessible, as we are out of range of the Vahki Hive network."

"Shall I specify Skakdi Enra to begin communication with Ko-Pou, Akiri?"

"All things considered, I believe one of us should-"

"Oi! Don’t talk about me like I’m not even-" Enra cut herself off with a shiver, and rubbing her arms together to generate heat. "Brrrrrr... it... it a little chilly for anyone else in here?

@Harvali@Sparticus147@BULiK

 

IC: Gnabol (Kini-Koro, Gnabol’s Hut) - Father of Seven

Thank the... well, thank no one, to be honest. Gods were either non-existent or useless. But they were safe. Screaming their tiny heads off, but safe nonetheless. Very little of the poison had gotten inside, having slipped through the open windows, but nowhere near the makeshift cots he made for them.

As he stopped to catch his breath, hands on his knees, Gnabol then realized his next obstacle - not only was he exhausted and poisoned, a bad combination, but there was no way for him to carry them all at once by himself, without getting them coming into contact with the same green death he was coated in.

"No... no, nonono..." He had come all this way, just to die in front of them. And they would still be in an almost empty village, in the shadow of creatures that could squash them like bugs...

Gnabol felt his legs give out from under him. His arms caught him before his face made contact with the floor, just in time for him to cough up silver all over the floor. Instinctively, he used his psionic telekinesis to bring a stool towards him for support, pulling himself back to his feet. He had never really believed in the traditions of his people… but he would at least die with dignity. Well, as dignified as he could be, under the circumstances-

He used his psionic telekinesis to bring a stool towards him.

Psionic telekinesis to bring a stool.

Psionic telekinesis.

Telekinesis.

He raised both arms - and all seven of his children began to float in the air.

 

IC: Klawne (Ko-Pou Shelter) - No Hard Feelings?

"I’ll stay here and continue to look after you lot then, if that’s alright." Klawne said to Nixie and the others. "You’re, uh... not still mad about earlier, are you? I may have treated you a litte, erm... like children, if I'm honest."

@Vezok's Friend@Onaku@Harvali@Tarn@Snelly

 

IC: Reckless, Lawful and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) - Sibling Rivalry

"Excellent work. You may have doomed us all."

"We have no time for meaningless complex calculations. Matoran Avka has acted-"

"Of course. You would require a processor in order to perform calculations - wait. My sensors detect a sudden drop in temperature."

"A hypothesis: this stone represents the element of ice."

"You are a supercomputer, 21. How ever would we manage without you?"

"Poorly."

"YOU TWO, BE QUIET!"

@Harvali

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 1

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Aqua Sphere, Giant Tower, Top Penthouse

With - Mahrika, Ollem, Kas

 

Sorilax waited until the Ga-Matoran had finished speaking, then answered her in order of her statements.

It would seem so, that time is indeed changing. Though I know not whether for better or for worse. It seems to be unraveling uncontrollably more so than under the influence of someone.

The island does indeed seem to be vanishing, that is correct. Based on my previous observations, it is not merely erosion that is affecting the land. Large chunks are simply gone. And that does not even begin to explain how the island is also smaller.

But thank you for welcoming me and inviting me to stay. I too know not of these machines of which you speak. Perhaps I saw some earlier, however. They were not like any other form of life I have seen before. I saw them only from a distance and I avoided them as I did not wish to discover if they would be hostile towards myself or not, so I do not have much to share about them, other than that they can switch from walking on two to four feet.

This time a golden hardlight hand formed to scratch at his Rahkhi’s chin, “This Admin you talk of, though. I cannot remember if I have heard their name before. And I know nothing of this projection of which you speak, unless it functions like Aspect possession, perhaps. However, I would be willing to aid you should you need support. While I do fear that time might be drawing short and I must quickly be on my way to accomplishing my Grand Wish, I am always willing to offer help where it is needed.

Sorilax was intrigued to hear she had uncovered something that could even remotely be construed to the island vanishing. Was this not some unforeseen disaster?

And then her question about his Grand Wish. Was she really Desecrated or an Aspect and this was her trying to subvert or derail his progress? As he had for many millennia around his brothers and sisters, he needed to trod with a light step.

I am the Aspect of Life. Specifically the creation and sustaining of it. My Grand Wish will hopefully allow me to make Zakaz less of a desolate and mutated wasteland.

Despite the yearning to tell the others there all he knew of Aspects and the species’ dangers so that they might be protected going forward, he could not chance another Aspect putting two and two together and realizing his Grand Wish would change all Aspects going forward and then trying to stop him.
 

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Exuze, Zakaz Airspace, East of Metru-Nui

Exuze shrugged with disdain as the time traveler dodged his question. Maybe he still was a hero, but she knew that if she told him that he was a hero, he would get too overconfident and less heroic, this dooming this timeline due to chaos theory. Entirely plausible.

The silence in the cabin caused the anxiety to spike in the no-longer-distracted Exuze as the lesterin noticed that Tuyet was flying straight into the biggest storm he'd ever seen.

Y'know, the one that appeared to be getting even bigger.

"Miss... is it safe to fly in there?"

IC: Knichou, Southwest of Kini-Nui, Bridge of the Taku

"If I hadn't said anything, you lot would have gone on forever," Nale replied, shrugging. "When we're done here we'll discuss this more. Like you said: we have a village to save."

As if the universe itself needed a reminder of the volatility of the situation, things immediately got worse. The drumming of waves of raindrops intensified throughout the airship.

"And we're far from done here. Wasn't the sky just clearing up?"

Knichou swiveled his chair back forwards to see what his audio receptors already revealed. The storm was worsening, and fast. On its face, this was just a return to the status quo of the recent past, but in that recent past, the Taku was distinctly more intact. No longer just assaulting all of those at battle stations with an open window nearby, the deluge utterly soaked areas near the stern that were left utterly exposed due to Nektann's attack. From the Taku's rearward list, small streams formed as water that found itself inside the airship flowed down the slight incline to trickle out the stern like a miniature waterfall. If it wasn't for the storm surrounding the entire affair, it might have even been beautiful.

The turbulence was sharp and constant as the storm woke up again. The winds pushed the Taku around, no matter how hard Berys tried to correct the course. The lowered levitation power made it even harder to prevent the ship from feeling like it was bouncing on the clouds around them as wind currents shifted. It didn't help that visibility was nigh-nonexistent. Berys once more focused primarily on the ship's instruments, as they were the only way to have the slightest indication of what was going on.

In the stern, there was a sickening groaning of metal and yelp of electricity as sparks flew out near the starboard main engine. Throughout the airship, the lights illuminating the decks flickered for a brief moment. When they returned a split-second later, yet another icon on the dashboard was displayed red. Just a scratch, just a scratch, just a scratch...

A distinctive voice ringing out over the radio snapped Knichou back into focus.

<< Knichou! There's another riteborn! Get Kilo or Atamai over here... NOW! >>

"What? How could? That's some Kane-Ra -"

<< Bossman, can we cease to cease fire already? >>

He pressed a button to respond to Rose over the intercom.

"No, keep holding your fire! There's another one at Kini-Koro already, save the ammo for it."

While Knichou doubted that it would be any more effective on this new riteborn, at the very least there would feel like a reason to not shoot besides... shooting being useless. Speaking of, he knew he needed to inform those down below of the new situation. The commander worked the communications panel with both hands to rapidly swap to the Taku's loudspeaker. So many conversations were going on at once, Knichou didn't even notice the Vahki entering the bridge.

"NUVA! ANOTHER RITEBORN AT KINI-KORO, I SAY AGAIN, ANOTHER RITEBORN AT KINI-KORO."

The commander hoped it could even still be heard over the storm. Meanwhile, Berys glanced at a nearby dashboard panel, squinting in confusion as if that would help him separate the signal from the noise.

"Is that... another airship on radar?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 5

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Kas | Bellicus Tower, Mi-Kiri

The toa of fire shook himself from the shock of the creature self-introduced as Sorilax. Kas didn’t realize he’d picked up one of the firearms from the table and placed its cool stock against his shoulder until, blinking, he realized the iron sights were aimed just above the creature’s chest and there was an electric hum in the air. 

He thought about the last time he’d held a firearm. Airships were locked in brutal combat and orbital bombardment, the elements were bent in single-minded destruction by a multitude of toa. The bio-sphere of Mi-Kiri was breaking, and Laryna’s treachery had been revealed. 

After a moment of pause he slowly began lowering the weapon.

“Sorilax. I remember that name. You say you are a being of life and that you’re searching for something? Well, my friend, I am a being of death on the hunt to kill a rogue AI. I am Bellicus Kastus, master of finance to this little tragedy of a place I call home. Call me Kas, and welcome to Mi-Kiri.

“What, exactly, are you searching for?”

Kas had no idea he’d just invited a monologue.

OOC: @Harvali, @Kal the Guardian

 

IC: Grime | Kumu Peninsula

Grime listened to Stannis, Caedast, and Korruhn speak. He was content to absorb the information provided, much like he'd absorbed the free meal from Viltia. 

ooc: @Gecko Greavesy, @Crimson Jester, @EmperorWhenua, @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

The cross-wired Councilor shivered too, the cold … it lingered in the air, almost reminding him of Komisti’s blade. Hopefully … hopefully they were okay in Kini-Koro. Hopefully everyone was okay in that village. They had more Toa and Skakdi with access to the elements, maybe they could endure.

He shook his head of those thoughts and said, “I … I don’t know if we should hang up on Kini-Koro while they face this Tahtarok. Maybe open a second line to reach Ko-Pou, if we can. I … I don’t fully understand the limits Of the radio tower.” He was not the greatest engineer.Though not the worst either.

He turned to the Skakdi, “Enra, if it’s okay, ask Kini-Koro if they want us to clear the line so they can converse solely with the Taku. If so, we will switch to Ko-Pou. But the beast is at Kini-Koro now, we need to p-prioritize them while they are in danger and want our aid.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC “Komisti” - Kini-Koro

The Vortixx stumbled, not just from the weather and poison but the weight of the claim. “This … this thing serves the Skakdi of this land,” they muttered, “the raid on Po-Koro was costly, but they were driven away fairly quickly. Maybe they were … upset at being pushed back.

They shook their head, “You are right, this … they cannot make more of these beasts.” Komisti shuddered like a Muaka after a swim, the poison was being flushed from their gears and pistons by the rain, the sluggishness was less overwhelming.

Komisti stabbed their Kanoka Blade into the ground, freezing a patch of it solid. The monsters of the volcano could wait, it was beyond them. The Vortixx knew that. They would try to freeze and shatter the puddles of poison, as well as trying to freeze the molten landscape back together. They could handle that.

But did they have the luxury of accepting their weakness? Terrible beasts were being unleashed on the island, they needed help.

As they worked they said to Ulkarr, “I do not think I would be of much help on such a mission. But I hear there is a way in this village to gain powerful tools, like elemental weapons and masks. Maybe … maybe I could acquire the resources for us to descend into the volcano that way.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

Her Brother Tuakana had not replied yet, perhaps it was the time distortions. Maybe that’s why they had not responded much until recently. But that he was the Aspect of Life? Her heart began to pound. The stories of her people said that Tricksters might lie, but they had rarely encountered the Tricksters besides driving them off. And if he was not lying…

If you speak truthfully, Sorilax,” she said, carefully, eyeing where Ollem had stood, “Then you share the goals I follow. The Skakdi wiped out my village and tribe, millennia ago. I would … I would see them brought back.” She paused closing her eyes tight, “I … I do not want the Skakdi killed for it though. Not anymore. When I saw their bodies floating lifelessly in the ocean, after the Taktorak destroyed their city … their limp corpses, they were too f-familiar.” She shivered.

Mahrika cleared her throat, shaking her head as Vokarda massaged her spine to calm her. She continued, “On our island vanishing, I have a possible clue. In the Suva of Fire I uncovered a handwritten list of tasks. First, ‘release the Tahtarok, Zivon, and Kanohi Dragon upon Tren-Nui.’ That was the term this land was called before the Skakdi conquered us. Next, retrieve the Staff of Artakha from the Great Spirit of Nightmares. Replenish the Krom Sphere by walking the Mangaia. Assemble the Makoki Stone in Kini-Koro, which is made of six shards. And finally, look through the Great Telescope and record the position of the Red Star.

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran continued, “At least one Tahtorak has been unleashed on the island recently. I … I do not know if that is the reason the island is vanishing, but to want to unleash three terrible beasts on our dying island, I cannot imagine that is the plan of someone who cares if the island is d-destroyed.

She did not mention the other detail, that a sword capable of slaying Aspects had been left at the Suva too. That was in the safe hands of Tuakana, and she did not think it should be repeated to an Aspect. Just in case he was lying.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

IC Kardaka - Ko-Pou

The Turaga of Stone paused as Klawne spoke, and her eyes unfocused. Something was wrong. There was … there was a coldness in the air, and a salty smell around them. Kardaka leaned on her Badge of Office, closing her optics as she listened. She knew these sensations. She should not be hearing them now, not this far inland.

Kardaka cleared her throat, and looked towards the Toa who had been willing to give up his power. She trusted him more than most, and she said quietly. “Okuo, I think something has happened to this village. I believe the sea is closer to us now. More of the island has vanished.

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

IC Minion Avka - Ruins of Stone

The Av-Matoran leaned back, admitting, “I … I cannot believe … I … Maybe … maybe there is something to the stories of the circle. I tried to recount the story of a lowly Vortixx that was a tiny bit of help freezing the quagmire of Po-Koro, to prevent it from collapsing. I … I suppose that story did have power.

But they were just a Vortixx, a conniving greedy merchant. But … their story had power? These ruins, this Matoran ruin responded to it? That … it … it didn’t make sense. Why wasn’t one of the stones like the Toa who saved the villagers? Or even the Vahki? Why respond to the tale of a lowly Vortixx?

They … Avka might need to learn more about this Vortixx. Maybe they hacked the ruin or something. That must have been the cause. Right?

OOC: @Toru Nui

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka Avatar by @Harvali and edited by @Kal the Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Aqua Sphere, Giant Tower, Top Penthouse

With - Mahrika, Ollem, Kas

 

You remember my name? Hummm…” Sorilax thought hard, forgotten memories trying to surface but clogged by the choking fog in his mind. Mi-Kiri sounded so familiar. “Well, my memories have been tampered with and I cannot recall much of anything before the arrival of the Skakdi, just vague feelings. So I know not what an AI is. But that is beside the point. Well met, Kas of Mi-Kiri, master of finance and bringer of death. Thank you for your salutations.

Sorilax paused before continuing. He did not want to reveal too much before the Ga-Matoran. Then again, he did not know too much about what he was looking for in the first place. “As for what I am searching for, as I said, I know not for certain. All I know is that I must figure out how to create life without utilizing Taboos. This Aqua Sphere, Mi-Kiri, as you say, used to rain water down on Zakaz below for thousands of years. Everything the rain touched de-aged and reverted to its early existence. I feel that unique property hints at even more secrets being hidden up here and that I might be able to find something to fulfill my next step among them.

Sorilax paused again and the Matoran with the sword spoke up. He listened and considered, then replied.

I know not if I would be able to bring back those lost. Perhaps in tandem with an Aspect of Spirit, Soul, or Time. I will not know for sure until I have achieved my Grand Wish.

As Mahrika spoke of the list and its possible tie in to the island vanishing, a horrible realization came over him. That list, it sounded far too familiar. He conjured a golden hardlight chair and sat down, trying to think of some other possibility. But no, he knew he was right. He had interviewed enough Aspects to recognize the steps of a Grand Wish when he heard them.

Sorilax was not sure about the riteborn, but Artakha, Sala had said that was a legendary being of Creation. The Krom Sphere sounded very important, and Mangaia… for some reason the name reminded of the doorway that had almost killed him. The Krom Sphere must be an object of great power that took great risk to fill. And the Makoki Stone, it represented validating reality and a pathway to Tren Krom himself if Nuju were to be believed. And viewing the Red Star as a final step? It sounded like this Aspect created something for itself, powered it, made it real, and then charted a destination.

Sorilax knew of only one being that could fit that description: Mata-Nui. He had ridden the stars with his own universe inside him, powered by what had to be the Krom Sphere. What had gone wrong to cause him to come crashing down?

Sorilax looked to the Ga-Matoran, “I fear that that list has no relation to the disappearance of the island and that we are no closer to solving how to fix it. Hopefully I am wrong. But what I do know is the steps of a Grand Wish when I hear them. And it is my guess that that Grand Wish has already been completed. I believe that is the Grand Wish of Mata-Nui, the Great Spirit whose head now sinks off the western coast. I have been told that he is a Great Spirit of Death, which would make him my rival were he not a being far above my current physical state and so impossible to currently fight against.

Sorilax stood, hardlight chair disappearing. Suddenly everything felt much more urgent to accomplish. “I believe it would do us well to continue on in our quests, both to kill this AI device and learn the secrets of this place. How can I be of assistance?

 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Harvali

 

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whisper, Korruhn, Stannis, Caedast, Grime, Miserix, Life creation Muaka

 

Viltia hadn’t stopped looking at Grime. Eventually she couldn’t take it any more and spoke again, “Is- is that a no? I apologize if that question was rude.
 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Crimson Jester @EmperorWhenua @Gecko Greavesy

  • Like 3

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

"You know what, Oreius?" Parnassus said, making their way to the back of the airship. "I certainly hope that I do have a plan."

With that, they activated the gangplank, opening up landing ramp just a crack -- just enough for them to crawl out and onto the body of the Alp. The winds whipped at them and the torrents of rain rang against their hollow chest, but they were not sent flying. Tendrils and serpents of shadow kept Parnassus clinging to the airship -- and then those same penumbral limbs slowly dragged their creator up, inch by inexorable inch, to the top of the craft. 

Slowly, Parnassus stood, their shades still braced against the metal hull.

They stared into the eye -- or, rather, the face of the storm -- and they opened their own eye, their third eye which had been given by Caedast, to it. They saw rich soil and clear water, the greenery of the south of Xa.

So, the beast wanted peace, then?

"NEKTANN!" Parnassus cried out, their voice tiny amongst the tumult. "LOOK TO ME! LOOK TO YOUR CREATOR'S SHADOW!"

OOC: @Toru Nui @Eyru @EmperorWhenua

-Void

  • Like 5

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

As the beast leapt forwards to bring down a truly crushing blow, one that would undoubtedly bring Taua to its knees, the very air around them warbled as the frost at the Kaita’s feet wrapped around itself and planted them onto the ground as gravity failed. Though even with Taua’s size and the innate strength given to him from Krrenchk, it wasn’t quite enough to beat back against the three hundred foot tall monster, but in zero-g, even the mightiest blows will lack any force without something to brace yourself on.

Rising up its greatshield, Taua met the Tahtorak’s makeshift club with his shield as he pushed back against it to send them flying away. As contact was made, they attempted to focus the massive aura of zero-g around them into a funnel, one to heightened the force and distance the creature is sent, but their power over gravity seemed to stutter for a brief moment. No matter, they weren’t to be daunted.

Seeing the Tahtorak fly through the air, they worked to predict where it was going to land as the ground beneath the monster’s flight grew into a bed of spikes and jagged rocks, perfect for giving it a rather rough, if not lethal, landing.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @NorikSigma @Kal the Guardian

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Marrow - The Wastes

He was flying.

Why was he flying?

Marrow flailed in floating freefall, flung backwards by forces he couldn't begin to comprehend. He released the club he'd been holding and reached for the ground, a mighty tree rising like a reaching hand to help him, wriggling ropes of vines extending both from the tree and his open hand to close the distance. He held tight and pulled himself down to the left, out of the gravity well, further foliage rising from the sand to cushion his fall as his feet struck solid ground again.

The earth cracked and caved, stones splintering and sand spilling as he made impact.

Marrow's legs buckled, muscles aching from the exertion, but still he stood.

The two trees he'd summoned withered away as he re-absorbed the energy he'd used to make them, putting it to use by summoning an enormous ice tree - a type of plant suited to cold environments, and therefore able to better withstand the Skakdi's frosty attacks - directly between the Skakdi's feet. The ground fractured and fell away as the tree forced its way through the dry earth, its branches attempting to ensnare the Skakdi's ankles and crush them.

@Sparticus147

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

Seeing the creature fly, Taua grinned, only for their twin smiles to twist into a pair of frowns as the creature managed to break its fall. Grimacing, they felt as roots once more began to twist around their legs. Not letting such meager plantlife to take them, their boots turned silver and surged with energy, easily slicing through the roots as they kicked their feet and crushed the plantlife, their size barely decreasing.

Continuing to grimace at the creature, the feeling of the drain was beginning to take hold. Though it was still far off from completely sapping their energy, it was there and present, causing their clock to tick, tick, tick. Beginning to charge forth, their greaves and boots still silver, they leapt upwards, gravity obeying their command now as they went flying into the air high above the Tahtorak, before launching back down towards it through a strong surge of gravity, ready to channel their built up energy through their boots into the beast’s hide and run through it like a bullet.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @NorikSigma @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...