Happy 5th anniversary, Nexo Knights! :)

Lenny7092

Three questions  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, guys! :) You remember Nexo Knights, the theme, right? Well, it is set on a world where medieval and high-tech stuff are mixed, and it is about a team of five knights called the Nexo Knights fighting against three different armies of monsters led by a crazy and evil sorcerer named Monstrox, who seeks to take over the world. The Knights have their mentor, who is a digital hologram form of a wizard named Merlok, called Merlok 2.0 due to him being stuck in technology, give them various magical powers called Nexo Powers by scanning them to be able to defeat the monsters. Anyway, the theme also have a TV show with the same name, which ran from January 11, 2016 to September 1, 2017, with 4 seasons with 10 22-minute episodes each. Each two of the seasons are in one year while they tell a story arc. Plus, there is an app game called Merlok 2.0, where you scan tablets, which are the Nexo Powers, so you can get power-ups in the game. Even though that the theme ran from 2016 to early 2018, the show was supposed to have a fifth season to finish off the story, but it never came to be due to budget issues. Plus, many things in the themes are uneven. Pitiful. :( I like the show. It was very cool and funny, and I love the relationships of some characters, mostly the bromance of two villains, Monstrox and his possessed lackey named Jestro. :) People see that the theme could be connected to another theme called Ninjago because of some things (I dearly hope Nexo Knights is a part of Ninjago’s universe because I want to know all of Ninjago’s 16 realms and Nexo Knights’ story to be finished). The theme was popular and successful for its two years. Plus, since the show came out on January 11, 2016, it is 5 years ago, so happy 5th anniversary, theme! Man, it’s so long ago! :) 

What’s your favorite moment, character, knight, monster, monster army, and story arc? For me, I like the battle of Colossus of Ultimate Destruction, the Monstrox and Jestro moments, Clay having Ruina Stoneheart/Wanda as his mom and Merlok as his uncle (Merlok and Ruina are siblings), and the final battle in Season 2. Monstrox, Jestro, and Axl are my favorite characters, so Axl is my favorite knight. It’s pitiful that Monstrox was being mean and abusive to Jestro, even if Jestro served him. I love the Lava Monster army because they are reasonable. I like the Lava Monster arc the most because things are more reasonable, like using Nexo powers more often. I always believe that Nexo Knights is Ninjago’s technology countparts because of the similarities, like how Hero Factory is to Bionicle (there is a lot of evidence for shared universes). I also remember witnessing a sneak peak of the theme at New York Comic Con in 2015. I got a poster over there because I built a big brick. Lol. :) The characters could use some work, though.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 4 weeks later...

During late 2015, I didn’t pay much attention to Nexo Knights, but when I saw the sets in-person at Legoland California in late December 2015, I was surprised how cool I found them.  Along with a grabbing a few Uniters and Creatures, I decided to pick up Lance’s Mecha Horse.  When I got back to my hotel room, I built it and really liked it.  That night, my brother and I watched the first two episodes on LEGO’s YouTube channel.  I have a lot of nostalgia for that time, and I ended up watching the Nexo Knights TV show over the next 2 years.  I also picked up a decent number of sets and a few polybags.  I can’t believe it’s been 5 years already!

~Daler

Next Knights is a bit weird theme (maybe because of the fact that it’s a mix of Castle and Space), I must admit, but it does have a good charm, like the designs of the vehicles and monsters. Plus, Monstrox and Jestro’s bromance is one of my favorite things about NK. :) I prefer Ninjago and Legends of Chima over NK, to be honest, because they take things more seriously.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I, like many others, thought the first wave was still the best. And mainly because of the lava monsters, the good guy stuff was just okay. What killed the theme was the second wave with the stone monsters. Starting with the weird and unattractive color scheme of the bad guys: Gray, black, light blue and purple are just not nice to look at together, unlike red, dark red, black, and dark brown. The good guy sets where rather forgettable. And overall it was basically the same stuff as last time, but just not as good as before. There are still many sets of this wave in my local toy stores, and still nobody wants to buy them. The third wave was then slightly better, but also rather boring. Although the bad guys' stuff was nothing new, this time the good guy sets were the highlight simply because they were something different and new: a small mech in a big mech, a tracked vehicle, a kind of tank and a aircraft, which was the weakest of the good guys sets in my opinion. When it comes to story, I can't say much, but what I've seen, I can say that the series is rather boring and repetitive. Although the theme has its good sides, all in all I'm glad that it's gone.

Edited by Sailor Wah!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...