Venetraze (original form)

kuhrii

Been a while since I actually tried making an MOC with my sets, and after pulling them out of storage I felt the urge to make something

mD2qRIm.png

I've always wanted to figure out something original to do with the awkward Makuta pod torso, and eventually discovered that I can fit a Nuva chespiece in there. It's not attached at all, the rib claws just kinda hold it in place. 

I wish I had better options for a weapon to give him, instead I just settled for slapping Gavla's... hooks(?) on him instead. In a perfect world I'd construct some sort of staff for him but I don't own any axles that are nearly long enough for that. More wing bits would also be ideal.

I can take more pictures if anyone wants a closer look at any of the specific pieces/connections.

• Like 1

I always felt that the bat-form Makuta didn't have enough wing coverage... I'm inspired by the way you created the shoulder connection, I don't know if I've seen the Inika foot used like that before (usually it's turned around as shoulder armor, rather than the connection point itself). The way you constructed the lower legs is also unique, passing through the Piraka limb to the Metru leg behind. Lots of interesting things going on here, even with the limited pieces at your disposal.

Nice model. The Nuva torso fits perfectly where it is. It excellently captures the aura of the original Vamprah set, and I can easily see this as what the model could have looked like if it were a larger price point (like Icarax-level).

While I do like the Gavla mask, the inclusion of the Kardatoran head is unneeded and it just makes it look like it has a glowing crotch. The Mata blue on the wings sticks out, as does the Bohrok eyes on the feet, to a lesser degree. Overall, a solid model with a few issues that could be streamlined to make it look more unified and deliberate.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!