LEGO Ideas Starts Contest to Pick the Most Popular Theme

2021-01-17_Top_Theme_Fan_Vote_teaser.png
Next year marks the ninetieth anniversary of The LEGO Group, which was first founded in 1932. While I'm sure LEGO will be celebrating in many ways we don't know about yet, they're revealing one of them today. LEGO Ideas is hosting a fan vote to determine the most popular 'classic theme' that will get a single commemorative set in 2022 based on what the fans want. To learn how you can cast your vote, read on or head over to LEGO Ideas!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Me want Bionicle back, so I voted Bionicle (and two other themes). Plus, when they asked for a sub-category, I said “well, action figure category because Bionicle is from there. Plus, Hero Factory (because I always believe that HF is implied to be a part of Bionicle G1’s universe, and it needs some love).” 

I hope this works.

Edited by Lenny7092
Needed some clarifying.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

How isn't this getting more engagement on BZPower? This is the chance the fans have been waiting for for years!

If they bring back a G1 set, would that make LEGO inclined to allow Greg to at least give us some more of the G1 story? 

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I will say that I'm impressed that this list largely consists of 80s and 90s themes that kids these days probably may have never heard of, so whatever theme wins this vote is sure to receive a lot of attention when the new set comes out next year.

I haven't yet gotten around to voting, but one of my three picks will definitely be Bionicle. I'll have to see which ones are available on the other two polls, but the ones I vote for on them will be for themes I'd also be interested in so that, in case if Bionicle doesn't advance, I can still contribute to what might have a better chance of winning.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

17 hours ago, Boidoh said:

How isn't this getting more engagement on BZPower? This is the chance the fans have been waiting for for years!

If they bring back a G1 set, would that make LEGO inclined to allow Greg to at least give us some more of the G1 story? 

Well, two things: 

1. Friend everyone in BZPower and tell them about it. You can go to Reddit and whatever else to get more help. I’m not joking. 

2. I hope for the last part, too. 

In fact, after I voted for Bionicle, here’s what I told everyone: 

“If Bionicle comes back (I voted) and when things go well with it, here’s what I expect Bionicle to do: 
1. Re-continue the 2001-2010 story and give it an ending. Search “How would G1 be re-continued and ended” in Google and click on the link when you see it.
2. Make Hero Factory’s story share the same universe as B’s G1 story. I always believe that because there is nothing contradicting, so yeah. (When I chose Bionicle in this website, I said in this sub-category section: “constraction because it is what Bionicle is. Plus, Hero Factory.”). People are into shared universe these days, like the MCU. 
3. Re-continue HF’s story and give it an ending. Search “How would Hero Factory be re-continued and ended” in Google and click on the link when you see it. 
4. A much more reasonable Bionicle G3 that captures the same feel as G1. 
5. Perhaps with remade old Bionicle sets. It’s kind of like Ninjago’s Legacy sets, but they are action figures. 

I dearly hope they will be redeemed and finished after 10 years of hiatus.” 

and this (someone said these are high expectations, but we can all dream, hope, and pray, and here is a good reason why I said this): 

“There are a lot of stuff that are not redeemed just because Bionicle and Hero Factory are not running or active. I dearly hope that if Bionicle wins and we get a good tribute, maybe that could convince Lego to follow these wishes. It’s to take a small step at a time before you do the bigger ones. We all have Bionicle-related wishes, but we must do small things before we do the big ones. Of course I’m happy that we have the chance (Unity, Duty, Destiny!). I’m sorry that you think I’m hyper, but I’m emotional, and I have been living in emotional darkness without Bionicle (and Hero Factory) for 10 years. I’m just emotional.” 

I dearly hope people understand and help Bionicle (and Hero Factory) about it.
Edited by Lenny7092
Forgot something.

Okay, so I was a little mistaken. I had assumed this poll would work like some of the contests we've done here at BZP in the past, where the entries are divided into separate polls and the winners of each poll would advance to the final poll. Instead, this first vote is the complete list of all thirty options and we're free to choose any three of them we want. So yes, I'm saying this because I just recently submitted my vote. The choices I went with are...

1. Bionicle (obviously)
  2. Classic Space (I wasn't around back in the 80s, and Benny's Spaceship was by far my favorite Lego Movie set, so this one is an easy secondary choice for me.)
  3. Adventurers (Johnny Thunder is an iconic classic minifigure, so it would be nice to see him go on one more adventure.)

By the way, I decided to take a look at some of the entries that have already been submitted (45,000 and counting, and yes, anyone can view them on the Activity page linked in the blog post), and from what I saw in just the most recent hundred, it seems Bionicle might have a strong chance at succeeding. A lot of the entries I saw included Bionicle among the three or two themes listed, and in many cases they voted only for Bionicle (including a continuous streak of 15 entries in a row that were solely for Bionicle). Things are already looking very promising, but lets make sure to keep up the momentum (which I why I now intend to spread word of this to another site where I know there's at least a few other Bionicle fans).

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

26 minutes ago, Chronicler06 said:

Okay, so I was a little mistaken. I had assumed this poll would work like some of the contests we've done here at BZP in the past, where the entries are divided into separate polls and the winners of each poll would advance to the final poll. Instead, this first vote is the complete list of all thirty options and we're free to choose any three of them we want. So yes, I'm saying this because I just recently submitted my vote. The choices I went with are...

1. Bionicle (obviously)
  2. Classic Space (I wasn't around back in the 80s, and Benny's Spaceship was by far my favorite Lego Movie set, so this one is an easy secondary choice for me.)
  3. Adventurers (Johnny Thunder is an iconic classic minifigure, so it would be nice to see him go on one more adventure.)

By the way, I decided to take a look at some of the entries that have already been submitted (45,000 and counting, and yes, anyone can view them on the Activity page linked in the blog post), and from what I saw in just the most recent hundred, it seems Bionicle might have a strong chance at succeeding. A lot of the entries I saw included Bionicle among the three or two themes listed, and in many cases they voted only for Bionicle (including a continuous streak of 15 entries in a row that were solely for Bionicle). Things are already looking very promising, but lets make sure to keep up the momentum (which I why I now intend to spread word of this to another site where I know there's at least a few other Bionicle fans).

Love is my secret weapon to get Bionicle back, but let’s not get our hopes too high. I told everyone from social media stuff to help. Lol. Seriously.

On 1/17/2021 at 4:25 PM, Lenny7092 said:

Me want Bionicle back, so I noticed Bionicle (and two other themes). Plus, when they asked for a sub-category, I said “well, action figure category because Bionicle is from there. Plus, Hero Factory (because I always believe that HF is implied to be a part of Bionicle G1’s universe, and it needs some love).” 

I hope this works.

Good call! 

• Upvote 1

BIONICLE (of course) plus Alpha Team, the only other nomination that I owned as a child.

Special comment made for Mission Deep Freeze, the Alpha Team subtheme I knew as a kid.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

12 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Hi, guys. Look at what I got. :) 

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-ideas-umfrage-zwischenstand/ 

Scroll down until you find the tally. Looks like that Bionicle is winning. :)

Well, would you look at that. We actually have a decent chance!

• Upvote 1
RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

4 hours ago, Laval- Master of Energy said:

Well, would you look at that. We actually have a decent chance!

Yeah. However, the Lego Ideas website has been haters who know nothing about Bionicle, so it’s best to tel them to respect people’s choice. Don’t let them ruin our chance.

On 1/22/2021 at 1:26 PM, Lenny7092 said:

Yeah. However, the Lego Ideas website has been haters who know nothing about Bionicle, so it’s best to tel them to respect people’s choice. Don’t let them ruin our chance.

I am aware of the haters, and am rather worried that several of the people from the other themes that didn't make it will avoid supporting BIONICLE just to spite us.

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

8 hours ago, Laval- Master of Energy said:

I am aware of the haters, and am rather worried that several of the people from the other themes that didn't make it will avoid supporting BIONICLE just to spite us.

Well, I told everyone this: 

“To those who say against Bionicle, it’s unfair. You shouldn’t discourage people from voting people”. 

That’s just plain rude for what they’re doing. It’s probably because some of them don’t think that Bionicle is Lego or what Bionicle is. I told at least one of them about Bionicle, why it’s so good, and the fact that it saved Lego from bankruptcy in 2001.

4 hours ago, TERIDAX941 said:

Well, the votes have been submitted and the polls are closed. May the vote be in our favor everyone!

Next vote will be the 3rd of February where we pick the best of the top 3.

May the Great Spirit bless us with hope for Bionicle to be in the top three.