Tahu Nuva

CZQ

Tahu Nuva

Tahu, spirit of fire, is the oldest of the Toa, having been created when the planet was forming. This hotheaded Toa makes his home in the fiery bowels of the Mangai Volcano, using his incredible balance to surf on lava flows. With his fire sword, Tahu keeps the lava moving towards the ocean, much to the annoyance of his rival, Gali.

Tahu is the fiercest of the six Toa, and is most feared by Mata Nui's inhabitants. The Tohunga have the greatest respect for his powers, knowing the incredible power of fire. They don't see him as a destructive spirit, however. He's revered as a guardian, the provider of fire by which they warm themselves at night and keep the dangers of the darkness away.

More Photos

My first Bionicle set was Nuhvok Kal, as such, my introduction to the Toa was the often-mocked Toa Nuva. For me this image is iconic Bionicle. The Nuva are often talked about as flawed versions of their original counterparts and yet we rarely see remakes of them.

I hope to do the rest of the Nuva as the year goes on. Happy 20th anniversary Bionicle!

Edited by CZQ
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Big chonker.

On a more serious note, you've done a splendid job translating classic Tahu to a more titanic design, right down to adding in a bunch of little mechanical greebles and keeping some of the limb dimensions.  I'm particularly impressed with the mask- I never would've thought of using the Pakari and Adaptive Kakama Nuva like that!

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )