What set(s) should be the holy grail for me?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. I have collected Bionicle’s sets in 2006-2010, all Hero Factory sets, and all Bionicle G2 sets in 2015-2016 (I never got Agil, though, because he wasn’t available in the US). So, here’s my question: 

Which set should I get the most (because 2021 is Bionicle’s 20th anniversary)? For me, well, here are some things: 

1. The Toa Mata 

2. The Toa Nuva 

3. 2003 Makuta 

People keep talking about them, and they’re so tempting.

• Like 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

On 1/18/2021 at 10:16 AM, Lenny7092 said:

Hi, guys. I have collected Bionicle’s sets in 2006-2010, all Hero Factory sets, and all Bionicle G2 sets in 2015-2016 (I never got Agil, though, because he wasn’t available in the US). So, here’s my question: 

Which set should I get the most (because 2021 is Bionicle’s 20th anniversary)? For me, well, here are some things: 

1. The Toa Mata 

2. The Toa Nuva 

3. 2003 Makuta 

People keep talking about them, and they’re so tempting.

The Toa Mata make a great display piece, I usually display either them or the Inika. They usually aren't too hard to acquire, either. That 2003 Makuta is incredible though, it's one of my white whales too!

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnaHFstqCK97bHNwpwztn_Q

Check out my YouTube channel for LEGO, YuGiOh and Pokemon videos!

• 1 month later...

I go through facebook marketplace frequently I've seen both sealed/loose 2003 Makuta sets pop up often, and have one in used good condition in storage. I don't know if you consider just the sealed/new ones a "white whale" or even the loose ones rare but let me know if you're interested! Also have 4 sealed Agils in storage somewhere...

I used to take advantage of there being stores in Busan that carried SUPER old bionicle sets, but people there found out that even with international shipping there was a pretty penny to be made from selling to folks stateside which brought up the prices to what you'd find anywhere else.

I'd say the best holy grail is getting what you want for a reasonable price, whether it's a new set, used set, or a rare misprint.

On 1/22/2021 at 1:54 PM, Hovoki Zehvor said:

The Toa Mata make a great display piece, I usually display either them or the Inika. They usually aren't too hard to acquire, either. That 2003 Makuta is incredible though, it's one of my white whales too!

Edited by JungleJungBuilds
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...