Why did Toa Ignika choose the colours he did?

When the Ignika made its own Toa body in honour of the 2 Toa who sacrificed their lives using its power, it gave itself a yellow/black body. Is it possible this body could resemble that of the first Toa to use it? Based on these colours, could that Toa (who we know is male) have been a Toa of Stone?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

If it based the colors off the Toa who used it, it would definitely have picked Matoro. He didn't seem to respect the first one too much. More likely is just that yellow is the most Light-looking color it could think of at the time.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like the mask didn't really chose the colours. He's black, yellow and silver. If you see the yellow as gold then these three colours represent the colours that the mask has or will take depending on the state of the universe.

Onvermel

• Like 1

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

1 hour ago, Onvermel said:

I feel like the mask didn't really chose the colours. He's black, yellow and silver. If you see the yellow as gold then these three colours represent the colours that the mask has or will take depending on the state of the universe.

Onvermel

I think this is probably the most accurate description. Gold might have been the intended color, and Greg does often describe more fancy colors in the books than the sets would suggest, like how Mata Nui was described as gold in the TLR novelization. Real-life-wise, gold sockets would get brittle and break really easily, so making the Toa Ignika gold would have been a QC nightmare. Keetorange was the closest, tone-wise, so I can get behind the idea that it's silver, black, and "gold" to represent the countdown stages. That's an awesome thought and I'm accepting it as my new headcanon.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

On 3/2/2021 at 8:28 PM, The 1st Shadow said:

I think this is probably the most accurate description. Gold might have been the intended color, and Greg does often describe more fancy colors in the books than the sets would suggest, like how Mata Nui was described as gold in the TLR novelization. Real-life-wise, gold sockets would get brittle and break really easily, so making the Toa Ignika gold would have been a QC nightmare. Keetorange was the closest, tone-wise, so I can get behind the idea that it's silver, black, and "gold" to represent the countdown stages. That's an awesome thought and I'm accepting it as my new headcanon.

Also on a side note to Toa Ignika's colour being yellow might be the reason Pohatu had orange. Really him having orange never made sense as it seemed lego was making all brown bionicle into yellow yet he was orange. I'm guess as they wanted to make Ignika more unique so he got dibs on the yellow colour.

Onvermel

• Upvote 1

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp