Did The Downtime Make You Lose Interest In Lego/bionicle?

Grantaire

Interest lost?  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's not as simple as that. I answered "Didn't do a thing," because by the end of the downtime, I was as into BIONICLE as ever. Initially, the downtime made me lose interest in BIONICLE, and I fell back on Doctor Who, The Legend of Zelda, and a new obsession with Avatar: The Last Airbender. Within the last month, though, I've gone into a big BIONICLE craze, so essentially nothing changed.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

For me, it decreased a little for both, but now that the forums are back up (and once the archives of the old forum were up) I think I'll be a bit more interested.

Edited by GCKrastin

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

No, there were many other things I could do that kept my interest alive (one being going to BrickFiesta with awesome people http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png ).

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

Wasn't BZP going down that did it, it was not having a serial in pretty much all that time XP. I don't really see how BZP going down would affect interest in the line itself; there's not much of a comparison between the site and the core story.

Nope. Nothing changed. I was bored of Bionicle a long time before the forums went down. In fact, I was bored of it even when they were still making them, more than two years ago. And even if I did still like it six months or so ago, it wouldn't have changed a thing, either. Because BZPower is just ONE SITE. There are many others around the internet. I still like Lego, and a bionicle fan forum isn't going to change that.

Starting a new comic series soon.

I would say that the forums being down increased my interest in both LEGO and Bionicle. While that may have been because I was never too active on BZPower before (will strive to remedy that :D), I think the temporary loss of a website to frequent daily allowed for more time actually building with LEGO, and less time sitting in front of the computer screen. Having another community to share my creations with upon the forums' return also fueled my greater interest for the hobby.

Rahkshi8000

I wouldn't say my overall interest decreased, but I finally completely lost interest in Bionicle beyond 2004. Not that Bionicle got worse, but it really did change entirely, and I only really continued following the story past that point out of habit. On the other hand, I have gained an increased interest in Lego in general, if that's even possible. :P

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I think i learned a bit more about bionicle, and i started even writing my fan fiction about it(which is in the ###### stages, its not online its in a notebook, and if you read it probably wouldnt make much sense since im still learning the bionicle story, so yeah).

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

My interest is the same as it was before the forum downtime, and besides, I have other things to keep me occupied.

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

If anything the downtime threw me into a BIONICLE craze, brainstorming ways to keep interest alive once BZP comes back. Now that it has, maybe I can finally act on those. -Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I guess it may have lowered my interest in both [my interest was already dwindling, though]. Though, now my interest is higher due to BrickFair/Con of which I both attended and had an awesome time. newso1.png

Edited by Toa_Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

I think I'd lost a lot of interest prior to the downtime (I think it started around the time of the "The Yesterday Quest" controversy), but the downtime certainly didn't help. I have been thinking though, that I would really like to see a rebooted Bionicle, with a different continuity, which would hopefully clean up some flaws of the "G1" series. So, I haven't exactly given up on Bionicle entirely, but I have certainly become disenchanted with the current continuity.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

The downtime wasn't quite the reason I begun losing interest in BIONICLE, it was because BIONICLE had finished the story and release of sets. I became more interest in Hero Factory over the past year or two.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

The downtime really affected my interest in Bionicle. This is one of 2 (the other being BMP) sites that I frequent for Bionicle-related stuff.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png