No one ever tried to contact Bob Thompson?

Zidonaro

Over the last few years, a lot of internal and cancelled stuff about BIONICLE was revealed, including concept arts and ideas. The fandom also got in contact with a lot of the creative forces behind the line, including Christian Faber, Greg Farshtey, Alastair Swinnerton, and even the Creative Capers. They shared their production concepts to us and gave a bigger insight on how bionicle was produced, and some of them even gave interviews. 

However, one person that I feel is missing is Bob Thompson: One of the co-creators and the head of the original creative team until 2005. Hearing what he has to say about the franchise and his thoughts in its creation would definitely enrich the fandom. So my question is, did someone ever tried to contact him? It's hard trying to find information about him on the internet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xboxtravis said:

The only platform I know Bob Thompson is on publicly is LinkedIn: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/bob-thompson-9a08a43

Time to fire up my old LinkedIn account I guess. :confused:

Nah, I doubt that's him. Even if it is, it's been almost 17 years, I doubt he'd want to be bothered by a dozen people talking about Bionicle now.

bzpsig2015.png

51 minutes ago, Swert said:

Nah, I doubt that's him. Even if it is, it's been almost 17 years, I doubt he'd want to be bothered by a dozen people talking about Bionicle now.

That's definitely him:

In 2005 I formed Good Story Productions

Projects/Notable work since forming Good Story
• Co-creator - LEGO BIONICLE
• Producer - ULTRAMARINES: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie, BIONICLE Mask of Light, BIONICLE Legends of Metru Nui, BIONICLE Web of Shadows

Tho I must say that I'm also afraid he simply just dont care about Bionicle anymore, or in the worst scenario, even resent it. Let's just hope he still uses this Linkedin account so we can get in touch with him.

2 minutes ago, Zidonaro said:

Tho I must say that I'm also afraid he simply just dont care about Bionicle anymore, or in the worst scenario, even resent it. Let's just hope he still uses this Linkedin account so we can get in touch with him.

Or maybe we already did? :lookaround:

That's all I'll say.

• Like 2

bzpsig2015.png

16 minutes ago, Swert said:

Or maybe we already did? :lookaround:

That's all I'll say.

690.jpg.deb2a1bf827f565bafed8b89453d0a77.jpg

Well either way, we should be grateful that we have Greg, Faber and Swinnerton so active in answering fan questions on various platforms. 

Honestly one Bionicle person I would love to hear their story is Leah Kaae's experience as webmaster of Bionicle.com seeing how influential internet advertising was to the line. She probably had a huge role in how many of us were exposed to the lore as kids. 

Edited by Xboxtravis

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

this is incredible. I know for the longest time TTV has been trying to get in contact with him and has described him as 'very elusive' :P super cool to see he will make an appearance, I'm very excited for this one:biorules:

:exclamation:currently searching for ANY Gray Plastic Krana Kal (GPKK):exclamation: If you were a member of Proto-squad, or know someone who was, please feel free to get in contact with me