What if Hero Factory takes place in the future of the bionicle universe?

Umarakthefan

If that were true, literally nothing would change since there's no references to Bionicle in Hero Factory's story. 

• Upvote 1

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 2:36 AM, Lorentz said:

If that were true, literally nothing would change since there's no references to Bionicle in Hero Factory's story. 

Well, the Heroes look like Glatorian, so... 

Anyway, nice theory, but I have this one (ignore the negative votes and comments because they are unhealthy): 

Well, I believe that could happen if Lego decides to make their 90th anniversary set in Lego Ideas based on Bionicle in 2022, and it it goes well, then it would convince Lego to think about re-continuing and ending Bionicle 2001-2010’s and HF’s stories and making them share the same universe because of similarities. That’s my theory and it’s logical because HF did very good on its time in 2010-2014 by keeping the action figure line alive while Bionicle wasn’t there during the time.

Edited by Lenny7092
Forgot some things.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

1 hour ago, Alexander123 said:

I always had this really dark theory that the founder of Hero Factory, Akiyama Makuro, was Makuta Teridax. That would lead to some scary implications for the Hero Factory universe.

Pacific Rim You Keep Talking GIF - PacificRim YouKeepTalking Listening -  Discover & Share GIFs

Spoiler

Seriously I don't think it would add anything beneficial to the official canon of either stories... but that is one good fanfic writing prompt idea to be honest. Somebody should run with it. 

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Yeah, I really don't understand the allure of trying to force these two brands together.

Bionicle and Hero Factory were so different in tone, style, design, and theme that trying to connect them just doesn't really work. 

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

9 hours ago, Xboxtravis said:

Pacific Rim You Keep Talking GIF - PacificRim YouKeepTalking Listening -  Discover & Share GIFs

Reveal hidden contents

Seriously I don't think it would add anything beneficial to the official canon of either stories... but that is one good fanfic writing prompt idea to be honest. Somebody should run with it. 

My theory was that Teridax somehow survived the battle of Bara Magna, maybe found a Rahkshi shell to house his essence, and somehow defeated the Toa and Matoran. Makuta being a megalomaniac decided to build Hero Factory to appease some deranged desire to view himself as a hero. All the civilian robots may be brainwashed Matoran, and Quaza is either a form of protodermis or a new substance with mind controlling properties. The Heros may be a new form of Vahki or brainwashed Toa controlled by quaza. Quatros from Savage Planet may be Spherus Magna. None of the old Bionicle characters know Makuta was behind their destruction with the only survivor being the Shadowed One who became the Dark Maker and began rebuilding his criminal organization. So basically this theory makes Hero Factory and Makuhero city a product of megalomaniacs psychotic god complex.

I'm also of the opinion that this really isn't necessary. Bionicle has a complete, self contained narrative already, and doesn't really require the addition of another property for completion. I think it's an interesting concept to theorize about, in a similar fashion to G1 and G2's vahi connection, but to ask for official confirmation from Lego seems a bit excessive.

Summary: I like the concept, but it shouldn't be official canon.

:m: :a: :x:    :n: :u: :i:

2 hours ago, Max Nui said:

I'm also of the opinion that this really isn't necessary. Bionicle has a complete, self contained narrative already, and doesn't really require the addition of another property for completion. I think it's an interesting concept to theorize about, in a similar fashion to G1 and G2's vahi connection, but to ask for official confirmation from Lego seems a bit excessive.

Summary: I like the concept, but it shouldn't be official canon.

Well, it would be also interesting if a Great Being or two may have decided to build Makuro, the Factory, and Makuhero City. Plus, Ninjago had Legends of Chima be a part of it, and Hero Factory is quite similar to Bionicle (people keep looking at Hf as a part of Bionicle G1). Plus, I asked Lego to connect Bionicle G1 and HF during Bionicle’s 20th anniversary, and they like the idea. They would need to bring back Bionicle to do it, and I believe if Lego Ideas’ Lego 90th anniversary project would be based on Bionicle in 2022 and if Sodoka’s Bionicle Lego Ideas project will turn into a set by Brick Link, and if any of these guys will do well, we could have Bionicle back. That’s a logical theory, and it could mostly likely happen.

7 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Well, it would be also interesting if a Great Being or two may have decided to build Makuro, the Factory, and Makuhero City. Plus, Ninjago had Legends of Chima be a part of it, and Hero Factory is quite similar to Bionicle (people keep looking at Hf as a part of Bionicle G1). Plus, I asked Lego to connect Bionicle G1 and HF during Bionicle’s 20th anniversary, and they like the idea. They would need to bring back Bionicle to do it, and I believe if Lego Ideas’ Lego 90th anniversary project would be based on Bionicle in 2022 and if Sodoka’s Bionicle Lego Ideas project will turn into a set by Brick Link, and if any of these guys will do well, we could have Bionicle back. That’s a logical theory, and it could mostly likely happen.

What would this actually add to either stories?

• Upvote 1

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Hero Factory is quite similar to Bionicle

Similar in what way, beyond being Lego constraction lines? Hero Factory occasionally used a few Bionicle parts, sure, but in terms of setting, themes, tone, and so on, the two lines were completely different. Bionicle was a uniquely intricate medieval/future/sci-fi/fantasy with extensive lore and morally complex characters. Hero Factory was a super basic, barebones kiddie sci-fi about robot cops who arrest bad guys. 

As others have said, there's no harm in imagining fan theories or coming up with crossovers to hypothetically bring the two lines together, but trying to push for Hero Factory to be the official future of Bionicle just hurts both themes. 

(people keep looking at Hf as a part of Bionicle G1). 

What people? I've seen other topics where you talk about this as if it's a mainstream thing, but it seems to be a pretty niche preference held by a very slim minority. 

The vast majority of Bionicle fans I'm aware of appear to very much prefer Bionicle being Bionicle and Hero Factory being Hero Factory. 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

1 hour ago, Lorentz said:

What would this actually add to either stories?

Well, we could say they are two different planets. Great Beings don’t do nothing, you know. 

56 minutes ago, Gecko Greavesy said:

Similar in what way, beyond being Lego constraction lines? Hero Factory occasionally used a few Bionicle parts, sure, but in terms of setting, themes, tone, and so on, the two lines were completely different. Bionicle was a uniquely intricate medieval/future/sci-fi/fantasy with extensive lore and morally complex characters. Hero Factory was a super basic, barebones kiddie sci-fi about robot cops who arrest bad guys. 

As others have said, there's no harm in imagining fan theories or coming up with crossovers to hypothetically bring the two lines together, but trying to push for Hero Factory to be the official future of Bionicle just hurts both themes. 

What people? I've seen other topics where you talk about this as if it's a mainstream thing, but it seems to be a pretty niche preference held by a very slim minority. 

The vast majority of Bionicle fans I'm aware of appear to very much prefer Bionicle being Bionicle and Hero Factory being Hero Factory. 

People in general. You are thinking about some people in BZPower and Reddit. Even HF’s 2010 and 2011 sets used pieces from Bionicle G1 (Glatorian heads and a Mistika shield piece on Fire Lord’s weapon, Tinseltown Toons, and that Carlos artist guys who drew the comic covers for the themes, like he did with Bionicle’s 2001-2003 comics). Even Instagram and Facebook groups always look at HF as a part of Bionicle (I have a friend that said “Stormer is my favorite Bionicle set”), and some articles discussing the themes even compare them and treat them as the same thing. You can also have a Hero Drop Ship carry Bionicle Stars canisters. It’s like “tomato, tomoto”. Of course, we know the themes are what they are. They’re similar. Plus, people are into shared universes these days, like the Marvel Cinematic Universe. People never complained about Legends of Chima being a part of Ninjago because we want to know what are all the Sixteen Realms, so it’s okay to say that Nexo Knights could be one of those realms. So, I believe that it’s reasonable for Bionicle G1 and HF to share the same universe. Treat them as different planets in the universe. In my theory, there could have been at least one or two Great Beings may have left Spherus Magna when their planet was destroyed long ago. GBs in general wouldn’t do nothing, and they always create something and can do anything. We always wonder what are the GBs doing since the Shattering, like breaking the gender lock on the Matoran species. Not every GB was trapped on Bara Magna and Bota Magna, as the guy who impersonated Velika was in the Matoran Universe before SM was restored. These two GBs that I mentioned leaving SM may have created Mr. Makuro, and helped him build Makuhero City and the factory (the Heroes look like Glatorian, which are what the Great Beings are. I don’t have to include Slizers or RoboRiders because they don’t have stories, so HF is the only constraction theme reasonable to be a part of Bionicle G1 without hurting anything. It’s called making logical theories and connections when you look at large similarities, and if Lego decides to make the theories come true, depending the Lego Ideas projects and that Brick Link project that I mentioned above (both Bionicle and HF are good themes on their times), then confused people that I mentioned would understand the themes much better by seeing that HF is reasonably a part of Bionicle G1 if that happens because they are quite similar. Why did Faber make a biovival Bionicle logo picture that looks like a mix of Bionicle and HF? He seems to treat them as such, and he loves them both (he keeps on making Instagram posts about them). He’s the one who made them.

Edited by Lenny7092
I forgot Faber. Lol.

4 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

People in general. You are thinking about some people in BZPower and Reddit. Even Instagram and Facebook groups always look at HF as a part of Bionicle (I have a friend that said “Stormer is my favorite Bionicle set”), and some articles discussing the themes even compare them and treat them as the same thing. 

Uninformed people who aren't invested in the themes not knowing any better isn't a great argument for mashing them together.

If there was going to be a push to get the Lego company to fundamentally change these themes by officially making them part of the same universe, then surely that change should be for the benefit of the fans and followers who've remained interested in Bionicle and Hero Factory for so many years, not just to make things easier for people who were never interested enough in either one to learn the difference between them. 

Plus, people are into shared universes these days, like the Marvel Cinematic Universe. 

Sure, but that's not really applicable here. A shared universe works best when it starts out as a shared universe, with the intent of being built up and grown from the outset. The MCU was very much a massive fluke that no other franchise has managed to replicate to the same level of success. 

Taking two long-dead Lego themes with relatively small fanbases and awkwardly forcing them together a decade after either one was popular isn't going to create a successful shared universe. It's also not going to be easily-accessible for new fans, which is a big part of why Lego made Bionicle G2 a reboot set in a separate but similar continuity. 

I have no problem with theorising about possible links between G1, G2, or HF, for the purpose of fanfics, or RPGs, or MOCs, or whatever else. But trying to push Lego to officially connect them all in the same continuity is just going to be super divisive and confusing for fans new and old. 

In my theory, there could have been at least one or two Great Beings may have left Spherus Magna when their planet was destroyed long ago. Not every GB was trapped on Bara Magna and Bota Magna, as the guy who impersonated Velika was in the Matoran Universe before SM was restored.

This is a nice theory for fanfic purposes, but making it fact would require rewriting the established canon.

Greg Farshtey has stated several times in the past that none of the Great Beings (with the exception of Velika, who was a stowaway on the GSR) made it off Spherus Magna before it shattered. The whole idea is that the Great Beings were so invested into fixing the world they destroyed that they poured all of their effort and energy into preparing the GSR rather than selfishly trying to save themselves. They stayed behind, went into hiding, and they lived with the consequences of the war they caused. To say that a group of Great Beings went rogue, somehow separately invented their own form of interstellar travel during an all-hands-on-deck project, and traveled to a new planet to make the same mistakes all over again is a huge disservice to the intent of the Bionicle story. 

I don’t have to include Slizers or RoboRiders because they don’t have stories, so HF is the only constraction theme reasonable to be a part of Bionicle G1 without hurting anything.

Correction: those themes did have stories, and frankly the Slizers/Throwbots/RoboRiders themes had way more in common with Bionicle than Hero Factory ever did.

The stories didn't have a lot of depth to them, and obviously didn't get the same kind of print or media representation as the later themes did, but a lot of the ideas from those stories laid the groundwork for Bionicle Gen1. They had elementally-divided regions, they used disks as weapons, and even had a plotline involving a mysterious evil releasing a virus that threatened the world. 

5 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

HF is reasonably a part of Bionicle G1 if that happens because they are quite similar. 

They're similar in design, sure, but appearances are all they have in common. 

The stories, themes, depth, maturity, and genres of both lines are distinctly different.

My biggest issue with forcing the two themes together is, if Hero Factory is the future of Bionicle, then where did all of the magic go? For all of the complex psuedo-scientific detail that was crammed into Bionicle in its later years, at its heart it was a multi-layered story of myth and mysticism and magic, whereas Hero Factory was only ever a very basic, simple sci-fi. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Well, we could say they are two different planets. Great Beings don’t do nothing, you know. Treat them as different planets in the universe. In my theory, there could have been at least one or two Great Beings may have left Spherus Magna when their planet was destroyed long ago. GBs in general wouldn’t do nothing, and they always create something and can do anything. We always wonder what are the GBs doing since the Shattering, like breaking the gender lock on the Matoran species. Not every GB was trapped on Bara Magna and Bota Magna, as the guy who impersonated Velika was in the Matoran Universe before SM was restored. These two GBs that I mentioned leaving SM may have created Mr. Makuro, and helped him build Makuhero City and the factory (the Heroes look like Glatorian, which are what the Great Beings are. I don’t have to include Slizers or RoboRiders because they don’t have stories, so HF is the only constraction theme reasonable to be a part of Bionicle G1 without hurting anything.

Okay, this seems more reasonable than alot of other crossovers I've seen suggested. Having them set on a completely different planet besides Spherus Magna is at least reasonable. Most of the time when I hear "Let's make Hero Factory part of Bionicle" the suggestions always seem to be placing Makuhero city on Spherus Magna (which I think limits the future possibilities of the Bionicle canon etc.). I am not as opposed to this 'separate planet' notion, especially considering that other civilizations on other planets are canon (Mata Nui observed many developing civilizations during his travels).

As long as the canon inclusion of Hero Factory didn't mess with Spherus Magna, I don't see a problem with it. Thank you for elaborating!

:m: :a: :x:    :n: :u: :i:

13 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Well, we could say they are two different planets. Great Beings don’t do nothing, you know. 

This did not answer my question. What does connecting Bionicle and Hero Factory do to make either stories better?

• Upvote 1

My theory is that the Throwbots/Slizers are the ancestors of the BIONICLE (they throw disks, are based on elements, etc.). The Roboriders were designed to prevent viruses from attacking their world (they failed when faced with the Makuta virus). The BIONICLE universe followed which led to a unification of their world again. This unification begot the Hero Factory city a millenia later. G2 was an alternate time-line born when the Mask of Time was created. And the Great Beings are human kids who play with LEGO and create the legends. ;)

BIONICLE and Slizer/Roborider had tons of overlapping concepts (as vague and bare-bones as Slizer was). A planet being destroyed and elementally-themed gladiator fights are two very specific concepts that aren't normally a part of LEGO storytelling. Plus, Slizer (as far as I know) did not have a significant fanbase bemoaning its cancelation--anyone who was a Slizer fan pretty much got onto the BIONICLE bandwagon from the get-go. That is not how it worked out with HF.

Ninjago, Chima and even Nexo-Knights all fall into roughly the same "color-coded heroes fight a bad guy." (BIONICLE falls into that too, but BIONICLE took it in a significantly different direction tonally). It's not a bad thing, but all three of those lines are much more kid-friendly and comedic than BIONICLE. Tbh, Hero Factory would make more sense incorporated into those universes than BIONICLE.

I've still yet to be convinced that crossing over HF and BIONICLE could contribute anything meaningful to either line.

• Like 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn’t The LEGO Movie state that each Theme is connected to the others in a vast LEGO multiverse? I think that’s the best connection you could ever make, and, by its nature, could be said of any Theme, not just these two.

And even then, it doesn’t really mean a thing for either of these themes, because neither had characters venture out (unless you count Takua being in that Backlot Shockwave game, but in that case, he was really an actor named Bob who was playing Takua). The Toa Mata were shown in the movie during the explanation as an example, but they never actually left their universe.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water